Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Will We See Mass Homelessness if There is No Stimulus by EOY?

I think homelessness in America will get a lot worse over the winter if we have to wait until February for stimulus. Like 2-5 million people visibly homeless in major cities.

Congress has to pass a government spending bill by December 11, and unemployment numbers are climbing again, alongside COVID, so the government may throw another stimulus check our way and extend unemployment benefits in December. Highly doubtful, but possible.

What do we think, Datalounge?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 21, 2020 12:20 AM

very likely - we already are

by Anonymousreply 1November 19, 2020 3:02 PM

Can’t they just put them in all those empty shopping malls? We’ll feed them with Cinnabons and Auntie Anne’s pretzels and lemonade.

by Anonymousreply 2November 19, 2020 3:06 PM

OP, duh. But as Trump would say, “la la la la, I can’t heeeeeeeeeear you!!!!!!!” It’s easier that way.

by Anonymousreply 3November 19, 2020 3:20 PM

Draft them military style to provide street cleaning and other menial jobs and provide cots and tents and basic services. Why give them luxury hotel rooms where they can panhandle during the day and commit other crimes and then get high at night? Dumbass DeBlasio policies allow this nonsense. People living in NYC with 3 roommates or more paying 40% taxes for city, state and federal should be outraged at this outrageous waste of money.

by Anonymousreply 4November 19, 2020 3:27 PM

Don’t we already see mass homelessness as it is?

by Anonymousreply 5November 19, 2020 5:19 PM

R5, I said 2-5 million in the largest cities. The number is nowhere near that (maybe 500,000 in Los Angeles, New York, and San Fran total)

by Anonymousreply 6November 19, 2020 10:48 PM

I have a friend who is house shopping in Georgia. The market he's in is tight right now, but the real estate agent told him not to worry. In January, there will be thousands of foreclosed homes to choose from. My friend said he didn't want to buy a foreclosed house, and the agent agreed it was sad, but the banks were going to take those houses whether or not he bought one.

by Anonymousreply 7November 19, 2020 11:02 PM

EOY?

by Anonymousreply 8November 19, 2020 11:07 PM

R8, EOY = End of Year

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2020 11:52 PM

Thanks for replying before COB.

by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2020 11:57 PM

COB? Close of Bussy?

by Anonymousreply 11November 21, 2020 12:09 AM

R11, haha

by Anonymousreply 12November 21, 2020 12:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!