Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Dump is literally doing nothing. While 1000s die every day.

“12 out of the last 16 days, he’s had nothing on his public schedule,” Berman said. “Nothing! I covered the White House for a year, I’ve never seen anything like this. People who have covered it for far longer than I have have never seen a stretch like this. He’s doing aggressively nothing.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207December 6, 2020 11:39 AM

theGrio’s Natasha Alford then argued that it was clear Trump is no longer interested in doing even the basic work required of the presidency.

“The president has completely checked out,” she said. “He’s more invested in flexing his Twitter fingers and fighting for an election that he already lost than the health and the safety of the American people. And it’s truly a shame, it’s truly a shame.”

by Anonymousreply 1November 19, 2020 12:03 PM

He's not interested in the United States or the American people. Never was. It felt good to win an election and to attend dinner in Buckingham Palace. The 2020 election loss hurt his ego. Possibly his investments and his standing in many people's eyes. In DJT's mind, we hurt him. We rejected him. He feels he's worked a lot and he's attended many rallies. Yet we still rejected him, so he doesn't see any point in working as President anymore. His ego doesn't think DJT should do any thing more if we've rejected him after he's done so much.

by Anonymousreply 2November 19, 2020 12:11 PM

Again, WHO IS SURPRISED? This man showed us who he was decades ago. He never had any business being President.

by Anonymousreply 3November 19, 2020 12:11 PM

So Jared is running the country. Right?

by Anonymousreply 4November 19, 2020 12:14 PM

I don’t think anyone is running it.

by Anonymousreply 5November 19, 2020 12:15 PM

And 70 million plus people voted for him. It always amazes me how many support a scumbag like this. We live amongst so many rotten, callous ghouls in this country. It’s terrifying out there.

by Anonymousreply 6November 19, 2020 12:16 PM

Compared to what he COULD be doing, I'll take this.

by Anonymousreply 7November 19, 2020 12:18 PM

Well.....if you had to face something completely intolerable or else do nothing, which would you do? A brave person would face it; Donald is not brave.

by Anonymousreply 8November 19, 2020 12:18 PM

R6, it's also amazing to see how they continue to venerate him, even as he reveals he doesn't give a shit about them. He can have a rally with thousands of people, and then when that state voted Biden, he's all about denying that state access to the vaccine, despite his thousands of rabid fans who live there.

by Anonymousreply 9November 19, 2020 12:19 PM

Fat. Lazy. Foul-mouthed. Amoral. He was the ideal president for the fat, lazy, foul-mouthed, amoral Americans. They loved him. They understood him. Because he was just like them.

And that's why they voted for him.

by Anonymousreply 10November 19, 2020 12:20 PM

People are funny. They’re making it sound as if he he ever did any work as President.

by Anonymousreply 11November 19, 2020 12:21 PM

People are funny. They’re making it sound as if he he ever did any work as President.

by Anonymousreply 12November 19, 2020 12:21 PM

by Anonymousreply 13November 19, 2020 12:21 PM

"Dump is the worst President America has ever seen and is the worst President America will ever see in its entire history however long America continues to exist as a country. [bold]Period.[/bold]"

by Anonymousreply 14November 19, 2020 12:22 PM

The VP needs to have the Cabinet dismiss him so that we, at the very least, get some general leadership for the next 61 days. Trump is clearly, without a doubt incompetent and has suffered a psychological break, thus he is dangerous and compromised. Even the most devoted fan/supporter must notice this is a complete dereliction of duty.

by Anonymousreply 15November 19, 2020 12:23 PM

Not that he has not shown hypocrisy before, but he spent months ranting about how Joe Biden was hidden in his basement.

I also think that he is not feeling well physically, the few moments he has shown up he has looked a bit frail.

Kayleigh also has not had a press conference in over a month and has only appeared on Fox News. Plus, when is the last time Trump took questions. He did a lot of rallies leading up to the elections, but he pretty much ignored the press as they shouted questions as he ran to and from the helicopter or airplane.

by Anonymousreply 16November 19, 2020 12:23 PM

R7 makes a damn good point.

by Anonymousreply 17November 19, 2020 12:23 PM

[quote] And 70 million plus people voted for him.

Now up to 73.5M! Although Biden will likely cross 80M by the time we're through. Still... 73.5M is a hell of a lot of votes for someone who tried to kill them.

by Anonymousreply 18November 19, 2020 12:24 PM

I hate to say it, but it's better than him pushing the Big Red Button to start a nuclear war with Iran, ir China, etc.

by Anonymousreply 19November 19, 2020 12:25 PM

Can anyone believe - I mean REALLY believe - that we are in this preposterous situation?

by Anonymousreply 20November 19, 2020 12:26 PM

Lamestream Media LIES!

His Twitter feed is as active as ever and filled with Truth!

by Anonymousreply 21November 19, 2020 12:28 PM

R19, he's working on that. If he can start WWIII by January 20, it will soothe his wounded ego a bit.

by Anonymousreply 22November 19, 2020 12:29 PM

The next GOP president will make Trump or Trump 1.0 look good like he made W look good.

I wonder if Biden and the Dems realize what the challenge they face is.

by Anonymousreply 23November 19, 2020 12:30 PM

R2.. TOTALLY NAILED IT!!..

by Anonymousreply 24November 19, 2020 12:32 PM

I’m 66 years old and I’ve never been this terrified in my life. Just the thought of the serious damage he’s doing and will continue to do for the next two months. I would feel better if he was removed from office and replaced with Pence before Biden and Harris are sworn in.

by Anonymousreply 25November 19, 2020 12:49 PM

Sean Spicer really said that r14? Wow. I guess I missed when he flipped on him.

by Anonymousreply 26November 19, 2020 1:01 PM

R7, I agree.

Keep him out of the Oval Office as much as humanly possible.

The man is itching to start a war with Iran as his last hurrah fireworks show.

He’s already allowed CoViD to decimate and kill communities all over our country. He’s an actual literal, living and breathing national security risk, and I prefer to see him golfing than sending us into the beginning of something that could send us into a parallel death spiral positioned next to the one we are currently in.

He’s probably one of the top 10 most dangerous people on this planet at this moment. No exaggeration or pearl clutching necessary when assessing who this man truly is and what he’s truly capable of.

Underestimating this ghoul has already killed over 250,000 Americans.

by Anonymousreply 27November 19, 2020 1:20 PM

At the very least, I hope he suffers from the after effects of Covid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 19, 2020 1:30 PM

Honestly, him doing nothing is better than when he does things.

by Anonymousreply 29November 19, 2020 1:31 PM

R2 is right. For Trump, being president was never about promoting a set of policies he believed in that would best serve the American people. For him, it's always been about one-upping Obama, gaining power, getting attention, and being able to give full voice to his narcissism. The American people? Nothing in his life, before or during his presidency, suggests that he is concerned about him. I think it was all captured during the 2016 election when he was asked what sacrifices he had made in his life to help others. He had no answer.

by Anonymousreply 30November 19, 2020 1:35 PM

[quote]At the very least, I hope he suffers from the after effects of Covid.

I am wondering if some of that is going on now. He seemed a bit wobbley at the cemetery on Veteran's Day, and I think there is a reason why he did not even do a mini version of his stand up routine at the MAGA rally that he only did a drive-by.

by Anonymousreply 31November 19, 2020 1:37 PM

Yeah, considering what he could be doing (and has been trying to do!) I’m GLAD the fat fuck is doing nothing. Let’s hope it stays that way until they scoop him out of the White House in a net like the cockroach he is.

by Anonymousreply 32November 19, 2020 1:37 PM

He’s wasting deplorable contributions on chasing down frivolous election lawsuits that are being tossed out. I’m okay with that if it keeps him occupied and lets the grown ups in Biden’s Cabinet prepare. I think behind the scenes, though, he’s more likely engaged in his games of quid pro quo with all his frenemies for when his time runs out in January.

by Anonymousreply 33November 19, 2020 1:38 PM

I agree with R2 and R6 about being shocked (angry....) that 70M+ still voted for him after his mismanaging the Covid crisis. I do not think I will ever understand it. Democrats need to step up their game fast and smartly. I have no hope that the Georgia miracle will happen but, again, that people vote for Purdue and that lady after what they did..... it is unimaginable to me.

by Anonymousreply 34November 19, 2020 1:43 PM

R33, sure he's wasting money on meritless lawsuits, but not the money donated by deplorables. The fine print on the donations reveal that an individual's donations have to reach $8,500 before it will be used for the lawsuits. Anything less and it is split between the RNC and one of DJT's slush funds.

by Anonymousreply 35November 19, 2020 1:44 PM

Calling his actions "a shame" really falls short of the mark. Even if the legal definition of treason doesn't fit, how do you classify actively pursuing a course (whether through action or inaction) which harms the population of a country which you lead? He is not the President of those who voted for him or who coddle him, he is President of the entire USA, no matter what he thinks.

by Anonymousreply 36November 19, 2020 1:46 PM

Mark Meadows is back at work today so maybe someone will check White House VM now.

by Anonymousreply 37November 19, 2020 1:48 PM

R35 - even if it’s Koch or DeVos money, it’s deplorable contributions all the same. Bottom line is it’s not his money he’s wasting.

by Anonymousreply 38November 19, 2020 1:49 PM

He doesn’t even want to president. He just doesn’t want to lose. The biggest villains in this saga are the congressional republicans who are allowing this nonsense to happen. They DO know better. They’re just evil.

by Anonymousreply 39November 19, 2020 1:49 PM

[quote]And 70 million plus people voted for him. It always amazes me how many support a scumbag like this. We live amongst so many rotten, callous ghouls in this country. It’s terrifying out there.

Worse still: We live among asshole enablers who still think AOC is the problem and that's why 73M voted for an odious creature like Trump. They still want to exonerate repugnant Trump voters by blaming the left for why these 73M are so repugnant.

And I don't even like AOC, but I'm so fed the fuck up with the excuses made for these evil troglodytes voting for a scumbag, worthless Neo-Nazi.

by Anonymousreply 40November 19, 2020 1:50 PM

He is not doing nothing, I guess he called the two MI canvassers after they changed their mind and certified the vote, leading to speculation that is why they tried to rescind last night. He really does act like a mob boss.

by Anonymousreply 41November 19, 2020 1:58 PM

Agreed, R38. No argument here, just discussion. I tend to think of the deplorables as the poor and working-class low-information voters who really get nothing from following Trump except validation for their bigotry and anger, and the DeVoss types, deplorable as they may be, to be more like highly polished grifters who are in on the con and only give a shit about stealing the most money and imposing their agenda in the most all-encompassing way. The rich donate knowing they'll get a return on their investment, even if it's not immediately apparent, and the low-income deplorables donate without a clue Trump is simply taking their money to use as he wishes.

by Anonymousreply 42November 19, 2020 2:09 PM

I agree with r39. It's the entire Repug party that is to blame. None of them care about us, the citizens. They are to busy trying to suppress votes and they know nothing's going to happen to them. They don't have to answer to any shit. As for those 70 million votes, I'm hoping that number is inaccurate due to rigged voting machines.

by Anonymousreply 43November 19, 2020 2:10 PM

How come no one gives him credit for all the people who didn't die? Plus, think of all the money he saved social security and medicare by killing all those parasitic seniors, especially the black ones. Add that total to all the poors/olds who get washed away/burned by global warming and you'll see why Trump's face deserves to be on Mt. Rushmore and not on the urinal cakes in the visitor's center.

by Anonymousreply 44November 19, 2020 2:12 PM

[quote]you'll see why Trump's face deserves to be on Mt. Rushmore

I have no problem with his face on there as long as it gets there by him being launched towards it.

by Anonymousreply 45November 19, 2020 2:16 PM

[quote]I’m 66 years old and I’ve never been this terrified in my life. Just the thought of the serious damage he’s doing and will continue to do for the next two months. I would feel better if he was removed from office and replaced with Pence before Biden and Harris are sworn in.

I'm 68 and am thankful that at least I don't have to be in my 20s and look forward to an unimaginably bleak future. One of the few situations in which I'm glad I'm old.

by Anonymousreply 46November 19, 2020 2:38 PM

I bet he doesn't even do the President's walk with the WH staff that cleaned, fed and put up with his bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 47November 19, 2020 3:18 PM

He makes everything worse--so I'm glad he's checked out.

Interesting that he isn't even doing those rallies he considered. I guess that would just lead to thousands more dying.

by Anonymousreply 48November 19, 2020 3:39 PM

R48, but he's still firing people and that's dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 49November 19, 2020 3:42 PM

This is the type of writing you'd see in mimeographed pamphlets at swap meets in the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 50November 19, 2020 3:46 PM

Dora Dumbfuck at R26

by Anonymousreply 51November 19, 2020 3:47 PM

He’s strongly doing nothing. Very strongly.

by Anonymousreply 52November 19, 2020 3:50 PM

DL Favorite Maggie Haberman said he had no strategy, just trying to start as many fires & create as much destruction as possible, so with that in mind, less is more with him. Let him play golf, pick his nose or tweet all day - whatever - every day we get through is one day closer to being rid of him. I also think he knows his legal challenges & attempts at overturning the Electoral College are doomed to fail, but its the only card he has left to play at this point, so why not?

by Anonymousreply 53November 19, 2020 3:54 PM

While I am glad he is keeping his fat trap shut and enjoying the silence, it does blow my mind that everyone is saying "he just needs time to cool down and accept this loss." Seriously, what a whiny diaper titty baby snowflake, just like his 73 million MAGA morons. They can go fuck their feelings, just like they were screaming at Democrats in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 54November 19, 2020 3:56 PM

Trump and his followers/supporters are officially a cult now. He can play golf and tweet all day and do nothing else while thousands die each day because of his neglect of the COVID-19 pandemic but his supporters don't care. Trump has nothing to do with policies or agendas, it has to do with the person. After WWII was over many outside Germany wondered why people were so supportive of Hitler until he was gone. That's what cult mentality is.

by Anonymousreply 55November 19, 2020 4:04 PM

[quote]Interesting that he isn't even doing those rallies he considered. I guess that would just lead to thousands more dying.

This is one of the reasons why I think there might be something up with his physical health.

by Anonymousreply 56November 19, 2020 4:06 PM

How awesome would it be if he ends up on a ventilator? I really wanted him to face accountability and jail, but I'd settle for him gasping for air too.

by Anonymousreply 57November 19, 2020 4:09 PM

R57, I'd prefer it be some public humiliation, like projectile vomiting while standing a podium in front of cameras and then shitting his pants and having it drip out on the floor so everyone can see it.

If the humiliation of losing an election has made him hide this much from the public, I'm thinking videos of him vomiting and shitting might just make him disappear forever.

by Anonymousreply 58November 19, 2020 4:12 PM

No doubt he's sitting on his fat ass all day watching tv and eating junk food.

by Anonymousreply 59November 19, 2020 4:13 PM

[quote]"And it’s truly a shame, it’s truly a shame.”

And it's truly a crime, it's truly a crime.

by Anonymousreply 60November 19, 2020 4:21 PM

I don't think there is that much emotion in it r2. There's just nothing in it for him, end of story. It's black and white, nothing to be gained. It's a deal. It's a broken deal now, so nothing in it for him, time for him to move on. He never was invested, he faked it all and some voters bought it but he's a showman at the end of the day.

by Anonymousreply 61November 19, 2020 4:39 PM

He can’t rally for 2024 because then he’d have to admit he lost 2020.

by Anonymousreply 62November 19, 2020 4:41 PM

Being President is a status, not an activity.

by Anonymousreply 63November 19, 2020 4:42 PM

He’s busy plotting to steal the election using arcane procedural wrinkles. As if.

by Anonymousreply 64November 19, 2020 4:43 PM

It ain't happening. NO one is letting that motherfucker be president again.

by Anonymousreply 65November 19, 2020 4:44 PM

Macduff had advice for Trump:

Then yield thee, coward, And live to be the show and gaze o' the time: We'll have thee, as our rarer monsters are, Painted on a pole, and underwrit, 'Here may you see the tyrant.'

by Anonymousreply 66November 19, 2020 4:46 PM

If the worst end, complete with imprisonment, poverty, isolation, irrelevancy, illness and the rest of what the could occur, happens for this damnable tyrant, it will not be bad enough for him.

Worst person in American history. And in a tie for second place is every politician supporting him. And in third place is every asshole who voted for him and/or them.

by Anonymousreply 67November 19, 2020 4:47 PM

Well, he told his supporters during his rallies that they won't hear anything about Covid after the election. Dump is just an honest man and keeping his word.

by Anonymousreply 68November 19, 2020 4:52 PM

Drawing down our troops is doing nothing? Or distributing a vaccine by the end of the year?

by Anonymousreply 69November 19, 2020 4:52 PM

He should be impeached again. Or Amendment 25-ed. Or just ignored by everyone in his administration. The VP could funnel virus info everywhere. He’s already on the task force, and he can’t be fired by Trump .

by Anonymousreply 70November 19, 2020 4:53 PM

R69???? Do you know where you are?

by Anonymousreply 71November 19, 2020 4:57 PM

[quote] R67: Worst person in American history. And in a tie for second place is every politician supporting him. And in third place is every asshole who voted for him and/or them.

Hmm, perhaps the name Trump will be used with the same contempt used when discussing General Benedict Arnold. Arnold resented that other Generaks

by Anonymousreply 72November 19, 2020 4:59 PM

[quote] R67: Worst person in American history. And in a tie for second place is every politician supporting him. And in third place is every asshole who voted for him and/or them.

Hmm, perhaps the name Trump will be used with the same contempt used when discussing General Benedict Arnold. Arnold resented that other Generaks

by Anonymousreply 73November 19, 2020 4:59 PM

Ok all true. Concrete takeaways -

He's not even pretending to work as before. He's been told to stay our of the way at the golf club and only to keep the country distracted and in turmoil with tweets

Meanwhile,

Jared and Miller continue to run the country as before, the lawsuits, instructions to GSA and staff, replacing heads with loyal new appointees, making new orders, the Georgia elections, building new tv base, rallying the militia, destroying documents, prepping for departure

by Anonymousreply 74November 19, 2020 5:00 PM

Im so sick of tRump and his fans.

by Anonymousreply 75November 19, 2020 5:03 PM

I meant to add to R73, that Arnold resented that other US Generals were getting credit for his own conquests. He defected to the British side, after aiding them. He also burned down New London, CT.

Across the Thames river in Connecticut, at Fort Griswold, the American commander surrendered the fort, and gave his sword to the British commander, as was the custom. The British commander accepted the sword, then ran it through the American commander.

Arnold eventually returned to England. The society people there were not welcoming. They thought he received money to switch sides, and nobody thought that was admirable.

by Anonymousreply 76November 19, 2020 5:08 PM

I think Trump is worse than Benedict Arnold, given Trump’s Presidential role.

by Anonymousreply 77November 19, 2020 5:10 PM

Did you see Pompeo & his Pomeo Doctrine nonsense in Israel? My, girlfriend is grasping at straws in the waning days of her power

by Anonymousreply 78November 19, 2020 5:12 PM

—King Of The Pig People

I like this; it's like Walking Dead only instead of shambling zombies, they bow to King Pig

by Anonymousreply 79November 19, 2020 5:14 PM

R78, I saw that. Rancid bitch is planning to run in 2024. This is why he and Haley are always so far up Israel's ass.

by Anonymousreply 80November 19, 2020 5:17 PM

Trump could have stayed a lying jerk and have been an effective enough president. Put competent centrists in charge, tax cuts, spend spend spend, big showy stuff like with draw all troops, and sell it all to his support.

He could have been a lite managing executive who PRs his own important even though he does little. He could have jetted around the world and been gracious and had 4 state dinners a year. Melania would have enjoyed the glam and maybe rehabilitated her image a smudge. Done a lot of pomp and circumstance. Put Ivanka and Jared on something showy but not in anyway important. It seems like Jared acted as chief of staff fairly often.

He couldn't manage any of that lite roster.

by Anonymousreply 81November 19, 2020 5:19 PM

He is a colossal "tool".

by Anonymousreply 82November 19, 2020 5:20 PM

Jenna Ellis and Kayleigh jam out Pig People style

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83November 19, 2020 5:21 PM

He never wanted to do the work of president, just hold the office. It's obvious when he gave up on the pandemic and when he doesn't even address the majority of Americans that didn't vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 84November 19, 2020 5:38 PM

Trump wouldn't be able to do even a fraction of the bad shit he does without his Republican enablers.

by Anonymousreply 85November 19, 2020 6:03 PM

It’s going to get worse. Wait until Trump starts pardoning his criminal circle of thugs including his family of crimes they could be charged with in the future for crimes committed in the past. Yes, he can do that.

And then comes the mother of them all when Trump announces that he’s pardoning himself. It will be Breaking News 24/7.

The country will be in turmoil with corruption, the financial crisis will worsen, the coronavirus will rage on, and he won’t care.

by Anonymousreply 86November 19, 2020 6:11 PM

I'm just glad he's already 74 and in bad shape. I dont think I could deal with this tool and his tweets another 20+ years. His father and brother died fairly early and let's hope he doesn't make it to 80. His sons are both uncharismatic losers and obviously not the brightest in the family so I hope we won't hear from them again after January. Ivanka? I think people have already figured out what a fake grifter Barbie she is so she will hopefully also fuck off to Mar-a Lago or Timbuktu.

by Anonymousreply 87November 19, 2020 6:20 PM

[Quote]Rancid bitch is planning to run in 2024.

Pompeo is a lying, disgusting fat slob. I really hope he runs in 2024 bc I doubt people would actually vote or hold MAGA rallies for this motherfucker. It would mean four more years for the Dems to repair the mess Trump and his crime family left behind.

by Anonymousreply 88November 19, 2020 6:26 PM

R88 Pompeo is running in 2024?

by Anonymousreply 89November 19, 2020 7:21 PM

That’s also an issue, R84, in that he thinks he only works for the people who voted for him. He’s lazy and entitled. He’s had everything handed to him his whole life, and when he doesn’t get his way, he bitches and moans and blackmails. That’s all he knows. And contrary to what his supporters think, he’s not a successful businessman; he’s a successful con artist. People need to learn the difference.

by Anonymousreply 90November 19, 2020 7:36 PM

Just like Deplorables today blame Obama for the Crash (which took place under his predecessor), I think Biden will get the blame for not improving things fast enough and strongly enough.

by Anonymousreply 91November 19, 2020 7:40 PM

R69, distributing a vaccine?

You mean like he distributed paper towels in Puerto Rico?

by Anonymousreply 92November 19, 2020 7:43 PM

And now the SDNY is investigating Trumps consulting fees for the Trump organization. Ivanka is in the middle of that.

She just freaked out on Twitter. She must know she's in trouble and nervous as hell. I hope she's charged and we get an Ivanka mugshot.

That would be pretty sweet!

by Anonymousreply 93November 20, 2020 5:00 AM

Again, it's the Repug Party that is responsible for the shit we're going through today!

by Anonymousreply 94November 20, 2020 8:38 AM

It’s going to get worse. Wait until Trump starts pardoning his criminal circle of thugs including his family of crimes they could be charged with in the future for crimes committed in the past. Yes, he can do that.

Well, hasn't he already done that? And he has to be careful not pardon anyone who could potentially testify against him (Flynn!).

I hope that whoever theorized that the reason we haven't seen Dump in a while is because he is in poor health is right; I hope he's coming down off his uppers he was on during rallies, post-COVID drugs (if the fucker ever had it) and sees the walls closing in. I just want him to die so we can be rid of his loathsome presence.

by Anonymousreply 95November 20, 2020 9:05 AM

R89, I'm not 88, but I've heard several TV pundits say they think he's positioning himself for a presidential run.

by Anonymousreply 96November 20, 2020 9:13 AM

R89, I'm not 88, but I've heard several TV pundits say they think he's positioning himself for a presidential run.

by Anonymousreply 97November 20, 2020 9:13 AM

Trump will threaten to run in 2024, but he won’t do it. He won’t risk being labeled a loser again.

by Anonymousreply 98November 20, 2020 9:22 AM

Agreed, R98. Also, in four years he will either be dead or quite infirm. Healthwise, he's a disaster waiting to happen.

by Anonymousreply 99November 20, 2020 9:36 AM

Trump will claim to run in 2024 so he can mess up Republicans who are running, eg little Mario. He’ll also sabotage any of his former administration people, Pompeo, Haley, pence, just because he can. He has no loyalty and will resent anyone who thinks they can ride his coattails with his base.

by Anonymousreply 100November 20, 2020 1:36 PM

[quote] They are to busy trying to suppress votes

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 101November 20, 2020 1:58 PM

[quote] His father and brother died fairly early and let's hope he doesn't make it to 80.

His father lived to age 93. His mother, 83.

by Anonymousreply 102November 20, 2020 1:59 PM

Does he still change his diapers?

by Anonymousreply 103November 20, 2020 2:13 PM

^”That’s my job”

by Anonymousreply 104November 20, 2020 2:22 PM

[quote] I'm not 88

Well, you look it.

by Anonymousreply 105November 20, 2020 2:26 PM

He’s done nothing for 4 years! Why start now?

by Anonymousreply 106November 20, 2020 2:32 PM

[quote] I also think that he is not feeling well physically,

This.

I think he’s crashed from the steroids. He was started on a high dose of Decadron.

by Anonymousreply 107November 20, 2020 2:36 PM

Does Decadron automatically come in 10mg increments. I would think it has to.

These are the things I wonder about in quarantine.

by Anonymousreply 108November 20, 2020 2:44 PM

I heard Anderson Cooper quote a stat something like 11 days of completely empty calendar. Zilch.

by Anonymousreply 109November 20, 2020 2:50 PM

It reminds me of Prince Philip and Prince Charles, the son, r102. At Trump's age (74), Philip looked incredible- fit, slim, no puffiness, athletic (long walks, fishing, hunting, carriage riding, etc), and natural complexion. Charles, on the other hand, looks like Trump in a lot of ways - beset with a few ailments. I kind of doubt Trump will live to be as old as his father. Unless "life support" constitutes living.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110November 20, 2020 3:19 PM

[quote] distributing a vaccine?

[quote] You mean like he distributed paper towels in Puerto Rico?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111November 20, 2020 4:14 PM

No way Trump is making it to 2024. He's obese and hasn't eaten a burger he doesn't love. A stroke will get him within a few years.

by Anonymousreply 112November 20, 2020 4:32 PM

R110 Trump only drinks Diet Cokes. Therefore it is healthy!

by Anonymousreply 113November 20, 2020 4:46 PM

I've looked at this from all sides. In short: I increasingly doubt he will live in the US.

by Anonymousreply 114November 20, 2020 4:47 PM

I had no idea Joni Mitchell posted here!

Thanks r114!

by Anonymousreply 115November 20, 2020 5:03 PM

Has he been seen golfing? No? He may be in self isolation because of covid. Sick? A tweet means nothing. People tweet for him.

"Yet two weeks after his defeat by Joe Biden in the election, Trump has effectively gone missing in action. Day after day passes without a public sighting. He does not hold press conferences any more. He has even stopped calling into conservative media.”

Calling it a “monumental sulk” by the president, the report notes that somedays we only know that the president is alive due to his tweets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116November 21, 2020 3:06 PM

Didn’t he hold a presser yesterday?

by Anonymousreply 117November 21, 2020 3:08 PM

Yes, he did. Where he took credit for Pfizer’s vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 118November 21, 2020 3:10 PM

[quote]Didn’t he hold a presser yesterday?

He came out read a written statement, with an ad-lib saying he won the campaign, and turned around and exited without answering any questions.

by Anonymousreply 119November 21, 2020 3:11 PM

It’s closer to 2,000 now, but it will be 3,000 for Christmas. 🎄 Merry Christmas Everyone!

by Anonymousreply 120November 21, 2020 3:14 PM

Ok, but that hardly means he’s “missing in action,” or “hasn’t been seen publicly,” or “hasn’t held a press conference.”

It’d be nice if he was sitting somewhere sulking, but he’s not. He’s actively working to create more turmoil and division and is trying to overturn the people’s will.

by Anonymousreply 121November 21, 2020 3:14 PM

Remember how so many Republicans think the 2008 economic crash happened when Obama was president? It's going to be hilarious that by 2024, everyone will credit Joe Biden for getting everyone vaccinated and ending the pandemic.

If Trump is still alive, his head will explode, since he's so invested in getting credit for the vaccine. What's really stupid is that according to him, no one gets very sick from it, everyone recovers easily and quickly, and no one is dying from it. But if that were in any way true, no vaccine would be needed. And his followers are too stupid to recognize a failure of basic logic when they see it.

by Anonymousreply 122November 21, 2020 3:17 PM

[quote] Yet two weeks after his defeat by Joe Biden in the election, Trump has effectively gone missing in action.

He’s crashing. He was in a high dose of a strong steroid to keep him going through the election. Now he’s off them & he’s crashing. It’s a common medical side effect.

by Anonymousreply 123November 21, 2020 3:20 PM

Dump is hoping more Blacks die off this is why he didn't warn Americans. Wearing and is not enough you MUST protect your eyes, wear glasses too.

by Anonymousreply 124November 21, 2020 3:21 PM

Have you ever seen a musclehead who went off steroids?

by Anonymousreply 125November 21, 2020 3:23 PM

[quote] He has even stopped calling into conservative media.”

Fox isn’t going to let him on the air. He’s been slagging them nonstop. I’m sure he’s called & tried to get on the air but they won’t let him. Aside from him criticizing their anchors, he may say something that gets them in legal trouble if it involves stirring violence or resulting in the death of impressionable people.

I see people comparing Hitler & Nazis to Trump but they never say the most important thing - for years mainstream German media published daily, relentless antisemitic articles & editorials.it wasn’t just Goebles spreading propaganda. I worked for a German restaurant owner who grew up in post WW1 & in WW2 Germany. Every day there were stories of rich Jewish landlords forcing poor, destitute Germans out of their homes. Jewish bankers were shown in cartoon as pigs gobbling up money. Jewish banks bought poor, righteous Germans out of business so they could take over all of Germany it was said they would eventually force christian churches to close down. My boss said this was daily news, for years and years. It wasn’t just Hitler & nazis who relent,essay pushed antisemitic tripes,it was mainstream newspapers.

Fox News is mainstream. Liberal democrats are to them what Jews were to German newspapers. They’ve been depicting democrats as heartless murderers who steal money from innocent white men & give it to lazy minorities. Democrats want to defund police, open the jails & empty them. Dems want all those minority criminals rampaging on the street, raping good blonde women. The brown people are taking your jobs.

Don’t pay attention to the billionaires who sent their factories overseas, refuse to give people full time work at a decent wage & give them benefits.

The billionaires are the good guys!

Are you an anti-business socialist communist who hates the entrepreneurial spirit? You’re a communist, aren’t you? You’re against American values. All anyone has to do in America is work hard & they’ll be rewarded. The people who are unhappy are losers. They’re lazy. They’re not Americans. They want a free ride.

Did our American men want a free ride in WW2 and when they came home? By God, no. They went to work. So did the Vietnam vets who were spat upon and called baby killers every single day by liberal democrats. It wasn’t the US government or the US military’s West Point graduates who were at fault in Vietnam. It was the Dems who wouldn’t bomb those gooks back to the Stone Age,

Americans have been listening to this shit for 35 years on radio & tv. Big surprise they’re acting like Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 126November 21, 2020 3:49 PM

R126... WELL SAID!...

by Anonymousreply 127November 22, 2020 2:23 PM

Thx r27 it was TLDR.

by Anonymousreply 128November 22, 2020 2:36 PM

Which is exactly why right wing media in America is very dangerous. Something has to be done about people like Tucker Carlson Laura Ingraham Sean Hannity Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh etc.

Those people are very dangerous and seem as though they are trying to destabilize the United States. They see the country changing in certain ways and they don't like it, so they figure we'll help destroy it, so that way you'll inherit a country in chaos.

I really feel like there's something behind the misinformation and the divisive nature of right wing media in this country. They know exactly what they're doing. It's on purpose because they want a certain outcome from all that their doing.

I truly believe this.

by Anonymousreply 129November 22, 2020 3:21 PM

The thing about RW media is that they have lawyers who know how to avoid lawsuits regarding their broadcasts. Look at the whistleblower couple who took Fox to court in FL & sued Fox for firing them because they wouldn’t lie. They lost and were told to pay the court costs for Fox News.

Since then Fox has only been sued for sex discrimination/harassment.

One of the reasons the whistleblowers lost was because journalism has no written code of ethics on par with the medical & legal professions. They have guidelines, but they don’t have anything saying that telling the truth/not lying is mandatory for journalists. The judge said “It’s not me who says it’s ok for journalists to lie. It’s journalism. Since there are no hard & fast rules about journalists telling the truth, you can’t be whistleblowers. Fox violated no law. They only violated your personal code of ethics, and they aren’t legally culpable for personal ethics.”

by Anonymousreply 130November 22, 2020 4:01 PM

Supporters are right wing media claim they are defending free speech, but what they are really defending is demagoguery. Lies, hate rhetoric, racism, easily disputed conspiracy theories.

Before right wing talk radio and Fox we had the Fairness Doctrine which required that any comments made in public radio or television had to be factual. The media station that allowed for opinion comments must allow for equal time for rebuttal by opposing views. The Fairness Doctrine was basically gutted by the Supreme Court in 1987. Now anybody can basically say any bullshit they want on the airwaves and they are protected by "free speech".

by Anonymousreply 131November 22, 2020 4:28 PM

Brian Williams' "salty shade" at the do-nothing president

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132November 22, 2020 4:32 PM

he's plotting running for president in 2024

by Anonymousreply 133November 22, 2020 4:36 PM

R133, no, he won't. I assure you, he has no interest in being president, only in remaining relevant. He puts that out there to remain relevant.

by Anonymousreply 134November 22, 2020 4:42 PM

They should have never gotten rid of the fairness doctrine. Why did they do that? And why dosen't the supreme court enforce what's right in society more forcefully?

Washington is truly a cesspool of corruption to no end.

by Anonymousreply 135November 22, 2020 6:30 PM

Trump is a waste of flesh

by Anonymousreply 136November 22, 2020 6:37 PM

[quote] they want a certain outcome from all that their doing.

Oh, dear!!

by Anonymousreply 137November 22, 2020 7:00 PM

[quote]he has no interest in being president, only in remaining relevant.

And not being seen as a one term loser.

by Anonymousreply 138November 22, 2020 7:02 PM

[Quote] Why did they do that?

Reagan.

by Anonymousreply 139November 22, 2020 7:05 PM

^ ref why the Fairness Doctrine was gutted in 1987.

by Anonymousreply 140November 22, 2020 7:06 PM

I predicted that he would stop pretending to run the country, or even give a shit, if he lost the election. His entire business career has been about exploiting a given situation, bleeding it dry, then burning it to the ground and leaving nothing behind but a pile of ashes and unpaid bills.

by Anonymousreply 141November 22, 2020 7:08 PM

Nero golfing while Rome burns

by Anonymousreply 142November 22, 2020 7:13 PM

[quote][R133], no, he won't. I assure you, he has no interest in being president, only in remaining relevant. He puts that out there to remain relevant.

Exactly. It's better for his upcoming media venture if his supporters believe that he's going to run again. It keeps them motivated and buying whatever he's selling.

by Anonymousreply 143November 22, 2020 7:13 PM

[quote]The Fairness Doctrine was basically gutted by the Supreme Court in 1987. Now anybody can basically say any bullshit they want on the airwaves and they are protected by "free speech".

We need something like the Fairness doctrine, unfortunately the FCC has no control over cable. So it wasn't really the unwinding of the doctrine that caused Fox, et al to spring up.

by Anonymousreply 144November 22, 2020 7:19 PM

indeed, one of the many terrible things that Reagan wrought

by Anonymousreply 145November 22, 2020 7:21 PM

[Quote] FCC has no control over cable

Give back the control.

by Anonymousreply 146November 22, 2020 7:24 PM

Sorry, r146, I wasn’t aware I was sitting on the remote.

My bad. Here ya go.

by Anonymousreply 147November 22, 2020 7:39 PM

And the 2015 Bump Troll aka DeFecto is doing its best to bury the news of Trump’s murderous malfeasance.

by Anonymousreply 148November 22, 2020 7:46 PM

Won’t matter really, r148. It’s too late. Trumps a loser and there’s nothing he or the bump troll can do about it now.

I’m reveling in it.

by Anonymousreply 149November 22, 2020 7:47 PM

When a job is over you no longer care that much. However, he could at least be scrambling about more beds, ventilators and unemployment benefits and stimulus money. Not Donald....

by Anonymousreply 150November 22, 2020 9:30 PM

r146, the Fairness Doctrine only applied to stations holding [bold]broadcast[/bold] licenses, so cable channels were never involved.

by Anonymousreply 151November 23, 2020 1:29 AM

Didn't FOX already go to court to say they aren't news, they're entertainment, to get away with ruining political discourse?

by Anonymousreply 152November 23, 2020 1:50 AM

^ so change it, adapt it to new circs.

by Anonymousreply 153November 23, 2020 3:04 AM

“No one could reasonably believe that Tucker Carlson was telling the truth“

by Anonymousreply 154November 24, 2020 7:49 AM

Ironically it seems like trump was never hell-bent on starting a war. Now you can bet we will be entering one when Biden comes in. Pin this.

by Anonymousreply 155November 24, 2020 9:12 AM

Tucker Carlson is finally realizing that the jig is up, and there is no amount of shenanigans that Trump can play that will allow him to emerge the victor, so he's now "acting" logical.

by Anonymousreply 156November 24, 2020 10:27 AM

Starting a war was one thing I was certain he’d do in the awful days after he was elected. I remember telling someone that a lot of people were going to die because of him. I thought it would be soldiers and not a quarter of a million plus people here at home.

by Anonymousreply 157November 24, 2020 12:59 PM

He almost did, r157.

Don’t you remember his “Rocket Man” comment?

by Anonymousreply 158November 24, 2020 1:16 PM

There’s nothing that he does that doesn’t have some sort of payoff for him. He’s said his game is quid-pro-quo. If he’s bringing home troops, it’s not altruistic on his part.

by Anonymousreply 159November 24, 2020 1:21 PM

R156, Tucker Carlson was being talked about in right wing circles about possibly running for president in 2024. He must have thought if he tried to get the viewers off Trump, they’d consider him. Instead he alienated the cultists. Too soon. Typical Republican, I’m going to push my own ambitions, damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead. But it backfired on him.

This is not like the Tea Party movement. This is a cult of personality. You must swear fealty to Trump alone. He broke the only rule.

by Anonymousreply 160November 24, 2020 1:33 PM

What the fuck is he supposed to do? A vaccine is on the way.

by Anonymousreply 161November 24, 2020 1:57 PM

He has been retweeting Randy Quaid, so you cannot say he has not been busy and being presidential.

by Anonymousreply 162November 24, 2020 1:58 PM

[quote] They should have never gotten rid of the fairness doctrine. Why did they do that?

Because there aren’t just two opinions on any given subject - they’re could be 500 different opinions. You’d have to give time to satanists, communists, free love advocates, the Ku Klux Klan, black separatists - any opinion had a right to be aired according to the Fairness Doctrine.

Eg, if someone went on the air & did an editorial against the Vietnam War, they might give their reason for being against it — “it costs too much.”

Someone else could say “I want to goon 5e air to give my opinion. We should be against the war because it’s racist & morally wrong.”

Another person could say “I need to give my opinion. I’m against the war because it’s a phony scam for weapons manufacturers to make money. In order to make more money, companies need to make more weapons, which means they have to use up the weapons we already have. The only reason we’ve been going to war since WW2 is to use up weapons in order to keep the weapons manufacturers in business. It’s the military industrial complex.”

Another person could say “No, this is wrong, MY viewpoint is that America shouldn’t get involved in other country’s business. We need to take care of our own people and not be wasting time, money & lives halfway around the world.”

So you see all of those viewpoints are anti-Vietnam war, but for different reasons. Someone could be adamantly against the war because America shouldn’t invade any other countries at all; someone else could be in favor of America invading another country for a good reason — just not Vietnam.

They’re all different viewpoints. They all had a right to be aired. That’s what people who advocated for getting rid of the Fairness Doctrine said.

by Anonymousreply 163November 24, 2020 4:52 PM

R163, not exactly. Usually the Fairness Doctrine either applied to specific politicians, like a Republican candidate or office holder had an opinion, so they would get a Democrat to rebut his point of view, or in a case of a certain political stance, they would have one for and one against.

It was presented like a debate, not so much a free for all with every opinion presented. If there were more political parties, an Independent would have a chance to make a rebuttal.

The point of it was, no one had an opportunity to spout pure biased propaganda with no fact correction or rebuttal. The Republican Party has gone more and more in the direction of unchallenged echo chamber. It’s bad for the country and needs to be stopped.

The Fairness Doctrine was adopted on the basis that public airwaves were public and networks had some obligation to the public. Today, you could say, if you have a license to broadcast you have to show opposing views.

There must be a way to tighten loopholes, maybe saying if you have more than X number of viewers it applies, or if you’re discussing public policy, you have to offer the opposing parties an opportunity to show opposing views. There’s a way to do it.

The First Amendment says the government can’t stop people from saying what they want. But there’s no Constitutional right to shut people up if they disagree. And that needs to be drilled into Republicans who don’t understand that dissent isn’t treason.

by Anonymousreply 164November 24, 2020 5:05 PM

[quote]there’s no Constitutional right to shut people up if they disagree

Nor is there any Constitutional right to force anyone to disseminate, much less listen to, every single insane opinion that's out there.

by Anonymousreply 165November 24, 2020 5:43 PM

[quote] R161: What the fuck is he supposed to do? A vaccine is on the way.

There is a lot, actually.

He could wear a mask and tell others to do so. Promote social distancing. Tell people to sacrifice now, a little, and then be alive for thanksgiving next year and for years thereafter. And so forth.

by Anonymousreply 166November 24, 2020 10:11 PM

Lol, R161. A vaccine that’s not long-term tested for efficacy. I want the Trump Vaccine to work, but I’d also love if it failed miserably because it would be the eternal symbol of Trump’s failure at everything he touches.

by Anonymousreply 167November 24, 2020 11:32 PM

Let's not forget that in spite of everything, Trump was still impeached.

by Anonymousreply 168November 24, 2020 11:41 PM

In the race for most deaths per capita, the US is once again surpassed by Spain, Italy, Belgium and the Brits with France rising rapidly.

by Anonymousreply 169November 24, 2020 11:51 PM

[quote] Usually the Fairness Doctrine either applied to specific politicians, like a Republican candidate or office holder had an opinion, so they would get a Democrat to rebut his point of view

I very rarely saw politicians give the editorial opinion & rebuttal on tv when I was growing up. They were tv personalities or regular citizens. TV personality, eg Shana Alexander and Jack Who-see-wattsis. Or they were newscasters.

by Anonymousreply 170November 24, 2020 11:57 PM

I have a feeling Trumptards will refuse to take the vaccine under Biden’s watch.

by Anonymousreply 171December 3, 2020 7:53 AM

Great!

They’ll [italic] ALL [/italic] be dead by 2024

by Anonymousreply 172December 5, 2020 11:39 AM

It's 9/11 every day. I wish someone would throw 1000 dummies off the wtc, dump another 1000 at the Pentagon and another 1000 in themiddle of PA, every single day. That's the problem, no pictures of death.

by Anonymousreply 173December 5, 2020 11:45 AM

But 4 died in Benghazi- didn’t you follow all the Congressional Hearings?

by Anonymousreply 174December 5, 2020 12:03 PM

Dracula Gowdy

by Anonymousreply 175December 5, 2020 12:05 PM

Dear New York State: Please go after this motherfucking grifter family. Pardons aside, there must be some justice. Thank you. Dear Statisticians: Please compile some current and correct numbers reflecting the financial cost to the American people caused by that crime family. This would include all general stealing, not so clever accounting, golf trips, Air Force One, etc. The waste is staggering! Thanks in advance. Readers: Please fell free to add any additional requests!

by Anonymousreply 176December 5, 2020 12:21 PM

OFF topic, but last night i was scanning the channels and came up on Hannity.. i know, i know, but i thought i'll watch it for a few minutes just to see and hear the insanity evil he is spreading... and they had all the stars on there, rudy, kayleight, laura trump, etc..... so what i got out of it was

1) poor donnie was never given a butt kissing easy easy interview like jake tapper gave joe and kamala! (you know minus those butt kissing easy interviews that hannity himself gave to trump and that entire network allowing trump to call in and spew anytime and for any length for 4 years now!)...

2) yes, there is fraud and fraud everywhere in every single swing state and hannity actually pointed out numbers, 12,000, 40, 000, 10,000 and so on of illegals voting, dead people voting, 20 thousand who voted who didn't and don't even live in Georgia and so on and so on....

where oh where does he get these numbers?

3) that that video of the georgia voting room CLEARLY SHOWS stuffing the ballot because ballots were being brought in in suitcases, rolling suitcases?... laura trump stated that herself "since when do votes show up anywhere in suitcases?"!

all that in only 10 minutes of nauseating evil TV!....

by Anonymousreply 177December 5, 2020 12:23 PM

trump should be charged with manslaughter for the way he’s handling the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 178December 5, 2020 12:43 PM

The U.S. is headed for 400,000 dead 💀 by The Inauguration Day.

That will be 100,000 dead for every 1 person who died in Benghazi.

by Anonymousreply 179December 5, 2020 1:02 PM

He's obviously eating cheeseburgers with fries, if nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 180December 5, 2020 1:14 PM

Where the US ranks globally

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181December 5, 2020 1:18 PM

About the same number of people died yesterday as they did during 9/11.

It only seems to matter if we can make political points over it

by Anonymousreply 182December 5, 2020 1:21 PM

R177, last week I turned on Fox and they were literally still obsessing over Hillary’s emails—STILL

by Anonymousreply 183December 5, 2020 1:22 PM

Is it possible to stop any of the upcoming pardons? Per rumor, the list is L-O-N-G.

by Anonymousreply 184December 5, 2020 1:37 PM

235,272 new cases in the US yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 185December 5, 2020 1:37 PM

R174 Republicans are forever trying to deflect their ineffectiveness and immorality and the Democrats. The fact that almost 3,000 people are dying due to lack of leadership and national agenda to mitigate COVID-19 doesn't matter to them, unless there was another party responsible.

by Anonymousreply 186December 5, 2020 1:42 PM

It's unbelievable that the President of the United States is completely ignoring a national pandemic emergency. Dump has just washed his hands of it. The lasting damage this is going to do to America will take generations to repair.

If someone had told me a year ago that this would happen I would never have believed it.

by Anonymousreply 187December 5, 2020 1:46 PM

[quote]But 4 died in Benghazi- didn’t you follow all the Congressional Hearings?

Even if you ignore their hypocrisy with COVID, I remember Trump ordered a military action that he was advised against that involved the death of a young girl that quickly got swept aside and forgotten. If Hilary had been president, there would have been endless hearings.

by Anonymousreply 188December 5, 2020 1:47 PM

R184 the only way to stop the pardons by trump is to remove him from office ASAP. And we know the republicans will never do that even if they know he’s unfit for office.

by Anonymousreply 189December 5, 2020 2:51 PM

Here's the part that people really need to understand: OTHER PEOPLE CANNOT BE TREATED IF COVID PATIENTS TAKE OVER EVERY BED

R188, I think you're talking about Yemen, but there was also the situation in Niger where four soldiers were killed. Benghazi wasn't even some military operation. It was being in the middle of a country going through a volatile situation.

Fact is that Republicans are good at exploiting situations they make up. The Dems just suck at "clapping back" When the whole Benghazi situation was going on, every god damned Dem should've said to scum like Chaffetz who endlessly went after Hillary: "YOU VOTED AGAINST SECURITY FUNDING WHEN WE REQUESTED IT!!!"

There are just so many situations where Dems either say nothing or are far too tepid in their rebuke.

by Anonymousreply 190December 5, 2020 5:01 PM

[quote] There are just so many situations where Dems either say nothing or are far too tepid in their rebuke.

This.

Right fucking here this!

3,000 people A DAY are dying and not only is no one doing anything to stem the fucking tide, the Dems aren’t even attempting to shame the White House or senate.

It’s a fucking disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 191December 5, 2020 6:29 PM

What's fattie doing today?

by Anonymousreply 192December 5, 2020 10:35 PM

^i wish choking to death on a corn dog was on his agenda

by Anonymousreply 193December 5, 2020 10:48 PM

[quote]What's fattie doing today?

Holding a big "Victory" rally in Georgia, where I suspect there will be many people close together, screaming, and not wearing masks.

by Anonymousreply 194December 5, 2020 11:03 PM

So actually he is not doing nothing today, he is helping it be more possible for more people to die.

by Anonymousreply 195December 5, 2020 11:07 PM

HE’S GETTING AWAY AGAIN!

Every time it looks like Trump is doomed, he gets away. He might have to pay back a $400M loan to Deutsche Bank. Everyone laughed & said, “He lies about how much money he has! He’s not going to be able to,pay back that $400M”

And he’s already raised half that amount for his slush fund in a month. We don’t even know how much SuperPac money he has from his campaign stashed away. He played broke in the last months of the election. “Waaah! I need money.” And dopes gave it to him.

If you think he’s going away, think again. After he gets out of the White House he’s going to be screaming guess & yelling for even more money. He’ll declare his candidacy for 2024 so he can raise unlimited campaign funds. He’ll hold rallies and his dumbass followers will pay for them.

He always gets away. Always.

by Anonymousreply 196December 5, 2020 11:24 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197December 5, 2020 11:28 PM

[quote] What's fattie doing today?

Oh, not much. Gonna have some ice cream and watch the TV. What about you?

by Anonymousreply 198December 5, 2020 11:42 PM

[quote]He always gets away. Always.

Yes it's true R196. But how is he allowed to keep and use funds grifted from the deplorables who have donated to the GOP for his own bank loans? Surely this must be corrupt and illegal?

by Anonymousreply 199December 5, 2020 11:47 PM

He will never make enough to pay down the debt he accrued.

by Anonymousreply 200December 5, 2020 11:55 PM

It’s legal.

WASHINGTON ― While President Donald Trump has raised many tens of millions of dollars with the promise of overturning his election loss last month, his supporters are mainly donating into a fund he could use for Big Macs, golf equipment and, if he wants, even more hush money payments.

[bold] Unlike political campaign and party committees, whose money cannot be converted to personal use by a candidate, Trump’s “Save America” is a so-called “leadership” PAC, with far less stringent rules regulating its spending. [/bold]

[bold] It’ll be a slush fund,” said Paul S. Ryan, a campaign finance lawyer with the group Common Cause. “Trump could decide to pay himself $1 million a year out of this fund. That’s legal. He could pay [his children] Don Jr. and Ivanka, if he wanted to. It’s pretty clear that this is a classic bait-and-switch scheme.” [/bold]

Neither the Trump campaign nor the Republican National Committee responded to HuffPost queries about Trump’s post-election fundraising. Save America’s first report for money raised and spent between Election Day and Nov. 23 is not due with the Federal Election Commission until later this week.

The Washington Post reported on Monday that Trump raised $150 million since Nov. 3, while The New York Times reported a $170 million total. Neither outlet broke down how much of that went to Save America versus Trump’s campaign and the RNC.

[bold] One top Republican fundraiser close to Trump laughed upon learning of the soon-to-be former president’s ability to use donor money for personal expenses. “Good for him,” he said on condition of anonymity. “I hope he does it to just to piss everybody off.” [/bold]

Despite the prohibition against personally benefiting from money donated to his campaign, Trump as a candidate in 2016 and then as the sitting president for four years managed to circumvent that restriction by directing money ― both from his campaign as well as the RNC ― to his own businesses. These included his mixed-use Trump Tower building in New York City, his golf resorts, and his hotels, particularly the one just blocks from the White House in Washington, D.C. Those entities collected nearly $8 million between the time he took office and just before the election, according to a HuffPost analysis of FEC filings.

But much of that money went to pay operating costs of those businesses, with some smaller fraction winding up in Trump’s pocket. [bold] His Save America committee, in contrast, can pick up his personal expenses directly ― everything from travel and entertainment costs to mortgage payments to legal fees. It could even pay him a salary of however much he chooses to take. [/bold]

by Anonymousreply 201December 5, 2020 11:59 PM

^^^^^

And that’s Citizen United

by Anonymousreply 202December 6, 2020 12:01 AM

That is clear cut criminal grifting activity R201 - even though it's all legal.

Dump is nothing more than an evangelical christian cult leader (without the religion) grifting as much as he can out of his cult members.

Sickening.

by Anonymousreply 203December 6, 2020 12:19 AM

What’s sickening is the millions of his supporters who donate and don’t even see the grift that could be seen from Mars.

by Anonymousreply 204December 6, 2020 12:54 AM

Lazy stupid pig. May he die really soon, or at least become very ill.

by Anonymousreply 205December 6, 2020 4:37 AM

Yes you're absolutely right R204.

But I think we have to call them [bold]cult[/bold] members and that goes some way to explaining what's taking place.

by Anonymousreply 206December 6, 2020 8:51 AM

He's a televangelist and knows suckers when he sees them.

by Anonymousreply 207December 6, 2020 11:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!