Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Crown S4: Excellent PR for Harry & Meghan but Appalling PR for the Queen and Charles?

S4 is abysmal PR for Charles and the Queen. He comes across as jealous, aggressive, petty and venal while TQ is represented as a cold hearted, callous bitch.

Millennials watching this are disgusted and it garners more sympathy for Meghan and Harry. Everyone who watches S4 can see why they upped and left .

by Anonymousreply 28November 21, 2020 5:34 PM

It took 4 seasons for people to see this? I knew this as the grandchild of a servant who used to work at Government House in one of the former colonies, where one of the royals used to frequently visit.

by Anonymousreply 1November 19, 2020 10:10 AM

OP, William is an Angry Young Man. He is often seen in photos with clenched jaws and steely eyes. Moreover, any rare public affection shown to Kate seems for PR, as more often he is shown never offering his arm to her for navigating steep concrete steps, never sharing a genuine laugh, never gazing at her face with any love or admiration. I'm not saying William is a cold person in private, but he doesn't exude warmth or friendliness in public.

Now, no-one can deny Charles's callousness towards and jealousy of Diana, but that was then, this is now. And now Charles is a man happy in his marriage. A man who has thought deeply about the environment, both natural and man-made; healthful eating and agronomy; and physical fitness. A man who has in his long life visited and participated in the cultural traditions of many nations, met many world leaders, stood as the monarch's personal representative on the world stage.

It is complete folly to suggest that callow William is better positioned to ascend the throne than experienced Charles.

And that's not even considering the absolute impossibility of that happening while the heir is alive.

by Anonymousreply 2November 19, 2020 10:32 AM

Charles does seem genuinely attached to Camilla. I think Wills was resentful that Harry married for love and is so obviously still in love from the warm, affectionate way he behaves with Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 3November 19, 2020 10:44 AM

Wills saw the grifting narc from ten miles away. Sucks to be you Harry, aimlessly looking at turkeys for a minute in Compton while Netflix films for your reality show.

by Anonymousreply 4November 19, 2020 11:05 AM

William has his own grifting narc in the form of Kate. It's clear that he bosses her around but, unlike Diana, she has no spirit and doesn't care.

Another racist at R4 with the Compton reference. Their chef will source any turkey. It's a balmy 80f in LA at the moment, so Harry will be enjoying his swimming pool and not sparing a thought for the losers back in cold, rainy London.

by Anonymousreply 5November 19, 2020 12:15 PM

Prince Harry had a private charity visit for 5 minutes to some giveaway turkeys in Compton while Netflix cameras filmed. He looked morose as usual, maybe contemplating his wife's lawsuit vs MoS that isn't exactly going well at all. It's so enjoyable to gossip about the massive Dumbarton shitshow..

by Anonymousreply 6November 19, 2020 12:31 PM

You do know this is a work of fiction set around real people, don’t you? Just checking.

by Anonymousreply 7November 19, 2020 1:02 PM

R7, most of it isn't fictional.

by Anonymousreply 8November 19, 2020 9:58 PM

The problem with marrying into a family business is that you never get away from them. If the BRF is anything like they were portrayed at Balmoral, having to work with them as well as spend holidays with them would be a horror, especially if they didn't like you. I can see why they called their book Finding Freedom.

by Anonymousreply 9November 21, 2020 2:26 AM

R7, the majority of it is based on fact.

by Anonymousreply 10November 21, 2020 2:28 AM

[quote]Charles does seem genuinely attached to Camilla.

Don't know why. When she takes her wig off, her dentures out and unleashes her girdle so all that fat goes flying in all directions, does he ever stop and think, "Damn, I really had it good."

by Anonymousreply 11November 21, 2020 2:32 AM

Not “Excellent PR for Harry and Meghan”:

In the last several days it’s come to light that:

1) Markle LIED in court papers saying she had no connection with “Finding Freedom”.

2) Frogmore Cottage was cleared out in the darkness of night so that it could be handed over to The Princess of York and her husband.

by Anonymousreply 12November 21, 2020 2:36 AM

[quote]Frogmore Cottage was cleared out in the darkness of night so that it could be handed over to The Princess of York and her husband.

Did Harry finish repaying the British taxpayer for the renovations?

by Anonymousreply 13November 21, 2020 2:42 AM

Harry's finances are murky, to say the least, but I'll guess no and the BRF will be delighted to take the loss.

by Anonymousreply 14November 21, 2020 4:04 AM

No one is paying attention to Klanny (KGT) on the Crown threads so she keeps pathetically creating markle threads. No one cares about your hag, troll.

by Anonymousreply 15November 21, 2020 4:13 AM

I think Kate and William are an excellent match. And I have no doubt that she is her own person and doesn't roll over just to please him. She is not a doormat. Coming from a family business and marrying into another Kate has an understanding of how this works. Plus she had a long run up to that altar and got massively more training that Diana ever did. William is 100 x more involved with the children tham his father was with him. There is a mutual respect in their relationship. They work as a team but also work in areas of their own interest. They don't kiss each other's ass in public. They get on with it. Fine by me!

by Anonymousreply 16November 21, 2020 4:29 AM

Charles and Cam seem to have an authentic relationship too. Can't wait for the next tiara event.

by Anonymousreply 17November 21, 2020 5:10 AM

William and Kate are indeed a team. But I can't recall them ever showing any affection to each other in public, whereas H and M do quite a lot. Dumb as a rock he may be, I know Harry would be a lot hotter in bed than Wills and Megan would surely be more exciting than Kate.

by Anonymousreply 18November 21, 2020 5:19 AM

I don't know one valid reason to compare the two couples about anything, sugar. They are on different levels.

by Anonymousreply 19November 21, 2020 5:41 AM

Remember when Charles wanted to be Camilla’s tampon? Does he wish to be her diaper now?

by Anonymousreply 20November 21, 2020 5:48 AM

Everybody screws...I am sure there's a lid for ever pot. Cherie Blair just admitted she and Tony were fucking at Balmoral as they conceived their youngest that weekend. So...if those old palace walls could talk!

by Anonymousreply 21November 21, 2020 6:18 AM

Balmoral seems like a hellish place. Margaret had the right idea - skipping off to Mustique for months on end to escape dour England and Scotland.

by Anonymousreply 22November 21, 2020 9:02 AM

Months ago, R13. Google it.

by Anonymousreply 23November 21, 2020 9:16 AM

r13 He did it in the immediate aftermath of the Netflix deal. Liz must have been threatening to send the heavies round

by Anonymousreply 24November 21, 2020 9:19 AM

R18 Meghan’s idea of affection is doing that creepy, emasculating hand on Harry’s back, sort of like your mother might have done to you when you were six and having a crying fit. That and pulling him back so she charges ahead to go FIRST. One thing I have learned in my many decades on this earth is that couples who overdo the public displays of affection usually have miserable sex lives. Meghan looks like she overacts in bed, treating it like a love scene out of a cable drama. Harry looks like he suffers from permanent whiskey dick.

And here is but one of many pictures of the allegedly cold Cambridges:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 21, 2020 9:35 AM

And one more thing regarding affection: I had a hearty laugh watching the Sussex wedding. When they are exiting the church and they’re standing at the top of the steps, there’s a pause by the couple looking at the cheering crowd. Harry stands there like an utter dope and after a few seconds, Meghan mouths to him, “Should we kiss?” SHE had to ask HIM and you could see she was dying for that photo op. It never occurred to the Ginger Pet to show any passion or affection to his bride. That summed up their relationship to me, perfunctory and calculated.

by Anonymousreply 26November 21, 2020 9:59 AM

[quote] Harry stands there like an utter dope and after a few seconds, Meghan mouths to him, “Should we kiss?” SHE had to ask HIM and you could see she was dying for that photo op. It never occurred to the Ginger Pet to show any passion or affection to his bride. That summed up their relationship to me, perfunctory and calculated.

Great point, R26.

All for the optics.

Telling.

by Anonymousreply 27November 21, 2020 10:01 AM

[quote]Plus she had a long run up to that altar and got massively more training that Diana ever did.

How does this lie keep getting perpetuated? Diana's grandmother was a Lady-In-Waiting to the Queen Mother. Diana occasionally played with Andrew and Edward. She attended the children's Christmas Party every year at Sandringham House. If Diana didn't know palace protocol and what was going on, it was because she was dumb as a rock. I can understand her being unhappy about Charles' personality and Camilla, but Diana knew enough about how royalty worked to know what she was getting into. And anybody can figure out that any staff members will protect the Queen above all else. You'd be stupid to think that anyone would take Diana's side over the monarch.

by Anonymousreply 28November 21, 2020 5:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!