Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bobby Brown's son has died

Very sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140December 27, 2020 12:30 AM

Tragic. NO parent wants to outlive their child. Bobby had two kids die before him. Just sad.

by Anonymousreply 1November 19, 2020 1:11 AM

Glub, glub, glub.

Three corpses in three tubs.

by Anonymousreply 2November 19, 2020 1:33 AM

Damn, he lost a wife, a daughter, and now a soon

by Anonymousreply 3November 19, 2020 1:35 AM

Both kids he named after himself are now dead.

by Anonymousreply 4November 19, 2020 1:36 AM

R3, too soon.

by Anonymousreply 5November 19, 2020 1:37 AM

Let's not forget that Bobby and Whitney had also adopted the Gordon fella that killed their daughter. So technically, he's lost the third child

by Anonymousreply 6November 19, 2020 2:17 AM

Nah, they didn't adopt that guy

by Anonymousreply 7November 19, 2020 2:25 AM

The lost contributions are staggering.

by Anonymousreply 8November 19, 2020 2:27 AM

I feel terrible for Bobby. That is some row to hoe, man. It will be a miracle if he lives through it.

by Anonymousreply 9November 19, 2020 2:27 AM

Is his daughter who died Millie Bobby Brown?

by Anonymousreply 10November 19, 2020 2:33 AM

Any comment from Buster? Tige?

by Anonymousreply 11November 19, 2020 2:42 AM

Just a bit of local trivia......if the address is correct, that condo complex was built on what used to be Dinah Shore's Encino ranch!

by Anonymousreply 12November 19, 2020 3:07 AM

Thanks, R12. Now we DL eldergays care.

by Anonymousreply 13November 19, 2020 3:08 AM

That’s really sad. I know he wasn’t the greatest guy always but it must really haunt Bobby Brown to lose two children that way.

by Anonymousreply 14November 19, 2020 3:13 AM

I assume it’s another drug overdose. It fascinates me that some people grow up with addict parents, and stay far away from drugs and alcohol because they don’t want to end up like them. Others are drawn to substances, even though they know that it will destroy them.

by Anonymousreply 15November 19, 2020 3:13 AM

Bobby Brown was a douchebag. But still, life is cruel to him. I heard he was sick too.

by Anonymousreply 16November 19, 2020 3:19 AM

Errrr....Whitney and Bobby were together in 1991 and they married in July 1992.

So this son was born in 92.

Bobby Brown is garbage - and he left his other kids in the dust after he got with Whitney, while still fucking around behind Whitney's back.

Bobby Brown deserves all the disrespect and scorn we can muster. He's garbage.

by Anonymousreply 17November 19, 2020 3:21 AM

I laughed at that, R13

by Anonymousreply 18November 19, 2020 3:22 AM

Five more to go!

by Anonymousreply 19November 19, 2020 3:23 AM

Well no one is a saint in the Bobby Brown + Whitney equation. I do believe they did really love each other tho. But both were pretty messed up. Don't breed fuck ups!!

by Anonymousreply 20November 19, 2020 3:23 AM

I watched a couple of episodes of "Being Bobby Brown." Surprisingly, Bobby came off not that bad. Whitney seemed just tired and it was obvious she had a lot of financial responsibility on her shoulders, IMO. Bobby was, at times, stumbling (literally) drunk. Really sad. Must admit that dance scene (trying on sunglasses in a gift shop) was comedy gold.

by Anonymousreply 21November 19, 2020 3:25 AM

Here's the Bobby / Whitney sunglasses scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 19, 2020 3:26 AM

Well, I guess it was his prerogative to father seven kids regardless of whether or not he was willing to care for them and be a good role model to them.

by Anonymousreply 23November 19, 2020 3:27 AM

wow!

by Anonymousreply 24November 19, 2020 3:59 AM

I found myself driving next to Bobby & Whitney one afternoon, on Ventura Blvd in Studio City in the late '90s. Both in shades. Bobby was driving, They were either singing along with something on the radio, or engaged in a very spirited conversation.

by Anonymousreply 25November 19, 2020 4:03 AM

Tragic

by Anonymousreply 26November 19, 2020 4:25 AM

He was arrested several times for not paying child support for Bobby Jr.

In fact, he was having kids with Kim Ward at the same time he was dating Whitney Houston, and Ward was pregnant with Bobby Jr when she found out Bobby and Whitney were engaged.

Bobby Jr was born just a few months before Bobbi Kristina Brown. Can you imagine your dad running off and neglecting you to go have kids with another woman and naming them the same thing YOU'RE named?

Then every time your dad doesn't pay child support, he goes into court crying about how hard his life is and it's not fair to make him pay for his kids? And makes sure it gets in the papers?

Bobby Jr didn't stand a chance. Neither did Bobbi Kristina. I'm sick and tired of people feeling sorry for Bobby Brown because that motherfucker ruined a lot of people's lives. Feel sorry for all the dead people around him, not for Bobby.

by Anonymousreply 27November 19, 2020 9:20 AM

Karma always eventually comes to call.

by Anonymousreply 28November 19, 2020 9:23 AM

Wow, losing two kids and Whitney. Nobody should know that pain.

by Anonymousreply 29November 19, 2020 10:07 AM

That's terrible!

On the bright side, there's one less person that has to deal with the horror of having been reared by Bobby Brown.

by Anonymousreply 30November 19, 2020 10:11 AM

It's my pejorative.

by Anonymousreply 31November 19, 2020 10:16 AM

[quote]losing two kids and Whitney. Nobody should know that pain.

Isn’t he one of the architects of that pain?

by Anonymousreply 32November 19, 2020 10:58 AM

Has Susan Dey commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 33November 19, 2020 11:30 AM

R20, did they love each other or did their addictions feed off of each other? And considering how many women BB was fucking, did he love Whitney or just want in on her money? Which he now has, thanks to Bobby Christina inheriting her mother's money and then dying and leaving it to BB.

by Anonymousreply 34November 19, 2020 12:26 PM

R20, did they love each other or did their addictions feed off of each other? And considering how many women BB was fucking, did he love Whitney or just want in on her money? Which he now has, thanks to Bobby Christina inheriting her mother's money and then dying and leaving it to BB.

by Anonymousreply 35November 19, 2020 12:26 PM

R35 - Bobby Brown's ego was unchecked and oversized. If you watched that reality show they did, he used to say (and he had Whitney say) that he was the most talented entertainer in the world. He had one hit album and couldn't follow it up.

He drained Whitney of her money and kept her addicted to drugs. He was a manipulator and kept his money ticket on a short leash.

I hate him and guys like him with a passion. Yes, Whitney had some agency - but it's like blaming the victim. She finally left after so many people finally told her how bad he was for her.

by Anonymousreply 36November 19, 2020 3:24 PM

Irregardless shoo he be dead

by Anonymousreply 37November 19, 2020 3:28 PM

So there's zero suspicion of him? Because most people don't lose three close family members the exact same way.

by Anonymousreply 38November 19, 2020 3:48 PM

Karma always wins.

by Anonymousreply 39November 19, 2020 3:53 PM

R15- It's a lot more likely when the parents introduce and do the drugs with them before they're even 13.

by Anonymousreply 40November 19, 2020 3:54 PM

DOODIE BUBBLE!

by Anonymousreply 41November 19, 2020 4:00 PM

he may be garbage r17 but the kids dont deserve to die because he's apiece shit.. Why does one have to point out the obvious

by Anonymousreply 42November 19, 2020 4:06 PM

Bobby is the one who deserves to die. Truly, a terrible person.

by Anonymousreply 43November 19, 2020 4:16 PM

R42 - everyone agrees with you. We're pointing out that this isn't some extraordinary string of bad luck though - Bobby Sr. had a lot to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 44November 19, 2020 4:44 PM

Bobby is a terrible person who never grew up. Even New Edition was better off without him and the introduction of Johnny Gill who actually could sing was an upgrade. Bobby's solo album was excellent thanks to LA Reid and Babyface and Bobby was a great dancer/performer but he had no musicianship. Whitney was older and more experienced in the industry than Bobby, so I can't blame him entirely for her downfall. She unfortunately had a ride-or-die mentality which many black women are taught to have and she should have left his ass years ago. They were also drug buddies and Whitney was religious, so that's why they likely got married.

by Anonymousreply 45November 19, 2020 5:02 PM

[quote]They were also drug buddies and Whitney was religious, so that's why they likely got married.

Plus, Whitney was a closet lesbian. Sexual confusion and religion fueled her drug use.

by Anonymousreply 46November 19, 2020 5:36 PM

Kids imitate their parents.

by Anonymousreply 47November 19, 2020 5:38 PM

Also, R46, you can blame Whitney's marriage on her fucking mother who wanted to break up her relationship with her girlfriend Robin. Or Robyn, I don't know.

Cissy Houston was a phenomenal singer, and she has a couple of songs on Herbie Mann's album Surprises that will blow anyone out of the water, Cajun Moon and Easter Rising. However, SHE fucked up her daughter's life, because she thought a mess like Bobby fucking Brown would be better for Whitney's image than the woman she loved. And of course Cissy is an old-school Christian.

by Anonymousreply 48November 19, 2020 5:53 PM

He's a black widower spider, he kills everyone he comes into contact with, I wouldn't want to be near him.

by Anonymousreply 49November 19, 2020 6:09 PM

If I were Bobby, I would force all his remaining kids into therapy (and rehab if necessary) and take a more proactive approach to their mental health.

by Anonymousreply 50November 19, 2020 6:32 PM

R50, he has probably bought life insurance policies on all of them with himself as the beneficiary, and plans to provide enough drugs to pick them off one by one.

by Anonymousreply 51November 19, 2020 6:36 PM

"All my friends are dead" - Bobby

by Anonymousreply 52November 19, 2020 6:54 PM

I never understand how Whitney managed to be such a sophisticated singer and interpreter of song on stage and in real life she was lower than trash. Yes her mother and her upbringing are to blame but with all the money she made she could have distanced herself and lived her own life. She was an adult when she chose low life loser Bobby Brown as her husband and drug buddy.

That scene @ R21 is not funny, just sad.

by Anonymousreply 53November 19, 2020 6:55 PM

Some people experience similar tragedies and they become president of the United States.

by Anonymousreply 54November 19, 2020 6:56 PM

He has to share some blame if everyone around him keeps dropping dead

by Anonymousreply 55November 19, 2020 7:01 PM

Drugs killed this one too, right?

by Anonymousreply 56November 19, 2020 7:02 PM

Whitney's mother, Cissy, was very well known in gospel music before Whitney became famous. Everyone in a black church knew who Cissy Houston was.

by Anonymousreply 57November 19, 2020 7:29 PM

No matter what your french fries will tell you, people may fall down dead.

by Anonymousreply 58November 19, 2020 8:32 PM

My french fries never lie to me

by Anonymousreply 59November 19, 2020 8:50 PM

[quote]DOODIE BUBBLE!

That's Black Love, baby!!

by Anonymousreply 60November 19, 2020 9:44 PM

Someone please explain to me why Whitney had no self worth.

I just dont get it.

by Anonymousreply 61November 19, 2020 11:01 PM

R61, she spent her whole life denying who she was, pretending to be something she wasn't. She walked away from the one person she truly loved, the person who had loved Whitney even before Whitney became famous.

by Anonymousreply 62November 19, 2020 11:06 PM

R45 mentioned the ride-or-die mentality, a phrase I’d not been familiar with, so I googled a bit. I’m linking a story about it. Gives me some insight but tbh I just cannot put myself in the shoes of someone mistreated/abused/neglected by a man who doesn’t leave. I’m not unsympathetic, but I just don’t get it. And I’m someone who spent much of my life struggling with low self-esteem. (Maybe I still am?)

On a related note... I’m thinking about R53’s comments, about Whitney having the means to live her life as she pleased, and about her being an adult when she chose to marry BB. I’ve often thought the same thing, but maybe some people, despite their age (and/or wealth), just never truly become adults? I suppose Whitney’s family and industry people had phenomenal power over her. It’s hard to understand that. I mean, many of us were royally fucked and royally fucked up by our parents, and even though we totally lacked fuck-you money we managed to finally lead our own lives. Sorry for rambling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63November 19, 2020 11:17 PM

R63 here. I wrote one crazy confusing sentence: I just cannot put myself in the shoes of someone mistreated/abused/neglected by a man who doesn’t leave. I meant, of course, I don’t understand why the abused person doesn’t leave.

by Anonymousreply 64November 19, 2020 11:19 PM

Whitney was getting a lot of flack for singing "white.". She fell out of favor and was even booed at the Soul Train award back in '88. She needed (or she felt she needed) a bad boy to give her street cred.

by Anonymousreply 65November 19, 2020 11:23 PM

Who cares? Thug Life

by Anonymousreply 66November 19, 2020 11:59 PM

Whitney Houston had no self esteem, did she? Bobby Brown Jr. wasn't even a year old when she married Bobby Brown Sr. Any sane person would run from such a situation.

by Anonymousreply 67November 20, 2020 12:25 AM

[Quote] NO parent wants to outlive their child.

NO drug addict cares about anything or anyone more than the drug.

by Anonymousreply 68November 20, 2020 12:27 AM

[Quote] it must really haunt Bobby Brown to lose two children that way.

Doesn't Bobby live most of his life in an altered state?

by Anonymousreply 69November 20, 2020 12:28 AM

[Quote] Is his daughter who died Millie Bobby Brown?

Yes. But his other son, Walter Bobbie, is minted from directing the CHICAGO revival. Swings and roundabouts.

by Anonymousreply 70November 20, 2020 12:29 AM

[Quote] kept her addicted to drugs.

Nah. Whitney couldn't quit coke even before her first record.

by Anonymousreply 71November 20, 2020 12:34 AM

[Quote] it's like blaming the victim.

You could say Bobby was a victim because of his bipolar diagnosis. But... we all have to take responsibility at some point. Whitney and Bobby were both addicts.

by Anonymousreply 72November 20, 2020 12:36 AM

[Quote] She unfortunately had a ride-or-die mentality which many black women are taught to have and she should have left his ass years ago.

She also had a huge ego. Big ego, low self esteem - a deadly compbination, very common in performers.

by Anonymousreply 73November 20, 2020 12:38 AM

It pisses me off how people have such a narrow perception of what being black is. Whitney was not trashy or ghetto. People think because she was black and born in Newark and raised in East Orange that she had to be from the hood. Her aunt was Dionne Warwick and her mother Cissy was a professional singer. Whitney went to private schools, traveled extensively and was very poised and well-mannered. She grew up privileged and was what was called the black bourgeois. The accusations of being whitewashed is so stupid too. Whitney had a deep brown complexion and often wore her hair in natural hairstyles. She was a beautiful black woman and never tried to be anything but. She even said in an interview all she wanted to do was just sing. It didn't matter the genre and she proved to competent at being a crossover act.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74November 20, 2020 12:39 AM

[Quote] However, SHE fucked up her daughter's life, because she thought a mess like Bobby fucking Brown would be better for Whitney's image than the woman she loved.

People always talk about Cissy but almost never the father, the one who sued Whitney for $$$$$$. According to Robyn, he was the one would tell people to charge their gas to Nippy Inc. at a particular gas station where he'd opened an account. He was also the one who was "looking after" the kids when Whitney swallowed a wire hanger. The story is that Whitney collided with the hanger. But with Gary Garland's revelation that he tried heroin aged 11... I think abuse was rampant in that family.

by Anonymousreply 75November 20, 2020 12:41 AM

[Quote] Whitney was not trashy or ghetto. People think because she was black and born in Newark and raised in East Orange that she had to be from the hood.

Surely you've heard of hood mentality? Anyway, it doesn't really matter. Social class isn't a foolproof protector against dysfunction. Though it's interesting to compare Robyn and her relationship with her mother to Whitney's. Robyn was empowered by hers. Less so Whitney.

by Anonymousreply 76November 20, 2020 12:43 AM

And Bobby Brown when he was young was sexy and confident and had a nice body. He, Johnny Gill and Big Daddy Kane made dark skin desirable. Throughout the 80s they mostly promoted light-skinned guys like DeBarge, Prince, Christoper Williams and Lionel Richie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77November 20, 2020 12:43 AM

[Quote] Whitney went to private schools,

Where she was bullied. Private schools gave her nothing but the impulse to cut class.

[Quote] traveled extensively

Summer tours with Dionne is not travelling extensively. Whitney had a couple of cute modelling trips but it's not like she lived with the natives anywhere and had her horizons expanded. The greastest tragedy of Whitney's success is that she brought her family along. And boy, did they give her a ride. Tina Turner has the right idea about living on a different continent to her dysfunctional relatives and only sending cheques to keep their silence.

by Anonymousreply 78November 20, 2020 12:46 AM

[quote] She fell out of favor and was even booed at the Soul Train award back in '88.

I believe that’s where she first met Bobby. He won an award that night.

by Anonymousreply 79November 20, 2020 12:48 AM

[Quote] I don’t understand why the abused person doesn’t leave.

Abusers tend to choose well.

by Anonymousreply 80November 20, 2020 12:49 AM

Honestly, I think there's shit that Whitney went through that people never knew about. I agree there was probably a lot of abuse.

To her father, Clive, Bobby, etc, she was a commodity. Men used her throughout her life and her mother wasn't much help either. Whitney achieving the kind of fame she did caused a mix of jealousy and freeloading on the part of her family members. And then there's the ultimate freeloader, Pat Houston. And she is still freeloading.

Poor Whitney.

by Anonymousreply 81November 20, 2020 12:49 AM

Whitney and Jermaine did a few duets together.

Whitney was surrounded by vultures and enablers that led to her downfall. I wonder if she would have been better of just singing in the church choir.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82November 20, 2020 12:52 AM

Landon seems to have turned out okay and he could definitely get it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83November 20, 2020 12:53 AM

[Quote] she could have distanced herself and lived her own life.

There's an entry in Robyn Crawford's book where Whitney requests an advance from Arista. This is before her first record had come out. Arista refused. Whitney called her father. He arranged for Arista to advance Whitney the money - it was a piddling amount, as I recall. Robyn recognizes that Whitney's financial fate was sealed with that call. She was now in bed with her family rather than spreading her wings financially, emotionally, spiritually etc.

There's another anecdote about Robyn noticing discolored spoons at Whitney's place. It turns out her brother had been heating up whatever drug. The housekeeper tells Robyn that Whitney asked to try whatever he was "cooking." Drugs had featured in the Houston kids' lives since childhood.

I guess dysfunction is comforting when it's all you know.

by Anonymousreply 84November 20, 2020 12:55 AM

[Quote] To her father, Clive, Bobby, etc, she was a commodity.

In her book, Robyn recounts how Clive offered his house to Whitney as a place to detox. She didn't take him up on the offer. There's no doubt that huge success can bring huge stress but... Whitney's worst was when she was no longer on that treadmill. The '00s was mostly a washout for her, careerwise. I don't think her addiction can be laid at Clive's door.

by Anonymousreply 85November 20, 2020 12:58 AM

Whitney wasn't black enough yet Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Vanessa Williams, Karyn White and Jody Watley were?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86November 20, 2020 12:59 AM

I'm so confused

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87November 20, 2020 1:00 AM

That whole era of black music was so light and "whitewashed" in the 80s. That Huxtable standard of nonthreatening black people. Probably explains the preference the industry had for light-skinned curly-haired type singers with high voices too. I feel Whitney brought back soul into black pop music just like New Edition, NWA and Public Enemy brought back the street-smart black masculinity.

by Anonymousreply 88November 20, 2020 1:05 AM

Michael, Janet, Vanessa, Pebbles and Jody never had the soul that Whitney had. Funny that Michael had soul when he was kid at Motown but as an adult, not so much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89November 20, 2020 1:09 AM

Look how cute he was back in the day. He’s on the far right and is the first to sing. They’re all working SO HARD. They were all in their teens and fresh out of the projects in Roxbury, MA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90November 20, 2020 1:10 AM

Mmmm Landon ! I LOVE a hairy black man .

by Anonymousreply 91November 20, 2020 1:10 AM

R90 It's kind of infuriating that they were much more talented but New Kids on the Block happened to be white boys (and created by NE's ex-manager to spite NE) so they got more fame and attention than NE did. Though now, everyone is giving NE props. The city of Boston still acknowledges NKOTB before NE tho.

by Anonymousreply 92November 20, 2020 1:15 AM

Whitney was surrounded by leeches who used her as an ATM machine. Her father, her two useless brothers, Bobby, Bobby family and entourage, it was nuts how many people had their hands out. I highly recommend watching the "Whitney" documentary to get the full picture. Her family members participated and it actually made them look horrible. Her brothers are scum.

Madonna had the right idea. She always kept her siblings at arm's length and made no apologies.

by Anonymousreply 93November 20, 2020 1:18 AM

Whitney's life is very similar to other entertainers who make it big like Elvis and Britney. All leeched off by their families and significant others. I don't think Whitney ever completely lost her mind like Elvis or Brit did.

by Anonymousreply 94November 20, 2020 1:21 AM

Did Bobby really have Janet though? Joe Jackson certainly would not have approved and I could see young Janet fucking Bobby to spite Joe just like she dumped Joe as her manager and hired Prince's ex-band members to produce her albums. I don't buy that Tupac and Janet had a fling, Janet was too high-maintenance for Pac's lifestyle. And Janet definitely seems to like light-skinned or exotic men though like most of her exes. Jermaine Dupri was an exception to that rule though

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95November 20, 2020 1:47 AM

[quote]And I’m someone who spent much of my life struggling with low self-esteem.

Your own mother saying 'I made you' is quite a blow to anybody's self esteem. Esp when everybody you grow up with worships you mother. And Whitney wasn't going to leave all the toxic family environment behind. The religious brainwashing contributed to this as well. Unlike Diana Ross, Whitney never had ambitions to explore what was beyond her horizon.

by Anonymousreply 96November 20, 2020 1:51 AM

It wasn't Whitney's singing style, it was the musical backings. "How Will I Know," I Wanna Dance with Somebody" was frothy pop, while the ballads were beige.

by Anonymousreply 97November 20, 2020 3:09 AM

Whitney had terrible models in terms of relationships. It's a shame she wasn't a sportsperson. If she and Robyn had met on the women's sports circuit, maybe she would have had a chance.

by Anonymousreply 98November 20, 2020 3:11 AM

I've always suspected the "Whiteney" thing is what made Whitney dismissive of the Diana Ross comparisons. By the late 1990s, she was covering "The Boss."

by Anonymousreply 99November 20, 2020 3:11 AM

Whitney's ballads were exquisite. Why Does It Hurt So Bad, Didn't We Almost Have It All etc.

by Anonymousreply 100November 20, 2020 3:11 AM

[Quote] Unlike Diana Ross, Whitney never had ambitions to explore what was beyond her horizon.

I don't think that's quite true. Diana Ross had self belief from the outset. Whitney didn't, not beyond her singing ability. When she referenced how her brothers talked about women when she was a child, it underlined to me that there was no room for her to develop self esteem. She had to be a "good girl," obedient, submissive. It says a lot that when she had her assistant buy condoms for after her date with Bobby Brown, the condoms went unused even though they slept together. She could be assertive with some - Robyn, for instance - but often not with men. They set the standard and she followed, to her downfall.

by Anonymousreply 101November 20, 2020 3:16 AM

Whitney didn't like "Didn't We Almost Have It All."

by Anonymousreply 102November 20, 2020 3:17 AM

Her performance on that song was fantastic r102.

by Anonymousreply 103November 20, 2020 3:36 AM

R101, that's true. Diana Ross had a very different family background, which helped her exploring beyond what society thought a young Black woman should do. I don't think Diana was deeply rooted in the church either.

by Anonymousreply 104November 20, 2020 3:39 AM

really? no drugs???

sure had a nasty dad. alas....

by Anonymousreply 105November 20, 2020 3:45 AM

Diana's family wasn't particularly religious, so she didn't have all of that ridiculous baggage that Whitney had. Donna Summer also had a lot of religious shit that messed with her life, but of course it was in a different way.

by Anonymousreply 106November 20, 2020 3:46 AM

I’m old enough to know that people always get what they deserve. Bobby has to live knowing he caused all of this suffering, starting with delivering angelic, innocent Whitney her first illegal drugs. From there it was a domino effect with all the other deaths.

by Anonymousreply 107November 20, 2020 2:23 PM

The entire clan is a train wreck. Is this really surprising when another person from his family dies? Isn't is expected, like Christmas each year?

by Anonymousreply 108November 20, 2020 3:38 PM

R108 - I sure hope so.

by Anonymousreply 109November 20, 2020 4:44 PM

Bobby is a piece of shit who cares for no one but coke.

by Anonymousreply 110November 21, 2020 2:11 PM

COVID got him.

by Anonymousreply 111November 21, 2020 3:58 PM

For real?

by Anonymousreply 112November 21, 2020 4:02 PM

He should treat Whitney better. Or better still, left her because he was a bad influence on her. He should stop her from doing drugs if he loved her.

by Anonymousreply 113November 22, 2020 8:24 AM

Whitney was her own devil. She said that herself.

by Anonymousreply 114November 22, 2020 8:26 AM

he said he had partied to much too

by Anonymousreply 115November 23, 2020 6:37 PM

he said he had partied to much too

by Anonymousreply 116November 23, 2020 6:37 PM

Lets face it....mr brown was a crap dad/hubby.

by Anonymousreply 117November 23, 2020 6:55 PM

Is it actually [italic]sad[/italic] so much or is it just kind of more how things are in that family?

by Anonymousreply 118November 23, 2020 7:03 PM

“Bobby Brown’s son has died”

Surprised: Not at all

Secretly joyful about it: 100%

by Anonymousreply 119November 24, 2020 12:27 AM

R33 more importantly, has Bell, Biv, or DeVoe commented?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120November 24, 2020 12:54 AM

Wait, was I related to him?

by Anonymousreply 121November 24, 2020 12:57 AM

i fear all his kids and wives will pass on, as he is one big fat woke jinx.....

by Anonymousreply 122November 24, 2020 2:48 PM

[quote]Damn, he lost a wife, a daughter, and now a son

Such appalling carelessness!

by Anonymousreply 123November 24, 2020 2:51 PM

Whitney should have came out in the 2000s that may have kept her career afloat and she would get more media sympathy. Maybe being open would lift a burden off her shoulders, she could become sober and get help. Perhaps reinvent herself as a media celebrity. Become a judge on America's Next Top Model and RuPaul or her own talk show. That's just a theory.

by Anonymousreply 124November 24, 2020 2:54 PM

Mentally ill drug addicts should not have kids. This reminds me of Lisa Marie Presley's son dying. Luckily Kurt Cobain's daughter Frances Bean seems well-adjusted. I really hope Justin Bieber does not have kids because it may end up in tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 125November 24, 2020 2:58 PM

Be interesting to see if Ralph or Johnny show up for the funeral.

They notoriously cut off contact with Bobby a few years back, over something mysterious and apparently so terrible that the public cannot know what it is. Bobby badly hurt Ralph somehow, or so I heard it.

by Anonymousreply 126November 24, 2020 3:04 PM

There should be a law passed that makes it illegal for Justin Bieber to reproduce.

by Anonymousreply 127November 24, 2020 9:21 PM

"Ralph"? Who? Lame name. LMAO!

by Anonymousreply 128November 24, 2020 10:13 PM

At least now we know R128 has no...sensitivity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129November 24, 2020 10:43 PM

He shiny.

by Anonymousreply 130November 24, 2020 10:53 PM

Bobby had a lot more genuine dependable emotional support around him when his mother passed. He hasn't had that for his kids' deaths.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131November 24, 2020 11:17 PM

Bobby has a wife, hon.

by Anonymousreply 132November 24, 2020 11:18 PM

Bobby’s still alive? Hasn’t sickle cell, diabetes, or gun violence killed him yet?

by Anonymousreply 133November 25, 2020 3:24 PM

why all them Browns look so greasy????

by Anonymousreply 134November 25, 2020 6:18 PM

R17 Didn't Whitney also cheated on him with her gf behind his back?

by Anonymousreply 135November 25, 2020 6:42 PM

[quote] Whitney was not trashy or ghetto. People think because she was black and born in Newark and raised in East Orange that she had to be from the hood.

Precisely. It’s like saying John Allen Amos, Lauryn Hill, or Janis Ian was a hoodrat.

by Anonymousreply 136November 25, 2020 7:07 PM

You're acting obtuse if you think Whitney didn't have street in her. Just because Cissy made good money didn't mean Whitney belonged to a different society.

by Anonymousreply 137November 25, 2020 7:09 PM

Whitney was "street"? OMFG! LMAO!!!

by Anonymousreply 138November 26, 2020 12:00 AM

I FINALLY found an a la carte streaming service that had "Whitney: Can I Be Me" and just finished watching it. It makes a persuasive case that Bobby is a MASSIVE douche who basically used Whitney to further his career, but also implies that Whitney used him to tweak perceptions of herself being too white and not interested enough in guys.

I'm guessing Bobby reminded Whitney of her dad, who probably treated her mother the same way.

Children of addicts tend to come along by accident--junkies aren't known to be good about using contraception. Junkies also tend to be shitty, neglectful parents. As do famous people.

by Anonymousreply 139December 26, 2020 10:34 PM

At the point they met would Bobby actually need Whitney to further his career? I mean “Don’t Be Cruel” was a massive album and he was on top of the world at that point. The “Bobby” album that came out in late 1992 was a hit but not at the level as the first one was. After that he pretty much gave up on a solo career.

by Anonymousreply 140December 27, 2020 12:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!