Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Am I addicted?

I finished my Biphentin prescription 20 days early. :( I’m trying to get a refill now by lying to my healthcare provider

by Anonymousreply 38November 21, 2020 3:18 AM

Find a dealer

by Anonymousreply 1November 18, 2020 11:55 PM

Why are you taking it OP? Legitimate reason or not?

by Anonymousreply 2November 18, 2020 11:58 PM

R2 Yes, I have ADHD

by Anonymousreply 3November 18, 2020 11:59 PM

If you finished a 30 day script in 10 days, you are not using it as prescribed and there is an issue.

Talk to us and let's see where you should go from here. You are not alone.

by Anonymousreply 4November 19, 2020 12:00 AM

R4 I’m in high stress job and needed the extra boast to concentrate.

by Anonymousreply 5November 19, 2020 12:01 AM

R3 yes. ADHD isn’t real. Selling drugs through "psychiatrists“ however is real.

by Anonymousreply 6November 19, 2020 12:04 AM

I meant yes you are addicted.

by Anonymousreply 7November 19, 2020 12:05 AM

R6 = Asshole

by Anonymousreply 8November 19, 2020 12:05 AM

I ran into this problem once. Just go to another pharmacy

by Anonymousreply 9November 19, 2020 12:06 AM

R8 why?

by Anonymousreply 10November 19, 2020 12:09 AM

Sell yourself into the sex trade

by Anonymousreply 11November 19, 2020 12:17 AM

I'm not OP but I'm like a chicken with my head cut off without some kind of (prescription) stimulant. I've been a disorganized mess my whole life.

People would tell me that if I put my keys in the same place every time I got home, I'd stop losing my keys. I WISH I could even be aware my keys were in my hands when I walk in the door. I have about twelve things on my mind at any given time and everything is everywhere because I start doing one thing and see something else and something else and something else. I am not against the idea that there's no such thing as ADHD, but then what are people like me to do to function halfway like a normal person?

I was prescribed Wellbutrin and while it worked it was a goddamned miracle. I just kept thinking "this must be what other people feel like. This must be how their brains work."

It was so nice.

by Anonymousreply 12November 19, 2020 12:29 AM

R12 Why did you stop taking it then?

by Anonymousreply 13November 19, 2020 12:31 AM

I understand your job is high stress. If your prescription isn't enough, then talk to your doctor or find other solutions. Misuse like this to get you through work will not end well.

You likely cannot "just go to another pharmacy." Controlled substances are monitored through shared databases.

If you take more than you are supposed to, your doctor can cut you off.

by Anonymousreply 14November 19, 2020 12:37 AM

I recommend you get some cocaine. It would probably be easier than getting a script refilled early.

by Anonymousreply 15November 19, 2020 12:38 AM

Just get another prescription for your dog, Mitzi.

by Anonymousreply 16November 19, 2020 12:39 AM

You can scam the MD at most a couple times before you are flagged by the pharmacy. You will then get cut off

by Anonymousreply 17November 19, 2020 12:45 AM

R13, I'm still on it-- the first six months were very productive, and a revelation that I must be seeing and reacting to my surroundings the way others see and react to their surroundings. After awhile I think I developed a tolerance to it, although I am still better off than I was without it.

I recently switched from Wellbutrin XR to Wellbutrin SR and I am getting a boost from that. It may be my imagination, but that's ok, it's still working.

by Anonymousreply 18November 19, 2020 1:08 AM

We do what we need to do. I used Xanax and Ambien to get me through years of a high stress, 60+ hour/week job that had me flying to a different city every week M-F and trying to deal with crisis situations. I am so grateful to the psychiatrist who prescribed them. Kept me going for another 5-6 years so I could reach my financial goal and retire, now after 2 years, I have no desire for any of it. I sleep when I want and have zero stress in my life. Drugs are good.

by Anonymousreply 19November 19, 2020 1:19 AM

Who still takes Ritalin for ADHD?

Adderall is far superior.

by Anonymousreply 20November 19, 2020 1:27 AM

Crack is whack! Crack is cheap!

by Anonymousreply 21November 19, 2020 2:24 AM

You're all just speed freaks on your way to losing your damned minds!

by Anonymousreply 22November 19, 2020 5:07 AM

It’s still too early to tell, OP. Habits don’t usually form until about 30 days in. Keep going at your usual pace and then check back. Good luck!

by Anonymousreply 23November 19, 2020 6:08 AM

Hi r18, I was wondering if you had any thoughts. I took Wellbutrin for a month and came out in hives (also lost hair) but it was the only drug that has ever made me function like that. I could do what normal people do. But I had to stop because of the bad reaction.

I've looked online and there seems to be no equivalent to it. Prozac etc never worked for me. Have you heard of anything? Did you have any side effects?

I wouldn't take it again - as we all know reactions only get worse - but there are times when I feel like it, just to be able to live.

by Anonymousreply 24November 19, 2020 7:34 AM

OP? Why not just ask your doctor to up the dosage?

by Anonymousreply 25November 19, 2020 1:29 PM

Well, you're certainly a liar.

by Anonymousreply 26November 19, 2020 1:32 PM

R24, I have not found or heard of any antidepressant that works in the way Wellbutrin does. It's apparently unique and does not work at all for a whole lot of people. For me it was as if it flipped a breaker inside my mind that had been switched off my whole life.

Man, I feel for you. Maybe wishful thinking on my part, but is it possible your reaction was to any of the inactive ingredients? Maybe switch brands if it's generic or change from XR to SR or vice versa and keep Benadryl handy? The side effect that I have had is an occasional headache. I didn't have any allergic reactions to it, nor any seizures. But you're right about the reaction getting worse as it builds up.

If I get to the point where it doesn't work for me anymore, I'll go to a psychiatrist, lay it all on the line, and and see what they can whip up. I hope you do the same.

by Anonymousreply 27November 20, 2020 11:33 PM

Does it help you lose weight?

by Anonymousreply 28November 20, 2020 11:55 PM

I've heard Adderall is an appetite suppresant.

by Anonymousreply 29November 21, 2020 12:04 AM

Ask for Vyvanse

by Anonymousreply 30November 21, 2020 12:05 AM

So what upper does help you lose weight?

by Anonymousreply 31November 21, 2020 12:08 AM

What do you do when the effects of amphetamine type prescriptions diminish to nothing?

I was on Vyvanse almost ten years ago, for about a year, which is how long it took to build a tolerance to the maximum dose. Then what? I'm not buying it off the street and even as a script it was expensive and a PITA. That's when I gave up on ADHD prescriptions. It's a fucking racket.

You get hooked and it works until it doesn't, then the doctors shrug and you're on your own, worse than before you started.

by Anonymousreply 32November 21, 2020 12:16 AM

You seem like you’re still coming down r32.

by Anonymousreply 33November 21, 2020 12:29 AM

R24 Wellbutrin is a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. The closest medication to Wellbutrin would be Cymbalta or Effexor, which are both norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor/serotonin reuptake inhibitors.

You had an allergic reaction to Wellbutrin and should never take it again.

by Anonymousreply 34November 21, 2020 12:36 AM

This is an interesting thread for me because I just got prescribed Wellbutrin. It's waiting at CVS for me to go pick it up as we speak. I've been on Adderall (only 5 mg x2/day) and Lamictal 50 mg/day for four years. The Adderall was like angels singing for me, until it stopped working, and it stopped working long ago. I can't focus and I feel spacy and confused all the time. I also ha.ve PTSD which is really the thing I am medicating. Not ADD. SSRIs aren't my jam. they make me sleepy and lazy. .Anyway, I am hoping Wellbutrin does it for me, but I know it's hit or miss for people.

by Anonymousreply 35November 21, 2020 12:45 AM

OP is Canadian, so relax...

by Anonymousreply 36November 21, 2020 1:19 AM

You need to go through withdrawal and get a clue.

by Anonymousreply 37November 21, 2020 1:23 AM

OP, get back to me when you've reached 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 38November 21, 2020 3:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!