Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you tip the person installing your internet/cable?

He is here now and working hard. I don’t know if I should tip him.

It’s Verizon Fios.

by Anonymousreply 76November 22, 2020 12:29 AM

No. He makes more than you do.

by Anonymousreply 1November 18, 2020 2:58 PM

20 is a nice gesture per box

by Anonymousreply 2November 18, 2020 2:59 PM

Depends on if he's hot and if he's willing to show you his cock.

by Anonymousreply 3November 18, 2020 3:00 PM

He’s a very tall, very fat bald white man named Frank from Long Island. He is also obviously a deplorable. Lol.

But he’s working hard. He traveled from Long Island to Brooklyn to install it. Was supposed to be here at 8 but got here at 10 because he was trapped in traffic.

by Anonymousreply 4November 18, 2020 3:02 PM

I tip all such workers.

by Anonymousreply 5November 18, 2020 3:05 PM

I always do. I thought it was customary.

by Anonymousreply 6November 18, 2020 3:07 PM

Only if he gives you more than the tip.

by Anonymousreply 7November 18, 2020 3:10 PM

I don't normally tip installers or utility service people. But for delivery people for things such as furniture and appliances, I will tip based on what they're delivering and where in my house they have to bring it. Anything up or down steps qualifies for a tip.

by Anonymousreply 8November 18, 2020 3:11 PM

I would tip him $20 for continuing to do his job during this pandemic, even though he's putting himself at risk every day. Show him you appreciate what he's doing.

by Anonymousreply 9November 18, 2020 3:13 PM

I always tip each guy $20.

I'm curious, is he wearing a mask? Our building requires everyone entering the building to wear a mask and have their temperature checked. As a courtesy, I put on a mask as well when they're in the apartment.

Ages ago I had an eldergay friend who always tipped well, believing that people who visited your home knew right away that you were gay and that it was his small way of putting us in a good light.

I also had another friend who somehow managed to fuck every UPS deliveryman, phone installer, and repairman who came through his door, but that's a story for another day.

by Anonymousreply 10November 18, 2020 3:25 PM

R10 I think that's a story for RIGHT NOW. What was his secret?

by Anonymousreply 11November 18, 2020 3:27 PM

I would not normally tip employees but in the pandemic I would also tip employees.

by Anonymousreply 12November 18, 2020 3:31 PM

Funny enough, but the cable guy came over to move some wires to my office. While we were in the basement discussing this I complimented him on his tattoos. He took his shirt off because he wanted to show them off.

He stopped by the next day and I sucked him off. That was his tip.

by Anonymousreply 13November 18, 2020 3:36 PM

why don't you install it yourself? it's very easy

by Anonymousreply 14November 18, 2020 3:39 PM

No. We don't tip people here in Norway. People here earn a living wage.

by Anonymousreply 15November 18, 2020 3:41 PM

R14 he doesn't install it himself because DIY means no inky installation man to blow.

by Anonymousreply 16November 18, 2020 3:45 PM

Only if he does something above and beyond the typical installation (like adds an extra connection or adds additional channels) and says something like "we won't charge you for it".

by Anonymousreply 17November 18, 2020 3:50 PM

don't you pay enough monthly?

by Anonymousreply 18November 18, 2020 3:55 PM

I had my Verizon Fios installed November 2010. It took 2 or 3 guys EIGHT hours to install everything.

by Anonymousreply 19November 18, 2020 4:05 PM

[quote]Our building requires everyone entering the building to wear a mask and have their temperature checked.

If the cable guy is hot, can you offer to take his temp rectally? Hell, I'd do that.

by Anonymousreply 20November 18, 2020 4:11 PM

I worked installation for AT&T for a rather short period of time, not a single person ever tipped me, not one.

Short period of time because going into people's homes is the absolute worst, so I moved to another job at AT&T.

by Anonymousreply 21November 18, 2020 4:23 PM

My building is mandatory masks to enter. There is a doorman too so they can’t get away with it.

He was nice. He installed my router in my closet so it won’t be out in public. It has the regular challenge and the 5G channel. He told me what to do if there are issues.

I didn’t tip because I realized I only have large bills but gave him bottles of water for the road and offered sandwiches lmao

I never ever thought of tipping a utility worker. Ever. I do tip delivery people though.

by Anonymousreply 22November 18, 2020 4:27 PM

Agreed. Old gays are so desperate to ingratiate themselves. You don't tip cable installers or your building maintenance. It's counterproductive to decent service. You thank them and give them a good review.

Do tip servers, food delivery, good drivers and movers.

by Anonymousreply 23November 18, 2020 4:33 PM

These stories about repair or delivery people having sex with customers are merely stories, it might have happened years ago but especially people from communications companies are closely watched today. You get your next job and they know how long it should take, if you are taking longer than expected a supervisor might just show up at your location or even if it isn't taking longer, when you are finished you check back in for the next assignment. Now they might come back later when off the clock, but while on the job it just isn't going to happen anymore.

by Anonymousreply 24November 18, 2020 4:33 PM

R24 I take most of those sex stories on here with a grain of salt. These old bitches love lying.

by Anonymousreply 25November 18, 2020 5:00 PM

It never even entered my mind to tip an internet/cable installer.

by Anonymousreply 26November 18, 2020 5:06 PM

R26 me either, until someone I know said “make sure you tip”.

I was like “huh?” So I came here to ask if I should or shouldn’t lol. I never thought of tipping them.

by Anonymousreply 27November 18, 2020 5:09 PM

r23, You're a real co shon . That means pig.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 18, 2020 5:09 PM

He sounds like my type. Take a pic

by Anonymousreply 29November 18, 2020 5:15 PM

Tape a $50 on your tramp stamp and present hole.

by Anonymousreply 30November 18, 2020 5:19 PM

R24 About 10 years ago, when I had carpet installed at my place, two installers showed up. One was kind of a fat, sloppy guy, and the other was this lean, muscular hottie who was freeballing in a pair of gray sweats. At one point, his co-worker had gone back to the truck to get something. While he was gone, I offered the hot one a bottle of water. He took the water, then looked around nervously for a minute, and pulled his dick out of his sweats. He swung it around for a second, said, "I can come back later," then put it away.

He did come back later that night. It was great.

So, yes, it does sometimes happen.

by Anonymousreply 31November 18, 2020 5:25 PM

R31 SOMETIMES. Yes. But the way DLers sound... give me a break.

by Anonymousreply 32November 18, 2020 5:30 PM

"10 years ago..."

by Anonymousreply 33November 18, 2020 5:34 PM

[quote] it might have happened years ago but especially people from communications companies are closely watched today

Yes, these stories are from decades ago, when they actually used to ask to use your phone to report the job as complete and to get their next assignment. No cell phones, no GPS. And we're not talking about hours of languid lovemaking. Get off and get out.

I asked the person who told me the stories what his MO was. He said he always answered the door shirtless (nice body. but not like men are today). He wore a pair of skin-tight Levis with the crotch sanded to within an inch of its life, and left the top button undone.

If it was a repairman / installer he'd offer him a cold drink once he was done with the work. If it was the UPS guy, he'd say 'Oh I'm so sorry but I hurt my back, could you bring that upstairs for me?' Then he'd say 'I can't thank you enough. Can I offer you something to drink?' He told me one guy refused the drink but asked to use the bathroom, and stood there with the door wide open with his dick hanging out until my friend came in and dropped to his knees.

This was San Francisco in the 1970s and '80s. Everybody knew what was going on. Subtlety wasn't really needed. If the guy was interested, you just need to let it be known that you were up for it, and boom, the clothes came off pretty fast.

One thing he did advise me was always make sure the work gets done first, before the sex. You don't want the guy to freak out mid-suck and run out the door with a bunch of cables hanging out of the wall.

Sadly, I have no stories of my own to share. Either the installer / repairman was horribly unattractive, or, gasp, a woman.

I believe the stories are true as this was a friend I've known for 40 years, and with whom we've shared both our successes as well as our failures.

by Anonymousreply 34November 18, 2020 5:56 PM

I think these handyman sex fantasies are cute as they (having been scripted in the 60s and 70s) are boilerplate, hoary, old and dusty, like the protagonists' hole.

by Anonymousreply 35November 18, 2020 6:57 PM

^^ my tongue is my thermometer

by Anonymousreply 36November 18, 2020 7:19 PM

I always hand them a 20 and say "have lunch on me". I was an installer years ago, sometimes the wiring stuff is a pain in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 37November 18, 2020 7:45 PM

I'm betting he doesn't make a lot of money, so anything you can do in the way of uplifting his day is going to be appreciated. Service people are almost always underpaid and unappreciated.

by Anonymousreply 38November 18, 2020 8:28 PM

FUCK, NO.

He's an IT professional not a busboy.

by Anonymousreply 39November 18, 2020 9:28 PM

[quote] I always hand them a 20 and say "have lunch on me".

How old-fashioned. Where can you get lunch for "a 20" anymore?

R37 is clearly a would-be patronizing brittle-bottom queen, but types (and tips) old, cheap and fat.

by Anonymousreply 40November 18, 2020 11:42 PM

Why are some of you so nasty? R40 why are you upset?

by Anonymousreply 41November 19, 2020 12:02 AM

Yes, I always tip the cable guy and other repairmen. I can afford it so why not be a little generous?

Can anyone weigh in on tipping or gifting your postman at Christmas time? We live in a middle/working class suburban community (so many homes wouldn't consider this) but our mailman is consistently the same guy, 5/week all year. Very pleasant demeanor and always says hello when he sees us and yes, he's nice-looking if not hot.

Would a tip be appropriate (say, $50) or is that just outrageous? Is a token gift like cookies a better idea?

by Anonymousreply 42November 19, 2020 12:13 AM

Tipping the mailman for Christmas seems normal to me if you live in an area where your mailman is usually the same person always (as opposed to NYC where it’s usually someone different).

Also tipping your doorman etc. seems like a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 43November 19, 2020 12:15 AM

[quote] Would a tip be appropriate (say, $50) or is that just outrageous? Is a token gift like cookies a better idea?

Giving homemade cookies or cake is totally out of the question these days. Or anything else homemade in a tin which you expect to be returned to you. $50 is way too much. Give him a sealed bottle of Whiskey or (if the mail carrier is not a dyke) a sealed bottle of lavender water. If she's a dyke, absinthe and a deck of cards (the latter from Squad AOC's website).

by Anonymousreply 44November 19, 2020 12:25 AM

The True Spoon of Lebanon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45November 19, 2020 12:34 AM

Re: Tipping the mailman. The government only allows a $20 gift per occasion up to $50 per year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 19, 2020 1:15 AM

They won't accept tips but most Fios Verizon guys love getting head. They probably are earning more than you. I had a really talk, handsome blonde married Fios guy hook up my internet at my new place and he gave me my card and was like "call me anytime"....I was in a relationship at the time. Regret not taking him up on the offer.

by Anonymousreply 47November 19, 2020 1:17 AM

[quote] Re: Tipping the mailman. The government only allows a $20 gift per occasion up to $50 per year.

Losers, I get much more than that.

by Anonymousreply 48November 19, 2020 1:18 AM

I've heard from more than a few that tipping PO employees is not allowed. I had the same mail guy for 20 years until he retired. I wanted to give him and his family a stay my vacation rental as a retirement gift but he told me he could not accept gifts.

by Anonymousreply 49November 19, 2020 1:20 AM

He was scared of the sex dungeon.

by Anonymousreply 50November 19, 2020 1:21 AM

I blew my guy but he was hot, young and willing.

by Anonymousreply 51November 19, 2020 1:27 AM

[quote] I wanted to give him and his family a stay my vacation rental as a retirement gift but he told me he could not accept gifts.

He was too scared of the potential quid pro quo, savvy?

You sound like a predatory queen.

by Anonymousreply 52November 19, 2020 1:36 AM

R52 No not at all. He was just a very nice guy that I got to appreciate after 20 years of service. When I had a surgery that limited my mobility for a few months he would make an effort to deliver mail up to my door, something he wasn't required to do.

I believe in sharing my good fortune with others. I've been lucky in life, why not.

by Anonymousreply 53November 19, 2020 1:48 AM

Hole or $

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54November 19, 2020 2:28 AM

[quote] How old-fashioned. Where can you get lunch for "a 20" anymore?

I was never an installer, but I did have a job that required me to visit several accounts in a day. Unless my boss was riding with me, lunch was usually a sandwich from a deli, eaten while I was driving to the next location, or a quick stop at a taco truck, so $20 would've been just fine.

I also tip each guy $20 but I say 'Here, let me buy you a drink. And the best part of it is you don't even have to drink with me', which usually gets a polite chuckle and a thank-you in return.

by Anonymousreply 55November 20, 2020 1:29 PM

[quote] He's an IT professional not a busboy.

Before I retired, I was an IT professional. One Christmas my boss gave me a card with $100 in it. I took myself to a Broadway show (TKTS), which was something I probably would not have done that night, so, yes, even a 'professional' appreciates a tip.

by Anonymousreply 56November 20, 2020 1:31 PM

I tip everyone who disservice for me...the mechanic at Chevy ,the cable guy.. They remember that and Iaways get excellent service

by Anonymousreply 57November 20, 2020 1:38 PM

Interesting typo ^^^ service^^^^

by Anonymousreply 58November 20, 2020 1:38 PM

[quote]You don't tip... building maintenance.

R23 Always tip building maintenance! That's probably why you get terrible response time when you have a problem. My maintenance guys show up within the hour when I need them.

by Anonymousreply 59November 20, 2020 1:39 PM

R4 traffic on the Belt was always horrible

by Anonymousreply 60November 20, 2020 1:39 PM

When they look like this I tip big.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 20, 2020 1:46 PM

I tip everyone in delivery and in home service. Only about 10% refuse and Switzerland isn't much of a tipping culture. I tip people sent by and paid by the estate agent. Tip them a couple times and they consider special requests - could you put a outlet here, could you hang this kind of paper, could you use this paint if I give it to you, swap out the standard sink for the one I want. That sort of thing. Tip the concierge. This is essential. Tip delivery people - they don't make much money and what's a tip to middle class person. During the Spring COVID lockdown, I knew half dozen of the delivery people and they gave attentive service - preferred hours, or just a friendly and human contact. These things are important especially for single people. I guess the bottom line is when I was struggling I did tipped jobs and services and I fucking paid attention to who tipped me.

by Anonymousreply 62November 20, 2020 1:55 PM

[quote] I guess the bottom line is when I was struggling I did tipped jobs and services and I fucking paid attention to who tipped me.

Many years ago I took a night job driving an airport van. Even though I had a college degree and a good-paying job, I needed money.

Late one night, I picked up a woman, a retired schoolteacher, and we were talking about her trip, as she was on her way back from Europe. Each time she mentioned a city she'd been to, I'd say something like 'Oh, I loved Paris', or 'Amsterdam is a beautiful city'.

After awhile she said, "Don't take this the wrong way, but you're awfully well-traveled for a SuperShuttle driver". I laughed and told her I was driving a SuperShuttle precisely because of all my travels, and that I was hopelessly over my head in debt and desperately trying to pay off my credit cards.

The fare was $10. She gave me $20, told me to keep the change, and then told me 'Never lose your passion for travel'.

30 years later, I still haven't.

by Anonymousreply 63November 20, 2020 2:07 PM

r63 well you played that the wrong way but still got rewarded. I would have kept responding - that sounds like a dream, I would love to visit Paris. When I finish my studies perhaps. Oh how wonderful, I planned to go there when I can escape this rat race, too. etc etc.

by Anonymousreply 64November 20, 2020 2:25 PM

Comcast pulled out the damn TCM channel from my lineup

I'll recite Scarlett's "Never be hungry Again" speech to the serviceman as a tip in retaliation....

by Anonymousreply 65November 20, 2020 2:32 PM

[quote] well you played that the wrong way but still got rewarded.

R64 I suppose so, but by then I'd discovered something very interesting while driving that van:

Many people treat those in the service industry like shit, simply by virtue of their being in the service industry.

This was in 1991-2, during a recession, and many of my fellow drivers had college degrees and couldn't find work, or had been laid off. Yet, many of our passengers (not all) treated us rudely, barking orders at us, telling us to hurry up, insisting we stop where it wasn't legal to do so, so they wouldn't have to walk an extra ten feet, demanding we take their bags up the stairs to their homes and not offering a tip, etc. You'd be surprised how few people say 'please' or 'thank you'.

I was driving some arrogant asshole to the airport one night and he was so fucking condescending, telling me how important it was that he make his flight, and saying things like 'Bush will win re-election because people understand Clinton and the Democrats just want to give poor people free stuff'.

I picked up my copy of the Wall Street Journal and asked him if he'd read some particular article that morning regarding the election, disputing his point. He appeared quite stunned, not only that I was literate apparently, but that I'd be reading the Journal. I also somehow managed to drop into the conversation that I had a corporate job during the day.

His whole attitude changed. I was exactly the same person I'd been five minutes earlier, when he talked down to me, but suddenly, in his eyes, I was somehow now worthy of meaningful discussion.

So while I may have garnered more tips by playing the 'poor me, I've never been out of the county I was born in' card, some part of me wanted those people to see that, under that ugly blue sweater, we were people not unlike them.

by Anonymousreply 66November 20, 2020 2:54 PM

[quote] I tip people sent by and paid by the estate agent.

Is that a Brit term for a landlord?

by Anonymousreply 67November 20, 2020 4:36 PM

R23, each condo or apartment building is different. In my building the maintenance guys (there are only two for 60 apartments and there is no doorman) deliver UPS/Fedex packages to my door, are available to fix a faucet, take window screens out, change bulbs, etc. This is in addition to emptying the trash cans outside my back door daily, cleaning the halls, shoveling walks, etc. I appreciate what they do and would feel miserly if I didn't tip them at the holidays.

by Anonymousreply 68November 21, 2020 6:26 PM

[Quote]I had my Verizon Fios installed November 2010. It took 2 or 3 guys EIGHT hours to install everything.

R19 8 hours?! 2 OR 3 guys?!

Could it have been more than just 3 guys? Were you blindfolded and face down for the whole 8 hours, and couldn't tell the difference between the different cocks?

by Anonymousreply 69November 21, 2020 6:33 PM

No. But now I feel bad that I don't. Will have to add him to my very long list of people to tip.

by Anonymousreply 70November 21, 2020 6:42 PM

Absolutely not unless he’s totally hot takes all his clothes off and then sex with you.

by Anonymousreply 71November 21, 2020 6:42 PM

Treu story- moved to a new apartment and got cable and internet for work. Guy comes. He is atractive but not like omg hot. We talk, the whole time as he is working., He compliments my gaming set up, sets up the cable modem in my loft goes out and checked the wiriing. I am sitting in my chair upstairs he comes back in and askes me to run an internet speed test I do. He is standing right behind my chair. I spin around and he says "Well looks like you are all set, is there anything else I can do?" and I have heartedly say "Well yea you could let me blow you," awkard pause and he steps forward. Uzip fish it out and blow him. Nice thick cock, came a good amount and was really appreciative. Gave me his cell number - We still hook up.

by Anonymousreply 72November 21, 2020 9:20 PM

r72 here despite my bad spelling and gramar....it all happened :D

by Anonymousreply 73November 21, 2020 9:21 PM

I used to work with this guy who said to practically every guy he met, " Do you have a big dick? Can I see it? I'll suck it if you want me to". I was amazed at all the guys who would laugh and wave him off, only to pull it out later when the time was right. BTW he was a great guy, very warm and generous. A real giver!

by Anonymousreply 74November 21, 2020 9:33 PM

Hot story, R72.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75November 22, 2020 12:19 AM

No! Don’t ruin it for the rest of us!

by Anonymousreply 76November 22, 2020 12:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!