Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Madame X is now a Witch

Or whatever...

She is busy casting spells and shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197November 22, 2020 7:15 PM

“Madame X is a survivor”

Did she cut herself to use her own blood for a spell?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 18, 2020 12:13 PM

Madonna is stupid and I hate her!

by Anonymousreply 2November 18, 2020 12:17 PM

A lot of her recent posts are out there.

“I’ve Always Been Obsessed with wedding Gowns. Not Because of Marriage. I didn’t really think that part through. I fantasized about being a bride Because a Bride is the center of attention. She gets to dress up in lace and tulle and everyone takes her picture.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 18, 2020 12:17 PM

Well, she is on the edge of seventeen.

by Anonymousreply 4November 18, 2020 12:17 PM

Is she trying to be Stevie Nicks now?

by Anonymousreply 5November 18, 2020 12:20 PM

What a freak.

by Anonymousreply 6November 18, 2020 12:20 PM

So sad she is doing all this, meanwhile Janet has aged gracefully and lives a calm, quiet life.

by Anonymousreply 7November 18, 2020 12:21 PM

What drugs is she on? For real. What the fuck is she taking? Loads and loads of acid?

by Anonymousreply 8November 18, 2020 12:28 PM

Well, she turned Rocco into a newt!

by Anonymousreply 9November 18, 2020 12:33 PM

She has morphed into an utter and complete asshole. She has NO idea what a fool she is making of herself.

by Anonymousreply 10November 18, 2020 12:35 PM

She's starting to look like Courtney Love. But Courtney has had better plastic surgery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 18, 2020 12:38 PM

That picture OP looks like it's from an episode of "Hoarders".

by Anonymousreply 12November 18, 2020 12:41 PM

I’m concerned for her mental health

by Anonymousreply 13November 18, 2020 12:56 PM

This bitch is crazy AF and I’m here for ALL of it.

by Anonymousreply 14November 18, 2020 1:13 PM

Her house is not what I expected. Not sure what I expected as I hadn't given it much thought but if that room was on 'Through The Keyhole' I would never guess it was Madge's home.

by Anonymousreply 15November 18, 2020 2:05 PM

That pink hair looks good though

by Anonymousreply 16November 18, 2020 6:09 PM

Did she stop working out? She's a bit lardy.

by Anonymousreply 17November 18, 2020 9:06 PM

She's 62 now she needs to start knitting and baking cookies.

by Anonymousreply 18November 18, 2020 9:48 PM

What the fuck?

by Anonymousreply 19November 18, 2020 11:06 PM

Let her do what she wants. She’s earned this

by Anonymousreply 20November 19, 2020 12:09 AM

"I'm not a Witch.

I'm a love technician".

by Anonymousreply 21November 19, 2020 12:12 AM

Her music in the 80s and 90s sounded way more mature than her new stuff does. Like Mariah she has regressed to this infantile state.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 19, 2020 12:18 AM

The video in the OP is giving me AbFab

by Anonymousreply 23November 19, 2020 12:20 AM

There is something wrong with her. It's sad to watch her interviews from the '80s, '90s and the first part of the '00s and see how she has turn into a complete mess.

She's on drugs. it doesn't help that her freakish plastic surgery makes her look and sound worse. She looks so uncomfortable and unhappy.

by Anonymousreply 24November 19, 2020 12:21 AM

Ray of Light was just lightning in a bottle. Right time and right moment. And I feel like she wants to recreate this era so bad and has been failing miserably.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 19, 2020 12:22 AM

This Madonna is long and gone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 19, 2020 12:24 AM

Honestly if she made an album of throwback inspired dance tracks. She could enjoy success again. Look at how Confessions was her last successful album. People just love campy 80s dance-pop Madonna and her 80s material arguably aged the best. Her debut is actually insanely well-produced. Madge is so pretentious and wants to make another Ray of Light but she needs to let that go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 19, 2020 12:30 AM

Who in the world other than Andy Cohen finds this "attractiveI"

by Anonymousreply 28November 19, 2020 12:42 AM

Her home suroundings always look pretty flat. Maybe she's not into interior design?

by Anonymousreply 29November 19, 2020 1:10 AM

Shouldn't she be spending her time getting her aging pussy fucked by her hot, energetic young boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 30November 19, 2020 1:11 AM

R11 and Courtney has actual talent and song writing ability

by Anonymousreply 31November 19, 2020 1:17 AM

Courtney is talented as a musician and Hole is a great band. But I wouldn't knock Madonna too much. I think Madge's debut album was a strong example of her talent, she wrote most of it and had a good ear for producers. It was a mix of synth, funk, dance, R&B and even some punk. It's her most simple work which is why it aged well.

by Anonymousreply 32November 19, 2020 2:34 AM

[quote]What a freak.

...show.

by Anonymousreply 33November 19, 2020 2:41 AM

Prince allegedly hated Madonna. He didn't like Michael Jackson either. After Prince's death, it has come out about his generosity, kindness and devotion to several charities and causes which betrayed his media manufactured reputation as being a narcissist. P was very honest, kind and empathetic and probably hated phonies and fakes.

by Anonymousreply 34November 19, 2020 2:46 AM

The Spell to Retain Relevance failed because this bitch is about as relevant as my last fart.

Can someone please Avada Kedavra this mutt and put it out of its misery?

by Anonymousreply 35November 19, 2020 2:47 AM

There is no limit for this frau.

by Anonymousreply 36November 19, 2020 3:03 AM

Her roots are already coming in and it looks like shit.

by Anonymousreply 37November 19, 2020 3:09 AM

Is that a maxi pad on her thigh?

by Anonymousreply 38November 19, 2020 3:09 AM

This right here, kids, is an aging narcissist gasping for attention like a fish flailing and gasping in a bucket.

by Anonymousreply 39November 19, 2020 3:16 AM

It's the monkey glands [R38].

by Anonymousreply 40November 19, 2020 3:17 AM

She's so EDGY!!!

by Anonymousreply 41November 19, 2020 3:20 AM

Exhausting. Utterly exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 42November 19, 2020 3:24 AM

Who is she paying or guilt-tripping into filming her? If it's her boyfriend, I have to assume he is OVER it and is only still dealing with her and fucking her for the perks. Actually -- that's probably been the case the entire time. I would rather slit wrists than coddle Madge's vadge and massage that enormous needful ego.

by Anonymousreply 43November 19, 2020 3:36 AM

Did she just burn the wedding dress she wore during the Like a Virgin era?

by Anonymousreply 44November 19, 2020 3:37 AM

We do not condone witchcraft but seeing as she's our biggest donor, we will be selling books of spells and bottles of potions in all our bookstores!

by Anonymousreply 45November 19, 2020 3:49 AM

The worst part about Madonna or even having to be around her is that she has absolutely no sense of humor. The fact that she has to pay for friendships and love should make anyone not want to be like her or turn into her. She's completely miserable and lost. No matter how rich she is or becomes it's never enough. Deep down she knows she's a fraud and everyone knows it (or at least those in the industry she respects) and she can't deal with that. She has a big chip on her shoulder. This is why she treats everyone around her like crap.

by Anonymousreply 46November 19, 2020 6:23 AM

BPD never disappoints.

by Anonymousreply 47November 19, 2020 6:35 AM

The marks and patch on her upper thigh are from surgery.

by Anonymousreply 48November 19, 2020 6:49 AM

Wasn't it her knee that needed surgery? Why is her thigh all fucked up, not to mention that she had surgery months ago and those look new.

by Anonymousreply 49November 19, 2020 7:43 AM

She's preparing for her next "character" and new album.

Miss Havisham's Erotica Ball

by Anonymousreply 50November 19, 2020 7:49 AM

[quote]Is that a maxi pad on her thigh?

Oh, honey. She hasn’t needed one of those for about the past 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 51November 19, 2020 7:50 AM

r51, she pretends. She probably even paints them and has staff find them in the wastebasket.

by Anonymousreply 52November 19, 2020 8:06 AM

How is blowing sage smoke up her ass? Madonna, Courtney Love, and Stevie Nicks are all turning into the same wicked spinster.

by Anonymousreply 53November 19, 2020 8:21 AM

Her post read: Meditations Incantation Salutation Affirmation

by Anonymousreply 54November 19, 2020 8:42 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55November 19, 2020 8:56 AM

She reminds me of the witch in Pumpkinhead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56November 19, 2020 9:35 AM

LOL, R56.

by Anonymousreply 57November 19, 2020 9:42 AM

I like the pink hair but it also reminds me of how long ago it was that she would lead people into trends...not t hff e reverse.... you can get pink hair color at discount stores now

by Anonymousreply 58November 19, 2020 9:47 AM

R58, the last time she did anything trend setting was the 90s. She’s been a tragic bore for 20 years now becoming a brand, selling herself and whatever legacy she had to the highest bidder.

by Anonymousreply 59November 19, 2020 10:01 AM

I like her dress however she needs 1 size larger.

by Anonymousreply 60November 19, 2020 10:24 AM

Regenerative treatment for missing cartilage. I don't mind seeing her puttering around the house doing whatever "new moon" shh that is.

by Anonymousreply 61November 19, 2020 10:32 AM

I'm surprised all the comments under that video aren't from people scolding her for "cultural appropriative use of sage" or something. They do it to everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 62November 19, 2020 10:45 AM

R62 I'm more concerned about how they acquired that bird's feather.

by Anonymousreply 63November 19, 2020 12:25 PM

R40 What are monkey glands?

by Anonymousreply 64November 19, 2020 12:28 PM

R24, as a woman, I see something entirely different than what you see.

I see a woman enjoying her quarantine time as much as possible, and exploring ways to reconnect with the world in which she lives.

I’m not a Madge stan, but I get her and I get her eccentric nature.

It’s OK to explore things that make zero sense to others. Hell, it’s ok to explore things that make zero sense to one’s self.

Enjoy the absurdity of it rather than malign her.

by Anonymousreply 65November 19, 2020 12:58 PM

I agree with R65. Why limit yourself with everyday activities. I’ve always tried to find to do something different that ive never done b4

by Anonymousreply 66November 19, 2020 1:06 PM

It’s not Madonna’s eccentricities, R65, that we are eye-rolling. I too am esoteric, artsy, and eccentric my own self. I’m sure many if not most of us on DL are quirky AF.

It’s the compulsive broadcasting of it all that’s so hard to stomach. The desperate NEED to be seen and validated. She’s terrified of being truly alone and unseen. She doesn’t know how to generate inner well-being. Like Rump, she externalities her locus of power, and is therefore at the mercy, at all times, of the Gaze of the Other to confirm that she exists. She outsources the task of generating worth for herself. And especially since that first day several years ago when she set up her Instagram account, it has become a big endless ask on the rest of us to provide her the constant daily confirmation and validation she requires.

Stevie Nicks isn’t asking us to watch her perform witchy Wiccan rituals. She doesn’t need our gaze to make her feel real, and valid. That’s the difference.

by Anonymousreply 67November 19, 2020 1:51 PM

Can she not stand up anymore?

by Anonymousreply 68November 19, 2020 1:57 PM

God that video is funny. We need more videos by mad old Park Avenue matrons!

Someone needs to hook up a camera to show us what antics gaga Barbwa Walters is up to. Peeing and shitting all over the furniture no doubt. Perhaps she could do interviews in her diapers. There wouldn't be much difference to those done at her peak.

by Anonymousreply 69November 19, 2020 2:14 PM

If only she stuck with this look and this type of music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70November 19, 2020 5:05 PM

I liked the Music era too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71November 19, 2020 5:06 PM

I loved the angularity of her face once she aged out of her baby fat. It was handsome and striking. I am extremely disappointed she went with fillers. It looks awful. I wish we could see what she'd look like right now without all the interventions.

by Anonymousreply 72November 19, 2020 5:42 PM

She must have really good drugs.

by Anonymousreply 73November 19, 2020 5:48 PM

R71 She was spray tanned to the max in that video, as well as the Ray of Light video. Didn’t even look like her.

by Anonymousreply 74November 19, 2020 5:52 PM

[quote] If only she stuck with this look and this type of music.

ABBA? Honey, we’d rather go listen to the real thing.

by Anonymousreply 75November 19, 2020 9:18 PM

[quote]If only she stuck with this look and this type of music.

Madonna is a true artist and a visionary. She could never be happy making the same kind of music over and over again. She doesn't want to be like Kylie Minogue or Celine Dion, who make basic bitch music and have no influence in the music world.

by Anonymousreply 76November 19, 2020 9:27 PM

Well, Madonna hasn't been influential since the 90s. Being visionary and artistic doesn't mean you'll make a good product. Madonna has ideas but still needs help to execute them because of how elaborate they are and of course having an editor is desperately needed. Madonna was never on the level of Prince or Kate Bush or George Michael who were brilliant artists who were self-sufficient. Kylie and Celine are intelligent, have a big audience and didn't alienate them like Madonna continues to do.

by Anonymousreply 77November 19, 2020 10:06 PM

Someone mentioned when Madonna was last trend-setting, and honestly, I've just been thinking about it and it really was that long ago - 2000s Music, where for a little while cowboy hats became an accessory. And musicians would say how much they enjoyed her blend of the electronic and the acoustic on that album and were trying to replicate it.

Confessions is a great album, but I don't remember leotards and seventies hairstyles coming back in. And certainly no one was donning a beret and camos during American Life. And after Confessions Madonna was very clearly chasing trends rather than trying to make them.

by Anonymousreply 78November 19, 2020 10:12 PM

The Confessions of the Dance Floor era was her last big era. People loved fun and unpretentious dance-pop Madonna. "Artiste" Madonna is annoying because she just comes off as desperate for validation. Being fun and carefree is a lot more defiant in my opinion than trying to be seen as high art. Her 80s output was the best because she seemed more into just making feelgood dance music with a feminist and sex-positive message. She was still very music and dance-oriented.

by Anonymousreply 79November 19, 2020 10:14 PM

Music was her last huge record in America. Confessions was bigger worldwide, but didn’t get tons of play in America outside clubs.

by Anonymousreply 80November 19, 2020 10:16 PM

R80 True. Probably because it sounded too "retro" when it debuted. The US trends skewed hip-hop and urban by that point. Britney, Nelly Furtado and Timberlake working with Neptunes. Pink working with Babyface. Fergie and Gwen Stefani.

by Anonymousreply 81November 19, 2020 10:18 PM

Then you had Nelly Furtado, younger and more beautiful making dance music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82November 19, 2020 10:20 PM

Ciara came out as the dance princess of the mid-2000s effectively taking the place of Madonna (due to old age) and Britney (after her injury)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83November 19, 2020 10:22 PM

Then Rihanna came and helped bring back pure Eurodance type of music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84November 19, 2020 10:24 PM

I don’t recall Ciara being “dance princess” level dominant in the mid 00s, but she did have a few hits. Then she married Russell Wilson (hubba hubba)

by Anonymousreply 85November 19, 2020 10:24 PM

Yes R84, Rihanna was the dominant dance artist of the 00s. This may be blasphemy but she’s way more interesting than Beyoncé

by Anonymousreply 86November 19, 2020 10:25 PM

How ironic that Madonna called out Courtney Love for being “desperate for attention” in their infamous MTV clip.

No one. Is more desperate for attention now and forever then the stinky, vocally challenged b.o. skank from Michigan named Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 87November 19, 2020 10:27 PM

Madame X is a secret agent

Traveling around the world

Changing identities

Fighting for freedom

Bringing light to dark places.

Madame X is a Witch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88November 19, 2020 10:27 PM

Two narcissistic bitches. At least Courtney has a sense of humor and seems fun to chill with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89November 19, 2020 10:29 PM

R86 It's not blasphemy unless you're in the Beyhive. Rihanna had more hits and sold more than Beyonce. Beyonce is very guarded in public and very controlling of her image while Rihanna is more personable and outspoken on social media.

by Anonymousreply 90November 19, 2020 10:33 PM

R82 - I've never heard that song before. The opening bass synth of that song really reminded me of Peaches, which I thought was interesting.

My favourite Ciara memory is her going on Popworld in the UK and saying she wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who had helped her get to where she is, and she wanted to thank god and tell people to believe in themselves and they too could be like her and all that very typical American celebrity type way of speaking, and the camera keeps cutting to the hosts Simon and Miquita side-eyeing each other, and then Miquita covering her mouth to stop herself from bursting out laughing, while Simon sarcastically pretended to be interested.

by Anonymousreply 91November 19, 2020 10:37 PM

Lady Gaga got accused of copying Madonna but idk I always just felt Gaga was also borrowing from art pop artists like Bjork, Kate Bush, etc and theatrical style performers like Grace Jones and Cher.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92November 19, 2020 10:40 PM

I wouldn't describe Kylie as basic bitch music. That's Taylor Swift, Vanessa Carlton and Natasha Bedingfield. Kylie makes gay party music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93November 19, 2020 10:48 PM

This is music for basic white girls

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94November 19, 2020 10:48 PM

[quote] Madonna is a true artist and a visionary.

Don’t make me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 95November 19, 2020 11:04 PM

[quote] I've just been thinking about it and it really was that long ago - 2000s Music, where for a little while cowboy hats became an accessory.

She ripped that off from Kylie. In fact, all of her looks in the 2000s were Kylie rip-offs.

by Anonymousreply 96November 19, 2020 11:06 PM

Madame X smirks in derision at R95.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97November 19, 2020 11:07 PM

This cunt will do anything for attention.

by Anonymousreply 98November 19, 2020 11:29 PM

I wonder if she’s developing a new persona (Champagne Rose?) related to some new music. I still like her, and liked some of Madame X. It actually got decent reviews. But it’s not what die hard fans want from her.

by Anonymousreply 99November 19, 2020 11:35 PM

I must have missed her butchering Nothing Compares 2 U a few years ago during one of the innumerable Prince tributes. Truly astonishing in its vulgarity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100November 19, 2020 11:44 PM

First of all nobody has any business covering Prince if they don't got the vocal chops or a soulful voice. Now Madonna doesn't sound too bad and she has more strength to her voice than we would expect. But she isn't a natural singer, struggles to reach notes especially at the end when she starts breaking and also she has zero soul.

Sheila E, Jennifer Hudson, Sinead O'Connor, Erykah Badu and Bilal all did amazing tributes to Prince.

by Anonymousreply 101November 20, 2020 12:20 AM

Madonna’s voice doesn’t suit the song, even though she miraculously stays mostly in tune.

by Anonymousreply 102November 20, 2020 1:03 AM

R100 She stunk up the joint with that rendition.

by Anonymousreply 103November 20, 2020 1:04 AM

Madonna gave a powerful performance. Her singing was so heartfelt and moving. You could feel her love for Prince shine through.

by Anonymousreply 104November 20, 2020 1:19 AM

[quote]You could feel her love for Prince shine through.

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 105November 20, 2020 1:20 AM

Madonna's performance was fine, she kept herself in control. I agree that she does have emotion in her voice. She was picked to sing because she was part of the same superstar era as Prince and Michael Jackson. However, she isn't vocally anywhere close to Prince and it sounds awkward hearing her try to reach those notes and failing.

by Anonymousreply 106November 20, 2020 1:24 AM

R100 I actually think she sings it quite well and I like it as a matter of fact. Can’t imagine Prince sang Vogue 🤣

by Anonymousreply 107November 20, 2020 1:25 AM

R107 I can't picture Prince singing any of Madge's songs. Madge's songs are distinctively hers just like Prince's songs are distinctively his. Britney can't even sing Madonna's songs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108November 20, 2020 1:28 AM

I think Britney sounds amazing singing Like a Prayer. I can imagine her with a full choir. It would be so powerful.

by Anonymousreply 109November 20, 2020 1:41 AM

R109 Britney doesn't sound bad there. If she used her natural voice, she could do a very distinctive rendition. As a kid she also did a bunch of soul covers on the Mickey Mouse Club. I liked her cover of Cher and Sonny's Beat Goes On too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110November 20, 2020 1:50 AM

R106 Agreed, she was his peer and. that’s why they chose her to sing it during the tribute.

It’s been over 30 years since that song came out on the The Family’s record and every time I hear it I still seeing the “oh, oh, oh oh” part like Susannah 🤷🏻‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 111November 20, 2020 1:56 AM

Darren Hayes does a great cover of Madonna's Angel. It's remixed too. I still prefer the original because of the production.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112November 20, 2020 2:04 AM

Prince may have written it but let's be real, this is Sinead O'Connor's song; nobody remembers Otis Redding singing "Respect" before Aretha. Madonna, who probably still bristles at all the attention Sinead received in 1990, may have been Prince's peer in terms of media exposure and record sales but the comparisons end there.

by Anonymousreply 113November 20, 2020 2:06 AM

Prince has never come close to Madonna when it comes to albums sales and touring and it’s a fact. Prince was a talented artist however but never had the mass appeal like MJ or Madonna

by Anonymousreply 114November 20, 2020 2:09 AM

Madonna seemed to be really pressed by Sinead O'Connor. I remember when Sinead ripped up the picture of the Pope's picture, it got so much attention that it was taking attention away from her upcoming smutty Sex book. And then she had the audacity to criticize her and mock her appearance with her own appearance on SNL.

She was probably pissed because Sinead was both controversial but hugely talented, unlike her.

by Anonymousreply 115November 20, 2020 2:10 AM

R114 Madonna and Michael Jackson were both obsessed with fame and very competitive and narcissistic. Madge because she wanted to be famous since she was young and worked her ass off to get to where she was and of course was always threatened by newcomers. Mike because he was trained since he was a toddler to be an entertainer and being famous and adored was all that he knew and couldn't have that taken away either. Both surrounded themselves with excellent songwriters and producers. Mike had the Motown background and learned a lot about making music and performing from the greats. Madonna studied dance and hanged out in NY music/arts scene for years.

Prince though was a completely different animal. He was just more interested in creating music first and foremost, was difficult to work with and constantly in legal battles with his label. He is notoriously introverted and would come and do interviews once in a while. He continued to make experimental and complex music with idiosyncratic lyrics that was not easily digestible. Also his reluctance to embrace the Internet hurt his popularity in the 21st century as did all the lawsuits he filed for copyright.

by Anonymousreply 116November 20, 2020 2:21 AM

And where is Sinead now? Broke, old ugly weird and nobody cares for her. Having talents is not enough to last in the entertaining industry. You must have the IT factor, the universal appeal and the uniqueness

by Anonymousreply 117November 20, 2020 2:31 AM

R117 Also extremely talented people are very difficult to control. They aren't going to take orders from anyone. They will take risks and do whatever they want. Which could be bad for business. Hyper-creative types aren't focused on the material world or making money, they just want to create whatever comes to their minds. Of course there are commercial artists like Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran who writes material purely to sell but many would not call them creative.

by Anonymousreply 118November 20, 2020 2:40 AM

Agree with R113. Nothing compares to Sinead's version. I watched the clip of Madonna above and she is not suited for the song.

by Anonymousreply 119November 20, 2020 2:41 AM

Madonna is getting new grillz fitted. She's SO fucking cool.

by Anonymousreply 120November 20, 2020 2:49 AM

[quote]Madonna is getting new grillz fitted.

Bitch needs one on her vadge.

by Anonymousreply 121November 20, 2020 2:55 AM

Who cares if Sinead is broke and weird? She has struggled with mental illness throughout her life. She never used her sexuality to get attention although she was quite beautiful at the peak of her popularity. There will never be another Madonna. I respect Madonna's staying power and contribution to making women more visible and powerful in pop music. Her early music is appealing and danceable. However, there is not a vocalization of hers that can hold a candle to Sinead's cover of "Nothing Compares 2 U." It's simply exquisite.

by Anonymousreply 122November 20, 2020 2:57 AM

Madonna listening to “Grillz” by Nelly while being fitted for new grillz and wearing the dominatrix hat from the “Justify My Love” single cover.🤦‍♂️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123November 20, 2020 3:23 AM

Sinead was in the middle of a well-received club venue tour in the US before COVID hit and, all things considered, she still sounds damn good.

For being such a self-described feminist, Madonna was only concerned with her own visibility and power in pop music. She repeatedly insulted Sinead and other female musicians in interviews (as she does today) and while she now likes to quote James Baldwin about artists "disturbing the peace" and endorsing BLM on instagram, Sinead spoke out against institutionalized racism and sexism long before it was popular without regard to the financial consequences.

by Anonymousreply 124November 20, 2020 3:27 AM

Yeah, if Madonna believed half the stuff she craps on about, she would never have removed her video for American Life. And mocking Sinead on SNL was a really low thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 125November 20, 2020 3:30 AM

[quote]Yeah, if Madonna believed half the stuff she craps on about, she would never have removed her video for American Life.

Yeah she really pussied out when she did that. She was scared what happened to the Dixie Chicks would happen to her.

by Anonymousreply 126November 20, 2020 4:36 AM

I remember watching Sinead on SNL. I had purchased her most recent album at the time - Am I Not Your Girl? - and in the liner notes, there was a long essay about child abuse and the church. So, when she took out that pic of the Pope and ripped it up, I knew exactly the reason.

What she did was brave. She risked her entire career.

by Anonymousreply 127November 20, 2020 4:40 AM

R127 what she did was impulsively stupid, not brave. You were confused

by Anonymousreply 128November 20, 2020 5:58 AM

Speaking out on sexual abuse is not only brave, it was what needed to be said.

Now many people finally agree with her.

Sinead was speaking out for sexual abuse victims. Hardly stupid. She had the guts to throw back the hypocrisy in the face of Catholics. Everyone was in a state about what she did but not what she was saying. People were outraged that she ripped up the Pope's picture, a symbol of the church, yada yada yada.

Where was the outrage about children being abused in the church?

Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 129November 20, 2020 6:14 AM

Exactly R129.

Lorne Michaels is scum.

by Anonymousreply 130November 20, 2020 6:20 AM

And it was jaw-dropping that when she performed at a tribute to Bob Dylan a week later, she was BOOED.

The hypocrisy was staggering.

by Anonymousreply 131November 20, 2020 6:22 AM

[quote] Prince has never come close to Madonna when it comes to albums sales and touring and it’s a fact.

Honey, Prince is seen as a visionary and a genius. Madonna is seen as a joke.

by Anonymousreply 132November 20, 2020 7:55 AM

Madonna fell for an anti-gay cult. Never forget.

by Anonymousreply 133November 20, 2020 7:56 AM

To put Prince below Madonna in ANY category whatsoever is laughable and ridiculous. To say he didn't have an impact on pop culture is a form of mental illness. Prince made the color purple HAPPEN for crying out loud. "Purple Rain" dominated the planet when that movie and album came out. It still reigns as one of the all-time greatest artistic "moments" for a pop rock artist. Prince's look from that era imprinted itself on the collective consciousness where it will reside for all time. The only thing that comes remotely close to that for madonna is the wedding dress with BOY TOY belt. But on Halloween, I bet in any given years there's five Prince costumes for every Madonna costume.

Prince was so out of this world creatively that it put both Madonna and Michael Jackson to shame. And they were both jealous as hell of him. They both felt competitive towards Prince while Prince was distracted and absorbed in his creative bubble cranking out hits and concepts over and over. He, too, was apt to change his look and style every few years, and many of those looks beyond Purple Rain era are iconic to this day, such as the Symbol. All three of the aforementioned artists had drops in sales and impact in the 21 century because the internet and an increase in bullshit music and marketing.

There will never be another Madonna, MJ or Prince. But of the three, Prince was THE most authentic artist of the trio, and he for sure had MASSIVE appeal, sales, and cultural impact. And the least amount of scandals. And of the three, Madge comes in third place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134November 20, 2020 2:34 PM

[quote]She is busy casting spells and shit.

She was a pre-ordained shit thrower.

by Anonymousreply 135November 20, 2020 2:36 PM

Madonna is a Goddess.

Beware bare mortals.

by Anonymousreply 136November 20, 2020 4:28 PM

[quote]Madonna fell for an anti-gay cult. Never forget.

And she still wears those ratty red strings on her wrist.

by Anonymousreply 137November 20, 2020 4:31 PM

Only Elvis, Michael and the Beatles are on Madonna’s level. The rest is Reductive

by Anonymousreply 138November 20, 2020 4:32 PM

[quote] Only Elvis, Michael and the Beatles are on Madonna’s level.

Elvis who stole from blacks, Michael Jackson who was a pedophile, and don’t even bring the Beatles into this.

by Anonymousreply 139November 20, 2020 4:33 PM

Elvis could sing. Michael could sing and dance. The Beatles wrote amazing songs and pushed artfulness into music. Madonna had great songs with strong female empowerment messages and worked the camera like no other.

Elvis did benefit from black music but unlike Led Zeppelin who also did he didn't contribute anything new to music.

Prince in my opinion is better than The Beatles and Elvis. So is Chuck Berry, James Brown and Pink Floyd for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 140November 20, 2020 5:42 PM

Also Michael being a pedo doesn't take away from his artistry. Elvis groomed a 13 year old girl named Priscilla and Jerry Lee Lewis married his cousin who was a child. Chuck Berry was a voyueristic pervert. James Brown, Miles Davis and Rick James were all violent.

by Anonymousreply 141November 20, 2020 5:51 PM

I honestly think Prince is more talented than Michael Jackson or Elvis. Since the Beatles didn't dance or innovate with fashion you could say Prince was more multi-talented than The Beatles, too. Especially since he could play all the instruments that it took four Beatles to play. And he was killer, KILLER lead guitarist. Prince may have been the singularly most gifted musician and performer of the modern era.

by Anonymousreply 142November 20, 2020 5:53 PM

The only sketchy things about Prince too was dating and being controlling of much younger girls like Mayte and Mani but at least he went from adult women and despite his controlling tendencies he was never abusive or forced them to do anything. He was at worst very emotionally negligent

by Anonymousreply 143November 20, 2020 5:55 PM

Her dwellings always looks like a pigsty.

by Anonymousreply 144November 20, 2020 5:57 PM

R144 and the earlier posters also notice that Madonna's interiors are shockingly pedestrian these days: Her brother Christopher was her interior designer and decorator for years. It seems like she doesn't put as much effort into her interiors as she did when he was doing them for her. She could hire anyone, ANYONE to do her interiors, and I'm very shocked that she doesn't hire Kelly Wearstler or someone of that caliber. Lenny Kravitz. But it really seems like she doesn't care anymore.

by Anonymousreply 145November 20, 2020 6:07 PM

Prince pioneered a new movement of music called Minneapolis Sound which included many of his former bandmates and peers like Morris Day and the Time, Andre Cymone, Sheila E and Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis. He also trained many artists like Janelle Monae, Jill Jones, Tevin Campbell, Tamar, Rosie Gaines and Andy Allo.

Of course he wasn't perfect and he put on a lot of chicks he was fucking like Apollonia and Carmen Electra (no talent bimbos), Vanity (better model and okay actress I adore her but singer she was not)

by Anonymousreply 146November 20, 2020 6:11 PM

Is that an aged Nina Simone singing?

by Anonymousreply 147November 20, 2020 6:11 PM

R114 Prince wrote some of the most complex pop music of the 20th century. It's no surprise that many people find his music less accessible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148November 20, 2020 6:28 PM

I love Madonna (through Confessions at least) but comparisons with the Beatles are absurd. There is a difference between a trained musician and a performer who sings, even if she writes her own words and simple music.

by Anonymousreply 149November 20, 2020 7:11 PM

R148 I agree that Prince is amazing but Batman Soundtrack is not one of his highlights. Sign o the Times is more experimental and way easy to listen to. Have you actually listened to Batdance recently?

by Anonymousreply 150November 20, 2020 7:13 PM

R150 I fucking have. I listen to Batdance yearly. R148, It's insanely good. I never want to forget it. Prince was an mad scientist and a genius.

by Anonymousreply 151November 20, 2020 11:35 PM

Madonna was such a hypocrite in regards to Sinead. Madonna pissed off the Catholic Church with Like A Prayer which she wanted to be an anti-racist message. When Sinead takes a stand against the Church covering up sex abuse scandals and goes against the Pope who is allowing these atrocities to go unfixed. Madonna has the nerve to say Sinead is being disrespectful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152November 21, 2020 12:20 AM

And to add insult to injury...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153November 21, 2020 12:23 AM

R152, agreed.

In regards to a much lesser controversy, I thought her comments about MIA after the Super Bowl were hypocritical too. She is always so defensive about the controversial things she has done and then acts like she is so above the kinds of things others do.

by Anonymousreply 154November 21, 2020 12:26 AM

The only people who still give a rat’s ass about Madonna are 50+ gay men. Sad but true.

by Anonymousreply 155November 21, 2020 12:34 AM

I agree that Prince was more talented than MJ, Elvis, and The Beatles and I collect all of their music.

The thing about MJ was he lip-synched so many performances. By the time of Bad, he was lipping most of his setlist. I'm sure that residency he was set to do - aside from being a disaster - would have had as much lip-synching as Britney's residency. Even MJ's most iconic live performance, the Motown 25 performance of Billie Jean, was completely lip-synched. The dancing was dazzling but there's something about a lip-synched performance that is unsatisfying, no matter how good the production or choreography.

by Anonymousreply 156November 21, 2020 12:36 AM

I love how yet another thread about that tired old hag has turned into a Prince love fest ! Prince never once lip synced in a performance. At one point he was arguably bigger then MJ . prince kept suing his revord labels because they kept trying to fuck him out of millions,like they were doing to every other artist of that era. En Vogue was selling millions of albums,and those ladies were damn near broke. If nothing else ,prince put a stop to that crap and paved the way for other artists to get their just due. I wont give a rats ass if madonna croaks (and I loved her in the day) but I STILL mourn Prince.

by Anonymousreply 157November 21, 2020 1:40 AM

MJ likely destroyed his voice just like Mariah did with that type of his singing he was doing.

by Anonymousreply 158November 21, 2020 1:58 AM

Madonna’s influence on the culture of the world can be seen everywhere, every day.

Prince? Hardly a blip today. Halloween costumes, I guess?

by Anonymousreply 159November 21, 2020 2:10 AM

R159 Why are you lying? Prince influenced way more musicians than Madonna. Prince influenced Madonna, Michael Jackson, Tevin Campbell, Janet Jackson, Sinead O'Connor, New Kids on the Block, Erykah Badu, Boyz II Men, Whitney Houston, Jodeci, Mary J Blige, Beyonce, Rihanna, Justin Timberlake, Usher, Savage Garden, Robin Thicke, Jill Scott, Mariah Carey, Kanye West, Pharrell, Aaliyah and many more. Madonna's influence on visuals and provocativeness not really on the music.

by Anonymousreply 160November 21, 2020 2:15 AM

The Prince Loon is unhinged.

We need the Madonna Loon to start rattling off Madge’s statistics, which completely blow Prince out of the water.

by Anonymousreply 161November 21, 2020 2:20 AM

Also Prince aside from Kanye, Beyonce, Janelle Monae and Rihanna. Prince also influenced Kendrick Lamar, Thundercat, Tyler the Creator, Solange and Frank Ocean. So Prince's influence is seen on modern music that is popular with youth today.

by Anonymousreply 162November 21, 2020 2:21 AM

Madonna’s influence = turning teen girls into fairground strippers and people with no talent trying to become singers. She did nothing but shock for attention.

by Anonymousreply 163November 21, 2020 2:24 AM

Prince could not croak out a ditty better than Madonna. He had no great singing voice.

#FACT

by Anonymousreply 164November 21, 2020 2:27 AM

Madonna's praise comes from her ability to craft a good package, attention to visual and ear for a good sound. Nobody praises her singing, her writing or even dancing. Cher and Whitney said Madonna is creative and good at presenting herself they declined to comment on her singing ability.

by Anonymousreply 165November 21, 2020 2:28 AM

R26

It’s been years since I’ve heard PDP.

I listened again, and it sounds like a country song adapted for pop. (The production on that song is incredible)

Now I’m trying to imagine an arrangement with guitar and fiddle. It would be huge hit.

by Anonymousreply 166November 21, 2020 2:28 AM

R164 #OPINION

by Anonymousreply 167November 21, 2020 2:28 AM

Everyone knows Tuesday Weld is a witch.

Oh, I thought OP meant this Madame X.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168November 21, 2020 2:34 AM

I saw Prince's last tour, three weeks before he died.

It was just Prince and a piano and a microphone.

The man could sing. Pure fucking talent through and through.

What a fucking year 2016 was - Bowie, Prince and George Michael all passed wy. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 169November 21, 2020 2:34 AM

[quote]Her brother Christopher was her interior designer and decorator for years. It seems like she doesn't put as much effort into her interiors as she did when he was doing them for her.

Same goes for her tours. Christopher did the stage designs for her Blonde Ambition and Girlie Show tours and they were her best tours visually. After that, all of her tours are just a bunch of big screens.

by Anonymousreply 170November 21, 2020 3:57 AM

What do mean she is "now a witch"? She's been a witch for a while, she's basically in a cult.

by Anonymousreply 171November 21, 2020 4:04 AM

Christopher is an alt-Right, anti-gay, obese, methhead moron.

by Anonymousreply 172November 21, 2020 7:24 AM

R150 I picked batdance because it was a number one hit, despite being a song about batman. That was the magic of Prince.

by Anonymousreply 173November 21, 2020 7:51 AM

Me too r168!!

by Anonymousreply 174November 21, 2020 8:03 AM

I've read this thread, but when you Oldies start talking about the Vietnam war, I'm out!

by Anonymousreply 175November 21, 2020 9:40 AM

Why, yes! That IS the aged Nina Simone singing!

- R147

by Anonymousreply 176November 21, 2020 10:41 AM

One of the two Prince Loons in this thread is the sick OP of this thread:

[quote]Why do so many of you fags hate children? Don't you know that your tricks and bottoms (or should I say tops) were once kids? And so were you?! What is the cognitive dissonance here? You need children to grow up into men who you can fuck and drool over. Circle of life. Plus, children are legitimately adorable, funny, honest and loving. If you have even a tiny soot-stained heart you should be able to see the sweetness in a child's face.

[quote]You just sound like massively wounded, selfish, cranky assholes.

This poster also claims to be a woman who was date-raped.

Prince sure has some sicko fans!

by Anonymousreply 177November 21, 2020 12:31 PM

Prince loons don't negate the fact that Prince was more talented than Madonna. Most Madge stans just bring up her sales and controversial moments to stay in the spotlight. That's not raw talent that's business skills.

by Anonymousreply 178November 21, 2020 1:11 PM

You were saying Madonna has no cultural impact, which is completely false.

Madonna's impact on the world is infinitely greater than Prince's.

No one is talking about "more talented," just more important in influencing and shaping the world, and that is 100% Madonna.

The Madonna Loon needs to whip out those staggering stats and blow away the Prince Loon's yammering about his "talent."

by Anonymousreply 179November 21, 2020 1:46 PM

Madonna's music was successful globally but her image and demeanor was not influential like Michael Jackson or Elvis or The Beatles were. Prince in fact is enjoying a Renaissance in popularity due to his music finally being streamable. Many current rappers and singers name Prince as an influence over Madonna. Most young people dont even know Madonna that well honestly. The world moved on and nobody is denying Madonna's popularity and sales but in the 21st century she hasn't been influential or impactful. Britney borrowed more from Janet and Beyonce from Tina. Katy is like Paula. Gaga like Grace Jones.

Rihanna is closest to Madonna actually in influence and she replaced Madge.

by Anonymousreply 180November 21, 2020 2:01 PM

No, , Rihanna has not "replaced" Madonna.

All current "BOP" music is heavily influenced by Madonna.

Madonna's impact on fashion far outstrips "making the color purple a thing" and "Halloween costumes."

Madonna decimates Prince (and Janet!) in every arena.

You know it, I know it, the WORLD knows it.

by Anonymousreply 181November 21, 2020 2:05 PM

R181

Rihanna is more popular than Madonna is and is currently the highest selling female artist. Madonna is old and women in the entertainment are "replaced". That's just reality.

Current "bop" music? Madonna is not R&B or hip hop.

by Anonymousreply 182November 21, 2020 2:41 PM

R182 So fashion is more important than musical talent and pioneering musical genres?

Prince is more superior than Madonna and MJ and The Beatles.

Rihanna isn't that talented either but you said it wasn't about talent. Rihanna is more famous now. Shes also a woman of color so people globally will identify with her more. Its brilliant marketing.

Madonna is seen as a weird rich old white lady nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 183November 21, 2020 2:49 PM

Which property is this? NYC? London? I'm somewhat shocked at how boring, pedestrian and disorganized her home is. Remember when eeeeheee died and we saw the house photos? Same thing. Expensive property but dreadful inside.

I know she is reportedly cheap. I wonder if that plays into it? When Christopher decorated her Castillo del Lago house in LA, parts were garish but also some rooms were glamorous. But she cheaped out on a lot of the work, installing cheap "taco bell" imitation tiles. She shrunk a bedroom to make a shoe closet. The next owner spent a decade and a small fortune restoring the home to its former glory.

by Anonymousreply 184November 21, 2020 4:07 PM

I have never seen any artists that are massively successful and influential WORLDWIDE like Madonna, The Beatles and Michael Jackson. Their names have become a household name in every corner of the world. No wonders their commercial success are unmatched by any other artists. Facts are facts

by Anonymousreply 185November 21, 2020 4:17 PM

R185, Madonna isn't even in the top 5 best-selling female artists anymore.

by Anonymousreply 186November 21, 2020 4:19 PM

Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston influenced more modern pop stars too. Ariana Grande, Camila Cabello, Christina Aguilera, Jojo, Kelly Clarkson, Jessica Simpson, Beyonce, the list goes on...

Hip-hop displaced rock as the biggest genre. Dance music also declined but had a mini Renaissance in the late 00s/early 10s. While R&B is having a big comeback. So the influence of 80s and 90s R&B is coming through

by Anonymousreply 187November 21, 2020 4:32 PM

While I don't doubt her poor taste, I think she's currently holed up in a rental/sublet with her adopted brood (and seemingly trainers, dancers, a chef or two, assistants) in LA.

by Anonymousreply 188November 21, 2020 8:27 PM

R188 No, she’s back in NYC. She was just at a place in NYC the other day getting fitted for new grillz.

by Anonymousreply 189November 21, 2020 9:21 PM

She may be in NYC now but she's spent most of quarantine in LA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190November 21, 2020 9:36 PM

I lived with my grandmother as a kid, who owned a house up in the Bird Streets of LA, and I would be outside playing in the street and would see Madonna and her trainer running up the hill together. She owned a house a block from us at the time. She was always out running on the streets. I remember how tiny she was.

by Anonymousreply 191November 21, 2020 10:07 PM

R190 Yes, I know.🙄 My point is that the recent videos where people are discussing the decor being bland are from one of her NYC homes.

She just posted a video where she specifically says NYC and you can see the city in the background.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192November 21, 2020 10:15 PM

R186 When stupid people don’t do a proper research and give away their uneducated ignorance 🤣

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193November 22, 2020 3:11 AM

Thank you, r193. Madonna is the #1 best-selling female artist of all time.

And I love how r186 got bitch-slapped for lying.

by Anonymousreply 194November 22, 2020 9:24 AM

Best-selling female artists in Equivalent Track Sales*:

#1(=) Rihanna – 628M

#2(=) Beyoncé – 427M

#3(=) Taylor Swift – 413M

#4(+3) Ariana Grande – 331M

#5(=) Katy Perry – 327M

#6(-2) Madonna – 322M

#7(-1) Lady Gaga – 307M

#8(=) Adele – 256M

by Anonymousreply 195November 22, 2020 4:19 PM

The Rihanna Loon still making up streaming shit!

by Anonymousreply 196November 22, 2020 5:11 PM

The Madonna Loon refusing to accept that it's no longer 1990.

by Anonymousreply 197November 22, 2020 7:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!