Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Wig Out: The Undoing (2020) Part 2

Continue the discussion of everyone's favorite craptastic HBO show.

by Anonymousreply 387January 10, 2021 6:54 PM

Hate-watch.

I don’t think New York apartments ever had old buildings with ceilings as high as the ones in the father’s apartment. Unless it’s a loft space. But yeah, suspension of disbelief and all that.

And NO, Nicole Kidman’s face is not the same as it always was. Are you fucking blind?

by Anonymousreply 1November 17, 2020 9:08 PM

A theory:

henry did it. Franklin, grace and henry are framing hugh. Henry is framing his dad. Crazytown, but would be interesting , if they can pull this off. Grace was out looking for henry and she saw the murder or at least the after math. It checks out. Nothing disproves this theory. Maybe the cancer kid saw him?

There was another theory were hugh and Franklin were trying to get the kid off. Henry did it. But, franklin and hugh are not working together. This does not check out.

Hugh and franklin working together is the red herring, but henry did do it. This is good writing.

by Anonymousreply 2November 17, 2020 10:25 PM

I'm surprised no one's commented on the widowed husband. Those eyes.

by Anonymousreply 3November 17, 2020 11:46 PM

It skittered across her skull...

by Anonymousreply 4November 18, 2020 12:26 AM

To all those people who are like "omg her face doesn't move!", she was wrinkling her forehead like crazy in episode 3 when she was in the scene with the doctor friend where they were sitting on the bench outside the hospital. Her forehead looked very normal.

by Anonymousreply 5November 18, 2020 1:09 AM

I can't start a thread about Murder on Middle Beach- long story. Can someone else? It's such a promising show.

I don't think Henry did it. Would he be strong enough? It's got to be Lily Rabe.

by Anonymousreply 6November 18, 2020 1:11 AM

No way a petite 13 y/o kid could commit a crime that physical and vicious.....and be clever enough to get away with it. You're all on the wrong track. Franklin most likely. He as much as admitted it in the last episode. She was hurting his family, so she had to die.

Why did Jonathan leave his baby with a man who said it was "hard to love her"? That whole scene with them was so odd. And why hasn't a family member of Elena's taken the baby? She isn't safe with that creepy guy who isn't even related to her.

by Anonymousreply 7November 18, 2020 2:29 AM

I said it in part one, but the worst part of this show is the two detectives. They are NOTHING like New York cops. Nothing. And they’re almost cartoon like. Popping up for 5 minutes for a scene with bad dialogue and Nicole’s scary face reacting to the breadcrumbs they’re slowly dropping for her

by Anonymousreply 8November 18, 2020 2:37 AM

Here’s a thread for murder on middle beach

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 18, 2020 2:38 AM

Thank you r9!

😍😍

by Anonymousreply 10November 18, 2020 3:05 AM

R8, they remind me of the cops from Halloween 5.

by Anonymousreply 11November 18, 2020 3:07 AM

I also think the scene with Grace fainting in her Grinch coat in the park was a massive waste of time. What was the point of that? So Hugh could play doctor with her? She could've just had a dizzy spell in front of him and her father and that would have taken care of all of it.

by Anonymousreply 12November 18, 2020 3:07 AM

Maybe it would be a little too dark, but in the last episode I kept thinking dead woman's husband would kill the baby. I'm not getting why he's such a cuckhold.

by Anonymousreply 13November 18, 2020 3:10 AM

Sometimes it's so stupid i think I'm going to give up on it, but then it gets a little better and I stay.

i think the scene where she fainted was the series's absolute nadir. They did it so melodramatically I thought she had to be dying. I donlt think even Miss Lindsey Graham gets a case of the vapors as dramatic as that one.

by Anonymousreply 14November 18, 2020 3:10 AM

Especially when it's cold. Normally people faint when it's hot and they're in the Subway. Not in a cold spacial park.

It's like the writers/directors/wardrobe/makeup had zero common sense.

by Anonymousreply 15November 18, 2020 3:16 AM

In all fairness, Grace's fugly coat looks like it traps in heat.

by Anonymousreply 16November 18, 2020 3:24 AM

hugh did it...hate to be a spoiler....

by Anonymousreply 17November 18, 2020 4:12 AM

i like her coats. What are you bitches going to do to me?

by Anonymousreply 18November 18, 2020 7:42 AM

R18: Unlike killing one's mistress, having bad taste isn't a crime.

by Anonymousreply 19November 18, 2020 10:11 AM

When does Meryl Streep show up as her mother?

by Anonymousreply 20November 18, 2020 12:02 PM

R20 It will be revealed that not only is Meryl the killer, she’s been sitting atop Kidman’s head the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 21November 18, 2020 6:15 PM

R20 It will be revealed that not only is Meryl the killer, she’s been sitting atop Kidman’s head the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 22November 18, 2020 6:15 PM

I giggled when Hugh Grant's character was on tv, apologizing to his partner for cheating. Been there before - right Hugh?

by Anonymousreply 23November 18, 2020 6:46 PM

That was hilarious--who goes on talk tv to say they didn't hammer their mistress to death???

by Anonymousreply 24November 18, 2020 8:17 PM

And would Hugh's bail conditions and court regulations allow him to go on TV and chat about the murder and claim his (supposed) innocence? I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 25November 18, 2020 8:40 PM

One of the detectives (the one who is not ESOL six month certificate Eddie Ramirez) was actually a REAL NYC police officer! That's how awful the writing is.

by Anonymousreply 26November 19, 2020 12:23 AM

Haley's accent is horrible. One line is half-British/half-American pronunciation. The next line is full British accent.

They should've marketed this as a speculative fiction series ala "Man in the High Castle" where QE2 gained control of the U.S. and everyone has British accents.

There's no excuse for how bad the line readings are in this series. Truly shameful. They need to redub all the lines like it's an old Argento picture.

Suzanne Bier obviously doesn't have the ear to realize how bad her actors sounded. Really shameful and a huge failing on her part in her inability to deliver an immersive story when her talentless actors are fuxking up their "American accents" every five seconds of dialogue.

by Anonymousreply 27November 19, 2020 1:55 AM

Hugh's fake crying will have everyone on Websleuths calling for his head. They always call out murder suspects who fake cry when they make statements to the press . No tears is a dead give away, supposedly.

by Anonymousreply 28November 19, 2020 2:45 AM

no kidding, hugh goin on tv to chat bout the murder was the heighty of ridiculosity......cant watch it anymore, kidman is beyond fug.

by Anonymousreply 29November 20, 2020 2:22 AM

I haven't read this thread or the first (don't want any spoilers)... But I just finished the third episode. I found myself wondering why I like this show so much? It's not the best. It's been done a thousand times. The story is so-so. Acting is fine. So why?

And then it hit me. It's just an old school tv show. Nothing more. No forced racial overtones. No even more forced social messages. No superheroes (puke). No young kids doing tons of drugs (though I really liked Euphoria). Just a classic who dunnit.

I loved message TV when it first came out. Loved it. But now? It's too much. It's in every single show. The Undoing is a breath of fresh air, even if it's shaded in a stale color.

by Anonymousreply 30November 20, 2020 5:40 AM

I hate this show so much im getting rid of hbo and showtime...they just have old fukin movies and series like this that are tacky. kidman is a show stopper as in STOP GO AWAY

by Anonymousreply 31November 20, 2020 5:55 AM

r30, they talk in the last episode about Hugh being a privileged white man, getting away with killing a poor Latina woman. The racial undertones are definitely there.

by Anonymousreply 32November 20, 2020 10:38 AM

Haven't watched the show, but let's hope it's a career killer for her. A TROG. She doesn't need another dollar. I don't mean to be unkind, but if she could pack up her plastic face, dimestore wigs, and box of tricks, and just RETIRE, and give a couple of the other genuinely good actresses in the long queue behind her a break, it would be a blessing for the industry. When you get to the stage when you're just repeating yourself, and not bringing anything unique to your roles, which she long ago reached, it's unfair on others.

by Anonymousreply 33November 20, 2020 11:02 AM

So why did Connie Chung never get a close-up? Was it because of HER bad plastic surgery?

by Anonymousreply 34November 20, 2020 10:23 PM

I noticed that too, r34. Very strange.

by Anonymousreply 35November 20, 2020 10:43 PM

this show is doing very well in the rating. So well, that people are asking for a sequel. A sequel will probably not happen bc stars are not interested.

by Anonymousreply 36November 21, 2020 7:33 AM

R33 She just did Destroyer which is nothing like she’s done before and she has balls and pulled it off. Ok so that idea’s out the window. She also Looking like shit in Top of the Lake. Now this grinch coat, This show is just fluff and fun IMO., BLL sucked is frau nip. She was grating there with the shit bangs wig, nude scenes, richest sweetest fuckin white woman act. I do like how this bitch is prolific though a good break would also be nice. See who she is when she comes back...

by Anonymousreply 37November 21, 2020 7:53 AM

It's a good show. everyone is watching it.

by Anonymousreply 38November 21, 2020 7:57 AM

It's a flawed show, but my ass is watching it every week. At the end of the day it's a mystery with legitimate stars.

by Anonymousreply 39November 21, 2020 8:06 AM

R32, true. But that wasn't forced. It would make sense to at least acknowledge the difference of race. But they didn't make it the whole point of the scene, let alone the series.

by Anonymousreply 40November 21, 2020 8:26 AM

The ratings have been less each week.....its going very slow.....the plot is embarassing thin.

hugh did it you know.

by Anonymousreply 41November 21, 2020 11:32 AM

I think nicole did it and framed hugh. I like it! The one cop and the dead womans husband are super hawt!

by Anonymousreply 42November 21, 2020 11:45 AM

Now she's back in Australia, Nicole needs to star in a remake of Return to Eden as Stephanie Harper. The crocodile could choke on one of her wigs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43November 21, 2020 11:53 AM

[quote]I t's a good show. everyone is watching it.

But is it a positive show?

by Anonymousreply 44November 21, 2020 12:11 PM

amateurish script....shocked nickole okayed such a p of shite

by Anonymousreply 45November 21, 2020 1:08 PM

That bearded cop is crazy hot!

And what was that about the father telling the school principal that he is an old school cocksucker...meaning some dangerous trouble maker??

by Anonymousreply 46November 21, 2020 4:08 PM

Why hire Eddie Ramirez if you're not going to give him a sex scene?

by Anonymousreply 47November 21, 2020 5:21 PM

They should have hired an actor who could actually speak English

by Anonymousreply 48November 21, 2020 5:23 PM

R46 Yes I think he meant " don't mess with me" but it came seemed awkwardly worded as a threat.. I initially thought he was propositioning the headmaster.

by Anonymousreply 49November 21, 2020 5:32 PM

we want to see ramirez fucking the hell out of that cold fish Kidman...

FUK HER LIKE A RAGDOLL

by Anonymousreply 50November 21, 2020 5:36 PM

Hopefully it's revealed Edgar Ramirez's cop character is so desperate to solve this case because it involves the murder of his lover's wife.

by Anonymousreply 51November 21, 2020 5:43 PM

Yeah the way this is going I wouldn't be surprised to find some last minute shockeroo that the detective was involved with Elena.

by Anonymousreply 52November 21, 2020 5:47 PM

I won't be able to read any comments for a week or so, I am only on the 2nd episode- typing as I watch the first 5 minutes-

I fucking LOVE This shitfest!

Nicole's doctor definitely modified the botox so she can have SOME movement in the forehead- This can be done You really are not supposed to be frozen. And that is why in closeup- one half of her forehead wrinkles and the other doesn't.

Also love the production/lighting design. I love how every room has either a window in front of Kidman or random florescent "ring type" lights around her so she looks her best- Its hilarious! Public bathroom, gym, private bathroom- they magically have these ring lights framing her face.

And I am enjoying the story. I have ZERO idea where this is going.

And is that a wig or extensions?? It looks like MASSIVE extensions on this bitch.

Very surprised that post production didn't remove the redness in Nicole's eyes.

This is a perfect blend of soap opera, HBO quality, and Nicole Kidman!

by Anonymousreply 53November 21, 2020 8:47 PM

Oh, and EDGAR RAMIREZ IS HOT AS BALLS!!!!

by Anonymousreply 54November 21, 2020 8:47 PM

Oh, and Lily Rabe- Over it. She is in everything. Done. She fits this role to a t though.

by Anonymousreply 55November 21, 2020 8:49 PM

Lily Rabe’s character has something to do with the murder. Otherwise what’s her point in the story?

by Anonymousreply 56November 21, 2020 9:03 PM

It’s always the one you least suspect!

by Anonymousreply 57November 21, 2020 9:04 PM

CUNT R56!!! I accidentally read your post!!!!!!

From my cinematography interests there WERE WAY TOO many close ups of Ms. Lily Rabe (Bargain Basement Jill Clayburgh)

I must start from the beginning and stop at the end of Episode 2.

My god. I just got through the interrogation and that Edgar Ramirez is hotter than a my mother's BALLS!!!!!!

This guy is something else. And I thought I might be dead downtown. Well he has reignited my SEX FLAMES!

by Anonymousreply 58November 21, 2020 9:17 PM

Shit! I already suspect that Lily Rabe (Bargain Basement Jill Clayburgh) was FUCKING NICOLE'S HUSBAND!!!!

I am stopping at end of this 2nd episode.

I don't care what anyone says, this IS better than Big Little Lies..

Let's see if it holds up!

by Anonymousreply 59November 21, 2020 9:41 PM

I worked with Lily Rabe and let me tell you she is one entitled bitch. So annoying it's hard for me to watch her in anything now.

And I also worked with Jill Clayburgh and she was one the loveliest people I ever encountered.

by Anonymousreply 60November 21, 2020 9:49 PM

R60- THANK YOU MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!! I can feel the cunt vibes through the screen.

Loved her mom.

by Anonymousreply 61November 21, 2020 10:08 PM

My theory: I think Elena was a secret half-sister to Grace and was obsessed with Grace. She found out about the blonde woman's affair with Grace's husband and blackmailed her to get into the mom's group. Elena was trying to call Grace a dozen times before she died - maybe she was going to confront Grace with the truth about her husband's affairs. The blonde friend found out and killed her first. Elena's husband is blackmailing Donald Sutherland's character so Grace doesn't find out the truth about Elena's parentage. But now that he has admitted to cheating on Grace's mother, it's only one more step before it all comes out.

by Anonymousreply 62November 21, 2020 10:08 PM

Jesus. I am obsessed with Nicole's eye veins!

All that taut and tight skin but those eyes show the flaws!

It works!

by Anonymousreply 63November 21, 2020 10:10 PM

r57

It's always the person I medium suspect

by Anonymousreply 64November 21, 2020 11:00 PM

they say there is a twist at the end. It is not the ending of the book, not like the book at all.

by Anonymousreply 65November 22, 2020 12:17 AM

I think donald sutherland did it. Why would you blow your budget on him in the first place? He isn't doing anything yet either.

by Anonymousreply 66November 22, 2020 12:19 AM

r66

I thought that made it a little too obvious last ep with all his talk with don't mess with my family stuff

by Anonymousreply 67November 22, 2020 12:36 AM

The baby did it. She’s a 30-year-old Russian sociopath with who began an affair with Fernando after meeting him while he was visiting Miguel and she was being treated by Jonathan for a pituitary tumor which stunted her growth. Everyone compliments her on her eyelashes not knowing that she owns three eyelash-extension salons in Brighton Beach. Sylvia is her money launderer.

Hoping to get closer to Fernando, she conspired with Franklin to have Elena drugged and hypnotized to believe she had given birth. Noah is actually her son from the last family she swindled and he was given to Franklin as payment for his services. A bit more drugging and hypnotizing and Grace thought he was hers. Jonathan knows the truth, which is why he’s being set up.

Why? Because Franklin is a cocksucker and he just enjoys this shit.

by Anonymousreply 68November 22, 2020 2:29 AM

I like this show

by Anonymousreply 69November 22, 2020 2:48 AM

[quote]they talk in the last episode about Hugh being a privileged white man, getting away with killing a poor Latina woman.

How poor can she be? She was an artist with her own studio. A sculptor, no less. That's not a likely career choice for a "poor" woman. If she were really poor, she would be cleaning the houses of those snobby, rich moms group women. Sutherland is always mooning over paintings in a gallery. There is an art connection between him and Elena.

by Anonymousreply 70November 22, 2020 3:04 AM

My one complaint is that the son of Hugh and Nicole looks nothing like either of them. Something is off there. I think Donald killed the young Latina mom; possibly she was an illegitimate child?

by Anonymousreply 71November 22, 2020 2:07 PM

r71

I was half paying attention, but isn't Donald's character gay? I thought when he was talking about all his affairs, they were affairs with men

by Anonymousreply 72November 22, 2020 2:27 PM

R72 I missed that nugget.

by Anonymousreply 73November 22, 2020 3:06 PM

Can this please wrap itself up tonight? This story would have been better told and far more suspenseful in a two hour movie.

by Anonymousreply 74November 22, 2020 3:13 PM

Only 2 more episodes then Kidman can get on her broom and fly back to queen Keith...

by Anonymousreply 75November 22, 2020 3:23 PM

Fuck Kidman. Connie Chung, bitches!!

by Anonymousreply 76November 22, 2020 8:22 PM

The penultimate episode is on soon! I’m so excited!

by Anonymousreply 77November 23, 2020 12:42 AM

and here it comes

by Anonymousreply 78November 23, 2020 12:51 AM

The is the episode with the twist at the end. Let the bitching commence!

by Anonymousreply 79November 23, 2020 12:57 AM

it is a weird intro.

by Anonymousreply 80November 23, 2020 1:02 AM

When do we find out that Psycho Henry did the murder?

by Anonymousreply 81November 23, 2020 1:03 AM

The little redhead girl in the opening credits is unfortunate-looking.

by Anonymousreply 82November 23, 2020 1:03 AM

Yikes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83November 23, 2020 2:00 AM

TOLD YOU. IT WAS HENRY.

by Anonymousreply 84November 23, 2020 2:01 AM

It was the psycho preteen with hammer hidden in the violin case.

by Anonymousreply 85November 23, 2020 2:03 AM

I’m still not convinced that it was actually Henry. Lily Rabe’s character is too sketchy to just be an annoying frau friend. Tonight’s episode had a second strange interaction between her and the prosecutor.

by Anonymousreply 86November 23, 2020 2:10 AM

what do you think now? They just told us it was the kid. I am thinking the slow burn to grace. grant's mother just shows up out of the blue, sure? They are paying her off. Why was Grace at the murder scene? This is good.

by Anonymousreply 87November 23, 2020 2:10 AM

The murderer Miguel put the murder weapon in Henry’s violin case.

Tonight was the third “Oh, Henry! You scared me!” in this miniseries. A red herring?

Did Edgar Ramirez get a cleft palate operated on as a child? It looks like he had one.

by Anonymousreply 88November 23, 2020 2:14 AM

the best conclusion...(include the plot and the style) is: Grace did it. It's a great achievement to Film Noir, and to the Slow Burn.

Bravo to Susanne Bier.

by Anonymousreply 89November 23, 2020 2:32 AM

*Grace walks through the metal detector*

"Ma'am, your face....."

by Anonymousreply 90November 23, 2020 3:23 AM

Has David E. Kelley EVER written anything that didn't ultimately turn into a courtroom drama? Christ.

by Anonymousreply 91November 23, 2020 3:34 AM

The Show is telegraphing that Jonathan did it. Henry is so desperate to get his family back together that he's hiding the murder weapon. He idolizes his father and would do anything for him -- they've said that a couple of different times.

Whether or not he's found guilty is another matter. WTF was that detective thinking when he lied on the stand? Now his entire testimony is unreliable. I'd move for a mistrial, the prosecution clearly doesn't have anything.

by Anonymousreply 92November 23, 2020 3:35 AM

I don't even know how this made it to trial. They have no murder weapon, no evidence, no confession, no real motive...

Sigh. I know it's a show. I know it's fiction.

by Anonymousreply 93November 23, 2020 3:37 AM

grace is the murderer. Everyone else has been accused, except her. She was at the crime scene. Every step of the way there is a red herring. This is good.

by Anonymousreply 94November 23, 2020 3:39 AM

grace is the murderer. Everyone else has been accused, except her. She was at the crime scene. Every step of the way there is a red herring. This is good.

by Anonymousreply 95November 23, 2020 3:39 AM

My money's on Lily Rabe.

by Anonymousreply 96November 23, 2020 3:41 AM

what's up with the intro? It's all about grace. The only logically conclusion is: Grace did it.

by Anonymousreply 97November 23, 2020 3:42 AM

An entire episode of witnesses pontificating at length , never giving a single yes/no answer, and telling the defense attorney she’s vile. And there was only one objection?

by Anonymousreply 98November 23, 2020 3:43 AM

[quote] She was at the crime scene.

The dead chick was going to paint a portrait of Nicole but needed her face remain frozen. Since it had been a few weeks, she dashed out to her dermy for a late night injection. Nothing to see here.

by Anonymousreply 99November 23, 2020 3:45 AM

Why was a rich white woman wearing thousands and thousands of dollars worth of clothes and jewelry wandering thru Spanish Harlem in the middle of the night? A woman like Nicole’s character wouldn’t step one foot above 96th street.

by Anonymousreply 100November 23, 2020 3:53 AM

WHY are either of the children in the courtroom? No parent is going to let their child hear about his mother's face being beaten to an unrecognizable pulp, nor hear about your father's torrid affair with the dead woman.

by Anonymousreply 101November 23, 2020 4:18 AM

Glacial pacing. Unbearable TV.

by Anonymousreply 102November 23, 2020 4:33 AM

I love that whenever anything happens that will embarrass her in the courtroom, the camera instantly cuts to her face for a reaction.

"It's awful that that Hispanic mother of two children was brutally murdered, but the real crimes here are the social humiliations that must be endured by the whitest woman who ever lived on the UES!"

by Anonymousreply 103November 23, 2020 5:09 AM

She is white af

by Anonymousreply 104November 23, 2020 5:19 AM

I guess she doesn’t bother to hide Aussie accent anymore since there’s so little left of it. I’m like ‘whatever’.

by Anonymousreply 105November 23, 2020 5:21 AM

It's become comical how unrealistic this show is. Why the fuck would both children be allowed in the courtroom?

The mother in law is a real grammar Nazi. I can picture her as one of the oh dear bitches who post here.

by Anonymousreply 106November 23, 2020 6:57 AM

In this day and age the media would have already uncovered info about Katie the kitten. There's no way that daily mail wouldn't have already reported it in depth

by Anonymousreply 107November 23, 2020 6:59 AM

So is Grace going to start sleeping with the doors locked with that kid in the house?

by Anonymousreply 108November 23, 2020 7:01 AM

Grace willingly sleeps with her cheating husband? WTF? The husband isn't even that hot.

by Anonymousreply 109November 23, 2020 7:53 AM

This would work so much better with a younger pair of actors.

For a minute there, I thought the husband was going to masturbate to Elena's picture.

by Anonymousreply 110November 23, 2020 8:12 AM

This is brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 111November 23, 2020 9:19 AM

What is Jonathan's motive supposed to be? The DA hasn't even hinted at one. I guess we're going to be told all the secrets in one big, expository monologue?

by Anonymousreply 112November 23, 2020 12:34 PM

Johnathan said Elena was blackmailing him and stalking him and his family. The night of her murder he went to confront her and they argued and had sex. Presumably, it was because she was at the party and turning up at his wife's group. Did she want more from him? She wanted him to leave his wife? He says he loved her but maybe he's lying.

In the book, Johnathan killed his brother and it was deliberate, they've changed it to a sister that he was babysitting. His secret gets revealed at the end of the book when Grace visits his family and she realises she was married to a sociopath. Henry seeing his father with Elena was also in the book, he also saw him with another unnamed woman. I was wondering when this would come up, or if they'd skip it altogether. I think Henry is a red herring, he found the axe and is covering for his father because he thinks he did it. Or is it his mother?

by Anonymousreply 113November 23, 2020 12:51 PM

Are witnesses allowed to sit in court and hear all the other testimony?

I don't think so.

And Lily Rabe bopping in and out of the courtroom while testimony continues? Where are the bailiffs??

by Anonymousreply 114November 23, 2020 2:47 PM

why was grace at the murder scene?

What is up with elena's painting of grace?

Timeline of elena's murder: Where was hugh at the time of elena's murder? Remember, he was having sex with grace? Was this after or before elena's murder? Or during?

The reveal of the murder weapon does not rule out any of the suspects. It is pretty amazing to do a story like this. It changes up the genre, and is more realistic.

What is the deal with the creepy into with grace, as a child?

I am thinking that they changed the book (as they said they did) and the murderer is: Grace.

by Anonymousreply 115November 23, 2020 7:45 PM

I agree with an earlier poster who said there must be a connection between art-loving grandpa and the murder victim, who was an artist herself.

by Anonymousreply 116November 23, 2020 8:10 PM

The kid is covering for Jonathan imo. Before Jonathan was arrested at the beach house, he clearly was giving Henry instructions on what to do with the hammer. Grace said this episode that Henry “worshiped” Jonathan and would do anything for him.

This story could have been told in a 2 hour and 20 minute movie. Making it 6 hours was a dreadful idea.

by Anonymousreply 117November 23, 2020 8:17 PM

I don't think the kid did it either. But how is Lily Rabe involved? You can't count her out. I'm pretty sure she's the woman who had the affair with Hugh Grant--the other woman he referenced when he was talking to his lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 118November 23, 2020 8:19 PM

Franklin never says that jonathan (grant ) is the murderer, just a cheater. He seems to hate the guy too. At this point, I think franklin is trying to frame jonathan for murder. And he knows that grace did it. Because of the style choices, the best reveal would be: Grace did it.

They even told the audience: why isn't grace a prime suspect, when she was at the murder scene and had motive?

by Anonymousreply 119November 23, 2020 8:20 PM

Franklin never says that jonathan (grant ) is the murderer, just a cheater. He seems to hate the guy too. At this point, I think franklin is trying to frame jonathan for murder. And he knows that grace did it. Because of the style choices, the best reveal would be: Grace did it.

They even told the audience: why isn't grace a prime suspect, when she was at the murder scene and had motive?

by Anonymousreply 120November 23, 2020 8:20 PM

The actress playing the prosecutor seemed to have some sort of strange accent as well. They should have named the series Law and Order: United Nations Edition.

by Anonymousreply 121November 23, 2020 8:26 PM

Julia Robert, as the black housekeeper, the one who shows in epi 6 is the killer

by Anonymousreply 122November 23, 2020 8:27 PM

I don't think the kid did it. The only thing that makes sense in that Hugh gave him the weapon and is the murderer after all. Or Grace is the murderer and the kid is covering for her.

by Anonymousreply 123November 23, 2020 8:29 PM

Rabe’s character is definitely the original “other woman”. Jonathan is probably her baby daddy too. I’m not where she fits in with the murder but I agree she is sketchy. They’ve gone out of their way to show her and prosecutor have awkward interactions.

by Anonymousreply 124November 23, 2020 8:30 PM

OK, wouldn't any sane logical person throw the murder weapon in the Hudson River (or East River if you live off Park Ave.) just to be rid of it? I'll be curious to see how they explain its presence in a child's violin case next week.

And Lily Rabe is not The Other Woman. She's playing it more like Sylvia Fowler or Gladys Kravitz, the nosey neighbor/best friend who's into everybody's business. If she's revealed as the murderer it will really come out of no reasonable place and be such a cheat solution.

by Anonymousreply 125November 23, 2020 8:38 PM

R125 when Jonathan first met with the lawyer (the black dyke not the guy one) she asked him about other affairs. He mentioned another one but never got around to saying who it was with. I know this show is pretty poorly written but it was written in a way that suggests it’s significant who it was with and that it would be revealed later. The only candidate who fits that is Lily’s character.

by Anonymousreply 126November 23, 2020 8:44 PM

The black lawyer isn’t dyke she got Hugh hard.

by Anonymousreply 127November 23, 2020 8:49 PM

r126, I still say Lily's role is too small and insignificant for her to be reasonably considered the murderer.

Now, that said, this series is awful enough and so badly written that you may be right. I just feel it would be a real cop out if the murderer isn't a character we're invested in.

by Anonymousreply 128November 23, 2020 9:06 PM

And beyond the fact that she was walking around Spanish Harlem by herself, it was revealed that Grace was walking near Elena's studio at 9:30pm! Strange that this New York neighborhood was completely abandoned at a time when the place would have been jumping. I thought it was, like, at least midnight. (and there would have been plenty of folks out at that time anyway.) Then there's the photo of the victim with her face smashed in shown with no warning with children in the courtroom, including the victim's son. Never would have happened. Why it wasn't shown just to the jury is beyond comprehension. And Jonathan not knowing that the husband was right behind him in line to get in the courthouse. Oy.

by Anonymousreply 129November 23, 2020 9:53 PM

Every single time Grace and Sylvia talk on the phone, they abruptly hang up on each other without even signaling a goodbye. These people don't resemble real people at all.

Anyway, I actually think Henry found the hammer and hid it to protect his dad.

by Anonymousreply 130November 23, 2020 10:13 PM

How’d she afford an art studio? Even in Spanish Harlem that wouldn’t be cheap. Grace’s father is 100% involved.

by Anonymousreply 131November 23, 2020 10:15 PM

So maybe Elena is Grace’s half-sister? And Elena knew it?

by Anonymousreply 132November 23, 2020 10:21 PM

No way Henry did it.

So from just seeing his dad once talking to the woman outside the school, Henry would decide to find out who she is, where she works, sneak away when his parents are at the school fundraiser, and kill her?

That wouldn’t make any sense whatsoever

by Anonymousreply 133November 23, 2020 10:50 PM

Yes, a little kid was able to overpower a grown adult woman like that and then expertly clean off all the blood and guts spattered throughout the studio and on himself.

by Anonymousreply 134November 23, 2020 11:57 PM

What are the odds of the shot of Henry's crazy eye staring at Grace being repeated next week, in flashback, as Henry pretends to be asleep when Jonathan comes in with the hammer? That eye made me laugh and I want to see it again.

The opening makes sense in the context of the book because Grace is more like a Dr. Laura character whose career revolves around blaming women because they initially ignored red flags and they "should have known." The book is about Grace coming to terms with the fact that she was the worst offender and that it had been a lifelong pattern.

It was sort of glossed over on the show but learning that her parents' relationship wasn't what she believed was a big thing in the book (on par with the revelation that the "dog" had actually been his brother) because it showed how oblivious she had been for her entire life. Of course she would be singing [italic]Dream a Little Dream[/italic] thinking Jonathan is madly in love with her while he's off doing what he does and she's stuck in her bubble seeing only what she wants to see.

It should be noted that the last shot in the opening sequence is of creepy-kid Grace popping a bubble.

by Anonymousreply 135November 24, 2020 12:00 AM

Leave it to Reddit. Someone noticed [italic]The Forge[/italic] in the background during the Frick scenes. Jonathan is wielding the hammer while Henry and Franklin are complicit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136November 24, 2020 12:20 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137November 24, 2020 12:20 AM

In the book, Jonathan kills his lover when he finds out she's pregnant again.

by Anonymousreply 138November 24, 2020 1:00 AM

OK. Here's my theory: Nicole Kidman's father, Donald Sutherland did it. He planted the sculptor's hammer in his grandson's violin case. He hates Jonathan. He knows that if Nicole thinks her kid did it she would let Jonathan take the fall since everyone has decided he must have done it. Now while that makes sense to me, it still doesn't account for the real reason she went out for a walk that night. Was she following her father? Or her son? Or her husband? Maybe Nicole really did it. This is a good storyt. Lots of possibilities.

by Anonymousreply 139November 24, 2020 1:22 AM

The only way for this to be a cohesive show is: Grace did it.

The only way out for grace is to blame it on her wig. I think she can call some unsavory dlers as character witnesses.

This is a great show. Great director.

by Anonymousreply 140November 24, 2020 1:43 AM

hugh g did it. told ya

by Anonymousreply 141November 24, 2020 1:49 AM

Franklin would have been smart enough to toss the hammer into the East River.

by Anonymousreply 142November 24, 2020 2:00 AM

I am sure Nicole Kidman sings the theme song. The intro is too long I always FWD. She has a sweet voice though.

by Anonymousreply 143November 24, 2020 6:20 AM

[quote]when Jonathan first met with the lawyer (the black dyke not the guy one) she asked him about other affairs. He mentioned another one but never got around to saying who it was with. I know this show is pretty poorly written but it was written in a way that suggests it’s significant who it was with and that it would be revealed later. The only candidate who fits that is Lily’s character.

Exactly. And dyke lawyer makes a big show of how she knows everything about the lives of the jurors. She has stalked their social media and hired experts to dig up all their dirt. So you know she already has all Jonathan's dirty laundry too--including how his sister died and who else he was having affairs with.

by Anonymousreply 144November 24, 2020 8:19 AM

Would the show be better if it took place in London? The horrible accents take me out of the experience to the point I hate it takes place in New York. It actually adds nothing to the plot having New York as a supporting character.

Nicole, the Kid, the lawyers...

Elena and her husband could've been Romanian and the show could've taken place in London.

by Anonymousreply 145November 24, 2020 11:46 AM

I don't think Lily Rabe did it. I do think she is the other woman Hugh was having an affair with however.

by Anonymousreply 146November 24, 2020 1:41 PM

Among many of the mistakes this series has made is losing the presence of all of Grace's lady friends we met in the first episode. There was some great tension in the luncheon scene and also at the benefit with their husbands. This show needed more character development in those smaller roles that would have opened up the murderer possibilities. Nicole, Hugh, Sutherland and the kid can't sustain 6 episodes on their own.

by Anonymousreply 147November 24, 2020 1:56 PM

NK finding the hammer was just like G. finding the typewriter.

by Anonymousreply 148November 24, 2020 2:17 PM

Wealthy women who have spent their entire lives with housekeepers are known for tidying up their children's messy rooms in the middle of the night.

by Anonymousreply 149November 24, 2020 2:53 PM

STOP saying nicole and keith are gay....for goodness sake:::::they is parents !

by Anonymousreply 150November 24, 2020 3:45 PM

What a waste of money this show is. Poor writing, poor directing, poor acting. The hammer in the child’s violin case was laughable. Ditto sad Nicole walking through New York unattacked late at night to sleep with her creepy husband. Gross.

The only winners are wigs, coats and glamorous apartments/sets. D-

by Anonymousreply 151November 24, 2020 7:06 PM

R151Seems like the wig wasn’t the only thing that skittered from this mess.

by Anonymousreply 152November 24, 2020 7:31 PM

Agreed r147, there has been far too little Lily Rabe.

by Anonymousreply 153November 24, 2020 7:36 PM

Nicole knows you are all obsessed with her and will watch regardless, trash it if you want. Which other actress is giving you what you want on a scale like this these days? These haters will also watch her upcoming Hulu mini-series like rabid pigs and froth at the mouth over her wig in that one as well.

by Anonymousreply 154November 24, 2020 7:48 PM

She’s giving fuckin face, green coat, animal eye, rocky dennis,

by Anonymousreply 155November 24, 2020 7:58 PM

Considering Henry is now staying at his granddad's home, we can't expect him to have carried the hammer all the way from his apartment to his grandad's. Plus, when the police scoured the apartment, they would have found it. I think the granddad did it--but why? Did he know about the affair? If the doctor has more than one affair, why would the grandad kill this one?

by Anonymousreply 156November 24, 2020 8:01 PM

The father is connected to Elena in some way. She owns an art studio. The show has gone out of its way to talk about how the father is big in the art scene. There has to be something linking the two.

by Anonymousreply 157November 24, 2020 8:07 PM

r148 And like J finding the Music Box!

by Anonymousreply 158November 24, 2020 8:59 PM

[quote]Among many of the mistakes this series has made is losing the presence of all of Grace's lady friends

They’re going to be surprise witnesses. They all had affairs with both Jonathan and Franklin, and also with Elena.

[quote]There has to be something linking the two.

The old-fashioned cocksucker was having an affair with Elena (or perhaps with Jonathan) and killed her when he found out Jonathan was also fucking her. He framed Jonathan for her murder, thereby getting rid of two problems.

by Anonymousreply 159November 24, 2020 10:14 PM

Too much damn footage of Nicole's character walking, like the above poster said that time could have been used better with some banter/tension with her lady friends.

by Anonymousreply 160November 25, 2020 12:27 AM

J= Jessica Lange and G=Glenn. Now, how many people here know which movies these refer to?? I do. In fact when G found the typewriter I was so glad she finally came to her senses!!!

by Anonymousreply 161November 25, 2020 1:18 AM

Was the son at school (and the violin was with him) when the police conducted their search? Kid probably had it in his locker.

by Anonymousreply 162November 25, 2020 1:25 AM

R154 Lies. I haven’t even watched the trailer for this, lol. The thread and a third, and snarky comments have been sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 163November 25, 2020 2:24 AM

We’re worried about you, r163. It’s okay to admit you need help.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164November 25, 2020 2:34 AM

R164 lmao 😂 Too perfect.

by Anonymousreply 165November 25, 2020 2:35 AM

What’s weird is Hugh Grant’s character had told his family he we flying to a conference prior to the murder. So he didn’t flee after seeing her dead; he had planned the fleeing long before.

Also, Hugh went to say goodbye to his some before he left. Was he hiding the hammer?

by Anonymousreply 166November 25, 2020 3:10 AM

I beginning to think you bitches are right and the wig did it.

by Anonymousreply 167November 25, 2020 6:16 AM

[quote]What’s weird is Hugh Grant’s character had told his family he we flying to a conference prior to the murder.

The only logical explanation is that he had been planning to kill Grace that night and run away with Sylvia, but the wig talked him out of it while Grace was in the shower. He didn't want his night to be a complete waste so he killed Elena.

by Anonymousreply 168November 25, 2020 7:11 AM

We know the kid played violin in the apartment with President Snow, so the sudden appearance of a hammer makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 169November 25, 2020 4:15 PM

I'm thinking Grace's father put the hammer in the violin case. There was that moment where Henry was playing violin and he paused and spent time listening, then engaged in some forced conversation. It felt like a manufactured "important moment" to me. Whether or not he did the bashing of the head murder is still open to speculation, though.

by Anonymousreply 170November 25, 2020 5:39 PM

The kid was playing violin not in a trance. I think he would notice if his smelly grandpa bent over and put a large hammer in a violin case. But nothing on this show makes sense so why not?

by Anonymousreply 171November 25, 2020 5:55 PM

OK...but where's the violin!?!

by Anonymousreply 172November 25, 2020 6:21 PM

I was surprised to learn a few days ago that someone whose opinion I respect admitted she's hate-watching The Undoing. Like her, if I don't like something, I usually refuse to waste my time watching it. However, we're similar in that we're both caught up with the show and are looking forward to the finale.

I think this show may be onto something. The stars and production values are so top-notch, it was difficult to resist watching out of curiosity. However, the plot is so ridiculous, and the characters are so frustrating, it's difficult to look away.

by Anonymousreply 173November 25, 2020 6:32 PM

Thank god Nicolle didn’t get her little titties out this time

by Anonymousreply 174November 25, 2020 6:40 PM

[quote]The only logical explanation is that he had been planning to kill Grace that night and run away with Sylvia, but the wig talked him out of it while Grace was in the shower. He didn't want his night to be a complete waste so he killed Elena.

OR...he had been planning to kill Grace that night and run away with Sylvia, but the wig talked him out of it while Grace was in the shower.

Then Sylvia followed him to Elena's place, watched them have sex, and then killed Elena in a fit of rage.

by Anonymousreply 175November 25, 2020 6:53 PM

The way that the detective is so insistent that Jonathan is the killer, to the extent that he's even caught lying on the witness stand, is very suspicious. Elena had affairs with other men, apparently -- maybe he was one of them? He was jealous of Jonathan, saw them having sex that night, then waited until Jonathan left and killed her. He would know how to clean up whatever DNA he'd left behind since he's a cop and now he's framing Jonathan.

by Anonymousreply 176November 25, 2020 7:02 PM

R171 lol, I should have been more clear. I don't mean he put it in the violin case at that very moment. I mean that's when he "got the idea" to put the hammer in the violin case later. I mean, the show has a lot of ridiculous elements, but that would be too far!

by Anonymousreply 177November 25, 2020 7:19 PM

Assuming that the kid would play his violin every day, why would anyone but the kid put the mallet in the violin case? Which is not to say the kid is the killer, he could have found the mallet with someone he's protecting....but then why not just throw the mallet away somewhere?

The entire series reeks of illogic.

by Anonymousreply 178November 25, 2020 7:33 PM

Yes, the hammer should be at the bottom of the East River by now, but these people want to get caught.

by Anonymousreply 179November 25, 2020 7:45 PM

There’s only one more episode left. There will be one more plot twist

by Anonymousreply 180November 25, 2020 8:20 PM

I may be late to the party but I'm just catching up on a brilliant spy series called The Night Manager on Prime. The cast includes Noah Jupe , 4 years younger than we see him on The Undoing and quite adorable. Didn't realize it but he's actually British, playing the son of Hugh Laurie and Elizabeth Debicki, our next Princess Diana in S5 of The Crown. And speaking of The Crown, the series also stars Olivia Colman (actually pregnant with her 3rd child) and Tobias Menzies. The Night Manager was directed by The Undoing's Susanne Bier (and she did much better here). Supposedly it was the most expensive mini-series until The Crown.

by Anonymousreply 181November 25, 2020 10:36 PM

Is there any American in the principal cast? (Sutherland is Canadian).

Seriously, why is everyone a non-American? No New York actors were available???

by Anonymousreply 182November 25, 2020 11:42 PM

Lily Rabe and Jeremy Shamos, who plays the school principal, are American.

But it's extremely odd, if the series was truly shot in NYC, there are so few Americans in the lead cast.

by Anonymousreply 183November 25, 2020 11:44 PM

Ah, yes, Lily Rabe. Thanks for reminding me about her.

I don't get why an English actor, Douglas Hodge, was cast as a New York detective? The miniseries was indeed shot in NYC and you mean to tell me casting couldn't get a New York actor for that role? Oh yes, there's a dearth of talented actors in New York (who don't have to fake a bad accent like Hodge) to be considered for that part. RME.

by Anonymousreply 184November 26, 2020 2:34 PM

Who is the predicted killer? I am going with Hugh Grant and Nicole’s wig will be shocked to find out.

by Anonymousreply 185November 26, 2020 2:37 PM

I think it's Hugh, as well. He's a sociopath as his mother suggested (without calling him as such) and either Hugh asked his son to hide the murder weapon in the violin case or the scumbag put it there himself. I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to frame his own son. Hugh's character reminds me of someone in my family who is a sociopath and I see the same theatrics, the same BS disguising a gaping empty emotional shell.

by Anonymousreply 186November 26, 2020 2:51 PM

I think the director, being European, didn’t care about casting American actors. The accent issues wouldn’t bother her as it would an American director.

by Anonymousreply 187November 26, 2020 2:58 PM

Douglas Hodge and Noah Jupe were both in the director's The Night Manager for the BBC.

by Anonymousreply 188November 26, 2020 3:12 PM

Casting a dark haired, non-WASP child actor as a Manhattan prince is the third time a TV show has been marred in my mind. The other two were NBC series Kidnapped and the Fox series Gotham.

by Anonymousreply 189November 26, 2020 4:35 PM

Rosemary Harris did it

by Anonymousreply 190November 26, 2020 5:52 PM

The police officer could have done it, Rabe, Elena’s husband, Donald, Hugh, Nicole, the son... I believe you bitches should all name your suspect and let it lay until Sunday night.

by Anonymousreply 191November 26, 2020 6:29 PM

Hugh was dark-haired when he was young so why wouldn't he have a dark-haired son, r189? And the boy certainly looks like Donald Sutherland could be his grandfather even if he doesn't resemble Nicole.

There are so many worse things to focus on in this shit show.

by Anonymousreply 192November 26, 2020 7:46 PM

Did they start CGI-ing wrinkles onto Nicole's forehead?

by Anonymousreply 193November 26, 2020 8:24 PM

Check out da coats...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194November 26, 2020 8:49 PM

If you wear one of the coats without me, you're still naked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195November 26, 2020 9:28 PM

Jonathan snatched one of Grace's wigs and Muppet hide coats, and paid Elena a visit. He did the crime, but she'll do the time.

by Anonymousreply 196November 26, 2020 9:31 PM

Lol wig n grinch coat

by Anonymousreply 197November 26, 2020 9:33 PM

I still think it's Donald as the credits suggest that he was enamoured of his daughter from the time she was little. He's creepy. There, I said it and I'll put my money on it.

by Anonymousreply 198November 26, 2020 10:12 PM

Her Oscar the Grouch coat is nothing anyone should want.

by Anonymousreply 199November 26, 2020 10:15 PM

Ugly AND expensive, what fabulous coats

by Anonymousreply 200November 26, 2020 10:17 PM

Aren't all those coats ugly? The one that looks like a bathrobe!

by Anonymousreply 201November 26, 2020 10:19 PM

The green coat weighs 15 lbs. It can double as a weighted blanket, making it very attractive to autistic people with limited closet space.

[quote]Remember how I mentioned that the green material is thick? Get this: in total, the coat weighs a whopping 15 pounds, Signe estimated. "You can almost see how heavy it is when she walks around," she said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202November 26, 2020 10:23 PM

I wonder if they knew people would talk shit on the coats?

by Anonymousreply 203November 26, 2020 10:31 PM

Who will think of the kakapo?!

There only 209 of them left on the planet and 140 were killed to make the green coat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204November 26, 2020 10:38 PM

How much does The Wig weigh?

by Anonymousreply 205November 26, 2020 10:57 PM

Heavy is the head that wears The Wig.

by Anonymousreply 206November 26, 2020 10:58 PM

That explains why Kidman can do little more "acting" than heavy breathing. The Wig is simply too heavy. She really didn't think this through.

by Anonymousreply 207November 26, 2020 11:01 PM

I think the hammer did it, wearing the wig and that coat. This is the only logical explanation. The state wants to get someone, and they can't very well put on trial a hammer. THE LAW.

by Anonymousreply 208November 27, 2020 12:05 AM

I still maintain that Elena was Grace’s half-sister.

by Anonymousreply 209November 27, 2020 12:19 AM

I thought maybe Franklin did it, in the beginning. Franklin could have had an affair with elena too. The baby could be his in this scenario. So far, there is no evidence that points to this.

The best ending to this show, tying the whole show together, is: Grace did it.

by Anonymousreply 210November 27, 2020 1:41 AM

I thought maybe Franklin did it, in the beginning. Franklin could have had an affair with elena too. The baby could be his in this scenario. So far, there is no evidence that points to this.

The best ending to this show, tying the whole show together, is: Grace did it.

by Anonymousreply 211November 27, 2020 1:41 AM

Douglas Hodge did it because Elena made fun of his awful accent. But he won't be convicted because she also made fun of the Presecuting Attorney's accent, so the PA will ask the judge to call a mistrial!

by Anonymousreply 212November 27, 2020 1:47 AM

Fernando was having an affair with the mother of The Wig. The three of them conspired to get rid of Elena.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213November 27, 2020 5:15 AM

What wig?? I’m all natural!!

by Anonymousreply 214November 27, 2020 12:03 PM

The wig jokes are lame and played out.

by Anonymousreply 215November 27, 2020 12:33 PM

The wig jokes ain’t getting old for me.

by Anonymousreply 216November 27, 2020 7:16 PM

We bow at the altar of the WIG!

by Anonymousreply 217November 27, 2020 7:32 PM

i like the show. It's film noir. I like the color scheme. Yes, even that green coat. It's really a lovely Chartreuse.

by Anonymousreply 218November 28, 2020 1:03 AM

Someone said that with her pre-Raphaelite hair and green coat, Kidman wanders Manhattan like a Renaissance performer after closing trying to remember where she left her spinning wheel.

by Anonymousreply 219November 28, 2020 1:21 AM

That was me, haha.

It's pretty obvious Hugh planted the hammer on his son.

by Anonymousreply 220November 28, 2020 2:45 AM

The wig is all this show has going for it. It should get its own spin-off...

Skittered.

by Anonymousreply 221November 28, 2020 3:08 AM

Welp, here's what I think. See here's the thing. I'f you're the murderer, you're going to get rid of the weapon. This is NYC. Throw it in the harbor! There's a million places to hide it. But you do not take it home and save it like a souvenir. The only reason the Murderer would keep the murder weapon is if they intended to blame someone else for the crime. IMO

by Anonymousreply 222November 28, 2020 3:19 AM

Tomorrow, tomorrow

We’ll find out tomorrow

That wig’s got some hell...to...paaaaay!

by Anonymousreply 223November 28, 2020 1:57 PM

THANK YOU R155 she IS morphing into Rocky Dennis . Her odd shaped face has become distracting

by Anonymousreply 224November 28, 2020 5:07 PM

A hilarious recreation of Kidman agreeing to sing “Dream a Little Dream of Me”:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225November 28, 2020 5:09 PM

I dont care if these people are the cream of NYC society, not one of them sounds remotely like a NYer...

by Anonymousreply 226November 28, 2020 5:14 PM

[R226] Of course not, no one in the family is an American. Even the defense lawyer is a non-American.

by Anonymousreply 227November 28, 2020 5:25 PM

Oh course r227 but given it takes place the city, make at least one cop sounds a native

by Anonymousreply 228November 28, 2020 5:59 PM

^^like^^

by Anonymousreply 229November 28, 2020 5:59 PM

R225, that was pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 230November 28, 2020 6:07 PM

Isn't the theme that Kidman "should have known" about Hugh? Maybe he planted the hammer to frame his wife?

by Anonymousreply 231November 28, 2020 6:11 PM

It seems like half-way through, it became irrelevant that Kidman's character is a therapist. No mention at all of her worrying about the state of her patients while she takes leave? If you tuned into just the last 2 episodes, you would think she had no career and was just a rich housewife.

by Anonymousreply 232November 28, 2020 8:40 PM

Yeah, and where are all of her girl friends for support?

by Anonymousreply 233November 28, 2020 10:06 PM

Lily Rabe is the only one checking on her, and I suspect she has ulterior motives, r233. (I still haven't finished the latest episode, so perhaps that's already been revealed.)

by Anonymousreply 234November 28, 2020 11:38 PM

Maybe a stranger did it. Elena could have had other lovers who were jealous. Hugh picked up the hammer when he came back because he panicked and then took it because it could incriminate him. He and/or the son hid it thinking no one would look there?

by Anonymousreply 235November 29, 2020 1:04 AM

Would it have been possible for Hugh to kill her, then put the hammer in his sons violin case when he went in to say good night?

by Anonymousreply 236November 29, 2020 3:51 AM

Speaking of bad wigs I'm finally catching up with the great Apple series The Morning Show and Reese Witherspoon is wearing a wig that's far worse and obvious than Nicole's.

by Anonymousreply 237November 29, 2020 4:33 AM

Does Henry have dark eyes? How did 2 blue eyed parents have a son with dark eyes?

by Anonymousreply 238November 29, 2020 5:05 AM

I think Sylvia is reporting everything Grace says back to Franklin or Jonathan. And based on the bridge scene in the trailer, one of the three takes Henry with plans for a murder-suicide.

Maybe Sylvia picked him up after school and took off. It doesn’t make sense that Lily Rabe would take that role for the ten lines of dialogue she’s had thus far. She has to do something big in the last episode.

It had to have been a hostage situation because Grace had time to get there in a helicopter and it also looks like Henry’s hands are possibly tied in front of him.

Grace is also seen screaming on Franklin’s terrace (or attempting to move her dead face into something conveying anguish at the very least). Had she just found a note telling her that Henry was gone?

Final lame guess: we’re going to see Franklin, Jonathan, or Sylvia either jump or get shot during a police standoff and then dramatically stumble over the railing. Someone is going over that bridge tomorrow night, dead or alive.

Then again, they haven’t really deviated that much from the book so they’re probably going to stick us with boring Jonathan.

by Anonymousreply 239November 29, 2020 5:23 AM

Lily Rabe is not a big name at all. I don't see why she would suddenly get some huge showcase in the finale. Her role might be thankless, but it's still a show with stars that's now a big hit. Why wouldn't she take it? Something other than Ryan Murphy.

by Anonymousreply 240November 29, 2020 5:38 AM

Is this shit still going on?

by Anonymousreply 241November 29, 2020 6:12 AM

Sylvia is a nothing-role if this is all we're going to get. Yes, the show is a hit but Lily Rabe should be aiming higher.

by Anonymousreply 242November 29, 2020 8:15 AM

R241, tonight's the finale!

I thought it was strange Franklin and Sylvia seemed to know each other well. In hindsight, I think she was at Jonathan's earliest hearings on behalf of Franklin.

by Anonymousreply 243November 29, 2020 10:31 AM

Do you really think Nicole would appear in a TV film that's going to feature and focus on Lily Rabe in the finale?

Btw, does Lily ever wash her hair?

by Anonymousreply 244November 29, 2020 1:37 PM

I’m fully prepared for a lame conclusion. I don’t expect any crazy twists. God forbid the show actually do something interesting.

by Anonymousreply 245November 29, 2020 1:44 PM

Lily Rabe should be happy she's on an HBO miniseries with the likes of Hugh Grant, Nicole Kidman and Donald Sutherland. Where did ANY of you get the idea she was some big deal comparable to the aforementioned?

by Anonymousreply 246November 29, 2020 2:05 PM

I’m going to set fire to my own house if it turns out the kid didn’t do it but was hiding the weapon to protect his dad. Burn it all down as punishment for the stupid people (i.e. me) who allowed that trash to be shown there.

by Anonymousreply 247November 29, 2020 2:52 PM

Not that this is the most pressing issue on this thread, but, R238, it’s absolutely possible for two blue-eyed parents to have a dark-eyed child.

by Anonymousreply 248November 29, 2020 4:45 PM

Expanding on my Elena-was-Grace’s-half-sister theory:

I think Franklin hooked Elena up with Dr. Fraser when Miguel had cancer. And he also got Miguel that “scholarship” to the school.

by Anonymousreply 249November 29, 2020 5:48 PM

Who is ready to be disappointed tonight?

Someone on reddit posited a theory that this is Nicole Kidman's Vanilla Sky -- she's in a coma the whole time, we're watching her dream.

by Anonymousreply 250November 29, 2020 8:13 PM

Tom cruise shows up to kill Elena because he wants his ex wife Nicole Kidman to suffer!

by Anonymousreply 251November 29, 2020 9:52 PM

Nic knows what she did.

by Anonymousreply 252November 29, 2020 9:58 PM

R248 please provide details. :)

by Anonymousreply 253November 29, 2020 10:10 PM

R247's ipod = Burning Down The House by Talking Heads

by Anonymousreply 254November 29, 2020 10:21 PM

Three seconds in and we've already had our first loud exhalation.

by Anonymousreply 255November 30, 2020 1:05 AM

Father of the year candidate.

by Anonymousreply 256November 30, 2020 1:14 AM

Why did Hugh Grant agree to do this show? In the scene where he apologizes for accusing his son he charming scamp routine.

by Anonymousreply 257November 30, 2020 1:15 AM

Oops, I meant to say he does his charming scamp routine. Like he's having fun, while everyone else is in a melodramatic movie-of-the-week. That scene should've been played completely differently...

by Anonymousreply 258November 30, 2020 1:17 AM

Just when you thought this show couldn't get any more ludicrous, that happens.

by Anonymousreply 259November 30, 2020 1:34 AM

Everyone involved in this shitshow of an episode should never be allowed to work in Hollywood again.

by Anonymousreply 260November 30, 2020 2:06 AM

Called it. A lame ending. Every single fan theory was more interesting than what ended up happening. What a waste of 6 hours.

by Anonymousreply 261November 30, 2020 2:06 AM

LMAO...Grace and Franklin showing up in a private helicopter made my hate-watch of this show completely worth it.

by Anonymousreply 262November 30, 2020 2:07 AM

That green dress Grace was wearing in the last scene was hideous!

by Anonymousreply 263November 30, 2020 2:08 AM

The police just totally let her run by them. Oh sure.

by Anonymousreply 264November 30, 2020 2:11 AM

The demographic the show was targeted to couldn't handle it, but the aftermath of a murder-suicide involving Jonathan and Henry would've been great for Nicole's Emmy reel come voting time.

by Anonymousreply 265November 30, 2020 2:12 AM

So, the hot shot attorney knows everything about the jurors, but doesn't know anything about her own client's past? LOL.

by Anonymousreply 266November 30, 2020 2:12 AM

[quote]LMAO...Grace and Franklin showing up in a private helicopter made my hate-watch of this show completely worth it.

YES! Especially since she got to ride in the front seat like a big girl.

by Anonymousreply 267November 30, 2020 2:13 AM

So Grace told her friend and her friend told the prosecutor about Jonathan’s mom?

by Anonymousreply 268November 30, 2020 2:14 AM

And the cops were magically 30 seconds behind Grace who got there in a HELICOPTER.

by Anonymousreply 269November 30, 2020 2:15 AM

Does anyone know what accent the prosecutor was attempting? It started out a stereotypical New York accent, but then morphed into that of a Guatemalan fruit seller.

by Anonymousreply 270November 30, 2020 2:16 AM

[quote]So Grace told her friend and her friend told the prosecutor about Jonathan’s mom?

Yes, Nancy Drew.

by Anonymousreply 271November 30, 2020 2:17 AM

R265, I agree: Hugh Grant's character should have punished Nicole by killing himself and their son. The whole story seemed headed in that direction, which would have made it truer to life.

And for you, R253, on the off-chance you are not kidding:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272November 30, 2020 2:17 AM

Hugh grants little drama queen fake suicide attempt was hilarious. He was like a little emo 13 year old, standing there for a minute then climbing down. The only thing missing was the hot topic wardrobe.

by Anonymousreply 273November 30, 2020 2:30 AM

R270 the actress is danish. I don’t think she was going for any accent, she just sucks at an American one.

Apparently there are no working actors in NYC anymore so they were forced to hire foreigners for every major role, all of whom didn’t even put much effort in pretending to be American.

by Anonymousreply 274November 30, 2020 2:37 AM

Why was no one keeping tabs on the kid? How could he just sneak off like that? And where the fuck did they land that helicopter?

by Anonymousreply 275November 30, 2020 2:41 AM

In have to say that Hugh did a good job acting like a psychopath. He was pretty scary in this episode.

by Anonymousreply 276November 30, 2020 2:43 AM

Another shaggy dog story with no reasonable ending, just bullshit. Where are the writers from 30s to 40s Hollywood? They'd vomit at this mess.

by Anonymousreply 277November 30, 2020 2:44 AM

Does Lily Rabe have a drug addiction? If not, why else would she sign on for a lame, thankless role. To get away from Ryan Murphy?

by Anonymousreply 278November 30, 2020 2:46 AM

Lily Rabe had a little bit to do, it was fine.

by Anonymousreply 279November 30, 2020 3:35 AM

“Did that hurt Darling?”, omg that was sexy scary.

by Anonymousreply 280November 30, 2020 3:46 AM

The defense attorney is soooooo smart — knows more than anyone else — but couldn’t even entertain the thought that Grave would throw Jonathan under the bus when she testified?

From that point on, through the ending, this Undoing went off he rails.

by Anonymousreply 281November 30, 2020 3:52 AM

And why, why, WHY would Hugh schlep the murder weapon to the beach house and hide it in the BBQ pit when the Atlantic Ocean was a few yards away??

by Anonymousreply 282November 30, 2020 3:57 AM

Honestly, someone like Gwyneth Paltrow would have been better in the main role.

by Anonymousreply 283November 30, 2020 5:34 AM

I hope the defense attorney throwing herself down on the chair when her objections were overruled will live on in GIFdom. That was the best part of the whole shit-show.

by Anonymousreply 284November 30, 2020 6:03 AM

So what change did they make from the book? Wasn't the husband guilty in the book as well?

by Anonymousreply 285November 30, 2020 6:07 AM

It would have been a better ending, if the wig did it. Would have made more sense too.

by Anonymousreply 286November 30, 2020 6:12 AM

[quote]So what change did they make from the book? Wasn't the husband guilty in the book as well?

R285, I thought R135 and R113 did a good job explaining the differences.

I think the problem with the series is that it seemed more like they tried to do a "Who done it?" As opposed to a psychological thriller about what it's like to be married to a sociopath and live blissfully unaware that he was. It's right there in the title of the book, "You Should Have Known" because it seems everyone from her son Henry to the cops, to her father to her friend to the attorney, to everyone at school, to the victim's husband knew he did it long before Nicole Kidman's character would allow herself to. Even his parents knew he was messed up.

Although it's a fun twist to watch people online guessing who the real killer might be when it was all right there: there's no other killer, he did it.

by Anonymousreply 287November 30, 2020 6:34 AM

If you thought the widower was hot, and he was, try season 4 of [italic]Ray Donovan[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 288November 30, 2020 6:42 AM

I've often wondered about the psychology of those who are in long term relationships with psychopaths. Are they naive, slow,damaged, or maybe mildly psychopathic themselves? How could you not know?

by Anonymousreply 289November 30, 2020 6:44 AM

R289 Wig obstructed her view

by Anonymousreply 290November 30, 2020 6:51 AM

I agree with R287 about the change to whodunit. In terms of plot, they didn't deviate that much from the book but at the same time they removed too much of what the story was about. I don't know what the point of that was, unless getting the show made hinged on Nicole Kidman and she didn't want to play a character as unlikeable as Grace?

Without Grace having written a victim-blaming book, her whole journey from obliviousness to finally recognizing what was going on around her seemed pointless. It was more fun when she was chastising women for turning their partners into fictional characters when we knew that Grace had given Jonathan a complete makeover as soon as they started dating, throwing out all of his ratty t-shirts and jeans and replacing them with OCBDs and chinos.

Apart from that, most of the changes seemed to be made for tv. Grace's father wasn't nearly as rich in the book, but then we wouldn't have gotten his apartment or the terrace with a view. Malaga (Elena) had a natural sensuality that men responded to in the book — a complete 180 from Grace and the rest of her brittle UES crew — but she was older and not really sexualized, so then we wouldn't have gotten young labia, tits, and the kiss.

The book was poorly written and I only finished it because I was on lockdown and didn't care what I was reading, but the fuckery of the tv version has made me appreciate it a bit more.

by Anonymousreply 291November 30, 2020 8:27 AM

I loved the first episode, but it quickly degenerated into imlausible claptrap. There is a fabulous Lily Rabe comedy series about cu(n)throat UES private school moms fighting to get out of this shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 292November 30, 2020 11:39 AM

Even the son is British. What an insult to the city of New York and New York actors. I hope the city taxed them to high heaven to film there. Why not just set it in London? The show completely failed to capture the city and Nicole was not believable as an upper east side mom.

by Anonymousreply 293November 30, 2020 1:37 PM

I'm disgusted at how New York actors were slighted by this show's casting department. Why did only Lily Rabe make the cut? I can't believe even the prosecutor wasn't an American, let alone a New Yorker! Yeah, I enjoyed this craptastic show but I agree--these people were NOT believable as super wealthy Upper East Siders.

by Anonymousreply 294November 30, 2020 1:42 PM

So was it hinted at that Lily Rabe’s character was in a romantic relationship with the prosecutor? And couldn’t there be declared a mistrial if the defense discovered this?

by Anonymousreply 295November 30, 2020 1:47 PM

It was so odd that they kept on having the characters walk through Central Park to get to their destination - Grace walks through the park between her house and her father's, they walked the son to school (his school is on Park?- and they walk through CP). They all live on the same side of the park so there would be exactly zero need to walk through it.

by Anonymousreply 296November 30, 2020 1:49 PM

The Wig took flight!

by Anonymousreply 297November 30, 2020 2:08 PM

SAG is a shitty union to have allowed all of the non-American casting.

by Anonymousreply 298November 30, 2020 2:51 PM

I hear they’re working on a sequel....

by Anonymousreply 299November 30, 2020 3:02 PM

Thanks R272. I suppose a genetic mutation might also explain it. I wonder what they mean when they say “although it isn’t common”. How uncommon/unlikely?

by Anonymousreply 300November 30, 2020 3:31 PM

Here’s a weird real-world example of eye colour and genetics:

Prince William has blue eyes

Kate Middleton has green eyes

Prince George has brown eyes

Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis have blue eyes

by Anonymousreply 301November 30, 2020 3:38 PM

So, no foreigners live in New York? There's not a single person form Australia or Great Britain living in New York? It's such an oddity that that's what made the show so unrealistic?

by Anonymousreply 302November 30, 2020 3:38 PM

Total aside but the actor playing Elena’s husband could be Joseph Cotten’s brother from another mother... or if rumor has it, brother.

by Anonymousreply 303November 30, 2020 3:41 PM

A friend had a theory that Kidman's character had multiple personality disorder. You could tell which personality she was at any given moment by if she was wearing the green coat or the red one.

by Anonymousreply 304November 30, 2020 4:05 PM

That would've made more sense, R304.

by Anonymousreply 305November 30, 2020 4:13 PM

I must admit that even though this show had its problems, I'm not ready to say goodbye to the characters yet. I would like a second season. I don't know if there will be a second season (both the showrunner and Nicole Kidman have said conflicting things) but the plot of it could follow the book more -- Grace is writing a book titled "You Should Have Known." Her therapy practice surely has to be over, who would want her advice after all this? Not sure how much Jonathan would factor into the new season, maybe it could loosely follow his appeal or something. The trial was so ridiculous, I don't even know what the actual outcome of these events would be.

by Anonymousreply 306November 30, 2020 4:32 PM

IMO.... this lawyer fucked up big time...but you know that. First of all, when they were in that little room, Her, Hugh Grant & Nicole, she said they were in a good place. Things were looking better. They were finished. Once a lawyer reaches that point, she does not revisit her strategy and suddenly put wifey on the stand.

She knew that Nicole and Hugh were hating on one another even in the car on the way to court. She had to reprimand them. She had to instruct them to hold hands. She knew there was a lot of hostility there. And...she also had access to that 911 call. This is not something you overlook. Because it is part of the prosecution's case. So she knows what Nicole said to get her client arrested in the first place.

So, in the same way a defense attorney never puts their client on the stand unless it will definitely do them some good and there is no other option, she would never put a witness like Nicole on the stand. Plus as his wife, nothing she says in his favor will likely count with a jury. Juries tend not to give much credibility to wives who say, "Oh, my husband would never do that."

So the thought process that ended up with the Defense attorney willing to allow a suddenly eager Nicole to testify on Hugh's behalf, doesn't have an ounce of credibility IMO. NADA. Oh. And that Defense attorney fucked up by calling Miguel to testify. The kid found his mother bludgeoned to death. He is a cancer survivor. He's fucking 12 years old...No way.

by Anonymousreply 307November 30, 2020 4:35 PM

You wanna see a good court room drama? Go rent or stream Jagged Edge, the thriller with Jeff Bridges and Glenn Close. Damn she was good. Who ever wrote that knew a few things about criminal law and court rooms.

by Anonymousreply 308November 30, 2020 4:38 PM

The close-ups in natural light of Kidman's face on the chopper were horrific. Without exquisitely composed interior lighting. her face looks like it's composed of the transplanted flesh of dead people.

by Anonymousreply 309November 30, 2020 4:55 PM

R309, it’s so funny you mention that! Her face looked terrifying in both the final helicopter scene, as well as one of the courtroom scenes where her character was sitting near a window with natural light beaming on her face. It looked so pale and waxy.

by Anonymousreply 310November 30, 2020 5:04 PM

Soap operas have more believable trial scenes than "The Undoing."

by Anonymousreply 311November 30, 2020 5:08 PM

R308 Music Box is better, personal to me, and more poignant.

by Anonymousreply 312November 30, 2020 5:12 PM

R309 🤣😂🤣😂

You bitches are brutal.

by Anonymousreply 313November 30, 2020 5:13 PM

R284-She was almost as good as Mark Rylance throwing himself down on the same chair in Trial Of The Chicago Seven.

by Anonymousreply 314November 30, 2020 5:18 PM

Ultimately this show was disappointing. All the red herrings were for nothing, and the courtroom theatrics at the end were embarrassing.

I agree Nicole looked weird in sunlight and LOL at her focusing her eyes on the ground below in a helicopter.

The weirdest thing to me was the flashback of the killing. Maybe if she had done something more threatening but it was not believable that he would repeatedly smash her head in like that.

by Anonymousreply 315November 30, 2020 5:23 PM

same as in book, dad did it/ hugh ....u dum shits.

by Anonymousreply 316November 30, 2020 5:23 PM

same as in book, dad did it/ hugh ....u dum shits.

by Anonymousreply 317November 30, 2020 5:23 PM

Was Lily Rabe supposed to be a lesbian? Was that a woman in bed with her? I couldn't tell.

by Anonymousreply 318November 30, 2020 5:24 PM

It looked like Lily's daughter's bedroom though why they were sleeping together is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 319November 30, 2020 5:43 PM

Did Kidman get a chin implant? It looks like it's difficult for her to hold her mouth closed. Also makes her mouth look more clownish.

by Anonymousreply 320November 30, 2020 5:47 PM

Elena’s husband had a very limited vocabulary. He called the defense attorney “vile” twice in the courtroom and then twice again in an anteroom. And would a guy of his ethnicity and social class really use the term “vile” to describe someone?

by Anonymousreply 321November 30, 2020 7:06 PM

[quote]And would a guy of his ethnicity and social class really use the term “vile” to describe someone?

Did you just ask if a Puerto Rican man would ever use the word "vile" to describe people as if he wouldn't have ever heard the word in the 30 odd years of his life? Never read a book? Never watched a TV show?

Also I don't know what "social class" you think he was as the couple had enough money for them to have an apartment with their two children and for her to have a studio on the side she also used in a major city. That's pretty expensive right there. They weren't dirt poor. Hell, if they moved out of the city they could have probably bought a nice house.

And yes their son needed a scholarship to the school but the school was also $50,000 a year which the series even pointed out is a lot for most people even if the other student's parents at school could afford it.

by Anonymousreply 322November 30, 2020 7:27 PM

^Nothing makes sense. Why would someone of his social class have tolerated his wife being an artist. A "sculptor" no less. That's not a job....it's a hobby for rich, entitles brats.

by Anonymousreply 323November 30, 2020 7:27 PM

The scenes in the Alves home clearly revealed it to be a cramped 2 bedroom railroad apartment in a tenement, housing a bodega on the street floor. Was it supposed to be in East Harlem ? How crazy to think that Nicole would go strolling around the neighborhood alone in her expensive clothes in the middle of the night.

Did the father work for a living? Did they ever bother to let us know what he did? And what will happen to the baby daughter that's not his?

David Kelley is so out of town with real life.

by Anonymousreply 324November 30, 2020 8:23 PM

I still don't understand why the husband let Hugh grants character into his house to hold the kid. Was that explained in the book? It made zero sense.

by Anonymousreply 325November 30, 2020 9:12 PM

That poor baby, is all can say. Will Nicole's character adopt her sociopath husband's and victim's child? The saddest part of this story is that Kidman's face is only going to look worse--Joan Rivers could tell her the downside of monthly surgeries!

by Anonymousreply 326November 30, 2020 9:27 PM

R320, she’s had some new teeth put in, too. Is there a nee underbite? Probably has bone loss from years of anorexia.

Her face is horrifying.

by Anonymousreply 327November 30, 2020 10:02 PM

R308 Jeff Bridges did it. Typewriter found by Glenn Close proves it.

Saved someone from wasting two hours of their life

You're welcome

by Anonymousreply 328November 30, 2020 10:16 PM

So much made no sense, and yet the detail I keep coming back to is Jonathan's fake trip to Cleveland. Why? Why mention it at all if it meant nothing?

by Anonymousreply 329November 30, 2020 10:20 PM

You would think with all that was going on Grace would have took her son to school or at least made sure he got there. The grandfather was also very protective of Henry. That was sloppy writing that the kid could just take off with dad like that.

by Anonymousreply 330November 30, 2020 11:59 PM

My favorite part was when Hugh's character was saying "she fucked us!" and then the lawyer told him that it was his fault he lost Grace and he was stupid to not get rid of the hammer.

by Anonymousreply 331December 1, 2020 12:03 AM

I still can't believe Grace was dumb enough to go and sleep with him again

by Anonymousreply 332December 1, 2020 12:07 AM

[quote] I still don't understand why the husband let Hugh grants character into his house to hold the kid. It made zero sense.

No kidding. He should've held the husband. THAT was the twist this show needed.

by Anonymousreply 333December 1, 2020 12:11 AM

Yeah, and why is a man who is not the bio father of the baby even allowed to keep her? Didn't the dead woman have any relatives who could step in and take her? No friends?

by Anonymousreply 334December 1, 2020 3:08 AM

Didn't the High Court of Datalounge-and-Gilead already sentence Grace to eighteen years of raising her husband's bastard?

by Anonymousreply 335December 1, 2020 4:19 AM

The wig is innocent?

by Anonymousreply 336December 1, 2020 7:30 AM

In the book, Elena was pregnant AGAIN with another child of Jonathan’s, and he didn’t want her to mess up his family. Also, in the book, the son Henry is NEVER shown to be the possible murderer or. To be involved in the death in any way.

BTW, what was up with the painting of Grace that Elena did? Is that just proof that she was as crazy as everyone else?

by Anonymousreply 337December 1, 2020 7:34 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338December 1, 2020 7:54 AM

I still think Hugh is pretty attractive and did the most with the script compared to the others. Then again he was the only one who didn't have to disguise his accent. Well Donald Sutherland the corksucker also.

by Anonymousreply 339December 1, 2020 2:04 PM

Can you imagine anyone seeing a rough cut of this and thinking: "I know the perfect song for the opening credits, Dream a Little Dream of Me!"

by Anonymousreply 340December 1, 2020 2:07 PM

SHUT UP! IT WAS THE ONLY SONG I SANG REASONABLY WELL!!! (after autotuning, of course...)

by Anonymousreply 341December 1, 2020 3:00 PM

I could knit a fucking sweater from all the loose ends they left hanging in this disappointing and ridiculous show.

by Anonymousreply 342December 1, 2020 3:41 PM

Sutherland pronounced another word weirdly on the finale, like he did with “cocksucker.” He’s fucking CANADIAN and has worked in the US for decades. What was up with that?

by Anonymousreply 343December 1, 2020 3:53 PM

R343 He was wigged.

by Anonymousreply 344December 1, 2020 4:12 PM

r338 That green fucking gown. Nicole Kidman looks like she's dressed to pose for Dante Rossetti.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345December 1, 2020 4:46 PM

Have we talked abut Sutherland's insane insect eyebrows yet?

Canadians talk funny.

by Anonymousreply 346December 1, 2020 5:30 PM

Sutherland called Hugh a "mownster" in the last episode. I guess that's to what r343 alludes.

And yes, his eyebrows, big competition for Nicole's wig!

by Anonymousreply 347December 1, 2020 6:07 PM

In the final episode, Franklin tells Grace she’s always been able to see things for what they are, and he can’t believe she can’t see her husband for the sicko that he is.

But in a previous episode he has to gently correct her because she thought her parents had such a wonderful marriage.

So which is it?

by Anonymousreply 348December 1, 2020 7:09 PM

I think his eyebrows were a tribute to the wonderful late actor Donald Moffat’s eyebrows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349December 1, 2020 7:37 PM

I cracked up when Grace suddenly got a PhD from Harvard....UNIVERSITY (ever hear of it?)

This show would've been so much better if it emphasized Grace had written a book that essentially blamed women for ignoring red flags in relationships. That was not clear AT ALL...and it made the title and overall plot idiotic.

by Anonymousreply 350December 1, 2020 10:30 PM

I had no idea that Noah Jupe was the son of the recipient of this beloved vicious face-slapping.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351December 1, 2020 10:39 PM

All the red herrings were more interesting than the actual main plot. The court scenes were BORING. It's not the actors or the director, they tried. The scenes and dialogue that kelley wrote were not interesting. I don't think the director had the power to tell kelley to rework that snooze of a ending.

by Anonymousreply 352December 2, 2020 2:28 AM

As was mentioned before, I loved when the defense lawyer kept objecting and crumpled in frustration every time she was over-ruled.

Angry Black woman!

by Anonymousreply 353December 2, 2020 11:38 PM

Since it was so silly throughout, it needed some incredible twist to make it satisfying.

by Anonymousreply 354December 2, 2020 11:39 PM

The black woman played Hermione in the Harry Potter play in the West End and on Broadway

by Anonymousreply 355December 3, 2020 4:06 AM

R1. You have never been in some of the great Apartments on Fifth and Park Avenues and Central Park West. They are amazing and look very much like the one depicted.

by Anonymousreply 356December 3, 2020 1:24 PM

I really want SNL next week to do a sketch called The Un2ing with Timothee Chalamet as a young adult Henry and Chloe Fineman as Grace, slipping in and out of coats and accents.

by Anonymousreply 357December 3, 2020 9:57 PM

With all the Brits in this, it should've been called The Uncut.

by Anonymousreply 358December 4, 2020 12:33 AM

This meme in this Twitter thread re Nicole cracked me up because it's true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359December 4, 2020 1:01 AM

Ismael Cruz Córdova Is so hot

by Anonymousreply 360December 5, 2020 2:29 PM

I will miss The Undoing and the Wig, but Your Honor on Showtime will be the replacement.

Goodbye sweet wig, we hardly knew ye.

by Anonymousreply 361December 6, 2020 6:50 PM

this is hilarious

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362December 6, 2020 8:25 PM

I've switched to The Flight Attendant. It's the trashy fun this should have been.

by Anonymousreply 363December 6, 2020 8:28 PM

Thank you, R362, love it!

by Anonymousreply 364December 8, 2020 4:14 AM

Possibly the worst show I've seen since the pandemic started. All the characters are cold and mean; Nicole Kidman's concept of acting is to either frown, or frown a lot; the writing is dismally bad; it was obvious from the beginning who the killer was; and the direction was pretentious and sloppy. All around failure.

by Anonymousreply 365December 10, 2020 2:46 PM

I just finished the finale. While I would have loved Jonathan to jump, it’s true a narcissist wouldn’t do that. I do think some of the theories from this thread were more interesting. Q. Why did Grace, a psychologist never notice that she was married to a person like this? Q. Why did Elena have a portrait of Grace? Q. Did Jonathan have a plan for the last visit to the studio or did things just escalate? Why did Elena want to hang out with Grace so badly.

Hugh was terrifying in the scene in the studio. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 366December 14, 2020 11:31 AM

I like your questions, r366, and I'd also like to know the answers.

by Anonymousreply 367December 14, 2020 1:19 PM

Is this the look Nicole was going for with that wig and coat?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368December 14, 2020 2:51 PM

Yes, R368...

But they decided they had to go cheaper in order to pay for a helicopter rental for the finale.

by Anonymousreply 369December 14, 2020 3:14 PM

R366, some Reddit commentator suggested that the story would have made more sense if Jonathan had originally planned to kill Grace, not Elena. That would explain his bogus "Cleveland trip" (he was setting up an alibi) and Elena's erratic behavior towards Grace: at first she was triumphant, taunting her--she'd won!--but then became increasingly guilt-ridden and obsessed as the day for the crime approached. Her unanswered phone calls to Grace were meant to warn her. Jonathan then decided that having a rich, stupid wife was better than an unstable hot one who might very well talk, and killed Elena. He went to her studio that night intending to provoke her, in order to make it easier for him to kill her, because he was, after all, rather fond of her.

But that wasn't meant to be.

by Anonymousreply 370December 14, 2020 3:32 PM

Hugh can still get it, maybe his character's instability at the end made me forget about his worn appearance.

by Anonymousreply 371December 14, 2020 4:23 PM

Hugh Grant is too smart a business men to have taken on too many actually great acting jobs, IMO. It's like he never needed to. He had a handful of disasters in the late 90s when Liz Hurley was trying to be a producer but Hugh's own perpetual diffidence and self-directed irony indicates that he knows he hasn't had Colin Firth's (Weinstein-blessed) career in all that Oscar bait.

Trashy as The Undoing was, he was the best thing about it. He has had something of a comeback since Florence Foster Jenkins and Paddington 2 so long may it continue.

by Anonymousreply 372December 14, 2020 6:38 PM

I like Hugh a lot. A lot of people still see him as the loveable, foppish leading man from Notting Hill, Four Weddings etc, even after Divine Brown! He's always said he's more like Daniel Cleaver in Bridget Jones than William Thacker. He is a good choice to have played Johnathan in that sense because of his charm, so maybe it was the audience who should have known better!

by Anonymousreply 373December 14, 2020 7:34 PM

Hugh is the only part of this travesty that deserves award recognition.

Nicole's WIG should get an honorary mention, perhaps.

by Anonymousreply 374December 14, 2020 9:56 PM

BUMP

by Anonymousreply 375December 19, 2020 9:12 PM

Thanks for the link. Can someone link to PART ONE, please?

by Anonymousreply 376December 19, 2020 9:14 PM

Very late to this but I just binged watch yesterday. Found in very riveting. Hugh's character remind me very much Drumpf.

by Anonymousreply 377December 20, 2020 1:58 PM

The gorgeous young lady who played Elena went on Instagram to display her ssues with acne flare-ups. Good for her for doing this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378December 21, 2020 3:35 AM

[quote]The gorgeous young lady who played Elena went on Instagram to display her ssues with acne flare-ups. Good for her for doing this.

"Good for her"? She's angling for compliments ('I wish my acne looked this hot!1!!') and free dermatological service.

by Anonymousreply 379December 22, 2020 3:03 PM

If they had only had Grace say “that’s where you were going with your “conferences.”” when Jonathan admitted to using the beach house for the affair the planned Cleveland trip would have made sense.

I am with r296 on the ridiculousness of all the walking across the park when everything occurs on the East side!

Walking around 103rd street in the middle of the night doesn’t bother me, but who wouldn’t go home and change out of the gown and heels first?

by Anonymousreply 380December 24, 2020 8:29 PM

[quote]R366 Q. Why did Grace, a psychologist never notice that she was married to a person like this?

Well, I’m sure it’s happened. And the characters talk about that phenomenon of seeing your partner the way we wish they were.

[quote]Q. Why did Elena have a portrait of Grace?

I think she took a pic outside the school on the sly and worked from that. Grace was her rival, so she must have thought about her a lot.

[quote] Q. Did Jonathan have a plan for the last visit to the studio or did things just escalate?

I think the latter. The mistress pushed things too far by befriending his wife.

[quote]Q: Why did Elena want to hang out with Grace so badly?

Not sure about this. I don’t get why Elena was so distraught and sorrowful. This might have made sense if she’d been dumped already, but the affair was ongoing. Maybe raising Hugh’s baby without him was getting her down.

As for myself, I HATED the ending. They went to such lengths to create multiple characters who could be the killer for intriguing reasons.... then it turns out it’s the most obvious person all along????

by Anonymousreply 381December 25, 2020 7:29 AM

I'm just going to leave this here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382December 26, 2020 10:09 PM

^LOL

by Anonymousreply 383January 6, 2021 7:37 PM

R382 - He's brilliant. Wobbly wobbly woo. Lmao.

by Anonymousreply 384January 6, 2021 7:50 PM

Holy shit- I was late to the party on this one. I posted around Thanksgiving about Episodes 1&2 which I just watched.

Try scrolling down these threads while trying not to look!!!!!

I am only on Episode 3 as of 1/9 but do not like this Episode 3, at all. I FUCKING LOVED the first two episodes. This is boring, but I can tell it will get better.

All I can say is something is surely up with Jill Clayburgh's daughter....

I do not feel the husband did this, AT ALL.

And some cunt (when I had to search here for a thread) said something like SPOILER!!!!! possibly..... don't read below....

Nicole Kidman did it.

I cannot fathom how this is true. Even if they do some kind of Memento like flashback.. or the whole thing is her in a coma, dreaming of the past....

Anyway. I have not read ANY responses in Thread 2 and most of Thread 1.

We will see where this goes.

Nicole's wardrobe must have cost 400K easily. I love her goddamned eye veins. They ARE their own character.

by Anonymousreply 385January 9, 2021 10:44 PM

R385 don’t watch. It doesn’t get better. You’ll hate it.

by Anonymousreply 386January 9, 2021 11:19 PM

R386- You were NOT kidding. This show went from a 9 to a 5 in the matter of 2-3 episodes...

For some reason I had no idea it was sourced from a novel and so many people already knew the outcome.

The only thing I will give it is that I never though the killer was the killer. It was too obvious. Then I see how shitty the writing was to actually accomplish this feat.

The ending of the 5th episode with the ukulele case (lol) was PURE FUCKING SOAP OPERA.

I was so wrong about Jill Clayburgh Jr as well. Her role (like the series) went from hot to not as well.

Gorgeous looking show, enjoyable performances. Pure gloss and shitty writing.

And I don't think I have seen anyone hotter than that the Ramirez guy who played the cop. And yes, the cops were also unbelievable.

The defense attorney was hilarious too. Loved her until her melodramatic body movements in the courtroom scenes. WHAT DIRECTOR WOULD ALLOW THAT??? The actress gave off a controlled and evil vibe (reminded me of Robin Wright in House of Cards) and then she flails her body down on the chair. It was ludicrous.

Disappointing. And I agree with many. This should have been 2-3 episodes? It was ultimately pointless.

by Anonymousreply 387January 10, 2021 6:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!