Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Did you consider Michael Jackson a sex symbol?

Some seem to have, and according to some pop culture experts, he became a solidified “sex symbol” with his “You Are Not Alone” video with Lisa Marie Presley, where he lays around half naked.

I was only 8 when that song came out, so I am not sure, but did you think so?

I did used to love this song. My mom would play it all the time (she always loved Michael, but won’t listen to him now because she believes he molested those boys). It’s sad because she would still listen to him regularly until that documentary came out and she was convinced he did it. Before that she gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47Last Friday at 2:46 PM

NO. NEVER.

Least sexy person on the planet OMG.

by Anonymousreply 111/15/2020

No. I always wanted to know what colour his dick was.

Perhaps, I should have tried when I was a 'fresher' flower.

by Anonymousreply 211/15/2020

No, he was never a sex symbol.

by Anonymousreply 311/15/2020

No, absolutely unsexy. I remember that video & MJs nudity got some flak at the time. He had the body of a ten year old white boy. I was a bit repulsed by the video.

by Anonymousreply 411/15/2020

Lisa Marie looked great though

by Anonymousreply 511/15/2020

MJ had a white boys frame. He was never thick. Always thin framed. He was just black.

by Anonymousreply 611/15/2020

She does look great in this. He is repellent.

by Anonymousreply 711/15/2020

Fuck no! Are you kidding?!

by Anonymousreply 811/15/2020

Blech. No. God, no.

by Anonymousreply 911/15/2020

Peter Pan was not a sex symbol.

by Anonymousreply 1011/15/2020

Michael was sexy for about fifteen minutes in the late 70s before he started the plastic surgery and skin whitening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1111/15/2020

ahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1211/15/2020

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 1311/15/2020

Eewwww!

by Anonymousreply 1411/15/2020

No..

by Anonymousreply 1511/15/2020

Duh. Of course. We all did.

by Anonymousreply 1611/15/2020

Noted white woman Michael Jackson was quite a sex symbol indeed.

by Anonymousreply 1711/15/2020

R10- You mean Peter PANSY.

by Anonymousreply 1811/15/2020

Noooooooooooooo!

by Anonymousreply 1911/15/2020

OP, are you retarded? NO! And his attempts at trying to come off as "sexy" were met with contempt or laughter and deservedly so. It makes sense why--he was secretly thinking of banging 8 year olds.

by Anonymousreply 2011/15/2020

So many layers of irony in OP's post. "U r Not Alone' was written by R Kelly to Michael Jackson--one pedophile/pederast to an even bigger pedophile.

by Anonymousreply 2111/15/2020

He was kind of homely as a teen until he got that first nose job. Then he became very cute. Not not sexy. He was cute in a neutered sort of way. Then he just got weird.

Fuck you Joe Jackson, for messing his head up.

by Anonymousreply 2211/15/2020

Joe Jackson messed up all of the Jackson children. He and the older Jackson boys would have sex with women while they shared a room with young Michael. So messed up.

by Anonymousreply 2311/15/2020

No, but QUEEN JANET is still a sex symbol, unlike HAGDONNA!

by Anonymousreply 2411/15/2020

He had achieved the exact look he wanted when this video was filmed. What year was it again? Shame he couldn’t just stop there with the procedures and kept going until he looked like a freak. He had severe body dysmorphia (among other issues.p, obviously.)

by Anonymousreply 2511/15/2020

Yes, he was, for a brief time during the Thriller era and probably the album that came after it (the one that had The Way You Make Me Feel).

by Anonymousreply 2611/15/2020

R25 1995

by Anonymousreply 2711/15/2020

I actually had wanted to start a thread on this the other day but figured I'd be ridiculed to high heaven. But now that we're here...there is ONE moment when I felt his sexuality was finally bubbling over into a tangible sex energy. I could finally imagine him having sex, and it was kinda hot. It was the video for "In The Closet" where he and Naomi Campbell are gyrating and grinding. This video is overtly sexual. Not even kinda sorta - it's dripping wet.

He finally arrived at something as close to manliness. And then *poof* it was gone again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2811/15/2020

You can grab your crotch and yell HOOEEEEE all you want. It won't make you sexy.

EEEEHEEEEE!!!

by Anonymousreply 2911/15/2020

From about 1978 until about 1981, Michael was cute, even handsome. But the more he bleached his skin and fucked with his face, he became less attractive. Even during Thriller, he looked too worked on.

He did look good in r28's video, but I attribute that more to Herb Ritts, who was a genius at making everybody look sexy.

by Anonymousreply 3011/15/2020

R30 Do you think Herb Ritts art-designed Michael's whole look in the video? it's the only time MJ has ever been overtly sexy looking. If it was all Ritts, it makes sense why MJ never recreated that level of sexuality again in subsequent work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3111/15/2020

It's sad because Marlon and Jackie aren't that bad looking. Tito and Jermaine have the fucked up plastic surgery faces and Randy is fat. Based on Marlon and Jackie you have to wonder what Michael would look like if he didn't alter his face.

by Anonymousreply 3211/15/2020

Possibly, r31. MJ never seemed to take any risks after Thriller. I think Herb must have convinced him it would work, and he was right. It's the only video of his where MJ looked different from his Bad/Dangerous videos. It was a refreshing change and, true, then it was gone.

by Anonymousreply 3311/15/2020

Ummm...wow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3411/15/2020

I'd hit it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3511/15/2020

^^^He looks like Chicago's Mayor Lightfoot in that picture.

by Anonymousreply 3611/15/2020

R35 Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

by Anonymousreply 3711/15/2020

He looked handsome around the time of thriller

by Anonymousreply 3811/15/2020

I remember seeing it and thinking - who is that woman with Lisa Marie Presley?

by Anonymousreply 3911/15/2020

It’s a shame he didn’t stop messing with himself. He should have stopped after Thriller

by Anonymousreply 40Last Friday at 7:32 AM

He should have stopped after Off the Wall. By Thriller he already looked freakish.

by Anonymousreply 41Last Friday at 7:58 AM

I thought he had a nice butt. Other than that, no, I didn't find him sexy.

by Anonymousreply 42Last Friday at 8:12 AM

Maybe on the Off the Wall album. Possibly in some of the Thriller album vids. Def got weird on/after the Bad album.

by Anonymousreply 43Last Friday at 8:17 AM

I believe he was a sex symbol around the Thriller Billy Jean days. But once his face got lighter, and his overall personna weirder he became post sexual and post racial.

by Anonymousreply 44Last Friday at 8:26 AM

Helmut Berger and Marcello Mastroianni mourning Visconti's death - 1976

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45Last Friday at 10:38 AM

I considered him a freak.

by Anonymousreply 46Last Friday at 1:33 PM

Ew. No.

Not even when he was black.

by Anonymousreply 47Last Friday at 2:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!