Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hated Golden Girls episodes

When Blanche’s daughter Becky gives birth to Aurora. All of the labor screaming is maddening.

by Anonymousreply 255April 22, 2022 10:27 AM

Legion

by Anonymousreply 1November 16, 2020 1:09 AM

1. When Blanche's Daughter Rebecca returns, and is constantly fat shamed. It's just cringe worthy, and in bad taste.

2. "Empty Nest" backdoor pilot. I love Moreno, but that was just...boring and all-arounf awful.

3. The one where Dorothy goes back to seeing Stan. I like them together for comedic value, but it's just gross, that she would go back to having sex with him, after all they'd been through.

by Anonymousreply 2November 16, 2020 1:28 AM

*all-around awful

by Anonymousreply 3November 16, 2020 1:28 AM

the dreaded henny penny episode. horrible

also Mr. Terrific was pretty terrible

by Anonymousreply 4November 16, 2020 1:56 AM

The one with blind Flo.

by Anonymousreply 5November 16, 2020 2:01 AM

The Mario Lopez episode.

by Anonymousreply 6November 16, 2020 2:02 AM

Little Sven

by Anonymousreply 7November 16, 2020 2:03 AM

The one with Dorothy being a side piece. Totally out of a character and depressing.

by Anonymousreply 8November 16, 2020 2:04 AM

You Gotta Have Dope

by Anonymousreply 9November 16, 2020 2:06 AM

I mean Hope

by Anonymousreply 10November 16, 2020 2:06 AM

The boxer!

by Anonymousreply 11November 16, 2020 2:08 AM

Sonny Bono & Lyle Wagoner

by Anonymousreply 12November 16, 2020 2:16 AM

The failed Empty Nest pilot, Mr. Terrific

All of the maudlin ones - Not Another Monday, Brother Can You Spare That Jacket, the homeless soup kitchen episode...I’m sure I’m forgetting more.

I actually like the Henny Penny episode.

by Anonymousreply 13November 16, 2020 2:16 AM

I've always liked Not Another Monday. The actress who played the suicidal woman always gets to me.

by Anonymousreply 14November 16, 2020 2:24 AM

R14 I like it too. Geraldine Fitzgerald was a legend. I keep meaning to see more of her films.

by Anonymousreply 15November 16, 2020 6:00 AM

Another positive vote for "Not Another Monday." Perfect blend of laughs and serious subject matter. All four of the main characters are served well by the script and get moments to shine. Great all around, and one of my automatic go-to episodes when I want something to watch. I also love "A Visit from Little Sven." ("What's this boat she keeps talking about?" "Don't worry, Rose. You missed it.")

My hated ones, besides the aforementioned Empty Nest pilot, homeless one, blind Flo, Bob Hope, and Mr. Terrific:

- On Golden Girls - Blanche's grandson is too annoying and the story is too serious.

- The Truth Will Out - Rose's nasty bitch daughter Kirsten gives her hell about Charlie's will.

- Before and After - Rose moving out before realizing her new roommates don't want to be friends--the whole thing is so depressing.

- Wham Bam Thank You Mammy - Mammy Watkins sucked and was a terrible person, and Ruby Dee seemed embarrassed to be playing her (understandably so; other than the Mammy Eisenhower joke, the whole plot was embarrassing). Turning Big Daddy into a cheater after Cherry and Wooten had already turned George into one was just depressing.

- Where's Charlie? - I don't mind the Bull Durham plot, but Rose's storyline makes her look even dumber than usual, and Sophia is a complete asshole to her. It really was the meanest thing she ever did to her. (Season 7 really turned Sophia into a nasty troll.)

Plenty of others I don't like, but probably not enough to hate (The Housekeeper, which I find embarrassing; the Dick Van Dyke episode, which is dumb and has too much of him, and he's not funny; Barbara Thorndyke; Cheaters, where Blanche and Sophia get conned at the mall...)

by Anonymousreply 16November 16, 2020 7:03 AM

The one where it was revealed that Dorothy was really a woman.

by Anonymousreply 17November 16, 2020 7:05 AM

- Also not crazy about And Ma Makes Three (too sad, and I can't watch Sophia ruin Dorothy's relationship, though the Sonya Klingenhoffer bit saves it) or Larceny and Old Lace (the diary subplot saves it, but it has way too much Mickey Rooney, and he's so annoying).

by Anonymousreply 18November 16, 2020 7:10 AM

Rita Moreno Empty Nest episode. I always skip that one. Horrific.

by Anonymousreply 19November 16, 2020 7:23 AM

The Fat Becky episode is iconic!

by Anonymousreply 20November 16, 2020 7:25 AM

All of them

by Anonymousreply 21November 16, 2020 8:27 AM

The 2 episodes that close the series. It’s too emotional to watch.

by Anonymousreply 22November 16, 2020 10:17 PM

Mister Terrific ranks right up there.

by Anonymousreply 23November 17, 2020 7:42 AM

I actually love Blanche Delivers (the one OP mentions)

The one with fat Rebecca however is awful. Actually, season 3 saw a steep decline in my opinion — the first half was so good and the second half as so many of my least favorite episodes (one that has yet to be mentioned, the one where Rose’s boyfriend retires and wants to sail around the world. DUMB — except for the Dorothy joke where a guy jumps overboard.)

Most of my least favorite episodes come in second half of s3, and seasons 4 and 5. I love the last two seasons.

by Anonymousreply 24November 17, 2020 7:51 AM

R22 I never watch them because I keep watching other episodes and I don’t want to see the ending of the show.

by Anonymousreply 25November 17, 2020 8:26 AM

Empty Nest pilot, homeless shelter episode, clip shows (the ones with real clips), Rose thinking Bob Hope is her father, etc.

by Anonymousreply 26November 17, 2020 8:33 AM

Any episode with Big Daddy, Nancy Walker, or young Dorothy and Sophia.

And of course the insane backdoor pilot.

by Anonymousreply 27November 17, 2020 10:43 AM

Rita Moreno episode. End discussion.

--Dorrow-shee

by Anonymousreply 28November 17, 2020 10:48 AM

I love Nancy Walker as Angela!

by Anonymousreply 29November 18, 2020 12:42 AM

"What do I look like? Conan the Barbarian?"

by Anonymousreply 30November 18, 2020 1:18 AM

Eddie Bracken=vomit

by Anonymousreply 31November 18, 2020 1:40 AM

I hated the episode about Rose and her new beach friends. Rose was a real asshole in that episode. Dorothy and Blanche should never have welcomed that selfish bitch back into the house.

by Anonymousreply 32November 18, 2020 9:04 AM

Doro-shee is really the nadir.

Honorable mention: the horrifically unfunny Mr. Terrific and the painfully earnest homeless shelter episode.

by Anonymousreply 33November 18, 2020 12:08 PM

Controversial opinion: Mr Terrific isn't THAT bad.

Empty Nests is but maybe it shouldn't count since it's a backdoor pilot.

Of the standard episodes, I'd say maybe Blind Ambitions is the worst one...

But I need to jog my memory.

by Anonymousreply 34November 18, 2020 12:10 PM

R7 I had the Little Sven episode too. The sudden appearance by that domineering Swedish cunt made me want to throw something through the TV.

by Anonymousreply 35November 18, 2020 12:35 PM

The murder mystery weekend because it makes zero sense and that is saying a lot for the Golden Girls.

by Anonymousreply 36November 18, 2020 12:37 PM

The Russia episode. It felt like the show was sputtering at that point.

by Anonymousreply 37November 18, 2020 12:40 PM

[quote]The murder mystery weekend because it makes zero sense and that is saying a lot for the Golden Girls.

No, that one was a classic!

by Anonymousreply 38November 18, 2020 12:55 PM

Classic, perhaps... but you could drive a truck through the plot holes.

by Anonymousreply 39November 18, 2020 12:58 PM

Yeah... but you have to go with it. How many people are murdered in Cabot Cove.

The girls are all in character in that episode so the absurdity of a murder works better than some other episodes.

by Anonymousreply 40November 18, 2020 1:01 PM

[quote] Cheaters, where Blanche and Sophia get conned at the mall...)

That episode had one of my favorite lines.

“He called me an oldster!! I called him a pig.

We’re going out on Saturday night.”

It was more Rue’s delivery than the line.

by Anonymousreply 41November 18, 2020 1:55 PM

There's only one correct answer: The stupid episode that served as some sort of pilot for Empty Nest.

by Anonymousreply 42November 18, 2020 2:06 PM

Nobody mentioned the episode with the pregnant girl who we hadn’t seen before or for the remainder of the series?

by Anonymousreply 43November 18, 2020 2:07 PM

R43 I hate the MARY pregnancy episode.

by Anonymousreply 44November 18, 2020 10:15 PM

I thought the B-plot of the Pregnancy ep where Sophia was convinced that the guy's dog ate her friend Ida was silly, but Estelle really sold it.

by Anonymousreply 45November 18, 2020 10:18 PM

The Pilot.

Rose's AIDS Scare.

Harvey Wallbanger Suicide Episode.

Dr. Budd/Blanche, the Great Southern Writer 2-Parter.

MARY Pregnancy.

Empty Nest Pilot.

Ken Howard Treats Blanche "Like A Lady."

by Anonymousreply 46November 18, 2020 10:22 PM

Dorothy Gets Sophia A "Job," But She's Really In Daycare For Oldsters.

by Anonymousreply 47November 18, 2020 10:28 PM

I don’t care for the Ham Lushbow episode. Like Blanche would waste 5 seconds on him after seeing how fat and ugly he was.

by Anonymousreply 48November 18, 2020 10:31 PM

Anyone remember the DL thread where we listed all the characters fucked over by the GGs?

by Anonymousreply 49November 18, 2020 10:52 PM

Any of the Sophia centered episodes I hated. She was a supporting character who should come in and out of a scene. When the focus was on her it was usually about death. I hated those episodes.

by Anonymousreply 50November 18, 2020 10:58 PM

Mr Terrific Dorothy dating the Beatles guy Empty Nest Chronic fatigue Roses blind sister I hate the one where Big Daddy dies. The whole weekend rental story was stupid. Especially them letting someone eat of Blanches commemorative plate.

by Anonymousreply 51November 18, 2020 11:07 PM

[quote] Rose's AIDS Scare.

I have to disagree here. Hindsight reveals this as a very heavy-handed episode, but when it originally aired it was sorely needed and wasn’t considered too heavy at all.

Blanche’s “AIDS is not a bad person’s disease, Rose. It’s not god punishing people for their sins” speech was what people needed to hear then. I’m not saying the world changed because of it, but people DID consider AIDS a “bad person’s disease” and that those who got it deserved it.

This opened some eyes about the AIDS epidemic that was raging at that very scary time.

by Anonymousreply 52November 18, 2020 11:07 PM

R50 I totally agree. Unless they were very light and broad like the Nun episode or the Caesar Romero episode.

But I LOVE the fake Beatles episode.

by Anonymousreply 53November 18, 2020 11:47 PM

The Meals on wheels episode with the left over hippie.

by Anonymousreply 54November 18, 2020 11:57 PM

The Jeopardy episode was pointless with a really lame payoff.

The two part Monkey Show.

The "Jo Mama!" episode.

The last episode, which betrays the entire point of the series.

by Anonymousreply 55November 18, 2020 11:57 PM

[quote]- The Truth Will Out - Rose's nasty bitch daughter Kirsten gives her hell about Charlie's will.

I always skip this one

[quote]- Before and After - Rose moving out before realizing her new roommates don't want to be friends--the whole thing is so depressing.

I think this is my most hated episode.

[quote]Nobody mentioned the episode with the pregnant girl who we hadn’t seen before or for the remainder of the series?

What was the point of this episode? The first time I saw it I expected to find out it was a failed backdoor pilot.

[quote]I hate the one where Big Daddy dies. The whole weekend rental story was stupid. Especially them letting someone eat of Blanches commemorative plate.

Just a blah episode.

I’ll add two of my own:

“Brother, Can You Spare That Jacket”

The girls win the lottery, Blanche hides the winning ticket in a jacket that Sophia accidentally donates to charity so they go to a homeless shelter to find it.

“Old Friends”

Sophia’s new friend on the boardwalk has Alzheimer’s. (the B plot is a girl holding Rose’s teddy. Ear for ransom)

by Anonymousreply 56November 19, 2020 12:11 AM

I know it's a sitcom but I hate no build up to episodes like the ep with the deli guy who want to sail around the world and Rose telling him she loves him when this was the only time he was ever on, she loves him but he was never seen before or after this episode???

by Anonymousreply 57November 19, 2020 12:32 AM

Was the pregnant teen another backdoor pilot episode?

by Anonymousreply 58November 19, 2020 12:55 AM

The Miles in the witness protection program episodes were hands down the worst. Awful storyline and piss poor continuity. Were we just supposed to forget the last season that Miles wasn't even his real name?

by Anonymousreply 59November 19, 2020 1:22 AM

And that holdup scene with the cheeseman ugh. People bitch about Bea reading her Dr. Budd monologue off cue cards , but she underplayed this scene much worse. A rail thin cop is holding a gun to a man who could easily subdue her and you casually stroll into the kitchen like you're making dinner reservations at an upscale restaurant?

HATED this whole witness protection storyline.

by Anonymousreply 60November 19, 2020 1:25 AM

Golden Girls airs for like eight straight hours every Sunday. I often leave my TV tuned to it if I’m home and doing housework, laundry, loafing about, etc. The Mickey Rooney episode is really the only one that will always make me switch the channel or turn off the TV.

by Anonymousreply 61November 19, 2020 1:37 AM

R61 hate that episode too. In general I can’t stand the episodes (generally the middle seasons) that were all “oh, Sophia is so cute and she’s more wild and active than someone a fraction her age!” Ie the Days and night’s of Sophia Petrillo. And making jokes about “NyQuil Shooters”...groan.

In the early seasons she was a pretty authentic crusty older woman and by the last two seasons she was just a mean old cunt (which I know many don’t like here, but at least it was funny and not quite so dated and vaudevillian.)

by Anonymousreply 62November 19, 2020 1:56 AM

Any episode used to try to demonstrate the show is superior to "Designing Women."

by Anonymousreply 63November 19, 2020 2:17 AM

The episode where Rose moves into a new apartment with rude and distant roommates was very depressing. It was well acted on White's part. I could feel Rose's loneliness through the screen. It also made me think of middle aged/elderly women in real life going through the same thing and made me even more depressed. That's why I don't like it except for Betty's acting.

by Anonymousreply 64November 19, 2020 2:42 AM

[QUOTE] Any episode used to try to demonstrate the show is superior to "Designing Women."

That's ANY episode.

EVEN Empty Nests.

by Anonymousreply 65November 19, 2020 5:18 AM

There's a few duds. Though tellingly even some of the names being thrown here are ones I enjoy.

There are way more episodes of Designing Women that I can't stand and actually make me angry. At least Dorothy never drove into a newsstand.

by Anonymousreply 66November 19, 2020 5:41 AM

R16, Barbara Thorndyke? You seriously don't like the Barbara Thorndyke episode?

I came here to have a civil conversation, but now I will just say, "Good day to you, Sir."

I Said, "Good Day!"

by Anonymousreply 67November 19, 2020 10:06 AM

Face it, R67: R16 is limited.

by Anonymousreply 68November 19, 2020 10:14 AM

isn't the Mary Pregnancy episode (where Doroshee diddles her while she's listening to her Walkman) the same one with Rita Moreno? The worst episode ever.

by Anonymousreply 69November 19, 2020 11:43 AM

How could the dog have eaten Ida?

by Anonymousreply 70November 19, 2020 12:34 PM

The Mary pregnancy episode is awful overall, but Dorothy telling Mary’s father a St. Olaf story was delicious.

by Anonymousreply 71November 19, 2020 12:42 PM

.... all of them to me!

by Anonymousreply 72November 19, 2020 12:52 PM

All of them!

by Anonymousreply 73November 19, 2020 1:11 PM

Add another vote for the Rita Moreno episode. I thought her character was unreasonable. She wants her husband to spend more time with her and her cuckoo brother?

by Anonymousreply 74November 19, 2020 1:16 PM

Miles as a college English professor? He was an accountant; what could he possibly teach? What about his educational background? This makes zero sense, even for a sitcom.

by Anonymousreply 75November 19, 2020 3:21 PM

R43 and R44, I especially hate the Mary pregnancy episode because when Mary shows up, they are all greeting her like she's appeared before and I was wracking my brain trying to figure out if she'd been on before.

She hadn't.

by Anonymousreply 76November 19, 2020 3:25 PM

The extended scene in the supermarket about Sophia and a tangerine goes on and on. For Christ's sake, a little of Sophia's orneriness goes a long way.

And then conducting a band on the beach? For Christ's sake.

by Anonymousreply 77November 19, 2020 3:27 PM

Nobody's mentioned Bob Hope as Rose's father?🌹Cringetastic!

by Anonymousreply 78November 19, 2020 3:32 PM

R77 here. Sorry, it was a nectarine.

by Anonymousreply 79November 19, 2020 3:36 PM

I guess they were too busy discussing Don Ameche as Rose's father, R78. Double cringetastic!

by Anonymousreply 80November 19, 2020 3:37 PM

She loves you yah yah yah yah

by Anonymousreply 81November 19, 2020 5:35 PM

Polly Holiday would've been more believable if she'd played Rose's sister as "Flo" from "Alice"

And her over-enunciation of every word in an attempt to hide her Southern accent was excruciating - and pointless - her accent didn't sound remotely Minnesotan

by Anonymousreply 82November 21, 2020 1:51 AM

I hated the flash back episodes, the ladies would sit around the table in the kitchen and they would show clips from previous episodes, Blanche, remember when ......

by Anonymousreply 83November 21, 2020 2:04 AM

Picture it.....

by Anonymousreply 84November 21, 2020 6:39 AM

I just watched the grab that dough episode on CMT. I love Nancy the hotel desk clerk!

by Anonymousreply 85November 21, 2020 8:12 AM

Anyone else never watched or could stand this god damned show?

by Anonymousreply 86November 21, 2020 8:42 AM

The episode where Rose wins "Woman of the Year" and they travel to St Olaf.

I never watch it so I'm fuzzy on details

by Anonymousreply 87November 21, 2020 8:55 AM

R87, Rose hater?

by Anonymousreply 88November 21, 2020 9:14 AM

R83, some of those episodes showed clips from prior episodes, but most were new scenes that were introduced in flashback.

They sometimes had ideas that would work but wouldn’t support a whole episode, so they did these types of episodes to use that idea.

by Anonymousreply 89November 21, 2020 12:27 PM

The clip episode where Sophia is acting as real estate agent selling the house to the asian guy. The girls walked in on Sophia selling the house. No one noticed the For Sale sign? Stupid.

by Anonymousreply 90November 21, 2020 2:05 PM

Blanche DOES notice the For Sale sign. It's the first thing she mentions when she walks in the door, blaming "those Donaldson boys."

by Anonymousreply 91November 21, 2020 2:06 PM

R91. NO. They walked into the house and only after they question what Sophia is doing and mentions the For Sale sign, then Blanche opens the front door, looks at the sign she walked by a few minutes ago and then says Those Donaldson boys.

by Anonymousreply 92November 21, 2020 2:44 PM

I thought the Lyle/Sonny cameos should have been in another episode. It drew focus and screen time from Blanche's brilliant storyline. Did Rue submit this for Emmy?

by Anonymousreply 93November 21, 2020 3:14 PM

The last episode should have been Sophia's death.

Blanche could have demanded she gets up on ladders to clean ontop of the kitchen cabinets. Rose unwittingly lets that hound Dreyfus in and he knocks the ladders, sending The Raisin In Sneakers flying!

That old lady whom Sophia promised to visit every week and then never saw again can attend the funeral and drop-kick the coffin.

Dorothy blames both and subsequently moves out, symbolically smashing their cheesecake plate

by Anonymousreply 94November 21, 2020 3:44 PM

R92 another character(s) we never saw! did Blanche ever fuck them?

by Anonymousreply 95November 21, 2020 4:58 PM

The Donaldson boys usually stuck real estate signs up Blanche's ass, so that's why she was mad.

by Anonymousreply 96November 21, 2020 10:13 PM

Loved all of them.

by Anonymousreply 97November 21, 2020 10:16 PM

Ugh. I forgot the Martin Mull shut-in episode. That's definitely on my most hated list.

Unpopular opinion, but I actually like the pregnant Mary episode. Dorothy was the character they always had the most trouble generating stories for, because she was more grounded and realistic than the others. So most of her episodes were about her relationship with Stan, or completely random shit (like getting involved with shut-ins), or character traits we'd never heard of before or would again (she wants to be a stand-up comic! she had a gambling addiction!). Far fewer were based on who she was as a person and her established personality and background. But one thing we knew from episode one was that she was a pregnant teenager, and this is the only episode that really does anything with that and explore what that was like for her, especially in her relationship with Sal (a later flashback at least showed how she told Sophia). I don't care about Mary (though the girls constantly had friends and love interests showing up who we'd never seen before who the characters acted like they'd known forever). But she's irrelevant. The story is about Dorothy, and that's why I like it. (And her telling a St. Olaf story is hilarious, as is every bit of the Merrill plot. "She is stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid!"

by Anonymousreply 98November 22, 2020 4:21 AM

No mention of the two-part Rose heart attack episode, featuring possibly the only thing worse than a cunty Kiersten—a MOPEY cunty Kiersten?

by Anonymousreply 99November 22, 2020 8:00 AM

One thing that was weird was when they did the Valentine's Day episodes and in the flashback with Sophia, Sal and Sophia's father. They are driving a car that is clearly from the 1930's and they are dressed in 1930's clothing. Sophia was born in 1905 and she and Sal should be in their 30's but are played by their main actors who are both in their 60's.

by Anonymousreply 100November 22, 2020 11:10 PM

So? That same actor in her 60s also played a woman in her 80s.

by Anonymousreply 101November 22, 2020 11:24 PM

When the girls traveled to St Olaf and had to take a train, a small plane and a hay wagon. Stupid as fuck it was 1988 not 1908.

by Anonymousreply 102November 22, 2020 11:27 PM

Not in St Olaf it wasn’t.

by Anonymousreply 103November 22, 2020 11:28 PM

The one with the fat daughter because that actress had the worst southern accent I have ever heard. No one speaks like that.

by Anonymousreply 104November 22, 2020 11:32 PM

The one where Rose got one of Sophia's nipples caught between her teeth.

by Anonymousreply 105November 23, 2020 12:06 AM

R101 But at least an effort was made to match the character's age with makeup. While it's easier to make a 60 year old look 80 with makeup than 30, the fact they didn't attempt to de-age the actors or use younger lookalikes like with Dorothy is another example of the show being lazy.

by Anonymousreply 106November 23, 2020 12:25 AM

But then R106 we would have seen Sophia as a tall, voluptuous blonde with a butt like granite

by Anonymousreply 107November 23, 2020 7:25 AM

Did Dorothy’s carpet match the drapes episode was bad.

by Anonymousreply 108November 23, 2020 9:43 AM

I can't believe some dizzy queen upthread hates the Barbara Thorndyke episode. That's got to be one of the best episodes of the entire series.

by Anonymousreply 109November 23, 2020 9:47 AM

Yes, Fat Becky and Barbara Thorndyke are great. I was shocked to see them mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 110November 23, 2020 9:58 AM

Fat Becky. lol I just sat AT Becky.

by Anonymousreply 111November 23, 2020 2:29 PM

The Mr. Terrific episode is great for Dorothy's "They think Freud is a way to cook chicken" line alone.

by Anonymousreply 112November 23, 2020 2:34 PM

'Angie Dickinson is hot...'

by Anonymousreply 113November 23, 2020 2:37 PM

I really don't know how Mr Terrific came to be regarded as one of the worst.

by Anonymousreply 114November 23, 2020 2:38 PM

r85, "Grab That Dough" is definitely one of the best episodes of the entire series. And it gave us this unforgettable line:

I am Miss Angie Dickinson.

by Anonymousreply 115November 24, 2020 9:34 AM

GTD gave us a lot of great lines:

“You ought to make quite a haul with those meat hooks.”

“Better late than...PREGNANT!”

“It not only fries, it boils, it bakes, it simmers...IT STINKS!”

“THE CAR?! WE WON THE CAR!”

by Anonymousreply 116November 24, 2020 11:00 AM

Never understood the hate for the Mary or Not Another Monday episodes. Maybe because I like the b plots so much from those episodes.

The Case of the Machiavelli Curse, Mr. Terrific, The Days and Nights of Sophia Petrillo, Gil Kessler, Rose The Prude, Isaac Newton, Rose's boyfriend retires, Letter to Gorbachev, Jasper Dekimil, Kid Pepe, Bob Hope, Yvonne, Sunny Pastures, Buzz, Rose's monk father, Blanche's abusive relationship, Dorothy works for former student.

Damn, there were a lot more I hated than I thought.

by Anonymousreply 117November 24, 2020 12:39 PM

With that exhaustive list I’m surprised you even watched the show at all.

by Anonymousreply 118November 24, 2020 1:07 PM

Who am I kidding? I still watch them. But it's more background noise when they're on. They don't command my attention like the Barbara Thornedyke or Burt Reynolds episodes.

by Anonymousreply 119November 24, 2020 1:10 PM

R48 , Haven't you ever jacked to the memory of an old lover ?

by Anonymousreply 120November 24, 2020 1:59 PM

I LOVE the Ham Lushbow episode. Sophia had some of the best lines.

by Anonymousreply 121November 24, 2020 4:51 PM

no, i have a poor memory.

by Anonymousreply 122November 24, 2020 4:59 PM

The Case of the Machiavelli Curse is by far in the top 3 worst eps... from Dorothy's goddaughter (who was never mentioned before!) calling Blanche, Aunt Blanche to another one of Sophia's ex fiancés(both of whom have absolutely no accent!)

by Anonymousreply 123November 24, 2020 8:31 PM

The one where the 4 of them are in bed together to keep warm and Sofia shits in the bed.

by Anonymousreply 124November 24, 2020 9:20 PM

She only farted!

by Anonymousreply 125November 24, 2020 9:24 PM

R125 oh that’s what you call it

by Anonymousreply 126November 24, 2020 9:25 PM

[quote]1. When Blanche's Daughter Rebecca returns, and is constantly fat shamed. It's just cringe worthy, and in bad taste.

Bullshit, that was HIGH-STAIR-ick-AL

You must be a chubby to hate that.

[quote]Dorothy: No, Rose. She's depressed because Marblehead Manor is only on once a week.

---- [quote]Rose: So, Becky, what brings you here to Miami?

[quote]Sophia: My guess is a small barge!

----

[quote]Sophia: You're Blanche's daughter, the model? What'd she model, car covers!

by Anonymousreply 127November 24, 2020 9:47 PM

[quote]The one with blind Flo.

Flo was originally cast as Dorothy, till Bea put her big dick into it.

by Anonymousreply 128November 24, 2020 9:48 PM

[quote]The one where it was revealed that Dorothy was really a woman.

Considering Bea Arthur is a man, that was a very good episode.

by Anonymousreply 129November 24, 2020 9:49 PM

[quote]She only farted!

At that age it's never just a fart.

by Anonymousreply 130November 24, 2020 9:55 PM

[quote]The Jeopardy episode was pointless with a really lame payoff.

The Simpsons Jeopardy and Mama's Family Jeopardy were much, MUCH, much funnier.

by Anonymousreply 131November 24, 2020 10:24 PM

In the final scene, where Dorothy is auditioning for a spot on Jeopardy!, the writing on the chalkboard in the background is backward, meaning that the video display was switched.

by Anonymousreply 132November 24, 2020 10:24 PM

The one where Blanche thinks she’s pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 133November 24, 2020 10:43 PM

Dorothy: Mr. Griffin, please. You are the most beloved man in America. You are bright, you are charming, you are the anti-Trump.

by Anonymousreply 134November 24, 2020 10:47 PM

I hated Sofia’s sex troll stores about Sal.

by Anonymousreply 135November 24, 2020 10:48 PM

R133 that won Rue the Emmy!

by Anonymousreply 136November 24, 2020 11:37 PM

[quote] When Blanche's Daughter Rebecca returns, and is constantly fat shamed. It's just cringe worthy, and in bad taste.

Yeah, cause that NEVER happens around here.

by Anonymousreply 137November 25, 2020 12:08 AM

I love the last lines of the Jeopardy episode:

Sophia: People didn't want you at their birthday parties. And they don't want you in their living rooms. (Sophia digs in her purse) Lifesaver?

Dorothy: Ah, go to hell, ma.

by Anonymousreply 138November 25, 2020 12:56 PM

Rue should have got a second Emmy for either the episode George returns or the Rusty Anchor sing off ep. She and Bea did a lot of great work in the later seasons but neither got in. And yet they kept nominating Betty, even for a clipshow episode!

by Anonymousreply 139November 25, 2020 1:24 PM

The one where Sofia thinks she has AIDS but winds up pregnant and the girls debate over cheesecake whether abortion is ethical and Dorothy says her friend Maude had one.

by Anonymousreply 140November 29, 2020 6:10 AM

[quote]Gil Kessler,

[quote]Letter to Gorbachev,

[quote]Yvonne,

[quote]Dorothy works for former student.

These aren’t my favorite episodes but I don’t hate them and don’t skip over them.

Yvonne was past of a fake flashback episode, right?

I just remembered I always skip the Mario Lopez episode, it’s been so long since I’ve watched it that I don’t even remember why I dislike it.

by Anonymousreply 141November 29, 2020 8:43 AM

there’s really only one episode that deserved to be hated. that empty nest episode. whoever wrote that should have been fired.

by Anonymousreply 142November 29, 2020 9:37 AM

R142, promise me you'll never die.

by Anonymousreply 143November 29, 2020 1:57 PM

The Burt Reynolds episode annoys me. It was on TVLand yesterday. Sophia letting them stay in jail just so she could see Reynolds was ridiculous. Blanche would have kicked her Sicilian ass out of the house the next day.

by Anonymousreply 144November 30, 2020 3:34 PM

r144, I love you. I wanted to say that one, but I know it's beloved by so many. But yeah, after pulling that, the old bitch should have been kicked back to Shady Pines immediately. The idea that she wasn't was one of the show's most implausible moments.

by Anonymousreply 145November 30, 2020 3:41 PM

Y’all know it’s a sitcom, right?

A situation COMEDY?

by Anonymousreply 146November 30, 2020 4:14 PM

The one with Estelle Getty.

by Anonymousreply 147November 30, 2020 4:43 PM

I hated the episode where Rose's nasty daughter bashes her for using the money Charlie had left in his will

by Anonymousreply 148November 30, 2020 4:53 PM

They're ESTATE PAPERS, you cunt!

by Anonymousreply 149November 30, 2020 11:40 PM

I’m with you, r148. I watch a sitcom to laugh, not to get angry and irritated over the unmitigated greed of a character.

That was a big problem with sitcoms of the 80s and 90s: too many “very special episodes.”

by Anonymousreply 150December 1, 2020 3:38 PM

r150

She was right though. Rose should not have squandered all the money. Oh she claimed Charlie was broke but who knows? Who really knows?

by Anonymousreply 151December 1, 2020 10:46 PM

her daughter wasn't entitled to jackshit from Charlie

by Anonymousreply 152December 1, 2020 11:26 PM

r152

Of course she was. How do you know Charlie didn't promise her such? Rose isn't smart enough to handle money. She probably burned through it all and made up that lame excuse to cover for her stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 153December 2, 2020 2:26 AM

She spent it all on pickled herring. Only the best for Mrs. Nylund.

by Anonymousreply 154December 2, 2020 3:57 AM

For the Herring Circus?

Surely not to eat, right?

Right?

by Anonymousreply 155December 2, 2020 2:25 PM

Pickled herring really aren't the best acrobats.

by Anonymousreply 156December 2, 2020 2:31 PM

I just thought pickled meant they were drunk.

by Anonymousreply 157December 2, 2020 2:40 PM

Oh, herring would never touch alcohol.

But they love cocaine.

by Anonymousreply 158December 2, 2020 2:44 PM

The one where Blanche dates the blind dude and she takes that nasty old bag Sophia to his apartment as a chaperone, she does nothing but show her up.

by Anonymousreply 159December 3, 2020 4:54 PM

Rose should have reported that old woman when she conned her by pretending to be Rose's dead husband's spirit. That was one nasty trick.

by Anonymousreply 160December 3, 2020 4:56 PM

I hate the Enrocky Mas episode.

by Anonymousreply 161December 4, 2020 12:39 AM

R159, he was paralyzed not blind. Also he phoned in his performance as Ted Turner/Tanner.

by Anonymousreply 162December 4, 2020 12:58 AM

Wheelchair!

by Anonymousreply 163December 4, 2020 12:59 AM

That's JERK in a wheelchair.

by Anonymousreply 164December 4, 2020 1:17 AM

r162, I admit I didn't think he was a very good actor (some of his line readings were off...), but I appreciate the fact that they hired an actor who really was paralyzed and used a wheelchair. Sadly, that appears to be his last acting job. He died 10 years later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165December 4, 2020 3:17 AM

I hated the episode where the Golden Girls old-shamed Sophia and Sophia's boyfriend. Sophia and BF had opened up a restaurant or a food stand, were working their fingers to the bone, and accidentally set fire to the restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 166December 4, 2020 3:28 AM

I didn't know he was really disabled, R165.

Given the circumstances who am I to say how he should have played the part?

by Anonymousreply 167December 4, 2020 3:44 AM

I don't care how fat Rebecca was, Jeremy talked to my child like that he'd be going home in body bag

by Anonymousreply 168December 4, 2020 4:19 AM

Didn't Dorothy's cigarette burn down the kiosk?

by Anonymousreply 169December 4, 2020 7:26 AM

[quote]When Blanche's Daughter Rebecca returns, and is constantly fat shamed. It's just cringe worthy, and in bad taste

I didn't notice it when I was a kid watching on a small TV, but these days you can tell they just padded that actress's sweater, basically giving her a fat suit. It's dumb, and then later when the daughter reappears after having lost weight, they got another actress anyway.

by Anonymousreply 170December 4, 2020 8:10 AM

Wasn't there also an episode where Blanche flirted with a blind guy played by a still handsome Edward Winter? I think he dumps her in the end.

by Anonymousreply 171December 4, 2020 8:21 AM

He dumps her at the end because with the loss of eyesight, his sense of smell is intense and he keeps catching wafts of Sophia's farts

by Anonymousreply 172December 4, 2020 8:32 AM

I can’t stand the “Vacation” episode. Their room shares a bathroom with THREE STRANGERS? And none of the girls or the three guys who were shipwrecked knew there was a five-star resort on the other side of the island? They didn’t see it from the plane?

This episode also features two cringe-worthy stereotypes popular in the 80’s: Paul Rodriguez as the angry Hispanic service person, and that Japanese Gardner Sophia tries to fuck (“Understand little...”).

by Anonymousreply 173December 4, 2020 10:42 AM

To be fair, the "stranded on an island that turns out to have a resort nearby" plot line has been tried and true sitcom fodder for decades.

by Anonymousreply 174December 4, 2020 11:33 AM

[quote] Didn't Dorothy's cigarette burn down the kiosk?

No. She thought it did, but the fire was caused by a faulty coil in the pizza oven.

by Anonymousreply 175December 4, 2020 2:08 PM

Phew! That gheko would have never let her forget it!

by Anonymousreply 176December 4, 2020 4:43 PM

I just hate that Blanche didn’t even consider sleeping with big dicked David to symbolically get back at George for cheating on her with David’s mother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177December 4, 2020 5:26 PM

DL has made me hate all of them.

by Anonymousreply 178December 4, 2020 5:40 PM

R175 It was Sophia

by Anonymousreply 179December 4, 2020 6:17 PM

That was her hot plate at Shady Pines, wasn’t it, r179?

by Anonymousreply 180December 4, 2020 6:25 PM

Let's face it. Sophia tipped over the lantern in Chicago, not Mrs. O'Leary's cow.

by Anonymousreply 181December 4, 2020 6:59 PM

Sure, just like a Mick to blame it on a dago.

by Anonymousreply 182December 4, 2020 7:04 PM

R180 Yes

by Anonymousreply 183December 4, 2020 7:15 PM

The one where Dorothy yanks the toupe off Stanley's head. Who that bitch think she is?

by Anonymousreply 184December 7, 2020 8:38 PM

She probably thought she was the wife he abandoned for another woman, not even telling her himself, but letting his lawyer do it.

She should have snatched his damn balls off (and you know Dorothy could have, especially the meaner early seasons one). He got off lucky.

by Anonymousreply 185December 9, 2020 11:36 AM

Stan was a cunt doing that to Dorothy. It led to her a nervous breakdown, losing her job as Regional School Controller and becoming a gambling addict.

by Anonymousreply 186December 9, 2020 4:39 PM

The one where Dorothy shit on Rose’s bedroom floor.

by Anonymousreply 187December 9, 2020 10:54 PM

Trudy, the practical joker!

by Anonymousreply 188January 11, 2021 12:23 PM

I liked the Trudy episode

by Anonymousreply 189January 11, 2021 2:43 PM

Rose with a 30 year pill addiction and casually sent to rehab for a month.

by Anonymousreply 190January 11, 2021 8:42 PM

r188, I don't hate the Trudy episode, but it's definitely one of the weaker ones. It really didn't make much sense for Dorothy and showed how much they struggled to come up with stories for her. It would have worked better as a Blanche story--it would have been much more believable that Blanche had a high school frenemy, and that she would fall for the death prank at first. Plus, when Dorothy and Trudy are insulting each other at the beginning and Dorothy says the rumor was that Trudy was pregnant at their high school reunion...that makes no sense as an insult coming from someone who really did get knocked up as a teenager.

It has some good moments, but the whole thing is so nonsensical.

by Anonymousreply 191January 21, 2021 7:18 AM

**high school graduation, I mean. Being pregnant at their high school reunion really would have been a story.

by Anonymousreply 192January 21, 2021 7:19 AM

The episode where Dreyfus gang bangs the girls while Harry films it for sale through Stan’s new VHS company- Dogs and Dames of Miami. The sub plot of Blanche realizes that she can only now achieve climax through a dog whistle and eating Alpo is when the show jumped the shark.

by Anonymousreply 193January 21, 2021 7:28 AM

OP has terrible taste because the scene where they visit the birthing center is hilarious. "Sounds like a Mommy on fire!"

And, Dorothy starting to date/fuck Stan again is one of the BEST episodes...it has several terrific lines including Rose's best exit line to Blanche, "Think what you like.....hypersexual bitch." And, Blanche to Dorothy, "But, Dorothy...the man got you MEAT!?!!!!?!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 194January 21, 2021 7:39 AM

The one where Sofia has a geriatric key party on the lanai.

by Anonymousreply 195January 21, 2021 7:46 AM

The one where Sophia gets some big black cock but he has the old timers disease.

by Anonymousreply 196January 21, 2021 9:49 AM

Did Rue have work done over the seasons?

by Anonymousreply 197January 21, 2021 5:35 PM

R190 I liked the episode. I’d like to try some. St. Olaf version of Monopoly

by Anonymousreply 198January 21, 2021 6:00 PM

The spring 1988 part of the 1988 season.

Becky the fat daughter

Mr terrific

Clayton the gay brother

by Anonymousreply 199January 21, 2021 7:07 PM

Sophia entering a convent and the Jewish actress dressed as a nun.

by Anonymousreply 200January 21, 2021 7:16 PM

Fat Becky and gay Clayton are great episodes. R199 is a bigger everything.

by Anonymousreply 201January 21, 2021 9:06 PM

The episode where Blanche and Rose decided they'd had enough of that cruel, obnoxious, unfunny bitch cunt, Sophia, and beheaded her. Only to discover that the cunt was like a hydra that kept growing a new head every time they decapitated her. Then they burned her alive but she popped out of the embers again.

by Anonymousreply 202January 21, 2021 9:13 PM

The one where Rose wanted to be a reporter. She filmed the dog show during a robbery. That was idiotic.

by Anonymousreply 203January 22, 2021 12:36 AM

r199, Clayton's first episode aired in December 1988, not the spring.

by Anonymousreply 204January 23, 2021 3:58 AM

The one where Lee Baldwin fucked both Blanche and Rose even though Rose smelled like fancy albacore tuna.

by Anonymousreply 205January 23, 2021 4:54 AM

Blanche gets vaginal rejuvenation surgery

by Anonymousreply 206January 23, 2021 5:10 AM

Sophia stuffs her titties to impress gay Caesar Romero.

by Anonymousreply 207January 23, 2021 2:13 PM

These are so funny!

by Anonymousreply 208January 23, 2021 7:02 PM

The season titled "And Just Like That!"

by Anonymousreply 209January 23, 2021 9:06 PM

I disliked the one where Rose loses her fucking pension and has to wait tables at a donut shop.

by Anonymousreply 210January 24, 2021 1:37 AM

Rose as a hospital administrator. Really? Rose was so fucking dumb!

by Anonymousreply 211January 24, 2021 5:35 PM

Rose was too dumb to be a producer, she fucked for that job

by Anonymousreply 212January 24, 2021 5:36 PM

R43, the Mary pregnancy episode had hilarious moments with Dorothy telling at St. Olaf story.

by Anonymousreply 213January 24, 2021 5:41 PM

I hate the Big Daddy funeral episode because we're supposed to forget that Blanche had another sister and a brother who not only don't show up, but aren't even mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 214January 24, 2021 6:02 PM

Yeah, I never got the hate for the Mary episode. That part wasn't so bad and the scene with the dad is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 215January 24, 2021 6:21 PM

All of them. A demeaning, terrible show.

by Anonymousreply 216January 24, 2021 6:23 PM

How the fuck could a dog eat Ida?

by Anonymousreply 217January 24, 2021 9:42 PM

I always though it was kind of un-Blanche-like for her to totally ignore the hunky stripper "cop" in favor of the older "real" cop at Dorothy's bridal shower before she was about to re-marry Stan. Albeit, the older cop was hot too, but the young guy was such a muscle-bound stud.

by Anonymousreply 218January 24, 2021 9:52 PM

R210 I can understand Rose being upset over not having money of her own but worrying about being homeless was ridiculous. They all became family by this point and I doubt they would kick Rose out or refuse to share food with her. Not to mention Rose did nearly all of the housework for everyone and cooked more than anyone else did after Sophia. She certainly did more baking than Sophia did and Rose does cook and arrange food at a level seen in catering which makes sense since she has run a sandwich shop with Sophia, helped run Sophia and Max's stand, catered for someone's wedding and briefly ran a catering service with the other girls.

by Anonymousreply 219January 25, 2021 11:29 PM

The one where Dorothy dated Dick Van Dyke who became a clown then died. Then at the funeral Dorothy couldn't stop laughing.

by Anonymousreply 220January 28, 2021 2:02 PM

I'm watching the Sophia marries Max episode. Their pizza knish stand is supposed to be facing the ocean, but the backdrop is also the ocean. Then they expect the people who just ran out of the water to have money on them immediately?

by Anonymousreply 221February 10, 2021 5:23 AM

Don't forget their imaginary pool in the Empty Nest test pilot or the husband who abandoned his baby because his wife was in the hospital having triplets even though the baby they left at the house was only a few months old and it was made clear they were both her biological parents. Stupid idiotic writing.

by Anonymousreply 222February 10, 2021 6:22 AM

R222 as well as 3 older ladies with no familial connection thinking they could keep and raise said baby.

by Anonymousreply 223February 10, 2021 7:56 AM

The one where the big lottery ticket was in a jacket that Sophia gives away, and the trio visit a homeless shelter attempting to retrieve the ticket.

by Anonymousreply 224February 11, 2021 1:06 AM

Sophia’s friend with Alzheimer’s.

I feel bad for poor Estelle Getty every time.

by Anonymousreply 225February 11, 2021 1:09 AM

R224 I fucking HATE that depressing preachy episode. If I were them, I would've kept the ticket and organize a fundraiser to help the shelter instead of giving it to the priest. Also I wanted to kick that bitch singing "Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?" in the cuntbone so hard.

by Anonymousreply 226February 11, 2021 3:57 AM

She also sings the theme song. Do you still want to kick her in the cuntbone?

by Anonymousreply 227February 11, 2021 4:06 AM

R227 Turns out Cynthia Fee sings the theme song. Judy Collins sang "Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?"

by Anonymousreply 228February 11, 2021 8:16 AM

Omg you mean that odd bitch judy Collins was involved with that song? No wonder I always hated it and Sofia’s homeless friend who said the word “tomorrow” in a way that made me madder than hell.

by Anonymousreply 229February 11, 2021 7:07 PM

The one where Dorothy befriends snooty author Barbara Thorndyke. I hate seeing them feud.

by Anonymousreply 230February 11, 2021 7:09 PM

The birthday flashback episode

by Anonymousreply 231February 11, 2021 10:22 PM

[quote] The one where Dorothy befriends snooty author Barbara Thorndyke.

You could get kicked on DL for saying that. Barbara is beloved here.

[quote] I hate seeing them feud.

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 232February 12, 2021 12:05 AM

I hate any episode with Michael and Kate mostly because their ages never made sense. Michael was 22 in one episode, 28 in another. Was either one of them supposed to be the product of Stan knocking up Dorothy 40 years earlier?!?! I've noticed there are major continuity issues with Rose's and Blanche's kids too. Just how many sons DID Blanche have? It's maddening. Can someone start a thread about the awful continuity issues with all their kids? I'd think that would be a popular thread. I'm not a paying member unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 233February 12, 2021 12:15 AM

ALL OF THEM

NEVER WATCHED A FULL EPISODE AS ITS BULLSHIT

by Anonymousreply 234February 12, 2021 12:14 PM

Linda, you would've had to in order to create that rip off Designing Women.

by Anonymousreply 235February 12, 2021 1:16 PM

R233 that's been solved. The teenage pregnancy baby died. Hence why Dorothy could go to College and have a roommate

by Anonymousreply 236February 12, 2021 7:13 PM

R236 I wish that were the truth. But in one episode Sophia tells Dorothy about how the accident she and Stan made in high school calls her grandma and that she sends them money every year. Obviously a reference to Michael since Kate is married to a podiatrist.

by Anonymousreply 237February 12, 2021 7:19 PM

The one were the Jewish Sophia becomes a nun and presto, she's in a nun's habit without going through any rituals, and saved by Dorothy before Sophia takes her vows all done within 30 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 238February 12, 2021 7:58 PM

I hated the flashback episodes set in Brooklyn with young Dorothy & Sofia.

by Anonymousreply 239February 12, 2021 8:19 PM

Any episode with a social message, like Brother Can Ya Spare a Jacket? Any ep with Stan was hot to trot.

by Anonymousreply 240February 12, 2021 11:56 PM

Any episode with Rose's kids. They were all heinous cunts.

by Anonymousreply 241February 13, 2021 12:06 AM

R241 has no estate papers.

by Anonymousreply 242February 13, 2021 4:40 AM

Any episode in which Estelle Getty or Betty White had sex. We know older people have sex and there is nothing wrong with it, but I don't need to see the prune-like drag queen Sophia purring in bed as though she were Sex and the City's Samantha. Bea Arthur's character was a bore, a scold and a rude cunt. She was the white Roxane Gay, right down to her CFS, which was her version of "Exhausted! SMDH."

by Anonymousreply 243February 13, 2021 9:39 AM

Sophia had sex with the gay Caesar Romero. Even Angela Channing had sex with him on Falcon Crest.

by Anonymousreply 244February 13, 2021 11:18 AM

I hated the fat hog Blanche tried to fuck named HAM.

by Anonymousreply 245February 13, 2021 4:21 PM

When Dorothy’s son Michael marries an older black singer. They made his black relatives the racists, and Dorothy’s objection was nominally the age gap. Of course Sophia makes a few racial jokes as expected, but as Dorothy is such a “right on” [Maude] woman about everything else from anti-semitism to immigration to homophobia, it seemed OOC that she would be so vocally horrified at the bride. I don’t know, I guess as it is one of the few GG with a black romantic interest and I’m black, it always depresses me to watch. I always skip over it.

by Anonymousreply 246April 5, 2022 3:49 PM

R246 Michaels new bride was an OLD looking 45 yrs old.

by Anonymousreply 247April 5, 2022 8:11 PM

Itch hole

by Anonymousreply 248April 5, 2022 9:53 PM

R247 I know. So what?

by Anonymousreply 249April 5, 2022 10:40 PM

Eat my ass r249!!!

by Anonymousreply 250April 5, 2022 11:34 PM

Have you been taking Rose’s opioids, r250?

by Anonymousreply 251April 6, 2022 1:09 AM

Childbirth is excruciating, OP. It still kills women in the thousands every year and leaves the rest with lifelong health issues. Frankly, given how utterly vile men are towards women, I'm amazed women still have children.

by Anonymousreply 252April 6, 2022 1:27 AM

No I do not have hemorrhoids, r251

by Anonymousreply 253April 6, 2022 4:08 AM

Katharine Hepburn had a more chill initial reaction to her kid marrying an older black spouse in Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner than Dorothy Zbornak did.

by Anonymousreply 254April 22, 2022 10:21 AM

The one in which they ate cheesecake, the one in which Blanche got horny, the one in which Rose appeared to be a bit thick, the one in which Sophia told a story and the one in which Dorothy was cranky. All of those were simply unbearable.

by Anonymousreply 255April 22, 2022 10:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!