Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pete BETTER get a cabinet position

And not just some token one. He won this for Joe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211November 29, 2020 10:40 PM

[quote] He won this for Joe.

That's a big stretch

by Anonymousreply 1November 15, 2020 1:10 PM

No stretch at all.

Gay men won this for Joe.

Pete was leading when he dropped out for Joe.

Pete deserves the Presidency so he certainly deserves a cabinet position.

by Anonymousreply 2November 15, 2020 1:14 PM

[quote] Pete was leading when he dropped out for Joe.

This.

by Anonymousreply 3November 15, 2020 1:15 PM

[quote]Pete was leading when he dropped out for Joe.

Actually Sanders was leading. Pete and Amy dropped out to consolidate their voters behind Biden and get rid of Sanders.

by Anonymousreply 4November 15, 2020 1:20 PM

The Democratic party needs to more for gay men.

by Anonymousreply 5November 15, 2020 1:20 PM

Joe likes Pete and will find a place for him. Anyone who watches Pete for more than a few minutes can see Pete has something special. He has a thoughtful manner and is able to communicate in way that teaches you something. It's going to be fun Pete The Slayer on his journey.

by Anonymousreply 6November 15, 2020 1:20 PM

OP is correct, Pete's efforts almost certainly did put Joe over the top.

But that's the thing about a coalition. Every group, if singled out, put Joe over the top. Pull out the votes of any one group and Joe would have lost.

Black voters, Hispanic voters, young voters, environmentalists, liberal Christians, Jewish voters, Muslim voters, disaffected Republicans and independents, and all the other groups.

That's why we need to stick together, despite our differences.

by Anonymousreply 7November 15, 2020 1:22 PM

Amy dropped out because she was out of cash.

Pete dropped out out of a sense of duty.

by Anonymousreply 8November 15, 2020 1:22 PM

I bet he's getting a lot of NSA blowjobs

by Anonymousreply 9November 15, 2020 1:24 PM

He did not win this for Joe. I love Pete, and I think he's phenomenal. But, a lot of groups "won this for Joe."

I also agree, though, he better get a great cabinet position.

by Anonymousreply 10November 15, 2020 1:24 PM

[quote]The Democratic party needs to more for gay men.

You better get in fucking line!

by Anonymousreply 11November 15, 2020 1:26 PM

It needs to do more for both trans women and gay men.

We're not enemies. Stop shit-stirring, R11.

by Anonymousreply 12November 15, 2020 1:27 PM

Pete was doing really well but he wasn't leading when he dropped out. He did a phenomenal job as a Biden surrogate on TV, especially when he went on Fox; early in the primaries a lot of Dems went on Fox which I thought (and still think) was a mistake, because they were trying to court votes and be bipartisan, but Pete was having none of that, and he was the one Dem who did a great job on Fox.

He should get a cabinet position, definitely, but let's not exaggerate what he's done.

by Anonymousreply 13November 15, 2020 1:29 PM

Secretary of HUD or Secretary of Education. He's experienced in both those fields and can make a big success with either one. After four years of Ben Carson and Betsy DeVos, both of those departments are going to need strong leadership. HUD might be the better match for his experience, but Education will probably be more high profile. DeVos did some terrible things there, disadvantaging millions of Americans. Buttigieg could make strong contributions to either department.

by Anonymousreply 14November 15, 2020 1:33 PM

Pete was everywhere working on campaigning for Biden during the last few months.

Where were Klobuchar and Warren?

Pete's a team player.

by Anonymousreply 15November 15, 2020 1:33 PM

Elizabeth Warren didn't drop out until she started looking like Trump looks now, like a losing candidate who refuses to acknowledge it's fucking over.

This won't be a news flash, but I think Joe decided to mentor Pete after the debate in which Pete stood up for Joe and said we shouldn't listen or take seriously anything Republicans say about Hunter Biden or Joe Biden.

Also, Pete had always said he would not continue his campaign if it reached a point where he didn't believe there was a path to the nomination. I've heard (Republicans) say the only reason Pete dropped out was that Biden promised him a spot in the administration, but I don't think that's necessarily correct. I think Pete dropped out because it was the right thing to do after Biden's South Carolina win, and Pete wanted, more than anything, to beat Trump.

I will say it was refreshing, when Pete was on a show like Morning Joe and they would ask him if he was doing it to get a spot in the cabinet, and Pete would be completely honest and say, I would love a spot in the Biden administration if there's a place I can be effective, but that's not my goal. My goal is to elect Joe Biden and defeat Donald Trump. For some reason the interviewer would always seem surprised that Pete was honest about it, instead of playing coy and pretending he had never thought of what happens after the election.

by Anonymousreply 16November 15, 2020 1:33 PM

[quote] Where were Klobuchar and Warren?

In the Senate, doing their jobs. Buttigieg had no job at the time, other than campaign for Joe and boost his own resume.

by Anonymousreply 17November 15, 2020 1:34 PM

I really love Obama but he may have managed reelection with even a win in Florida as working not to be perceived as favoring his groups with pay backs. He was able to pass the Affordable Care Act and did many other things by some sense of “President for all” and Biden will realistically have to do that even more.

by Anonymousreply 18November 15, 2020 1:35 PM

[quote] Pete was doing really well but he wasn't leading when he dropped out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 15, 2020 1:35 PM

[quote]Where were Klobuchar and Warren?

Klobuchar was trying to block Handmaid Barrett from getting on the Supreme Court as part of her job on the Senate Judiciary Committee. And she was appearing on MSNBC almost everyday in support of Biden during the last couple of months.

Not sure about Warren.

by Anonymousreply 20November 15, 2020 1:36 PM

Campaigning for Biden is more important than just being in the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 21November 15, 2020 1:37 PM

Oh, please. Pete, a freckled pocket gay who was a small-town mayor, deserves a cabinet position? There are many women - hell, even out lesbians! - who are much more more qualified than he is.

And I have no idea why you guys drool over him. If he was just some lost boy wandering around NYC with a suitcase in his hand, there would be a 600 comment thread on here mocking him and waiting for him to get mugged.

by Anonymousreply 22November 15, 2020 1:39 PM

A day or two after the election there was an in-depth article about both the Biden and Trump campaigns-- I think it was in Politico. It was really fascinating because it showed how much uncertainty there was among the Democrats about Biden's basement strategy. The article also had some juicy bits about the relations among the leading Democrats. Biden's team was NOT happy with Pete and at least one other candidate-- I can't remember who-- because their team spoke to the NYT about what they thought Biden was doing wrong back at the height of the pandemic. There were bad feelings on Biden's part about Harris too but they were overcome due to Harris' long friendship with his son Beau.

Far less dirt has leaked about the Democrats than the Republicans because they are more disciplined at least this time around. I seriously doubt that Pete is going to have a major role in the Cabinet-- and the UN is a pipe dream. Biden is going with people who have experience. Pete will continue going on Fox. He's obviously angling for a talk show on CNN.

by Anonymousreply 23November 15, 2020 1:41 PM

R19, by February 29th, Pete had 29 delegates while Bernie had 56 and Joe had 55.

He dropped out on the 1st.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 15, 2020 1:42 PM

[quote]Klobuchar was trying to block Handmaid Barrett from getting on the Supreme Court as part of her job on the Senate Judiciary Committee.

She failed. Of course.

by Anonymousreply 25November 15, 2020 1:42 PM

Watch your back, Rachel.

by Anonymousreply 26November 15, 2020 1:43 PM

[quote]There are many women - hell, even out lesbians! - who are much more more qualified than he is.

He's one person, he's not going to take away jobs from lesbians. We're not talking about stuffing the cabinet with all gays and icing out lesbians and I don't know why you're even suggesting such a thing, except to try to start a fight.

by Anonymousreply 27November 15, 2020 1:43 PM

[quote]If he was just some lost boy wandering around NYC with a suitcase in his hand, there would be a 600 comment thread on here mocking him and waiting for him to get mugged.

Because he's not a lost boy wandering around NYC with a suitcase in hand.

He's the best politician to come along in my lifetime.

He deserves the Presidency.

by Anonymousreply 28November 15, 2020 1:44 PM

R25, at least she called the hearings a “sham” and didn’t give Lindsay Fucking Graham a hug like that embarrassment Dianne Feinstein.

by Anonymousreply 29November 15, 2020 1:46 PM

Let's bring back smart people who are skilled speakers!!!

by Anonymousreply 30November 15, 2020 1:51 PM

[quote]Do you remember that thread?

LOL. Yes I remember that thread R22! It was hilarious. His name was Denny wasn't it? Good time when there were still witty, smart people on DL.

by Anonymousreply 31November 15, 2020 1:55 PM

He’s going to end up working on Fox News as their token liberal voice, like that Juan Williams guy.

by Anonymousreply 32November 15, 2020 1:56 PM

^^ except Juan Williams is ineffective ^^

by Anonymousreply 33November 15, 2020 1:58 PM

The only thing Pete is effective at is getting ridiculed by Trump. He's not even getting under Trump's skin. And after January 20, Trump will be largely irrelevant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 15, 2020 2:03 PM

give me a break

by Anonymousreply 35November 15, 2020 2:09 PM

[quote]The only thing Pete is effective at is getting ridiculed by Trump.

Isn't getting ridiculed by Trump a sign of their getting under the president's skin?

by Anonymousreply 36November 15, 2020 2:13 PM

it is

by Anonymousreply 37November 15, 2020 2:16 PM

Cabinet positions are not rewards. They should require some substantive experience and competence.

I agree that Pete has many excellent attributes. I would love to see him win ELECTED office on a larger scale. He may be the one candidate who can establish that LGBT candidates can bring together expansive coalitions within the electorate to win public office.

by Anonymousreply 38November 15, 2020 2:24 PM

Bet Pete can get anything he wants from Joe. But in the end, he may not want it. Although I'd love to see him up his profile so he can go back to Indiana and run for the Senate or even for Governor.

by Anonymousreply 39November 15, 2020 2:45 PM

r7 you are very right, in fact i think that democrats should take this as a slogan for the party while accusing the republicans of being homogenous and and anti diversity. our slogan should be something like this, the democratic party is made the real image of america cuz it is the most diversed party.

by Anonymousreply 40November 15, 2020 2:46 PM

Biden wears depends.

by Anonymousreply 41November 15, 2020 2:48 PM

[quote] Cabinet positions are not rewards. They should require some substantive experience and competence.

Bless your heart, r38

by Anonymousreply 42November 15, 2020 2:50 PM

Stop trying to make Petey the Unsuitable happen!!

by Anonymousreply 43November 15, 2020 2:51 PM

Another tactic by a fugly, bald, obese DIVISIVE TROLL? Is she going to provoke us to boycott Uncle Joe if Pete doesn't get any job in the administration?

People will either shit on Uncle Joe or Pete, nothing good will come out of this tantrum, you fat, ugly cunt troll!

Another tactic by a fugly, bald, obese DIVISIVE TROLL? Is she going to provoke us to boycott Uncle Joe if Pete doesn't get any job in the administration?

People will either shit on Uncle Joe or Pete, nothing good will come out of this tantrum, you fat, ugly cunt troll!

by Anonymousreply 44November 15, 2020 2:56 PM

R44, Biden is not your uncle you deranged cunt.

by Anonymousreply 45November 15, 2020 2:57 PM

Buttigieg needs to buy a jacket. And wear it.

by Anonymousreply 46November 15, 2020 2:58 PM

Of course he won't; he's not qualified for one.

by Anonymousreply 47November 15, 2020 2:58 PM

Does he even want to have a spot ? I mean they just bought a place in Michigan and still live in South Bend . That doesn't sound like somebody who wants to move to DC.

by Anonymousreply 48November 15, 2020 3:06 PM

He's got a pretty nice butt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 15, 2020 3:08 PM

Pete will be named Special Envoy for the Care of Justin Trudeau's Foreskin.

Their first official state meeting will be on OnlyFans.

by Anonymousreply 50November 15, 2020 3:08 PM

Miss R44 is the deranged cunt that, when she disagrees, repeats the same thing a hundred times.

Cunty cunt cunt, cunt cunt blar blar cunt.

by Anonymousreply 51November 15, 2020 3:09 PM

Biden would have had some trouble with a split moderate vote on super Tuesday. To say Pete made no difference is a lie.

by Anonymousreply 52November 15, 2020 3:10 PM

He has a womanly butt, R49. And I'm a lesbian -- I should know.

by Anonymousreply 53November 15, 2020 3:15 PM

The pic at OP appears Joe agrees about his butt also.

by Anonymousreply 54November 15, 2020 3:28 PM

[quote]Although I'd love to see him up his profile so he can go back to Indiana and run for the Senate or even for Governor.

If he runs for office again, it will be from Michigan...where he now owns a house, and where the demographics favor moderate Democrats like himself.

by Anonymousreply 55November 15, 2020 3:43 PM

Pete was absolutely winning win he dropped out. He was neck and neck with Sanders. I volunteered for Pete's campaign. Basically as we were heading into South Carolina, the pandemic was beginning to surge and we were about 2 weeks away from the first March shelter in place. Once the pandemic hit, the Democrats wanted to fast track Biden since the focus had shifted and not draw out the primary process any further. Once Pete dropped out, the media attention was on COVID 24/7 as the NYC outbreak began and CA went into lockdown. I assumed Pete was promised a big position for dropping if Biden if he won. I hope Biden doesn't forget him in favor of women, which I've read is who Biden plans to stock his administration with. Either way, Pete will do fine. I don't know why the media did not make as big a deal as they should have regarding the first gay presidential candidate and how well he did. It was a historic moment. At least Pete went out on top of his game.

by Anonymousreply 56November 15, 2020 4:13 PM

[quote]I don't know why the media did not make as big a deal as they should have regarding the first gay presidential candidate and how well he did.

Some of us were more interested in determining whether he might be a racist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57November 15, 2020 4:19 PM

No. There is something false about him, nothing he says seems sincere and he has a whiff of snobbery about him.

by Anonymousreply 58November 15, 2020 4:20 PM

Well, he was more popular than Pocahontas, heals up Harris and Biden when he dropped out.

by Anonymousreply 59November 15, 2020 4:28 PM

[quote] There are many women - hell, even out lesbians! - who are much more more qualified than he is.

What lesbians are you thinking of?

by Anonymousreply 60November 15, 2020 4:37 PM

I want Pete to be a Senior Advisor to the President.

by Anonymousreply 61November 15, 2020 4:47 PM

[quote] Pete was absolutely winning win he dropped out. He was neck and neck with Sanders. I volunteered for Pete's campaign

Delusional bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 62November 15, 2020 5:00 PM

Not really. He won Iowa and was tied in New Hampshire. Because of all the blacklash in SC, it was there that he would have probably had a bigger loss, but I wish he would have gone for it instead of speculating, but he did his duty for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 63November 15, 2020 5:03 PM

He isn't owed a spot in the Cabinet. GTFO. If he wants to be a Washington Corporate Gay, he can go work for the Human Rights Campaign.

by Anonymousreply 64November 15, 2020 5:07 PM

He won Iowa and NH too if the media hadn’t made that Klobamentum narrative to impede his progress.

I remember seeing a woman on tv with a shirt full of Pete pins who said she was going to vote for Amy because she “wanted a woman to get some votes in her state’. The media can manipulate a lot of well meaning people and it does.

Not tot mention the media gave creedence to the Bernie bros Iowa conspiracies. And would never give him credit for his win.

by Anonymousreply 65November 15, 2020 5:08 PM

Pete was doing better in the primaries and debates than Biden. Biden will reward him well.

I’m curious how Obama stepped in to convince Pete and Amy and the others to drop out.

by Anonymousreply 66November 15, 2020 5:11 PM

he likely bitch slapped pete. Pete cried like a little girl to Chasten, chasten told him "You Betta WERQ" and pete dropped out and moved to michigan

by Anonymousreply 67November 15, 2020 5:16 PM

Obama told her that she couldn't cook Hotdish to save her life and stick to the senate

by Anonymousreply 68November 15, 2020 5:17 PM

Interior Design

by Anonymousreply 69November 15, 2020 5:20 PM

The media did everything they could to ruin Pete.Warren and Bloomberg sucked up all the media attention after Pete was killing it in Iowa and NH. He wasn’t anywhere on the CNN homepage on any given day yet Warren and Bloomberg always were.

by Anonymousreply 70November 15, 2020 5:21 PM

Warren won the primaries for him. Her insistence on competing in the primaries, even when she was being routed in every single early race, culminating in finishing third in her own home state - all this to suck up votes from Bernie - was something that Biden could not do without. She went to hell and ate the devil's shit out of his ass for Joe. She deserves a position, too.

by Anonymousreply 71November 15, 2020 5:23 PM

Lotta discussion of bias in campaign coverage in the primaries.. I think the NYT ledes on the campaign obits of Warren and Pete are illuminating in how they were covered and who was contending with it

Warren,: tongue bath

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72November 15, 2020 5:26 PM

The pathetic crap they wrote for Pete.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73November 15, 2020 5:26 PM

[quote] - all this to suck up votes from Bernie -

You're assuming Warren voters would have all gone to Bernie. I'm not so sure about that. The Bernie camp was making a lot of enemies and burning a lot of bridges with other primary candidates' voters, especially towards the end.

by Anonymousreply 74November 15, 2020 5:27 PM

R74, The elites sure thought she was hurting Bernie. Why else would they put up a 10 million dollar super pac for her just a few weeks before Super Tuesday?

by Anonymousreply 75November 15, 2020 5:38 PM

R71, Being a senator is a sweeter gig than anything in the cabinet would be except Secretary of State.

She should stay put.

by Anonymousreply 76November 15, 2020 5:39 PM

what warren REALLY did is route Bloomberg

by Anonymousreply 77November 15, 2020 5:43 PM

The media worked tirelessly to undermine Pete and promote Amy and Pocahontas.

He IS owed a spot. Because he took one for the team and dropped out when he did, immediately endorsing Biden, because that was the best way to defeat Trump.

by Anonymousreply 78November 15, 2020 5:43 PM

R17 Go away.

by Anonymousreply 79November 15, 2020 5:52 PM

[quote]You're assuming Warren voters would have all gone to Bernie.

Um, all? No. Enough to tip the race in Bernie's favor? At least in some states, yes.

by Anonymousreply 80November 15, 2020 5:54 PM

[quote]Oh, please. Pete, a freckled pocket gay who was a small-town mayor, deserves a cabinet position? [bold]There are many women - hell, even out lesbians! - who are much more more qualified than he is.[/bold]

No, there aren't. And enough with the woman in everything crap; the idpol obsession is nothing but a recipe for bad politics and boring policies disguised in pseudo-revolutionary garb. See below.

But I have to wonder why dykes insist on posting on Datalounge, though it's clear they have nothing but hatred towards for men, especially gay men.

I don't even like Pete - I was a Bernie sympathizer and I thought Pete stole Iowa from him - but there aren't any dykes who helped Joe more, or are more deserving of a prominent cabinet position, than Pete. Not any.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81November 15, 2020 6:00 PM

[quote]But I have to wonder why dykes insist on posting on Datalounge, though it's clear they have nothing but hatred towards for men, especially gay men.

And they couldn't stop coming up with excuses for Joy Reid and Rachel Maddow during the primary.

by Anonymousreply 82November 15, 2020 6:04 PM

R72, do you remember the video of the Times Editorial Board's interview with Pete? Absolutely an exercise in trying to do a Fox News-style take-down of him. Totally disingenuous. He held his own with them, but it was obvious they had no intention of considering him seriously and they were trying to do a hit job on him with easily disproved accusations to confirm their preconceived choice not to give him a fair chance.

R74, I know a couple of male Warren supporters who would have gone to Bernie, but most of my friends who supported Warren were women who, if they hadn't had Warren to support, would have gone to Amy or Kamala. They are women who felt profoundly cheated by the 2016 election and they want a female president. They absolutely would not have gone over to Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 83November 15, 2020 6:32 PM

The race would have been far more interesting if Bernie hadn’t been in it. Warren would have done better, picking up some (not all) of his progressive supporters. The moderates might have been able to stay in the Primary race longer too if they didn’t have to consolidate votes to block Bernie...who would have been an unmitigated disaster as the Dem nominee against Trump.

by Anonymousreply 84November 15, 2020 8:25 PM

All of Warren's ideas and rhetoric were just watered down versions of things that Bernie had already said before. Plus, she is pretty bad at the stump, and she was one of the worst performing Dems when matched up against Trump. It was for the best that she was routed in every single primary. It serves her right with her idiotic "girls never lose elections" take. Her idpol crap was very grating, as well.

by Anonymousreply 85November 15, 2020 8:36 PM

Lesbians don't like being called dykes. It's like being called f word. I hope Pete service over money. He would make a great President. He would have made a great VP. Kamala was at the bottom of the list in terms of popularity. The bright spot forme in a Biden Administration is what role Pete can play in it.

by Anonymousreply 86November 15, 2020 8:38 PM

[quote]Lesbians don't like being called dykes

They don't have to like it. If they're going to attack highly promising, high achieving gay men just because they don't have any dyke to compare, like the dyke above was doing, then I don't care how the dykes like to be addressed.

by Anonymousreply 87November 15, 2020 8:40 PM

[quote]It serves her right with her idiotic "girls never lose elections" take.

She had a right to say that. Warren had never lost an election up until this point. Kamala Harris and Amy Klobuchar also made the same claim...that they had never lost an election so far. Biden had run for President twice before and lost. Now he’s President and Harris is Vice President.

by Anonymousreply 88November 15, 2020 8:46 PM

[quote]She had a right to say that.

Even supposing you're right, reality ultimately made her eat her words, didn't it? She and Amy, to say nothing of the dropout Kamala, didn't win a single primary despite the fact that (according to the 538 website) Democratic voters are biased in favor of female candidates.

"Girls don't lose elections" is not serious analysis. It was something Warren came up with to give orgasms to media she-liberals who care only about representation. That her record was supposedly better than that of male candidates has nothing to do with being a woman. It was just that her circumstances were different from that of male candidates. When she competed against them, she lost, badly, every single time.

by Anonymousreply 89November 15, 2020 8:54 PM

[quote]”Girls don't lose elections" is not serious analysis. It was something Warren came up with to give orgasms to media she-liberals who care only about representation.

Kamala Harris WILL be the Democratic Presidential nominee in 2024, so we’ll have to wait and see how she does against whatever clown-car candidate the Repukes cough up.

by Anonymousreply 90November 15, 2020 8:58 PM

So far I’ve heard the names Tucker Carlson and Marco Rubio...God help us.

by Anonymousreply 91November 15, 2020 9:06 PM

I hope Pete gets the UN Ambassador position, where I think he could excel. Veteran Affairs would be largely a waste of his full range of talents.

by Anonymousreply 92November 15, 2020 9:06 PM

Pete would be most effective as White House Press Secretary. He does well speaking to the media, and he likes to viciously cut a bitch on camera too.

by Anonymousreply 93November 15, 2020 9:10 PM

[quote]So far I’ve heard the names Tucker Carlson and Marco Rubio...God help us.

Harris very well may be President before 2024. Biden is not going to last four years. She will squash Carlson and Rubio like the insects they are with her Balenciaga boot in 2024. The Repubs will have to try harder.

by Anonymousreply 94November 15, 2020 9:15 PM

I hate this guy, hes Nixonesque, he's power-hungry, and fake. I have no idea what that speech in Iowa was about, claiming victory with 0 votes reported. And then walking through a crowd of reporters asking him the next day how it felt to win, with that perma-smile glued to his face and not speaking.

by Anonymousreply 95November 16, 2020 1:06 AM

Senior Adviser. He needs to work across the board to prep for the presidency.

by Anonymousreply 96November 16, 2020 3:46 PM

I would like to see Pete get a position under Hunter Biden!

by Anonymousreply 97November 16, 2020 5:57 PM

No, not adviser, I take that back.

Pete needs to stay out of Washington, support Chasten like he supported him, solidify his middle America and outsider appeal, run for governor.

The White House and corporate Democrats in DC won't listen to him anyway and he'll just look like he failed after he took a job under them.

by Anonymousreply 98November 17, 2020 3:08 PM

Governor of where, Indiana? Not gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 99November 17, 2020 4:00 PM

R99 I wouldn't discount a Pete win in Indiana. He's a whiz, the Biden wind is at his back, the Republicans are splintering... But ok, I don't even know when that governors race is coming up, so maybe Michigan?

by Anonymousreply 100November 17, 2020 4:12 PM

[quote] support Chasten like he supported him

Huh? Chasten was a middle school teacher. He could barely support himself.

by Anonymousreply 101November 17, 2020 5:16 PM

Pete would never win a statewide election in IN as it is too red. MI is a possibility, though.

by Anonymousreply 102November 17, 2020 7:08 PM

r100 There's no Biden wind in Indiana. Trump did better there this year than in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 103November 17, 2020 8:23 PM

There's little Democratic wind anywhere where you can't turn out the Black vote. This was an anti-Trump not a pro-Biden one and Blacks did the heavy lifting. The Democrats are deeply fractured. Unless Biden really changes things the Republicans take the House in the midterms and the WH is within reach for them in 2024. Pete better get while the gettings good. A cabinet position gives him a possible four years to make a national reputation. He's not winning any statewide elections any time soon. The Democrats need to solve their left/center split, and develop economic policies that help middle Americans. Pete may be good on the second. Perhaps even the first if the solution is completely sinking the left wing.

by Anonymousreply 104November 17, 2020 10:06 PM

Pete will run in 2024, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 105November 18, 2020 12:18 AM

[quote]The Democrats are deeply fractured. Unless Biden really changes things the Republicans take the House in the midterms and the WH is within reach for them in 2024.

Democrats should focus on getting rid of the Electoral College, or making states split their votes instead of winner-take-all. Republicans would never win the White House again. They've won the Popular Vote ONCE in the last 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 106November 18, 2020 12:33 AM

He will run, I think too. So I'd be surprised if he takes a subservient position to Biden in his cabinet. Because Biden may himself run again.

by Anonymousreply 107November 18, 2020 12:37 AM

[quote]Because Biden may himself run again.

No.

by Anonymousreply 108November 18, 2020 12:39 AM

Pete needs to ditch Chasten ASAP. Chasten is taking a free ride on Pete's coattails, which explains how he got a temporary teaching gig at Harvard. What average middle school teacher would be teaching at Harvard?

by Anonymousreply 109November 18, 2020 12:51 AM

[quote] Pete was everywhere working on campaigning for Biden during the last few months. Where were Klobuchar and Warren?

They also were everywhere campaigning for Biden AND they were doing their work in the Senate. I wouldn't be surprised if Pete gets a cabinet position, but to say he won the race for Joe, or that gay men did in general, is just bizarre. If you're going to single out one demographic, it'd be black women, but really, it took all kinds.

by Anonymousreply 110November 18, 2020 1:04 AM

she's so homely and unlikable

but she sure is BRILLIANT

by Anonymousreply 111November 18, 2020 1:10 AM

I don’t think Pete’s going anywhere near DC while he remains married to that embarrassing Kween

by Anonymousreply 112November 18, 2020 1:17 AM

[quote] Isn't getting ridiculed by Trump a sign of their getting under the president's skin?

Remember that handicapped reporter who got ridiculed by Trump? Trump often picks on people he sees as weak. That's why the Republicans fear him. Pete does not project strength to a guy like Trump. Pete is condescending and not very accomplished in the way that Trump respects. He's not like Justin Trudeau or Nancy Pelosi, who Trump obviously fears. He's a Democrat who goes on Fox.

by Anonymousreply 113November 18, 2020 2:31 AM

How about head of the IRS, so Pete can be the one to hand over Trumps taxes to congress.

by Anonymousreply 114November 18, 2020 2:31 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115November 18, 2020 2:45 AM

Oh I think Trump fears Pete. He's a new kind of Democrat that connects to trumps own base of middle America.

by Anonymousreply 116November 18, 2020 3:06 AM

Oh I think Joe Biden doesn't fear anyone. Pete is impressive, no doubt, but maybe he needs a bigger role like US senator from Indiana, if that's possible. When is the last time a cabinet member became president or VP?

by Anonymousreply 117November 18, 2020 10:24 AM

Joe better give Pete the Presidency. Anything less is insulting!

by Anonymousreply 118November 18, 2020 2:23 PM

[quote] When is the last time a cabinet member became president or VP?

1928. Herbert Hoover was Secretary of Commerce then won Presidency.

by Anonymousreply 119November 18, 2020 5:06 PM

Exactly R118, r119 rare.

Pete should not join the cabinet. I just watched his appearance on Fox in May 2019. He got a effin standing applause from the audience! This man is a phenom. He needs to keep his eyes on the White House.

He must run in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 120November 18, 2020 7:07 PM

[quote] Oh I think Trump fears Pete. He's a new kind of Democrat that connects to trumps own base of middle America.

Please do remind us again of which “middle” American statewide elections Buttigieg has won.

by Anonymousreply 121November 19, 2020 4:05 AM

He won Iowa in the primary.

by Anonymousreply 122November 19, 2020 4:08 AM

[quote] He won Iowa in the primary.

Let me clarify. I’m not talking about Democratic primary races (with 50 candidates running). What Republicans has he beat in a “middle” American statewide race?

by Anonymousreply 123November 19, 2020 4:17 AM

[quote]He won Iowa in the primary.

Oh, R122... grow up. In 2012, Rick Santorum won the Iowa primary, too.

And he's not even a Senator anymore.

Do you know who the senators from Iowa are? Chuck Grassley and Joni Ernst. That's all you need to know about their judgment in Iowa.

by Anonymousreply 124November 19, 2020 4:18 AM

[Quote] Please do remind us again of which “middle” American statewide elections Buttigieg has won.

Ignore Middle America at democracy's peril.

by Anonymousreply 125November 19, 2020 6:15 AM

Biden is choosing professionals we don't know much about but who will get the work done.

Just because we know the names of people who sought the nomination does not mean they are in the serious running.

So i don't think Pete is high on his list. Nor do I thnk he'd want it as much as we do.

by Anonymousreply 126November 21, 2020 3:45 PM

Cabinet picks on Tuesday! Oh I'm so excited I could pee!!

I don't agree with this Klain quote. Wtf is this flunky Emily whatshername? That's not her job if her boss forbids it. Why pick on her instead of the bigger target?

"criticised US general services administration (GSA) administrator Emily Murphy, who has delayed ascertaining Biden’s win.“The law only requires her to find who is the apparent victor of the election"

by Anonymousreply 127November 22, 2020 7:48 PM

Sorry. The quote is here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128November 22, 2020 7:49 PM

So it's an Obama cabinet and the Biden people are shut out. Pete won't be in. That's not a bad thing. His run in 2024 is easier now.

by Anonymousreply 129November 24, 2020 10:59 PM

Maybe he could take notes. Or run the PowerPoint.

by Anonymousreply 130November 24, 2020 11:04 PM

Interior or HUD for Cabinet

Ambassador to Canada or China or EU.

by Anonymousreply 131November 24, 2020 11:17 PM

Let’s see....I’m filling the most important positions in the country — some of them the most important positions in the world — who shall I pick? The people, with 40 years of federal government/international experience who I know & trust & have successfully worked with ......or a guy who’s only political experience is being the mayor of Podunk?

by Anonymousreply 132November 24, 2020 11:26 PM

R132 Didn’t stop a reality TV star who had never even been mayor of a town from becoming president.🤷🏻‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 133November 24, 2020 11:29 PM

R133, you really need to fucking stop comparing Dems to Reps who have NO STANDARDS.

by Anonymousreply 134November 24, 2020 11:45 PM

I would also note we all know how the reality star turned out.

by Anonymousreply 135November 25, 2020 12:41 AM

Pete will be secretary.

by Anonymousreply 136November 25, 2020 12:43 AM

I was really proud of everything Pete accomplished in the nomination race, but his stans on here are like the Kamalastans - they really demean him.

by Anonymousreply 137November 25, 2020 12:43 AM

^ Don't worry. This is just just a playpen forum. They'll all be kissing his ass in 4 years.

by Anonymousreply 138November 25, 2020 12:45 AM

[quote] Didn’t stop a reality TV star who had never even been mayor of a town from becoming president

Look how that worked out. It’s why we voted Biden in

by Anonymousreply 139November 25, 2020 12:46 AM

What will you do OP, if Pete isn't offered a position you want for him?

Will you fundraise for Ivanka 2024?

by Anonymousreply 140November 25, 2020 12:55 AM

Joe just needs to smell one of Pete's wonderful farts, and he will give him a cabinet position, I predict!

by Anonymousreply 141November 25, 2020 12:57 AM

Two of his stans here are Crazy Matt A and the gMRA who calls everyone fish, dyke or radfem. They're not helping matters.

by Anonymousreply 142November 25, 2020 1:03 AM

R142, what are you actually saying?

by Anonymousreply 143November 25, 2020 1:07 AM

Look up the CVs of each person Biden nominated today and tell us which one is undeserving of it in comparison to Pete's CV.

by Anonymousreply 144November 25, 2020 1:14 AM

[quote] Joe just needs to smell one of Pete's wonderful farts, and he will give him a cabinet position, I predict

Mmmmmmmmm..... cookies!

by Anonymousreply 145November 25, 2020 1:17 AM

Is it true that Pete's farts smell like freshly-baked Christmas cookies? And Chasten's cum smells like red licorice?

by Anonymousreply 146November 25, 2020 1:21 AM

Well, they do represent

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147November 25, 2020 1:35 AM

Holy Fuck. Pete is not "short". He is heightenlied challanged!

by Anonymousreply 148November 25, 2020 1:52 AM

Time is running out. If it hasn't already...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149November 25, 2020 1:52 AM

R147, did you ever notice that only the one on the right was straight?

by Anonymousreply 150November 25, 2020 1:52 AM

Sorry, Pete...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151November 25, 2020 1:53 AM

[quote]He won this for Joe.

No dear. The Black vote won this for Joe. Hell, black women even won Joe the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 152November 25, 2020 1:54 AM

Petes too young for Bidens cabinet. he needs 30 more years on him at the least.

by Anonymousreply 153November 25, 2020 1:55 AM

Your record is skipping, r4

by Anonymousreply 154November 25, 2020 1:55 AM

The stress of the election seems to have caused Pete to lose his looks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155November 25, 2020 1:55 AM

Pete will be Secretary of Gift 🎁 Wrapping.

He IS qualified.

by Anonymousreply 156November 25, 2020 2:10 AM

Pete needs to run for higher office within his state.

by Anonymousreply 157November 25, 2020 2:12 AM

Give him directorship of a national institution.

by Anonymousreply 158November 25, 2020 8:38 AM

R158 nailed it. Make Pete the Director of the Smithsonian.

by Anonymousreply 159November 25, 2020 2:14 PM

He is now already a national figure but one with an enviable outsider base. The way he supported Biden, the DNC will not find it easy to shoot down his candidacy in 2024. But they will try.

by Anonymousreply 160November 25, 2020 7:06 PM

[quote] Pete was leading when he dropped out for Joe.

Link please.

by Anonymousreply 161November 25, 2020 7:27 PM

Your link was provided in R19.

by Anonymousreply 162November 25, 2020 8:05 PM

R159 I love you 💘

That's a great example. It's a large & prestigious enough institution to get him national coverage. He would be able to use his municipal skills, plus, if he did a good job, would allow Biden to promote him to a more senior position in a couple of years.

by Anonymousreply 163November 25, 2020 8:48 PM

I love you, too, R163!

Are you a top? Are you single?

by Anonymousreply 164November 25, 2020 11:34 PM

Go get a room you two!

by Anonymousreply 165November 26, 2020 1:12 AM

R164 Yes to both! 💘

by Anonymousreply 166November 26, 2020 9:34 PM

R155 and Rosie O’Donnell lost her girlish figure.

by Anonymousreply 167November 26, 2020 9:37 PM

Biden owes Pete, as Pete as one of the few Dem Candidates with DELEGATES who got behind him.

Biden is rolling out his administration, now, as for people in areas where they have already held Senate confirmation. The easy appointments.

Pete will be down the road.

Because we know McConnell is an asshole, I hope Biden pulls an administrative Bull Rush, RESCINDS Sally Yates termination and REINSTATES her as Acting AG.

I can see Moscow Mitch pitching a bitch over the new DEMOCRATIC Unitary Executive.

by Anonymousreply 168November 26, 2020 9:57 PM

How long can an acting AG serve?

by Anonymousreply 169November 26, 2020 10:02 PM

Under the NEW Unitary Executive?

I would say until Mitch and Elaine are indicted.

by Anonymousreply 170November 26, 2020 10:14 PM

He’s going to be the Assistant Secretary of Ex-Mayors.

by Anonymousreply 171November 26, 2020 10:29 PM

Because, if Pete is going to be nominated for a high level position, Biden will hold off his nom until the results of the GA elections are known.

It will be one of the last appointments.

by Anonymousreply 172November 26, 2020 10:37 PM

What about putting him in charge of the USPS?

by Anonymousreply 173November 26, 2020 11:25 PM

[quote] What about putting him in charge of the USPS?

Yes because there are no actual postal employees who are qualified to lead the postal service but the former mayor of a tiny town is . . .

by Anonymousreply 174November 27, 2020 12:15 AM

How about the Fish and Wildlife Service then R174?

by Anonymousreply 175November 27, 2020 8:04 AM

The most insightful piece I've read about his prospects... from South Bend of all places... explains he is in a competitive environment where experience is trumping, pardon the phrase, potential, so that's a factor. Doesn't exclude him but probably impacts what he can get.

Duckworth and Kander are both competitors for VA secretary, which is a bit of a poisoned chalice anyway, so he may even have a hard time getting that.

The wrinkle I hadn't thought of that is cited here is Kamala... and the question asked openly: does she want rivals in prominent positions - there are enough of them as is so would she really be keen on saying yes to a Pete prominent posting?

My money is still on ambassador because of that. Probably Canada or Mexico... it's important enough to make him feel good about it because both of part of the North American relationship but not prominent enough to grab him a ton of headlines that Harris would find problematic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176November 28, 2020 2:36 PM

Tom Perez has been a constant disappointment. Fire him. Put Pete in as head of the DNC. His ability to strategize and to speak to the media is much needed there.

by Anonymousreply 177November 28, 2020 2:42 PM

^ That actually might be a good place for him other than Ambassador. In twelve years - assuming four years of Biden and eight of Harris - he'd be fifty or fifty-one. That's young for President but plenty of time to build up his bonafides. In exchange for something that high profile he might cut a deal to lay low and keep out of Kamala's way.

by Anonymousreply 178November 28, 2020 2:45 PM

R175, if there is one thing I know about Pete, it's that he isn't interested in fish.

by Anonymousreply 179November 28, 2020 2:47 PM

At the DNC, he could build a network of valuable connections from coast to coast.

by Anonymousreply 180November 28, 2020 2:51 PM

Cindy McCain for UK Ambassador? Wasn't she a pill popping drug addict? She used to be an icon on Michael K's D-Listed b/c she always seemed fucked up during John McCain's run. It should have gone to Pete!

by Anonymousreply 181November 28, 2020 2:55 PM

Ambassador to Canada would be a good move for him.

Wouldn't he need to nail the VP slot in 2024 though alongside Kamala. Would she select him, or would he need to postpone any bid for the presidency until 2032?

by Anonymousreply 182November 28, 2020 2:58 PM

I think Veep would be a mistake. Too many successive Veeps looks too heir to the throne. People might get weary. Plus you want to look fresh, not like more of the same. It will be a long run of Kamala if it happens.

by Anonymousreply 183November 28, 2020 3:02 PM

Ambassador to Canada. Great.

And for the entirety of his time in the job, neither his face nor his name would ever appear in the media. Never.

That is no way to build his profile to advance Presidential ambitions.

by Anonymousreply 184November 28, 2020 3:03 PM

R183 I take your point, but won't that present Pete with a major challenge, if he's facing a known incumbent, with him being out of the country for so long?

by Anonymousreply 185November 28, 2020 3:05 PM

He surely wouldn't be out of the country for the whole time. Ambassador for awhile, another stint elsewhere. He could buy a home in a state with a senate seat coming open. There would be lots of options. I just think it's wise to avoid any appearance of a career politician waiting for.... his turn. He should build a track record independent of the executive branch.

Most veeps don't win the White House, at least for long. Out of 45 presidents, nine have been vice-president. There are better ways to build profile.

by Anonymousreply 186November 28, 2020 3:11 PM

Maybe it’s dumb, but I still think press secretary would be great. He’s an incredibly effective communicator and would fuck up any Fox News reporter trying to stir shit up.

by Anonymousreply 187November 28, 2020 3:41 PM

No gravitas and making enemies of reporters of all stripes. The job of press secretary is not to answer questions. It is the essence of dumb.

by Anonymousreply 188November 28, 2020 4:39 PM

You want to know what the Pete fans can't see? They've given into the reality TV/celebrity meritocracy. Pete has barely the credentials to be any of these high profile cabinet positions and you're shitting on those behind-the-scenes, longtime, public servants who have clearly earned these positions through their years of service and experience.

by Anonymousreply 189November 28, 2020 5:00 PM

Yes even as a big fan of Pete’s, I cringe at people complaining he didn’t get the UN ambassador role.... I mean, really? He should have gotten it and not the black woman with decades of experience in the foreign service, and diplomatic roles in places of strategic importance like Pakistan?

Nope, not buying it.

by Anonymousreply 190November 28, 2020 5:10 PM

Is Cindy McCain more qualified than Pete for Ambassador to UK?

by Anonymousreply 191November 28, 2020 5:12 PM

R189. You are doing anti-Pete trolling. Obviously you know little about the history of cabinet appointments from both parties going back decades. I wouldn't rely on you to assess anyone's credentials.

by Anonymousreply 192November 28, 2020 5:13 PM

Do enlighten us, R192. Your broad brush is such an intriguing opener. In simple words, of course, for us, rather than the scholarly language of your great and specific expertise.

by Anonymousreply 193November 28, 2020 5:15 PM

You really want to equate him with Betsy DeVos, R192? Ok......

by Anonymousreply 194November 28, 2020 5:16 PM

Ambassadorships are almost always given out to donors/friends. It's not really for eggheads.

R192, are you seriously going to be childish about this and accuse me of being anti-Pete because I'm pointing out how the real world works?

by Anonymousreply 195November 28, 2020 5:19 PM

Pete IS driver!

by Anonymousreply 196November 28, 2020 5:22 PM

[quote]...are you seriously going to be childish about this ...

It's the time honored Data Lounge way!

by Anonymousreply 197November 28, 2020 5:35 PM

Pete is brilliant. Ignore the Russian trolls, bigots, racial entitlement yappers, TERFs, and eldergays with a victim mentality.

by Anonymousreply 198November 28, 2020 7:37 PM

Why would TERFs be against Pete, R198?

by Anonymousreply 199November 28, 2020 9:45 PM

TERFS refers to how crazy Trans trolls call women. The Trans brigade does not respect women because Trans are misogynistic by nature. Thank god Pete doesn't listen to the Tranny brigade.

by Anonymousreply 200November 28, 2020 9:50 PM

And R198 lived happily ever after.

by Anonymousreply 201November 28, 2020 9:59 PM

Joe was really checking out dat ass

by Anonymousreply 202November 28, 2020 10:01 PM

If he wants to be a politician, then run for office. House, Senate, Governor...there are lots of places to start.

by Anonymousreply 203November 28, 2020 10:53 PM

That's what I always said, R203. He is absolutely brilliant, but he simply does not have the years of experience as a political wonk or different political offices to justify getting a high-profile role in this admin. I hope he is preparing to run for higher office.

by Anonymousreply 204November 28, 2020 11:02 PM

Why do people think he even wants a role ? Buying property in Michigan doesn't scream like he wants to move to the east coast .

by Anonymousreply 205November 29, 2020 12:07 PM

Jen Psaki has been named Press Secretary.

by Anonymousreply 206November 29, 2020 9:38 PM

But wha- wha- what about Pete?

by Anonymousreply 207November 29, 2020 9:40 PM

I hope he's planning to change his primary residence to MI so that he can run there as he's going nowhere in IN. And he's not getting a cabinet post either at this point. Perhaps he doesn't really want one, but I hope he makes a move in the near future.

by Anonymousreply 208November 29, 2020 10:12 PM

Poor tiny Pete.

by Anonymousreply 209November 29, 2020 10:33 PM

Table scraps.

by Anonymousreply 210November 29, 2020 10:39 PM

Right, R210. But as they say, elections have consequences. And Pete didn't win this election.

by Anonymousreply 211November 29, 2020 10:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!