Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you think Madonna is despondent over Kylie Minogue's INCREDIBLE success with "Disco"?

Let's face it, Madonna has done everything to piss on her legacy as Queen of Pop. I say this as a fan of Madonna's since 1983. The last few years have been painful.

I've always thought of Kylie as the Princess of Pop (although I guess one could argue Britney takes that title).

But, Kylie is now deserving of the title of Queen of Pop. She cares about her fans. She seems to enjoy herself. Her music is still fun and it's uniting people during a time like this. That's what the Queen of Pop SHOULD do.

Madame X, who?

Do you think Madge is going on a bender and yelling at the kids?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98April 24, 2021 12:45 AM

No.

by Anonymousreply 1November 13, 2020 7:46 PM

Bore

by Anonymousreply 2November 13, 2020 7:56 PM

"INCREDIBLE success"? I've only ever heard of this album here.

by Anonymousreply 3November 13, 2020 7:56 PM

Is that you, Janbot?

by Anonymousreply 4November 13, 2020 7:58 PM

Nope. Madge’s last album went number 1 in the US and 2 in the UK because Springsteen also released an album that week. Neither M or Kylie had a big hit single, they both get big first sales weeks based off of their legend status/core fanbase and then have a big drop-off.

Madonna already did the disco throwback album better 15 years ago anyways. (I love Disco but it’s no Confessions)

by Anonymousreply 5November 13, 2020 8:11 PM

Kylie Minogue is somewhat similar to Little Mix and Girls Aloud. Nobody gives a fuck about any of them in the US yet their fans make it sound like they invented pop music.

by Anonymousreply 6November 13, 2020 8:16 PM

Brits are very parochial and inward-looking.

They really can't grasp that not everyone thinks the same as they do.

What number of people in the US have even HEARD of Kylie Minogue?

by Anonymousreply 7November 13, 2020 8:20 PM

Kylie's biggest US hit was THE LOCOMOTION...over 32 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 8November 13, 2020 8:25 PM

Kylie’s a poor man’s Madonna

by Anonymousreply 9November 13, 2020 8:41 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 10November 13, 2020 8:48 PM

Kyle had two (sorta) hits in the US. "Locomotion" in the 80s and some dance song in the early 2000s. We would consider her a "One Hit Wonder".

I find her songs weird and unpleasant. I watched a concert she did in Sydney and noticed that her songs lacked "a hook". Not sure if it was just that album or all her music. Americans just don't dig her for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 11November 13, 2020 8:55 PM

[quote] Kyle had two (sorta) hits in the US. "Locomotion" in the 80s and some dance song in the early 2000s. We would consider her a "One Hit Wonder".

Hmm, doesn't that make her a TWO hit wonder?

by Anonymousreply 12November 13, 2020 8:58 PM

Probably. But nobody asked Madonna for some shitty Portuguese inspired hip-hop album or to work with Mirwais (who hasn’t had a hit in 20 years) again, so that was her fault.

by Anonymousreply 13November 13, 2020 9:11 PM

Madonna wishes she made an album like Body Language

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 13, 2020 9:16 PM

Kylie seems like a very likable person.

Madonna seems like a mean-spirited hag whose looks have caught up with her personality.

by Anonymousreply 15November 13, 2020 9:25 PM

Kylie has always fucked hotter guys, which is funny because she wasn't the one promoting a hyper-sexualized image.

by Anonymousreply 16November 13, 2020 9:28 PM

I'm fans of both Kylie & Madonna but what makes me like Kylie more is that she doesn't take herself too seriously. She knows her music and style is camp and she goes with it. I saw her "Les Folies" and "Golden" tours at the O2 and they were fun, campy spectacles.

Madonna used to be like that in the first half of her career but then became an "artist" and her music and style became less fun.

by Anonymousreply 17November 13, 2020 9:29 PM

In the USA, Kylie has had PLENTY of GAY hits, like "Better The Devil You Know."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 13, 2020 9:30 PM

"Spinning Around" in 2000 was also a big GAY hit for Kylie in the USA.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 13, 2020 9:30 PM

[quote]I'm fans of both Kylie & Madonna but what makes me like Kylie more is that she doesn't take herself too seriously.

Like most Australians Kylie will play on the image people have of her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 13, 2020 9:34 PM

Never heard any of those except Locomotion (a cover) and Can't Get You Out of My Head (which she didn't write). I hate both of them but at least Madonna pretends to be an artist.

by Anonymousreply 21November 13, 2020 9:36 PM

I like both of them. Kylie still puts out upbeat, fun music like Cher. Madonna has been trying way too hard for far too long.

by Anonymousreply 22November 13, 2020 9:54 PM

Is she supposed to be despondent?

by Anonymousreply 23November 13, 2020 10:07 PM

Is she a kangaroo.

by Anonymousreply 24November 13, 2020 11:26 PM

I think Madonna would be pretty upset. Kylie is shining on an album that she wrote or co-wrote, very melodic and interesting and fun songs that are also weird and make you want to listen again and again. It's great dance music. People are right that there is no filler.

I was tepid on Kylie because I thought "Golden" and "Kiss me once" were not really my thing, but this album is great.

For a legacy act, on Spotify usually the top songs are all old classic. When I was looking at Kylie's spotify, four out of the five songs are from the new record. For Madonna, when Madame X came out, all her top songs were Vogue, Material Girl, Like a Prayer, etc. Yes, they're bigger songs but as they were still being played more than her recent material shows that no one was interested in the harsh, amelodic Madame X

by Anonymousreply 25November 14, 2020 2:49 AM

Madonna need a big comeback quickly

by Anonymousreply 26November 14, 2020 2:53 AM

[quote]Madonna need a big comeback quickly

Don’t hold your breath. She only releases albums every 3-4 years these days. You’ll be lucky if she releases something in 2022, and by then she’ll be 64. Nobody has a comeback at that age.

She would be better off just not releasing new albums and just doing a greatest hits Vegas show.

by Anonymousreply 27November 14, 2020 4:38 AM

Madonna and Dannii are allegedly pretty close friends for about 20 years now (and I think were probably romantically involved back in the day), but Madonna notoriously refuses to meet or interact with Kylie despite wearing a Kylie t-shirt like 15 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 28November 17, 2020 11:38 PM

[Quote] Brits are very parochial and inward-looking.

Which is why they kept old blues and soul musicians working for decades.

by Anonymousreply 29November 17, 2020 11:40 PM

[Quote] by then she’ll be 64.

I was only getting the pahty started at that age.

by Anonymousreply 30November 17, 2020 11:41 PM

Except that technically 2020 is not part of a new decade (there was no year zero, do the math), so we’d need to wait until 2021 to see who has new decade hits.

by Anonymousreply 31November 18, 2020 12:04 AM

Nobody speaks of Madonna anymore - and that saddens me.

by Anonymousreply 32November 18, 2020 12:08 AM

[quote]Madonna and Dannii are allegedly pretty close friends for about 20 years now (and I think were probably romantically involved back in the day), but Madonna notoriously refuses to meet or interact with Kylie despite wearing a Kylie t-shirt like 15 years ago.

This isn't strictly true - Madonna and Dannii have been friends for longer than 20 years, they met when they both auditioned for Showgirls, Dannii in the Nomi Malone role and Madonna as Crystal Connors.

Dannii was recommended to Simon Cowell as an X Factor judge by Madonna and Madonna and cowrote Dannii's biggest hit All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You.

Madonna still holds a grudge against Kylie for recording The Locomotion and having a worldwide hit with it - Madonna had recorded it for the Like A Prayer album and had to scrap it.

by Anonymousreply 33November 18, 2020 11:29 AM

INCREDIBLE success?

by Anonymousreply 34November 18, 2020 1:01 PM

Shirley you jet r33.

by Anonymousreply 35November 18, 2020 5:45 PM

*jest

by Anonymousreply 36November 18, 2020 5:45 PM

Madonna and Dannii were on-again off-again lesbo lovers for like 20 years. I saw them at dinner in NYC together like 15 years ago and I swear to God Madge was finger banging her at the table while Dannii was giggling in this crazy Versace barely there gown. I have no idea why Madonna loathes Kylie so much when she's been shagging her sister all these years. Probably professionally threatened? I dunno.

by Anonymousreply 37November 19, 2020 12:35 AM

R37 - oh and let me add that DL fave Carrie Ann Inaba was at the same dinner and seemed pissed at their foolishness and left after only an hour or 2.5 hours. She had a crazy good dancers body. I still remember it like it was yesterday when she was walking out in this really tight but long navy blue dress. I'm gay but Carrie Ann is a damn sexy woman. Or she was then.

by Anonymousreply 38November 19, 2020 12:40 AM

And immortalized in "The Matrix."

by Anonymousreply 39November 19, 2020 12:44 AM

E39 - Matrix 4 and 5. It won't be released for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 40November 19, 2020 12:57 AM

there is no way I believe madonna fingered or ate pussy. she's a cunnilingus bottom and a tease.

by Anonymousreply 41November 20, 2020 10:20 PM

R33/R37/R38 - these are the type of bizarre, nonsensical posts on this site that keep me coming back, hahaha!

by Anonymousreply 42November 20, 2020 10:33 PM

R 32 I was choking on a mint the other day and told my husband there must have been dust on it. His response was "really-how did that happen?".

by Anonymousreply 43November 20, 2020 10:39 PM

Madonna has been obsessed with Carrie Ann for going on 30 years. And yes, I have seen the fully nude oil painting of Carrie Ann on the stripper pole that was in Madonna's NYC library and now editing studio.

by Anonymousreply 44November 21, 2020 12:13 AM

If Dannii Minogue isn't seething every day of her life and going through therapists like Chocolate (boy) then she should be nominated for sainthood.

by Anonymousreply 45November 21, 2020 1:03 AM

How does Cathy Dennis play into all of this?

by Anonymousreply 46November 21, 2020 1:07 AM

I always liked that Kylie did this. She really doesn't take herself too seriously.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 21, 2020 1:13 AM

Is she the busty lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 48November 23, 2020 1:01 PM

Kylie troll is the new Janbot. She fucking sucks and can't sing.

by Anonymousreply 49November 23, 2020 2:08 PM

The Locomotion would not have fit well into the Like A Prayer album at all.

by Anonymousreply 50November 23, 2020 2:14 PM

I do think that Madonna's sapphic "tendencies" tend to be swept under the carpet. I think that is a much more interesting than anything else about her.

by Anonymousreply 51November 23, 2020 2:30 PM

[quote]The Locomotion would not have fit well into the Like A Prayer album at all.

The track listing on the second side of the album was meant to be Cherish - Dear Jessie - Oh Father - The Locomotion - Spanish Eyes - Act Of Contrition.

When Madonna heard about Kylie's version of The Locomotion being a huge hit she threw a chair through a glass screen in the recording studio. Steve Bray tried to calm her down and got her to do some deep breathing exercises. He kept saying to her "Keep it together" and as they did their relaxation techniques together a new song was created!.

by Anonymousreply 52November 23, 2020 2:33 PM

R52 No way Vadge would ever sing such a shit song like Locomotion. You're full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 53November 23, 2020 2:39 PM

So why were the cunts on the DISCO thread saying her album flopped?

I knew there would be a different story if I looked up the facts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54November 23, 2020 2:42 PM

[quote]The singles bombed. The album bombed. She's screaming. The video is lame. Her plastic surgery looks OK right now but she's just about on the verge of her face looking like a mask. She's too old for this now. She has a long music legacy which she can stand by and be proud of - but it's time to stop now. Right now.

Who is this cunt?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55November 23, 2020 2:43 PM

I read the story @ r52 in the Village Voice. Madonna was so creative during that period.

by Anonymousreply 56November 23, 2020 2:45 PM

That would be impossible R52 considering Kylie released the Locomotion single in 1987 and Madonna didn't record/release the Like a Prayer album until 2 years later in1989.

At least neither Madonna or Kylie were fat.

Unlike Janet Jackson who is grossly humongously obese.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57November 23, 2020 2:46 PM

Janet Jackson in profile. Horrific. Her nose has finally fallen off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58November 23, 2020 2:47 PM

[Quote] No way Vadge would ever sing such a shit song like Locomotion

It's no Jimmy Jimmy.

by Anonymousreply 59November 23, 2020 2:48 PM

Whale!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60November 23, 2020 2:48 PM

Trying to cover up the blubber but failing as miserably as her career failed and went down the shitter >

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 23, 2020 2:57 PM

Jabba has looked like the green goblin truck from Maximum Overdrive for years. How sick/sad do ya have to be to do what she and Mike did to their bodies. Disgusting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62November 23, 2020 3:00 PM

Kylie's songs have plenty of hooks and her album is a hit in the U.S.

r11 doesn't know what she's talking about.

by Anonymousreply 63November 23, 2020 3:05 PM

Which of Kylie's albums is a hit in the US R63?

by Anonymousreply 64November 23, 2020 3:07 PM

Madonna hasn’t been cool in 15 years.

by Anonymousreply 65November 23, 2020 3:20 PM

No.

Madonna is American despite her occasional shit attempts at some other accent.

We of the United States, aside from some of the gays, are genetically predisposed to not giving a fuck about Kylie.

by Anonymousreply 66November 23, 2020 3:25 PM

The Kylie troll is one of the most absurd posters of late. Totally delusional.

by Anonymousreply 67November 23, 2020 3:26 PM

Considering that everything Madonna did in the 2000s was a Kylie ripoff, she probably is.

by Anonymousreply 68November 23, 2020 3:29 PM

The Kylie troll is Janbot R67. It's his new "disguise" and not a very good one.

That slobbering cunt Janbot is utterly obsessed with one thing and one thing only - Madonna and finding new ways of attacking her.

by Anonymousreply 69November 23, 2020 3:30 PM

R69 I can believe it. Janbot, like her idol Jabba, is not very bright. Single digit IQ, loaded with syphilis and personality disorders. Vadge never stole anything from a nothing like Kylie.

by Anonymousreply 70November 23, 2020 3:38 PM

LOL R70.

by Anonymousreply 71November 23, 2020 3:39 PM

[quote]That would be impossible [R52] considering Kylie released the Locomotion single in 1987 and Madonna didn't record/release the Like a Prayer album until 2 years later in1989.

Do you think Madonna pays any attention to the UK or Australian charts?

The Locomotion wasn't a hit in the US for Kylie until October 88, Madonna released Like A Prayer 5 months later in March 89.

Just imagine how Madonna must have felt when Kylie stole her song title Burning Up for a song on the Fever album, and even worse, when Kylie performed Burning Up live, she incorporated elements of Vogue into it!

by Anonymousreply 72November 23, 2020 3:40 PM

KYLIE MINOGUE'S 'DISCO' IS #2 IN THE U.S., HATERS!

We got some Jealous Bitches up in here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73November 23, 2020 3:52 PM

THE CRITICS ADORE KYLIE MINOGUE'S 'DISCO.'

YOU CUNTS ARE FULL OF SHIT AND ENVY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74November 23, 2020 3:53 PM

It's a good, groovy and fun album.

by Anonymousreply 75November 23, 2020 3:54 PM

This is what you call success, OP? It flopped in the US. Madame X debuted at #1:

In the United States, Disco debuted at number 26 on the Billboard 200 with 19,000 album-equivalent units.

by Anonymousreply 76November 23, 2020 3:59 PM

Janbot: Stay PRESSED, HUNTIES.

by Anonymousreply 77November 23, 2020 4:01 PM

Number 26 is still a big hit and bigger than anything r76 has ever accomplished.

But then it went to #2.

All you can do is is lie about people you envy. Not a good look, gurl.

by Anonymousreply 78November 23, 2020 4:07 PM

"Say Something"= #3 on the U.S. Dance/Electronic Digital Song Sales.

And all the U.K. hits you're trying to dismiss are CASH MONEY, HUNTY. She's making millions of people have joy at a truly shitty time, which is not "nothing" or "nobody."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79November 23, 2020 4:10 PM

Here's the hit single and it's not hard to hear why.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80November 23, 2020 4:11 PM

[quote]But then it went to #2.

No it didn't. The album peaked at #26 in the US.

by Anonymousreply 81November 23, 2020 4:14 PM

The one difference between Madonna and Kylie is that Kylie seems to genuinely enjoy and appreciate her fans and is grateful for them where as Madonna seems to see them as an inconvenience and is constantly preaching to them. Kylie just seems to want to have fun and entertain which is what we desperately need right now. Her timing with this new album couldn't have come at a better time.

by Anonymousreply 82November 23, 2020 4:30 PM

A semi truck crushing the Kylie troll's head cannot come fast enough.

by Anonymousreply 83November 23, 2020 4:47 PM

[quote]The one difference between Madonna and Kylie is that Kylie seems to genuinely enjoy and appreciate her fans and is grateful for them where as Madonna seems to see them as an inconvenience and is constantly preaching to them. Kylie just seems to want to have fun and entertain which is what we desperately need right now. Her timing with this new album couldn't have come at a better time.

After the initial success of Confide In Me through to Spinning Around, the 5 year period between 1995 and 2000 was not a great one for Kylie. The Impossible Princess album wasn't appreciated and to make matters worse, along came old friend Natalie Imbruglia with something similar but better which people loved.

The Intimate & Live tour was overlooked by a lot of the media but it recognised a decade of Kylie as a recording artist and the response from fans was an experience she never forget.

The criticism of her during that time was vicious and spiteful, but now everyone likes her because there's nothing to dislike about her. She's sincere, she's genuine. she's funny, she doesn't take herself too seriously. It's why her performance at Glastonbury was the most watched ever in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 84November 23, 2020 4:56 PM

Can someone explain why the album is both #26 and #2? I have no idea how these music charts work.

by Anonymousreply 85November 24, 2020 12:24 AM

R85: Kylie went in at #26 on the main Billboard album chart which combines sales and streaming. She made it to #2 on the pure sales chart.

No older acts do well on streaming compared to rappers, the Ariana Grandes and Dua Lipas, etc.

by Anonymousreply 86November 24, 2020 1:50 AM

No, Madonna is probably too busy being despondent about other things.

by Anonymousreply 87November 24, 2020 2:57 AM

#26 is well. It’s a hit.

by Anonymousreply 88November 24, 2020 5:17 AM

R86 - they need to revise the criteria so that only paid subscribers can have their plays counted for streaming, while free subscriptions get some fraction of a whole stream. That would take away all the rappers and Ariana and Duo Liposuction.

by Anonymousreply 89November 25, 2020 1:28 AM

Thank God for Kylie.

Madonna has turned into a plastic piece of trash with a fake fat ass. She's an embarrassment. She is destroying her legacy and she becomes even more irrelevant and tacky.

Kylie just radiates fun and proves a pop princess can age with dignity.

by Anonymousreply 90April 17, 2021 6:55 AM

Kylie has never had a #1 hit in the US.

by Anonymousreply 91April 17, 2021 7:02 AM

Kylie Minogue has always exuded an effortless sexuality in a way that Madonna wishes she could.

by Anonymousreply 92April 17, 2021 1:49 PM

R53 “I’m Going Bananas”

by Anonymousreply 93April 17, 2021 2:15 PM

As well, Little Eva > Madonna

by Anonymousreply 94April 17, 2021 2:16 PM

Madonna needs to stop trying to be relevant and do what she does best - make great pop songs.

Surely she has Max Martin's number.

BTW I'm still laughing that someone took my post at R33 seriously.

by Anonymousreply 95April 17, 2021 2:18 PM

Who was better Dinah Shore or Doris Day? Janis or Grace? Donna or Diana? Debbie or Patti? Etc until our heads explode. Who cares? You can buy it or not. I get through many days of any given year not thinking about Kylie or Madonna - both at the far end of their pop careers.

by Anonymousreply 96April 24, 2021 12:04 AM

Britney is only the queen of lip synching.

And non-talent.

by Anonymousreply 97April 24, 2021 12:08 AM

Kylie is the queen of camp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98April 24, 2021 12:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!