Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Industry, Lens Dunham's new show on HBO

Just what we needed during the pandemic: A show about obnoxious, self-important investment bankers and stilted conversations that would never take place in the real world. In case you think I'm being harsh, the New York Times also hated it. Lens directed. At least she didn't write this pile of dung. I gave it ten minutes and that was all I could take. Other opinions?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173February 24, 2021 3:40 PM

Is she going to be naked on camera again? {shudder}

by Anonymousreply 1November 12, 2020 12:33 AM

You have stamina OP. I quit at 5:33.

by Anonymousreply 2November 12, 2020 12:36 AM

I didn't watch it. In fact I quit at "Industry, Lens Dunham's..." when reading this thread.

by Anonymousreply 3November 12, 2020 12:37 AM

Critics also hated the new show Sex and the City but you see what happened there.

[quote] Just what we needed during the pandemic: A show about obnoxious, self-important investment bankers and stilted conversations that would never take place in the real world.

Please tell me what "we" need and don't need. You do not speak for me.

by Anonymousreply 4November 12, 2020 12:38 AM

I don't see her having another successful show unless it's something she knows well, like eating.

by Anonymousreply 5November 12, 2020 12:40 AM

I think she could do a good show about insufferable people. Such as she did with Girls, which as good, but also insufferable, and about hideous people. It was good for 2-3 years. No denying. She could do a good campus show, for example. She could do a show based on an Oberlin like place filled with horrible people and 1 or 2 delightful people having to put up with them. But the horrible people have to say funny things and be horrible in a slightly amusing way.

by Anonymousreply 6November 12, 2020 12:44 AM

The ratings are in, and Lens has a disaster on her (cherubic) hands: It wasn't even in the Top 150 Cable shows for Monday night. 89K viewers. Enough to send a director into a seismic eating binge.

by Anonymousreply 7November 12, 2020 12:44 AM

I quite liked the first episode, and not just for the beautiful young dong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 12, 2020 1:58 AM

Yeah that dude is so hot and tight, nice creamy skin too. The only thing that caught my interest in the trailer.

by Anonymousreply 9November 12, 2020 8:16 AM

Does this failure mean that we can look forward to a lot less Lens in the media?

by Anonymousreply 10November 12, 2020 9:22 AM

R10 this failure. Plus the loss of 100lbs would be required to see a lot less of Lens.

by Anonymousreply 11November 12, 2020 9:53 AM

The first episode dong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 12, 2020 10:55 AM

Did she intentionally write insufferable characters for Girls, or did she just write about what she knows and it just so happened that all the people she knows and herself are insufferable?

I don't see the claimed genius in her writing.

by Anonymousreply 13November 12, 2020 10:57 AM

Will taking Valtrex keep outbreaks of Lena Dunham under control?

by Anonymousreply 14November 12, 2020 11:06 AM

I saw the first 3 episodes. And there is more impressive full frontal male nudity. In Episode 3, Jonathan Barnell gets naked and OH BOY!!!!! Literally the biggest dick on big screen I have ever seen. MASSIVE doesn't even describe it. Where has this actor been hiding?????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 12, 2020 11:13 AM

It's not her show. She directed the first episode and that's it. She's not a writer, not a producer, not a creator.

R8/R12 Quite a few people seem to think it must be a prosthetic, but I don't see why they'd bother going to the lengths of attaching a prosthetic for a 5 second scene which really could've been cut and it'd make no difference.

by Anonymousreply 16November 12, 2020 12:32 PM

[quote]I saw the first 3 episodes

How? I've seen screenshots of the scene you mention, was wondering where they came from.

by Anonymousreply 17November 12, 2020 12:33 PM

r17, at a film festival.

by Anonymousreply 18November 12, 2020 12:36 PM

R16 a simple IMDB search would have told you she's the Executive Producer. First in the credits at that.

by Anonymousreply 19November 12, 2020 1:57 PM

R19 Except she isn't. Her only credit is for directing. Why lie?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 13, 2020 3:54 AM

Girls was groundbreaking. I don't see anything groundbreaking about this show. I didn't even know Dunham was involved and I still wanted to like the show, but didn't.

It was watchable, though, which is better than all the Netflix dreck.

by Anonymousreply 21November 13, 2020 4:33 AM

[quote] R17 at a film festival.

R15, which film festival was showing the first three episodes.

by Anonymousreply 22November 13, 2020 5:07 AM

So there are no white girls in this? How will Lena relate?

by Anonymousreply 23November 13, 2020 4:54 PM

So far I like it. I got American Psycho vibes from the whole set up with the ambitious newbies and the murder / suicide? mystery.

by Anonymousreply 24November 13, 2020 5:01 PM

Did R18 ever list the film festival where he saw the first three episodes of Industry? I don't see it and wanted to make sure I didn't overlook it.

by Anonymousreply 25November 13, 2020 11:31 PM

Lens is a better director than actress, and a better actress than writer.

by Anonymousreply 26November 14, 2020 12:38 AM

[quote]Girls was groundbreaking.

To who? Lena Dunham?

by Anonymousreply 27November 14, 2020 12:52 AM

She was the voice of a generation, or a voice.

by Anonymousreply 28November 14, 2020 1:01 AM

Sure, Lena.

by Anonymousreply 29November 14, 2020 1:19 AM

R28 was a direct quote from Girls.

by Anonymousreply 30November 14, 2020 1:31 AM

At least some of the dudes are cute.

by Anonymousreply 31November 14, 2020 1:56 AM

[quote]At least some of the dudes are cute.

One of the actors, Will Tudor, played the conniving whore Olyvar on "Game of Thrones".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 14, 2020 2:13 AM

Reading skills? This is not a Lens Dunham atrocity. Reading skills? This is not a Lens Dunham atrocity. Reading skills? This is not a Lens Dunham atrocity. Reading skills? This is not a Lens Dunham atrocity. Reading skills? This is not a Lens Dunham atrocity. Reading skills? This is not a Lens Dunham atrocity. Reading skills? This is not a Lens Dunham atrocity. Reading skills? This is not a Lens Dunham atrocity. Reading skills? This is not a Lens Dunham atrocity. Reading skills? This is not a Lens Dunham atrocity. Reading skills? This is not a Lens Dunham atrocity. Reading skills? This is not a Lens Dunham atrocity. Reading skills? This is not a Lens Dunham atrocity. Reading skills? This is not a Lens Dunham atrocity. Reading skills? This is not a Lens Dunham atrocity. Reading skills? This is not a Lens Dunham atrocity. Reading skills? This is not a Lens Dunham atrocity. Reading skills? This is not a Lens Dunham atrocity. Reading skills? This is not a Lens Dunham atrocity. Reading skills? This is not a Lens Dunham atrocity. Reading skills? This is not a Lens Dunham atrocity. Reading skills? This is not a Lens Dunham atrocity. Reading skills? This is not a Lens Dunham atrocity. Reading skills? This is not a Lens Dunham atrocity. Reading skills? This is not a Lens Dunham atrocity. Reading skills? This is not a Lens Dunham atrocity. Reading skills? This is not a Lens Dunham atrocity. Reading skills? This is not a Lens Dunham atrocity. Reading skills? This is not a Lens Dunham atrocity. Reading skills? This is not a Lens Dunham atrocity. Reading skills? This is not a Lens Dunham atrocity. Reading skills? This is not a Lens Dunham atrocity.

by Anonymousreply 33November 14, 2020 6:53 AM

R22, London.

by Anonymousreply 34November 14, 2020 9:24 AM

What r16 said. This is not a Lens project, she just directed an episode. OP is clueless.

I watched the first two today and so far I am into it. The fact that we have been given full frontal male nudity in each episode doesn't hurt.

by Anonymousreply 35November 23, 2020 2:53 AM

[quote]Literally the biggest dick on big screen I have ever seen

Too bad it's attached to... that.

by Anonymousreply 36November 23, 2020 1:59 PM

I couldn't even get through Episode 1. Not interested.

by Anonymousreply 37November 23, 2020 3:35 PM

I stuck around for the dong, but I'm out after two episodes. Longer than I lasted with The Undoing though.

by Anonymousreply 38November 23, 2020 3:48 PM

I love watching for all the London scenes....and the English cocks.

by Anonymousreply 39November 23, 2020 3:54 PM

[quote]Longer than I lasted with The Undoing though.

The Undoing probably had the undong though.

by Anonymousreply 40November 23, 2020 3:58 PM

Love the female lead's "quest" to see British, uncut dick. Got a kick out of seeing Sarah Parrish as drunken lush, big shot in the finance world grabbing a woman's pussy. Guess Ruby Bentall (Poldark, Jekyll & Hyde, Lark Rise to Candleford) is only in the first two episodes.

I like the sexy and adult nature of the series. I mean, the stock market industry can be such a boring set-up, but the show does make it work.

by Anonymousreply 41November 23, 2020 4:08 PM

R16 R35 You misunderstand the role of the director of a pilot in television.

An attachment of a pilot director can get, as it did in this case, a series order from a network or studio. ('Industry' had been in development for at least two years before she attached.)

A pilot director, even if they never direct another episode of the show, is paid royalties (subject to whatever deal they negotiate) on every episode of the show after the pilot. If they direct more episodes, they get their fee plus royalties. Dunham may not take a 'co-creator' or 'created by' title at the top of the show, but she's definitely considered a co-creator of the show and her name will be third among the producers on the call sheet for the rest of its run.

by Anonymousreply 42November 23, 2020 4:12 PM

[Quote]. I mean, the stock market industry can be such a boring set-up, but the show does make it work.

I liked Wolf of Wallstreet a lot, I say the finance industry can be a great backdrop. Fast spaced and high stakes with lots of money being thrown around.

by Anonymousreply 43November 23, 2020 4:41 PM

Thanks r42, I did not know that and I appreciate the info.

by Anonymousreply 44November 23, 2020 4:49 PM

R42 So she gets paid royalties - and? She has no producing role. Unless you can provide a photo of the Industry call sheet, you're just making shit up.

And as if Lena Dunham is going to reject a credit on a show.

by Anonymousreply 45November 23, 2020 5:17 PM

R45 She has an e.p. credit. That is a producing role. Even if that role is the co-creators saying, 'Lena Dunham directed our pilot.' That's enough. And there are a lot of different kinds of producers. There's no shit to make up. Most of the people credited as producers on TV are not producers at all but writers credited as co-e.p.'s or e.p.'s for the run of a season. They get a 'written by' credit once or twice a season on network TV. Cable can be different. But none of those people is a 'producer,' in the way that it seems like you think it means.

Again, I think you 're not understanding the significance of the person who directs a show's pilot. It's a show on a major network. She directed the pilot. That sets the tone for the rest of the show. Decisions to make more episodes are usually but not always are based on the quality of the pilot. I don't like Lena as a person, I don't like her work, but that's just how TV works. The way it was reported in the trades, HBO picked it up (either as a co-studio, or licensed it from BBC) because she attached for the pilot.

When Bad Wolf (co-studio with BBC & HBO) announced the show, she was the only director they even mentioned. And because she did the pilot, they're listing her as an e.p. They clearly hired other writing e.p.'s, brought on other non-writing e.p.'s (usually network execs, sometimes stars) and they definitely picked up other directors.

Looking at the aired credits in the US, she's only listed as a director. So there goes your theory or whatever about her rejecting credit. Maybe HBO (Max), BBC or Bad Studio got her name off the credit block. Or her contract specified it. Half the people at the top at HBO who got the show made just got fired a couple months ago. Maybe Lena's champion at HBO got fired and then HBO fucked her over. Great.

Lena sucks, don't waste your energy worrying about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 24, 2020 6:28 AM

You can attempt to patronise me all you'd like, but it looks rather fake when you then have to admit she's not listed in the credits on the actual show as a producer. So, which to trust, a mistake on a website, or the actual broadcast credits, hmm.

As for wasting energy - you're the one typing paragraphs contradicting yourself.

by Anonymousreply 47November 24, 2020 6:32 AM

Patti, don't start. Maybe with your looks, being a bitch isn't the right move?

by Anonymousreply 48November 24, 2020 6:41 AM

investment bankers are terrible in the sack, they're always so coked up or tensed about losing money, that's what my sister in law says about my brother.

by Anonymousreply 49November 24, 2020 6:58 AM

Speaking of the show, it's a shame they broke their dick streak. Sweaty football guy was cute.

by Anonymousreply 50November 24, 2020 6:59 AM

omg instant flop. worst reviews in recent memory....hbo : fail

by Anonymousreply 51November 24, 2020 7:01 AM

Some really hot guys in the cast, but no one wants to watch a show about vapid money-makers right now, especially smug British ones plus a sanctimonious American.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52November 24, 2020 11:23 AM

In OP's pic, why is there a black, entitled bitch in the front while the hetero white guys have been relegated to the back?

by Anonymousreply 53November 24, 2020 11:30 AM

Henry’s penis looked like a prosthetic.

by Anonymousreply 54November 24, 2020 11:31 AM

r53, because she is the protagonist aka the lead.

by Anonymousreply 55November 24, 2020 11:57 AM

If irs HBO, it’s got a mostly British cast pretending be American, with a few Brits thrown in who can’t do an American accent, so they play Brits.

The B in HBO stands for “British actors” and the “O” stands for “Other than American.”

by Anonymousreply 56November 24, 2020 2:45 PM

This show takes in in London dear r56, so those British actors aren't pretend to be Yanks.

by Anonymousreply 57November 24, 2020 2:56 PM

You think r56 gives a shit about facts?

by Anonymousreply 58November 24, 2020 3:00 PM

R15 lied, there is no full frontal in the third episode. I think you were thinking of the nude scene from the second episode.

Which is a definitely a nice dick, but the biggest you've ever seen?!

by Anonymousreply 59November 24, 2020 3:15 PM

R59, Sorry I meant from episode 4, there is a sex scene between him and Yasmin. Wait one more week.

by Anonymousreply 60November 24, 2020 3:43 PM

R54 Seems unlikely they'd bother with a prosthetic for a few seconds? Especially when they didn't show dick during episode 3's fuck scene - you'd think if they were using prosthetics they'd stick one on the sweaty footballer.

R60 Do you not mean episode 2? Their sex scene was last week.

Gus must be hung like a field mouse to be able to fuck with barely any spit as lube

by Anonymousreply 61November 24, 2020 5:44 PM

[Quote]Seems unlikely they'd bother with a prosthetic for a few seconds?

I personally don't think that scene was a prosthetic, but thinking that how much airtime is the final cut is somehow the determinant is terrible logic.

by Anonymousreply 62November 24, 2020 5:51 PM

R62 So what else do you really think could've logically happened in that scene? He had a whole soliloquy?

by Anonymousreply 63November 24, 2020 5:54 PM

No, my point was that the decider on those things is !1l Was full nudity worked out in the actors contract? If not its not happening, its going to be a prosthetic. 2) Does the network, showrunner and intimacy coordinator think full nudity is acceptable in this scene.

Not how long the scene is. To use a recent example with Ratched you could see Finn Wittrocks "dick" for barely 2 seconds but that was a prosthetic.

by Anonymousreply 64November 24, 2020 7:05 PM

Given the answer to both of those questions is obviously a yes, I don't see how they're relevant in this case. And comparing a poorly lit scene where a poorly fitting prosthesis can make do to such a full on shot that would require hours of work for a few seconds is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 65November 24, 2020 8:26 PM

Interesting to see them chomping down on smart drug Modafinil. I remember taking that about ten years ago. It has the same effect on the stomach as too much ibruprofen. Phentermine is much nicer.

by Anonymousreply 66November 28, 2020 2:52 AM

For some reason she’s doing a few shows on HBO. Who in the hell knows why?

by Anonymousreply 67November 28, 2020 2:55 AM

Episode three had the only semi-hot gay scene But then it’s revealed one of them - the white guy - is actually closeted and has a girlfriend? In London, in 2020? Boring, honestly.

by Anonymousreply 68November 28, 2020 11:26 PM

Yes, lots of closeted people exist in London in 2020. Duh

by Anonymousreply 69November 28, 2020 11:28 PM

It was referenced before episode 3 that he had a girlfriend r68.

And yes, though they aren't as common as they once were you can still find closet cases in 2020 even in western nations.

by Anonymousreply 70November 29, 2020 3:19 AM

What world do some of you live where few people are closeted?

by Anonymousreply 71November 29, 2020 3:48 AM

I thought I was crazy when I saw the entire rest of the season was up, but I see HBO did decide to release it all at once which is unlike them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72November 29, 2020 1:45 PM

I made it all the way through episode eight. Mostly it was just to see if they would ever begin anything remotely looking like a story. They didn’t. And then it was over.

by Anonymousreply 73November 29, 2020 3:19 PM

Just watched episode 4. So Rob let a guy blow him? Intriguing.

Also the conversation between Eric and Harper at the end was done well. I continue to be into it but I take your point r73 that there isn't an overarching plot driving the season.

by Anonymousreply 74November 29, 2020 7:40 PM

IMO it looks like the UK show Skins (2007 - 2013) but with young adults in their 20s.

by Anonymousreply 75November 29, 2020 7:51 PM

It is reminiscent of Skins or Euphoria, though set in the world of finance.

The difference is those shows were popular, for whatever reason this show seems to be flying under radar and I am suspecting a renewal is unlikely. Pity, I am liking it.

by Anonymousreply 76November 30, 2020 12:49 AM

[QUOTE] isn't an overarching plot driving the season.

The overarching plot is will the four graduates get jobs at Pierpoint. Other narratives - will Yasmin and Harry ever have sex, will Greg die of his excessive drug use, will Harper be discovered to have lied about her qualifications, will Gus' lover ever leave his wife.

by Anonymousreply 77November 30, 2020 3:28 PM

Everyone in this except William Tudor and the older actors are newbies waiting for their breakthrough role. As such, of course they agree to full frontal nudity and sex scenes. The girl playing Harper has an uncomfortably thin and childlike body but it's on full display on three separate occasions. Yasmin strips off and so does Robert. Both look good. Yasmin's bf is creepy but he has a full frontal scene too.

by Anonymousreply 78November 30, 2020 3:33 PM

Harry Lawtey is gay - check other thread for pic of him and his boyfriend, actor Nick Nunn.

by Anonymousreply 79November 30, 2020 3:36 PM

unwatchable, jus like her face n ass....

by Anonymousreply 80November 30, 2020 5:32 PM

Is Harry Lawtey seriously gay? And what other thread, can we link this supposed boyfriend here?

by Anonymousreply 81November 30, 2020 5:44 PM

Harry and his boyfriend, Nick Nunn. 'My flying Scotsman'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82December 1, 2020 11:43 PM

Thanks r82, but are we basing everything off that picture? Two lads getting drunk together, not convinced they are a couple.

by Anonymousreply 83December 1, 2020 11:50 PM

Nope, check the vibe of his entire instagram.

by Anonymousreply 84December 2, 2020 12:02 AM

Do people still watch HBO?

by Anonymousreply 85December 2, 2020 12:04 AM

Why wasn’t she cancelled for raping her little sister?

by Anonymousreply 86December 2, 2020 12:05 AM

Now that I've finished the show I am actually surprised by how flawed they took the main character. Certainly no one can accuse her of being a Mary Jane, she was shown to behave every bit as dastardly and underhanded as the antihero male lead. Also noticeable that its our white male lead that comes from a poor background while the wealthy and entitled character is a black guy. And the handsy sexual assaulting client is a woman. They definitely tried to go against the grain with those choices

I'd put Ken Leung and Harry Lawtey as the best performances.

by Anonymousreply 87December 2, 2020 12:57 AM

This is actually a very good, if flawed, show. They get something very right with the office culture, hierarchies, and corporate "types". The principal characters can be vile and maddening, but they feel real and messy and fluid (including sexually). And we are spared the usual climactic redemption or "uplift". And yes, some of the guys are hot.

by Anonymousreply 88December 2, 2020 12:14 PM

Harry Lawtey wins "Dong of the Year." Fuck anyone perseverating over "it's fake." Fuck you right in the ass with a barbed-wire-wrapped dildo.

by Anonymousreply 89December 2, 2020 1:23 PM

My dick was bigger r89

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90December 2, 2020 1:28 PM

But I'm prettier, r90.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91December 2, 2020 1:34 PM

R87 Agreed, I'm glad they showed her up as a hypocrite too. Though it taking that path will probably mean it won't get support from the groups it needs to to get a second season.

by Anonymousreply 92December 2, 2020 2:54 PM

So is Lawtey's character bi? I thought he was joking in the first episode when he made the comment about sucking off the black gay guy but guess not. I know they are trying to make him hip and cool and fluid but why no explicit sex scenes with men? Plenty with women but as usual, same old homophobic heteronormative double standard when it comes to anything gay. Why not show the twink sucking him off in the bathroom rather than merely hear about it in the context of his heterosexual panty sniffing crap....

by Anonymousreply 93December 2, 2020 5:34 PM

Also, Lawtey would be hot if he were taller and didn't look like he was barely past puberty - he can't really pull off the aggressive sexuality like the other guys...

by Anonymousreply 94December 2, 2020 5:36 PM

[quote]Also, Lawtey would be hot if he were taller

6'2"’s not enough for you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95December 2, 2020 5:50 PM

I doubt his character would personally consider himself bi r93, but clearly in his actions he isn't afraid of getting physical with guys. I mean even letting the guy do coke off his asshole he did without hesitation.

by Anonymousreply 96December 2, 2020 5:53 PM

[quote]I know they are trying to make him hip and cool and fluid

I mean...no? What part of him do you think was hip and cool?

by Anonymousreply 97December 2, 2020 6:01 PM

He looks tiny on tv...

by Anonymousreply 98December 2, 2020 9:07 PM

'Also, Lawtey would be hot if he were taller'

He is 6ft 2 lol

by Anonymousreply 99December 2, 2020 10:21 PM

Lawty is very hot. Big blue eyes which the low lighting of Industry didn't pick up well.

by Anonymousreply 100December 2, 2020 10:22 PM

[quote]letting the guy do coke off his asshole

Which episode was that? How naked did he get?

by Anonymousreply 101December 3, 2020 1:28 AM

He blew it up his ass. It was a pants down scene with limited flesh showing and was deliberately awkward.

by Anonymousreply 102December 3, 2020 7:41 AM

so was the dutch Muslim guy blowing coke up Lawty's ass also bi? I've heard of booty bumps before but never literally blowing coke up a guy's ass before - not sure how accurate that is - the show needs better plot exposition...

by Anonymousreply 103December 3, 2020 8:34 AM

[quote]I've heard of booty bumps before but never literally blowing coke up a guy's ass before - not sure how accurate that is - the show needs better plot exposition...

They figure we've all heard of Stevie Nicks.

by Anonymousreply 104December 3, 2020 8:47 AM

r103, not up a guy's ass, but isn't there an urban legend (or the absolute truth?) of blowing coke up Stevie Nicks' ass?

by Anonymousreply 105December 3, 2020 9:18 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106December 3, 2020 10:19 AM

^ what does Lens do when fibro strikes while she is busy directing?

She’s so brave!

by Anonymousreply 107December 3, 2020 10:20 AM

r93 I do think there is an implication that Hawtley's character is open to some homosex activity, even if he's primarily a pussy hound. You see the way he interacts with his his gay roomate Gus and other gays on the show (including potentially his boss) - there's clearly a level of comfort with physical intimacy. And yes the hookup with the aspiring student I think is meant to be taken at face value even though they don't show it.

by Anonymousreply 108December 3, 2020 12:02 PM

R103 You try and blame the show saying it needs better exposition, but the fact you're asking if the "Muslim guy" is bi suggests the actual problem is you not paying attention.

by Anonymousreply 109December 3, 2020 12:26 PM

The Muslim guy's name is Hari.

Robert seems to be a fluid type who definitely enjoyed a blowjob from that hot student. Yasmin dismissed his description of it, but he seems to be one of those super tactile Harry Styles types who is chill about letting physical affection with anyone hot slide into sex. He had sex with a client in a club bathroom in .Episode 1.

by Anonymousreply 110December 3, 2020 7:15 PM

So do we see the student suck him or just hear tell? Maybe I do need to watch this!

by Anonymousreply 111December 3, 2020 7:49 PM

Too often this was little more than a doomy porno about people in banking masquerading as a drama.

by Anonymousreply 112December 3, 2020 8:07 PM

Sex and partying antics is fun TV in my book.

by Anonymousreply 113December 3, 2020 8:35 PM

R112 What kind of shitty porn have you been watching with so little nudity?

by Anonymousreply 114December 3, 2020 9:08 PM

r109 What did I get wrong? The guy was referred to as Muslim in a subsequent episode when Robert was with his boss in Amsterdam meeting with the big dutch client who gave the crude story about Muslim immigrants to Holland having never seen a western toilet before. This was after Robert made an excuse for Hari missing the meeting because of an upset stomach.

by Anonymousreply 115December 3, 2020 10:23 PM

When you're saying a show needs more exposition, but you don't even know a character's name, and then ask if they were bi when the show wasn't exactly vague about that...

by Anonymousreply 116December 3, 2020 11:58 PM

R114, I didn't say it succeeded as being pron but it's not really dramatic either. It's a failure on both counts. I feel sorry for the actors with all the simulated sex scenes and masturbation scenes they all have to do. Is that really so earth shattering, the stuff of drama? Twentysomethings masturbate? Ground breaking.

I did like when the guy kept walking into the glass wall though.

by Anonymousreply 117December 4, 2020 5:58 PM

R117 You're acting like it was non-stop sex scenes.

by Anonymousreply 118December 4, 2020 5:59 PM

I thought the failed threesome attempt and the scene she where she had cold feet about asking him to eat his cum off the mirror and he does it anyway were some of my favorite scenes of the series. Not at all because they were porny, I didn't think either really was, but because they were just good scenes.

by Anonymousreply 119December 4, 2020 6:04 PM

Whose dong came on a mirror?

by Anonymousreply 120December 4, 2020 6:04 PM

Just watch the damn show already r120!

by Anonymousreply 121December 4, 2020 6:07 PM

Now I wouldn't watch it if you paid my cable bill, Cuntessa di r121.

by Anonymousreply 122December 4, 2020 7:11 PM

Well R118, remove all the sex scenes and I’m not sure what is left really. I mean, why was it so important for that guy to eat his own cum? Oh, and then get blown by the graduate hopeful? And receive photos of his co-worker getting eaten out by her boyfriend? Oh, and then have an aborted three way? And that’s just one of the characters.

When you have characters showing up for five minutes just to have a sex scene and other characters who are only notable for their large appendages, etc., it kind of is like porn. Slow moving for sure but that’s the whole raison detre of the show. Young people shagging.

Not sure what show you’ve been watching.

by Anonymousreply 123December 10, 2020 3:52 AM

It sounds like R123 is a virgin and has never had much of a sex life.

by Anonymousreply 124December 10, 2020 7:46 PM

R123 is honestly weird to me. Somehow they don't seem to understand that scenes involving sex can do just as much important character work of scenes of people at work.

The sex scenes in this show were rarely "lets pause the plot and look at the actors naked", a lot of character development is involved.

It honestly seems like sex makes you uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 125December 10, 2020 8:27 PM

Renewed!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126December 10, 2020 8:38 PM

R126, yay!

Unlike the spineless ppl who blindly follow what the NYT says, I loved it. The dialogues, the characters deserve a closer look.

by Anonymousreply 127December 10, 2020 8:43 PM

Very happy about the renewal. From what I can see the ratings haven't been that good, so HBO didn't have to do that. They choose to be supportive of it.

by Anonymousreply 128December 10, 2020 9:02 PM

[quote]The dialogues, the characters, the dongs deserve a closer look.

Fixed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129December 10, 2020 9:11 PM

R123 Sounds to me like you only watched the sex scenes, then complained there was nothing else. That's literally the only way your posts makes any sense.

by Anonymousreply 130December 10, 2020 9:21 PM

YES R126!

There's so much more to explore with these characters, and any others they choose to introduce.

by Anonymousreply 131December 10, 2020 10:12 PM

I bet the celibate R123 will still watch Season 2, so they can come here and bitch endlessly about it.

by Anonymousreply 132December 10, 2020 10:13 PM

It's basically just like "Girls," except the characters are much more ethnically diverse and much wealthier

But they whine about sex and body image and finding a career, just like in "Girls," and they discuss their bizarre ethical standards, just like in "Girls."

by Anonymousreply 133December 19, 2020 5:50 PM

I thought the show was well done, especially the music was great. And while I love shows about unlikeable characters, the people in this show were just fucking stupid.

It's fine if Harper is scamming her way to the top but she should have been fired a long time ago. She was dumb and unprofessional, making mistakes and losing money, blabbing about her bonus when she was told not to do that, barging into the meeting room and wanting to talk to Daria - wtf was that? None of it made sense. I guess we are supposed to root for her (and the other characters) but I don't see any reason why.

So, is everyone in London doing drugs?

by Anonymousreply 134December 19, 2020 8:42 PM

R134, so I gather that in the US you don't? (I mean do drugs)

As to your opinion on the characters: well, they are flawed, so are human beings in general...

by Anonymousreply 135December 19, 2020 10:53 PM

The superior British show with flawed characters was I May Destroy You.

by Anonymousreply 136December 23, 2020 9:40 AM

It is so ridiculous. Investment banks have no niggas. Everyone knows that.

by Anonymousreply 137December 23, 2020 9:54 AM

True that she is reduced to payin ho's for sex, to climb on her blubber and put it in?

by Anonymousreply 138December 27, 2020 3:35 PM

Because Lens knows so much about working at a bank. She’s the spoiled child of artist types.

Talk about someone boldly proud of a tin ear.

by Anonymousreply 139December 27, 2020 3:42 PM

They call her blubber ass when she walks away....lena u sow

by Anonymousreply 140December 28, 2020 1:59 PM

This show was actually a lot of fun and made me miss London. It's nothing like Girls and she isn't leading most of it but directed a few episodes. Give it a chance it's only 8 episodes.

For people that like Succession you may like Industry.

by Anonymousreply 141December 28, 2020 2:39 PM

The only dong I wanted to see was Harper's black boyfriend - and that was the only graphic sex scene where they didn't show the guy's cock.

by Anonymousreply 142January 11, 2021 3:58 PM

I watched the series. At its best it reminded me of a bit of "This Life" (BBC 1996-97), but in a watered down, timid way. The scenes between Harper and Eric were the saving grace, otherwise it was a passable mood piece that I could watch and catch up with things on my phone at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 143January 11, 2021 5:27 PM

[quote]Critics also hated the new show Sex and the City

Erm, no they didn't

by Anonymousreply 144January 11, 2021 5:32 PM

I' m actually enjoying Industry

by Anonymousreply 145January 11, 2021 5:45 PM

How do the guys do so much coke and then get hard enough to fuck minutes later?

by Anonymousreply 146January 11, 2021 9:14 PM

Love the music

by Anonymousreply 147January 12, 2021 1:30 AM

Lets face it, anything the blubber ass is associated with is gonna be shit.

by Anonymousreply 148January 18, 2021 5:44 AM

I thought Industry was a bit fun. The show was so silly, like Love Island in the world of finance.

by Anonymousreply 149January 18, 2021 9:05 AM

She only directed one episode - she isn't a showrunner or producer - so will the Lens trolls move on. I found the series uneven and underwhelming but good enough for to kill an hour...

by Anonymousreply 150January 19, 2021 3:31 AM

I sort of like it, and I didn't think I would

by Anonymousreply 151January 19, 2021 3:58 AM

The showrunners are two people who worked in banking in London r139 dear.

by Anonymousreply 152January 21, 2021 11:51 AM

poop poop pah doop

by Anonymousreply 153January 21, 2021 12:00 PM

How is this cow successful????

by Anonymousreply 154January 21, 2021 8:40 PM

For those who liked the mood of "Industry," this is the somewhat awkward pilot episode of a much earlier series that, at its best small moments, "Industry" reminded me of.

"This Life" (BBC, 1996-1997.)

It's 25+ years old but holds up, I think.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155January 22, 2021 2:12 PM

r155 This Life was lucky enough to have rode the Britpop/Cool Britania wave just at the right moment in the early 90s - it seems so nostalgic now in the post-Brexit apocalypse .

by Anonymousreply 156January 23, 2021 12:32 AM

This show is as boring as hell, but you see a lot of peen.

Oh, and the black guy is gay and has a line in episode 2 where a guy just shot a load on his chest and he says, "I think I'll wear you to work."

by Anonymousreply 157January 23, 2021 1:35 AM

[quote] "This Life" (BBC, 1996-1997.)

Andrew Lincoln shows two seconds of peen in this show. He gets out of the shower and grabs a towel so fast you practically have to slo-mo it to see it. Don't know why he was so shy.

by Anonymousreply 158January 23, 2021 1:37 AM

[quote]Oh, and the black guy is gay and has a line in episode 2 where a guy just shot a load on his chest and he says, "I think I'll wear you to work."

Uh... yeah. We've seen the show. He also fucks his FWB/unrequited love on a couch while his girlfriend is upstairs. And in a bathroom stall at a Christmas party.

by Anonymousreply 159January 23, 2021 1:52 AM

Are you guys watching It's A SIn? Amazing. I only meant to watch the first episode but ended up watching three and had to force myself away from the iplayer at 3am.

by Anonymousreply 160January 23, 2021 3:54 AM

r160 HBOMax in the US producer but I cannot find a release date yet so I am downloading it from a torrent site now - I was worried about Davies since ch 4 gay series Cucumber/Banana, etc. was so awful but I liked Years so maybe it was a one off. How is Olly? Can he actually act?

by Anonymousreply 161January 26, 2021 7:31 AM

R15 he was hiding it in the makeup room , it is a prostetic.

by Anonymousreply 162January 26, 2021 7:48 AM

Why does EVERYTHING have to have a sexual spin?

by Anonymousreply 163January 26, 2021 7:57 AM

R163 life is sexual.

by Anonymousreply 164January 26, 2021 9:29 AM

Didn't this show jump the shark when the lesbian financier covered up Harper's trade loss?

by Anonymousreply 165January 26, 2021 11:24 AM

'How is Olly? Can he actually act?'

Yes, Olly can act really well, although to be fair he is playing a character very close to his own personality. Super articulate, highly sexed, a singer/actor and full of energy, but also very mistaken about the seriousness AIDS in the early days. The show has been given 5*s by the Guardian, Empire and everyone who's reviewed it so far.

by Anonymousreply 166January 26, 2021 10:59 PM

Its A Sin is coming to HBOMax on Feb 18th r161.

by Anonymousreply 167January 26, 2021 11:03 PM

There's more peen on Industry than any other show on free TV. An inordinate amount.

by Anonymousreply 168January 26, 2021 11:05 PM

r168 The definitive DL metric -the "peen" ratio.

by Anonymousreply 169January 28, 2021 11:16 PM

I finally finished watching it today. I like the writing quite a bit but the characters certainly aren’t very likable.

Here’s to more Robert dong in season two.

by Anonymousreply 170February 15, 2021 1:25 AM

Are the dongs real or fake?

Did they put out a casting call for big dicks?

by Anonymousreply 171February 24, 2021 9:11 AM

LPSG has concluded that all dicks are fake in it.

by Anonymousreply 172February 24, 2021 9:58 AM

Not surprising R172. Actors are such messes and too afraid to be judged.

by Anonymousreply 173February 24, 2021 3:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!