Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Republican Clown Car 2024

A thread to discuss the entire hypothetical field. Candidates lining up: Trump, Don Jr., Pence, Pompeo, Haley, Cruz, Rubio, Cotton, Noem, Hogan, Hawley, Scott, Scott, Sasse, Christie, Abbott, DeSantis, Ducey, Ricketts. I would add Hurd to this list.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124Yesterday at 11:13 AM

Sasse, who split from Trump in the general & has offered congratulations to Biden, is easily the class of this group. Meaning he’s toast for the Trump Party’s ‘24 nomination.

by Anonymousreply 111/11/2020

Yuck! All of them are dreadful. You can't even pick a "best of the worst" from that rogues' gallery.

by Anonymousreply 211/11/2020

OP, before I decide if I'm going to ignore this thread or ignore you entirely, please tell me -- do you post images of naked men on the assorted male form appreciation threads?

by Anonymousreply 311/11/2020

[quote] Republican Clown Car 2024

I'm assuming this refers to Rachel Campos-Duffy's vagina.

by Anonymousreply 411/11/2020

Huckabeast/Pigeon-Headed Whore 2024

by Anonymousreply 511/11/2020

America's had a dusky exotic Veep, now it's time for a Snow Princess President!

by Anonymousreply 611/11/2020

[quote]I'm assuming this refers to Rachel Campos-Duffy's vagina.

Haven't heard that bitch's name in years and I sure don't want to. Fuck her and her fug husband.

What a dumb annoying ReThuglicunt. To think she auditioned for The View.

by Anonymousreply 711/11/2020

I think it is impossible to tell right now because we have no way of knowing what is going to be unearthed in the next year or two. While many, many other people want all associated with the current administration jailed, I think it might just behove Biden/Harris to call out the traitors and let them stew in their own juices. *

Especially if there is evidence of malfeasance that ousts Graham and Cruz and a few of the others.

*exception for outright traitors like Ron Johnson and McConnell, etc...

by Anonymousreply 811/11/2020

I want to see DJT, DJT Jr. and Princess Ivanka on the same Republican debate stage.

When that happens, SNL can take a week off, and just replay the above that Saturday.

by Anonymousreply 911/11/2020

I hope it's someone like Sassy. Remember a batshit crazy con artist just won about 50% of the vote.

by Anonymousreply 1011/11/2020

Sassy will be the DILFy DL Fave , fer sure.

Cotton will be the DL Hatefuck Fave.

by Anonymousreply 1111/11/2020

[quote] I hope it's someone like Sassy.

I hope not. He's just as grotesque and complicit as all of those other Republican monsters -- only in a slightly more palatable form. I, for one, hope the GOP continues its slide off the rails and that it continues to alienate middle-of-the-road and independent voters.

by Anonymousreply 1211/11/2020

They all sound terrible to us (because they are). But to half the voting population they're all acceptable choices and a couple are rock stars (Jr. and Tucker Carlson, who wasn't listed but who is being floated).

by Anonymousreply 1311/11/2020

I'm not going to pollute my beautiful mind by thinking about that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1411/11/2020

Baio!

by Anonymousreply 1511/11/2020

Brendad Ickson!

by Anonymousreply 1611/11/2020

I think this is why DeSantis is creating a law that Florida citizens can shoot looters. He's trying to out-Trump Trump.

by Anonymousreply 1711/11/2020

I hope some dirt or scandal comes up for Tom Cotton. He's a moron and a total stiff, but Republican worship all idiots like him.

by Anonymousreply 1811/11/2020

If Tucker Carlson wanted it, and if Trump didn’t run and endorsed him, he’d easily get the nom. That guy is a god to deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 1911/11/2020

[quote]I hope some dirt or scandal comes up for Tom Cotton. He's a moron and a total stiff, but Republican worship all idiots like him.

Six years ago, Anonymous took credit for outing him at JR's, a gay bar in DC, although the photo was immediately suspected of being doctored and he of course denied it was him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2011/11/2020

What about Miss Lindsey?

by Anonymousreply 2111/11/2020

The dems should be screaming about this from every corner in the country

Otherwise when it takes effect, the dems will be blamed for it

by Anonymousreply 2211/11/2020

If Trump Sr. runs, no one else will dare to challenge him for the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 2311/11/2020

If Trump runs again, there's a very good chance he will be the nominee!

I'm not putting it past the imbeciles in the GOP to try to elect him again!

by Anonymousreply 2411/11/2020

Who are we going to be running against? Kamala? She should be relatively easy to defeat IMO.

DeSantis is my preferred candidate.

by Anonymousreply 2511/11/2020

With any luck, he'll still be behind bars or he will have ODed .

by Anonymousreply 2611/11/2020

Another vote for Baio!

TV star is perfect preparation for GOP nomination.

I am worried he might not be a big enough asshole, though.

That’s also crucial.

by Anonymousreply 2711/11/2020

Regardless of any excellent leadership, I see our dimwitted, racist electorate voting for any white male who runs against Kamala. We already know AOC and the Squad will say awful things about her. I mean, they're saying them already.

by Anonymousreply 2811/11/2020

Even at 81, soon to be 82, a still-living (& healthy) Joe Biden will be our best bet in ‘24. As the results of this election showed, it’s very hard to beat an incumbent president. And, for what it’s worth, Biden’s sister & very close adviser, Valerie Biden Owens, has said he’ll be running for a 2nd term.

by Anonymousreply 2911/11/2020

Lil Marco

by Anonymousreply 3011/11/2020

Rand Paul, & then his neighbor whoops his ass.

by Anonymousreply 3111/11/2020

Don't forget Marsha Blackburn who is supporting the Trump hissy-fit.

Kentucky is bad? Try Tennessee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3211/11/2020

Graham-Collins

"Time for the ladies".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3311/11/2020

Can we at least take 2 year year break from this campaign nonsense? Besides it's Tucker Carlson

by Anonymousreply 3411/11/2020

r11, unless Dan Crenshaw runs (...drool...), but I think Dan will just lie low for a few years (possibly shooting for the Senate). Dan's in an awkward place at the moment... too conservative to be a 2020 Democrat, but increasingly disturbed, distressed, and probably more than a little bit disillusioned by the Trumpian Republican Party.

As a Texan from Houston, switching parties would be political suicide for him right now... but the Democrats really ought to be nice to him, because I think he'd be one of the first to switch if he thought he could survive the backlash. He'll never be "progressive", but he's definitely more of a "South Park Republican" than a Trumpian. And smoking hot ;-)

by Anonymousreply 3511/11/2020

We haven't even sworn in the president for 2020. Can we please shut up about the 2024 election?

by Anonymousreply 3611/12/2020

After four years of being scolded, badgered, hectored, hounded and harassed by dictatorial Dems, 2024 voters will view Repubs as liberators from the oppressive Dem re-education camp.

by Anonymousreply 3711/12/2020

Dan Crenshaw, the snowflake who made SNL force Pete Davidson into an on-air apology and then demanded a slot on Weekend Update because they joked about his eye patch?

by Anonymousreply 3811/12/2020

How dare you. King Donald will have you put in the Tower!

by Anonymousreply 3911/12/2020

Horsey Hawley for VP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4011/12/2020

Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensberger (sp?) has just had to go into quarantine because his wife has tested positive for Covid

by Anonymousreply 4111/12/2020

Hahahahah!

by Anonymousreply 4211/12/2020

Dan Crenshaw, the Cyclops?

Seriously, R35, try using your brain instead of your cock for a change, and things will pick up for you.

by Anonymousreply 4311/12/2020

I love this pastor's crying on Biden winning. I wish I could drink his tears.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4411/12/2020

I don't follow Dan Crenshaw because he's a douche, but it's heartening to hear that he's a moderate. I had him pegged for a full-retard Trump true believer.

by Anonymousreply 4511/12/2020

Ann, Rafalca, and I am ready to saddle up for 2024!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4611/12/2020

r45, Dan actually took quite a bit of shit and criticism for fighting to get the Texas Log Cabin Republicans officially recognized by the Texas Republican Party.

Don't get me wrong... we're never going to see him looking like a leather-clad pirate on a float in the Houston Pride Parade showing off his 6-pack, but he's pretty mellow and tolerant when it comes to gay issues. He also illustrates perfectly that a politician doesn't have to loudly and proudly fart rainbows to quietly vote in favor of laws that help gay Americans. There's a huge "live and let live" middle ground.

by Anonymousreply 4711/12/2020

Off topic, R47, but what the fuck is the deal with Will Hurd? I assume glass closeted?

by Anonymousreply 4811/12/2020

I think if the GOP wants to wrest the party from Trump, they need to run someone with some personality against Ronna Romney McDaniel. Trump is backing her because she's such a suck-up.

by Anonymousreply 4911/14/2020

Crenshaw isn't pro-gay or a moderate.

by Anonymousreply 5011/14/2020

I'm tanned, rested, ready ... and SINGLE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5111/14/2020

Is Sarah still a force in MAGAland? She wasn’t much in evidence during Trump's reign of terror. They need to find someone who can maintain the base. This will have to be someone with a big personality and strong brand recognition like him. I can’t think of anyone right now.

by Anonymousreply 5211/14/2020

Trump may threaten to run in 2024, but he never will. Trump will never allow himself to be put in a position of losing on such a grand scale ever again.

by Anonymousreply 5311/14/2020

r50, Crenshaw isn't "pro-gay", but he's definitely not anti-gay, either. He's not an ally, but he's not an enemy. He's an example of the big ambivalent middle (which, by Republican standards, IS almost semi/kind-of/sort-of pro-gay).

by Anonymousreply 5411/14/2020

All Republicans are anti-gay.....when they support their anti-gay colleagues and support anti-gay justices being appointed to the Supreme Court

by Anonymousreply 5511/14/2020

dan crenshaw is an enemy. I don't give a shit if he appears to side with gays once in a while, or he doesn't outright hate us, but don't ever forget that he's an overall piece of shit

by Anonymousreply 5611/14/2020

They're all disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 5711/14/2020

Fuck off OP we don't need any more threads on politics especially shit four years from now just fuck off already.

by Anonymousreply 5811/14/2020

The Republicans are fortunate that they have a deep bench to draw from.

by Anonymousreply 5911/14/2020

I’m not a fan of Crenshaw. I don’t dislike him but he is definitely not prez material.

by Anonymousreply 6011/14/2020

r56, ok, fine... YOU go find a magical unicorn of a pro-gay Democrat with a snowball's chance in hell of winning in Crenshaw's district. The fact is, we're damn lucky Crenshaw is as gay-ambivalent as he is, because you know DAMN WELL just about anyone who could beat Crenshaw would probably be orders of magnitude worse. Sometimes, you just have to settle for partial non-loss & consider yourself lucky. He's as officially non-anti-gay as Texas voters will allow him to be, and substantially more tolerant in his personal life.

The harsh reality is, Texas isn't a liberal state, has NEVER been one (even when Democrats ran the show there), and won't become one EVEN IF the Republican party implodes and nominal Democrats start winning there.

by Anonymousreply 6111/14/2020

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott doesn't rule out 2024 presidential bid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6211/15/2020

No one can say or do anything until Trump says he won’t run again. Anyone who pushes back against Trump will have no future in the Republican Party so someone who is a complete asskisser will probably get the nomination. Maybe Pompeo?

by Anonymousreply 6311/15/2020

I think Trump will announce he's running again as a grift, so he can still keep taking donations to pay for his legal expenses. That's something the party is going to have to find a way to work around.

by Anonymousreply 6411/15/2020

R62, Gov. Abbott would be like FDR redux.

by Anonymousreply 6511/15/2020

How would Gov. Abbott be like FDR?

by Anonymousreply 6611/15/2020

It’s fun to look at history. FDR waited until the bitter end to announce he was running for a controversial third term. Meanwhile, he encouraged likely candidates to run including his VP. The front runners destroyed each other and then he announced and got the nomination easily. Trump could do something similar but he’ll need the 2024 race as a way to raise millions for himself.

by Anonymousreply 6711/15/2020

I think the GOP needs to enact a rule that the party will not nominate anyone who has not served a full term in office. That won't eliminate their Trump problem, but it will eliminate the problem of other populist business men who have no experience actually running a government.

by Anonymousreply 6811/15/2020

LOL at Trump dominating the GOP all the way to 2024, and all these douchebags (Abbott, Cruz, Cotton, et al.) having to cool their heels for another 4 years, until 2028. Pleasure-filled bonus: them having to kiss Trump's fat ass the whole time to stay on the good side of his 72 million cult members.

Downside: Media breathlessly reports it all.

by Anonymousreply 6911/15/2020

[quote]I think the GOP needs to enact a rule that the party will not nominate anyone who has not served a full term in office.

Just need to require to show taxes for the last 10 years before running for office. That will eliminate Trump and his family members.

I think they pocketed most of his campaign donations.

by Anonymousreply 7011/15/2020

I'm starting to see puff pieces about Trump running for office in 2024 - the kind of junk pieces we saw for Pence before the election. It seems like the Trump folks are putting their feelers out - but why put out feelers if they were confident? I wonder if they are getting pushback behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 7111/15/2020

Chris Christie is co-chairing the George Battleground Fund in order to get the two GOP Senators re-elected to Congress.

by Anonymousreply 7211/15/2020

[quote] Chris Christie is co-chairing the George Battleground Fund in order to get the two GOP Senators re-elected to Congress.

Loeffler, an appointed senator, has never been elected to anything. As she is the weaker candidate, I just wish Ossoff, our stronger candidate, was matched up against her so we could have a better chance at taking at least one of those seats.

by Anonymousreply 7311/16/2020

So, Karl Rove is heading up the Georgia fundraising effort, assisted by Dan Quayle, Chris Christie, Nikki Haley as honorary co-chairs, and also by Nick Ayers, Haley Barbour, and a few other Republican fundraisers.

Two interesting points: 1) Nick Ayers is famous for running the heck away from the Trump Administration, when they were looking to move him into the Chief of Staff position; 2) Christie has announced that he's considering a 2024 run, but Politico only mentioned Nikki Haley as a likely 2024 contender.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7411/16/2020

What the fuck experience does motherfucking blowhard asshole Junior bring to the office of the president?

Go run for city council and gain some political experience you douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 7511/16/2020

Larry Hogan teases presidential run. It sounds like he's trying to position himself as a new Reagan. I don't think it will work because he was too anti-Trump for the Republican party, but it's an interesting angle to play.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7611/17/2020

Sasse will still be viable. No idea about the rest.

Don't fucking bother us with this again for the next two years, OP. CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 7711/17/2020

You type fat, R77

by Anonymousreply 7811/17/2020

I am the Fat Whore OP of both the 24 hour chocolate chip cookie thread and the Bacon questions thread that have been around recently.

Fat whores of the Datalounge, unite! But not too close because.. fat.

by Anonymousreply 7911/17/2020

Politico speculated about Pence's future. Some feel if Trump announces a 2024 run, Pence will squash his own presidential ambitions. There was also another piece out today, about how Pence could do something like run Liberty university. If I didn't know better, I would think that Pence is fishing for a job offer, LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80Last Wednesday at 1:31 PM

Please do not underestimate the stupidity of 70+million voters who voted for Trump. The Democrats lost seats in the House and didn't flip the Senate as expected. They are in a an extremely vulnerable position in '24.

by Anonymousreply 81Last Wednesday at 1:37 PM

Pence could be successful as the anti-Trump Trump. There were many people in the 2020 election who said they agreed with Trump’s policies but didn’t like Trump and so they ended up voting against him. If Pence could retain the Trump voters and add on the anti-Trump voters who agreed with his policies, it could be a winning combination for him in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 82Last Wednesday at 1:41 PM

[quote]how Pence could do something like run Liberty university

He'd be perfect for that job.

by Anonymousreply 83Last Wednesday at 1:54 PM

I don't see Pence retaining Trump voters, because Trump voters prefer authoritarians. I think a Trump voter once referred to Pence as acting like Trump's supportive wife.

by Anonymousreply 84Last Wednesday at 1:59 PM

Whoever they run in 2024 is going to have to be a FREAK. They’re all freaks, of course, but after Trump they’re going to have to keep it ramped up. People won’t be flying massive Pence or Romney flags from the backs their pickup trucks like the hillbilly Taliban caravans we were treated to this year.

by Anonymousreply 85Last Wednesday at 2:07 PM

[quote] They are in a an extremely vulnerable position in '24.

Not to mention '22.

by Anonymousreply 86Last Wednesday at 2:11 PM

Pence is too "beta" for most Trump-lovers. Also, no novelty value. They'll migrate to someone else, like Cotton or Pompeo.

by Anonymousreply 87Last Thursday at 9:46 AM

We'll see how "vulnerable" the Democratic candidates are after two years of regular order and democratic government. Living in the maelstrom of Donald made it seem normal after a while but it's not.

See how people feel after the fog clears.

by Anonymousreply 88Last Thursday at 9:47 AM

Trump won't be running in 2024. He'll be dead before then.

by Anonymousreply 89Last Thursday at 10:05 AM

He'll declare that he's running in 2024 so that he can continue to milk the faithful of their money.

His kids will set up PACs so that they can continue to milk the faithful of their money.

This is a new revenue stream for Trump Org and they will use it until they die or are prohibited from participating by a court order (a la their "charitable foundation")

by Anonymousreply 90Last Thursday at 10:14 AM

Pence solves the imperfect vessel problem that Trump had. Pence will be the religious, and more soft-spoken, version of Trump. His competition will all try to out-Trump him though, as GOP candidates used to fight to be seen as most like Reagan.

by Anonymousreply 91Last Thursday at 10:42 AM

A NJ columnist thinks that Trump will endorse Pence for president. If he doesn't endorse, then most likely Tom Cotton will take the Trump lane in the primaries. In the center-right bracket, he thinks it will come down to Haley and Christie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92Last Friday at 1:40 PM

Christie is wishful thinking. He’s toast. Anyone who crossed Trump is dead in the water.

by Anonymousreply 93Last Friday at 1:45 PM

It's going to be Paul Ryan. He's the only one who can legitimately say "I was so disgusted by Trump that I left Congress and politics completely".

by Anonymousreply 94Last Friday at 1:46 PM

R94 No, it really isn't. Anyone who runs in 2024 has to be demonstrably anti-amnesty. Anyone who has flirted with being pro-amnesty in the past is dead in the water.

by Anonymousreply 95Last Friday at 1:50 PM

R76 Definitely DOA

R81 They're vulnerable in 2024 because Kamala sucks.

by Anonymousreply 96Last Friday at 1:52 PM

[quote] It's going to be Paul Ryan. He's the only one who can legitimately say "I was so disgusted by Trump that I left Congress and politics completely".

Is this a game of who Democrats would pick as the GOP nominee if they had the power to do so? These are pretty off-the-wall predictions.

by Anonymousreply 97Last Friday at 2:01 PM

For some reason, I can't link to the story, but CNN says that Pompeo is seen as "auditioning" for the Presidency while on his Israel trip. And apparently he's aggressively courting contacts behind-the-scenes.

by Anonymousreply 98Last Friday at 2:09 PM

R96, she only sucks according to idiots like you.

by Anonymousreply 99Last Friday at 2:41 PM

Ryan/Schock ‘24. They’re tanned, ripped and rested.

But seriously Pompeo, Cotton and DeSantis are terrifying choices. They’re as corrupt and malignant as Trump, but they’re smart. Well, maybe DeSantis isn’t.

by Anonymousreply 100Last Friday at 2:58 PM

DeSantis is as dumb as Trump

by Anonymousreply 101Last Friday at 3:06 PM

I think DeSantis is too controversial and Pompeo is too dull. Cotton's problem is going to be name-recognition - outside of his home state and Fox viewers, folks have probably never heard of him unless they follow politics.

by Anonymousreply 102Last Friday at 3:25 PM

It feels like there are two Republican parties - the GOP party of Trump and the GOP party of Karl Rove. Karl Rove's party is throwing an early convention down in Georgia, while the party of Trump feasts its agonized eyes on the cult leader in the bunker. The party of Karl Rove doesn't appear to need Trump anymore.

by Anonymousreply 103Last Friday at 3:54 PM

Sassy is probably the least vile, but that’s not saying much.

by Anonymousreply 104Last Saturday at 9:31 AM

[quote] Cotton's problem is going to be name-recognition

I can't wait for the inevitable, "will black people pick Cotton?" jokes.

by Anonymousreply 105Last Saturday at 10:45 AM

Calling it now: Cotton/Noem.

by Anonymousreply 106Last Saturday at 11:52 AM

Noem is like an even dumber Sarah Palin. And she probably killed thousands of people with the Sturgis motorcycle rally

by Anonymousreply 107Last Saturday at 11:53 AM

But 'freedumb' trumps (as it were) everything, r107. Buffalo Barbie is clearly positioning herself as Donald Trump with a vagina.

by Anonymousreply 108Last Saturday at 12:28 PM

[quote]Buffalo Barbie is clearly positioning herself as Donald Trump with a vagina.

So she'll be grabbing her own pussy?

by Anonymousreply 109Last Saturday at 3:14 PM

Who gives a flying shit about ANY of this. Seriously. Biden and Harris aren't in the WH. Yet there's some speculative absurd thread on DL about which ReThug creeps will be running for president in 2024?!

Dump will be dead by then or will have slipped even deeper into his dementia. Pompous Payola is another disgusting fat fuck who might stroke out by then, ditto for Chris Crusty.

Dump's children will have fled to Lord knows where. Dump's rabid gun-toting hillbilly part of his base, will have forgotten about why they loved him in the first place, while the other half will have died from Covid.

by Anonymousreply 110Last Saturday at 4:06 PM

Why do we care about 2024? First of all, the Republicans themselves are looking ahead. It's fascinating to see them jockeying for position, trying to make a place for themselves in the line-up. Sure, Trump could come back at the last minute and try to blow them up again in the primaries, but that's something they are all aware of - so it will be interesting if they can correct some of their mistakes from 2016. If they want to avoid another 16-candidate slate, there needs to be a couple of front-runners by 2022.

Secondly, the Republicans are at an inflection point - a lot of the old establishment became never-Trumpers and left. It feels like Karl Rove is using the Georgia election as a call-to-arms for the new establishment to coalesce and get everybody back into line. But even if Trump stroked out tomorrow, there's always going to be some conservative commentator willing to stoke the flames. So the new establishment has to figure out how to deal with the crazies - the old crazies were mostly Evangelicals, but the new crazies worship Trump, so throwing them the abortion bone won't work with this group. Over the next four years we're going to see how the Republicans re-form themselves.

Third - the obvious takeaway from the election is that while Trump lost, the Republicans did pretty well for themselves. With Trump out of office, how many of the voters who split their ticket and voted for Biden will go back to the GOP? A lot will depend on how the Biden administration copes with Trump's continued chaos out of office, and a lot will depend on who the Republicans choose to carry their banner in 2024. So we're using this thread to discuss how things are playing out.

by Anonymousreply 111Last Sunday at 3:34 AM

I feel he will be killed because he owes money to the mafia and probably with interest and he is broke. Everything this racist,rapist,lying mentally ill man touches dies and it looks like his hands are on Americans and America. All his businesses have failed, from football to steaks.

by Anonymousreply 112Last Sunday at 4:56 AM

It's going to be Ivanka, surely?

by Anonymousreply 113Last Sunday at 5:26 AM

R99 did u not see how far she got in the *Dem* primary?

by Anonymousreply 114Last Sunday at 5:33 AM

R113 I wouldn’t vote for her.

by Anonymousreply 115Last Sunday at 5:34 AM

Ivanka melts whenever she's asked hard questions. The cult wants an authoritarian, and she doesn't project that.

by Anonymousreply 116Last Sunday at 6:43 AM

I foresee another battle for the soul of the party. The GOP leadership, who are currently celebrating their freshman class of 13 women, still clearly don’t get it and haven’t learned the lesson of Trump. It also looks like they’re ready to make a deal with Biden on immigration. They don’t understand the base and don’t even attempt to try. Whoever comes along like Trump in 2016 and gives the GOP leadership what’s coming to them, that is the person who will be the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 117Last Sunday at 7:42 AM

The Dems look very divided and it would be nice if the GOP could seize the day by being united, but I’m seeing troubling things from the GOP leadership that will need to be corrected.

by Anonymousreply 118Last Sunday at 7:45 AM

I thought you flounced away from DL, DeFecto.

by Anonymousreply 119Last Sunday at 8:16 AM

I agree that we're going to see a struggle for control of the party, between the pragmatists who want to get something done and the incendiaries who just want to throw grenades without regards to the party. I think a lot is going to depend on who becomes the next GOP chair - if they keep McDaniel, she's such a Trump ass-kisser they're going to be under Trump's thumb for the next four years.

by Anonymousreply 120Last Sunday at 9:14 AM

A poll released today found that 66% of Republicans want Trump to run again in 2024.

Which means no one else will be able to.

by Anonymousreply 121Yesterday at 10:51 AM

I say: bring it on. Along with the indictments against his entire family and everyone Trump-adjacent in the past 4 years.

by Anonymousreply 122Yesterday at 10:55 AM

Donald Trump running as an obese 78-year-old four years from now? Fat chance. He'll be yesterday's news by then.

by Anonymousreply 123Yesterday at 11:05 AM

I think the only thing I want to ever read about Trump or any of the horrible people mentioned is their obituaries if they even rate them after being lined up against a wall and shot. Resist!

by Anonymousreply 124Yesterday at 11:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!