Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Jar - one of the best Alfred Hitchcock TV episodes- is on ME TV tonight 11/11

Scared the shit out of me as a child. I didn't appreciate the cast as a kid: Collin Wilcox, James Best, Jane Darwell, William Marshall, George Lindsay, Slim Pickens, Jocelyn Brando

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 11, 2020 7:44 PM

From IMDB:

[quote]Charlie Hill is mesmerized by a strange jar at a carnival sideshow. He buys it from the owner, but his wife Thedy Sue is frightened and wants it thrown out. The townspeople come from miles to see it and Charlie becomes a local celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 1November 11, 2020 6:28 PM

OMG, I should never have been allowed to watch this as a kid, but I was a brat, so I got to. Scared me SO much. Creepy.

by Anonymousreply 2November 11, 2020 6:28 PM

From IMDB:

[quote]Charlie Hill is mesmerized by a strange jar at a carnival sideshow. He buys it from the owner, but his wife Thedy Sue is frightened and wants it thrown out. The townspeople come from miles to see it and Charlie becomes a local celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 3November 11, 2020 6:29 PM

what time?

by Anonymousreply 4November 11, 2020 6:40 PM

[quote] I didn't appreciate the cast as a kid: Collin Wilcox, James Best, Jane Darwell, William Marshall, George Lindsay, Slim Pickens, Jocelyn Brando.

5 actors, 2 actresses. Uggh. I always, even as a child, found it so tedious that many casts are made up like this (maybe especially on old TV shows.)

Who was it who decided that male experiences are over twice as interesting as female ones? Who was it who decided men needed to be employed over twice as many times as women?

Do we really care what a bunch of white men have to say THAT much? Why??

by Anonymousreply 5November 11, 2020 6:40 PM

[quote] I didn't appreciate the cast as a kid: Collin Wilcox, James Best, Jane Darwell, William Marshall, George Lindsay, Slim Pickens, Jocelyn Brando

Aren't you forgetting someone?

by Anonymousreply 6November 11, 2020 6:51 PM

And I'm still here!!

by Anonymousreply 7November 11, 2020 7:08 PM

[quote]Do we really care what a bunch of white men have to say THAT much? Why??

William Marshall played Blacula and the King of Cartoons, so perhaps you need to rethink that statement.

by Anonymousreply 8November 11, 2020 7:42 PM

[quote]5 actors, 2 actresses. Uggh.

[quote]Do we really care what a bunch of white men have to say THAT much?

R5 I mentioned THREE actresses and FOUR actors in my opening comment including Black actor William Marshall. There were other actresses (including a young girl) and actors (including star Pat Buttram who I forgot!)! I only noted the names I thought DLers would know. It's interest that a post about a TV show you never saw triggered you to such a degree.

R4 Midnight CST.

by Anonymousreply 9November 11, 2020 7:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!