Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

So, this is Rachel Maddow's girlfriend?

Well, it IS love!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328November 22, 2020 10:14 AM

I don’t get lesbians like Rachel and Cynthia Nixon having these lovers/wives who are far away from the glamour of the industry they work for? Gotta give Ellen and Melissa credit, they know how to pick some good looking girlfriends/wives.

by Anonymousreply 1November 9, 2020 4:37 PM

Well Rachel is no beauty herself.

by Anonymousreply 2November 9, 2020 4:40 PM

She looks like a Karen.

by Anonymousreply 3November 9, 2020 4:41 PM

Lesbians are much more forgiving of physical appearance.

by Anonymousreply 4November 9, 2020 4:41 PM

The lesbians I know find emotional connection to be very important.

[quote]Gotta give Ellen and Melissa credit, they know how to pick some good looking girlfriends/wives.

Yes, but some of their exes are bat shit crazy and their relationships were toxic. I wouldn't give them much credit.

by Anonymousreply 5November 9, 2020 4:47 PM

Rachel looka like a man in that photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 9, 2020 4:47 PM

Dykes!

by Anonymousreply 7November 9, 2020 4:49 PM

They're very domestic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 9, 2020 4:50 PM

No OP, that's Amy Schumer and her husband.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 9, 2020 4:51 PM

I don't understand the problem; she looks fine to me. Is it that she's relatively heavy? She's just a regular-looking woman to me.

Rachel knows she looks boyish. These two have been together for decades, so I'm happy for them.

by Anonymousreply 10November 9, 2020 4:51 PM

Lesbians admit to not caring about the physical. It’s why relationships between trans and cis lesbians can often work.

by Anonymousreply 11November 9, 2020 4:52 PM

What's your point, OP? I think they look cute together.

by Anonymousreply 12November 9, 2020 4:55 PM

Rachel licks my slit!

by Anonymousreply 13November 9, 2020 4:56 PM

I mean, we're still women: we're into our emotions, fidelity, loyalty, feeling "rooted" to something or someone.

Ellen is a bit of a psycho. Most lesbians do not want a trophy wife. We want someone to walk the dogs with.

by Anonymousreply 14November 9, 2020 4:57 PM

[quote] What's your point, OP?

OP is undoubtedly a status gay or some sad club queen in her 20s who thinks misshapen, duck lipped reality stars are a true representation of "beauty."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 9, 2020 4:58 PM

I think they're adorable. Susan's an artist. They met when Rachel showed up to do yard work at Susan's house. That's hot! You can just imagine Rachel on the porch all flush and "aw shucks" and Susan peering out behind the curtain while Rachel raked leaves.

Also, I like that they aren't married/heteronormative. Rachel said something about it like, it allows them the freedom to have other adult relationships or something.

I know they have a place in the Berkshires and sold their place downtown, does anyone know where they live in the city? I imagine the UWS or midtown would get them out of town 15 minutes quicker on a Friday night.

by Anonymousreply 16November 9, 2020 4:59 PM

Rachel did yard work in between hosting gigs?

by Anonymousreply 17November 9, 2020 5:02 PM

Rachel Maddox?

I thought that it was Dan Levy.

by Anonymousreply 18November 9, 2020 5:03 PM

Pussy licker

by Anonymousreply 19November 9, 2020 5:03 PM

As a gay man, I have to say that lesbians are DAMNED lucky to be lesbians.

Gay men are so fucking superficial, so caught up on looks, and body, and external appearances, that it makes me fucking sick. They never look beyond the outside.

Lesbians on the other hand, get to know the person on the inside. And I greatly admire them for that.

by Anonymousreply 20November 9, 2020 5:08 PM

Susan looks a little like she's being held hostage in OP's pic. Blink twice, Susan, if you need help!!

by Anonymousreply 21November 9, 2020 5:09 PM

Rachel she look like a man.

She like sweet and sour pork?

by Anonymousreply 22November 9, 2020 5:10 PM

What was Rachel's sport when she won her Rhodes scholarship? Usually it's part of the qualifications for it.

by Anonymousreply 23November 9, 2020 5:14 PM

R23 pretty certain it was volleyball.

by Anonymousreply 24November 9, 2020 5:15 PM

[Quote] Lesbians on the other hand, get to know the person on the inside.

Before moving on to the next lesbian in their friend group.

by Anonymousreply 25November 9, 2020 5:15 PM

In 1995 she attended the University of Oxford as a Rhodes scholar. She received a doctorate (D.Phil.) in politics in 2001; her dissertation was titled “HIV/AIDS and Health Care Reform in British and American Prisons.”

She could have picked ANY topic and choose prisoners with AIDS.

As an eldergay with 100 dead friends, she is beyond reproach.

by Anonymousreply 26November 9, 2020 5:15 PM

These stupid and superficial queens will never get it, R26.

They're too busy criticizing peoples' looks and making immature comments.

This is why the gay "community" sucks.

by Anonymousreply 27November 9, 2020 5:17 PM

Also, her aunt is a catholic nun, so she is always honestly respectful to people of faith. Even when they don't deserve it, IMO>

by Anonymousreply 28November 9, 2020 5:18 PM

In contrast to the straight "community"...

by Anonymousreply 29November 9, 2020 5:19 PM

Datalounge is like opposite world.

Gay hating, gay bashing attractive straight men are put up on a pedestal, no matter how vile they are, because they are straight and hot.

On the other hand, gay supporters who are lesbians or less than attractive, are vilified and made fun of, because most gay men behave like 13 year old mean girls.

Now THAT is the motherfucking truth.

by Anonymousreply 30November 9, 2020 5:19 PM

We're actually more into DILFs here, so I'd say it's more like fatherfucking.

by Anonymousreply 31November 9, 2020 5:21 PM

But the straight pedestal only exists in the commenters' heads. They're not actually worshipping real world men. The worship is as shallow as everything else they type.

by Anonymousreply 32November 9, 2020 5:21 PM

This is why we hate us.

by Anonymousreply 33November 9, 2020 5:22 PM

R14, and cuddle with the cats!

by Anonymousreply 34November 9, 2020 5:37 PM

R24, there you go!

There are cat lesbians, dog lesbians, and then cat-and-dog lesbians.*

*Actual categories on our dating websites.

by Anonymousreply 35November 9, 2020 5:42 PM

Women aren't burdened by the need to have a "hot wife". Lucky them, I say. Most beautiful people are hopelessly insecure and dumb or obnoxious and narcissistic. They're nice to look at but I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with one.

by Anonymousreply 36November 9, 2020 5:46 PM

It seems Rachel and Alison Bechdel were given the same lesbian handbook.

by Anonymousreply 37November 9, 2020 5:52 PM

[quote]Before moving on to the next lesbian in their friend group.

My wife and I have been together for 32 years. Each year gets better.

by Anonymousreply 38November 9, 2020 5:57 PM

Add Sarah Paulson to the list of lesbians who fell in love with the PERSON.

They just seem so much more enlightened than gay men.

by Anonymousreply 39November 9, 2020 5:59 PM

It's a sweet love story, they're cute together, and it's lasted for more than 20 years. And they're happy.

In the meanwhile, Rosie has had four long-term partners in the last ten years (plus some weird fling with Tatum O'Neill), and each partner gets younger and more "hawt". Wonder why she's not happy.

by Anonymousreply 40November 9, 2020 6:04 PM

[quote]Lesbians on the other hand, get to know the person on the inside.

On the inside, of a U-Haul truck.

by Anonymousreply 41November 9, 2020 6:04 PM

[Quote] My wife and I have been together for 32 years. Each year gets better.

What about Lesbian Bed Death?

by Anonymousreply 42November 9, 2020 6:06 PM

Lesbians are motivated more by a hatred of penis than a love of vagina.

That's why they chose less sexually appealing partners. Sex just isn't important to most of them.

by Anonymousreply 43November 9, 2020 6:11 PM

R43, lesbians don't hate men or penises. I'm a lesbian, and I don't "love" vaginas. It just turns out that every human being I've fallen in love with has one.

by Anonymousreply 44November 9, 2020 6:13 PM

[quote] I'm a lesbian, and I don't "love" vaginas. It just turns out that every human being I've fallen in love with has one.

See, there's the point. You admit you don't love vagina. And then say that as if it's incidental.

I'm a gay man. I LOVE other man. I could only ever fall in love with a man.

by Anonymousreply 45November 9, 2020 6:14 PM

R45, you and I are basically saying the same thing. We have same-gender attractions....to human beings, rather than private parts. It's not about "loving dick" or "loving vagina".

by Anonymousreply 46November 9, 2020 6:35 PM

I wouldn't call four relationship in the last ten years as long term R40.

by Anonymousreply 47November 9, 2020 7:02 PM

Anne Heche & Ellen were cute together.

Is Sinead O'Connor still single?

by Anonymousreply 48November 9, 2020 7:51 PM

The one on the left is a dead ringer for Noah Wyle. That's who I thought it was at first.

by Anonymousreply 49November 9, 2020 7:54 PM

I don't understand how lesbians are "lucky" to be lesbians simply because they aren't as superficial. Being superficial is a choice, if gay men actually chose not to be they could have long lasting relationships too.

by Anonymousreply 50November 9, 2020 8:28 PM

If I had to choose, I'd be a lesbian over a gay dude any day. In my friend circle, all the lesbians I know are cool as fuck and with the exception of one long-term couple, the guys all seem bitchy and immature. I'm in a middle-American college town, though, so who knows.

by Anonymousreply 51November 9, 2020 9:07 PM

What is the name of Rachel's partner?

by Anonymousreply 52November 9, 2020 9:27 PM

Nan Michiganwomyn.

by Anonymousreply 53November 9, 2020 9:28 PM

Susan Mikula, a photographer. She hired Rachel when Rach was working on her PhD to help her fix up her old farm house. Rachel says it was love at first site and it was her first monogamous relationship.

by Anonymousreply 54November 9, 2020 9:39 PM

[Quote] her old farm house.

[Quote] love at first site

I see what you did there.

by Anonymousreply 55November 9, 2020 9:43 PM

I wanna eat Rachel’s snatch!

by Anonymousreply 56November 9, 2020 9:55 PM

Ewwww.

by Anonymousreply 57November 9, 2020 10:05 PM

Leave them alone OP.

by Anonymousreply 58November 9, 2020 10:10 PM

Wait, I’m confused does Susan have the PhD or does Rachel?

by Anonymousreply 59November 9, 2020 11:31 PM

Rachel had a paper route while doing her PhD. She threw a gazette at Susan's head by mistake. And the rest is history.

by Anonymousreply 60November 9, 2020 11:46 PM

I think Maddow is attractive. Her gf looks like a basic middle aged American woman. What I really like is that Rachel still refers to her partner with affection on national tv. She doesn't make a big deal about it, but she's a very out lesbian in a very long term relationship (marriage??) on a top rated national news program. I can't think of a gay anchor who came out earlier- she beat Don Lemon, Anderson Cooper, Shep Smith, etc. and arguably helped pave the way for them

by Anonymousreply 61November 9, 2020 11:48 PM

R61 Well said, Fred! She's smart, charming, and funny as well. I try not to miss her; she's always on fire about something. There's no one quite as passionate and insightful about politics, and reporting the news. I hope she escapes her covid contact (s) unscathed.

by Anonymousreply 62November 10, 2020 12:45 AM

Gay men don’t make a choice to be superficial. For men there is a far greater visual element to attraction. That’s just biology. Lesbians admit they can fall in love with anyone, regardless of their looks or whether they’re trans or cis.

by Anonymousreply 63November 10, 2020 5:28 AM

No. Studies have shown that when women have economic power on par with men, there are no significant differences in emphasis placed on looks when looking for a partner.

by Anonymousreply 64November 10, 2020 5:31 AM

Rachel has talked about how her wife is a babe lol. There was an interview where she bragged about how truckers hit on Susan in diners

by Anonymousreply 65November 10, 2020 5:34 AM

Rachel made a joke about cueing the "Hee-Haw laugh track" a few days before the election, and I had a bloody mary spewing all over I laughed so hard. I love her humour. If she gets bored with MSNBC, I swear she has the chops for stand-up comedy.

by Anonymousreply 66November 10, 2020 5:41 AM

“And our guest tonight is actor Charles Durning...”.

by Anonymousreply 67November 10, 2020 5:51 AM

She's so fat! How do they even sissor?

by Anonymousreply 68November 10, 2020 5:52 AM

[quote]Her gf looks like a basic middle aged American woman.

Which she is. Add in lesbian to that and she's a Datalounger's worst nightmare.

Most of the "but she hates penis" replies in this thread are sincere, they're very literally grown adult men who are TERRIFIED that there are people who aren't dickwhipped 24/7. It's embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 69November 10, 2020 5:57 AM

A lot of guys in the gay "community" are incredibly shallow. The superficiality of it all is what has kept me miles away from my nearest Boystown.

by Anonymousreply 70November 10, 2020 6:11 AM

Rachel looks like a good looking man. Hope they are both happy and content.

by Anonymousreply 71November 10, 2020 7:01 AM

[quote]Before moving on to the next lesbian in their friend group.

No, no, no. You've got it in the wrong order. Our friend group is made up of all the exes!

[quote]Lesbians admit they can fall in love with anyone, regardless of their looks or whether they’re trans or cis.

Nope. We love women. Real women. The vagina isn't the main focus but it's always part of the package. Stop trying to force your dicks on lesbians who don't fucking want anything, sexually or romantically, to do with them or what they are attached to. In other words, men.

by Anonymousreply 72November 10, 2020 10:17 AM

R44 & r46 are the same poster, talking to himself.

Women don’t have penises. Lesbians are sexually attracted to biological women. Homosexuality is same SEX attraction. You’re a homophobe and a predator and you need to fuck off to your own little delusional corner of the internet, you trancel.

by Anonymousreply 73November 10, 2020 10:28 AM

[quote] I'm a lesbian, and I don't "love" vaginas. It just turns out that every human being I've fallen in love with has one.

[quote]Nope. We love women. Real women. The vagina isn't the main focus but it's always part of the package. Stop trying to force your dicks on lesbians who don't fucking want anything, sexually or romantically, to do with them or what they are attached to. In other words, men.

Proving the point. There's a lot more hatred for penises going on there than love for vagina.

by Anonymousreply 74November 10, 2020 10:47 AM

Moron at R74, you realize that even straight women who love men aren't dick-focused, right? It's only men who are dick-focused, either their own (straight) or other men's (gay).

by Anonymousreply 75November 10, 2020 10:54 AM

They look nice together, compatible, comfortable.

by Anonymousreply 76November 10, 2020 10:55 AM

She looks like the Egg Lady from Multiple Maniacs.

by Anonymousreply 77November 10, 2020 11:00 AM

[quote]you realize that even straight women who love men aren't dick-focused, right? It's only men who are dick-focused, either their own (straight) or other men's (gay).

Yes, women, lesbian or straight, don't care about sex.

by Anonymousreply 78November 10, 2020 11:05 AM

OP, why start sentences with 'So?"

by Anonymousreply 79November 10, 2020 11:07 AM

[quote] No. Studies have shown that when women have economic power on par with men, there are no significant differences in emphasis placed on looks when looking for a partner.

Well, clearly Rachel Maddow and Cynthia Nixon have greater economic power than most men and still don't care about looks.

by Anonymousreply 80November 10, 2020 12:03 PM

I take my hat off to any lesbian who posts here on Datalounge and attempts to educate these misogynistic queens. Good luck with that.

by Anonymousreply 81November 10, 2020 12:22 PM

[quote] Well, clearly Rachel Maddow and Cynthia Nixon have greater economic power than most men and still don't care about looks.

Does Cynthia Nixon really have that much more economic power than her husbear?

Datalounge was once saying husbear pulled some strings to help out Miss Cynthia's (flop) political career.

by Anonymousreply 82November 10, 2020 12:55 PM

We need to start educating over on LChat too evidently.

by Anonymousreply 83November 10, 2020 1:13 PM

They are both beautiful.

And even more beautiful together.

by Anonymousreply 84November 10, 2020 1:15 PM

Mother and son at first glance.

by Anonymousreply 85November 10, 2020 1:17 PM

R73, yes I am both R44 and R46, and I never pretended to be otherwise. I was replying to R45's troll post which thinks lesbianism is all about loving vaginas. It's not. Lesbianism is about loving women. I don't see why that's so hard to understand.

I have no idea why one person is twisting those posts' meanings to be about trans. That's a different argument for a different day.

by Anonymousreply 86November 10, 2020 2:00 PM

[quote]lesbianism is all about loving vaginas. It's not. Lesbianism is about loving women. I don't see why that's so hard to understand.

I never it was ONLY about loving vagina. There's more to sex appeal than that.

But the point, which you've proved, is that hatred of men is as much a part of your sexuality as love of women.

by Anonymousreply 87November 10, 2020 2:05 PM

Lesbians are gross.

by Anonymousreply 88November 10, 2020 2:11 PM

Ewwww.....lesbian fraus are so gross. The thought of these two doing ANYTHING together would make my stomach turn.

by Anonymousreply 89November 10, 2020 2:16 PM

R87, I don't hate men. Why do you think that...do you hate women?

I love the men in my family (dad, brothers, uncles). I adore collaborating with my male coworkers. I enjoy chatting with men I meet at the gym, on the train, at the grocery store. I couldn't fall in love with them, and I wouldn't want to have sex with them. But I don't hate men. I don't even dislike them.

Why do you insist that lesbians hate men and penises? Is that the gay version of cooties? I hope that you don't hate women. If so, you're missing out on half the human population.

by Anonymousreply 90November 10, 2020 2:16 PM

[quote]Why do you insist that lesbians hate men and penises?

You said you fall in love with people and that they just happen to have vaginas. Quite nonchalant.

Then when trans women were in mentioned in obiter you immediately became much more heated about clarifying that you could never fall in love with a trans woman.

by Anonymousreply 91November 10, 2020 2:21 PM

I do love a lesbian. Even better when there are two! They look happy.

by Anonymousreply 92November 10, 2020 2:24 PM

Why does Muriel not IP block the homophobes posting in this thread?

by Anonymousreply 93November 10, 2020 2:24 PM

[quote] Lesbianism is about loving women. I don't see why that's so hard to understand.

He understands exactly what you're saying, he's just pretending not to, to make some absurd point about lesbians hating men. Stop wasting your breath arguing with him.

by Anonymousreply 94November 10, 2020 2:25 PM

Because, R93, they're too much revenue for her. She'll never kick out the straight women and Trump trolls

by Anonymousreply 95November 10, 2020 2:26 PM

The African describe lesbian in their own way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96November 10, 2020 2:26 PM

She's the prettier one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97November 10, 2020 2:28 PM

Well, lesbians are not known for their beauty.

by Anonymousreply 98November 10, 2020 2:39 PM

R98 What do looks have to do with someone's sexuality?

by Anonymousreply 99November 10, 2020 3:05 PM

R83, I'm a lesbian, and I recognize that LChat is a lost cause. Its population appears to be comprised mostly of 15-year-old mean girls.

The only thread there I could tolerate was the "Facts of Life" thread because it attracted adults who could actually hold conversations (instead of just posting memes).

by Anonymousreply 100November 10, 2020 3:42 PM

I'm not too familiar with it, but the one of only a couple of times I've been over there I noticed what seemed like EVERY post was a wordless meme response.

by Anonymousreply 101November 10, 2020 3:48 PM

Rachel has a Mommy fetish. A BIG one.

by Anonymousreply 102November 10, 2020 3:59 PM

We all have a "type" that we feel drawn to.

A "fetish" is something else.

by Anonymousreply 103November 10, 2020 4:08 PM

What's the distinction?

by Anonymousreply 104November 10, 2020 4:10 PM

This thread reads as though Jonathan Yaniv, world renowned male sexual predator, pedophile, tampon fetishist and trans rights activist has created a dozen sockpuppet accounts.

by Anonymousreply 105November 10, 2020 4:19 PM

Is It an open relationship??

by Anonymousreply 106November 10, 2020 4:25 PM

I have always loved butch women -- not hard butch, but women that look like pretty men/boys. And in my experience, most of these women are drawn to "mommy" types.

Rachel is soooo "my type," but I have never ever wanted to "mommy" anyone. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 107November 10, 2020 4:59 PM

Neither of them are my type, but they seem nice, and I am happy for them.

by Anonymousreply 108November 10, 2020 5:12 PM

Even when she was in her 20s, Rachel was so smart, that she was probably bored by people her own age. Probably only a woman of a certain age had the life experience, wisdom, and wit to intrigue her. Rachel is the type who will never go for a trophy spouse; she probably can't spend more than 5 minutes with anyone who uses the word "like" in every sentence.

I get it completely.

by Anonymousreply 109November 10, 2020 5:22 PM

As a gay man who posts here on Datalounge, I would like to assure the women on this thread that I do not hate women, I do not hate lesbians, and I don't know any gay men who feel that way. This site has some very odd ducks posting on it. Don't take anything a lot of these folks say as gospel.

by Anonymousreply 110November 10, 2020 6:19 PM

"I'm attracted to souls, not like those base gay men and their penis obsession. The sexual is secondary to the mental, you see...

Eek! A trans woman! I only like vagina!"

-- Lesbians on this thread

by Anonymousreply 111November 10, 2020 6:59 PM

R111, it was some of the gay men on the thread talking about their consuming attraction to dick. But keep trying to force lesbians to like dicks. Why aren't you trying to get the gay men on the thread to proclaim their love of vagina in trans "men"? Hmm?

by Anonymousreply 112November 10, 2020 7:06 PM

[quote][R111], it was some of the gay men on the thread talking about their consuming attraction to dick.

Yes, gay men like penis.

[quote]Why aren't you trying to get the gay men on the thread to proclaim their love of vagina in trans "men"? Hmm?

Because, as you stated, gay men love penis. We don't pretend that we're somehow above the physical and that loving penis is 'shallow' and 'superficial' like the lesbians in this thread were doing.

by Anonymousreply 113November 10, 2020 7:09 PM

You're saying the opposite of what has been said on this thread, R113. In fact, your own single post at R113 contradicts itself.

by Anonymousreply 114November 10, 2020 7:24 PM

How do I contradict myself?

by Anonymousreply 115November 10, 2020 7:27 PM

I get what the lesbians mean. I love good dick but it can't be attached to anyone/anything. I'm attracted to men and dick is part of the parcel but it's not everything. I don't hate vagina, I don't ever think about vagina at all actually and I assume lesbians are the same.

I do admit that I have never understood the whole butch thing. It seems to me that you have to be attracted to a lot of masculine traits to be attracted to a butch woman. I couldn't date a man who wears dresses, makeup, a wig and walks and talks in a feminine way. Friend sure, but I just do not find femininity sexually appealing. There are clearly lesbians who find masculinity very appealing because they are in relationships with butch women who make your average guy on the train look like Tinkerbelle!

by Anonymousreply 116November 10, 2020 7:28 PM

Here's one way to think about it: gay men would gladly accept the offer to have sex with the man of their dreams in a room decorated with pictures of vaginas. Lesbians would refuse the same offer if the room with their dream woman in it was decorated with penises.

by Anonymousreply 117November 10, 2020 7:30 PM

[quote] I get what the lesbians mean. I love good dick but it can't be attached to anyone/anything. I'm attracted to men and dick is part of the parcel but it's not everything.

Me too.

The point was they were denying the physical played any part in attraction -- and actually criticizing gay men for needing to be aroused by the physical -- until someone mentioned trans women.

by Anonymousreply 118November 10, 2020 7:32 PM

R117 Where the fuck are these dick and vagina decorated rooms, because I never want to go there.

by Anonymousreply 119November 10, 2020 7:33 PM

beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

to me, she's fucking ugly.

Maybe she was better looking when younger...any pics out there?

by Anonymousreply 120November 10, 2020 7:34 PM

Looks like a man

Why not go for the real deal....

by Anonymousreply 121November 10, 2020 7:35 PM

R116 "I do admit that I have never understood the whole butch thing. It seems to me that you have to be attracted to a lot of masculine traits to be attracted to a butch woman. " Just like there are gay men that are detracted to femininity...skinny boys with big lips, that talk like women, some even dress in women lingerie. very girly feminine men

by Anonymousreply 122November 10, 2020 7:36 PM

Block homophobe @ r121

by Anonymousreply 123November 10, 2020 7:39 PM

R123 I’m not a homophobe.....I just prefer my girls to look like girls and my men to look like men. To each his own. I honestly first though it was a guy when I just saw the pic.

by Anonymousreply 124November 10, 2020 7:42 PM

[quote] It seems to me that you have to be attracted to a lot of masculine traits to be attracted to a butch woman.

I think a lot of women attracted to hard butch women are either straight or bisexual. I'm a gay woman and I think they're a ridiculous caricature of men. I'm not into them at all.

by Anonymousreply 125November 10, 2020 7:58 PM

All the lesbians I’ve known are into soft butch types.

by Anonymousreply 126November 10, 2020 7:59 PM

This is just my observation, and not a rule of any kind--

I have noticed that--among lesbians that I know--ones who will only date butch women usually started out as bisexual or straight.

Gold stars like me (in my observation) tend to really like more femme women. I don't mean a caricature of femininity--pounds of make-up, hooker heels, etc--I mean a normal feminine demeanor, women who are chraming.

That is just what I notice.

by Anonymousreply 127November 10, 2020 8:02 PM

So you wouldn't date Rachel, R125?

Also in my experience, women like you do like butch women -- they just make sure that the butch women they like can be labeled "soft" butches. God forbid you're seen as being in a butch-femme relationship.

by Anonymousreply 128November 10, 2020 8:02 PM

R127, lesbians don’t start out with a different orientation. Lesbians are lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 129November 10, 2020 8:07 PM

[quote] All the lesbians I’ve known are into soft butch types.

"Soft butch" is what a woman looks like without make up and a skirt. They're normal women who don't "perform" feminity, it's quite simple.

by Anonymousreply 130November 10, 2020 8:24 PM

Both dead ass ugly.

by Anonymousreply 131November 10, 2020 8:30 PM

No, soft butch refers to a certain type of lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 132November 10, 2020 8:30 PM

R129, they say this themselves--"I used to identify as straight, but now I am lesbian."

It's all along the spectrum, as we all know by now.

I'm just saying that for a certain number of us (who are gold stars), having a romantic relationship with a man always seemed unthinkable--at least it was for me. That group, in my experience, is more often attracted to feminine women.

by Anonymousreply 133November 10, 2020 8:39 PM

So Rachel was a Rhodes Scholar and got a PhD from Oxford University and yet ended up on a small town radio show and pulling weeds for a lesbian? She threw away all her academic and political work to be a TV star?

by Anonymousreply 134November 10, 2020 8:45 PM

The lure of the camera is great.

by Anonymousreply 135November 10, 2020 8:48 PM

So sick of gay men condescending to lesbians out of seemingly nothing but pure lesbophobia. Nothing changes. Go to hell, "brothers".

by Anonymousreply 136November 10, 2020 8:50 PM

R134 What do you suggest she should be applying her talents to? I'm sure she earns a nice living, and enjoys what she does.

by Anonymousreply 137November 10, 2020 8:50 PM

R134 Rachel pulled the weeds when she was a starving grad student working on her dissertation. NOT after she got her PhD.

by Anonymousreply 138November 10, 2020 9:26 PM

R134....? Calling R134...? Yeah, crickets.

by Anonymousreply 139November 10, 2020 9:44 PM

Everyone in TV/radio has to start local first.

Unless you have major strings to pull (ie wealthy family), you don't start at the top.

by Anonymousreply 140November 10, 2020 9:47 PM

What the hell is a soft butch then? I always thought that Rachel Maddow is a prime example of a soft butch. Actually, half of female political commentators in my country have a very similar look and they're all straight as far as I know.

by Anonymousreply 141November 10, 2020 9:56 PM

I would say she is soft butch R141.

by Anonymousreply 142November 10, 2020 9:59 PM

She is a soft butch.

by Anonymousreply 143November 10, 2020 10:00 PM

I would think she’s a medium butch?

by Anonymousreply 144November 10, 2020 10:01 PM

I cannot believe DL would take interest in two dykes. I learn something new everyday. I heard that lesbian would rub their pussy against each other, then have their mucus will spill out to the other pussy. That's gross.

by Anonymousreply 145November 10, 2020 10:03 PM

I daresay some men here are jealous of Maddow's success, and intelligence. I think it's more that than phobia of lesbians. That, and nasty petty people in general.

by Anonymousreply 146November 10, 2020 10:03 PM

R145 No, that is hot!

by Anonymousreply 147November 10, 2020 10:05 PM

[quote] I daresay some men here are jealous of Maddow's success, and intelligence. I think it's more that than phobia of lesbians. That, and nasty petty people in general.

I agree. And it's becoming formulaic and predictable by now. You see it in the Kamala thread or any of the threads about a successful women: they go like this--

"So if she's so smart/successful/talented, why is she unmarried at 50/married to someone boring/have to pull weeds/start at an entry level job..."etc

And then someone has to write a post about how real life works. So they're not just bitter, but also, naive and involved themselves in no real career or difficult endeavor.

Your standard basement dweller.

by Anonymousreply 148November 10, 2020 10:18 PM

[quote]I heard that lesbian would rub their pussy against each other, then have their mucus will spill out to the other pussy.

Say que now?

by Anonymousreply 149November 11, 2020 2:20 AM

[quote]I heard that lesbian would rub their pussy against each other, then have their mucus will spill out to the other pussy.

So THAT'S how girl dicks work!

by Anonymousreply 150November 11, 2020 4:23 AM

Lesbians are the best humans

by Anonymousreply 151November 11, 2020 12:03 PM

Some humans are better than others? Okay.

Gay men are the best humans.

by Anonymousreply 152November 11, 2020 12:07 PM

Rachel is handsome. I’m surprised but good for them!

by Anonymousreply 153November 11, 2020 12:09 PM

Gay men are not the best humans.

by Anonymousreply 154November 11, 2020 12:23 PM

Lesbians are not the best humans.

by Anonymousreply 155November 11, 2020 12:41 PM

If you are sick of humans get a dog.

by Anonymousreply 156November 11, 2020 12:50 PM

I have never, in my life, met a lesbian who has said “I used to identify as straight.” In fact, the only people I’ve heard refer to *identifying* as anything are the QT crowd of trolls. I’ve met several lesbians who have said, “I used to be married to a man” and even “I’m technically, I guess, bi, but only interested in women”. Sexual orientation is not fluid. Participatory activity and experimentation can be situation dependent. But lesbians are lesbians, just as gay men are gay, from day one, and straight people are straight. It’s not complicated.

by Anonymousreply 157November 11, 2020 12:58 PM

R130, no, it isn’t. A femme without makeup is femme. A stone butch in a tiara and an evening gown is miserable but still stone butch. Styling choices are expressions of the existing personality, not the other way around. “Soft Butch” isn’t some sort of default for all lesbians before they brush their hair in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 158November 11, 2020 1:00 PM

^sexuality is fluid for some people, especially women. They can be only attracted to women and be repulsed by men at one period of their lives and then later totally loose the attraction to women and become attracted to men...just one example

by Anonymousreply 159November 11, 2020 1:02 PM

[quote]“I’m technically, I guess, bi, but only interested in women”.

What does that even mean???

by Anonymousreply 160November 11, 2020 1:02 PM

R159, no, it isn’t. If people are bi, they’re bi. That’s not fluidity. Not meeting a person of the same or opposite sex whom one finds sexually attractive doesn’t mean your orientation changes when you do meet someone you want to fuck. Women’s sexuality is as real as men’s sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 161November 11, 2020 1:06 PM

How can someone be 'bi' but only interested in men or women?

Unless that person needs to consult a dictionary.

by Anonymousreply 162November 11, 2020 1:11 PM

Are they monogamous??

by Anonymousreply 163November 11, 2020 1:13 PM

They don't even have sex with each other!

by Anonymousreply 164November 11, 2020 1:23 PM

R161 No, that's not bi. Bi is being attracted to both sexes. How the hell is being attracted to only one sex, bi? Also, women and men sexualities are not the same, since women and men are not the same. The fact that women are more fluid has already been proven

by Anonymousreply 165November 11, 2020 1:37 PM

I refuse to believe that the lesbophobes on this thread are gay men. They’re TRA/Other trolls grinding axes and sowing social division. No one gay needs to have sexual orientation explained to them.

Lesbians are not and will never be attracted to men, male bodies, penises, male socialization, balls, chest hair, etc. Lesbian sexuality cannot be *coerced* into being something else. Women’s sexuality is not *fluid*, it is based upon wired attraction.

by Anonymousreply 166November 11, 2020 1:48 PM

How does one explain the large number of lesbians who have been in relationships with men then?

by Anonymousreply 167November 11, 2020 1:53 PM

Once the clothing comes off, if the person is a natal female and her hygiene is taken care of, I don't see a problem. Most of the butch women I've known are very sensitive; the first to cry. People sort through their appearance and decide for themselves what they are comfortable with. Enjoy the parts of people that you do, leave what you don't enjoy. But stop expecting people to fit themselves into a mold, so that you understand them, or find them attractive or acceptable.

by Anonymousreply 168November 11, 2020 1:59 PM

All the gay men I know along the 'fem to masc' spectrum are so innately. It's not about styling. A totally nude 'fem' gay man is totally different from a 'masc' gay man.

by Anonymousreply 169November 11, 2020 2:12 PM

r8, looks like Rachel's mother. Couldn't she have some hot femme on her arm?

Don't let me start with Cynthia Nixon. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 170November 11, 2020 2:36 PM

r166, not so fast with that. I disagree. If this is a woman posting. Have you every been at a certain time in cycle when a guy started to look good? Nature has a way of working that sometimes resets. It usually goes away but it is not black and white.

by Anonymousreply 171November 11, 2020 2:38 PM

R166 Who's talking about lesbians and their erasure? I was talking about how sexual fluidity exist among (very small percentage) people, more women than men. If it's insulting to lesbians then it's also insulting to straight women. Some women lose attraction to men and start being exclusively attracted to women. Am I erasing female heterosexuality now?

by Anonymousreply 172November 11, 2020 2:58 PM

R171 you sound like a trancel who wants to fuck lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 173November 11, 2020 3:13 PM

If you’re a woman who is sexually attracted to men, you’re not a lesbian. Lesbians are exclusively same SEX attracted. That’s the definition of the word. If you’re attracted to men and women, you’re BI-sexual. Human sex is dimorphic; it is black and white. Women produce eggs, men produce sperm, there is no in-between gamete, there is no in-between sex, even people with differential sex disorders are conclusively male or female, just as everyone with chromosomal disorders, such as Down Syndrome, are either male or female.

And, Jonathan, you give yourself away by bringing up your period fetish. This is a site for LGB people, not straight pedophiles who want to force other people to pretend they’re women. You’re not welcome here.

by Anonymousreply 174November 11, 2020 3:20 PM

This is a site for gay men. I don't know any who go by 'LGB'.

by Anonymousreply 175November 11, 2020 3:23 PM

Another, role model, famous, female couple that displays the Gestalt approach to love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176November 11, 2020 3:27 PM

Women just don't men's sex drive. So they often enter relationships for money or comfort or status or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 177November 11, 2020 3:32 PM

R176, those are not lesbians. Gigi is a self-loathing gay man and Bruce is an autogynephile who admitted to wearing his daughters’ panties. There is not a chance in hell the two of them have ever had sex. They’re using each other for PR.

by Anonymousreply 178November 11, 2020 3:44 PM

R159, I'm a lesbian and I do NOT believe sexuality is fluid. If that were true, then straight people would probably go to bed every night terrified of waking up gay the next morning.

There are many women who used to be married to a man but who now recognize that they are gay. Many of them (including Meredith Baxter) will tell you they were in deep denial. Some of these women come out only after their kids are grown and their parents have died. This will happen less and less as society becomes more accepting.

Why does this happen to women more than men? I think women are more socially conditioned to follow societal conventions. Also, for women, attraction is more emotional rather than physical. They don't have a physical barometer (penis) located front and center of their body that tells them exactly what they like. They figure it out as they "fall in love" emotionally.

by Anonymousreply 179November 11, 2020 3:46 PM

Tran “women” are men, the majority of whom are autogynephilic predators.

by Anonymousreply 180November 11, 2020 3:50 PM

This discussion has nothing to do with trans. It's about gay women and their attractions.

by Anonymousreply 181November 11, 2020 3:55 PM

Lesbians must make EVEYTHING about their hatred of trans / penis.

Thus proving the point upthread.

by Anonymousreply 182November 11, 2020 3:56 PM

R182, I don't hate trans. I just think that it deserves a different thread. This thread is about two lesbians.

And you KNOW that lesbians don't hate penis. At this point, you're just trolling.

by Anonymousreply 183November 11, 2020 3:59 PM

She's lucky. Plenty of us only wished we had someone in our life during this pandemic, let alone decades. Wish them the best.

by Anonymousreply 184November 11, 2020 4:01 PM

R179 You are talking about a lesbian that discovered later in life that she's gay. She's one of those "later in life lesbians". But that's has nothing to do with the fact that sexuality is fluid for some (tiny percentage) of people.

by Anonymousreply 185November 11, 2020 4:26 PM

How does someone discover they're gay later in life???

by Anonymousreply 186November 11, 2020 4:34 PM

[quote]How does someone discover they're gay later in life???

I fell on a penis when I was 30. Never looked back.

by Anonymousreply 187November 11, 2020 4:52 PM

That is ridiculous R177. We have a strong sex drive. You can be extremely sexually attracted to someone, but not fall in love with them. Some women equate a sexual encounter (one night stand) as being slutty. I think most women have a strong emotional bond with other women that most men don't have with other men.. As society changes we are seeing the men catch up to the women. Seems society is so intent on pigeonholing someone to fem or butch that we do more harm to ourselves trying to live up to those stereotypes. Depending on the circumstances some people might see me as fem, but in another circumstance see me as soft butch. It is tiring when society sees things as either or.

by Anonymousreply 188November 11, 2020 4:53 PM

Research into women and sexuality shows that women are quite distinct from men and are sexually fluid.

R161 Read up on the research before shitting out your mindless posts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189November 11, 2020 5:33 PM

I think they are sweet, and they remind me of my lesbian friends who have settled down and moved to the suburbs or country.

by Anonymousreply 190November 11, 2020 5:35 PM

R187 helps illustrate R188's point.

by Anonymousreply 191November 11, 2020 5:36 PM

Nevermind R191, I fucked up post numbers, and am slinking away now.

by Anonymousreply 192November 11, 2020 5:37 PM

[quote] Rachel has talked about how her wife is a babe lol. There was an interview where she bragged about how truckers hit on Susan in diners

Susan, blonde, big-busted, looks like someone truckers would hit on.

Anyway, I envy that kind of relationship. Seems happier than what Rosie O'Donnell, Melissa Etheridge, and Ellen go through. I realize Ellen's been married for a long time, but I would bet they're both unhappy.

by Anonymousreply 193November 11, 2020 6:49 PM

Women are not sexually fluid. They are either lesbians who lived in denial before recognizing/embracing their true orientation, or they are bisexual.

If sexuality were fluid, then homosexuality would be curable. "Let's just do some exercises to flow you back the other direction."

by Anonymousreply 194November 11, 2020 9:08 PM

Not necessarily.

And nobody is arguing male homosexuality is fluid.

by Anonymousreply 195November 11, 2020 9:10 PM

What do you think their pet names are for each other?

by Anonymousreply 196November 11, 2020 9:11 PM

Women like Meredith Baxter Birney did not consider themselves lesbian but closeted in 1980. She considered herself straight.

Lindsey Graham knows he’s gay.

by Anonymousreply 197November 11, 2020 9:11 PM

Rachel demands to be called Rhodey in a cutesy way, but it never feels natural.

by Anonymousreply 198November 11, 2020 9:12 PM

R197, Meredith told Oprah that she could have only have reached her epiphany after her mother died. Even though all of her straight relationships were dysfunctional disasters.

by Anonymousreply 199November 11, 2020 9:13 PM

R195, go ahead and admit it. Even though you're a gay man, you want to sample the fish. That's why you're persisting with this bizarrely backwards argument.

by Anonymousreply 200November 11, 2020 9:14 PM

[quote] Even though you're a gay man, you want to sample the fish.

Ew. No thanks, hun.

by Anonymousreply 201November 11, 2020 9:15 PM

[quote] [R197], Meredith told Oprah that she could have only have reached her epiphany after her mother died. Even though all of her straight relationships were dysfunctional disasters.

Which is such a weird thing to say.

I — like most gay men — realized at twelve when I rubbed one out thinking of a cute guy from school.

by Anonymousreply 202November 11, 2020 9:16 PM

Meredith Baxter-Birney spent decades married to men and even bore them five children. She may chose not partake in penis now, but don’t act like asking her to consider a trans woman is somehow hateful.

Same goes for all the women like her.

by Anonymousreply 203November 11, 2020 9:21 PM

Meredith Baxter's transformation from straight to gay is odd. I did know a woman like that. Feminine-looking, conventionally attractive, and served in the US Army. Married and divorced, 2X (men). Then, around age 40, called herself a "lesbian" and never looked back. IMO, there's an amount of opportunism in the late-life change to being a lesbian. IMO, a conventionally attractive, feminine-looking lesbian is a hot commodity in the lesbian community.

by Anonymousreply 204November 11, 2020 9:25 PM

Right, 202. Because even at 12, your penis told you exactly what you liked.

Women don't work that way. Their attraction is emotional. Therefore, it's easier to suppress (since it's not poking against their shorts). Some women don't have crushes until their teens or later.

But why do you, as a gay man, believe that you are the expert on lesbianism? Why are you so determined to discount and deny the feelings and experiences of lesbian DLers? So fucking weird.

by Anonymousreply 205November 11, 2020 9:26 PM

R203. No one is talking about trans. Except you. Constantly, incessantly, and relentlessly. Something on your mind?

by Anonymousreply 206November 11, 2020 9:28 PM

[quote] Women don't work that way. Their attraction is emotional.

Yes, this is true.

[quote] But why do you, as a gay man, believe that you are the expert on lesbianism? Why are you so determined to discount and deny the feelings and experiences of lesbian DLers?

Because they keep shifting the facts on it.

[quote] No one is talking about trans. Except you.

Okay. I won’t. But the point was about how they had to bring it up to denounce penis.

by Anonymousreply 207November 11, 2020 9:29 PM

Some women chose to call themselves lesbians. Whatever.

by Anonymousreply 208November 11, 2020 9:31 PM

R204. That's an interesting observation. A large part of straight society considers women to be disposable. Straight men think they should date women who are 20 years younger than themselves. So 40-something women often end up marrying men in their 60s.

But lesbians appreciate women their own age...and even older, in Rachel's case.

Still, no straight woman is going to pretend to be gay just for the hell of it. There's the societal discrimination, and they'd probably be uncomfortable with the bedroom activities.

Would you marry a woman--and perform in the bedroom--if she bought you an expensive car and let you live in her big house?

by Anonymousreply 209November 11, 2020 9:32 PM

R189 is using TransNews as *science* source. Fuck Off, trancel predator!

by Anonymousreply 210November 11, 2020 9:32 PM

R207, you said:

[quote]Okay. I won’t. But the point was about how they had to bring it up to denounce penis.

I still have no idea what you're talking about. I've never talked about anything trans with any lesbian; the topic has just never come up. I don't know who you mean by "they", but they don't represent me.

by Anonymousreply 211November 11, 2020 9:36 PM

R208, maybe it describes them most accurately. I was married and have 3 children; the last of whom is 25. I haven't been with a man since the last was conceived. I've actually been with women, exclusively, longer than I've been with men.

by Anonymousreply 212November 11, 2020 9:37 PM

[quote] Still, no straight woman is going to pretend to be gay just for the hell of it. There's the societal discrimination, and they'd probably be uncomfortable with the bedroom activities. Would you marry a woman--and perform in the bedroom--if she bought you an expensive car and let you live in her big house?

R209, respectfully, yes, I do think a straight woman would enter into a lesbian relationship in order to better her life, whether financially or professionally. It's somewhat accepted that men do "gay for pay." IMO, women do it as well.

by Anonymousreply 213November 11, 2020 9:39 PM

I get all dem hot bitchez wid da big racks!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214November 11, 2020 9:41 PM

[quote] Straight men think they should date women who are 20 years younger than themselves. So 40-something women often end up marrying men in their 60s.

As established, men’s attraction is physical, women’s isn’t.

That’s why that happens.

by Anonymousreply 215November 11, 2020 9:41 PM

R213, you’re unable to identify the difference between prostitution and a relationship? Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 216November 11, 2020 9:42 PM

R207 I blocked R201-R203, and several others here LONG ago for obnoxious and offensive remarks about women, lesbians, and others. Just a heads up. I like to think I understand women, as I have many close women as friends, and several happen to be lesbians, but I never speak FOR women.

The best way for any man to understand a woman's POV, is to listen to her, and not discount what she shares.

Any bloke here arguing they know better about women's bodies, or sexual response and orientation are TOSSERS.

by Anonymousreply 217November 11, 2020 9:42 PM

Lesbians don’t face social stigma, so, yes, they women who aren’t crazy about vagina sometimes call themselves lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 218November 11, 2020 9:43 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219November 11, 2020 9:45 PM

R213, on second thought, I agree with you. These are the same women who would marry a 90-year-old man who has a million dollars.

by Anonymousreply 220November 11, 2020 9:47 PM

For a lot of lesbians they simply prefer the prospect of settling down with a woman than a man. Doesn’t mean they’re sexually attracted to women though.

by Anonymousreply 221November 11, 2020 9:48 PM

Sorry my reply was meant for R205, in R217....R207 blocked as well.

by Anonymousreply 222November 11, 2020 9:51 PM

R218, I have faced discrimination lots of times. There are a few straight men who love the "hawt" lesbians, but other than that, the same people who discriminate against gay men also discriminate against lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 223November 11, 2020 9:52 PM

[quote] he same people who discriminate against gay men also discriminate against lesbians.

That just isn’t true. A sizeable contingent hate ONLY the former.

by Anonymousreply 224November 11, 2020 9:54 PM

[quote]For a lot of lesbians they simply prefer the prospect of settling down with a woman than a man. Doesn’t mean they’re sexually attracted to women though.

WHAT? Lesbians are not sexually attracted to women? Let me get out my dictionary.

In my experience, I develop a crush or fall in love, and then the sexual attraction follows. Since I don't develop crushes on men, I don't become sexually attracted to them.

But that's just my experience as a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 225November 11, 2020 9:56 PM

R224, show me the data.

by Anonymousreply 226November 11, 2020 9:57 PM

[quote] Lesbians are not sexually attracted to women?

A few maybe. There might be an emotional but not sexual attraction. Or platonic love.

See the link at R219 for one example.

Don’t tell me Rachel and Susan are having wild sex.

But most people over like forty who marry aren’t really sexually attracted. Romantically maybe. But sometimes just seeking comfort.

by Anonymousreply 227November 11, 2020 10:02 PM

[quote] [R224], show me the data.

If you have to ask you’ll never get it.

Gay men are the lowest rung in society.

by Anonymousreply 228November 11, 2020 10:03 PM

R228, is that what you believe? Is that why you're trying to tear down lesbians a few rungs?

by Anonymousreply 229November 11, 2020 10:05 PM

R227, women have different sex drives than men. This is why so many straight couples seem to be mismatched.

Women want sex. Just not as much as men.

by Anonymousreply 230November 11, 2020 10:08 PM

I was already kinda sad to know that it is estimated that 28% of LGBTQ voters voted for dump. And to read the plethora of obnoxious and catty comments about Rachel and her partner found me expanding upon that level of sadness. I guess it is that whole pointless bitchery thing that continues to rule the waves on datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 231November 11, 2020 10:20 PM

Aren’t straight couples mismatched because there is a man and a woman?

by Anonymousreply 232November 11, 2020 10:20 PM

R232, yes. The "limerence/crush/love" feeling lasts about two years, and once it's gone, straight couples find they have nothing in common. They can't agree about where/how to vacation, what to watch on TV, how to spend the tax refund.

by Anonymousreply 233November 11, 2020 10:31 PM

Jesus there is such BS on this thread. Our experiences can be unique or similar. We are human. Sounds like a lot of sexually suppressed people. Yes, a lesbian can be sexually attracted to a woman, but not emotionally. And there is nothing wrong with that. Why do you ask someone for a date? Because you are attracted to them. It doesn't mean that attraction is going to turn into love. It doesn't mean that attraction is going to mean you are going to have a compatible or satisfying sexual experience with one another. And you can be in love with someone and have an unfulfilling sexual life with them. One again, quit trying to pigeonhole someone.

by Anonymousreply 234November 11, 2020 10:35 PM

Rachel dresses like a teen boy.

by Anonymousreply 235November 11, 2020 10:54 PM

[Quote] One again, quit trying to pigeonhole someone.

I was pigeonholed once... haven't been the same since.

by Anonymousreply 236November 11, 2020 10:56 PM

R235 No, Rachel dresses like a cool punk-rock lesbian you little twit.

by Anonymousreply 237November 11, 2020 11:19 PM

Rachel's make up artist for TV is good.

Here she looks like a trans man.

by Anonymousreply 238November 11, 2020 11:21 PM

Amen R234. There is more variation within groups than between groups. If you’ve met one lesbian, you’ve met one lesbian.

The only thing that all lesbians share is our firm belief that Northampton, Massachusetts is the most perfect place in the world. Rachel and Susan were blessed to meet in lesbian nirvana. I really must object to the poster above who belittled it. “Prettier than a big city, city-er than a scout camp...”

by Anonymousreply 239November 11, 2020 11:32 PM

What you meant to say is that trans “men” are women and, often, somewhat butch women and even with the cross-sex hormones and elective double mastectomies and hysterectomies and masculine theatrics, they still look like women and never pass as men because they aren’t.

by Anonymousreply 240November 11, 2020 11:35 PM

[quote] There are a few straight men who love the "hawt" lesbians

A few? I would say it's a lot more than a few. More like most straight men.

by Anonymousreply 241November 12, 2020 12:33 AM

I’ve never heard a straight guy say he was turned off by lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 242November 12, 2020 12:38 AM

Rachel dresses like a teen boy.

by Anonymousreply 243November 12, 2020 12:48 AM

If the left saw a conservative lesbian with her girlfriend and she wasn't good looking you would poke her but not a left winger.

by Anonymousreply 244November 12, 2020 2:10 AM

This thread is really fucked upped. A conversation about Rachel's girlfriend turns into lesbian sex. You guys are sex deprived.

by Anonymousreply 245November 12, 2020 2:39 AM

Lesbian sex is usually an oxymoron.

Lesbian bed death however...

by Anonymousreply 246November 12, 2020 5:49 AM

r245, it's the "transbian" and his sockpuppets

by Anonymousreply 247November 12, 2020 5:54 AM

Lesbian bed death doesn't exist. While having sex sessions less frequently than hetero or gay male couples (probably due to the lack of male begging and whining), lesbians have much longer sexual sessions that include tons of oral sex and tons and tons of multiple orgasms. Educate yourself, R246.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248November 12, 2020 6:49 AM

I would rather R246 not educate himself--I would rather that he not think of us at all.

by Anonymousreply 249November 12, 2020 6:53 AM

Every time I scroll past this thread, I think it's Harry Potter and Sally Struthers.

by Anonymousreply 250November 12, 2020 6:59 AM

I might have missed it in the above replies, but has anyone considered they both likely looked quite different when they met? Like, maybe, 20+ years younger?

In any case, they seem happy and that's all that really counts.

by Anonymousreply 251November 12, 2020 7:06 AM

Gay men are born gay.

Lesbians chose to be lesbians.

FIN

by Anonymousreply 252November 12, 2020 7:32 AM

R252, you forgot to sign your post as Idiot Gay Mansplainer.

by Anonymousreply 253November 12, 2020 7:39 AM

"your dating preferences are discriminatory"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254November 12, 2020 8:07 AM

There it is, R252. Your tired old schtick, "Women choose to be lesbians". You've spewed it on so many other threads; I was waiting for you to type it up here. You held off longer than usual though. It was your 50th post on this thread.

Hateful R252 is the author of 50 posts on this thread. This is not an exaggeration. 50 posts. That's 20 percent of this thread. That's a lot of hate for women and lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 255November 12, 2020 2:09 PM

If a person has a penis, he's a man -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256November 13, 2020 9:03 AM

Seriously, this has nothing to do with trans.

Stop bringing it up.

by Anonymousreply 257November 13, 2020 9:06 AM

It does when this thread is littered with sockpuppet posts by a "transbian" who insists lesbian sexuality is imaginary.

by Anonymousreply 258November 13, 2020 9:12 AM

Some lesbians do claim they choose to be lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 259November 13, 2020 9:13 AM

R258 I'm digging the term "transbian". I find it clever, and useful.

by Anonymousreply 260November 13, 2020 9:25 AM

R11 some gay men too, this man likes fucking 500 pound bottoms..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261November 13, 2020 9:32 AM

[R11] some gay men too, this man likes fucking 500 pound bottoms..

That's the opposite: a fat fetish is inherently rooted in the physical.

by Anonymousreply 262November 13, 2020 9:37 AM

All the cool girls are lesbians

by Anonymousreply 263November 13, 2020 11:25 AM

[bold] Get cliterate: how a Melbourne doctor is redefining female sexuality [/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264November 13, 2020 12:35 PM

[bold] Lezbehonest about Queer Politics Erasing Lesbian Women [/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265November 13, 2020 12:43 PM

Isn’t that website at R265 run by a noted homophobe?

by Anonymousreply 266November 13, 2020 1:07 PM

Neither Rachel or her partner is trans. This thread is not about trans. Please stop talking about trans, or at least start a new thread.

by Anonymousreply 267November 13, 2020 2:15 PM

I love gay lesbians!

by Anonymousreply 268November 13, 2020 2:17 PM

There are some celebrities that you hope there is never a sex tape leak, just saying.

by Anonymousreply 269November 13, 2020 5:20 PM

😬😬😬😬🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

by Anonymousreply 270November 13, 2020 5:29 PM

At least there's no chance of a sex tape.

A sexy night for these two is falling asleep in a haze of Chardonnay and bread pudding thirty minutes into Personal Best.

by Anonymousreply 271November 13, 2020 5:44 PM

It's possible they've never had sex.

by Anonymousreply 272November 15, 2020 1:04 PM
by Anonymousreply 273November 19, 2020 11:25 AM

That's highly unlikely, r272.

by Anonymousreply 274November 19, 2020 11:31 AM

Woke up too early this morning, and during my morning perusal of DL saw this thread. Except I couldn’t imagine it had been bumped, so my groggy eyes read this as “So, this is Richard Madden’s girlfriend?” I was flabbergasted for a few moments upon looking at the link.

We just finished watching “Bodyguard” this week so perhaps I still have a bit Scot-on-the-brain.

by Anonymousreply 275November 19, 2020 11:33 AM

There might be a few lesbians of middle age who have sex, but the older you go with lesbians the more likely it is that they don't like it and choose to be lesbians out of hatred of men.

by Anonymousreply 276November 19, 2020 11:33 AM

So Rachel purposely chose an older woman as a lover knowing there wold be a lack of sex in the relationship? Is she uncomfortable with sex? I could kind of see that, looks like she be more interested in a book than a muff dive.

by Anonymousreply 277November 19, 2020 11:37 AM

I imagine they never have sex, but often have long conversations in the evening.

by Anonymousreply 278November 19, 2020 11:39 AM

R278 About sex?

by Anonymousreply 279November 19, 2020 11:45 AM

No, about womanhood, society, politics...

by Anonymousreply 280November 19, 2020 11:48 AM

R278 Doesn’t Rachel work in the evenings? Is that all part of her plan? “ Honey, I just got off work, I’m exhausted, not tonight babe.” I think Rachel’s a sex avoider, she many not even be a real lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 281November 19, 2020 11:48 AM

Rachel's younger so I think it's more likely she could be attracted to vag rather than just hate men.

by Anonymousreply 282November 19, 2020 11:52 AM

Ari Fleischer who is covering for her had her on last night. The background of her home looked like it had a homestead vibe going on.

by Anonymousreply 283November 19, 2020 12:03 PM

R283 Ali Velshi. What were those things on the wall? Were they for exercise?

by Anonymousreply 284November 19, 2020 12:08 PM

Wait, she’s still at home? Did she come back as positive? I stopped watching CNN after the election ended daysssssss later.

by Anonymousreply 285November 19, 2020 12:30 PM

Rachel is an intelligent woman, but physically, not my type. I like the Ash Beckham type of lesbians. Also, Rachel seems exhausting; everything would be a long winded discussion.

by Anonymousreply 286November 19, 2020 8:26 PM

"Lesbians admit to not caring about the physical. It’s why relationships between trans and cis lesbians can often work.'

Wrong. So wrong I can't even.

Lesbians do not want to deal with a dick. Even if it's in a dress.

by Anonymousreply 287November 19, 2020 8:30 PM

Yes, they don’t want to deal with dick. Not that they love dealing with vagina. There’s a difference.

Many lesbians say they choose to be lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 288November 19, 2020 8:32 PM

And, if it’s simply a matter of choice, then why not deal with a dick?

by Anonymousreply 289November 19, 2020 8:32 PM

R284 Yes, Ari Velshi. I don't know what I was thinking when I typed W's press secretary's name. No idea what that is on her wall. Wild guess, barn decoration.

by Anonymousreply 290November 19, 2020 8:51 PM

It isn't a choice, just as you being a big, flaming homo isn't a choice.

Jesus, stop with the "many lesbians say it's a choice" bullshit. Are you from Focus on the Family?

However, IF it was a choice, I would totally have chosen to be a lesbian because women are just superior in every way to men.

by Anonymousreply 291November 19, 2020 8:53 PM

I just blocked r252 and poof, half the thread is gone.

Begone trans troll, before someone drops a house on you.

by Anonymousreply 292November 19, 2020 8:54 PM

Sheila Jeffreys, noted lesbian, has said that all the lesbians she has ever spoken to who came out in the ‘70s said they chose it. She asked the same question of those who came out in the ‘90s and later and they say they didn’t.

Jeffreys says she choose it. Julie Bindel is another of many who has spoken at in depth about choosing it.

by Anonymousreply 293November 19, 2020 9:00 PM

[quote] However, IF it was a choice, I would totally have chosen to be a lesbian because women are just superior in every way to men.

LOL. Real objective and convincing.

Penis hating will always have primacy over vag loving to you.

by Anonymousreply 294November 19, 2020 9:07 PM

I know lesbians with trans MEN--and every couple like this I know was a lesbian-lesbian couple, and then one of them chose to transition, and the other went along begrudgingly.

Lesbians rarely (almost never) date transwomen.

Because--why would they?

by Anonymousreply 295November 19, 2020 9:52 PM

Lesbian didn’t exist historically. There’s no evidence of it. It’s a lifestyle choice mostly.

by Anonymousreply 296November 19, 2020 9:55 PM

Your ignorance R296 is truly astounding.

by Anonymousreply 297November 19, 2020 9:56 PM

Yet, you can not extinguish my point that many lesbians DO claim it was a choice.

Ha ha ha, dyke.

by Anonymousreply 298November 19, 2020 10:00 PM

And many gay men who have been to "de-gaying therapy camp" said that they had chosen to be gay. Does that mean truly gay men don't really exist?

by Anonymousreply 299November 19, 2020 10:06 PM

R298, you have a belief that gay women don't choose to be gay...even though several lesbians on this thread explicitly told you they didn't choose to be gay.

Why is this so important to you? Why are you so dedicated to it? (SIXTY posts in this thread....or 20 percent of the thread). Why do you need to impose this belief in every thread about lesbians? It makes you seem like a troll.

by Anonymousreply 300November 19, 2020 10:08 PM

Oops, above, I meant, "you have a belief that gay women choose to be gay"... (a weird, fucked-up belief that defies logic)

by Anonymousreply 301November 19, 2020 10:11 PM

If it was a choice, there wouldn't be one straight woman on the planet

by Anonymousreply 302November 19, 2020 11:36 PM

Watch now

by Anonymousreply 303November 20, 2020 1:04 AM

Rachel is doing the show from her house. Her gf Susan has Covid and was pretty sick but getting better. Rachel is still testing negative and begging people to take it seriously.

by Anonymousreply 304November 20, 2020 1:16 AM

Half of the posts on this thread come from an enraged autogynophile at R252,

by Anonymousreply 305November 20, 2020 1:31 AM

Half of the posts on this thread come from an enraged autogynophile at R252,

by Anonymousreply 306November 20, 2020 1:31 AM

Now that we have established how shallow gay men and women are...

by Anonymousreply 307November 20, 2020 2:42 AM

And you’re a stunning beauty, right?

by Anonymousreply 308November 20, 2020 2:44 AM

[quote] Half of the posts on this thread come from an enraged autogynophile at [R252],

Wah! Penis bad!

by Anonymousreply 309November 20, 2020 4:39 AM

[quote]even though several lesbians on this thread explicitly told you they didn't choose to be gay.

And many others say they have chosen it.

It’s about protecting gay men’s sexuality based rights.

by Anonymousreply 310November 20, 2020 4:41 AM

[quote] If it was a choice, there wouldn't be one straight woman on the planet

Things like this really don’t help you to prove that it’s not rooted in hatred of men.

by Anonymousreply 311November 20, 2020 4:43 AM

If some women choose to be gay, then some men choose to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 312November 20, 2020 5:41 AM

[quote] If some women choose to be gay, then some men choose to be gay.

No.

Some lesbians chose to be lesbians.

No gay men chose to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 313November 20, 2020 5:56 AM

[quote] [R298], you have a belief that gay women don't choose to be gay...even though several lesbians on this thread explicitly told you they didn't choose to be gay.

Only to cover themselves from the dissonance at refusing to have sex with a trans woman yet claiming sexuality is a choice.

Now they’re just saying everyone would chose it if they could because... men evil!

by Anonymousreply 314November 20, 2020 5:58 AM

My mom used it on me growing up, she applied it straight and I had curls for 3 days. I've looked and it's nearly impossible to find in stores, I'm not sure it's even sold anymore. I remember occasionally she would leave it on too long and I'd have trouble sitting, burned like hell.

by Anonymousreply 315November 20, 2020 6:04 AM

I think R315 has summed up this thread nicely.

by Anonymousreply 316November 20, 2020 8:42 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317November 20, 2020 1:13 PM

If you wanted Rachel last night you would know she loves her girlfriend very much.

by Anonymousreply 318November 20, 2020 1:17 PM

Someone please explain this fixation on who lesbians choose to sleep with and whether they chose to identify as lesbian? What is up with that?

by Anonymousreply 319November 20, 2020 2:02 PM

I, in no way, chose to be a lesbian. I was raised Southern Baptist in the deep south, in the 70s. I wanted to be straight, but I could not CHOOSE. This nearly drove me to suicide. I do not hate men...I just don't want to sleep with them. I love women...their softness...their curves...

by Anonymousreply 320November 20, 2020 2:05 PM

I thought Rachel's speech about Susan having Covid was one of the loveliest tributes of any kind of love I've heard in a long while.

I am lucky, too, to have a partner I feel that way about, even after 24 years.

by Anonymousreply 321November 20, 2020 2:09 PM

R319, it's just that one poster who's obsessed with it. He says that he was born a gay male, but that lesbians choose to be gay. You can't reason with him; don't waste your time. Either he's a troll, or he has aspergers.

by Anonymousreply 322November 20, 2020 4:28 PM

*watched

by Anonymousreply 323November 20, 2020 7:18 PM

Thanks, r322.

by Anonymousreply 324November 20, 2020 9:54 PM

R319 An angry trans woman/autogynophile is responsible for half the posts on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 325November 20, 2020 11:14 PM

R318: "If you wanted Rachel last night..."

by Anonymousreply 326November 22, 2020 4:30 AM

I wonder how Susan got it? I'm assuming she and Rachel aren't out partying or acting irresponsibly. Susan's a photographer so not a really high risk workload. Damn, I just looked it up and Susan is 62 years old!

by Anonymousreply 327November 22, 2020 7:56 AM

I understand the Northampton area is a hotspot in MA now. I’m guessing she was back home while Rachel was on air non-stop for the never ending election.

by Anonymousreply 328November 22, 2020 10:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!