Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pete Buttigieg is a near-certainty for Biden's Cabinet

What position do you want Pete in?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155December 11, 2020 11:54 AM

Horizontal.

by Anonymousreply 1November 9, 2020 2:54 AM

Missionary

by Anonymousreply 2November 9, 2020 2:54 AM

6 feet under.

by Anonymousreply 3November 9, 2020 2:55 AM

I know there have been threads on this topic already - but I'll add my 2 cents.

I think he would be great as the White House spokesperson. He cuts through all of the lies and charged questions that conservatives throw at him.

He has been better at communicating Democratic ideas and positions than anyone else - including Biden.

by Anonymousreply 4November 9, 2020 2:56 AM

He will probably get Sec of Veteran Affairs, which is a thankless job, but his team is pushing for Ambassador to the UN & that would be a much better stepping stone to a presidential run in the future.

by Anonymousreply 5November 9, 2020 2:57 AM

He can be a lawnmower for white house lawn. He is gay. He may has a sense of beauty. But then again, he picked Chesten.

by Anonymousreply 6November 9, 2020 3:00 AM

R4 He would definitely be a great white house spokesman but it's below his aspirations. That's the kind of job that a DC insider type gets & it's usually the ceiling for them. He needs a position that will prove he can run some aspect of the country or foreign relations since he'll obviously run for pres again in the future.

by Anonymousreply 7November 9, 2020 3:00 AM

R4 is of course right, but so is R5. He needs to be leading a department or organization, or have a very high profile to take a position. Press sec ain’t gonna cut it, although he’d be brilliant.

Of course, he maybe want to pursue a legislative run of some type, which is the most traditional path.

by Anonymousreply 8November 9, 2020 3:00 AM

Interior Decorator

by Anonymousreply 9November 9, 2020 3:03 AM

UN, baby. Pete and Chasten in NYC is just perfect. Chasten will get a job teaching at one of tony private schools and they will have fabulous parties and wonderful lives.

by Anonymousreply 10November 9, 2020 3:04 AM

On his hands and knees - ass to the sky...

by Anonymousreply 11November 9, 2020 3:05 AM

His communications skills and polyglottery do make me think UN as well.

by Anonymousreply 12November 9, 2020 3:06 AM

How many of the same insipid posts is the pete troll going to post?

by Anonymousreply 13November 9, 2020 3:07 AM

R10 Ambassador to the UN would be great but Biden will probably give the role to someone more seasoned in that area... the frontrunner is apparently a woman who helped lead negotiations with Iran and served in Obama's cabinet in another role

by Anonymousreply 14November 9, 2020 3:09 AM

Secretary of Everything Fabulous

by Anonymousreply 15November 9, 2020 3:09 AM

Biden looks so fatherly with him in that photo. Poor Hunter. Now he has another brother who does things better than him. (except staying alive.)

by Anonymousreply 16November 9, 2020 3:12 AM

R15 Don't you mean the Dept. of AbFab?

by Anonymousreply 17November 9, 2020 3:16 AM

Secretary of Education

by Anonymousreply 18November 9, 2020 3:20 AM

[quote]Biden will probably give the role to someone more seasoned in that area

This always get used with Pete. He's too young. He's not seasoned enough. I think Pete has proven himself ready to lead in any number of areas. The UN would be the perfect role for him. But I'm not going to get mad if he doesn't get it, but it would sure be nice.

by Anonymousreply 19November 9, 2020 3:22 AM

Secretary of the Interiors.

by Anonymousreply 20November 9, 2020 3:22 AM

Why can't he start in the spokesperson position and then move up? Pete has 2 problems:

1) People aren't familiar with him enough - this will put him in front of the media on a daily basis.

2) He doesn't have any vast government experience to be a dept head. Not that it has stopped Trump, but it still isn't a great look.

If he was white house spokesperson, he could do a TON in changing people's attitudes toward gays and elevate his profile.

by Anonymousreply 21November 9, 2020 3:41 AM

On all fours?

by Anonymousreply 22November 9, 2020 3:42 AM

R19 Oh I want Pete to get Ambassador to the UN! Just from what I've read it's way more likely he'll get the VA job because there's someone with a lot of experience in mind for the UN position.

by Anonymousreply 23November 9, 2020 3:44 AM

R21 Because it's a totally different career path. WH press secretary is a PR job. No one goes up from there to senator or president... Pete literally almost won the dem nomination. The spokesman gig is not happening, it's going to an articulate DC insider.

by Anonymousreply 24November 9, 2020 3:46 AM

He's going to want a foreign affairs role. Secretary of State, Ambassador to UN, Nato envoy etc. He needs to prove the world can respect a Moe but of course that will be a disaster. He's not masculine enough to make it not count. It's gonna take a big angry muscle bear to break that glass ceiling.

by Anonymousreply 25November 9, 2020 3:48 AM

Pete has tons of experience in foreign affairs -- he was (is still?) CIA, afterall.

by Anonymousreply 26November 9, 2020 3:49 AM

" Pete literally almost won the dem nomination"

???

Pete's great, but after a nice start, he wasn't even close.

by Anonymousreply 27November 9, 2020 3:49 AM

Hair dresser or dog walker.

by Anonymousreply 28November 9, 2020 3:56 AM

Does Chasten even have a job anymore? Or is he just eating bon bons in the kitchen?

by Anonymousreply 29November 9, 2020 4:03 AM

R29 - hell yeah - in a french maid's costume with nothing on underneath. "The meat's almost ready honey, wanna check on the cakes?"

I'm jealous.

by Anonymousreply 30November 9, 2020 4:14 AM

Chasten is teaching at Harvard.

by Anonymousreply 31November 9, 2020 4:16 AM

Ambassador of Anal Relations

by Anonymousreply 32November 9, 2020 4:26 AM

Raise his profile, then run him as a governor somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 33November 9, 2020 4:27 AM

It is so annoying when the smartest guy in the room is ignored and treated poorly because he is considered too young or unseasoned. Is it jealousy?

by Anonymousreply 34November 9, 2020 5:03 AM

On his back, knees touching his elbows

by Anonymousreply 35November 9, 2020 5:06 AM

Stop trying to make Petey the Unsuitable happen!!

by Anonymousreply 36November 9, 2020 5:07 AM

Overrated and pushed by the elites for reasons only known to them

by Anonymousreply 37November 9, 2020 5:10 AM

He really is homely

by Anonymousreply 38November 9, 2020 5:10 AM

Based on OP’s picture what position did Biden want Pete in?????

by Anonymousreply 39November 9, 2020 5:15 AM

FAS face

by Anonymousreply 40November 9, 2020 5:19 AM

He’s a fat facer

by Anonymousreply 41November 9, 2020 5:21 AM

Hope he'll be appointed to VA where he'll a meet a more masculine and better looking guy and dump Chasten. Only then he can revive his presidential ambition.

by Anonymousreply 42November 9, 2020 5:31 AM

R42 They won’t still be together by 2024. I’d bet good money on it.

by Anonymousreply 43November 9, 2020 5:33 AM

Don't some of the things done he's accomplished as mayor relate to urban development? So maybe HUD. They could concentrate on rustbelt areas of Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania.

by Anonymousreply 44November 9, 2020 5:50 AM

Pete is too anti-Black for HUD

by Anonymousreply 45November 9, 2020 5:52 AM

They are figuring out how to set him up to raise his profile, so he can run for senator or governor. He is pretty young, so he probably wants to run for office. It would be great if he could win in a state race in Indiana and FLIP IT.

by Anonymousreply 46November 9, 2020 6:24 AM

R3 get lost Ooze, you’re pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 47November 9, 2020 6:26 AM

R46, Indiana is not going to be flipped anytime soon. Trump fucked it up for the next 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 48November 9, 2020 6:51 AM

Pete and Chastity recently bought a home in Michigan, so maybe Pete can run there.

by Anonymousreply 49November 9, 2020 6:59 AM

Chasten is such a loser

by Anonymousreply 50November 9, 2020 7:01 AM

He's already on the Transition Team, so Biden is clearly going to want his advice on the regular.

by Anonymousreply 51November 9, 2020 7:01 AM

Michigan has two dem senators. One just won.

by Anonymousreply 52November 9, 2020 7:27 AM

Michigan has two dem senators. One just won.

by Anonymousreply 53November 9, 2020 7:27 AM

R34 It's jealousy and also the fact that he doesn't fit a woke narrative. Being the "smart, unseasoned young white guy" is indefensible

by Anonymousreply 54November 9, 2020 7:29 AM

UN? He does not have the right experience for that position. UN is a difficult position at any level. If he is indeed asking for that, it shows how stupid he is.

by Anonymousreply 55November 9, 2020 7:31 AM

R55 Pete Buttigieg is a Harvard graduate and Rhodes scholar who was an intelligence officer in the Navy who served overseas and he speaks several languages fluently. His experiences running for POTUS and his assured handling of the media all clearly indicate he's a superb candidate for the U.N. post....or any post in the government for that matter.

Not sure what you think is required for the U.N. gig. The current holder of the gig is a mega Trump donor who graduated from the University of Kentucky. Her major qualification is being rich. Before her, it was fucking Nikki Haley, whose major gig prior was being governor of South Carolina.

by Anonymousreply 56November 9, 2020 7:42 AM

Pete will be given a major role in the Biden Administration. It won't be Press Secretary which is a shitty gig.

He's proven his worth in the last year. He's an excellent choice for a big job. Plus, it's his only way into Washington; he has very little chance of winning any major races in a Red State shithole like Indiana.

by Anonymousreply 57November 9, 2020 7:45 AM

International policy and governance is not a jig.

by Anonymousreply 58November 9, 2020 8:37 AM

Political campaigning in the US is not the same skill set. Also, HE LOST. He was dumped as a small town mayor. He lost big in the primary. Some dems hate him. I think he has a future in midwest state politics. He lied about medicare for all to progressive and health policy experts, so I am still pissed at him.

by Anonymousreply 59November 9, 2020 8:42 AM

R14 Samantha Power?

by Anonymousreply 60November 9, 2020 8:53 AM

Wendy Sherman, You'll recognize her bc she been on TV, esp MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 61November 9, 2020 8:57 AM

secretary of state.

by Anonymousreply 62November 9, 2020 9:01 AM

I'd rather he was Indiana Governor next but I guess a detour through the White House is still a plus. It will compromise his outsider status somewhat, a point of his appeal in middle America, but oh well, better than a stick in the eye.

The end game is not just the WH but a lol it cal paradigm shift. We get that.

by Anonymousreply 63November 9, 2020 9:05 AM

Pete is the best spokesman for Biden and the Democrats. I’d like him to be Chief of Staff or Press Secretary. He can control the press like a lion tamer.

by Anonymousreply 64November 9, 2020 9:38 AM

The tendency of DL lonely hearts to slobber endlessly over randos like Pete is somewhat fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 65November 9, 2020 9:41 AM

He’s no Stacey Abrams. Realistically, he had no bearing on this election at all.

by Anonymousreply 66November 9, 2020 9:45 AM

U.S. Rough Trade Representative.

by Anonymousreply 67November 9, 2020 9:45 AM

I think it’s interesting that Pete is the only 2020 candidate who is part of the Transition Team advisory board. Joe really likes Pete, I think he reminds Joe of Beau. Pete will have a very visible role in the Biden administration. It may not be a cabinet secretary but a role like (and god forgive me for typing this) Kellyanne Conway - close advisor and confidant who is frequently on TV and news programs advocating for the Administration’s position on a number of issues.

by Anonymousreply 68November 9, 2020 9:57 AM

R68 👍

by Anonymousreply 69November 9, 2020 10:04 AM

r43 Chasten will spill EVERYTHING should Pete ever leaves her. Hell hath no fury like a sissy got dumped.

by Anonymousreply 70November 9, 2020 12:09 PM

On his back legs behind his ears please!

by Anonymousreply 71November 9, 2020 12:11 PM

R86, when Pete endorsed Joe Biden actually said that he reminded him of his son so I think Pete will be rewarded for sure.

by Anonymousreply 72November 9, 2020 12:24 PM

R72 That's sweet. Pete is the kind of guy everyone wants for their son. Or son in law.

by Anonymousreply 73November 9, 2020 12:28 PM

Op that's a lovely pic. Biden and Pete like each other you can tell. Love that little boy's expression too.

by Anonymousreply 74November 9, 2020 12:30 PM

I am happy for him to be in whatever position he wants for himself. I want him to be happy, healthy, and effective.

by Anonymousreply 75November 9, 2020 12:32 PM

If he wants US Ambassador To The UN, then that's what he should have. No one has worked harder to get PE Biden elected than Pete. Payback should be sweet!

by Anonymousreply 76November 9, 2020 12:35 PM

VA, the best

by Anonymousreply 77November 9, 2020 12:37 PM

What's CHASTEN been up to, or saying of late? I enjoy his tweets whenever anyone posts them here.

by Anonymousreply 78November 9, 2020 12:37 PM

Why can't we all just support one of own, for just this one time? Does this happen with other groups or is it just a DL thing?

by Anonymousreply 79November 9, 2020 1:17 PM

See, I thought HUD, which they also mentioned as a possibility. Does someone with pretty much no foreign policy experience just wander in the UN Ambassador role? Is that a good idea?

by Anonymousreply 80November 9, 2020 1:28 PM

Pete is the Kellyanne Conway of this administration. Too bad it’s all a fantasy since Trump will get his second term.

by Anonymousreply 81November 9, 2020 1:41 PM

I want Pete in the WH where all the decisions are made.

by Anonymousreply 82November 9, 2020 1:43 PM

Rather than focus on one department, Pete will probably accept Chief of Staff. Think Bill's Ram Emanuel, without the toxicity

by Anonymousreply 83November 9, 2020 1:56 PM

I'm guessing Chief of Staff needs two overriding qualifications: personal closeness to the President, so you can tell him when he's going off the rails. Strong connections and experience in Washington, so you understand where the real levers of power are. I don't think Pete has either of those.

(And yeah, I know none of that applies to the administration of the Asshole. Not having an administration like the Asshole is part of the goal here.)

by Anonymousreply 84November 9, 2020 2:06 PM

R84 I said, think Rahm Emanuel.

by Anonymousreply 85November 9, 2020 2:09 PM

If the DC doesn't work will Chasten pull a Meghan and rescue Pete from the swamp to pursue other "exciting opportunities" ?

by Anonymousreply 86November 9, 2020 2:16 PM

The over praising of this guy turns me off him

by Anonymousreply 87November 9, 2020 2:28 PM

He deserves whatever post he wants in that administration for so gleefully and ably taking on the Fox fools. Yes, it was easy for someone like him, but he impressed a lot of the granpy and grannys on their side with his composure and ability to cut a bitch with a velvet knife. They like that sort of thing.

by Anonymousreply 88November 9, 2020 2:36 PM

I don't care about raising his profile, or his future electoral prospects (which are dim for all Dems eyeing statewide elections in Indiana). Just considering his resume and strengths, VA is the best fit for him in terms of actually making government work better for ordinary Americans. I think he has a great deal more promise as an administrator of policy than as its designer, but he needs to let go of the little boy dreams of being the most powerful man in the world. He should take inspiration from James Baker, who exercised a lot of power without ever being elected to office. What this country desperately needs are people who are good at public service for its own sake, not just as a way to kill time until the next better opportunity arises.

by Anonymousreply 89November 9, 2020 2:39 PM

If he wants the UN, he should have UN. He is the smartest one in the room. A bunch of bitter bitches on here who are just upset that they haven't accomplished half as much as Pete and they are twice is his age.

by Anonymousreply 90November 9, 2020 2:44 PM

R79, this is common with most all repressed groups. Given that, and the influx of paid operatives, Pete will always suffer derogatory comments on datalounge...

by Anonymousreply 91November 9, 2020 2:45 PM

And Rahm Emmanuel had a long history in Washington, in the Clinton White House, and then in Congress, including running the DCCC and then the Democratic caucus. He's really not a parallel for Pete.

by Anonymousreply 92November 9, 2020 2:47 PM

But then I get this is all heart, no mind on this thread. And I like Pete too, just don't want to see him tossed into some job he's not qualified for pretty much for the hell of it.

by Anonymousreply 93November 9, 2020 2:49 PM

Biden should resign, Kamala Harris should appoint Pete as vice president, and then she should resign.

by Anonymousreply 94November 9, 2020 2:49 PM

[Quote] [R79], this is common with most all repressed groups. Given that, and the influx of paid operatives, Pete will always suffer derogatory comments on datalounge...

R91 You mean oppressed instead of repressed?

by Anonymousreply 95November 9, 2020 2:49 PM

Yes, sorry...

by Anonymousreply 96November 9, 2020 2:51 PM

He's not really qualified for State, Treasury, Defense, Commerce.

I could definitely see him at Veterans Affairs, HUD, Labor, HHS.

by Anonymousreply 97November 9, 2020 2:56 PM

R92 Rahm had no experience in DC when Bill made him his Chief of staff. That's the point. He was young, smart, and aggressive.

by Anonymousreply 98November 9, 2020 3:04 PM

He wasn't Bill Clinton's chief of staff. He was an advisor in the Clinton White House, which did give him some experience. He was Obama's Chief of Staff, years later.

by Anonymousreply 99November 9, 2020 3:26 PM

So here is an idea: HUD is huge department, with real policy potential. It's the natural secretary position for a black person, with extensive government experience. But Biden is going to have lots of people of color in his Cabinet. There would even be some benefit with not putting a black appointee into the "usual" position - black people could and should be Secretary of State, Attorney General etc. Pete was mayor (remember the U in HUD is Urban), with hands on experience with urban renewal, housing etc.. Again, a lot of successful policy work in HUD could give him a kind credibility and track record he lacks now.

HEW could similarly achieve this, but given his experience as a city mayor, HUD is better fit.

by Anonymousreply 100November 9, 2020 3:36 PM

[quote] White House spokesperson

Symone Sanders will cut that white boy if comes any where near her job.

by Anonymousreply 101November 9, 2020 3:43 PM

I'd like to see him as Chief of Staff. He'd be perfect. He is capable of doing whatever he wants and should get the opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 102November 9, 2020 3:46 PM

Symone will probably be director of communications and Karine Jean-Pierre is being discussed as Press Sec'y.

by Anonymousreply 103November 9, 2020 3:46 PM

Pete Buttigieg for DNC chair, he ran for that job once.

The President usually appoints the head of their party, considering the Democrats lost seats in the house maybe Tom Perez should be replaced or he could be given a cabinet position again. Pete could take over as the DNC chair, they normally get lots of TV time and Pete wanted that job at one time and lost out to Perez.

by Anonymousreply 104November 9, 2020 3:49 PM

DNC Chair should got to Stacey.

by Anonymousreply 105November 9, 2020 3:50 PM

I think Stacey might want to stay in Georgia and run for Governor again, she has laid the ground work in Georgia she might want to benefit from all that work she has done.

by Anonymousreply 106November 9, 2020 3:52 PM

R105 R106 Right, I think Adams' career ladder is through the Governorship. Imagine, if she can get these two Senate seats, win the Governor's office, do a good job there, then, depending on what the circumstances are w/Biden, Harris etc. she'd be a front runner for President in 2024, 2028. If Biden determines not to run in 2024, Harris goes another way, for whatever reasons, and Trump runs again in 2024, wouldn't Abrams v Trump be fun? And his losing to a black woman.... sigh.

by Anonymousreply 107November 9, 2020 10:23 PM

PEREZ doesn't need another cabinet post. Exactly what did he achieve at the DNC? Democrats lost House seats in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 108November 9, 2020 11:49 PM

Pete Buttigieg is a rear-entry for Biden's Cock.

by Anonymousreply 109November 10, 2020 2:50 AM

R100, are you posting from 1975? HEW doesn’t exist anymore.

by Anonymousreply 110November 10, 2020 2:58 AM

[quote] Democrats lost House seats in 2020.

How many seats have they lost?

by Anonymousreply 111November 10, 2020 3:01 AM

pete smarter than em all....let us pray he get good office and someday be pres !!!

by Anonymousreply 112November 10, 2020 6:16 AM

He will have to manage these blue-collar workers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113November 10, 2020 9:31 AM

Pete as DNC chair would be great. He’d know how to set the tone and imaging of the Party.

by Anonymousreply 114November 10, 2020 9:51 AM

“He wants to build out his foreign policy credentials and land a spot that keeps him in the news but out of domestic political fights,” said one person familiar with Buttigieg’s thinking. “The UN does that, and gives him the option to build out his political possibilities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115November 11, 2020 7:16 PM

Special Assistant to the President

by Anonymousreply 116November 11, 2020 7:19 PM

The guy from SC who lost to Lindsey wants to be DNC chair.

by Anonymousreply 117November 11, 2020 7:21 PM

The DNC chair is a thankless job in a pit more vipery than DL.

by Anonymousreply 118November 11, 2020 7:25 PM

From small town mayor, to UN Ambassador in under a decade..

by Anonymousreply 119November 11, 2020 7:33 PM

No matter how much tptb and the media keep pushing Pete, the general public at large does not like him. He has yet to prove himself to anyone, and POC, particularly black women have called him out for his lack of interest in helping minority communities. Name one POC, man or woman, who has seen a meteoric rise in the ranks like Pete without having done a thing?

Stacey Abrams deserves a cabinet position before Pete should even be considered.

by Anonymousreply 120November 11, 2020 7:48 PM

Barack Obama certainly had a faster rise than Pete. He also got criticized by bitters like r120.

by Anonymousreply 121November 11, 2020 7:56 PM

Secretary of the bottom

by Anonymousreply 122November 11, 2020 8:03 PM

Umm, r121 Obama was a Senator. Nice try, Chasten, but Pete is underqualified.

by Anonymousreply 123November 11, 2020 8:05 PM

Interior. Mine.

by Anonymousreply 124November 11, 2020 8:08 PM

R119 Pete's rise is in a year. He's a phenomenon and we should all be very proud of him. Except for the jelly types trying to diminish him. They are excused for their character flaw. Ignore.

by Anonymousreply 125November 11, 2020 8:11 PM

[quote]a spot that keeps him in the news but out of domestic political fights,

I'm sure that reasoning strikes all the McKinsey alums as sound, but to me, it sounds like he's not interested in providing leadership on anything that actually matters to the American people. Hey, Pete, some people have noticed you're a pretty good messenger/hatchet man, how about we put you there where you can best contribute to advancing the cause? Pete responds: I'm afraid you've misunderstood; the cause is me. The cause will always be me.

by Anonymousreply 126November 11, 2020 8:25 PM

NSA chief.

by Anonymousreply 127November 11, 2020 9:17 PM

He will get ambassador to the UN or sec of HUD

by Anonymousreply 128November 11, 2020 9:31 PM

Ridiculous how r120 feels he/she can speak for the public at large...

by Anonymousreply 129November 11, 2020 11:15 PM

R129 speaking for others is an issue that is present in all levels of society unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 130November 12, 2020 7:41 PM

Obama was a teacher and community organizer who became a state senator in Illinois for 8 years (thus totally unknown outside Illinois) then a mostly unknown US senator for 4 years (really only known as the black senator with the crazy name) when he became president at age 47.

Pete Buttigieg was an unknown mayor of a medium sized city in Indiana for 8 years while also serving in the Naval Reserve overseas in Afghanistan and decided to explore a presidential run at age 36 that eventually grew into an announced campaign which gave him national/international exposure over the last 2 years thus also giving him a huge amount of experience in becoming a nationally known political figure.

Both men are highly intelligent (both went to Harvard/Obama also went to Columbia and Pete was a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford). Both are ceiling breakers. Both are highly ambitious, charismatic and terrific public speakers. They have a lot in common. It's dumb to poo poo Pete who, whether you like it or not, is charting a similar course to Obama from a "nobody" to a major political figure in a rapid amount of time and at an even younger age.

by Anonymousreply 131November 12, 2020 8:07 PM

Add to r131 Pete is showing a mastery of the media. What's fascinating is also the EQ that Chasten brings in. They are a political powerhouse couple in the making like JFK and Jackie.

by Anonymousreply 132November 12, 2020 8:37 PM

Uh, I'm R131 and while I think Pete is an up and comer, to suggest that Chasten is some sort of Jackie Kennedy is a tad....

Nutty.

by Anonymousreply 133November 13, 2020 4:08 AM

Pete was not merely a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford, he left with First Class Honours. That means he's one of the smartest people of his generation, and that is one reason for his meteoric rise past a lot of other people, whether POC or white.

His capacities for thinking on his feet and looking pleasant while eviscerating his opponents are very handy qualities for the Biden Administration to have, since Joe has neither and the other side is stupid.

by Anonymousreply 134November 13, 2020 4:24 AM

R133 heehee. I was kinda y'all. Kinda.

by Anonymousreply 135November 13, 2020 4:28 AM

Craving bottom.

by Anonymousreply 136November 13, 2020 4:36 AM

So if Hillary is appointed for the UN, as is the latest word, and the chief of staff is assigned, what will Pete's position be in the cabinet. I say senior adviser.

by Anonymousreply 137November 13, 2020 4:39 AM

R137 Hillary Clinton for the UN -- where did you see that? Link?

by Anonymousreply 138November 13, 2020 4:44 AM

It was seen nowhere. Hillary is a nice lady, but she will have no role in a Biden administration.

by Anonymousreply 139November 13, 2020 4:48 AM

Here.

HOMENEW: SHOP TO SUPPORT INDEPENDENT JOURNALISMWE HAVE ISSUES2020 ELECTIONTRUMPU.S. NEWSVIDEOAD-FREE LOGIN CONNECT WITH US SEARCH Joe Biden considering Hillary Clinton for ambassador to the United Nations: report Published 2 hours ago on November 12, 2020By Bob Brigham

President-elect Joe Biden is continuing to prepare to assume office on January 20th despite Donald Trump’s refusal to concede after losing the 2020 election.

“The president-elect on Thursday also traveled to Rehoboth Beach, Del., where he has a vacation home and where he is expected to stay through part of the weekend. Biden, who on Wednesday named Washington veteran Ronald A. Klain as his incoming White House chief of staff, is not expected to formally announce other administration personnel this week,” The Washington Post reported Thurday evening. “But behind-the-scenes conversations between Capitol Hill and the transition team continued to occur, and Biden’s team has also tapped a coterie of senior House and Senate Democratic officials to serve as liaisons to Hill offices until Biden officially assumes the presidency, according to congressional aides.”

ADVERTISEMENT

“One intriguing name being discussed privately is former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton as the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, according to the person familiar with the chatter who spoke on the condition of anonymity. The thinking behind the move was that it would be a way for Biden to highlight the importance of that position in his administration, and that placing her there would raise the prestige of the U.N. itself at a time when global cooperation, and the U.S. role on the world stage, has ebbed,” the newspaper [wapo] reported.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140November 13, 2020 4:54 AM

Better Hils than Hunchback Sanders in the Biden administration.

by Anonymousreply 141November 13, 2020 4:56 AM

UN ambassador is a demotion from State. Is this Cabinet fan fiction or something?

by Anonymousreply 142November 13, 2020 5:03 AM

It's from WaPo.

by Anonymousreply 143November 13, 2020 5:17 AM

Hillary is up for Head Crone.

by Anonymousreply 144November 13, 2020 5:28 AM

R142 I agree with that's it's a demotion, but the article cited by R140 does make an interesting case. By putting someone of her level there, it is to show the world the importance being placed on a primary institution of globalism.

Furthermore, I wonder if this would be seen as step for her to run for UN Secretary-General when the current 5-year term ends in 2022. If she would run for that, she would be the first woman UN Secretary-General.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145November 13, 2020 5:32 AM

R145 Hillary is toxic in this current political climate. It would be a bad idea.

by Anonymousreply 146November 13, 2020 5:36 AM

Only internally, though, R145. The rest of the world doesn't hate her.

Of course, the ideal UN Ambassador would be Obama, and that wife even the Queen loves.

by Anonymousreply 147November 13, 2020 5:40 AM

R146 So you are suggesting that we should be highly focused on what the other side of the aisle will say -- just as Trump, McConnell and others constantly do?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148November 13, 2020 5:45 AM

Hillary is not becoming Ambassador to UN. In response to someone tweeting the speculation Susan Rice tweeted: "This is ridiculous and an insult to @HillaryClinton. Stop please"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149November 13, 2020 6:28 AM

[quote] Hillary is a nice lady

R139 expect to receive the following tweet from Susan Rice: “This is ridiculous and an insult to @HillaryClinton. Stop please"

by Anonymousreply 150November 13, 2020 6:58 AM

Now, with the announcement that longtime aide Denis McDonough had been nominated to lead the Department of Veterans Affairs—a role seen by many movement leaders as a cabinet position of last resort for former South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg—pressure from advocacy groups and key supporters is increasing for Biden to live up to his campaign promise to nominate an openly LGBTQ cabinet member

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151December 11, 2020 9:39 AM

Missionary bareback and with lots of dirty verbal.

by Anonymousreply 152December 11, 2020 10:02 AM

...in my ass...deep in it...

by Anonymousreply 153December 11, 2020 10:26 AM

Is Pete still in line to get the Ambassadorship to China?

by Anonymousreply 154December 11, 2020 10:41 AM

On all fours begging for my cock in his tight ass.

by Anonymousreply 155December 11, 2020 11:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!