Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BBC Collusion and Coverup on How Bashir Got Diana to do that Panorama Interview

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 14, 2020 12:44 PM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

by Anonymousreply 1November 8, 2020 12:45 PM

Who gives a fuck? Unlike the rest of the press and the rest of the Royal Family, he gave her more of a platform to do the good and worthwhile charitable work that she is remembered for.

by Anonymousreply 2November 8, 2020 12:49 PM

So, you don't think there's an important story here about one of the world's most prestigious news outlets preying on a vulnerable woman with falsified documents so they can get a great scoop?

The interview turned the course of her life around in a way she didn't want. The BBC covered up the evidence even though a whistleblower tried to get it out at the time.

Nothing to see here about major press malfeasance? Just because the target was Diana?

Shame on you.

by Anonymousreply 3November 8, 2020 12:52 PM

Shame on me? Meh. No, in all honesty, I don't care at all. As a public figure after that interview, she was able to be a princess who used her common touch for good rather than remain shackled to not even the Royal Family but the cringing, crawling Grima Wormtongues that make up the courtiers.

Not clutching my pearls at corruption of the BBC. The BBC is a solid and thorough news service and their radio output is especially good, but is as corrupt an organisation as any. They sheltered rapists and murders and paedophiles in their ranks and frequently pull stories that may offend politicians, the Royals or the aristocracy. The lie, lie, lie, hide and lie some more, but it's no big surprise from any large organisation.

by Anonymousreply 4November 8, 2020 1:00 PM

No one cares, R3. She was herself a deeply manipulative woman. Piss off.

by Anonymousreply 5November 8, 2020 1:03 PM

She conducted affairs with married men, causing the wives of those married men a lot of anguish. Fuck her and you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 6November 8, 2020 1:04 PM

It appears now that, as could have been predicted, large lawsuits are in the offing, including by the graphic artist who did the fake bank statements but who was never called or interviewed by the BBC in its initial "investigation" - ditto the whistleblower who tried to get the scandal out there 25 years ago, and possibly members of Diana's family.

by Anonymousreply 7November 9, 2020 1:09 PM

I find it very strange that Spencer has released this when he knows that Bashir is too sick to be able to respond to it and possibly debunk his claims. He has only had 24 years to do it. Why now?

by Anonymousreply 8November 9, 2020 1:22 PM

Typical British gutter press.

We used to look down our noses at it, and rightfully so, until Murdoch brought it here with the NY Post and Fox News.

by Anonymousreply 9November 9, 2020 1:35 PM

This is a huge story, I'm surprised that it was dismissed on DL because she had affairs and that's immoral. Are we nothing but frau trolls nowadays?

by Anonymousreply 10November 10, 2020 6:17 AM

Bashir is apparently not sick, R9.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 10, 2020 6:18 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 10, 2020 12:18 PM

Is there a more English name than Tiggy Legge-Bourke?

by Anonymousreply 13November 10, 2020 2:52 PM

Does he have a white Fiat Uno?

by Anonymousreply 14November 10, 2020 3:16 PM

Maybe both things are true: Bashir acted dishonestly & deceptively, but Diana was on a search & destroy mission (not unlike how her son retaliated at his brother and his wife for real/perceived wrongs, while blowing up his own reputation and public goodwill in the process) and failed to realize the full ramifications of her actions. And yes, the timing on this is very odd...

by Anonymousreply 15November 10, 2020 3:23 PM

The BBC was and still is rancid. They knowingly covered up and enabled that pedo freak cunt Jimmy Saville for fucking years. Now they shill for Boris J while bilking the tax payers for millions. They all need to die in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 16November 10, 2020 3:24 PM

I live in London and never paid for a TV licence. Not giving the BBC my £158 yearly

by Anonymousreply 17November 10, 2020 3:27 PM

Does anyone really care 25 years later?

by Anonymousreply 18November 10, 2020 3:28 PM

I bet he sniffed the chair after Diana left.

by Anonymousreply 19November 10, 2020 3:35 PM

Took 19 posts to get the story/link .D L has gone to shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 10, 2020 5:40 PM

New episodes of THE CROWN begin here next week and will bring new attention to Diana and the case, wait and see.

by Anonymousreply 21November 10, 2020 5:44 PM

The BBC may be "relatively uncorrupt for a news organization", but anybody who has spent time around the media knows that "relatively uncorrupt" still means "pretty damn corrupt".

by Anonymousreply 22November 10, 2020 5:47 PM

The BBC have banned “virtue signalling” (yes, they use the actual words “virtue signalling”) and won’t let their day reporters attend Pride.

However, poppy wearing is still mandatory and Christmas is not cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 23November 10, 2020 5:51 PM

I really love Diana, not because she was a saint. She was a mess. But a fun mess who seemed truly empathetic to people in crisis. And she stood up for herself against a very powerful institution.

She was also incredibly self destructive, which led to the Morton book, this interview, and a lot of terrible choices in men.

Who among us hasn’t behaved completely stupidly when rejected? And who among us wasn't a complete drama queen in our live lives in our 20s and 30s?

She was human, a bit nuts, and pretty brave. She probably would have selected a terrible 2nd husband before finally chucking him and having a good life.

by Anonymousreply 24November 10, 2020 6:03 PM

I love her too R24. She seemed like a genuinely good person who got caught up in something bigger than herself. They certainly underestimated her though.

by Anonymousreply 25November 10, 2020 6:08 PM

R18, maybe a California couple on a rampage against the media and the BRF?

by Anonymousreply 26November 10, 2020 6:13 PM

Even if she was already thinking of a way to go to the media about her marriage, it's still unethical for Bashir and the BBC to fake documentation to engender trust and secure an interview.

by Anonymousreply 27November 10, 2020 6:13 PM

R13 - Marigold Churchill?

by Anonymousreply 28November 10, 2020 8:21 PM

R20 - Pardon? OP here: the link of the earlier story is posted up top in the first post.

by Anonymousreply 29November 10, 2020 8:22 PM

R13 -Vita Sackville-West?

by Anonymousreply 30November 12, 2020 1:18 PM

[quote] The BBC have banned “virtue signalling” (yes, they use the actual words “virtue signalling”) and won’t let their day reporters attend Pride.

As they should. Pride parades are political full of antisemitism, anti-political candidates, defund the police, etc. The BBC doesn’t want to show bias.

by Anonymousreply 31November 12, 2020 1:32 PM

Diana knew the royals owned her children, had the media in their back pocket and could destroy her. She was chosen by Charles and Camilla to carry on their affair. She also had the weight of the entire country on her. She didn’t want to be shunned for not making her fairytale marriage work. She was shrewd and in many ways totally justified in what she did. It was survival.

by Anonymousreply 32November 12, 2020 1:34 PM

I think it is an honest, moving interview.

by Anonymousreply 33November 12, 2020 1:38 PM

Poor defenseless Princess. Fuck off. She knowingly sold herself to a rich old man to be used for breeding purposes.

by Anonymousreply 34November 12, 2020 2:22 PM

R34 - Charles was 32 when they got married. How does that rise to the threshold of "old"?

Diana was no saint, it is true, but she was emotionally labile with severe problems and desperate to save a marriage that had been going south for nearly a decade.

Bashir playing on to land a big news scoop including with forged documents and suggestions so ludicrous as to be staggering (Charles gave William a Swatch watch with a recording device in it so he could spy on his mother for his father?) was despicable no matter who his target was.

It isn't provable but it's plausible that his luring Diana into that interview played a role in her early death. No matter how distasteful I found her antics or how bad her judgement, she was still the mother of two youngish children.

by Anonymousreply 35November 12, 2020 3:59 PM

I'm sure the loony Michael Jackson fans are chomping at the bit since they loathe Bashir.

by Anonymousreply 36November 12, 2020 4:09 PM

Let's face it Bashir is slimey. Always has been.

by Anonymousreply 37November 12, 2020 5:09 PM

She's dead, so forget about her. NOT MANY PEOPLE HAVE ASKED IF I'M OKAY.

by Anonymousreply 38November 12, 2020 9:20 PM

Today's DM quotes Bashir as saying he'll "probably retire" from the BBC after he survives COVID.

After he launched a major career and got rich off exploiting a sick woman's fantasies about persecution with lies and fake documents.

He should face more consequence than a late disgrace close to retirement and a very comfy life on his ill-gotten gains.

So should the BBC, always touting its responsibility to the public which pays a hefty annual fee to access it, as well as its status as one of the most "trusted" media outlets in the world.

by Anonymousreply 39November 13, 2020 12:36 PM

Podcast "You are wrong about" did 5-part series about her, and it's really good. She was Hot Mess Express, but she also was genuinely kind and caring person. Her charity came from her heart, not from PR meeting. And i will always respect her for bringing AIDS awareness on the highest level.

by Anonymousreply 40November 13, 2020 12:55 PM

BBC claims today that it has "uncovered" a handwritten letter from Diana "exonerating" Bashir in the initial investigation . . . that somehow went missing but voila! has turned up as the scandal breaks, but somehow that forger who did the faked bank statements for Bashir hasn't been contradicted.

What a fucking nutjob Diana was. I know there's a really good movie in this about why the older brother made it his business to avoid marrying a woman like his mother, and the younger brother made it his business to marry a woman Just Like Mum.

by Anonymousreply 41November 14, 2020 12:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!