Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

25 Words Or Less

Didn't like the first show but I went back during this home time and have fallen in love with it. First season with full interaction was better but they have managed to get season 2 on the air. And no I have zero affiliation with it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 12, 2021 1:39 AM

Almost every male contestant is a gay.

by Anonymousreply 1November 5, 2020 3:47 PM

I like it too, OP. Meredith Vieira is an excellent host - very pleasant manner, seems genuinely interested in the contestants, a real professional. The game is fun and challenging.

It's a bit surprising when the runner-up only gets a gift certificate for $200 worth of pizzas over the next year, or a coffee pot or something, but I guess the budget for the show must be low.

by Anonymousreply 2November 5, 2020 3:48 PM

This season the guests re in LA in what they call individual pods and Meredith is in NY in her basement.

by Anonymousreply 3November 5, 2020 7:24 PM

Where she belongs r3.

by Anonymousreply 4November 5, 2020 7:27 PM

Mary McCormack and Melissa Peterson are fierce players.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 5, 2020 7:28 PM

People you need to be watching this show.

by Anonymousreply 6November 28, 2020 9:31 AM

Some of these people need to watch old episodes of "Password" to learn some tricks. For example, you don't need to say "opposite up" for the word down. If you extend the word "Up" with some flair, that is a clue to your partner that it's the opposite word. You then only use one word.

And Greg Grunberg is a frequent celebrity guest and such a cute bear.

by Anonymousreply 7November 28, 2020 9:47 AM

Meredith Vieira seems like someone who eats the souls of innocent children for breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 8November 28, 2020 10:18 AM

I hadn't heard of this, but I just watched bits of an episode with Daphne Zuniga, and she looks FANTASTIC! And I happen to like Vieira as a host.

I'll be looking through a bunch of these over the weekend.

by Anonymousreply 9November 28, 2020 10:20 AM

Many of the contestants are homosexuals.

by Anonymousreply 10November 28, 2020 10:41 AM

So glad they're still filing but everyone is separated. Meredith is actually in her basement in NY and the celebs are in individual "pods". But the first year was great when they could jump up and down and celebrate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 29, 2020 1:54 PM

Lisa Kudrow, Dan Bucatinsky, Mary McCormack are all producers on the show. Lisa brought on Courtney Cox and had a "Romy & Michele" reunion with Mira Sorvino.

by Anonymousreply 12November 29, 2020 1:57 PM

I hate game shows.

by Anonymousreply 13November 29, 2020 2:55 PM

I like Meredith, too. And the home version will be lots of fun!

by Anonymousreply 14November 29, 2020 9:32 PM

Thanks for the recommendation, OP. Not sure how I'd missed this, given that Lisa Kudrow & Mary McCormack are all over it. (Adore both of them)

I've noticed that a bunch of celebs who appeared on CELEBRITY NAME GAME multiple times, have also appeared on 25 OR LESS multiple times. Melissa Peterman, Ross Mathews, Margaret Cho, Kate Flannery, Teri Polo, Willie Garson, Rick Fox, Jamie-Lyn Siegler, Raven Symone, etc. It's easy to joke that it's the same C & D listers chasing paychecks (see: Teri Polo) but there does seem to a group of minor-celebs who TRULY to enjoy these word-association games and are GOOD at them. They would have been the "regulars" on Pyramid, Password & Match Game, back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 15November 30, 2020 6:12 AM

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 16November 30, 2020 6:19 AM

Daphne Zuniga does look great, R9. Most importantly.....she still looks like DAPHNE ZUNIGA. A little Botox, maybe (?)....but she hasn't fucked with her teeth or plumped her lips, like so many do. The smile is the same.

by Anonymousreply 17November 30, 2020 6:39 AM

They need to increase the prize money, and the bonus round is too hard.

by Anonymousreply 18November 30, 2020 7:48 AM

The consolation gift (for the losers) is awful. A Cuisinart coffee maker??? I speak from personal experience....that thing is only going to last 3-4 years. A year's worth of Rice-a-Roni, the San Francisco treat, would be a better value.

by Anonymousreply 19November 30, 2020 8:47 AM

They need more homos on this show!!!!

by Anonymousreply 20November 30, 2020 12:05 PM

Ross Mathews, Jane Lynch on the same episode enough for ya?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 30, 2020 1:57 PM

Love the trash talk, you never see that on games shows. One episode a team blew it big time and Jane Lynch yells to them..."THAT was a catastrophe!", her delivery was laugh out loud funny.

by Anonymousreply 22November 30, 2020 2:04 PM

Shouldn't it be "25 Words or FEWER?"

by Anonymousreply 23November 30, 2020 3:12 PM

Meredith's basement is bigger than my whole house.

by Anonymousreply 24November 30, 2020 4:25 PM

I’m an old maid frau who wants Meredith to get Matt Lauer on her show.

by Anonymousreply 25November 30, 2020 4:37 PM

I'd watch that!

by Anonymousreply 26December 1, 2020 2:14 AM

I don't quite understand the rules in terms of which forms of words are acceptable, and which are not. (and maybe the crew doesn't either). For example, on an episode I watched tonight, the word was Annoy. The celeb gave a clue, and the contestant on her team responded, "Annoying", which was accepted instantly -- *ding* -- and it went onto the next word.

But then, just two minutes later, in the next round (other team)....

The last word was Select. The contestant gave a clue, and Constance Zimmer guessed, "Selection". The contestant started celebrating a little bit, thinking they'd got it. Gave a little "Yes!"/fist-pump and turned to put the tablet on the podium, when she realized there had NOT been a *ding* -- and the clock was still running. She whipped back around & Zimmer got "select" before the clock expired, but still.

Why was annoying accepted for annoy, but selection not accepted for select? Would selectING have been accepted? Would annoyANCE have been rejected?

by Anonymousreply 27December 2, 2020 8:57 AM

Oh no, Wendy Malik was on today, she got an eye job and I didn't even recognize her. Can't find any pix yet. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 28January 12, 2021 12:53 AM

I love this show and I'm a big fan of Meridith. It's really funny when contestants either misread the word or dont know it. I really love when the celebrities seem just as vested.

by Anonymousreply 29January 12, 2021 1:03 AM

I really like this show. It airs twice in my area and I always record it just in case I miss it. Either Tubi or Pluto has both S.1 & S.2 available if you want to binge it.

by Anonymousreply 30January 12, 2021 1:24 AM

It's a fun game, but would be better if they had to guess seven things in 25 words or less.

Five clues per word is too much.

by Anonymousreply 31January 12, 2021 1:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!