Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why is it so hard to find sleek & modern sofas that are comfortable?

I feel newer designs look good but are always uncomfortable and too short/small.

It makes no sense to me. Where are the pretty designs that are still sturdy and comfortable? Why do they all have to be so low to the ground and have thin legs? It’s annoying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 1, 2020 12:08 AM

I agree. If you want a comfortable and good looking sofa, it needs to be custom made. One of my sofas is over 20 years old. I had it made at furniture store in St. Charles, IL. Reupholstered it twice for a fortune and will not give it up. Great bones!

by Anonymousreply 1October 31, 2020 11:39 PM

This is why I went with a futon, a nice wooden futon with matching end tables, coffee table and a chair.

The futon mattress is queen size so it comes all the way up just past my shoulders. It sits high off the floor so, as an added bonus, it is a breeze to run the vacuum underneath.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 1, 2020 12:02 AM

That’s also why some people buy daybeds and make them into sofas

I actually considered doing this, but getting rid of the lower mattress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 1, 2020 12:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!