Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Stevie Nicks- In Her Own Words

She did an interview with CBS the other day. She looks incredible for 72 years old! And she’s right, this pandemic is stealing time away from everyone. It’s annoying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243November 21, 2020 1:09 AM

God what regurgitated crap those morning shows are.

by Anonymousreply 1October 31, 2020 12:26 PM

Love her lowkey shade to Lindsey. Lmao.

by Anonymousreply 2October 31, 2020 12:31 PM

One of her “Great Loves” was fugly Joe Walsh.

by Anonymousreply 3October 31, 2020 12:33 PM

She’s awesome.

Lindsey is good for nothing

by Anonymousreply 4October 31, 2020 10:32 PM

Stevie was the least talented member of Fleetwood Mac. Lindsey was about 75% of their albums. Stay salty Fraus and lesbos.

by Anonymousreply 5November 1, 2020 11:24 PM

Stevie was a trashy little pop star whose biggest talent was lying on her back while powerful men fucked her. Her charisma is undeniable but she was useless in the studio. She needed reeeeeeal musicians to turn her crap poetry into hits. Kate Bush is 1000 times the artist Stevie could ever hope to be.

by Anonymousreply 6November 1, 2020 11:32 PM

R5 that’s not true though. Lmao. You’re obsessed

by Anonymousreply 7November 1, 2020 11:33 PM

She's clueless. People have lost their jobs, lost family members to coronavirus, and she's bitching about how she can't tour at 72 years old. She's had a full life, has multiple houses in which to hunker down. No empathy.

by Anonymousreply 8November 1, 2020 11:35 PM

R8 she’s also worth millions.

by Anonymousreply 9November 1, 2020 11:40 PM

R8 My coworker's father died from coronavirus. He was 66. My brother had a coworker who died at only 34. My company has laid off 30% of staff and I've taken a 20% cut in pay. Yet Stevie Nicks can't make millions from twirling on stage anymore. Boo hoo.

by Anonymousreply 10November 1, 2020 11:45 PM

I don't know much about her, but how many houses do she have? And what kind of $$$ does she have in the bank?

by Anonymousreply 11November 1, 2020 11:50 PM

She looks retarded.

by Anonymousreply 12November 1, 2020 11:58 PM

R11 All members of Fleetwood Mac could dine on Rumours alone. Even Mick with all his money problems is supposedly worth 15 million. She and Lindsey are the wealthiest. Both of them are probably worth upwards of 70-80 million.

by Anonymousreply 13November 2, 2020 12:04 AM

She's kinda pretty. I'm just starting to really pay attention to her.

by Anonymousreply 14November 2, 2020 12:05 AM

You can be rich and retarded, like Der Fuhrer.

by Anonymousreply 15November 2, 2020 12:07 AM

She’s worth much more than Lindsey. Lmaoooo. Much.

by Anonymousreply 16November 2, 2020 12:20 AM

R16 She didn't produce. Lindsey got paid a shit load for Tango in the Night. Stevie got screwed by her record company. She also spends tons of money. Jimmy Iovine is probably worth more than the both of them combined. Producers and executives get paid first. Performers get paid later.

by Anonymousreply 17November 2, 2020 12:45 AM

She did produce some songs.

by Anonymousreply 18November 2, 2020 12:47 AM

She seems lonely to me.

by Anonymousreply 19November 2, 2020 12:53 AM

I like her old work a lot and she looks good. But she's not bright, never matured much and she sold out long ago. She'll appear in a black dress anywhere with anyone who will bring some attention to her old songs. Her time has really passed. Another black dress - another performance of Landslide. Now with Sheryl Crow, The Chicks, Adam Levine, Harry Styles or Miley. Next will be Lizzo. Stevie is a vampire.

by Anonymousreply 20November 2, 2020 12:54 AM

R18. Dreams would not exist without Lindsey's clever arrangement for such a simple song Also props to Ken Caillat for coming up with the 8 bar drum and bass loop. It's essentially the backbone of the song and it's what makes it so hypnotic. Stevie got a lot of help in the studio.: "Christine McVie described the song as having "just three chords and one note in the left hand" and "boring" when Nicks played a rough version on the piano. McVie changed her mind after Buckingham "fashioned three sections out of identical chords, making each section sound completely different. He created the impression that there's a thread running through the whole thing.""

by Anonymousreply 21November 2, 2020 1:02 AM

Here Stevie wishes y'all a happy Halloween. Don't forget to book her on Cameo! She's witchy and spooky. Ooooh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 2, 2020 1:14 AM

She said she is happy because she has everything she wanted in her big beautiful house but doesn't want to stay there because she feels old..

by Anonymousreply 23November 2, 2020 1:17 AM

She wants to perform. The answer seems so simple. Turn on your webcam, and point it at your piano, Stevie. I'll watch.

by Anonymousreply 24November 2, 2020 1:21 AM

She seems really full of herself

by Anonymousreply 25November 2, 2020 1:39 AM

R21 no

by Anonymousreply 26November 2, 2020 1:42 AM

R26 has the IQ of a an ant, same as Stevie.

by Anonymousreply 27November 2, 2020 1:50 AM

R13 - both she and Lindsey come from Atherton, CA. It was and still is one of the most expensive areas to live in the nation. They met at Menlo-Atherton high school.

They have more money now obviously, but they didn't come from nothing - or even middle-class homes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 2, 2020 1:51 AM

R28 yeah, Atherton CA was one of the ritziest areas of the country even in the 50s.

by Anonymousreply 29November 2, 2020 8:10 AM

Stevie comes from $$$

by Anonymousreply 30November 2, 2020 2:59 PM

R30 Christine went to school with Eric Clapton. Mick Fleetwood attended posh boarding schools and his sister was a stage actress. Fleetwood Mac = middle class band.

by Anonymousreply 31November 2, 2020 4:34 PM

I want to hear more from Christine McVie. She's so poised and interesting, unlike this airhead.

by Anonymousreply 32November 2, 2020 5:35 PM

She probably should have had children. She wouldn’t be so lonely in old age.

by Anonymousreply 33November 2, 2020 5:43 PM

R33 The world doesn't need any more fucked up celebrity kids. Imagine how awful and screwed up any progeny of Stevie Nicks would be. No thank you. I hear Robert Plant's son is a heroin addict who fucks trannies in Thailand. So many rock stars have useless layabout kids.

by Anonymousreply 34November 2, 2020 5:56 PM

Why does she always wear black?

by Anonymousreply 35November 2, 2020 6:06 PM

Still has the same hairdon't she had when Carter was President.

by Anonymousreply 36November 2, 2020 6:07 PM

R35. It's part of the "brand" she has crafted over the lass 45 years. She's more brand than talent nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 37November 2, 2020 6:09 PM

[quote] Why does she always wear black?

Does she? She used to wear lighter colors. I'm guessing she wears black because it's slimming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 2, 2020 6:11 PM

I love her music but she is so self centered.

by Anonymousreply 39November 2, 2020 6:13 PM

She stays up all night and wakes up at 3 in the afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 40November 2, 2020 6:21 PM

She did too much cocaine years ago and fried her brain.

by Anonymousreply 41November 2, 2020 6:27 PM

Loved her songs when I was in my twenties. So I forgive her for being lousy at being old.

by Anonymousreply 42November 2, 2020 7:42 PM

It would suck if Stevie sat around all day watching game shows and soap operas. Instead, she keeps doing what she does best: create and play music and, when she can, perform music. Being a musician isn't like working in an office or a retail store; when you're an artist, you never really retire.

She's not lonely; she has a brother, sister-in-law, and niece, and she's extremely close to them all.

She'll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 43November 2, 2020 8:07 PM

Not to mention the coven. She has the coven. Dumbasses. And all those cats and night birds.

by Anonymousreply 44November 2, 2020 8:11 PM

So how many people are in Stevie's girl posse? Harry Styles said that they would not leave his house until the wee hours of the morning.

by Anonymousreply 45November 2, 2020 8:36 PM

I think she regrets it sometimes ...here she wanted 15 children and grandchildren..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 2, 2020 8:42 PM

"What's it like to be a rock-'n'-roll sex symbol? I don't know. Ask Stevie Nicks." -Christine McVie. I love Christine's English snark.

by Anonymousreply 47November 2, 2020 8:52 PM

I love Christine. I agree that she's underrated. Before Fleetwood Mac, she was in another coed band called Chicken Shack. She was respected by the bluesmen she played alongside. She can write and play blues, pop, and slow jams.

by Anonymousreply 48November 2, 2020 8:56 PM

They all know who the superstar of the group was, and all accepted it, all but one that is.

He was and is still envious of her solo success.

by Anonymousreply 49November 2, 2020 8:59 PM

She looks great in red.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50November 2, 2020 8:59 PM

She was the entire foundation for AHS Coven.

That is still the shows highest rated season as a whole, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 2, 2020 9:01 PM

R49 Maybe envious of the success because he felt she didn't deserve it. Her solo output was easily digestible pop. Christine throws BIG shade in Stevie in interviews from the 80s. She said Stevie was obnoxious to be around and believed her own hype. Being a superstar doesn't mean you have talent. Just look at Miley Cyrus.

by Anonymousreply 52November 2, 2020 9:03 PM

Stevie was the least talented member of Fleetwood Mac. What instrument does she play? She bangs on a tambourine. Similarly, Anthony Kiedis is the most famous member of Red Hot Chili Peppers, but he still stinks.

by Anonymousreply 53November 2, 2020 9:06 PM

She was brilliant. And marketable. And a STAR.

Here she is performing with [her crush] Harry Styles

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54November 2, 2020 9:10 PM

I am reading old interviews with Christine McVie and she is just so subtly vicious towards everyone. The shade. THE SHADE: "“I think the three of us have always sung well together,” insists McVie. “But Lindsey and I have a particular synergy, in the fact that we were the only actual people that were playing more than single notes in the band." LMAO. MY QUEEN.

by Anonymousreply 55November 2, 2020 9:12 PM

R54 A STAR? Kim Kardashian is a star too.

by Anonymousreply 56November 2, 2020 9:15 PM

Christine always looked trans to me.

She probably can be a bitch on wheels, but what a voice.

by Anonymousreply 57November 2, 2020 9:17 PM

Christine sounds envious of Stevie too.

by Anonymousreply 58November 2, 2020 9:22 PM

R58 Fleetwood Mac had to cut their 1982 tour down to 2 months to fit around Stevie's solo schedule. Her solo career pretty much killed Fleetwood Mac. She should have just left and let them get on. Christine wrote most of the hits anyway and Tango in The Night is basically a Lindsey/Christine project.

by Anonymousreply 59November 2, 2020 9:27 PM

R59 yup but Stevie was in rehab throughout the entire recording. She was fucked up during that time. Who knows how they were able to get Seven Wonders out of her. She sounds decent on that song during a time she was battling serious addiction and her vocals were shot

by Anonymousreply 60November 2, 2020 9:30 PM

R57. Christine always looked long in the tooth, but her voice is like honey. She never gets mentioned as one of the greatest female rock stars because she lacked sex appeal and charisma. She plays killer blues piano though. Elton John adores her.

by Anonymousreply 61November 2, 2020 9:32 PM

[quote]Stevie was the least talented member of Fleetwood Mac. What instrument does she play?

Well, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood play instruments, but they can't write (or sing) songs. If you want to win people's hearts, you have to write and sing a song that connects to them.

by Anonymousreply 62November 2, 2020 9:37 PM

In her own words:

“SNIFFFFFFFF!!!!!”

🌨❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️👃🏼

by Anonymousreply 63November 2, 2020 9:59 PM

Everybody's envious of Stevie--I wish I was a short, fat woman whose finest days were 50 years ago and who is mainly known for drugs and adultery. So much to wish for!

by Anonymousreply 64November 2, 2020 10:02 PM

Old beat-up whore whose time is over. The pandemic is a litmus test for narcissists. Ellen: I'm so sick of being at home. Stevie: I feel time is being stolen from me because I can't tour. How about thanking essential workers and the medical profession and expressing concern for someone other than yourself.

by Anonymousreply 65November 2, 2020 10:08 PM

Stevie seems to have developed a lisp. Hmmm - I wonder what that's all about. The interview is boring, her performance in the video is stale, she sounds tired and old, and why does she need to be so ungracious/ungrateful when it comes to Lindsey? It makes her seem small and petty (not as in Tom). I used to adore her but I've soured on her since the firing of Lindsey - her behavior was atrocious. The bit about Lindsey being "in another category" is something she just invented. She'd be absolutely nothing without him and she knows it. She's a big, self-serving liar and always has been. She also invented that nonsense about making a "pact" with Christine, who'd never stoop to retrofitting her image to try and appear more "feminist" - she doesn't need to do that.

Stevie has 3 places near the beach - a condo, a house and a little trailer near Point Dume (where Tom Petty also had one). She might get up off her ass and take a walk on the beach if she's feeling stir crazy. But then again she'd need to act the part of "Stevie Nicks - Rock Star" and draw attention to herself. She's exhausting. I'm glad that she has nothing to do but stew at home with her regrets - she must have lots of them.

by Anonymousreply 66November 2, 2020 10:11 PM

Jesus, some of you bitches act like you’re the little girl she kicked in the cuntbone

by Anonymousreply 67November 2, 2020 10:14 PM

[R62] John actually can sing (he sang on the B-side of Gypsy on a song called Cool Water and he sang on The Dance version of Say You Love Me). John has no desire to be a star so he never pursued that role.

by Anonymousreply 68November 2, 2020 10:14 PM

There was a radio interview were Christine confessed “You make Loving fun “was about a sex dream she has with Lindsey.

by Anonymousreply 69November 2, 2020 10:14 PM

R67 it’s mostly one user using more than one account

by Anonymousreply 70November 2, 2020 10:17 PM

Her new song really isn’t that bad. It just came on a playlist and it builds nicely.

by Anonymousreply 71November 2, 2020 10:19 PM

She and Linda Blair could be sisters.

by Anonymousreply 72November 2, 2020 10:21 PM

R70 take your medications

by Anonymousreply 73November 2, 2020 10:27 PM

I prefer Stevie's voice to Christine McVie's. Stevie, even in her prime, never had octave range, but her voice was powerful, like in this live version of Gold Dust Woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74November 2, 2020 10:50 PM

Talking through her nose.....all that money get surgery.

by Anonymousreply 75November 2, 2020 10:52 PM

R67, finally a laugh on this ponderous thread!

by Anonymousreply 76November 2, 2020 10:53 PM

I wonder why she developed a lisp?

Dementia?

by Anonymousreply 77November 2, 2020 10:55 PM

R77 dental work, probably

by Anonymousreply 78November 3, 2020 3:39 AM

Dental work.

by Anonymousreply 79November 3, 2020 3:05 PM

What straight man at any point in their lives owned a silk floral robe like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80November 3, 2020 7:06 PM

"I can't hear shit"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81November 3, 2020 7:39 PM

Fleetwood Mac was a very good pop band. Stevie Nicks was fine, certainly the most "starry" of the bunch. It helped their videos along with boosting record and tour sales. Nicks' solo albums were more of the same but simpler, acceptable mainstream pop music.

Stevie Nicks isn't a major artist in a serious way but that's no crime. She was successful as a female singer/songwriter and that's rare enough.

None of them could ever be Joni or even Carole, try as they might.

by Anonymousreply 82November 3, 2020 8:12 PM

Is her pussy still open 24/7 like it was in her coke days?

Gotta hand it to her, she was able to write some good songs when she wasn't getting fucked by all those men and snorting up mounds of cocaine. Talent!

by Anonymousreply 83November 7, 2020 5:28 PM

I officially despise Stevie at this point, HOWEVER, her new live show that she is pushing? I listened to the songs themselves on Amazon Music, and while her voice is largely SHOT TO HELL, her band was on FIRE during this performance (I am assuming they augmented the band with extra players for this film). And Stevie does a decent job on all of the hidden rarity songs even without having more than a one note vocal range (Gold and Braid, Starshine, Bella Donna) as well as giving a pretty rocking Gold Dust Woman perofrmance. I am particularly impressed with the band's playing and the sound quality. It's weird, she sounds like complete shit on her hits, like Stand Back- it sucked. And that song never sucks. But she was solid on the vault songs.

by Anonymousreply 84November 7, 2020 5:39 PM

R84 I thought it sounded great

by Anonymousreply 85November 7, 2020 5:43 PM

[quote]She probably should have had children. She wouldn’t be so lonely in old age.

She would've been a nightmare as a mother. She was an active addict until she was in her mid-40s. And of course extremely narcissistic and self-involved.

She's also a great artist. Some artistic people are only good at their art and not good at much of anything else.

by Anonymousreply 86November 7, 2020 5:49 PM

[quote]Her solo output was easily digestible pop.

Her solo output was fabulous. Stand Back, Leather and Lace, Rooms On Fire. Great pop music.

by Anonymousreply 87November 7, 2020 5:52 PM

R87, I agree completely.

But don't ever tell queen Stevie that- Remember now- she is a ROCK AND ROLL STAR. And she mentions it 60-90 times per interview. She even mentioned it when RBG died.

She's a ROCK AND ROLL STAR.

by Anonymousreply 88November 7, 2020 5:56 PM

God the hate for Stevie from some posters, you'd think they knew her personally. Yes, she's self involved, did a lot of drugs and fucked around. Everybody from her era did the same damn thing. So what?

by Anonymousreply 89November 7, 2020 5:56 PM

R89- She is a ROCK AND ROLL STAR. Of course she did drugs and fucked around! That's what Rock and Roll stars DO!!!

by Anonymousreply 90November 7, 2020 6:09 PM

But on DL she's not a ROCK AND ROLL STAR.

She's COKED-OUT SLUT WHORE WHO KICKED MY DAUGHTER IN THE CUNT BONE!!!

by Anonymousreply 91November 7, 2020 6:12 PM

R87. I hate Leather and Lace. The lyrics are out of a Jackie Collins novel and I hate Don Henley, especially when he sings "And sometimes I cry". That part always makes me want to vom. The Eagles are just terrible generally, but Don Henley should be hanged for crimes against music.

by Anonymousreply 92November 7, 2020 6:18 PM

The Eagles are classic. Best Of My Love, Life In the Fast Lane etc. Great songs.

by Anonymousreply 93November 7, 2020 6:30 PM

"What instrument does she play?"

I don't think she plays one, at least not very well. Which is why needs REAL musicians to help with her songs.

What a cunt she is: " my big gorgeous bedroom...you (meaning her) wrote really great songs about....and that's why you're living in this absolutely spectacular house....with everything that you want...and anything that you could possibly want to buy." Brag, brag, brag. But I don't get the impression that she's a every happy person. Quite the opposite in fact.

CBS Sunday Morning used to feature good segments on creative, legendary, or interesting people. But all it's done for years now is do ass-kissing puff pieces like this on Stevie Nicks. It totally glosses over her "brief ( a few months) marriage, which was truly bizarre and dysfunctional. Marrying her best friend's widower so she could "have" her friend's baby? How truly nuts.

by Anonymousreply 94November 7, 2020 6:37 PM

R93 Don Henley is such a loathsome figure in American music. The Eagles' lyrics were all about how hard it is to be rich, famous cock rock stars and was exclusively liked by racists in leisure suits and high waited jeans who liked to beat up punks. It was totally 70s macho pop rock garbage although I'll admit to finding Joe Walsh tolerable. His solo album is the only Eagles-related album that isn't totally self involved Southern California cowboy/troubadour crap. The Eagles were just a step above Jimmy Buffet in the cheesy white guy department. At least Fleetwood Mac attempted to incorporate new styles of music into their follow up Rumours. Tango in the Night is the gayest album ever made by straight people(ok, maybe if you exclude Depeche Mode).

by Anonymousreply 95November 7, 2020 7:15 PM

R95- I have to agree about Henley. He is insufferable, and the things I have read make him sound like a near monster. Glenn Frey was HOT AS BALLS, but also an insufferable cunt.

And when you say FM at least attempted to incorporate new styles of music. Dead wrong. That was ALL Lindsey Buckingham. 100%. That's why I have to give the guy is due.

by Anonymousreply 96November 7, 2020 7:22 PM

[quote] I listened to the songs themselves on Amazon Music, and while her voice is largely SHOT TO HELL ...

Her voice has been shot to hell for at least ten years now. She never had a wide range, but she could (in the past) harmonize and wrap her voice around someone else's voice (e.g., Tom Petty).

by Anonymousreply 97November 7, 2020 7:23 PM

Yeah I listened to a sample from the new live album and her croaking just turned me off.

by Anonymousreply 98November 7, 2020 7:33 PM

R96 You have to give Mick Fleetwood some credit for that too. 'Tusk' started off as him wanting to do an Ghanaian rhythm inspired album and Buckingham went along with it. My problem with Stevie as an artist is that she's kind of the female version of Don Henley. She fits into a very white, very American country inspired rock tradition that eschewed black and gay music. Belladonna was a hit in the early 80s but she got crushed by the likes of Madonna and Blondie with good reason.

by Anonymousreply 99November 7, 2020 7:36 PM

She did a duet (Landslide?) with Sheryl Crow (who I like) and both had the same type of voice - no harmonizing. Disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 100November 7, 2020 7:39 PM

R96 it was far from all Lindsay. Why do you keep lying?

by Anonymousreply 101November 7, 2020 7:43 PM

R101, I'm not R96 but it was mainly and Lindsey and then Mick who kept pushing the band in different directions. Stevie is fine making the same crooning country songs and generic belting rock songs over and over. She's a two trick pony.

by Anonymousreply 102November 7, 2020 7:48 PM

Lies lies lies. Lindsay nothing.

by Anonymousreply 103November 7, 2020 7:50 PM

R103, are you genuinely retarded?

by Anonymousreply 104November 7, 2020 7:52 PM

Good point. I will give that credit to Mick.

R98- There were a few good songs on that live show, again - the band was AWESOME. And whoever did the mixing did a great job.

by Anonymousreply 105November 7, 2020 7:59 PM

[quote]I don't think she plays one, at least not very well. Which is why needs REAL musicians to help with her songs.

Lots of singers haven't played instruments.

by Anonymousreply 106November 7, 2020 8:01 PM

[quote]Don Henley is such a loathsome figure in American music. The Eagles' lyrics were all about how hard it is to be rich, famous cock rock stars and was exclusively liked by racists in leisure suits and high waited jeans who liked to beat up punks. It was totally 70s macho pop rock garbage

Yes Don Henley is an asshole but he's still a great songwriter and musician. And the Eagles songs were about a certain socioeconomic class of Californians, so what? They were still good songs.

Punk music was shit, btw. Tuneless non-melodious garbage.

by Anonymousreply 107November 7, 2020 8:02 PM

"Lots of singers haven't played instruments."

But she's supposed to be this "great songwriter", too. A great songwriter who has little ability to play an instrument? No, she needs people who really can play instruments to help her with her songs.

by Anonymousreply 108November 7, 2020 8:39 PM

She plays a little bit of piano and guitar, enough to help her build her songs. But she needs professional performers to record the music. And that's OK. At least she writes her own music.

by Anonymousreply 109November 7, 2020 8:49 PM

I don't like the arrangements of Fleetwood Mac songs she plays with her band. John McVie especially has a way of wrapping his bass lines around her voice. Waddy is ok but it's clear that a lot of Lindsey's guitar accents are filled in on keyboard which makes her songs sound flat.

by Anonymousreply 110November 7, 2020 9:28 PM

[quote]A great songwriter who has little ability to play an instrument?

So what? You don't have to know how to play an instrument to be a songwriter.

by Anonymousreply 111November 7, 2020 10:52 PM

" You don't have to know how to play an instrument to be a songwriter."

Yes, SO many of the world's greatest songwriters have no musical ability to play an instrument. What horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 112November 7, 2020 11:15 PM

Stevie's a pretty great songwriter. And playing a musical instrument is not a prerequisite to being a good songwriter.

I don't know why this poster has such a hate-on for Stevie Nicks, but it's ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 113November 7, 2020 11:30 PM

Lindsey and Stevie had a symbiotic relationship. Neither one was gong to make it without the other. Stevie was a great singer and songwriter and Lindsey was a great guitarist and arranger.

Lindsey's solo work is pretty shitty, with only a few exceptions.

by Anonymousreply 114November 7, 2020 11:31 PM

R114 Gift of Screws is a great album, but I'm not a big fan of Lindsey's voice. Some of the instrumental songs he has written are simply amazing. Stevie is a pretty boring melody writer but people would buy her albums if she sang the phone book. I really don't like her solo work, but I'm not the one with the hate hard on for her. Her very simple songs are great as a bed for Lindsey's meticulous sonic layers. She also brought much needed glamor and an iconic voice to the band. In Ken Caillat's book he said that Stevie could write a thousand songs with the same three chords.

by Anonymousreply 115November 7, 2020 11:47 PM

The problem with the label of "great songwriter" for Stevie is that many of her songs are just the same few chords repeated with no structure. Angel is a good example of Stevie getting quite a lot of help not just from Lindsey, but from John. The burbling timbre he achieves with his bass tone makes that song seem more interesting than it actually is. Stevie's Fleetwood Mac songs are almost like illusions that perfectly mirror her personal. Fleetwood Mac might well have invented dream pop. Great lyricist? Yes. Great voice? Yes. Solid melody writer? Not really, but that didn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 116November 7, 2020 11:56 PM

R116 here. Just wanted to add that Stevie has such a dynamic voice that she can sing in a two octave range and sound more interesting and express more emotion than someone who can sing in the range of 4 octaves. It's a real gift to be able to do that.

by Anonymousreply 117November 8, 2020 12:04 AM

Great lyricist? Yes."

Her lyrics are inane.There are many examples but here's a good one:

Just like the white winged dove

Sings a song

Sounds like she's singing

Ooh ooh ooh

Just like the white winged dove Sings a song

Sounds like she's singing

Ooh baby, ooh, said ooh

by Anonymousreply 118November 8, 2020 12:17 AM

"Stevie's a pretty great songwriter. And playing a musical instrument is not a prerequisite to being a good songwriter."

She's a SUCCESSFUL songwriter. Not a great one, not by a long shot. And just how does a "good songwriter" write songs without being able to play an instrument? You sound like you're ignorant about music.

by Anonymousreply 119November 8, 2020 12:23 AM

Which one of you fucking Marys keeps posting crap about this dried up old oyster?? How much more can she tell us about her illness from her fake tits, or all of the abortions she is proud of having?!! Give it a rest already.

by Anonymousreply 120November 8, 2020 12:27 AM

r118 that song is a classic and has been played for close to forty years.

by Anonymousreply 121November 8, 2020 12:35 AM

[quote]And just how does a "good songwriter" write songs without being able to play an instrument? You sound like you're ignorant about music.

Do you know how many songwriters haven't played an instrument? Or how many singers neither played and instrument or didn't write songs? Your hate-on for Stevie Nicks is just bizarre. She's written and recorded classic songs that are in the rock/pop canon and have never stopped being played for decades. That's pretty damn impressive.

by Anonymousreply 122November 8, 2020 12:37 AM

Jesus. I LOVED Stevie Nick's voice in the 70's and early 80's (Stevie's voice from 1981-1983 was the meaning of SULTRY- her voice was almost otherworldly) I even dig her songwriting. Love Edge of Seventeen. However, this bitch has truly revealed herself to be an egomaniac of the highest order. Every interview she gives is LAUGHABLE. She is a mockery of HERSELF. Sorry DL, your fawning love for this woman is a little much. She is truly obnoxious now. But again, in her prime, she truly was something else. Now she is a novelty. Albeit a very compelling one. Delusional, egomaniacal, and embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 123November 8, 2020 1:48 AM

All the big divas seem to go a bit screwy in their later years. Davis, Crawford, Dietrich, Mae West etc. all got pretty weird.

by Anonymousreply 124November 8, 2020 1:52 AM

"Your hate-on for Stevie Nicks is just bizarre."

Your love-on for Stevie Nicks is what's bizarre, hon. And success does not equal talent. Ever heard of Madonna? I'd say Stevie Nicks has been more lucky than talented. Her shit has its audience. But she would be nothing and nowhere without all the men whose cocks she's sucked: Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, Jimmy Iovine, Paul Fishkin, Tom Petty, Don Henley. The list I'm sure goes on.

by Anonymousreply 125November 8, 2020 2:24 AM

Everybody fucked everybody in the 70s, it was a different time. She obviously did something right because her songs are classics and still get a lot of play decades later, while some of her contemporaries like Linda Ronstadt are half-forgotten.

Madonna was also a solid artist who made a lot of great pop songs. You don't stay on top for so long with just luck and no talent. You have to deliver, and she also delivered some outstanding music.

by Anonymousreply 126November 8, 2020 2:51 AM

Oh, please. Madonna is not known for her exceptional "talent." She's known for being very driven, very ambitious, very self absorbed, very career-savvy. She's also known for being a super slut. She and Stevie Nicks obviously have a lot in common.

by Anonymousreply 127November 8, 2020 3:48 AM

You don't last nearly forty years in the business, and reach the heights Madonna reached, without some talent.

by Anonymousreply 128November 8, 2020 3:53 AM

R126 the difference is that all of Stevie's classic tunes are with the Mac, where she got quite a lot of help to grand effect. The song Gold Dust Woman had a swell of layered guitar parts and different accents that make it sound unique and unlike anything that had been heard before. Jimmy Iovine could never really do that. He was a straight rock and roll producer. Tom Petty had no idea what to do with the song Gypsy because it lacked a definite chorus. Lindsey very cleverly snuck in an arpeggio guitar part to "fake" a chorus and it tricks you into thinking you're hearing a standard radio friendly verse-chorus song. I say that Stevie's "weakness" as a songwriter and Lindsey/The Mac's incredible musicianship is a compromise that made an entirety new genre of music. Without a clever producer, many of her song sound samey. Stevie was very lucky to have Lindsey/Fleetwood Mac and Lindsey/Fleetwood Mac were very lucky to have a charismatic front woman with an unforgettable voice.

by Anonymousreply 129November 8, 2020 3:55 AM

Stevie has a lot of exceptional solo tunes too. It's not just her FM stuff. And most artists don't produce their own music, I don't know why that's an issue with some of you.

by Anonymousreply 130November 8, 2020 3:56 AM

R130 None of her solo songs really ping me as enduring from a melody or arrangement perspective. They have a very established rock feel and often just sound like Tom Petty B-sides. That said, I think Lindsey has lost his ability to produce Stevie's songs. I don't like how he produced her songs on Say You Will, but her songwriting wasn't particularly strong either.

by Anonymousreply 131November 8, 2020 4:03 AM

"You don't last nearly forty years in the business, and reach the heights Madonna reached, without some talent."

Yes, she has talent A talent for self-promotion. A talent for re-inventing herself, although she seems to have run out of ideas for that in her old age. But musical talent? Acting talent? Dancing talent? Not much.

by Anonymousreply 132November 8, 2020 4:04 AM

[quote] None of her solo songs really ping me as enduring from a melody or arrangement perspective.

That's your opinion. Not necessarily correct.

by Anonymousreply 133November 8, 2020 4:05 AM

Madonna has been given high marks for her dancing by professional dancers. Madonna herself had said she doesn't have the greatest voice, but she's hardly a bad singer. And her earlier hits were way before Autotune.

by Anonymousreply 134November 8, 2020 4:06 AM

R133 Her solo songs share much in common with Heartbreakers material and Edge of 17 was ripped off from a Police song. Those are facts. She didn't create anything new with her solo material. Her Fleetwood Mac songs are groundbreaking, however. Listen to Sara and then listen to Stand Back. If you don't rate the former above the latter then my dear, you might have a taste deficiency.

by Anonymousreply 135November 8, 2020 4:11 AM

Stand Back is one of the best songs of the 80s, it has a real drive to it. Other songs of hers that were deep cuts like After the Glitter Fades and Outside the Rain are also outstanding. Her solo work is solid and has stood the test of time. Of course it's different than the Mac stuff, she had different producers and wanted to do a slightly different sound on her solo work. All singers who go solo do this. And who cares where she got Edge of Seventeen, it's a fabulous song and another one that holds up after forty years.

Being overly analytical about music just sucks all the life and joy out of it.

by Anonymousreply 136November 8, 2020 4:14 AM

R134 Madonna relentlessly changes her image and musical style. It's odd and slightly frightening now but her ambition was not to be rivaled. Madonna and Stevie Nicks are totally different artists. Madonna exemplifies east coast urban grit and Stevie west coast laid back yuppie-hippy chic.

by Anonymousreply 137November 8, 2020 4:15 AM

R95 - That is a brilliant assessment. I think I love you!

by Anonymousreply 138November 8, 2020 4:16 AM

Of course Madonna and Stevie are different artists, nobody was saying they weren't.

by Anonymousreply 139November 8, 2020 4:21 AM

"Stand Back is one of the best songs of the 80s, it has a real drive to it. Other songs of hers that were deep cuts like After the Glitter Fades and Outside the Rain are also outstanding. Her solo work is solid and has stood the test of time. Of course it's different than the Mac stuff, she had different producers and wanted to do a slightly different sound on her solo work. All singers who go solo do this. And who cares where she got Edge of Seventeen, it's a fabulous song and another one that holds up after forty years."

You sound totally nuts, a real "chiffonhead", as batty Stevie Nicks fans are sometimes called.

by Anonymousreply 140November 8, 2020 4:24 AM

I’ve always enjoyed seeing Stevie in concert. She seems down to earth, sincere and connects with the audience, unlike many performers. I also enjoy her voice. It’s unique and raw but in a good way. Tango in the Night is one of my all time favorite albums.

by Anonymousreply 141November 8, 2020 4:26 AM

r140 you're the obsessive troll. I'm hardly nuts, just someone who understands pop music and the music business a lot more than you do.

by Anonymousreply 142November 8, 2020 4:26 AM

Jesus, her teeth in that interview are literally BROWN! Christ, why doesn't she get them fixed? All I could do was stare at her mouth, and it's obvious she knows they're jacked because she seems self-conscious. Every time she would laugh the camera would cut away to avoid showing them.

by Anonymousreply 143November 8, 2020 4:27 AM

Didn’t Stevie have a kid at some point? I thought Landslide was about her child that died? Maybe I’m misremembering. You queens seem to know a lot about her so I will await your wisdom.

She looks the same as she did in the 90’s.

Also do you think she wears a rug?

by Anonymousreply 144November 8, 2020 4:27 AM

Who is this nut who keeps insisting Stevie Nicks doesn't have much talent and her solo work is shit and the men in her life did everything for her? Is he fucking for real?

by Anonymousreply 145November 8, 2020 4:30 AM

Every single person who has ever left a band to do solo work has wanted their solo work to sound different.

by Anonymousreply 146November 8, 2020 4:32 AM

R141 Tango is a feat of studio wizardry. Lindsey recorded all the instruments at half and quarter speed to give the album a tinkly high end. The opening motif on the song Everywhere is actually acoustic guitar played slowly and then sped up on tape. It sounds synthesized but the only synth parts are the vocal parts sampled on a fairlight. This recording technique became fabled and influenced the likes of The Pet Shop Boys and Vampire Weekend.

by Anonymousreply 147November 8, 2020 4:38 AM

R143 She's either smoking or drinking copious amounts of coffee.

by Anonymousreply 148November 8, 2020 4:40 AM

R142, your incessant gushing about the incomparable singing and songwriting brilliance (snort) of Stevie Nicks indicates that you're just a nutty fan of hers, definitely not someone who "understands pop music and the music business ." You seem very silly, much like your idol, the coke-snorting, bed hopping Stevie Nicks.

by Anonymousreply 149November 8, 2020 4:46 AM

Who the fuck wasn't snorting coke and bed-hopping back then? Freak. And her songwriting has been lauded by both critics and her contemporaries, Christ you're making it out like she's Taylor Dayne or someone.

by Anonymousreply 150November 8, 2020 4:50 AM

Stevie Nicks never had a baby. She's probably had quite a few abortions, though. "Sara" was about her aborted baby with Don Henley. She supposedly has a lot of "godchildren", including one who lives with her. I don't seen her as a mother type at all. She seems more like a ditsy, indulgent aunt kind of person. When Fleetwood Mac were on the cover of the Rolling Stone for the first time the accompanying article quoted her as saying "for sure, I want one or two children" and a houseful of dogs and cats. Maybe she has the dogs and cats. But kids? She was always too involved with herself to be a mother.

by Anonymousreply 151November 8, 2020 4:51 AM

The brown teeth are probably from smoking. Celebrities never quit smoking, they just pretend that they do.

by Anonymousreply 152November 8, 2020 4:51 AM

She looks good but probably not so much in real life. Her cheeks are filled with rubber goo, like silicone breast implants for the face.

by Anonymousreply 153November 8, 2020 5:06 AM

Madonna and Stevie also have this in common: they kept abortion clinics in business.

by Anonymousreply 154November 8, 2020 6:32 AM

R150 Stevie solo was never critically praised until recently because Azoff is shilling her hard.

by Anonymousreply 155November 8, 2020 7:08 AM

I completely agree with R136 about Stand Back- Awesome melody, drums, synths, great guitar- Just a perfect song.

I have always enjoyed Stevie's solo work.

I just cannot stand her as a person now. Truly represents what an ego out of control can do to a person. Then factor in aging and a pandemic. Forget it. She's on a Crazy Train to Loonyland!

She is incredibly out of touch. However- the public ADORES her. She is the perfect blend of has been, novelty act, but also that everything old becomes new again. She is basically really hip. She is the Urban Outfitters/Anthropologie of music. She is hot right now. Yet very, very, very old... A star for sure. But the shit she says is just foul.

And if this bitch uses her lyrics one more time in an interview, I may break a window.

I want to DANCE ACROSS THE STAGES OF THE WORLD AGAIN!!!!!!

Bitch, your stumpy body can barely twirl once without you getting out of breath and tripping and falling into the front row on top of those hags dressed like you!

You haven't danced in 15 years, at least.

by Anonymousreply 156November 8, 2020 3:37 PM

Looking at these rock and roll geezers huffing and puffing on stage and singing songs about drugs and fucking when they should be in a nursing home makes me realize why some bands like ABBA decided to leave the party early, and Grace Slick's famous quote "old people don't belong on a rock and roll stage. You look stupid and should retire."

I love FM and Stevie, but like many artists they just can't accept that they're all just too old for this shit.

by Anonymousreply 157November 8, 2020 3:42 PM

Her 'original rendition' of Gypsy will never not be funny. She's almost as delusional as Rod Stewart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158November 8, 2020 9:08 PM

[R158] That was pretty awful. There's "stripped down" and then there's "almost not there." Link below to what is arguably the true "original version" in the form of a demo with Tom Petty and it's bad. Very bad. If you listen to this and can't tell that the classic song is 90% Lindsey's production then I can't help you. He worked miracles with a half-formed song that was originally framed in the wrong tempo and tone, turning it from a would-be barn burner into a magical work of art with a movingly wistful aura.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159November 10, 2020 8:48 PM

Wow somebody on DL really hates Stevie Nicks!

by Anonymousreply 160November 10, 2020 9:09 PM

[quote]I hear Robert Plant's son is a heroin addict who fucks trannies in Thailand. So many rock stars have useless layabout kids.

Whoa! bad sources. Plant's son is the largest independent craft brewer in London, with his own line of craft ales and beers. Heineken just partnered with him to the tune of $10-20 million, he's gaining partnerships with clubs like Tottenham with more to come. Well on his way to $100-millionaire status on his own - one of the most successful rock star kids in a non-artistic field.

by Anonymousreply 161November 10, 2020 10:03 PM

R161 Robert Plant has many kids - legitimate and illegitimate

by Anonymousreply 162November 10, 2020 10:57 PM

R161 Robert Plant has many kids - legitimate and illegitimate

by Anonymousreply 163November 10, 2020 10:57 PM

r158, the majority of the comments seem to love it and favor the original than the finished product.

by Anonymousreply 164November 10, 2020 10:57 PM

R1164 Obsessive fandom clouds peoples' judgment. It's the same thing with Paul McCartney. He sounds like absolute shit now, but his fans will still pretend that he's still 'got it'. Boggles the mind.

by Anonymousreply 165November 10, 2020 11:01 PM

That video at R158 proves Lindsey Buckingham worked sheer magic on that song to make it sound good. It also proves that her voice is shot. And that she can't play the piano worth shit.

by Anonymousreply 166November 10, 2020 11:06 PM

No r162, he does not. He has three children. Four, if you count his deceased child.

Plant is not Rod Stewart or Mick Jagger, fathering kids with multiple women and dating dozens of models and socialites. He had families with just two women - sisters in fact. That's how tight and local he kept his family shit.

How would you know about a secret 'son' and what they're doing in Thailand, that the rest of us don't know. Unless you're a family member posting here (doubtful).

by Anonymousreply 167November 10, 2020 11:17 PM

" He had families with just two women - sisters in fact. That's how tight and local he kept his family shit."

He had a family with a woman...and then created another one with her SISTER? Wow, that's strange. Veyr incestuous.

by Anonymousreply 168November 10, 2020 11:48 PM

Having kids with sisters is fucking weird.

by Anonymousreply 169November 11, 2020 5:40 AM

Stevie is old ugly and alone. You just know she sees Lindsey and his attractive children and it just kills her inside.

by Anonymousreply 170November 11, 2020 6:27 AM

Lindsey's gorgeous lookalike son - they have to keep him out of sight of Stevie so she doesn't lapse into a Miss Havisham dream sequence (Stevie to Will: "Lindsey - is that you? Oh, Lindsey - come to me!").

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171November 11, 2020 5:21 PM

Stevie should just hook back up with Mick. From his book it's clear that he's always been obsessed with her - and with Lindsey out of the picture, they wouldn't have to put up with his judgment.

by Anonymousreply 172November 11, 2020 6:05 PM

[R172] Some have speculated that that's exactly what's happened. I sense that Mick is somewhat terrified of Stevie because she alone controls his ability to make big money. He talks so reverently about her it's almost embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 173November 11, 2020 6:25 PM

R173 Mick probably doesn't want to fuck her anymore. She looks like a cross between Miss Piggy and ET in a wig. Her petite size does not befit weight gain. He's famous enough that he can screw some dumb young model.

by Anonymousreply 174November 11, 2020 8:29 PM

[R174] True - but why not just fuck the piggy bank?

by Anonymousreply 175November 11, 2020 8:59 PM

R171, he is more gorgeous now and looks exactly like him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176November 12, 2020 12:41 AM

Cunt bone bump

by Anonymousreply 177November 12, 2020 12:51 AM

[R176] Miss Havisham must be going bananas. Stevie is completely shut out. I’m sure Lindsey’s family thinks of her as the cunt who screwed over dad. Stevie has her paid staff and dependent relatives to tell her she’s always in the right.

by Anonymousreply 178November 12, 2020 1:53 AM

I just read another one Stevie's recent interviews on Bustle or some shit.

This woman is as deep as a plate.

2/3 of the interview was once again about money, becoming rich, walking down the street and buying a red jaguar, limousines, being rich, being rich, and being rich.

Shockingly, she did not say "Rock and Roll star".. It must have been edited out.

And she tells the SAME stories over, and over, and over. She is the new Bootsie Gumdrop.

by Anonymousreply 179November 12, 2020 2:30 AM

"Stand Back" was inspired by "Little Red Corvette." Sounds like Prince's synthesizer ended up on "Stand Back," uncredited.

[quote] As the couple [Nicks & ex-husband Kim Anderson] drove out to Santa Barbara for their honeymoon, Nicks heard Prince's "Little Red Corvette," his big hit at the time off of 1999, on the radio. She spent the rest of the night writing the song it inspired: "Stand Back," which she recorded for 1983's The Wild Heart.

[quote] And while the Fleetwood Mac singer-songwriter technically wrote it, she's long admitted the song "belongs" to Prince, whose synthesizer work is even on the recording, but never received a credit on the album. Once it was written borrowing the "Little Red Corvette" melody, she called Prince, told him of her inspiration, and asked him if he would meet her at Sunset Sound in Los Angeles. Twenty minutes later, he was there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180November 12, 2020 2:38 AM

One question:

How many wigs, exactly, was Nickserdoodle wearing in the OP's pic?

by Anonymousreply 181November 12, 2020 3:09 AM

Stevie just can't stop making covid about herself. More than 300k Americans have died, but the biggest tragedy is her being deprived of the spotlight on stage. Right.

by Anonymousreply 182November 12, 2020 3:31 AM

Her yammering about her wealth indicates deep mental disturbance. It's like she's trying to tell herself over and over: "My life is great, right? I'm rich, I live in a fabulous home, I can buy anything I want...isn't that great? Isn't my life wonderful?" I think she tries to make herself believe that. I get the feeling she's very unhappy and probably has been for many years. I think her drug addiction was also an indication of that. What a train wreck she is.

by Anonymousreply 183November 12, 2020 3:31 AM

I believe she has dementia.

by Anonymousreply 184November 12, 2020 4:09 AM

R184 Probably borderline personality disorder mixed with a coke rotted brain. Lindsey has Asperger's with echolalia and palilalia which is why he likes to repeat in his lyrics almost like chants in certain songs. The McVies seem the most normal but are apparently super racist and anti-Semitic. Mick is just a piece of shit. He allowed Trump to use a Fleetwood Mac song at one of his rallies.

by Anonymousreply 185November 12, 2020 4:14 AM

You're all a bunch of jealous cunts!

by Anonymousreply 186November 12, 2020 7:32 AM

Wow! it does make sense if Lindsey has Aspergers!!

by Anonymousreply 187November 12, 2020 10:09 AM

Why doesn’t Lindsay and rest of band speak anymore?

by Anonymousreply 188November 12, 2020 11:57 AM

R188. He has been talking with Mick and Christine. Stevie hasn't spoken to anyone in months.

by Anonymousreply 189November 12, 2020 4:52 PM

[R189] The word is that Lindsey's wife - Kristen - who tore Mick a new a-hole multiple times on Twitter after the firing - is adamantly opposed to Lindsey ever rejoining the band. You can just image what she thinks of Stevie.

by Anonymousreply 190November 12, 2020 5:47 PM

"Re-joining the band." God, they all have one foot in the grave at this point.

by Anonymousreply 191November 12, 2020 6:12 PM

Love everything about Stevie, the good and the bad.

by Anonymousreply 192November 12, 2020 6:13 PM

I wouldn't pay a dime to see any member of Fleetwood Mac perform. They are old, old, old. Their songs have been played a million times on the radio, and are still played to this day. They all need to just fucking retire, especially Stevie Nicks. But since she still thinks she's "youthful" I guess she will still be singing "Edge of Seventeen" when she's ninety.

by Anonymousreply 193November 12, 2020 6:57 PM

She doesn’t want to remind herself she is alone that is why she refused to retire and would rather perform around the around were her audience, band and road crew are like her family.

by Anonymousreply 194November 12, 2020 7:07 PM

R193 I would only pay to see Lindsey play acoustic guitar at this point - but not sing. Someone should tell him that it sounds like he's been gargling razorblades for the past 20 years. Stevie sounds very nasal and tired. Time to hang it up.

by Anonymousreply 195November 12, 2020 7:24 PM

If we're lucky this pandemic will finally derail her annoying career. She can't fucking sing anymore, her last relevant/listenable album was 20 years ago (Trouble in Shangri-la), and at this point in her life she's just bored and lonely. Lindsay is totally nuts but at least he managed to have a wife and kids to temper his weirdness. Stevie's her own worst enemy: if she doesn't somehow push the reset button on her life and retire, her 70's are going to be miserable. And just write that fucking MEMOIR already! We all want to know about Don Henley's dong.

by Anonymousreply 196November 13, 2020 10:36 AM

R196. Her memoir will be vanilla as fuck. She'll portray all of her drug fuel affairs with ghoulish looking record executives and piss soaked rock stars as epic romantic liaisons. If Lindsey ever writes a memoir it will be similarly sanitized. "I didn't do a lot of cocaine". Whatever you say Lindsey.

by Anonymousreply 197November 13, 2020 4:53 PM

R196. Her memoir will be vanilla as fuck. She'll portray all of her drug fuel affairs with ghoulish looking record executives and piss soaked rock stars as epic romantic liaisons. If Lindsey ever writes a memoir it will be similarly sanitized. "I didn't do a lot of cocaine". Whatever you say Lindsey.

by Anonymousreply 198November 13, 2020 4:53 PM

R196- I tried listening to Trouble In Shangri-la a few weeks ago. It has not aged well at all.

They cut off Planets of The Universe right where its supposed to get good. The title song was not nearly as good as I remember it either.

1/2 of the songs outright suck BALLS. Bombay Sapphire? Oh man. This bitch calls herself a rock and roll star yet only one song on the album is a rock and roll song.

Meh.

by Anonymousreply 199November 13, 2020 8:04 PM

Gypsy is a racist hate song!

Cancel her, cancel!

by Anonymousreply 200November 13, 2020 8:14 PM

She used to collect creepy dolls and carry them around in airports like a baby and she used to talked about adoption now she claimed she has no regrets about having no family of her own.

by Anonymousreply 201November 13, 2020 8:16 PM

By now Stevie probably realizes that she overplayed her hand in orchestrating the firing of Lindsey. She enjoyed a free pass until now - that’s over. The withering comments here and elsewhere must give her pause - but it’s too late to take it back. She’s pissed off and alienated enough people who were solidly in the FM fan base to make her miserable for the rest of her life. She made a huge, senseless mistake and will never hear the end of it.

by Anonymousreply 202November 14, 2020 12:33 AM

It was such a short-sighted decision. The tour was only supposed to be for about four months, which isn't a huge time commitment. Just put up with Lindsey and his weirdness for four months and give the fans what they want one last time, then cash all the checks. They're all so fucking old, it's pathetic they're still fighting like it's the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 203November 14, 2020 12:38 AM

"My tears have not stopped since a friend tip toed into my room and said ‘Stevie, Ruth died.’ (No need for the last name…)”"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204November 14, 2020 12:41 AM

Stevie wanted to replaced retired Christine with Sheryl Crow and some other musician when John had his cancer scare and Lindsey both nixed the idea.

by Anonymousreply 205November 14, 2020 12:48 AM

R202, Stevie’s long time assistant Karen shield her from negativity ans she has no idea fans are upset with her.

by Anonymousreply 206November 14, 2020 12:54 AM

Sheryl Crow wanted to hitch her wagon to the Fleetwood Mac train (her career was in decline by then) and the other members basically said "fuck no!" They knew an opportunist when they saw one.

by Anonymousreply 207November 14, 2020 12:55 AM

Didn't she take Mars Bars up the cooze?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208November 14, 2020 12:57 AM

R205 Stevie has always had truly shitty taste. She listens to top 20 hits only. Sheryl Crowe could never replace Christine. Stevie just wants to be surrounded by her celebrity friends. Once in a while she'll give props to Kate Bush, but I doubt she has listened to anything other than Hounds of Love. As much as I love the rest of the band, ever since Stevie was on AHS, she's become something if an icon for young girls. The whole bohemian/Gypsy/crystal collecting witch thing is huge with 20 something so called 'alt-girls'.

by Anonymousreply 209November 14, 2020 12:59 AM

Christine has always been a class act.

by Anonymousreply 210November 14, 2020 1:03 AM

R209- I said a very similar thing earlier in post. Stevie is so hip with a certain demo. She is the Anthropologie/Urban Outfitters of old rock chicks.

Christine a class act? Frankly I thought she was a piece of shit for not standing up for her "friend" Lindsey. And she has a face that could stop a clock.

But she is definitely more down to earth and has less of an ego than Stevie.

by Anonymousreply 211November 14, 2020 1:28 AM

R207: Don’t get me started on that talentless twat Crow. Not an original thought or any art in that Frau head of hers. I want her to quit the music business and go sell real estate in Las Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 212November 14, 2020 2:20 AM

R211, yea Lindsey was loyal to Christine and put his foot down when Stevie wanted to replaced her with Sheryl. Stevie was super angry about it.

by Anonymousreply 213November 14, 2020 3:10 AM

Sheryl Crow's shit music plagued the airwaves in the 90s. Those songs were played every three minutes. She was almost as annoying as Hootie and the Blowfish, who were in the same time period.

by Anonymousreply 214November 14, 2020 3:12 AM

i hooked up with a hot guy in San Francisco c.1990 who told me he'd hung with Stevie Nicks. He was very much into 12-Step level sobriety, and I don't recall if he and Stevie partied together or not, but I do remember what she told him. This is not word-for-word, but she said she wasn't into the hard-line kind of sobriety that 12-Step preaches because it was everyone's right as a spiritual being to explore and experience the various levels of consciousness that party drugs offer from time to time.

by Anonymousreply 215November 14, 2020 5:53 AM

R215 in 1990 she was still high as a kite on Klonopin, so that's not surprising. To this day she complains about people forcing her into rehab. "No one tells me what to do". Her various involuntary stints in rehab are probably why she's still alive.

by Anonymousreply 216November 14, 2020 6:00 AM

Apparently in the first band Stevie was in (Fritz w/Lindsey Buckingham) she fucked the guitarist first before getting it on with Lindsey who played bass. She had a habit of fucking every dude in bands. She did it with Fleetwood Mac, she did it with The Eagles too. I bet prudie Stevie wouldn't put that in her memoirs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217November 14, 2020 8:18 AM

She attened Menlo-Atherton High School in her senior year and started dating their popular star quarterback which made her the queen bee as well. Smart!

by Anonymousreply 218November 14, 2020 8:27 AM

R218. Source? I bet she wanted to fuck Lindsey's brother too. That Olympic silver medal must have looked really shiny. Stevie likes her status objects.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219November 14, 2020 8:34 AM

She talked about in her interviews..here are the happy couple on prom night!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220November 14, 2020 8:40 AM

[R220] If he’s married Stevie will still be interested.

by Anonymousreply 221November 14, 2020 4:29 PM

Stevie-

Ruth died.

(Stevie collapses onto floor and writes insane Instagram post dedicated to herself, sorry, I mean Ruth)

by Anonymousreply 222November 14, 2020 4:38 PM

R222 The implication being that she knew RBG on a first name basis is the best part of that story. Stevie isn't famous enough to be scrutinized by the press. She's at this weird middling level of fame where she can be considered a minor icon but no one except for specifically fans of hers really pays attention to what she says. If Miley or Paul McCartney had made that crazy song about MLK introducing her to the Kennedys their heads would be on chopping blocks. It's good because so find her very amusing and want to witness her public decent into batty irrelevance.

by Anonymousreply 223November 14, 2020 10:48 PM

It's hilarious when celebrities pretend that they know other celebrities/public figures well, when chances are they never even met. This happens all the time. It's all about boosting the profile/ego of the celeb.

by Anonymousreply 224November 14, 2020 11:13 PM

Exactly, she doesn't know that Harry was a member of One direction and not Nsync and she claimed they are long time pals.

by Anonymousreply 225November 15, 2020 12:30 AM

Wow really does lack self-awareness! In this interview she talks about keeping the band together and put their hand on the Bible and swore to not let personal squable get in the way with the band.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226November 15, 2020 7:16 AM

People who have zero regrets are always huge cunts.

by Anonymousreply 227November 15, 2020 8:17 AM

R150 Stevie solo was more like Bonnie Tyler.

by Anonymousreply 228November 16, 2020 8:42 PM

[quote] People who have zero regrets are always huge cunts.

Just a little songlette that dear Edie wrote for me, oh a while back now, bless her:

Non, rien de rien Non, je ne regrette rien Ni le bien qu'on m'a fait Ni le mal; tout ça m'est bien égal !

Non, rien de rien Non, je ne regrette rien C'est payé, balayé, oublié Je me fous du passé !

by Anonymousreply 229November 18, 2020 2:54 PM

"RBG - She was my hero. She fought for me and all women. I feel today very much like I felt on the night my own mother died. I feel like someone punched me in the stomach. My tears have not stopped since a friend tip toed into my room and said 'Stevie, Ruth died'. (No need for a last name...) It is my great regret that I did not make the effort to go and try to meet her."

All about ME, ME, ME again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230November 18, 2020 2:56 PM

How much did she donate to the 'Rona vaccine?

by Anonymousreply 231November 18, 2020 2:58 PM

[R230] For longtime fans this sudden, urgent support for abortion rights and racial justice is especially galling. I think it all has to do with her being holed up for months watching cable news (she's said that's what she's been doing). Stevie is far too into herself, her fame and her wealth to seriously consider political matters or the state of society. She's a dope.

by Anonymousreply 232November 18, 2020 5:13 PM

I have told this story before but I worked in the late 80s with a woman from Arizona who used to install and repair cable tv there. One time she was called out to an “emergency” at a ranch house in the desert. She gets there and it’s Stevie Nicks’ house.

Stevie has a belly like a five months pregnant woman and everywhere you look there’s white dust. My ex-colleague is a party girl herself and she knows exactly what that white dust is.

Stevie is very demanding that the cable be fixed pronto because there’s some show she wants to watch. My ex-colleague comes through, but sadly is not offered any cocaine as a thank you.

by Anonymousreply 233November 18, 2020 5:18 PM

I'm sure Ruth Bader Ginsburg was only vaguely aware of who Stevie Nicks is.

by Anonymousreply 234November 18, 2020 5:34 PM

[R223] I wonder what year that would have been. She supposedly got off cocaine in 1985 or 1986, depending on the interview. Why has her belly distended? I remember another thread in which someone described Stevie devouring a whole pie by herself in one sitting.

by Anonymousreply 235November 18, 2020 5:34 PM

[quote] I remember another thread in which someone described Stevie devouring a whole pie by herself in one sitting.

Some pies are quite small but full of vengeance, like the ones my clerks would bring me for lunch in my SCOTUS chambers along with the diet Code Red. No wonder I got ill.

God help you all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236November 19, 2020 12:17 AM

Can’t this demented bitch just DIE already?!

by Anonymousreply 237November 19, 2020 12:52 AM

[quoted] Can’t this demented bitch just DIE already?!

I have alerted my tiptoeing friend: "SN - She was my hero. She fought for me and all. I feel today very much like I felt on the night RBG died. I feel like someone punched me in the stomach. My tears have not stopped since a friend tiptoed into my room and said 'Honey, Stevie died'. (No need for a last name...)."

by Anonymousreply 238November 19, 2020 12:58 AM

My aborted fetuses were saddened to get word of Ruth’s passing. They are with Martin Luther King , Jr and John F. Kennedy and will welcome Ruth with a chorus from Edge of 17.

by Anonymousreply 239November 19, 2020 2:01 PM

lol r239.

by Anonymousreply 240November 20, 2020 1:53 AM

R237 I don't wish her ill will. She and other '70s rock star need to go away though. I'm tired of seeing old ass Rod Stewart and Mick Jagger sauntering around onstage like they're still in their 20s. They are too narcissistic to retire. They need applause like fish need water.

by Anonymousreply 241November 20, 2020 9:33 PM

Old people don't belong on a rock and roll stage! They look stupid and should retire.

by Anonymousreply 242November 20, 2020 10:23 PM

Yes, at some point retirement is definitely in order. Aren't all the members of Fleetwood Mac in their seventies? Retire already, you old farts!

by Anonymousreply 243November 21, 2020 1:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!