Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I always thought the Parker Big Red pen was American iconic

Bit like those yellow legal pads you gurls love so much.

But I don't think I'm right.

Did you ever have one?

Are they still around?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 28, 2020 11:19 PM

Are they still around?? Have you not heard of Google you filthy animal? What is your issue? Why do you even come here? Did you even think about a search?

by Anonymousreply 1October 28, 2020 9:00 PM

My father used them. They were great.

by Anonymousreply 2October 28, 2020 9:44 PM

I had one back when I was in high school, in the 70s. The only boys who ever seemed to own them were in the glee club, or studied French or Art.

by Anonymousreply 3October 28, 2020 10:01 PM

I had them. I loved them.

by Anonymousreply 4October 28, 2020 10:03 PM

I've never heard of a Parker Big Red pen so they can't be that iconic.

by Anonymousreply 5October 28, 2020 10:04 PM

R5 they were very 70’s early 80’s. It looks like they can still be purchased on eBay.

by Anonymousreply 6October 28, 2020 10:06 PM

Thanks for bumping my thread, R1. You sound just like your mother. It's amazing...really it is.

by Anonymousreply 7October 28, 2020 10:10 PM

I vaguely remember having one in the 1970s.

by Anonymousreply 8October 28, 2020 10:12 PM

[quote]The only boys who ever seemed to own them were in the glee club, or studied French or Art.

I get the impression you did all three r3.

by Anonymousreply 9October 28, 2020 10:14 PM

I had stars and stripes one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 28, 2020 10:15 PM

R9, Art class only, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 11October 28, 2020 10:16 PM

Yes, still have several. I used them once, about four dozen as the pen for a business meeting. Kept the leftovers. Later got the pen in blue too. Also like the yellow 14" foolscap pads too. Good for notes .... a scrap of paper hard o lose.

by Anonymousreply 12October 28, 2020 11:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!