Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Queen Nancy Pelosi to Reign Over Washington As Another Blue Wave Approaches

[QUOTE]Pelosi won’t be the party’s leader if Biden wins, but her influence may only grow. The incoming president is expected to rely heavily on the agenda passed by the House that’s been blocked by Trump and McConnell the past two years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20October 27, 2020 12:18 AM

Sad old woman whose time has passed.......give it up, Nancy.

by Anonymousreply 1October 26, 2020 2:47 PM

If it wasn't for Nancy we would be in far worse shape than we are now. She'll only stick around for a while after Biden wins. I don't think she wanted to stay this long but once Trump won last time a number of people put their retirement on hold.

by Anonymousreply 2October 26, 2020 2:52 PM

I think she’ll be sticking around for a lot longer than we think. She loves the crown, and nobody in line for the throne could wear it better than her anyway. Just like that other Queen.

by Anonymousreply 3October 26, 2020 2:56 PM

YASSS QWEEEN FIERCE!!!!! SPILL THAT TEA!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4October 26, 2020 2:57 PM

Uhh, I meant Queen in the literal sense, R4. As in female ruler.

by Anonymousreply 5October 26, 2020 3:00 PM

She needs to move on. The Democrats need to make a clear show of advancing a new generation of leadership.

by Anonymousreply 6October 26, 2020 3:12 PM

She worked hard for it, god knows. The Squad can't say anything. They wouldn't have been able to manage the last four years as well as Pelosi.

by Anonymousreply 7October 26, 2020 3:20 PM

I like Nancy. She's a bigly fan of mine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 26, 2020 3:21 PM

Lol. Blue wave. If you only get your news from the left hype machine you aren’t thinking for yourself. Get your tissues out. There is no blue wave coming y’all. It’s gonna be close as shit.

by Anonymousreply 9October 26, 2020 3:21 PM

The margins don’t matter, R9. What matters is who wins.

by Anonymousreply 10October 26, 2020 3:33 PM

Ugh - bite your tongue, OP. Nancy Pelosi is another ruthless, career politician. She's held up relief benefits, cares about political games more than people, and is the poster girl for champagne liberal "let them eat cake or $12/pint ice cream."

by Anonymousreply 11October 26, 2020 3:38 PM

What relief benefits has she held up, R11?

by Anonymousreply 12October 26, 2020 3:41 PM

The benefits that are being held up with extended unemployment and the extra $300-$400 week for people out of work due to the pandemic is being held up by Pelosi with 2 major sticking points with the GOP - financial assistance for illegal immigrants and a hold harmless for businesses should an employee catch Covid on the job. With Americans suffering, they are the ones who should benefit first and foremost. I don't like the second clause about holding employers harmless, but it's getting difficult to trace the source with the amount of community spread. If that is a deal breaker, she could pass an interim deal and then renegotiate once the democrats take the WH. It would be a political gain if now a week (it's been months) before elections, Americans received $1200 stimulus checks w/ DJT's name on it and the back payments on unemployment began.

by Anonymousreply 13October 26, 2020 3:49 PM

National Treasure !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 26, 2020 5:27 PM

A premier cunt of the very first order.

by Anonymousreply 15October 26, 2020 5:42 PM

She had better vote to expand the Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 16October 26, 2020 5:49 PM

Pelosi is not a queen.

Pelosi's a warrior who has stood between the outgoing shitshow and total fucking chaos during these past never-ending 4 years.

She doesn't represent my state but if it hadn't been for her advocacy in Congress, I would not have been able to make it through to the other side (of quarantine) financially.

Pelosi advocated and got an additional 600 dollars (per week) in unemployment benefits for those of us who were laid off.

600 (per week) x 4 weeks = 2400 USD monthly2400 x 5 (months) = 12,000 USD

That 12,000 USD sum is in addition to your state's UEI benefits and the piddling one time 1200 USD payment.

We have no idea how long the economy will take to recover after the destruction of this administration.

The Bush administration's destruction resulted in a 10 year economic downturn. Many jobs lost during the Bush admin have never returned.

If you are smart, you have paid your bills with your UEI benefits and salted the rest away. If you're a party animal who wants to get drunk and high, you drank it all up or smoked it all up and you will be fucked sooner rather than later.

Pelosi also advocated for FREE covid testing.

These tests are not easy to come by.

The feds purposely put the brakes on testing saying more tests= more positive cases.

The feds want to keep the stock market gains high by keeping known infection and death rates of covid lower.

Their interference means 8 months from the initial outbreak, we now have an uptick of infection and deaths with no end in sight to this nightmare until this administration is removed from office.

by Anonymousreply 17October 26, 2020 11:55 PM

God I hope we have all three branches. We need to get shit done.

by Anonymousreply 18October 26, 2020 11:58 PM

She's a fucking badass who is probably the most strategic thinker in DC. Experience and institutional knowledge are important and she hasn't demonstrated that she's too old for the job (unlike Dianne Feinstein).

Or we can just turn over governance to AOC, a first termer just because she's not north of 60 and we're ageist.

by Anonymousreply 19October 27, 2020 12:03 AM

AOC has to fall in line behind warriors like the Speaker who have been on the battle field. Pukkkes close ranks for the good of the party, Dems don't know how to do this.

by Anonymousreply 20October 27, 2020 12:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!