Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Slender Man urban legend - WHY is it so popular among young girls?

I know Slender Man is a thing everywhere, but it seems to be predominant amongst girls, especially junior high and high school age. Slender Man has been the cause of murders, attempted murders and scandals around the world, often involving young females. Is there a reason it seems to resonate with that particular demographic?

by Anonymousreply 19October 26, 2020 10:34 AM

It’s slightly sexy.

by Anonymousreply 1October 25, 2020 6:44 PM

They wish to be slender themselves, so they admire his control over eating.

by Anonymousreply 2October 25, 2020 6:46 PM

Girls like tall skinny white boys. And long slender dicks are not scary. Girls like thinness.

by Anonymousreply 3October 25, 2020 6:46 PM

They admire his "thigh gap"

by Anonymousreply 4October 25, 2020 6:49 PM

Maybe it's the same mass hysteria thing like the little Salem twats were instigating.

by Anonymousreply 5October 25, 2020 6:51 PM

Because it isn’t a legend. Slender Man preys on young girls so that’s why they’re the ones encountering him the most. It’s a stupid question. That’s like asking why girls haven’t ever encountered Jeffrey Dahmer.

by Anonymousreply 6October 25, 2020 6:53 PM

Slender Man is better than no man.

by Anonymousreply 7October 25, 2020 7:00 PM

What year is this?

by Anonymousreply 8October 25, 2020 7:02 PM

The outgrow Slender Man and become Q-Anoners, OP.

by Anonymousreply 9October 25, 2020 7:02 PM

Same reason Burning Man is popular among liberals.

by Anonymousreply 10October 25, 2020 7:05 PM

Slender man equals:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 25, 2020 7:13 PM

Around the world? I thought it was a very american thing

by Anonymousreply 12October 25, 2020 7:32 PM

As I posted on Reddit some time ago, it started with a German 50's movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 25, 2020 7:52 PM

I thought Slenderman began on Creepypasta as a fictional story. Who knows where the poster got the idea, but I doubt it was from an obscure German film, more likely a campfire story which was passed around. In a similar vein, it's always odd to read/hear stories of the Hat Man, a supposedly dark and ominous figure which appears while you drowsing off the sleep but which was never heard of decades ago but now many people claim to have seen and experienced.

by Anonymousreply 14October 25, 2020 7:57 PM

It probably has something to do with masturbation, like their weird thing for horses.

by Anonymousreply 15October 25, 2020 8:01 PM

Wasn’t this popular 20 years ago?

by Anonymousreply 16October 25, 2020 8:22 PM

[quote] Around the world? I thought it was a very american thing

Not only that, it’s an *old* American thing.

by Anonymousreply 17October 25, 2020 8:24 PM

Wasn't it only for sexually-repressed bourgeois brats of the oughts brainwashed to aspire to elite colleges? And didn't the ones who feared Slender Men wearing smokey Prada and Jil Sander go to Brown?

by Anonymousreply 18October 25, 2020 9:55 PM

R16 more like 8.

by Anonymousreply 19October 26, 2020 10:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!