Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Favorite Remixes

I love this little-known Jennifer Holliday mix.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 18, 2020 4:01 AM

Junior Vasquez, Thunderpuss 2000, and Hex Hector were the holy trinity of remixers in the late '90s/early '00s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 25, 2020 7:07 AM

I love the late '90s/early '00s Hex Hector mixes. Nobody's Supposed to Be Here, Things Just Ain't the Same, Unbreak My Heart, Waiting for Tonight.

This period was really the last hurrah for dance clubs, in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 2October 25, 2020 7:26 AM

I lurved this one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 25, 2020 7:31 AM

Mashups are cool too. This one of Mariah’s “Slipping Away” is set to Dua Lipa’s “Physical” track.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 25, 2020 4:10 PM

That YouTube channel has a lot of great mash ups with Mariah songs. This one is “we belong together” set to a Bruno Mars ballad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 25, 2020 4:14 PM

That YouTube channel has a lot of great mash ups with Mariah songs. This one is “we belong together” set to a Bruno Mars ballad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 25, 2020 4:14 PM

My reply is very "basic bitch," but so be it: Armand Van Helden's 1996 remix of Tori Amos' "Professional Widow"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 25, 2020 5:37 PM

Kelly Rowland's Work remix is better than the original.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 16, 2020 1:12 AM

I'll love almost every mix of LaToya Jackson's 'Just Wanna Dance' until I'm gone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 16, 2020 1:23 AM

Never been a "Lamb" and I've avoided Mariah's music for the most part over the last 20 plus years. But I recently rediscovered the Clivillés & Cole Remix of 'Emotions' and it's been fucking me up. Bravo to everyone involved in this masterpiece!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 16, 2020 1:38 AM

'Cleopatra's Theme (Booker T's Mass Fusion Lick)' by Cleopatra. I loved this Booker T. remix of this forgotten late 90s hit back in the day. It was a staple on DirecTV's MusicChoice Dance channel back then. I still remember buying the US Maxi single from Sam Goody and being PISSED that this wasn't on it. LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 16, 2020 1:46 AM

This Ben Liebrand Remix of TLC's 'Ain't 2 Proud 2 Beg' takes me back to 1992, listening to it on John Garabedian's Open House Party on the radio. I also had the 12" on vinyl. LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 16, 2020 1:57 AM

Thunderpuss sounds so fucking dated. Horrible. Didn't much like that kind of sound back then, however. But it was everywhere. Joey Negro and Tom Moulton mixes still sound glamorous to me.

In another genre I like the song Break 4 Love and this is a good downtempo mix from quite many years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 16, 2020 2:28 AM

Here's the original. East Village 80s boys, you remember this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 16, 2020 2:35 AM

Pet Shop Boys - Always On My Mind (Extended Dance Version)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 16, 2020 2:58 PM

Always liked the Masters at Work remix of BeBe Winans' Thank You.

by Anonymousreply 16December 17, 2020 9:01 PM

[quote]This Ben Liebrand Remix of TLC's 'Ain't 2 Proud 2 Beg' takes me back to 1992

I like the remixes Ben Liebrand did for Salt 'n Pepa

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 17, 2020 9:12 PM

love that R15

this one is awesome

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 17, 2020 9:34 PM

I LOVE this 1980s inspired remix of Katy Perry's 'California Gurls'! It would have been even more authentic if the remixer had scratched Snoop's rap, in favor of an 80s-style synth/drum machine/sax breakdown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 18, 2020 3:41 AM

Depeche Mode - Halo (Goldfrapp Remix)

DM collaborated with the English electronic music duo Goldfrapp to take a great song into a new dimension with this remix.

[italic]You wear guilt. Like shackles on your feet. Like a halo in reverse.[/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 18, 2020 4:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!