Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

TIA?

The other day I was driving & I forgot how to turn off my left turn signal. It was raining and my windshield wipers were on.8 kept trying to turn off my signal & kept changing the windshield wiper speed. Then I turned on my car lights & then my bright lights trying to turn the signal off. This lasted for about 2 minutes until I remembered where my turning signal was & how to turn it off. I’ve had the car for 15 years.

Does that sound like a TIA?

by Anonymousreply 8October 25, 2020 4:48 AM

Go see a doctor, OP. Find out what happened. Take care.

by Anonymousreply 1October 25, 2020 4:15 AM

Thanks In Advance?

by Anonymousreply 2October 25, 2020 4:15 AM

TIA = Transient Ischemic Attack, sometimes called a mini-stroke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 25, 2020 4:18 AM

Well, driving is distracting. Sometimes I have to turn things on and off, too. Usually you do it automatically, but if I have to think about it, it can get jumbled.

by Anonymousreply 4October 25, 2020 4:23 AM

Sounds like the early signs of dementia. I’d talk to my doctor and then consult my closest relative or friend to let them know I have some (possibly premature) worries about my neuropathic health.

by Anonymousreply 5October 25, 2020 4:24 AM

Sounds like brain worms, OP.

by Anonymousreply 6October 25, 2020 4:43 AM

Get a brain scan.

by Anonymousreply 7October 25, 2020 4:46 AM

I've known how to hand-tie a bowtie for over thirty years. While I don't wear one all the time, I've tied it hundreds of times. Last week I started to put it on and couldn't get it started. I had worn it the day before and had no trouble. I thought looking in the mirror while I tied it was screwing me up, but then couldn't even recall if I usually looked in the mirror while doing it. I got very anxious.

I sat down and just thought about it for awhile and then I remembered, but WTF! I'm in my late 50s and caught a glimpse of old age. I think it's anxiety more than memory itself.

by Anonymousreply 8October 25, 2020 4:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!