Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I waited over 4 hours to vote today!

Here in my hometown of Brooklyn, NY. After this, Trump better lose!!!

by Anonymousreply 38October 28, 2020 12:04 AM

Did you vote people??

by Anonymousreply 1October 25, 2020 2:26 AM

I walked to the ballot drop box two blocks away this morning, put my ballot through the slot, and walked back home. It took 10 minutes. Jealous?

by Anonymousreply 2October 25, 2020 2:28 AM

I mailed my ballot a week ago. Two stamps, no line.

by Anonymousreply 3October 25, 2020 2:30 AM

Like Timmy Chalamet said today, many people are going in person because Trump and his followers are doing all they can to delegitimize the mail in votes, so it’s best to do it in person so no one can say anything or claim it was fraud.

by Anonymousreply 4October 25, 2020 2:32 AM

California, mailed it back, no postage necessary, the day I got it. Biden/Harris and Ruiz for Congress.

by Anonymousreply 5October 25, 2020 2:34 AM

This was my neighborhood in Brooklyn this morning as they headed down the parkway for a rally.

Disgusting. Secretly hoping that there are beat downs and these MAGA loving turds lose teeth today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 25, 2020 4:37 PM

Just vote by mail.

by Anonymousreply 7October 25, 2020 4:43 PM

I had thought about doing early voting by mail but decided to go in person. I did early voting in person the day after it started in my state. There is only one location per county. I live in one of the more densely populated counties and had seen the long lines from the day before on the news. I had the day off work so I figured it didn't matter. I waited until late morning, and it took maybe 20 minutes from joining the line outside, to driving away afterward.

by Anonymousreply 8October 25, 2020 4:45 PM

STFU R7. Why are you even here if you have nothing of substance to contribute?

You’re a piece of shit and probably a Trump loving one at that.

FF and die in a grease fire.

Is that dramatic enough for you?

by Anonymousreply 9October 25, 2020 4:54 PM

No, Bubby. We've waited four YEARS to vote.

by Anonymousreply 10October 25, 2020 5:19 PM

Please vote Trump. We need a border and police. We don't need our cities and forests burning.

by Anonymousreply 11October 25, 2020 5:27 PM

Wait, were we allowed to vote by mail in NY? I thought you had to prove medically that we couldn't (even with covid going on) show up to vote. Isn't that why most of us can't vote by-mail here? Because they make us jump through hoops to be allowed to do so.

by Anonymousreply 12October 25, 2020 5:35 PM

R6, which neighborhood? And considering I see orthodox Jews, particularly laughable considering they're all fraudsters on Medicaid.

by Anonymousreply 13October 25, 2020 5:40 PM

Kensington R13. They were coming off the Prospect Expressway headed down to Marine Park.

by Anonymousreply 14October 25, 2020 5:45 PM

You can vote by mail in NY R12. Tuesday is the last day that you can request an absentee ballot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 25, 2020 5:47 PM

R15, thank you. I seriously thought that even with Covid, we were one of those states that still made it impossible to vote by-mail if we didn't have a medical condition. God damn, I wish I knew.

Marine Park, R14? No surprise. Joining up with the former USSR medicaid fraudsters and the gindaloons

by Anonymousreply 16October 25, 2020 5:49 PM

I’ve had my absentee ballot for a while R16 but I am still planning to vote in person on Election Day.

by Anonymousreply 17October 25, 2020 5:59 PM

May i ask why, R17? Do you not trust mail-in?

by Anonymousreply 18October 25, 2020 6:00 PM

That’s exactly why R18. My local post office has been terrible for years.

I will bring the absentee ballot with me in case there are any issues at my polling place. If there are, I will put it in a drop box or bring it to the board of elections.

by Anonymousreply 19October 25, 2020 6:06 PM

I understand perfectly, R19. I think I may do the same depending on how long the line is at my polling station. I appreciate the link. I just applied for my absentee.

by Anonymousreply 20October 25, 2020 6:09 PM

In Georgia it’s taking over two weeks after mailing for people’s absentee ballots to get logged into the system as received. Then it’s another week or so before the ballot is actually verified and entered into the system. When she learned this my friend changed her mind about voting by absentee ballot!

My friend brought her absentee ballot with her to the early voting station the other day. The poll worker gave her an affidavit which she signed saying that she wants to vote in person - then she tore up her absentee ballot in front of the poll worker and they disposed of it. After that they gave her a voting card and she was able to vote in person.

Personally I’ve been planning to vote in person the whole time. I don’t trust the absentee ballot stuff, it’s too easy for things to get lost in the mail and then you’re out of luck.

by Anonymousreply 21October 25, 2020 6:10 PM

Sorry you had to wait so long, OP.

I hand delivered my ballot to the election office last month.

That was a first for me. I didn't want to end up being sick on election day and not being able to vote in person.

by Anonymousreply 22October 25, 2020 6:13 PM

[quote] Like Timmy Chalamet said today

Oh well if Chalamet says it... 🙄

by Anonymousreply 23October 25, 2020 6:42 PM

LOL, R23

by Anonymousreply 24October 25, 2020 6:44 PM

R23 he’s an American treasure

by Anonymousreply 25October 25, 2020 6:54 PM

Dropped my ballot at one of a dozen county drop boxes Thursday.

Received a text notification Friday afternoon that my ballot had been accepted and would be counted.

Now we wait.

by Anonymousreply 26October 25, 2020 7:01 PM

Outer boro guidos are big trumpkins. That’s why the cops love trump — they’re a bunch of wops these days.

by Anonymousreply 27October 25, 2020 7:11 PM

I dropped off my absentee ballot at the Clerk's office a few weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 28October 25, 2020 8:41 PM

You and me both, OP. 😊 So relieved to have it done. I’m a native Brooklynite too.

To the poster above: we can vote absentee with Covid as the medical reason. I ordered a ballot in case things went seriously south, but there was some screw up with the printing that I never quite grasped, but long story short, I got a SECOND ballot. After that, I decided no matter what, I was voting in person, and I did. They told me to destroy the two absentee ballots, btw.

by Anonymousreply 29October 25, 2020 8:48 PM

The Orthodox car Trump rally rolled up Third Avenue in Manhattan a couple of hours ago. They were heckled by everyone on the sidewalks. Lots of middle fingers and “Fuck YOU”s by people outside Levain Bakery. It was most satisfying.

by Anonymousreply 30October 25, 2020 9:10 PM

Biden has won. Wait four hours for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 31October 26, 2020 3:02 PM

Only a fool would vote against Trump. And history shows there are way more fools than wise men. Biden is slick and polished but he represents chaos. The vp will be in charge and she wants the police defunded and the border opened with Mexico. Trump did not make a single misstep in four years so the media made up Russian conspiracy. Trump was perfect but that did not matter to the liberal media

by Anonymousreply 32October 26, 2020 4:44 PM

R32 THEN LEAVE NYC.

by Anonymousreply 33October 26, 2020 7:03 PM

Boris r32 😂

by Anonymousreply 34October 26, 2020 7:11 PM

You should be grateful!

by Anonymousreply 35October 26, 2020 7:16 PM

The better the president; the more people hate him. Trump made the tough decisions. I wish he had brought in tanks to crush blm.

by Anonymousreply 36October 27, 2020 2:05 AM

R36 Yes, that pinnacle of Democracy that we hold most high - duly elected Presidents ordering tanks to “crush”citizens exercising their Constitutionally-guaranteed right to protest/freedom of assembly.

by Anonymousreply 37October 27, 2020 2:45 AM

Assume nothing. Vote.

by Anonymousreply 38October 28, 2020 12:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!