Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I’m sex repulsed and in TV shows

when they talk about sex so much so casually and have lots of sex scenes it makes me angry because they’re there for no reason other than to make the show seem more ‘adult’ and it makes me feel not normal because I’d never be comfortable talking about that stuff like that. It makes me feel like everyone want to have so much sex and I’m so weird. I wish I was normal

by Anonymousreply 21October 25, 2020 5:15 AM

Sounds like you are asexual.

by Anonymousreply 1October 25, 2020 12:27 AM

few tv shows do sex right. I'm picky and want it to feel real, and most tv is so badly done, acted, filmed, etc....unless you kinda squint and pretend for them

by Anonymousreply 2October 25, 2020 12:31 AM

You should probably see a psychologist.

by Anonymousreply 3October 25, 2020 12:31 AM

OP Is it only or mainly heteros? Perhaps you're slightly heterophobic. I think this can be somewhat natural for gay blokes. Some people are easily embarrassed watching romantic or sexual content with others. Do you feel the same watching alone?

by Anonymousreply 4October 25, 2020 12:31 AM

Watch Hallmark movies. No sex at all, even implied.

by Anonymousreply 5October 25, 2020 12:33 AM

R5 Great call.

by Anonymousreply 6October 25, 2020 12:33 AM

Yes,...you're a fucking freak OP and a bitchy fat frau.

by Anonymousreply 7October 25, 2020 12:35 AM

I do agree that sex scenes get thrown in for a lot of shows for no real reason plot wise. Though I guess few will be relevant to plot.

by Anonymousreply 8October 25, 2020 12:36 AM

Then you can always watch [italic]Leave it to Beaver[/italic] reruns.

by Anonymousreply 9October 25, 2020 12:37 AM

OP thinks he's hilarious. He's an evil cunt.

by Anonymousreply 10October 25, 2020 12:39 AM

I don't know why EVERY show on TV seems to have to have these gratuitous sex scenes; a lot of them have absolutely NOTHING to do with the plot.

Even sitcoms that are family oriented. It's too much sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 11October 25, 2020 12:42 AM

So according to your thread title you're in TV shows. Which TV shows are you in?

by Anonymousreply 12October 25, 2020 12:45 AM

What's not normal is watching other people kissing and having sex (outside of a bedroom or bathhouse). Our culture is a psychologically sick sewer.

by Anonymousreply 13October 25, 2020 12:50 AM

Sometimes when a scene is really drawn put, and the people are unattractive to me I feel similarly.

by Anonymousreply 14October 25, 2020 12:51 AM

^ drawn out

by Anonymousreply 15October 25, 2020 12:53 AM

You're not normal OP. Get help.

by Anonymousreply 16October 25, 2020 12:54 AM

It's a machine. Turn it off if it's bothering you.

by Anonymousreply 17October 25, 2020 12:55 AM

OP = incel

by Anonymousreply 18October 25, 2020 12:58 AM

Normal people enjoy both explicit sex and gory violence in television and movies.

by Anonymousreply 19October 25, 2020 1:03 AM

R18 But they usually want it, and enjoy talking about it, don't they? I think OP may simply be shy and repressed. Someone to talk to may be sound advice, as he may have been molested or experienced some trauma growing up. Asexual is a real phenomenon too; I suppose.

OP elaborate on your own sexual history a bit, if it's not too uncomfortable for you. I'm curious if you do feel asexual. Do you get feelings of desire? Do you wank?

by Anonymousreply 20October 25, 2020 1:04 AM

I've said this elsewhere, but to me any scene that doesn't either advance the plot or develop characters can seem boring to me, unless it's a particularly beautiful piece of filming I guess, and because sex scenes are used so often now merely to titillate the viewers, I find a lot of them unnecessary and off-putting. And I'm a sex-positive, open kinda guy. So it may be nothing to do with repression? And most shows don't ever portray sex the way it really is - that is as something really fun, enjoyable, funny etc. It doesn't seem relatable because it's nearly always shown in a negative light, or with a dark tone. People filling a void in themselves, using each other, deceiving each other.

Sex scenes often work better as a part of farce, I feel.

by Anonymousreply 21October 25, 2020 5:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!