Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump Loving Fox Anchor Lou Dobbs Throws Miz Lindsey Under a Bus!

He said "I don't know why anyone in the great state of South Carolina would ever vote for Lindsey Graham"

Thoughts on what might be going on there?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55October 25, 2020 5:45 AM

I love it when they turn on each other but Dobbs is a Trump sycophant so is Lindsay...maybe they're competing for his affection?

by Anonymousreply 1October 24, 2020 1:04 PM

I'm no defender of The Senatrice, but Lou Dobbs came out of his mother's cooch as a misanthrope, so it's no surprise he is acting this way.

by Anonymousreply 2October 24, 2020 1:07 PM

Lou doesnt approve of the man going up into the man.

by Anonymousreply 3October 24, 2020 1:08 PM

The hair dye has seeped into Lou's already addled brain.

by Anonymousreply 4October 24, 2020 1:11 PM

I'm with r3.

by Anonymousreply 5October 24, 2020 1:13 PM

Who cares? On Fox it might be just enough to keep just enough Graham voters home.

by Anonymousreply 6October 24, 2020 1:14 PM

You have to wonder, did Trump put Dobbs up to it? Is Trumpy resigned to going down and taking his revenge?

by Anonymousreply 7October 24, 2020 1:15 PM

[quote]Lou doesnt approve of the man going up into the man.

I can't imagine Lou approving of the man going up into anyone or anything.

by Anonymousreply 8October 24, 2020 1:15 PM

My guess is Trump made him do it because Lindsay isn’t moving on the made up Obamagate scandal

by Anonymousreply 9October 24, 2020 1:16 PM

This is the sort of stuff you always see during a campaign collapse. When all the chief players abandon the playbook weeks before Election Day it’s nothing but chaos behind the scenes. And not Trump created chaos, but the kind that comes from desperation and fatigue.

You have to remember, if there’s a blue wave, FOX news has to retrench. That puts all their ‘personalities’ at risk.

by Anonymousreply 10October 24, 2020 1:22 PM

Right-wingers are always looking for scapegoats when they fail or ways to concentrate power. So they start to eat their own.

Plus, there must be tons of homophobic Republicans who don’t want a closet homo on their side.

Flip-flopping from #1 McCain suckup to #1 Trump suckip is not a good look, either.

by Anonymousreply 11October 24, 2020 1:27 PM

You are either a McCain Republican or a Trump Republican, you cant be both sides of the same coin.

by Anonymousreply 12October 24, 2020 1:29 PM

This is intriguing, there is definitely something more going on than meets the eye. As someone said above, Trump is involved. Probably on a mission to take as many prisoners with him. Unfortunately for them, they slept with the wrong bedfellow.

by Anonymousreply 13October 24, 2020 1:32 PM

Yashar Ali said Dobbs has always hated Lady G. I assume it's R3 has it right.

by Anonymousreply 14October 24, 2020 1:34 PM

Would they need to retrench though R10?

I thought Fox's gravy years were during Obama, when they could be the voice of the opposition.

Wouldn't they do the same to Biden?

by Anonymousreply 15October 24, 2020 1:34 PM

There WILL be a “blue wave.”

But Fox doesn’t have to “retrench” because they have a vast viewership base of American Nazis who don’t want to hear real news.

Fox is only going to have to admit that Biden won the election to keep raking that muck. Everything else can be Fake News and strawmen.

The only reality Fox will have to adjust to is losing the ratings as soon as the Baby Boomers die— which is happening even faster now thanks to their COVID neglect.

by Anonymousreply 16October 24, 2020 1:35 PM

The only three Republicans who offered some opposition to Trump were Romney, Murkowski, and Collins. The rest of them like the Senatrice chose to lick his ass, so they deserve what’s coming to them.

by Anonymousreply 17October 24, 2020 1:36 PM

I agree with R15.

Fox's audience would increase under a Biden presidency because all of those people are going to need somewhere to go to have their stupidity validated.

by Anonymousreply 18October 24, 2020 1:38 PM

Fox is losing viewership because the son took over and is more liberal than the father. Sean Hannity has already said he's leaving when his contract is up. Tucker Carlson will be the lone conservative as the network shifts left.

by Anonymousreply 19October 24, 2020 1:44 PM

Not sure the current Fox demographic is a renewable one; if they know it's longevity is restricted, pure economics will drive them more towards the centre.

by Anonymousreply 20October 24, 2020 1:48 PM

You mean closer to...oh I don't know....reality, r20?

by Anonymousreply 21October 24, 2020 1:53 PM

I don't know how Fox is able to go on TV and spew lies and misinformation without any penalty of law. Is it all opinion?

by Anonymousreply 22October 24, 2020 2:03 PM

Well, Fox News recently won a lawsuit by arguing that "no reasonable viewer" would take Tucker Carlson seriously. The judge agreed, saying that "given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive[s] with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statements he makes."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 24, 2020 2:07 PM

As several TV analysts have pointed out lately, Fox News is also fucked going forward because they have no ties to any streaming service.

It's expected that most viewing will be on streaming in the next five years and all of their rivals are tied in with a bigger service that includes entertainment (e.g., MSNBC and Peacock)

by Anonymousreply 24October 24, 2020 2:16 PM

As R3 and others have said, Lou Dobbs is a horrid anti-gay asshole, so I'm sure he can't stand Ms. Graham for that reason (and probably others).

Even party allegiance doesn't rank higher than homophobia (and racism) in that party.

by Anonymousreply 25October 24, 2020 2:21 PM

lou dobbs is INSANE..... just a few days ago, he LITERALLY stated OUT loud, ON AIR, that "president trump is the greatest president since george washington"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dobbs like trump isn't even a man, isn't worthy of being a piece of shit, but is literally a evil "thing"...

by Anonymousreply 26October 24, 2020 2:25 PM

Dobbs insanity aside, given that the Senate is in play and Graham's seat is by no means safe, WTF is he thinking?

A Democrat-run House and Senate + President Biden gives him more things to go off about which leads to higher ratings?

by Anonymousreply 27October 24, 2020 2:29 PM

R19, not true. The rest of their lineup is just as deplorable as Carlson. They cater to a certain demographic and they’ll continue to so since it makes them lots of money. They will not move left as long as there are right wing nuts who have no where else to go.

by Anonymousreply 28October 24, 2020 2:33 PM

I guess we've officially hit the boar feeding time in the Trump Movie...

Mason Verger : Cordell, shoot him! Get the gun and shoot him!

Cordell Doemling (Cordell is standing behind Mason's wheelchair on a ledge overlooking the wild boar) : Go into the pen?

Mason Verger : Yes!

Cordell Doemling : No, I'm staying out of this.

Mason Verger : You're involved, is what you are, in all of it! Now do it!

Cordell Doemling : No.

Mason Verger : Yes!

Hannibal Lecter : Hey, Cordell! Why don't you push him in? You can always say it was me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29October 24, 2020 3:01 PM

Lindz is losing, so he’s officially a loser. Trump can’t hang with losers.

by Anonymousreply 30October 24, 2020 3:05 PM

Fox is going to be fine, no matter who wins, but if Biden is the winner they now have their narrative for the next 4 years and that's Hunter. I almost feel bad for ole Hunter because if he thinks his life is under a microscope now, just you watch. If he even breathes funny, the right wing media will be all over it.

Hunter is their birth certificate, their Vince Foster, their Paula Jones/Monica Lewinsky

by Anonymousreply 31October 24, 2020 3:15 PM

CUNT ON CUNT VIOLENCE!!!

by Anonymousreply 32October 24, 2020 3:26 PM

No R31

Both Fox News and the WSJ have reported that the Hunter thing is all smoke and no fire.

They will quickly forget about it as they will have much easier and juicier prey-- AOC and Bernie's role in the new administration/new Congress in particular will rile their Olds up way more than Hunter

by Anonymousreply 33October 24, 2020 3:39 PM

If Biden wins, Fox nighttime anchors will just ramp up their persecution complex theatrics.

by Anonymousreply 34October 24, 2020 3:53 PM

apparently when La Sentrice licks trump's balls, he misses some spots, to lou's outrage

by Anonymousreply 35October 24, 2020 3:57 PM

R33, no. They made Obama's birth certificate a story for almost 4 years in spite of it being bullshit. Hunter and corruption will be narrative. Watch.

AOC and Bernie are just the side bogeymen.

by Anonymousreply 36October 24, 2020 4:03 PM

Hunter really isn't that interesting. They tried to stir up crap and it failed. Besides, he's not the one running for President. Ivanka and Jared have lots more actual shit that they've been responsible for. Hunter's too bland to keep that narrative going which is good for Hunter ultimately.

by Anonymousreply 37October 24, 2020 4:14 PM

I agree with R3 as well. Shit, does that mean I have to feel sorry for Lindsey now?

by Anonymousreply 38October 24, 2020 4:22 PM

I hope you are right r37 because I feel bad for Hunter as it is.

by Anonymousreply 39October 24, 2020 4:48 PM

I've always said addicts are boring

You could be right, r37

by Anonymousreply 40October 24, 2020 4:56 PM

Also the birther thing was too out there for Fox, after an initial burst they moved on to things like The Tan Suit and Birtherism went down on the fringes.

by Anonymousreply 41October 24, 2020 5:20 PM

Also, Fox will know, reasonably, that Biden is more popular with their viewers than Obama or HRC and that Biden is a one term wonder so there's less return on attacking him full time.

They will attack the heirs as much, maybe more... Harris, certainly, depends on who else is credibly in the pipeline... but Harris can expect a lot of grief. The Veep would no matter who got the nod.

The goal will be to make all Dems the enemy for the midterms... expect far more AO-she devil than Biden.

by Anonymousreply 42October 24, 2020 5:31 PM

I don't mean this to offend anybody, but some of you guys clearly either have amnesia or totally underestimate the ability of Fox News to get in the gutter and make something out of absolutely nothing. And do you really think that the 41% who have stuck by Trump through thick and thin are just going to disappear? These people are going to get worse. Oh and start planning to hear the Republicans care about the deficit again. And political norms again. Oh and don't forget to bookmark the monthly NYT articles about how things are really bad for working class white Trump voters again.

by Anonymousreply 43October 24, 2020 5:41 PM

[quote]I don't know how Fox is able to go on TV and spew lies and misinformation without any penalty of law. Is it all opinion?

Perhaps you're unaware of a little thing called the First Amendment?

by Anonymousreply 44October 24, 2020 6:23 PM

I'm kind of like fuck the working class white Trump voters....fuck them right in the ass. I don't care to ever hear about them again. Fuck the NYT too.

by Anonymousreply 45October 24, 2020 7:22 PM

We'll still be hearing about Hillary's emails and Benghazi for a long time to come while Dump and his offspring are quietly indicted, put on trial and sent off to prison.

by Anonymousreply 46October 24, 2020 7:59 PM

[quote]Fox is losing viewership because the son took over and is more liberal than the father.

Not true. Lachlan Murdock who's in charge is like the old man. James Murdock is the more liberal one but he resigned from News Corp.

by Anonymousreply 47October 25, 2020 12:23 AM

^^Murdoch

by Anonymousreply 48October 25, 2020 12:23 AM

[quote]Both Fox News and the WSJ have reported that the Hunter thing is all smoke and no fire.

That's not true.

Fox News may have passed on the initial 'revelation' in favor of another Murdoch media but they are amplifying it plenty. WSJ is playing both hands.

by Anonymousreply 49October 25, 2020 12:27 AM

Just heard on CNN that Thursday in Nashville at a fundraiser Trumpy said that the Senate is lost. He is quoted as saying some of those senators I can’t help and some of them I don’t want to. Make that what you will in this context.

by Anonymousreply 50October 25, 2020 1:03 AM

It is true R49

Fox News's news team found it was nothing. The quasi-news opinion people are pushing it.

There are huge battles between WSJ news and editorial that are mirrored to a lesser degree on Fox.

And yes R50, it's in WaPo -- see link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51October 25, 2020 3:07 AM

I thought Lou Dobbs had been dead for like 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 52October 25, 2020 3:08 AM

His brain has been, R52.

by Anonymousreply 53October 25, 2020 3:27 AM

Does Lou Dobbs also hate Miss Rick Grinnell, traitorous douche bag and Log Cabin republican member?

by Anonymousreply 54October 25, 2020 4:02 AM

[quote] Fox News recently won a lawsuit by committing perjury.

Fixed that for you, r23.

by Anonymousreply 55October 25, 2020 5:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!