Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Biden Calls Transgender Discrimination 'Civil Rights Issue of Our Time'

Vice President Joe Biden spoke with a woman at a campaign event Tuesday in Sarasota, Fla., telling her that discrimination against transgender people is the “civil rights issue of our time.”

The woman, Linda Carragher Bourne, said something inaudible to the Vice President, to which Biden responded with the words, “civil rights issue of our time,” according to a pool report. Bourne later told reports that her daughter was Miss Trans New England and she had asked if the Vice President would help

"A lot of my friends are being killed, and they don't have the civil rights yet. These guys are gonna make it happen," Bourne told the pool about the Democratic ticket.

Vice President Biden has shown a track record of speaking his mind on LGBT issues. He said he was “absolutely comfortable” with marriage equality in May, three days before President Barack Obama announced his personal support. The Vice President’s statement is widely acknowledged to have moved up the President’s timeline

Last August, Vice President Biden met with a group of LGBT advocates in Provincetown, Mass. and said they were “freeing the souls of the American people,” while he credited them with advancing the “civil rights of every straight American

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139October 29, 2020 2:44 PM

It's not even the civil rights issue of the minute.

by Anonymousreply 1October 24, 2020 3:13 AM

Smh

I’m so sick of ignorant straight white men (in dresses or otherwise) cheerleading for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 2October 24, 2020 3:16 AM

He's a dim-witted puppet, desperate to be accepted by the activists, unknowing of what he is truly saying.

by Anonymousreply 3October 24, 2020 3:17 AM

He’s right

by Anonymousreply 4October 24, 2020 3:18 AM

Joe really needs to be careful whom he listen to. It most assuredly is NOT the civil rights issue of our time. He's probably afraid of his age making him seem out of touch, and he's getting some bad advice on how to look au courant.

by Anonymousreply 5October 24, 2020 3:19 AM

*listens*

by Anonymousreply 6October 24, 2020 3:19 AM

Yikes, let's not repeat that shall we.

by Anonymousreply 7October 24, 2020 3:21 AM

Like a lot of straights, Biden feels guilty over being anti same-sex marriage for so long and believes supporting trans is a means of making up for his past positions.

Doesn’t work that way Joe. But then a lot of straights also seem to think all MTFs are harmless effeminate gay men too.

by Anonymousreply 8October 24, 2020 3:24 AM

I'll probably get lectured for this but you always here trans people of color are being murdered at an alarming rate. Where? Why? By who?

by Anonymousreply 9October 24, 2020 3:28 AM

^ Their pimps.

by Anonymousreply 10October 24, 2020 3:29 AM

Joe has his Far Left issues all set up: BLM, Dreamers, and Transgender Discrimination. This may hurt him more than help him. He's a lightning rod for the loonies.

by Anonymousreply 11October 24, 2020 3:30 AM

Straight liberal men like Joe Biden are all for trannies, but still secretly loathe gay men. That is a fact. A drug addict, sex-addict straight son..OK. The worst thing in the world for then is to have a gay son. But if they trans, then OK.

by Anonymousreply 12October 24, 2020 3:31 AM

[quote] I'll probably get lectured for this but you always here trans people of color are being murdered at an alarming rate. Where? Why? By who?

Pretty much every single one is killed by a man, and most are black men killed by other black men. Sad but true.

by Anonymousreply 13October 24, 2020 3:32 AM

They are male prostitutes getting killed r9. Men fraudulently marketing themselves as women to horny, very stupid, and usually drunk/stoned violent straight men. That is why they are murdered.

by Anonymousreply 14October 24, 2020 3:35 AM

They refused to listen for years, and here they are.

by Anonymousreply 15October 24, 2020 3:36 AM

R8, that’s not what it’s about. It’s about straight men destroying consent, same sex rights, the entire cultural perception of gay, as we are unwillingly lumped in with the TQ, and being given carte blanche to assault women.

by Anonymousreply 16October 24, 2020 3:39 AM

None of those bearded douche bros on Twitter frothing at the mouth for lesbians to murdered are thinking, “Wow, I was a dick about gay marriage.” They’re thinking one of two things: either, “there’s nothing more humiliating than being a woman, so these guys must be telling the truth” or “I get turned on wearing my stepdaughter’s panties, too”.

by Anonymousreply 17October 24, 2020 3:41 AM

[quote] Men fraudulently marketing themselves as women to horny, very stupid, and usually drunk/stoned violent straight men. That is why they are murdered.

This is not accurate. A few have been murdered due to trans panic but the majority are killed by their boyfriends or johns who already know they’re transgender— these MTF don’t pass and aren’t fooling anyone. The rest are killed for things unrelated to being trans such as drugs, robbery (especially if they’re prostitutes), or random gun violence like drivebys.

by Anonymousreply 18October 24, 2020 3:53 AM

How do people not know? I remember seeing trailers for The Crying Game and hearing about the big shock. I knew immediately she was a he without even seeing it.

by Anonymousreply 19October 24, 2020 3:55 AM

[quote] None of those bearded douche bros on Twitter frothing at the mouth for lesbians to murdered are thinking, “Wow, I was a dick about gay marriage.”

I’m not talking about bearded male feminists on twitter, I’m talking about the wealthy limousine liberal types who are still privately uncomfortable with gayness and feel guilty about it.

by Anonymousreply 20October 24, 2020 3:55 AM

More women are killed in a week than MtFs are killed in 10 years combined.

It’s also worth noting that MtFs are not trafficked into sex work, the way women are, entirely because of their sex, but choose to go into sex work because, as men, they have the agency to do that.

by Anonymousreply 21October 24, 2020 3:57 AM

R20, the wealthy ones are helping to fund the transgenda because they still hate gays and women and want to put us all back in our place so they can continue their stranglehold on the world.

by Anonymousreply 22October 24, 2020 3:59 AM

Biden doesn't feel any guilt for anything least of all opposing gay rights for decades. He's a politician after all. They just blow with the wind

by Anonymousreply 23October 24, 2020 4:00 AM

Warren was targeted TRAs and they converted her into a cult member. She is now advising Biden on trans. She needs to be confronted and deprogrammed.

by Anonymousreply 24October 24, 2020 4:00 AM

R22 yes, the wealthy ones are helping to fund the transgenda.

Pritzker is worth $ 1.8 billion

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 24, 2020 4:05 AM

[quote] She is now advising Biden on trans

Please no.

by Anonymousreply 26October 24, 2020 4:38 AM

[quote] The Vice President spoke with the mother of Miss Trans New England at a campaign event in Sarasota, Fla. BY JULIE BOLCER OCTOBER 31 2012 11:22 AM EDT

That article is from 2012.

by Anonymousreply 27October 24, 2020 6:51 AM

Wow, how stupid is DL?

You all fell for a troll who posted an article from 8 years ago. Hook line & sinker.

You should be embarrassed.

by Anonymousreply 28October 24, 2020 9:58 AM

Hardly r28. Since Biden’s continued to maintain that stance, it doesn’t matter when he first made that statement. He still believes it as recently as his ridiculous remarks at the townhall two weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 29October 24, 2020 11:03 AM

He needs to stick to the issues

by Anonymousreply 30October 24, 2020 11:15 AM

I thought BLM & po-po shootings of thugs were the "civil rights issue of our time".

I thought women getting diddled by horny producers & #metoo movement were the "civil rights issue of our time".

I thought illegals being separated from their brats & put into cages were the "civil rights issue of our time"

I thought discrimination against Muslims who want to behead just about everyone was the "civil rights issue of our time".

I thought climate change which will drown poor, darker skinned breeders was "the civil rights issue of our time".

by Anonymousreply 31October 24, 2020 11:53 AM

Do you think ol' Joe ever got it on with a girl with something extra?

by Anonymousreply 32October 24, 2020 11:54 AM

Well, that should get the Trumpster a few more votes.

The real civil rights issue of our time is the domination of almost all governments on the globe by now by the economic pressures of global corporations, who now control more of the world's wealth and national economies and the directions of people's lives than at any time in human history - even accounting for the differences in raw numbers of people on the planet. All those Empire (Roman, Ottoman, Austro-Hungarian, British) were pikers next to these nameless faceless oligarchs.

That, and the eradication of all privacy as surveillance through cell phones and all other devices puts huge swaths of the private lives of all into the hands of the few.

Old saying in chess: "The winner is the player who makes the next to last mistake."

Given Trump's ability to seize defeat from the jaws of victory, I would call this statement by Biden a great candidate for the "next to last mistake" slot.

Tell that to the desperate working-classes in Ohio and Appalachia, Joe.

by Anonymousreply 33October 24, 2020 12:02 PM

She said “something” inaudible. Who knows what she said or what he heard? Or who she is, for that matter?

by Anonymousreply 34October 24, 2020 12:16 PM

He’s got to say that so that the wokesters can vote for him. Both of them that actually vote.

by Anonymousreply 35October 24, 2020 12:19 PM

I hope in the final days Biden isn’t running on a platform of transgenderism.

by Anonymousreply 36October 24, 2020 12:22 PM

[quote] A lot of my friends are being killed, and they don't have the civil rights yet.

Oh FFS, of course they do, as does any human being.

by Anonymousreply 37October 24, 2020 12:34 PM

[quote] Joe really needs to be careful whom he listens to.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 38October 24, 2020 12:35 PM

It's not enough!

by Anonymousreply 39October 24, 2020 12:37 PM

Huh. Looks like the Deplorables have nothing better to do than post on DL today.

by Anonymousreply 40October 24, 2020 12:37 PM

[quote] It’s also worth noting that MtFs are not trafficked into sex work, the way women are, entirely because of their sex, but choose to go into sex work because, as men, they have the agency to do that.

Maybe if they had extra commas like you they wouldn’t have to turn to prostitution. Not all of us are as lucky to have all these extra commas to sprinkle around.

by Anonymousreply 41October 24, 2020 12:38 PM

All Commas Count!

by Anonymousreply 42October 24, 2020 12:41 PM

The Russian trolls are obsessed with trans. The TERFs are MAGAts.

by Anonymousreply 43October 24, 2020 12:42 PM

2012 article? Silly, Stupid.

by Anonymousreply 44October 24, 2020 12:45 PM

An article from 2012. Nice try, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 45October 24, 2020 12:46 PM

Well, that settled it. I'm votin Trump!

by Anonymousreply 46October 24, 2020 12:48 PM

Muriel deleted the Barbie Kardashian thread. Can't have gays discussing threats to our civil rights, even on a gay forum.

by Anonymousreply 47October 24, 2020 12:49 PM

Go away, dyke at R47.

by Anonymousreply 48October 24, 2020 12:51 PM

Much has changed in the 8 years since he said that. The civil rights issue of our time may actually be massive voter suppression by the GOP. Or tearing small children from their parents and putting them in cages. Or allowing about half of the Covid deaths to happen due to neglect and genocidal impulses.

by Anonymousreply 49October 24, 2020 12:53 PM

Rolling our eyes, collectively.

by Anonymousreply 50October 24, 2020 12:53 PM

It's the last civil rights issue still in contention. The last bigotry some people still delude themselves into thinking is okay.

by Anonymousreply 51October 24, 2020 12:55 PM

Muriel, are you going to actually do your job now and close any of these baiting threads between now and Nov 3?

by Anonymousreply 52October 24, 2020 12:56 PM

He just lost countless thousands of Soccer Moms, whose daughters are now under threat by dudes using the ladies' room.

by Anonymousreply 53October 24, 2020 12:57 PM

R53 Lol remember when you losers insisted your bathroom bills were popular? And then multiple republicans lost their seats for supporting them and Dems had their best midterms in decades? Good times

by Anonymousreply 54October 24, 2020 1:00 PM

Homophobic, misogynist, autogynephilic fetishists destroying standards of consent and eradicating sex based rights is not a "civil rights issues". It's just straight male entitlement, in lipstick.

by Anonymousreply 55October 24, 2020 1:01 PM

Biden is correct, but it's a real hot potato when it comes to the 'underage' aspects of it. I totally accept my transgender sisters and I know it because I just assume they're women and address and speak to them as such without a second thought. I also get how if you know, you know early and want to transition before hormonal changes occur, but that's not always the case. It's so individual a thing that you cannot legislate that aspect, either (ie: prevention of minors transitioning).

The sports thing is problematic, but minor, imo. Competing on a playing field is not that important when you get right down to it. Being accepted in the workplace and in all other areas of life is. We cannot exclude from anywhere if we hope to be inclusive everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 56October 24, 2020 1:09 PM

I agree with every single part of that R56

by Anonymousreply 57October 24, 2020 1:18 PM

Oh no!!! Because of OP and all the other astute and learned posters on this thread, I think I've made a terrible, unfortunate mistake by voting for Joe Biden. I will have to call the county election board immediately and have my already counted vote rescinded.

Thanks, guys, for performing such an invaluable public service.

by Anonymousreply 58October 24, 2020 1:20 PM

R54, come to the UK where the government lost no votes but probably gained a few for dumping the ridiculous gender self-identity bill that would have allowed trans people to be legally registered as their chosen gender simply on the basis of filling in a form, no transition and no assessment necessary. That was to cover England and Wales. The Scottish government is still insisting on introducing its own version of this daft bill but they have delayed it until after the Scottish elections next May because they're worried about losing votes, especially now that the bill was dumped in England and people are more aware of the issue now.

They're citing the Covid situation as the excuse for the delay, despite the fact that this bill has been knocking around for a long time and the Scottish parliament is mostly operating as normal. The Scottish government is also very reticent about publicising the results of its public consultation on this bill.

Ireland has passed a similar law, and it led to situations such as that of the delightful Barbie Kardashian.

I note that there's no discussion of introducing such gender self-id laws in the US. It would be really interesting to see how the US public responds to something like that outside of California. I wonder how popular a gender self-id law would be at a federal level in the US.

by Anonymousreply 59October 24, 2020 1:38 PM

Have they demanded a Trans on the Supreme Court yet?

by Anonymousreply 60October 24, 2020 1:41 PM

So, "oldlez" has no problem with male rapists, claiming to be women, being put in women's prisons where they continuously assault female inmates. No problem female rape victims not being able to request female medical staff. No problem with women in domestic violence shelters having to sleep two feet from men. No problem with the end of anyone being able to file sexual discrimination law suits. No problem with lesbians being assaulted for refusing to fuck transbians. No problem with fucking men with dicks herself, since the trans platform ideology insists that homosexuality is transphobic and that it's "closed minded" to have a sexual orientation that doesn't include everybody, especially MtFs.

by Anonymousreply 61October 24, 2020 1:45 PM

Get off the god damned cross, R61. We need the wood.

by Anonymousreply 62October 24, 2020 1:48 PM

Oldlez at r56, let us know when you're prepared to include a trans lesbian with a penis as a potential lover. As a lez too I can quite categorically state that I have no interest at all in being inclusive of biological males who identify as lesbians as potential partners.

by Anonymousreply 63October 24, 2020 1:48 PM

Stop pandering Joe. It will back fire.

by Anonymousreply 64October 24, 2020 1:55 PM

F&F OP and any of the Lesbians For Trump.

by Anonymousreply 65October 24, 2020 1:59 PM

[quote]I also get how if you know, you know early and want to transition before hormonal changes occur

People with body dysmorphia know early too. Are we going to chop off the arms and legs of children because certain severely mentally ill people "know early" that they were born to be paraplegics? What about 70 lb anorexics who "know" with absolute certainty that they are fat. Should we entertain their delusions as well?

[quote]The sports thing is problematic, but minor, imo. Competing on a playing field is not that important when you get right down to it. Being accepted in the workplace and in all other areas of life is. We cannot exclude from anywhere if we hope to be inclusive everywhere.

To you maybe the rights of delusional, mentally ill men supersede the rights of real women, but hardly anyone else agrees. Trans need therapy not coddling and "acceptance" of their crazy.

by Anonymousreply 66October 24, 2020 2:09 PM

[quote] We cannot exclude from anywhere if we hope to be inclusive everywhere.

Sex segregated spaces are provided for the safety and dignity of both males and females. This is one area where I’m fine with being excluding.

And the Title IX issues go deeper than merely sports, though males receiving scholarships intended for females works to exclude women, mostly black and Natuve women, from accessing education.

“old lez” sounds like those “I got mine” conservatives who don’t give a shit about things that don’t affect them personally.

by Anonymousreply 67October 24, 2020 2:10 PM

Oldlez - what does it mean to "know early" that you were born in the wrong body? You hear that all the time from trans people, but what does it mean exactly? How do they know, and what do they know? Is it as simple as a little boy thinking he should have been born a girl because he likes the color pink? Or playing with dolls? Or wearing 4" heels, ball gowns and glamour makeup? Because many, many real girls don't like pink, don't play with dolls and never wear makeup, gowns or heels.

Real question: what does this "knowing" consist of. If a boy has never been a girl, how does he know what feeling like one should feel like. What is the basis of that feeling/knowing? Break it down so we can understand it logically.

by Anonymousreply 68October 24, 2020 2:22 PM

Ugh. Stuff like that makes me queasy about Dems taking over again. Hopefully, Biden will be too busy fighting covid, working on health care, improving economy etc. to spend time of this important issue. Ditto for "systematic" racism.

by Anonymousreply 69October 24, 2020 2:32 PM

Next Joe will be calling for a commission to explore reparations.

Snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory. It's what Dems do so well.

by Anonymousreply 70October 24, 2020 2:41 PM

So Black men being shot in the street by cops comes after trans?

Good to know Joe.

by Anonymousreply 71October 24, 2020 2:55 PM

Oldlez you are a genius, great questions I wish many more people would ask.

by Anonymousreply 72October 24, 2020 2:56 PM

Oh all the concerns trolls are out in full force, propping up Boris and Cletus with their handwringing and their w&w votes. Trollin’ trollin’ trollin’....

by Anonymousreply 73October 24, 2020 3:00 PM

"I totally accept my transgender sisters and I know it because I just assume they're women and address and speak to them as such without a second thought."

Oh, aren't we so enlightened and progressive? Pray tell, how does one "address" and "speak to" someone else "as a woman"? "Like, don't you just totally love Pumpkin Spice Lattes? I'm like totally addicted, and I'm sure you are too, because you're totally a woman, LOL!!!"

"The sports thing is problematic, but minor, imo. Competing on a playing field is not that important when you get right down to it."

Can you imagine anyone EVER saying this to a MALE professional athlete? "Hey, you know that thing you've worked for your entire life-- the one that could mean the difference between wealth and poverty, happiness and despair?-- well, we're ripping it away from you, and you don't get to question it or protest in any way. Now, be a good little boy and smile and BE KIND."

by Anonymousreply 74October 24, 2020 3:12 PM

He looked great in OP’s photo. This most recent facelift is too tight. Still looks like a supermodel next to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 75October 24, 2020 3:23 PM

This article is from 2012 - eight years ago! And the headline is a complete misrepresentation - a Munchausens by Proxy mum of a trans thinks she heard or the pool reporters think they heard (it's not clear) Joe say "civil rights issue of our time" after the Munchausens mum grabbed Joe at an event and waffled something at him.

"Bourne later told reports that her daughter was Miss Trans New England and she had asked if the Vice President would help" - Sure, Bourne told her Biden that her kid was Miss Trans New England and Biden replied "trans beauty contests are the civil rights issue of our time!"

by Anonymousreply 76October 24, 2020 3:38 PM

And he has gotten even worse since then. You are voting for the eventual extinction of homosexuality.

R56 is a self-loathing handmaid.

by Anonymousreply 77October 24, 2020 3:46 PM

Heterosexuality is a choice, a sin, and a root cause of all domestic violence. If you ever want another Democrat for president again, you will nominate one who says those exact words in that exact order.

by Anonymousreply 78October 24, 2020 3:47 PM

[quote] Well, that should get the Trumpster a few more votes.

Maybe, but most people won't care.

by Anonymousreply 79October 24, 2020 3:50 PM

Then they shouldn’t be allowed to vote or hold office.

by Anonymousreply 80October 24, 2020 3:51 PM

If you hate Trump so much that you’re actually willing to hurt gay people as long as it hurts him, too, then you are a homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 81October 24, 2020 3:53 PM

R74, you must've been too focused on your sarcastic response to see the red signature line. I don't always post it, but I did for a reason. I'll let you figure out why.

I have no idea what it's like to be a professional athlete, male or female, but do know that a 'profession', particularly that very temporary one, is not ALL a person is or can be. VERY few make it to the professional level. I do believe you're engaging in a bit of hyperbole, but I'll play along in defending my opinion. A boy declaring he's a girl to run in a girl's competition is problematic to me, and yes, I think you can address that at the HS level. NCAAs will be a battle for the reasons you describe. Again, you're engaging in a specious argument in that it affects very few people, and speculation is the weakest of proof when you're trying to defend a position. I think, as a non-athlete, I'll let those who participate in that aspect of life make that decision. So far, it's been pretty inclusive.

The bathroom stuff is just silly. So is the changing room thing. If you want to assault a woman in a public restroom, you don't have to be faking as a transwoman to get in. As for the changing room - I feel sorry for anyone trying a woman in a dressing room in a store or gym. Those acrylic nails are sharp, there's usually a bunch of women around, and yeah, they might have a few hot pumpkin lattes around to heave.

I laugh at the soap box types that think they get to judge. BTW, I like chocolate.

by Anonymousreply 82October 24, 2020 4:01 PM

Nope, R71, but good try. He didn't conflate the two, but you did. I wonder why? What has to happen is for the everyone to have their fully realized Civil Rights recognized, not just fat kat white men and their enforcing army of syncophantic women and blue collar toadies.

R77, calm down. There's room enough for all of us. Late in life lesbians hiding in the forest with shotguns, handmaiden Supreme court justices, judmental dykes playing with knives, lesbian presidential advisers, transexual women using a gym changing room and looking fabulous....no one wants to extinct anyone around here. The war is within you.

by Anonymousreply 83October 24, 2020 4:09 PM

R82/R83 is a handmaid.

by Anonymousreply 84October 24, 2020 4:14 PM

And now you’re just fucking gaslighting while denying the facts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85October 24, 2020 4:17 PM

R62, get an original comeback.

by Anonymousreply 86October 24, 2020 4:19 PM

"If you want to assault a woman in a public restroom, you don't have to be faking as a transwoman to get in."

Yes, but it's not about that. It's about whether women have the ability to call security/law enforcement when a male enters female-designated space. If they "can't know someone else's gender just by looking at them," as TRAs claim, then the logical conclusion is that they can't call out ANY man, isn't it? Can't you see how magical, invisible "genders" leave women virtually helpless in practical situations?

by Anonymousreply 87October 24, 2020 5:21 PM

I didn’t want to vote for Trump but Fuck it. I’m voting for Trump today as a Texas voter. I am fucking sick of this bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 88October 24, 2020 5:21 PM

[quote] I didn’t want to vote for Trump but Fuck it. I’m voting for Trump today as a Texas voter. I am fucking sick of this bullshit.

OP you do know that we can read all of your posts. Yes you are an idiotic troll, posting articles from 2012 and pretending to be outraged. Hopefully you get paid well for this foolishness.

by Anonymousreply 89October 24, 2020 5:33 PM

R89, It’s an article from 2012 but he has only gotten more radical on promoting trans nazism.

by Anonymousreply 90October 24, 2020 6:01 PM

Are the rest of you proud supporters of natural gender voting for Trump too? I mean, it’s the only way to keep male perverts out of women’s dressing rooms!!!!!!

Right, ladies?

by Anonymousreply 91October 24, 2020 6:06 PM

"Are the rest of you proud supporters of natural gender voting for Trump too?"

Well, I'm not a "proud supporter of natural gender" (since gender is a social construct that is actually quite *un*natural), but... Nope. I'm voting for Biden. And the second that Trump is gone, Biden (and all Democrats) will be getting an earful from me.

Maybe you should do a little homework before you criticize a movement or its members. The fact that you think gender critical people "support" any kind of gender is a reflection of your ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 92October 24, 2020 7:41 PM

^^

*eyeroll*

by Anonymousreply 93October 24, 2020 7:48 PM

Why won't you answer my questions Oldlez?

by Anonymousreply 94October 24, 2020 9:22 PM

Never got an answer to this one either.

[quote]What about 70 lb anorexics who "know" with absolute certainty that they are fat. Should we entertain their delusions as well?

Hair and teeth falling out, organs failing. But let's all respect their "feeling" that they are fat when all objective reality says the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 95October 24, 2020 9:25 PM

TRAs refuse to discuss reality because their entirely ideology in founded upon fiction.

In all likelihood, "oldlez" is either a low information TRA who actually has no idea what autogynephilia is and knows nothing about The Cotton/Boxer Ceiling and what other TRAs are doing to overturn sex based rights or she is really an old straight man who is an autogynephile and wants to force the world to non-consensually participate in his fetish.

by Anonymousreply 96October 24, 2020 9:32 PM

Why do trans threads get so many posts?

by Anonymousreply 97October 24, 2020 9:46 PM

r97 because they're a billionaire backed lobby group that is actively dismantling gay rights and committing genocide against gay children

by Anonymousreply 98October 24, 2020 9:50 PM

I knew all you transphobic cisf@gs were closet deplorables. Part of the reason Joe Biden will be president is because he fucks pussy like a real man. All you cisf@gs are just wannabe women.

by Anonymousreply 99October 24, 2020 9:56 PM

I agree with him.

The LA riots in '92 & the riots this year were about thug rights.

by Anonymousreply 100October 24, 2020 9:58 PM

Slightly more up to date

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101October 24, 2020 9:59 PM

F&F

by Anonymousreply 102October 24, 2020 10:00 PM

^ Oops this link might work better

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103October 24, 2020 10:00 PM

From HRC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104October 24, 2020 10:02 PM

[quote] Why do trans threads get so many posts?

Because jealous white men are pissed that it’s no longer all about them. They hate women with a passion but now scream, “Won’t somebody please think of the women” after they’ve just branded them fraus and cunts. Humans need someone to bully. That’s why minorities hating minorities after gaining rights is historic. Everyone needs to look down on someone to feel better about themselves. Gays are now waving their newly gained rights over trans and won’t to be part of the majority in deciding whether or not trans people gets theirs. They feel that they now have power. None of this shit is original.

by Anonymousreply 105October 24, 2020 10:04 PM

[quote]Why do trans threads get so many posts?

Because jealous white men are pissed that it’s no longer all about them. They hate women with a passion but now scream, “Won’t somebody please think of the women” after they’ve just branded them fraus and cunts. Humans need someone to bully. That’s why minorities hating minorities after gaining rights is historic. Everyone needs to look down on someone to feel better about themselves. Gays are now waving their newly gained rights over trans and want to be part of the majority in deciding whether or not trans people gets theirs. They feel that they now have power. None of this shit is original. Gays are doing the same thing that straights did to them for centuries.

by Anonymousreply 106October 24, 2020 10:05 PM

So now you’re blaming gays for homophobia and women for misogyny.

by Anonymousreply 107October 24, 2020 10:06 PM

Patricia Wright

Charlotte Reed

Benny Diambu-Wright

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108October 24, 2020 10:07 PM

R105, What rights don’t trans people have?

by Anonymousreply 109October 24, 2020 10:08 PM

OP/Boris announces that he voted for Trump...

[quote]Biden doesn't feel any guilt for anything least of all opposing gay rights for decades. He's a politician after all. They just blow with the wind

[quote]I didn’t want to vote for Trump but Fuck it. I’m voting for Trump today as a Texas voter. I am fucking sick of this bullshit.

[quote]R89, It’s an article from 2012 but he has only gotten more radical on promoting trans nazism.

by Anonymousreply 110October 24, 2020 10:09 PM

Shut your misogynistic mouth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111October 24, 2020 10:10 PM

R110, Yes I am the OP and I proudly cast my vote today. Your point is?

by Anonymousreply 112October 24, 2020 10:10 PM

Joe Biden supporters hate Donald Trump so much they are willing to attack gay people and homosexuality itself in order to put him in office. This is why Mayo Pete is a sellout and deserves to be called out on his white male privilege and his gentile privilege.

by Anonymousreply 113October 24, 2020 10:13 PM

Still not voting for you!

by Anonymousreply 114October 24, 2020 10:13 PM

LGB Drop The T

by Anonymousreply 115October 24, 2020 10:14 PM

A lot of the women who have been attacked for speaking out against this are very left-wing.

by Anonymousreply 116October 24, 2020 10:19 PM

Geez, you gays wanted me to support LGBT issues and now that I am supporting LGBT issues, you tell me I’m pandering. Make up your damn minds, gays.

by Anonymousreply 117October 24, 2020 10:31 PM

Okay. R82 is just insane and silly.

by Anonymousreply 118October 24, 2020 10:31 PM

The thread is already greyed out. Muriel will ban OP/Boris before you know it. What a loser.

by Anonymousreply 119October 24, 2020 10:35 PM

Then Muriel is just another self-loathing bigot like you.

by Anonymousreply 120October 24, 2020 10:38 PM

"oldlez" is fifty year old man with a cock and balls and an abused wife who trolls lesbian dating sites offering to be a Sugar 'Mama' and then harasses the women who reject him (all of them) with vituperative text messages

by Anonymousreply 121October 24, 2020 10:42 PM

r120, you lost. You've been a loser your entire life. Be on your way.

by Anonymousreply 122October 24, 2020 10:43 PM

No, R122. You fuck off. This a gay board for gay people and I am a gay man. Only supporters of gay rights are welcome here. You fuck the fuck off you goddamn homophobic breeder lover piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 123October 24, 2020 10:44 PM

There should be plenty of discrimination against anybody who claims to be anything other than gay because anybody who claims to be anything other than gay chose that way of life. Homosexuality is not a choice. Heterosexuality and trannyism are choices. No non-gays are welcome here anymore.

by Anonymousreply 124October 24, 2020 10:46 PM

[quote]Gays are now waving their newly gained rights over trans and want to be part of the majority in deciding whether or not trans people gets theirs. They feel that they now have power. None of this shit is original. Gays are doing the same thing that straights did to them for centuries.

Or it could be that gay people look at the Mermaids charity which says non gender conforming behaviour is a sign your child might be trans, combined with their campaign to give younger children puberty blockers, together with the countless whistleblowers claiming poor care a the NHS Tavistock clinic which treats kinds with gender dysphoria.

It could be that gay people look at JK Rowling, a woman who wrote a series of books that inspired kids the importance of accepting difference and countering hate and think that she didn't just become a monster overnight and agree that biological sex is real, and that same sex attraction is real.

It could be that gay people look at their mothers and sisters and female friends, relatives and colleagues and can compare the sexism and misogyny they face and can compare it to the discrimination we face as gay men and women and think sex based rights need to be fought for.

Unfortunately trans rights campaign groups and activists use completely vague slogans like TRANS WOMEN ARE WOMEN and TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS. There hasn't been a collective decision to articulate priorities, like improving workplace discrimination laws and better healthcare ahead of campaigning for tampon and sanitary towel manufacturers to remove the term women from their products, or changing the legal definition of mother and father so a baby born to a trans man is recorded as having no mother.

by Anonymousreply 125October 25, 2020 8:22 AM

The word 'trans' didn't even exist 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 126October 25, 2020 8:30 AM

The major gay rights groups in the US had been pushing it on the side since the 1990s, R126.

by Anonymousreply 127October 25, 2020 8:33 AM

"Oldlez", why did you avoid answering whether you're inclusivity principles extend to including a translesbian in your bed? Presumably you'd be happy with that, especially one with a dick, just to show how really inclusive and supportive of diversity you are.

by Anonymousreply 128October 25, 2020 9:14 AM

R127, the word transsexual existed in the 1990s, perhaps in the late 1990s the word "transgender" was also being coined. But this shortening of "transgender" to "trans" and then the retrospective imposition of "trans" onto all people who in the past called themselves transsexuals is relatively new and its goal is to obfuscate and muddy the waters, to make it seem as though the new construct of "gender identity" is a real thing with a long history and can be found in human societies of the past - as opposed to being the latest wannabe woke post-postmodern, post-post-structuralist social theory bullshit jargon product of 21st-century "queer theory" reading lists.

by Anonymousreply 129October 25, 2020 9:18 AM

When the movement began it was just called Gay.

Additions began because Lesbians demanded them.

by Anonymousreply 130October 25, 2020 9:26 AM

Jennifer Pritzker was a big time republican, remember that

by Anonymousreply 131October 25, 2020 9:41 AM

R125 for the win. Exactly so.

by Anonymousreply 132October 25, 2020 12:37 PM

We could and should just go back to advocating for gay men.

by Anonymousreply 133October 25, 2020 12:45 PM

[quote]He just lost countless thousands of Soccer Moms, whose daughters are now under threat by dudes using the ladies' room.

Or maybe, he just won countless thousands of soccer moms whose sons are using the ladies' room.

by Anonymousreply 134October 26, 2020 1:30 PM

Which one of you bitches sent this text to my phone yesterday:

"Hi, I'm a Democratic volunteer with APP PAC. During a recent Town Hall, Joe Biden endorsed giving 8 and 10 year olds sex change treatments. This is way too extreme for me. I can't support him."

by Anonymousreply 135October 26, 2020 1:50 PM

That was Boris from Winosha, R135, he posts here all the time. "I'm a liberal Democrat on a gay website, absolutely obsessed with transgender school children..."

by Anonymousreply 136October 26, 2020 6:10 PM

[quote]Or maybe, he just won countless thousands of soccer moms whose sons are using the ladies' room

Oh my sides. Try countless "10's"

by Anonymousreply 137October 27, 2020 10:01 AM

So now not wanting to see androgynous children turned into medical experiments is Russian trolling? You really are sexist and homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 138October 27, 2020 3:32 PM

Amy....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139October 29, 2020 2:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!