Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How should I bring up the option of abortion?

Trying to figure out how to tactfully bring up the option of abortion to a recently pregnant coworker. So, the secretary and I have become close over the last year. She’s an uneducated black female 26 years old with two children from two different (and estranged) fathers. She says how upset she is that she will soon have a 3rd “baby daddy.” She’s not even talking about “taking care of it” as an option. The recent pregnancy was the result a one night stand after an evening at a nightclub. She’s been texting the man, trying to get him excited but he already has multiple children from other “relationships.” I want to scream ABORTION!!!! I don’t think she’s religious, so that’s not the issue. Should I butt out? Then I think about saving this poor child from an awful future.....what do I do?? (She respects me and says I’m a wonderful professional “mentor” because of my work ethic and education)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67October 30, 2020 9:23 PM

bring it up, work it out, shake it all about

by Anonymousreply 1October 23, 2020 2:02 PM

I suspect you’re trolling but just in case: Do NOT suggest to your subordinate that she abort her fetus.

by Anonymousreply 2October 23, 2020 2:04 PM

[quote](She respects me and says I’m a wonderful professional “mentor” because of my work ethic and education)

Really? Because you sound like a complete fucking idiot.

Though as an EST I'm prepared to grant you a 7/10.

by Anonymousreply 3October 23, 2020 2:05 PM

she's a FEMALE?

Fuck right off op

by Anonymousreply 4October 23, 2020 2:08 PM

Educated people don't call other people "uneducated," OP. They politely say "not formally educated."

by Anonymousreply 5October 23, 2020 2:10 PM

Butt out buttinsky

by Anonymousreply 6October 23, 2020 2:11 PM

^ Thanks, Ann!

by Anonymousreply 7October 23, 2020 2:12 PM

You’re so stupid. Keep your fucking mouth shut, dummy.

by Anonymousreply 8October 23, 2020 2:12 PM

Do you think she hasn't thought about it?

You should tell her to go to Planned Parenthood to go over all her options

by Anonymousreply 9October 23, 2020 2:12 PM

Definitely bring it up with her since, in the inimitable word of DL, she's a whore, darlin'.

Tell her only white people should be allowed to babies and that if she didn't dress and act like a slut, her life would be better. Tell her that people like her should always consider abortion as the FIRST option and only have babies as a last resort. Tell her that whores like her should really think of the children.

Make sure to send her an email afterwards reiterating your points.

by Anonymousreply 10October 23, 2020 2:12 PM

Genocide!!!

by Anonymousreply 11October 23, 2020 2:13 PM

Why didn’t she use birth control?

by Anonymousreply 12October 23, 2020 2:14 PM

Just feed her some bleach

by Anonymousreply 13October 23, 2020 2:15 PM

R12 - shes Catholic

by Anonymousreply 14October 23, 2020 2:15 PM

Tell her we don't want any more welfare babies

by Anonymousreply 15October 23, 2020 2:17 PM

[quote] Really? Because you sound like a complete fucking idiot.

Right? Best post all year.

Fuck off, OP.

by Anonymousreply 16October 23, 2020 2:17 PM

Chuck it down the pan!... and bring me... a knitting needle!

by Anonymousreply 17October 23, 2020 2:18 PM

Dear OP,

hold a wire hanger in each of your hands and say to her in a baby-like voice: Sometimes, it's kinder!

by Anonymousreply 18October 23, 2020 2:20 PM

Yes OP.

All women are anxiously awaiting their male co-workers recommendations on what to do with their own bodies.

by Anonymousreply 19October 23, 2020 2:21 PM

Sorry, but even after the last four years, I find it impossible to believe anyone is actually this dumb. I will continue to read only because the over-the-top responses are LOL fodder so far.

Also, if she’s too Catholic for birth control, she’s definitely not having an abortion.

by Anonymousreply 20October 23, 2020 2:23 PM

Aside from recommending a visit to Planned Parenthood, under the guise of good pre-natal health, stay out of it.

Co-workers are not your friends, You're in a lose-lose situation. If you suggest abortion (or even adoption) at some point she is going to have second thoughts and blame you. If you recommend keeping the baby. at some point she is going to have second thoughts and blame you. It's just like taking sides against a co-worker's spouse/partner after a fight. If they reconcile, you're always going to look like the bad guy.

Keep your relationship professional. If it's in your power, let her know you'll make adjustments in her work schedule to accommodate doctor visits, etc, but do NOT recommend anything either way

by Anonymousreply 21October 23, 2020 2:28 PM

R20 - Catholics get abortions at a higher rate than Protestants. That's just for show.

by Anonymousreply 22October 23, 2020 2:29 PM

R21 - best advice yet

by Anonymousreply 23October 23, 2020 2:30 PM

If real, keep your mouth shut.

She’s talking about having a baby daddy and trying to get him on board, so she’s already viewed this pregnancy as a tool and pawn. It’s not a *problem* for her, and she’ll be aghast at the idea of getting rid of it.

Women with unwanted pregnancies, which they’d possibly terminate, don’t go around telling people about it.

by Anonymousreply 24October 23, 2020 2:31 PM

MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS

by Anonymousreply 25October 23, 2020 2:36 PM

It would embarrass her if you said something directly. You're better off sending an office-wide memo casually mentioning the benefits of abortion as a tool for career advancement. This way you won't have to repeat yourself the next time a woman in your office decides to fuck up her life by being pregnant.

If she can't follow your wisdom then fire her and hire a man.

by Anonymousreply 26October 23, 2020 2:38 PM

Maybe print out some Yelp reviews of Abortion clinics in the area and leave them on her desk? This is 100% Zero in no way absolutely none of your business. Stay the fuck out of it!

by Anonymousreply 27October 23, 2020 2:42 PM

Oh baby baby 👶

by Anonymousreply 28October 23, 2020 2:45 PM

Tell her you won a Planned Parenthood coupon good for one free abortion in a local raffle and you don't want it to go to waste.

by Anonymousreply 29October 23, 2020 2:48 PM

Erna's back..

by Anonymousreply 30October 23, 2020 2:48 PM

Drug her coffee and force her to miscarry. That way you don't have to have any uncomfortable conversations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 23, 2020 2:54 PM

"... texting the man, trying to get him excited ..."

LOL

by Anonymousreply 32October 23, 2020 2:55 PM

Just say, point blank: You're a whore, darling

by Anonymousreply 33October 23, 2020 5:46 PM

[quote]Erna's back...

...is only slightly less disgusting than Erna's front.

by Anonymousreply 34October 23, 2020 6:02 PM

Does birth control and/or condoms exist for these stupid people?

Who has unprotected sex with a one night stand? Do these imbecile think AIDS and STDs are no longer out there?

by Anonymousreply 35October 23, 2020 6:05 PM

I'd strongly suggest you offer to take her to PlannedParenthood yourself. Suggest that instead of a Holiday lunch, you will take her out for a pre-holiday abortion, and insist that your offer to pay for it...

Following QAnon, a cheaper option would be to contact a local Democratic elected official, I hear they have a unique way of dealing with babies... Wanted or not...

by Anonymousreply 36October 23, 2020 6:14 PM

E3 7/10 is pretty generous. This is a 4 tops.

by Anonymousreply 37October 23, 2020 6:17 PM

This is a lifestyle for some women just like knocking up multiple women and abandoning them is a lifestyle for some men.

repeat after me: do not suggest abortion to any woman whom you didn't knock up yourself

repeat after me: in the year 2020, for the love of all you hold holy, DO NOT SUGGEST A BLACK WOMAN ABORT HER BABY

I mean, likely she'll do this more times so maybe by her fifth or sixth you can suggest it. (not implying it's because she's black, women of all races do this. fortunately there's men of all races happy to do the same)

by Anonymousreply 38October 23, 2020 6:23 PM

Maybe I'm missing something fundamental. But I just genuinely don't get the glee a few white people get at coming to an anonymous website to make up absurd racist stories and giggle to each other about it. Besides it being scummy, it's also just strange. How is this something that brings people joy?

Black people don't sit around dreaming up bizarre scenarios of white people overdosing on opioids in their office place. If some black person started doing that, every black person I know would just find it utterly bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 39October 23, 2020 6:28 PM

Oh, a black FEMALE did you say? Is she house broken? Does she have all of her shots? Better take her in to get fixed after this.

Why do assholes talk like this? oh, that's right, OP is a TROLL.

by Anonymousreply 40October 23, 2020 6:31 PM

Offer to do it yourself, gratis.

by Anonymousreply 41October 23, 2020 6:46 PM

Lawsuit waiting to happen. My boss told me to get an abortion. What world do you live in? Stay out of it. If asked directly suggest she take advantage of the company's mental health benefits and NOTHING else.

by Anonymousreply 42October 23, 2020 11:50 PM

As soon as she delivers TIE HER TUBES.

by Anonymousreply 43October 23, 2020 11:55 PM

Ask WHEN ARE YOU GONNA FLUSH THAT TURD? the next time she brings it up.

by Anonymousreply 44October 23, 2020 11:56 PM

If this is real, which I doubt, there are Catholics who absolutely won’t get an abortion no matter what. A relative of mine got knocked up on Prom Night by a previously “platonic friend” who deflowered her in the back seat. It’s forty years later and they’re still married. To Catholics, birth control may not be that bad, but a lot of them are very anti-abortion.

But any woman who is dropping litters on random strangers and claims she can’t get an abortion because she’s Catholic, is a liar. She’s just fucking random guys in the hope one of them will support all her illegitimate, fatherless kids. Spoiler: any guy who falls for this is just as selfish as she is and has no intention of supporting anything, including his own kid. Or her.

I used to know a (white) teenager who kept trying to have kids with any random guy. She was severely abused by her parents, including repeatedly raped for years by her stepfather. She was just desperately trying to get somebody to love her. So she thought if she had a kid, she would at least have the kid to love her, she could go on welfare and get away from her stepfather. She was about seventeen when she finally had a baby. I felt sorry for her, but she really wasn’t a very smart person and she didn’t think ahead to how it was going to work out. She just wanted something better.

People who do stuff like this are wearing a giant sign over their head that says, “I am totally fucked up in the head, and this is just the part of the iceberg that shows above the water line.” Advising her to get counseling would be a good idea if she was a friend, not a coworker. Shut up OP, and stand there and silently watch her ruin a bunch of innocent kids’ lives. Because you can’t legally do anything to stop her, and she is self destructive and hell-bent on making things worse. Maybe call CPS when she starts taking meth.

by Anonymousreply 45October 24, 2020 12:10 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 46October 27, 2020 9:52 PM

I'm sure if she has reproductive organs, she is aware that abortion is an option, OP.

by Anonymousreply 47October 27, 2020 9:55 PM

Are you gay or bi and are you the one night stand OP? Must be one of those nights when you had too much to drink. You seem so eager for her to have the child aborted.....

by Anonymousreply 48October 27, 2020 10:01 PM

MYOB, dear. If she has two kids already, she knows what her options are.

by Anonymousreply 49October 27, 2020 10:10 PM

[quote] Then I think about saving this poor child from an awful future.

I love the arrogance of the OP in assuming this woman will get an abortion just because he suggested it.

by Anonymousreply 50October 27, 2020 10:19 PM

Arrogance or despair R50, if it’s not a troll I think it’s suspicious why would one care so much

by Anonymousreply 51October 27, 2020 10:21 PM

Option 1.) Kick her hard in the pussy and hope it just falls out on its own.

Option 2.) Give her a wire coat hanger, help her scramble out its brains and queef out the rest.

Voila! Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 52October 27, 2020 10:21 PM

Give her a Coach bag and put a wire hanger in it

by Anonymousreply 53October 27, 2020 10:36 PM

Mind your own damn business. Keep OUT of your coworkers personal lives. Open your yap about abortion and you could open the door right on to the unemployment line. You think that can’t happen because the two of you are close friends? IT CAN!!!!!! Trust no one. By the way, in my opinion abortion should not be an option for her, it should be compulsory. I believe that if you can’t feed em don’t breed em, and if you get prefers than you should be forced to have an abortion. And no, I’m not a Trump loving deplorable, in fact I’m a Biden supporter, but that’s my opinion. I’m entitled to my opinion, but ya know what? I keep it to myself at work. I am there to do my job, not to shoot off my mouth. Keep your yap SHUT!

by Anonymousreply 54October 27, 2020 10:52 PM

Preferred=preggers.

by Anonymousreply 55October 27, 2020 10:53 PM

I wouldn't say a word because I sense legal action may pop up against me. I don't know if that is possible, but I would be deterred by the possibility.

by Anonymousreply 56October 27, 2020 11:42 PM

This is so dumb. Just push her down a flight of stairs or hit her in the stomach with a baseball bat. You can’t be all that “educated” OP if didn’t think those common solutions up yourself.

by Anonymousreply 57October 27, 2020 11:48 PM

A high-powered Miele canister and a wayward hose in her direction. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 58October 27, 2020 11:56 PM

Passive aggressively show her this scene

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 28, 2020 12:02 AM

Don't suggest that, that's horrible. You don't want to be an sjw, do you OP?

by Anonymousreply 60October 28, 2020 12:05 AM

False alarm.

It was just a fart.

by Anonymousreply 61October 30, 2020 7:31 PM

Please tell her to have an IUD put in after her abortion. She's obviously too dumb to take birth control pills everyday.

by Anonymousreply 62October 30, 2020 7:43 PM

[quote]How should I bring up the option of abortion?

Casually, over coffee .

"So, got any good abortions lately?"

by Anonymousreply 63October 30, 2020 7:49 PM

Tell her a St. Olaf story, Rose.

D. Zbornak

by Anonymousreply 64October 30, 2020 7:55 PM

I have said to women who get pregnant by different guys 'wow, lucky all you got was pregnant, or, I hope anyways'

by Anonymousreply 65October 30, 2020 8:47 PM

[quote]Should I butt out?

Obviously you're a troll OP but on the slim chance that you aren't - FUCK YES you should butt out.

by Anonymousreply 66October 30, 2020 9:01 PM

I’m reading an article in The New Yorker about the effects of distance learning for inner city children and the child they focus on is a ten year old black kid in Baltimore and his mother is a crack addict and he has four older siblings with different fathers and some of his sisters have children, too. His uncle might be able to help but he’s illiterate. The teachers are worried that this boy will fall through the cracks but I think it happened a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 67October 30, 2020 9:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!