Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Rick Wilson one of us?

"The Frau comes at me."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62October 25, 2020 7:52 PM

He is now because the GOP went cray cray.,

by Anonymousreply 1October 22, 2020 8:20 AM

I saw that and immediately wondered too.

by Anonymousreply 2October 22, 2020 9:45 AM

He's one of the resistance's Twitter stars. He's a good guy. Him, Scott Dworkin, Brooklyn Dad Defiant, Jeff Tiedrich, John Pavlovich and a few others are all over Trump's Tweets every single day calling him out and making him look foolish.

by Anonymousreply 3October 22, 2020 10:19 AM

Definitely a cookie smeller.

by Anonymousreply 4October 22, 2020 10:23 AM

Laura Ingraham is a deranged cunt with a third-rate brain.

by Anonymousreply 5October 22, 2020 11:15 AM

He’s not a good guy. He used to work for Giuliani’s campaigns and smeared double-amputee veteran Max Cleland in the Georgia senate race.

by Anonymousreply 6October 22, 2020 11:42 AM

R6 A long time ago. He’s making amends.

by Anonymousreply 7October 22, 2020 11:45 AM

Rick Wilson is easily the most annoying of the Never Trump Republicans. For that reason alone (extreme annoyingness) he could be one of us.

by Anonymousreply 8October 22, 2020 11:45 AM

R8. Annoying? Only to trumptards

by Anonymousreply 9October 22, 2020 11:48 AM

I love his podcast with Molly Jong Fast....she has the worst voice...but they are really funny together. It's called the New Abnormal.

by Anonymousreply 10October 22, 2020 12:02 PM

[quote]He used to work for Giuliani’s campaigns and smeared double-amputee veteran Max Cleland in the Georgia senate race.

How dare he change his views?!?!

by Anonymousreply 11October 22, 2020 12:29 PM

He’s a grifter. Robbing liberals blind. The guy “””used to be””” a huge racist and islamaphobe. He is not a “good guy”. If Biden wins the Lincoln project guys need to fade into the sunset. They did enough damage to this country while they all worked for Bush.

by Anonymousreply 12October 22, 2020 12:41 PM

He's not one of us. But an enemy's enemy is my friend.

by Anonymousreply 13October 22, 2020 1:22 PM

He does love a sassy GIF.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard (used that way) other than on DL. The first comments were about Frau Blucher - so I don’t think most Twitter types have either...

by Anonymousreply 14October 22, 2020 1:35 PM

^ That was supposed to say I haven’t heard FRAU used that way...

by Anonymousreply 15October 22, 2020 1:37 PM

[quote]Annoying? Only to trumptards

Ah jeez, not this shit again.

There are plenty of Democrats and liberals who don't care for rightwingers even if they DO claim they're "Never Trumpers" now. They're still pro OTHER Repugs, you know.

by Anonymousreply 16October 22, 2020 1:39 PM

We've had threads about "frau" before and as is always mentioned, back in the 1990s "frau" was pretty common slang, basically a shortened version of the disparaging "hausfrau" which has been around for decades, especially in pulp detective stories of the 1930s.

When I came here in the early 2000s and saw people using "frau," I hadn't seen it used as slang for several years by that point. Wilson's old enough he probably remembers when it was briefly in vogue in the 1990s.

by Anonymousreply 17October 22, 2020 1:45 PM

He can NEVER make amends for what he did to Max Cleland.

by Anonymousreply 18October 22, 2020 1:49 PM

I listen to the New Abnormal, agree about her voice. I wonder where all these podcasts will go once Biden is elected. I mean, there are still plenty of stupid, corrupt, or stupidly corrupt Republicans once Trump is gone,

by Anonymousreply 19October 22, 2020 1:53 PM

[quote]he probably remembers when it was briefly in vogue in the 1990s.

Isn't "Frau" just the German version of "Mrs."?

by Anonymousreply 20October 22, 2020 1:54 PM

The lower-case American use of "frau" and "hausfrau" is slang, R20.

You don't win any points for being super literal here, you know what we're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 21October 22, 2020 1:55 PM

Love Project Lincoln. I'm thankful they are on our side and not Trump's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 22, 2020 2:10 PM

[quote] He's one of the resistance's Twitter stars. He's a good guy. Him, Scott Dworkin, Brooklyn Dad Defiant, Jeff Tiedrich, John Pavlovich and a few others are all over Trump's Tweets every single day calling him out and making him look foolish.

I like that crew. Louise M., Claude T., Dena G., Molly J. and Laufer are my main ones.

by Anonymousreply 23October 22, 2020 2:21 PM

If Biden wins, the Lincoln Project crew and other Never Trumpers should spend the next two years focused on driving the Trumpists out of the GOP in 2022. If they fail at that, they should form a third party comprised of "moderate" Republicans to battle the Trumpists for control of the conservative movement. Turn the GOP into the Trump party and maybe they will go the way of the Whigs.

by Anonymousreply 24October 22, 2020 2:41 PM

R3

[quote] Him, Scott Dworkin, Brooklyn Dad Defiant, Jeff Tiedrich, John Pavlovich and a few others

Oh Dear.

by Anonymousreply 25October 22, 2020 2:46 PM

OP, one of us as is he gay, or one of us as a poster on DL?

He does have two children according to Wikipedia, but no marriages listed.

by Anonymousreply 26October 22, 2020 4:08 PM

His right-wing antics weren’t so long ago.

From his Wikipedia: In 2012, Wilson posted to Instagram an image of a Confederate flag-themed cooler emblazoned with "The South Shall Rise Again".[16][17][18] Though Wilson later deleted the post, it resurfaced in 2020 while The Lincoln Project was airing television ads attacking the public display of the Confederate flag, prompting criticism and questions of hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 27October 22, 2020 4:14 PM

No, not gay, but god can he sharpen those claws. He has some fantastically bitchy comebacks in his arsenal. Very quick on his witty feet. I hope he is repaying for selling his soul to the devil years back with those no holds barred attack ads of his. A check is a check though, and that is my concern about him.

by Anonymousreply 28October 22, 2020 4:32 PM

No idea about Wilson's personal life, but "frau" has definitely moved beyond Datalounge and gays

by Anonymousreply 29October 22, 2020 4:34 PM

I like him in his new incarnation, but I certainly wouldn't trust him to continue on as an opponent of Republicanism. Once Trump is gone and the remaining Rs act like they've never heard of him, I assume he'll go back to creating disgusting smear jobs like the one he orchestrated against Max Cleland.

Wilson has been married for decades, has two kids and engages in stereotypically macho pursuits: hunting, fishing, racing, etc.

by Anonymousreply 30October 22, 2020 4:37 PM

He has a couple main gays/queers that are his EPs and social media people.

by Anonymousreply 31October 22, 2020 4:46 PM

The Never Trumpers know that they will never be welcomed back to the fold, so I don’t think there’s any basis for believing that they’ll be opposing Democrats in the future.

by Anonymousreply 32October 22, 2020 4:50 PM

@r25," Oh Dear. —Did you miss the pronoun class in the one room schoolhouse?"

Well, 20 smacks with a ruler Miss School Marm... and if you're good I'll give you 20 more ;-)

by Anonymousreply 33October 22, 2020 6:10 PM

Stop trying to welcome these neocons into the fold. Bush was worse than Trump in terms of sheer destruction and people killed. Does no one remember Iraq? This is not a defense of Trump, just a reminder that these awful Bushers like Rick Wilson and David Frum are trying to wash themselves clean by disavowing Trump and they are getting away with it.

by Anonymousreply 34October 22, 2020 6:16 PM

^^All hands on deck until we're rid of the stench that is Trump and his flying monkeys, afterward we can go back to fighting everything republican and undo all the damage.

by Anonymousreply 35October 22, 2020 6:26 PM

R35 You know how people used to try to get rid of an invasive species by introducing a predator, only for the predator to become the invasive species? You take the ability of neocons to infiltrate power too lightly.

by Anonymousreply 36October 22, 2020 6:39 PM

R 34 Trump is responsible for 215,000+ deaths of American citizens-mostly elderly, people living in poverty and brown people. Hard for me to see how Bush was worse. Trump has no empathy and says he would change nothing he did in response to Covid 19- at least, I felt Bush had some regret and compassion.

by Anonymousreply 37October 22, 2020 6:39 PM

R37 Bush has killed MILLIONS with his wars and the fallout from his wars.

by Anonymousreply 38October 22, 2020 6:41 PM

[quote] Is Rick Wilson one of us?

No. But he is "Troy McClure" gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 22, 2020 6:56 PM

Thankfully, R34 is representative only of the very hard left & doesn't represent the party's base, let alone DLers, who themselves are to the left of the base.

by Anonymousreply 40October 22, 2020 7:07 PM

He admitted on the new abnormal that he built a lot of the fuckery that goes on in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 41October 22, 2020 8:48 PM

I actually think he meant it as "German" She's a Nazi cunt and he probably meant it that way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 22, 2020 9:47 PM

R41 Exactly. He's a large part of why Bush won Florida in 2000. Dems cozying up to this guys is beyond pathetic, it's disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 43October 22, 2020 9:54 PM

Guys, this is a "my enemy's enemy" situation. We will not vote for them. We all have the same goal right now: Trump losing. Once that is done, we move onto to (hopefully) normalcy and we will disagree on issues with these same guys

by Anonymousreply 44October 22, 2020 10:07 PM

-to*

by Anonymousreply 45October 22, 2020 10:07 PM

Lincoln Project is determined to rid the gop of trumpism no matter how long it takes. They’re going all out. We can disagree about policy but they’re on the right side of history on this. They want total Dem control. Some have moved our way on a number of issues.

Tom Nichols has said they will address their past bad deeds and how they helped bring this out in the gop. Stuart Stevens has said the entire gop has been full of shit all along and he’s ashamed he just realized it. He said the gop’s allegiance to the military, flag, small government, and all that was never true. It was held together by racism and hard right nuts.

by Anonymousreply 46October 22, 2020 10:09 PM

R44 There would be no Trump in office now if Gore won in 2000.

by Anonymousreply 47October 22, 2020 10:19 PM

Or as some put it, r46, they just realized OMG the Republican Party is full of Republicans!

by Anonymousreply 48October 22, 2020 10:21 PM

R47, we have no idea how everything would have played out, but I think FOX poisoning public discourse and along with MSM giving a platform to birthers and the constant need to treat every single issue as though it were "left" and "right" rather than fact vs fiction, is a huge part of why we are where we are today.

We can't simply look at elections. We also have to look at how the media demolished journalistic integrity and made ratings their focal point.

by Anonymousreply 49October 22, 2020 10:24 PM

I'm all for them being on the right side of history and trying their best to do what the only sane thing is: get rid of Trump. My wariness comes from the fact that a lot of those same people were perfectly fine with and actually help craft a lot of the GOP agenda that gave way to far-right populism in 2016. They engaged in voter suppression, crypto-racism that, let's admit it, has been one of the firmaments of every GOP platform since Reagan, anti-gay policies, anti-abortionism, gutting of public education, etc. It's great that they are trying to help with trying to find a cure of cancer, having subjected us to a lifetime of second-hand smoke and exposure to asbestos.

by Anonymousreply 50October 22, 2020 10:27 PM

Look, if someone was a shithead in the past and they set fire to their career and lives to try and make amends to help us take down the worst of America, then I am HERE for it. I will welcome our new teammates with open arms! You all who are cutting your nose off to spite your face are going to end up very lonely, with your purity tests.

by Anonymousreply 51October 22, 2020 10:27 PM

"Frau" was NOT a fucking common piece of slang in the 1990s.

It's a Datalounge thing.

by Anonymousreply 52October 22, 2020 10:29 PM

OMG, I know you people hate Joy Reid, but Rick Wilson is on right now and he's hilarious. The attacks on Trump and his flying monkeys are hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 53October 22, 2020 11:15 PM

Saw him, R53, and he was great. Anyone who thinks these Never Trumpers are only temporary Dems are mistaken. The GOP is now and forever sworn enemies of them, and that will keep them within the tent.

by Anonymousreply 54October 23, 2020 12:15 AM

R54, they even admitted on 60 Minutes that they have burned so many bridges. Their only hope is to create party to the left of Trumpers for Republicans who are disgusted by Trump-type extremism, but believe in the GOP's 80s/90s platform sans the religious right and racism bullshit. And it will happen. Mark my words.

They can absolutely build a party with fiscal conservatives without the Evangelical crap and the racism and bigotry. They know there are American citizens who are non-white with educations and white collar jobs or middle class/working class who would vote Republican if not for all of the white supremacist crap and the rejection of science/education.

by Anonymousreply 55October 23, 2020 12:22 AM

[quote] He's one of the resistance's Twitter stars

He’s not a resistor, he’s a Never Trumper. He’s still a republican.

He smeared war veteran John Kerry with the Swift Boat Veterans in favor of shirker & nepotism-benefited George Dubya Bush so we could go back to Iraq, finish the war Dubya’s daddy didn’t finish & continue to stay there.

by Anonymousreply 56October 23, 2020 1:44 AM

Based on his home decorating skills, yes.

by Anonymousreply 57October 23, 2020 2:06 AM

Absolutely.

by Anonymousreply 58October 23, 2020 2:09 AM

Rick has done some hateful shit for a paycheck, by his own "a check is a check" admission. I'm sure he will do it again at some point. He's not Jesus, just smart, and knows how to play the classic, unapologetic Republican smear tactic game against his own (temporarily disavowed) party. Anything to destroy the Trump administration is fair game. This is EXACTLY what we need, because for some reason Democrats are so fucking dainty and reluctant about going balls to the wall/by all means necessary when it is called for. Fuck this worthless "when they go low, we go high" nonsense.

I'm glad Rick is out there busting his ass to correct this fucking DISASTER (remember, he's trying to save his own party), while so many Republicans are quietly hoping to ride it out. If *I* was a Republican, I would find that "keep quiet and hopefully it will all go away soon" attitude horrific, as Wilson clearly does, and he's not having it. I'm sure he's also making money doing this (book, appearances, etc.), and why the fuck not? Politics ain't no charity.

by Anonymousreply 59October 23, 2020 3:50 AM

[quote]he probably remembers when it was briefly in vogue in the 1990s.

Or 1930s Berlin.

by Anonymousreply 60October 23, 2020 5:00 AM

Let's face it a lot of us would vote Republican if not for the racism, homophobia, religious BS etc..

by Anonymousreply 61October 24, 2020 1:08 PM

[quote]Is Rick Wilson one of us?I

A fat middle aged man living in his mother's basement?

by Anonymousreply 62October 25, 2020 7:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!