Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Shonda Rhimes: I left ABC/Disney because a Disney exec balked at giving my kid a Disneyland pass

Scandal!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212November 23, 2020 12:55 AM

Fuck her. She's fucking rich she could buy her brat a pass just like the rest of us.

Seriously, fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 1October 21, 2020 10:18 PM

She has a child?

Who knew? (Actually, who cares ...?)

by Anonymousreply 2October 21, 2020 10:20 PM

I cried because I had no Minnie Mouse shoes and then I met...

by Anonymousreply 3October 21, 2020 10:23 PM

South Park Mickey is the real Mickey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 21, 2020 10:28 PM

R2 she has three

by Anonymousreply 5October 21, 2020 10:29 PM

I know it's popular to hate on women, especially when they're fat and black too.....

But she made Disney two billion - BILLION - dollars. For them to be that shady and ignorant over something like that.......well, they shot themselves in the foot.

by Anonymousreply 6October 21, 2020 10:31 PM

It wasn't her kid who needed a pass, it was her sister. I have newfound respect for Shonda. God, I hate the Disney Empire!

by Anonymousreply 7October 21, 2020 10:32 PM

I feel her pain.

by Anonymousreply 8October 21, 2020 10:32 PM

Damn. That's a extremely petty reason to leave ABC.

by Anonymousreply 9October 21, 2020 10:56 PM

Good for her. That is no way to treat someone who is keeping your company afloat. I don't care if Shona wanted 100 Disney passes, you fucking give them to her.

by Anonymousreply 10October 21, 2020 10:58 PM

[quote]But she made Disney two billion - BILLION - dollars. For them to be that shady and ignorant over something like that.......well, they shot themselves in the foot.

They certainly did. But Shonda displayed the tremendous sense of entitlement many rich people have. It's not enough that the company paid her tens of millions of dollars a year, it also has to shell out for stupid incidentals because ... well, because she shouldn't have to pay for anything she doesn't want to.

by Anonymousreply 11October 21, 2020 11:00 PM

R5 R2 via adoption and surrogacy.

Lesbian? Or just a faulty uterus?

by Anonymousreply 12October 21, 2020 11:00 PM

If Robert Downey Jr. or Kevin Feige wanted additional passes, Disney would have had them couriered to them. It's not a petty reason to leave. They showed her that she wasn't even worth Disneyland tickets when her shows - whether created by or produced - have been ABC relevant.

by Anonymousreply 13October 21, 2020 11:01 PM

Not surprised by this.

She writes like a fucking adolescent, so...

by Anonymousreply 14October 21, 2020 11:01 PM

The fact that she would even ask is ridiculous. Wealthy people who expect handouts are truly loathsome.

by Anonymousreply 15October 21, 2020 11:06 PM

I appreciate that she keeps it real, 100% of the time.

by Anonymousreply 16October 21, 2020 11:06 PM

R13 here.

Crying real tears for a no-talent cunt of color.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17October 21, 2020 11:06 PM

Did she throw a tantrum?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 21, 2020 11:06 PM

I had a friend that worked for a couple different ABC/Disney owned cable networks for quite a few years and one of the perks of working there was that they automatically got a free pass to Disneyland for themselves and like four others (family or friends) and they would also get a couple of additional passes a year for relatives. Then again, Disney doesn't pay employees well so it's one way they probably justify that. That being said, even though Shonda can obviously afford unlimited trips to Disneyland on her own dime, it seems petty that they would turn her down for something that is obviously very feasible for them.

by Anonymousreply 19October 21, 2020 11:09 PM

RPP.

by Anonymousreply 20October 21, 2020 11:09 PM

"It can be hard to know when it’s time to quit your job. But a new interview with Shonda Rhimes highlights one important rule of thumb: When you feel undervalued, it’s time to start looking for a new gig."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 21, 2020 11:28 PM

Cunt

by Anonymousreply 22October 21, 2020 11:36 PM

If someone who made my network $2 billion dollars called an exec who worked for me because she needed an extra pass to Disney World, the correct instruction for that exec is is "Put on the fucking Mickey head and drive her to the park YOURSELF you useless fucking suit."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23October 21, 2020 11:42 PM

Rhimes was growing creatively restless. "I felt like I was dying," she says now of the unforgiving pace and constraints of network TV. "Like I'd been pushing the same ball up the same hill in the exact same way for a really long time."

She knew her breaking point would come, but what it would be she never could have predicted. As part of her ABC relationship, Rhimes had been given an all-inclusive pass to Disneyland — and without a partner, she'd negotiated a second for her nanny. But on this day, she needed one for her sister, too, as she'd be taking Rhimes' teenage daughter while the nanny chaperoned her younger two. If the passes had been interchangeable, Rhimes would have been happy to give up hers — when would she have time to go to Disneyland anyway?

After some unwanted back-and-forth — "We never do this," she was told more than once — Rhimes was issued an additional pass. But when her daughters arrived in Anaheim, only one of the passes worked. Rhimes lobbed a call to a high-ranking executive at the company. Surely, he would get this sorted.

Instead, the exec allegedly replied, "Don't you have enough?"

She thanked him for his time, then hung up and called her lawyer: Figure out a way to get her over to Netflix, or she'd find new representatives.

Team Shonda.

by Anonymousreply 24October 21, 2020 11:45 PM

[quote]"When you feel undervalued, it’s time to start looking for a new gig."

Undervalued = When I can't be as much of a cunt as I want to be.

by Anonymousreply 25October 21, 2020 11:51 PM

Do you know who I am?

by Anonymousreply 26October 21, 2020 11:56 PM

[quote]I had a friend that worked for a couple different ABC/Disney owned cable networks for quite a few years and one of the perks of working there was that they automatically got a free pass to Disneyland for themselves and like four others (family or friends) and they would also get a couple of additional passes a year for relatives. Then again, Disney doesn't pay employees well so it's one way they probably justify that.

There are so many blackout dates (moreso for Disneyland, than California Adventure) that if an employee wants to use their pass, more often than not they have to take a day off work as the weekends are almost always blacked out. There's more flexibility with the guest pass.

by Anonymousreply 27October 21, 2020 11:57 PM

So Shonda has now outcunted Miss Heigl.

by Anonymousreply 28October 21, 2020 11:58 PM

How is Shonda a cunt? She has made BILLIONS for ABC and they were haggling over a $150 day pass. How many times a day does the Mouse blow $150 on crap? She wasn't asking for them to close the park for a long weekend so she could have a private visit.

by Anonymousreply 29October 22, 2020 12:03 AM

It is really if free passes are routine R29 for major talent..

If Chris Evans gets free passes, then yes, she has every reason to bitch.

If he doesn’t, then she has the resources to pay for the passes 100X over.

No one really knows the answer to this question, unless the personal assistant of RDJ or Chris Evans want to chime in.

by Anonymousreply 30October 22, 2020 12:07 AM

The pass she was referring to as "all inclusive" was the 5k+++ private VIP tour- complete with lunch in the castle.

by Anonymousreply 31October 22, 2020 12:12 AM

{quote]a documentary about director, choreographer and philanthropist Debbie Allen.

Lemme go put on my leotard and get my big stick...

by Anonymousreply 32October 22, 2020 12:15 AM

If she gets this upset over a fucking Disney pass then she is indeed an uber-cunt.

by Anonymousreply 33October 22, 2020 12:15 AM

[quote]complete with lunch in the castle.

Fuck, we only got breakfast with the princesses for $49.99.

by Anonymousreply 34October 22, 2020 12:16 AM

On one hand, good for her. I fucking hate Disney. However, on the other hand, this is the kind of power many rich blacks have but would rather bitch about not having than pat themselves on the back for having. Crying about being disadvantaged & inferring racism are more palatable than acknowledging progress.

by Anonymousreply 35October 22, 2020 12:20 AM

Here's the deal. Wealthy people and celebrities get a lot of free shit that they can afford many times over, that regular people just don't get or have access to getting. That is the part about life not being fair, that your mom warned you about. If the passes were transferrable, Shonda would have given the young lady her pass. An extra pass is meaningless to ABC. Even more meaningless when you're talking to the producer who is minting money for you. The exec who made the "don't you have enough" comment to her, should have been fired on the spot. She realized that her contribution to the bottom line of that company didn't mean shit and it's nice that she had the option to walk away.

by Anonymousreply 36October 22, 2020 12:26 AM

R33 It's not about the pass per se. It's about Disney's shitty attitude about the pass. They were stupidly cheap and difficult and this is the consequence. Sounds like she was thinking of jumping ship and this obnoxiousness (on their part) was the tipping point. This is not how you treat someone you value. I wonder if the person who gave her a hard time is now fired.

by Anonymousreply 37October 22, 2020 12:31 AM

Should she have gotten the pass? Yes. She made the company billions of dollars.

At the same time, to call an executive and complain about a pass to Disney when she easily could have paid, is just cringeworthy. It makes me wonder how many othertimes she has tried to pull that crap.

She is playing the martyr. Doesn’t work so well when you are as rich as she is.

by Anonymousreply 38October 22, 2020 12:38 AM

You know all DLers would pull a Shonda too.

by Anonymousreply 39October 22, 2020 12:45 AM

I live in Florida. Disney park employees get tons of free passes a year for friends and family, you just can't use them on black out dates, like holidays or holiday weekends. I've never paid to go because I know park employees. The exec and everyone involved were complete dumb asses. You bend for people who are contributing that much to the company.

by Anonymousreply 40October 22, 2020 12:53 AM

My old neighbour was some sort of Dishey exec, he had passes. He also had Disney pay all his shipping for his many shopping trips, including several really heavy purchases, including the LeCreuset outlet store.

Sounds like they shortchanged her vis-à-vis there perks given freely to others.

by Anonymousreply 41October 22, 2020 12:54 AM

^ their

by Anonymousreply 42October 22, 2020 12:54 AM

^ Disney... he was the antithesis of dishy!

by Anonymousreply 43October 22, 2020 12:56 AM

Figures. She and Ellen Pompeo are greedy cunts. That Grey's set is a toxic set of egos and cunts.

by Anonymousreply 44October 22, 2020 1:04 AM

Others have already said this but it bears repeating that DLers are going to call her a fucking cunt repeatedly because that's what the miserable old coots do on here, but it's Disney, they can give one of their top-earning personalities a damn Disneyland pass.

by Anonymousreply 45October 22, 2020 1:12 AM

[quote]At the same time, to call an executive and complain about a pass to Disney when she easily could have paid, is just cringeworthy.

Not at all. Anyone in a high-level job making the kind of money she is for a corporation would expect perks, probably had even been promised perks in the past. To get denied something this basic is ridiculous.

You act like she's never been in contact with the execs before. She probably called someone she'd met socially on numerous occasions.

by Anonymousreply 46October 22, 2020 1:15 AM

Perks, or lack thereof, show you what you mean to an employer.

by Anonymousreply 47October 22, 2020 1:19 AM

[quote]r40 The exec and everyone involved were complete dumb asses. You bend for people who are contributing that much to the company.

Not if they want you to bend for them just for the heck of it. Then you tell them [italic]no[/italic] and stand your ground.

#PussyPassDenied

by Anonymousreply 48October 22, 2020 1:22 AM

I want to hear from the exec. I think there is something missing from the story.

by Anonymousreply 49October 22, 2020 1:23 AM

Bingo R47

She didn't say it out loud, but I'm sure she was thinking that if she was a white man, they'd have sent someone to give her a personal tour and let them cut all the lines.

Unbelievably dumb on Disney's part.

Disney needed her way more than she needed them

by Anonymousreply 50October 22, 2020 1:24 AM

Let's face it - this was symbolic. It was literally the straw that broke her back. When you're tired of fighting and getting respect from ANYONE, it's a small detail that will make you break.

It's not the fights over the big stuff - those build the foundation of resentment. It's the final knit-picky shit where you go - you know what? Fuck you and fuck this shit, I'm OUT!

Good for her - I'm all about people changing up the industry. There are way too many middle-men making too many calls and way too much money on other people's hard work, creativity, and ingenuity.

Brava Shonda! (Psst - but I've never watched a single episode of her stuff).

by Anonymousreply 51October 22, 2020 1:24 AM

The title is wrong. This was not the sole reason she left.

by Anonymousreply 52October 22, 2020 1:24 AM

Did she go to Warner Brothers with her shows? They own the Six Flags parks.

by Anonymousreply 53October 22, 2020 1:26 AM

so many fat whores calling her a cunt

by Anonymousreply 54October 22, 2020 1:28 AM

R51 gets it

by Anonymousreply 55October 22, 2020 1:28 AM

How did she even get to be where she is? Diversity chair? Sorry but I think she's a shit writer.

by Anonymousreply 56October 22, 2020 1:31 AM

R56 Really? That's why they're so successful? She's a prolific writer and creator. There aren't that many left with the takeover of reality TV, and all the talk shows. I think her success speaks for itself.

by Anonymousreply 57October 22, 2020 1:44 AM

She got there by writing a crappy nighttime soap opera where lots of very pretty characters hopped from one bed to another on a nightly basis, which sucked in 16 MILLION viewers when it premiered and sometimes had more than twice those viewership numbers.

The head of the Disney exec who grouched at her over a park pass like she should be grateful they even let her family in should still be rolling to this day.

by Anonymousreply 58October 22, 2020 1:47 AM

Regardless of what you think of her shows (I dropped Grey's when Sandra Oh left) she is a proven hit-maker.

by Anonymousreply 59October 22, 2020 1:48 AM

Shonda should've been able to have her fucking family reunion up in there for free, electric slide and all. She's made them a shit load of money and contributed to much of the network's relevance for many years.

by Anonymousreply 60October 22, 2020 1:51 AM

It was probably the last straw, not the sole reason.

There was no reason for either side to make a Disneyland pass a deal-breaker.

by Anonymousreply 61October 22, 2020 1:51 AM

She has many accomplishments besides the Grey's Anatomy and spin-offs franchises. She wrote the Britney Spears debut film [italic] Crossroads[/italic]. That made over 60M. Rhimes also was responsible for writing [italic] The Princess Diaries[/italic].

I'm a fan of [italic] Scandal, and [italic] How to Get Away with Murder[/italic] and I don't watch or enjoy much television as it is. She's a well educated successful Black Woman, nominated for three Emmy awards, won a Golden Globe, in addition to several awards from Writer's Guild of America, Producer's Guild of America, and the Director's Guild of America.

Yeah, just a crappy nightime soap opera writer.

by Anonymousreply 62October 22, 2020 2:00 AM

Listen - for all you griping about the quality of the writing - take it up with the networks and compare against other shows. She makes stuff that has a big audience.

Aaron Spelling's shows weren't exactly high-brow or well written, but they made a lot of money.

Stop acting like she had to write Shakespeare. She's good at what she does, regardless if it isn't your cup of tea. It's entertainment and a lot of people like it. Period.

by Anonymousreply 63October 22, 2020 2:00 AM

[quote]Did she go to Warner Brothers with her shows? They own the Six Flags parks.

Warner Bros. does not own Six Flags.

by Anonymousreply 64October 22, 2020 2:00 AM

Ooopsy daisy with the formatting there.

by Anonymousreply 65October 22, 2020 2:02 AM

Agreed R63 there are many creators who have made a shit ton of money because their shows, movies, books, SELL. Quality is irrelevant if something sells and Shonda's stuff sells

by Anonymousreply 66October 22, 2020 2:08 AM

I guess the long standing rumors that Disney is a cheap ass outfit are true.

by Anonymousreply 67October 22, 2020 2:11 AM

Boo hoo hoo! Boo hoo hoo! Disney didn't give poor, poor multi-millionaire a Disneyland pass! Boo hoo hoo! God, some of you people are such idiots. I'm not going to weep with pity for this bitch.

by Anonymousreply 68October 22, 2020 2:25 AM

R68

You didn’t even read the entire thing. You must be a troll.

by Anonymousreply 69October 22, 2020 2:51 AM

There's more to the story than she's telling us.

by Anonymousreply 70October 22, 2020 2:54 AM

[quote] Stop acting like she had to write Shakespeare. She's good at what she does, regardless if it isn't your cup of tea.

But she's a fat, black, woman. And so some people will think she's uppity no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 71October 22, 2020 2:56 AM

Probably ONE petty bitch made the decision to deny her the pass, not the whole damn Disney empire. She should have accepted the slight with class, then let the story leak that she had been done dirty by a company that owed her so much. Let it play out in the press. The dork who wronged her would be fired, she would get some apology perks, an formal apology from TPTB—-and free passes for her family for life.

by Anonymousreply 72October 22, 2020 3:05 AM

"She's good at what she does, regardless if it isn't your cup of tea."

What is she "good" at? Everything she does is dreck, but there's an audience for that, and she panders to it. I guess she's good at creating profitable trash. Some people ARE good at that.

by Anonymousreply 73October 22, 2020 3:10 AM

R71 - well, I would say it's more that she's a woman. Hollywood is an awful boys club still.

I can imagine that she later got calls saying, "Shonda, don't be so unreasonable. We have a long, successful history together - don't ruin this and throw it all away. We've done a lot for you...blahblahblah".

Just like in a relationship where you've looked past things and compromised on a lot of stuff, this one item is the point of no going back. We've all been there. And that follow-up call just cements the decision. Nope - it's over for real now and I feel good about the decision.

Whether it's your job or a partner, we've all been there and never regret it later.

by Anonymousreply 74October 22, 2020 3:10 AM

Not a fan of her work, but I get this. I went above and beyond at a job before and my boss was super-dismissive of me afterwards. I have always regretted not quitting then and there.

by Anonymousreply 75October 22, 2020 3:13 AM

If disney let shonda walk over a fast pass, there is more there there. They wanted her to walk.

by Anonymousreply 76October 22, 2020 3:13 AM

Remember how she giggled backstage at the Golden Globes when Issiah Washington repeated that he had called TR Knight a faggot?

by Anonymousreply 77October 22, 2020 3:26 AM

Remember when she brought the homophobic Washington back for an episode?

She's a cunt. Shocked at all her defenders here.

by Anonymousreply 78October 22, 2020 3:39 AM

Much of what is praised these days, by critics and the awards shows, is not popular with a large swath of the population--you can even see it on DL

They find shows like Ozark, Silicon Valley, even Stranger Things, to be boring and confusing.

And the truth is the audiences for those shows is pretty small.

Rhimes makes successful mass market shows that attract huge audiences and make ABC lots of money

Same way a book by Edwidge Danticat may win all sorts of awards but not sell many copies versus a pulp novel by James Patterson.s

by Anonymousreply 79October 22, 2020 9:47 AM

^^Made ABC a lot of money.

by Anonymousreply 80October 22, 2020 9:48 AM

This story is such a shanda!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81October 22, 2020 10:27 AM

I wouldn't doubt there are some executives at ABC/Disney who are secretly racist and hated her for getting as high on the totem pole as she did. They may not have been able to fire her, but they could use their power to deny her in smaller ways in order to belittle her.

by Anonymousreply 82October 22, 2020 11:04 AM

[quote] She thanked him for his time, then hung up and called her lawyer: Figure out a way to get her over to Netflix, or she'd find new representatives.

I don’t think she’s a cunt for asking for a Disney pass but she is a cunt for threatening her lawyer this way. “Make this happen or ELSE you’re fired!”

by Anonymousreply 83October 22, 2020 11:09 AM

I certainly hope the nitwit exec who said that to her was fired. His actions lost that company millions of dollars.

by Anonymousreply 84October 22, 2020 11:20 AM

On one hand, I am appalled at Disney’s greed. But I’m also appalled by Shonda being so entitled and cheap. She could buy a million fucking Disney passes.

by Anonymousreply 85October 22, 2020 11:49 AM

Did Shonda give a fuck about labor abuses at Disney? No she only got mad when her rich entitled ass was denied something she could afford 10 million times over.

by Anonymousreply 86October 22, 2020 11:54 AM

You can tell who didn’t read everything she said.

by Anonymousreply 87October 22, 2020 12:16 PM

[quote] Should she have gotten the pass? Yes. She made the company billions of dollars. At the same time, to call an executive and complain about a pass to Disney when she easily could have paid, is just cringeworthy. It makes me wonder how many othertimes she has tried to pull that crap.

Some of you nitwits don't understand the concept of respect.

by Anonymousreply 88October 22, 2020 1:20 PM

“Netflix didn’t validate my parking, I’m out!”

by Anonymousreply 89October 22, 2020 1:29 PM

R88, She was already given quite a few passes hence why the guy said on the phone "Don't you have enough?". It'e not going to break the bank to spring for one fucking pass.

If Ellen Degeneres told this story you'd all be having a coreonary about how entirled and cheap she is.

by Anonymousreply 90October 22, 2020 1:41 PM

I wish I had that power! Every time I get the runaround by a business--like an airline--I'd just say, "Im taking my $2 billion elsewhere!"

by Anonymousreply 91October 22, 2020 2:19 PM

[quote] She was already given quite a few passes hence why the guy said on the phone "Don't you have enough?". It'e not going to break the bank to spring for one fucking pass.

The 'Don't you have enough" slight was likely the last of a series of issues she had with Disney. Good for her!

by Anonymousreply 92October 22, 2020 2:21 PM

I'm particularly excited about the Debbie Allen documentary dropping at the end of Nov!

by Anonymousreply 93October 22, 2020 2:21 PM

"The 'Don't you have enough" slight was likely the last of a series of issues she had with Disney. Good for her!"

"LIkely the last of a series of issues she had with Disney", like hell! She'd didn't get her ass kissed and she threw a tantrum about it. Fuck the bitch!

by Anonymousreply 94October 22, 2020 4:09 PM

Shonda is a str8 black woman. She can get away with being. A brat. Ellen would get eaten alive for this.

by Anonymousreply 95October 22, 2020 4:51 PM

I’ve always imagined Shonda is all “My pussy doesn’t stink, periodt!”

by Anonymousreply 96October 22, 2020 4:55 PM

I'll bet she doesn't like paying her taxes, either. CHEAP CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 97October 22, 2020 5:00 PM

Who gave Shonda her break?

by Anonymousreply 98October 22, 2020 5:05 PM

When she masterbates, do you think she imagines herself as Meredith Grey?

by Anonymousreply 99October 22, 2020 5:15 PM

It would be nice if both Disney and Shonda fought each other to the bitter end.

Celebrity/Industry death match.

by Anonymousreply 100October 22, 2020 5:16 PM

R99 Perhaps if she has a thing for Pompeo's husband IRL. Otherwise I don't think there's a character specific ideation, or correlation, otherwise Grey would be written as black IMHO.

by Anonymousreply 101October 22, 2020 5:17 PM

[quote] She'd didn't get her ass kissed and she threw a tantrum about it. Fuck the bitch!

As a recap, she brought Disney $2 BILLION. They need to be falling all over themselves kissing her feet

by Anonymousreply 102October 22, 2020 5:26 PM

Love this quote regarding her move to Netflix:

"Why do reporters always say writers were 'lured' [into deals]? Like we're children following a trail of candy. I created a $2B+ revenue stream for a major corp. with my imagination. I do not follow trails of candy. I am the candy."

by Anonymousreply 103October 22, 2020 5:33 PM

"As a recap, she brought Disney $2 BILLION. They need to be falling all over themselves kissing her feet."

So fucking what if she made money for Disney? That doesn't give her carte blanche to act like a revolting, entitled. cunt. And what about the money she's gotten from Disney? Seems to me she's the one who should be doing the feet kissing.

by Anonymousreply 104October 22, 2020 5:43 PM

It's not about the pass it is about the action. She has the highest-rated shows on your network - is working 90 hours a week and wants a 150 dollar pass to Disneyland. Fucking give it to her. If that were me and I got that call I would have taken out my Amex and paid for an annual pass for any of her kids she wanted. They need to learn the phrase a nickel is holding up a dollar. Yes she could buy 1000 passes and not care. Not the point. If I am making you 2 billion dollars, working my ass off then if you won't give me a fucking 150 dollar pass fuck you, I'm out.

by Anonymousreply 105October 22, 2020 6:04 PM

Greys Anatomy was fucking terribela and appeals to the lowest common denominator. Im not imoressed with how much money she's netted for disney.

I would respect her if she threw power around for the greater good not for free disney passes.

by Anonymousreply 106October 22, 2020 6:24 PM

"If I am making you 2 billion dollars, working my ass off then if you won't give me a fucking 150 dollar pass fuck you, I'm out."

That is a very childish, immature, narcissistic attitude. Very cuntish.

by Anonymousreply 107October 22, 2020 6:29 PM

At my first industry job, right out of college, I worked hard to establish myself. I worked overtime. I found and brought in the company's most profitable movie (according to the bookkeeping). I was nickel'd and dime'd over everything. Any perks I was given (and they were rare) it always emphasized that how grateful I should be. After a year and a half, I realized I was never going to be important to the company. After another year, I'd saved up enough to quit and not-starve while I searched for a new job. When I finally gave my notice, my boss asked me if I'd stay on to help them transition me out (because I worked 3 jobs for the price of 1). I've never said no faster to anything in my life.

People like to feel important at work, that what they do matters. By fighting Shonda over something like a day pass to Disney, the exec was saying "you're not important." And as others have said, it was the last straw for her, not the only reason.

by Anonymousreply 108October 22, 2020 6:45 PM

[quote] and wants a 150 dollar pass to Disneyland.

She wanted an additional $5k VIP pass, not the plebe Day at Disney one.

by Anonymousreply 109October 22, 2020 7:12 PM

[quote] So fucking what if she made money for Disney? That doesn't give her carte blanche to act like a revolting, entitled. cunt.

Sure it does.

by Anonymousreply 110October 22, 2020 7:19 PM

[quote] She wanted an additional $5k VIP pass, not the plebe Day at Disney one.

Disney sells $5K passes?

by Anonymousreply 111October 22, 2020 7:20 PM

[quote] Greys Anatomy was fucking terribela and appeals to the lowest common denominator. Im not imoressed with how much money she's netted for disney.

STOP THE PRESSES!! This DLer has SPOKEN!

by Anonymousreply 112October 22, 2020 7:21 PM

"Sure it does."

No, it doesn't. She behaved like a cunt. Over a Disney pass. What a cunt!

by Anonymousreply 113October 22, 2020 7:48 PM

R113 - you didn't read the article or this whole thread. It wasn't about just the Disney pass, you moron.

by Anonymousreply 114October 22, 2020 7:51 PM

They reason they did not say "how high," when shonda yelled jump is they wanted her to walk. They wanted here to demand to leave her contract, and they said OKAY. Disney owns the shows and they paid the writers to rewrite old scripts. It's a team of writers, not shonda. Also, Disney created and paid for all the mass marketing that made those shows popular, not shonda.

by Anonymousreply 115October 22, 2020 8:10 PM

Some of you don't read. She didn't break an existing contract. They were in negotiations for her to stay.

"But by early 2017, her reps were back in discussions with the company about a new multiyear deal. They'd already made a hefty ask of her longtime home and were waiting as the TV group's then leadership prolonged the process, with one briefly tenured ABC executive determined to drive down the price tag on their most valuable creator."

by Anonymousreply 116October 22, 2020 8:16 PM

" It wasn't about just the Disney pass, you moron."

You're defending a cunt, so that makes you the moron, moron.

by Anonymousreply 117October 22, 2020 8:24 PM

r117 no you are being misogynistic. Why is she a cunt for knowing her worth? If it was a man she would be applauded. Look I get it she is rich she can buy a Disney pass. But she works for Disney. She makes 2 billion a year for Disney. IF they are going to complain about a 4K pass, that is nickel and dime stuff and a huge red flag to me. Know your worth. I will leave and have left jobs where I felt disrespected. Good for her. You may hate her shows and her work but she speaks a to a large portion of the population who love her work.

by Anonymousreply 118October 22, 2020 8:53 PM

[quote] You're defending a cunt, so that makes you the moron, moron.

How much you want to make a bet Disney begged and begged her to stay, apologizing for and firing the administrative asst who refused her the pass?

by Anonymousreply 119October 22, 2020 8:59 PM

r119 it was not a admin it was an exec who flat out told her "don't you have enough," ? It was not like she was asking for a new pass, she was asking if they could give the one they have her to her sister since she was too busy to take her kids to disney

by Anonymousreply 120October 22, 2020 9:01 PM

[quote]The dork who wronged her would be fired, she would get some apology perks, an formal apology from TPTB—-and free passes for her family for life.

No.

She was ready to go and then this happened which proved that they didn't respect her. That was her cue that she was on the right track.

They bitched about giving her the pass ...

Then the pass didn't work when she got it ...

Then they bitched about having to fix it.

She was the face of ABC Disney for years who made them billions who still has a successful show that shows no signs of stopping (at that time THREE successful shows) on the air. It absolutely shouldn't have been a big deal. She's also been around long enough to know that those passes aren't that hard to get and shouldn't be at her level but they made it so difficult just to get one for HER.

And it was definitely more than just a single exec involved in this.

by Anonymousreply 121October 22, 2020 9:08 PM

Seems to me Shonda Rhimes wants her assed continuously, long, and deep. That makes her a cunt. And I don't care how many "billions" she's made for Disney or how successful her shows (which are garbage soap operas) are. A cunt is a cunt. And she is one. Obviously.

by Anonymousreply 122October 22, 2020 9:14 PM

[quote] She was the face of ABC Disney for years

Excuse me?

by Anonymousreply 123October 22, 2020 9:17 PM

She was the "face of ABC Disney for years?" More like the ASS of ABC Disney for years.

by Anonymousreply 124October 22, 2020 9:21 PM

Is Shonda implying Disney is racist?

by Anonymousreply 125October 22, 2020 9:22 PM

the article is just shonda's lame story. If disney wanted her to stay, they would give her more passes. If they were end negotiations and dinsey did not give her want she wanted, they wanted her to leave.

by Anonymousreply 126October 22, 2020 9:22 PM

if shonda wanted to go to netflix and she just got a deal there and left, she would be blabbing on about disney.

by Anonymousreply 127October 22, 2020 9:25 PM

Totally agree with her. Fuck them. The give free passes all the time, but she's met with "don't you have enough"?

by Anonymousreply 128October 22, 2020 9:28 PM

" The give free passes all the time, but she's met with "don't you have enough"?"

She didn't need a free pass, you idiot. She could have brought a million of them, you dumbass. Fuck YOU.

by Anonymousreply 129October 22, 2020 9:30 PM

they wanted her to leave.

by Anonymousreply 130October 22, 2020 9:34 PM

I'm team disney. i work in a field that caters to a certain type of health care provider. They are so cheap. They will ask for everything free - even when it is not something you can possibly get them for free. and the average salary/income for them is north of 500k on the low end.

by Anonymousreply 131October 22, 2020 9:40 PM

I don't know the particulars but can't she afford her own park passes? And why the fuck wouldn't they just give her passes.

by Anonymousreply 132October 22, 2020 9:41 PM

She left ABC? Oh no! Where am I gonna get my shallow, pornified storylines featuring poor-developed characters? Oh wait, there's still Dr. Phil.

by Anonymousreply 133October 22, 2020 9:47 PM

R133 *ly

by Anonymousreply 134October 22, 2020 9:49 PM

my guess is her guests were treating the park workers BADLY.

by Anonymousreply 135October 22, 2020 9:54 PM

That article seems like it was Netflix-sponsored.

by Anonymousreply 136October 22, 2020 10:00 PM

[quote]I don't know the particulars but can't she afford her own park passes? And why the fuck wouldn't they just give her passes.

Well you should have read the article.

They gave her the passes as part of her contract which is standard for a person and their partner.

Shonda had a pass. The nanny had a pass since Shonda isn't married so the one meant for her partner went to her.

Shonda's sister was going to take her teenage daughter (since Shonda was working) BUT they found out the passes weren't transferrable and they wouldn't let the sister have Shonda's pass for the day. She'd have to ask for one for her sister.

She asked Disney for one for her before they went, they complained, they gave it to her and then when the day came the pass didn't work.

When she called someone at Disney to see if they could fix the pass they sent her sister they said, "Don't you have enough?"

She said thank you, called her people and said get her out of here. I also think it speaks volumes about the company if this is that hard to sort out.

by Anonymousreply 137October 22, 2020 10:10 PM

I can honestly see how this would bother me even more as a Black woman, when others contributing far less to the company's bottom line get them without any drama. I'm sure she'll continue to do well at Netflix.

Despite the homophobic anecdotes, which I honestly never heard of, I find it surprising so many ate quick to label her a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 138October 22, 2020 11:07 PM

^ are

by Anonymousreply 139October 22, 2020 11:07 PM

How long until Netflix comes up with its own theme park? What would the attractions be?

by Anonymousreply 140October 22, 2020 11:32 PM

R140 Ironic that Shondaland's logo is a roller coaster in a theme park. Disney should have known better based on that small fact alone.

by Anonymousreply 141October 22, 2020 11:36 PM

Who the hell watches the execrable shows that Shonda Rhimes produces? The only thing I can figure is that they're watched by teenage girls, middle-aged women and young adult women who have the mentality of teenage girls. Who else would watch shows where typical dialogue goes like this:

I love you. Oh God.. oh, my God, that just came flying out of my face. I love you. I just...I did it again. I love you. I do. I just, I love you. And I have been trying not to say it. I have been trying so hard to just mash it down and ignore it and not say it… I am so in love with you. You’re in me. You’re like — it’s like you’re a disease. It’s like I am infected by Mark Sloan and I just can’t think about anything or anybody and I can’t sleep. I can’t breathe. I can’t eat. And I love you. I love you all the time. Every minute of every day. I love you.

I love you. I do. I love you. I've always been in love with you. I will always be in love with you. We can get married. And you're gonna be an amazing surgeon. We're gonna have 2 or 3 kids. We're gonna be happy, Lex. You and me. We're gonna have the best life, Lexie. You and me. You can't die, because we're supposed to end up together. We are meant to be. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you.

by Anonymousreply 142October 23, 2020 12:03 AM

Wow. People are actually siding with DISNEY over a woman, who, like her or not, worked her ass off and made them a fortune.

Disney is the hard done by entity here, according to some posters. Disney.

WOW.

by Anonymousreply 143October 23, 2020 12:11 AM

Well, Shonda, you certainly didn't see the VALUE of the years we contributed to your show when we were fired.

Hypocritical cunt.

by Anonymousreply 144October 23, 2020 12:24 AM

[Quote] I love you. I do. I love you. I've always been in love with you. I will always be in love with you. We can get married. And you're gonna be an amazing surgeon. We're gonna have 2 or 3 kids. We're gonna be happy, Lex. You and me. We're gonna have the best life, Lexie. You and me. You can't die, because we're supposed to end up together. We are meant to be. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you.

Chyler was great in that scene though.

by Anonymousreply 145October 23, 2020 1:49 AM

Sure, she made Disney $2B., but she didn't work for free. She negotiated for & accepted what she thought was fair compensation...until she didn't get that pass. Quit acting like Shonda Rimes was taken advantage of, wronged or under compensated for her at Disney. I'm sure there many demands made by Rimes & met by Disney during her employment with them.

by Anonymousreply 146October 23, 2020 2:04 AM

R137, why not just pay to get in

by Anonymousreply 147October 23, 2020 2:11 AM

[quote]She negotiated for & accepted what she thought was fair compensation...until she didn't get that pass.

She negotiated two passes [italic]as part of her deal[/italic] not knowing she couldn't allow someone else to use her pass while she was working at the network during the day on two shows and overseeing a third one. So no, this is exactly what she was owed.

[quote]why not just pay to get in

Because they issued her sister a pass that didn't work and then got snippy with her when she asked if they could fix it like they agreed?

It's not about the money. It's about the fact that none of this should have been a big deal.

by Anonymousreply 148October 23, 2020 2:27 AM

Sounds like they wanted to let her go, the pass move was petty on her part and Disney doing nothing about it its a good indicator she didn't want her to stay.

[quote] It wasn't her kid who needed a pass, it was her sister. I have newfound respect for Shonda. God, I hate the Disney Empire!

You mean the same empire that hired her in the first place and gave her a career? I'm far from defending a corporation that changed copyright worldwide to their own benefit, but it was a petty move on her part.

by Anonymousreply 149October 23, 2020 2:28 AM

[quote] I love you. I do. I love you. I've always been in love with you. I will always be in love with you. We can get married. And you're gonna be an amazing surgeon. We're gonna have 2 or 3 kids. We're gonna be happy, Lex. You and me. We're gonna have the best life, Lexie. You and me. You can't die, because we're supposed to end up together. We are meant to be. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you.

R142, I thought you were joking about this monologue, but then R145 commented and it sounds like it was really from a script that Rhimes wrote.

Anyway, it does not sound like something I would want to watch. It's this kind of crap that gives young people the idea that there's one perfect person out there in the world that they should be married to and then live a perfect life together, happily ever after.

by Anonymousreply 150October 23, 2020 2:30 AM

Is the bitch so cheap that even after the pass not working, she called the an exec to get another free one instead of just fucking purchasing one?

God i hate the rich. Shonda probanly thinks she's above paying taxes too.

by Anonymousreply 151October 23, 2020 2:35 AM

[quote] She didn't say it out loud, but I'm sure she was thinking that if she was a white man, they'd have sent someone to give her a personal tour and let them cut all the lines.

Must victimhood always be thrown in? She was the highest paying showrunner on TV, for a mediocre soapy show but that's another conversation, so she was treated way better than any other white straight male out there.

BTW the main reason a pass exists is so you can cut the lines.

by Anonymousreply 152October 23, 2020 2:38 AM

This reminds me of Oprahs' Hermes debacle.

by Anonymousreply 153October 23, 2020 2:40 AM

Yes. R153.

She had great luck in timing; Grey's hit at the right time.

I can come up with a Shonda type show off the top of my head.

7 law students all lose their cushy big firm gigs; a crusty old lawyer opens up a storefront firm and recruits them. Hire a big name 80s or 90s star to be the crusty lawyer. Tyne Daly? Sharon Gless?

Two of the 7 are ridiculously attractive; one's a clown; one's fat; one's ULTRA homely. Two average. One of the average looking one's estranged father or mother is a judge and they're ALWAYS going up against them. Mix in love affairs. One surprise death of a supporting player.

Write in current events. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

For every Grey's, she's had a For the People, The Writers' Room, and Off the Map. How many series does she have in her for Netflix?

I wish her happiness, but it has to come from within. I don't some people will ever be happy. Anthony Anderson could win five Emmys and it'll still be 'why did this take so long?'

Just my two cents.

by Anonymousreply 154October 23, 2020 3:06 AM

The silent film star John Gilbert's career was supposedly ruined by his uttering over and over "I love you" in a high pitched voice in his first talkie. This incident was parodied in "Singin' In the Rain", where Don Lockwood says in his first talkie "I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you" and the audience howls in laughter. Apparently that sort of thing makes the audiences of Shonda Rhimes shows swoon with ecstacy. It sure didn't go over well with movie audiences in 1929. I guess they were more sophisticated and intelligent.

by Anonymousreply 155October 23, 2020 3:15 AM

One of Shonda’s greatest strengths is that she able to write a show with diversity that speaks to multiple groups. White women loved and identified with Olivia Pope just as much as women of color. She is a black writer who doesn’t get pigeonholed into being just able to write black shows. That’s huge.

by Anonymousreply 156October 23, 2020 3:30 AM

"White women loved and identified with Olivia Pope just as much as women of color. "

Wasn't Olivia Pope madly in love with a married sociopath (who also just happened to be President of the United States)?

by Anonymousreply 157October 23, 2020 3:36 AM

I used to love it when Izzie or whoever had the misfortune of sleeping with George O'Malley would go to him the following week, bawling their eyes out and he'd say what's wrong? What's wrong?

And through their tears the women would say: "Sleeping with YOU was the BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE! I should not have done that because you are MY BEST FRIEND!!!"

Mind you, they'd never say that to McDreamy, McSteamy or McCreamy... nope. Just fat gay George.

by Anonymousreply 158October 23, 2020 5:42 AM

and whoever said this, I agree about Shonda just standing their giggling when Isaiah said at the Globes; "I never called TR a faggot"

that's when Shonda should have stepped forward and said: "Isaiah. This is not the time or place." and then step up to the mike and talk about the win.

Actors are idiots.

Show up on time with your lines learned, don't bump into the furniture and ride the gravy train all the way to the end.

by Anonymousreply 159October 23, 2020 5:43 AM

[Quote] I used to love it when Izzie or whoever had the misfortune of sleeping with George O'Malley would go to him the following week, bawling their eyes out and he'd say what's wrong? What's wrong? And through their tears the women would say: "Sleeping with YOU was the BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE! I should not have done that because you are MY BEST FRIEND!!!"

I remember Meredith crying [italic] during [/italic] sex with George 😆

by Anonymousreply 160October 23, 2020 5:54 AM

but she never cried with McCreamy; honestly, I could write a shonda show in a weekend.

by Anonymousreply 161October 23, 2020 6:07 AM

Do I sense a 'Let's Make a Shonda Rhimes Series' thread on the horizon?

by Anonymousreply 162October 23, 2020 8:23 AM

Bottom line: Potential profits are now going to Netflix NOT Disney.

Day pass or 5k whatever loss, in comparison to possible loss of potentially another 2 billion dollars; was it worth it Disney?

The executive with the passive aggressive attitude head should roll.

by Anonymousreply 163October 23, 2020 8:56 AM

If I was making tens of millions of dollars for myself but "I felt like I was dying", I'd be riding off into the sunset with my fuck you money to one of my fabulous homes and working on the stuff I wanted to work on in my own time. Bitching about not getting a pass? Give me a fucking break.

by Anonymousreply 164October 23, 2020 9:22 AM

I hope her Netflix deal had an unlimited passes to Disneyland clause in it.

by Anonymousreply 165October 23, 2020 12:30 PM

r131 Disney owns ABC. They could have closed it down and let her walk through naked if they wanted. Let put it to you this way. I once did a photoshoot with a C lIst Actor on an ABC sitcom at Disneyland. I got to Disneyland and was greeted by a VIP cast member who escorted me to Club 33 where they had the Celeb and his family. All 5 of them. When I got there I was talking to the celeb's wife because I know who really controls him. I said it was so nice of Disney to do this and she laughed. "They gave us all VIP passes, I bring the kids all the time." She opened up her purse and handed me 4 complimentary passes. "Here, take some. We never use these," she said. I said wow, they really take care of you. She said yeah we just asked if we could get passes for a day and they set up. Seriously. The guy was a C lister at best and to this day.

by Anonymousreply 166October 23, 2020 12:56 PM

However you want to slice it, it's not a good look for a multimillionaire to whine about not getting a free pass to Disneyland, especially now when millions are out of work.

by Anonymousreply 167October 23, 2020 1:05 PM

Let’s get #DisneyPassesSoWhite trending!

by Anonymousreply 168October 23, 2020 2:50 PM

r167 she was not whining about not getting a free pass - she simply asked if they could switch it to her sister - which they could not because they are named. So she asked if they could get one for her sister instead of her since she could never go.

by Anonymousreply 169October 23, 2020 2:55 PM

#ShowrunnersSoNeedy

by Anonymousreply 170October 23, 2020 3:00 PM

Shonda IS our 21st century Norma Rae!

by Anonymousreply 171October 23, 2020 3:03 PM

Most of her “content” is dreck. Disney marketing built the hype around Mer, Der, McDreamy, McSteamy et al and made Grey’s Anatomy a success. Scandal was OK in the beginning but became histrionic.

Who is begging for a Debbie Allen doc? That period drama she’s apparently created for Netflix sounds like derivative drivel. The Netflix brass have pissed so much money up the wall to her and other past their prime show runners (paging Murphy ESQ) it’s a wonder anything gets commissioned. Hopefully, they will rethink this approach.

I couldn’t give a damn about ‘pass gate’, the Disney exec was obviously an arsehole but I think she’s embarrassed herself by even talking about this.

by Anonymousreply 172October 23, 2020 4:44 PM

Who are mcdreamy and mcsteamy? I remember the publicity around them back when Greys was a hot new show but never watched it.

Are thise the actual names of the characters?

by Anonymousreply 173October 23, 2020 4:48 PM

How come she's calling Disney herself, asking for an extra park pass? Isn't that what your assistant is for?

In fairness, she said this was the final straw, not the only thing that was bothering her about Disney.

[quote] Rhimes was beside herself. She thanked him for his time, then hung up and called her lawyer: Figure out a way to get her over to Netflix, or she'd find new representatives.

This part bothered me a little. Not feeling sorry for a highly-paid attorney, but sounds kind of rude.

Article still sounds like a puff piece for Netflix, IMO.

[quote] "I spend a lot of time going, like, 'We should have made 50 shows by now' " she says, appearing virtually from the library in her Los Angeles home. "And not for the audience so much as, like, 'What do the bosses think?' And I know they don't think I should have made 50 shows by now, but it's very hard for me to not be the perfect storytelling machine."

Sounds like Tyler Perry with this extremely high-quantity mentality.

by Anonymousreply 174October 23, 2020 4:53 PM

[quote]Who is begging for a Debbie Allen doc? That period drama she’s apparently created for Netflix sounds like derivative drive

A lot of people? Debbie Allen is actually a dance icon and one of the last of a dying breed. She has seen it all and done it all. When she dies someone will make a biopic about her. I know the point you're trying to make, and yes Netflix puts out some very unnecessary docs, but you're barking up the wrong tree here. I'm not even a fan of the art but even I know she's important. She's also directed more television than most people would suspect.

But again Netflix is letting Shonda make things that she wants without interference. Who was begging for anything Ryan Murphy has put on the platform? Absolutely no one which is exactly why nearly all of it has done horribly and/or been reviewed terribly.

[quote]. "Here, take some. We never use these," she said. I said wow, they really take care of you. She said yeah we just asked if we could get passes for a day and they set up. Seriously. The guy was a C lister at best and to this day.

Exactly. I'm sure Shonda knew it shouldn't have been a big deal. Other people even here have said they know someone or they have gotten them easily.

This was the story of why she left after a series of issues. The article chose to run with that headline to get clicks but it was a very small part of the story of why she left, what she's learned and what she's doing now. Sadly people are only focusing on that.

by Anonymousreply 175October 23, 2020 4:55 PM

[quote]Let's face it - this was symbolic.

Naw, dog. Thus was institutional racism at it's finest. Don't deflect from that.

People can talk about what a bitch Shonda Rhimes is or how entitled she sounds, but the reality is she made billions ("B"-BILLIONS) for Disney, and they would have gifted these perks to a white male of a fraction of her earning caliber without thought. The "don't you have enough?" quote is so [italic]telling[/italic]. This exec basically called her a parasite when she fucking funds his salary many times over.

by Anonymousreply 176October 23, 2020 4:57 PM

Some people can have the world and they will still blame institucional racism/homophobia/sexism for everything. This woman was the best paid showrunner on TV yet the perpetual victims want to make it sound like this woman was somehow in disadvantage to their white counterparts. While she was cashing millions to her name, black writers were still being turned down by actual racism, even for other Disney projects.

Another thing is blaming a huge corporation for the actions of a single executive. The same corporation you perpetual victims blame for racism, is the one that gave this woman a career that enabled her to be a millionaire. You need to decide if Evil Disney (they are evil but that's beside the point here) is an ally or the KKK.

by Anonymousreply 177October 23, 2020 5:17 PM

If you read the article, Shonda never mentions race or sex as the reason. It just made her feel undervalued. Anyone can feel undervalued at work.

by Anonymousreply 178October 23, 2020 5:19 PM

[quite] If you read the article, Shonda never mentions race or sex as the reason. It just made her feel undervalued. Anyone can feel undervalued at work.

I did read the article which in itself was very telling. How can the best paid writer at the ABC roster feel undervalued? That's the point of my comment. Yeah, the executive was an asshole, but her reaction is uncalled for given the position she had. The article points out how her parents raised her, with a lot of entitlement which is clearly displayed here.

by Anonymousreply 179October 23, 2020 5:24 PM

R179 money isn't everything to everyone, and when you have enough of it to burn, you also want respect. To be nickel'd and dime'd over a very basic perk when you're a stellar employee (ie, making the company a shit ton of money) would piss anybody off.

by Anonymousreply 180October 23, 2020 6:06 PM

You clearly don't get it R179. Which is fine. But it's not about the Disney passes. That was just the moment when it all finally clicked for her that she was just another cog in the wheel .

The privilege part of the story (or entitlement as you refer to it) is that she had the option to leave and go somewhere else. There are many, many people who don't have that option. She would have been a fool to stay after that.

by Anonymousreply 181October 23, 2020 6:08 PM

Did ABC comment on the incident? I work as an ent. reporter and learned a long time ago that there's always another side to the story.

People always spin things in their favor and leave out the part that doesn't favor them.

I bet anything Lydia checking out Leroy's ass in Fame will be in the documentary.

by Anonymousreply 182October 23, 2020 6:13 PM

"Who are mcdreamy and mcsteamy?"

"Dr. McDreamy" is Derek. He's a perfect lover, devoted, caring, and oh so handsome. He's perfect!

"Dr. McSteamy" is Mark. He's essentially a male whore, but oh but he's so handsome! Any woman would give anything to fuck him.

I imagine the fans of GA fantasized about being the lover/girlfriend/wife of McDreamy or McSteamy. That seems so pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 183October 23, 2020 8:17 PM

If you applied and got your "dream job," and you have been working at said "dream job" for awhile, shouldn't you be happy? Why do this when you have a new job and new shows being released? Something must be wrong with her. I am sure that ABC is glad she is gone.

If she needs therapy over a guest pass for years, something else is very wrong with her.

by Anonymousreply 184October 23, 2020 8:39 PM

I changed my mind on this...

Shonda is democratic. ABC is republican. Maybe she wanted to knife Disney because they supported trump in 2016. Maybe she shade them because they are, in fact, racist? And here is another racist story about ABC/Disney. Maybe shonda is giving that vip pass money to biden in 2020.? Maybe she is helping take back the congress?

The Timing of this information is interesting.

by Anonymousreply 185October 23, 2020 9:47 PM

Refresh my memory— when did Disney/ABC support Trump in 2016?

[quote] While she was cashing millions to her name, black writers were still being turned down by actual racism, even for other Disney projects.

Most of the writers on her shows are white.

by Anonymousreply 186October 23, 2020 9:54 PM

[quote]Some people can have the world and they will still blame institucional racism/homophobia/sexism for everything.

She didn't say anything about that at all.

[quote]This woman was the best paid showrunner on TV yet the perpetual victims want to make it sound like this woman was somehow in disadvantage to their white counterparts.

Oh, so racism in entertainment doesn't exist?

[quote]While she was cashing millions to her name, black writers were still being turned down by actual racism, even for other Disney projects.

[quote]Most of the writers on her shows are white.

Grey's writing staff is a pretty even split between white and everything else: black, latino and asian.

If anything, Shonda Rhimes not only casts her shows with diversity in mind but staffs them the same way.

(If she only hired black writers people would be mad. If she only hired white writers people would be mad. She's not dumb enough to fall into that trap.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187October 24, 2020 2:44 AM

And here was the writing staff for Scandal.

(HTGAWM was a show she produced but it wasn't her show. That belonged to openly gay Peter Nowalk.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188October 24, 2020 2:46 AM

[quote] You clearly don't get it [R179]. Which is fine. But it's not about the Disney passes. That was just the moment when it all finally clicked for her that she was just another cog in the wheel .

Please show me anyone else who isn't just a cog of the wheel? That's the foundation of capitalism and corporate culture. She's either a total moron for not figuring it out, which I doubt or there's something else to this story.

[quote] money isn't everything to everyone, and when you have enough of it to burn, you also want respect. To be nickel'd and dime'd over a very basic perk when you're a stellar employee (ie, making the company a shit ton of money) would piss anybody off.

For a writer, the biggest demonstration of respect you can get is power, which she had, holding the highest position possible in the whole fucking industry.

There's another side to this story like with Channing Dungey mentioned in the article, she didn't quit ABC, she was fired after cancelling their most profitable show, Roseanne over a racist tweet, putting her personal agenda above the corporate interest of Disney (that's how they perceived the matter) thats the other side of the story. I'm not familiar with Shonda's but you can bet good money it wasn't over the passes.

by Anonymousreply 189October 24, 2020 3:21 AM

ABC is pretty Republican heavy. Chris Christie was in their news division. They made Joy Behar apologize for saying Pence didn’t live in reality. Maybe they’re seeing where the wind is blowing now and distancing themselves from the GOP, but for years, most network people and execs were right leaning people. News leaned left because it was FACTUAL.

by Anonymousreply 190October 24, 2020 7:16 PM

[quote] "Dr. McDreamy" is Derek. He's a perfect lover, devoted, caring, and oh so handsome. He's perfect! "Dr. McSteamy" is Mark. He's essentially a male whore, but oh but he's so handsome! Any woman would give anything to fuck him.

Why is she writing about these white bitches and their perfect white men? They always tell minority writers to write for minorities so they can give a voice and more representation to minority actors and get more minorities in the media, yet she chooses to write for whitey.

by Anonymousreply 191October 24, 2020 7:48 PM

How come none of the McGuys were men of color?

by Anonymousreply 192October 24, 2020 8:21 PM

I wish I could delete my late night posts to this thread.

I now completely support Shonda Rhimes. She is shading ABC/Disney. They have always been a racist company, also misogynist. They are not great with the LGBT community either.

Shonda give your money to progressive causes.

Give this fast pass money to Joe Biden/Kamala Harris, also a ton more.

by Anonymousreply 193October 24, 2020 10:37 PM

I thought Shonda sounded like a complete bore. Entitled. Overrated. HOWEVER, I was wrong as well R193. In the BIG PICTURE. She was right. Whether I like her or her shitty shows. She was RIGHT. Agreed R193.

by Anonymousreply 194October 24, 2020 10:43 PM

Shonda Rhimes isn't "right." She's an entitled cunt. That is exactly what she is.

Her shows do seem to place emphasis on supposedly wildly desirable white men. Weren't ALL of Olivia Pope's lovers white men? I saw bits of that show but never really watched it. But it did make it seem like her one true and forever love was the sociopathic Prez Fitz.

And what's with the lesbians? She has a thing about lesbians, too. Grey's Anatomy was always full of ready and willing lesbians.

And then there's the chunky women. Callie and Bailey on GA were both chunks (Bailey is also plain as an old shoe and is loud and abrasive) yet both have no problem attracting men. Callie also attracts women like flies to a honeypot. I guess it's all part of pandering to her dipsy female audience. It's what they want.

by Anonymousreply 195October 25, 2020 2:15 AM

[quote]There's another side to this story like with Channing Dungey mentioned in the article, she didn't quit ABC, she was fired after cancelling their most profitable show, Roseanne over a racist tweet, putting her personal agenda above the corporate interest of Disney (that's how they perceived the matter) thats the other side of the story.

That's not the story.

Dungey didn't "step down" or leave of her own accord, she was forced out because of the 21st Century Fox takeover. Her position was taken over by their head. It was fine, however, since she went over to Netflix right alongside Shonda Rhimes and Kenya Barris when they were grabbing talent left and right.

Dungey not only greenlit Roseanne initially but she also defended her to get the show on the air. She didn't the second time after her racist tweet. Once the show was reborn, "The Connors" series was and still is the second highest rated show on ABC right behind Grey's Anatomy. They didn't need Roseanne. Dungey's instincts were correct. She was also very open about keeping "Agents of Shield" on the air in spite of the poor ratings because she liked it. Her parting gift was renewing the series so it had time to complete itself.

However, Dungey split from Netflix, and starting next year she'll be Chairman of Warner Brothers Television knocking out the previous chairman who has been in that position for over 20 years because Warner Brothers is fucking Game of Thrones right now.

by Anonymousreply 196October 26, 2020 1:10 AM

Channing Dungey is a fool. Canceling the #1 show over a tweet. Foolish woman.

by Anonymousreply 197October 26, 2020 1:58 AM

Donate to a Democratic Senator NOW.

FUCK DISNEY/ABC.

by Anonymousreply 198October 26, 2020 2:17 AM

[quote]she went over to Netflix right alongside Shonda Rhimes and Kenya Barris when they were grabbing talent left and right. However, Dungey split from Netflix, and starting next year she'll be Chairman of Warner Brothers Television

So what did she accomplish at Netflix? Did she even last there a full year? What shows are hers on Netflix?

by Anonymousreply 199October 26, 2020 6:48 AM

[quote]So what did she accomplish at Netflix?

R199, She was VP Original Content and Head of Drama so ANY drama series Netflix produced, any original content or any deal that was brokered that dealt with it went through her.

[quote]Did she even last there a full year?

She lasted 20 months and left to take the Warner Brothers job which is major step up.

[quote]What shows are hers on Netflix?

She had to oversee everything that was happening or would possibly happen involving drama at Netflix.

However, she was responsible for handling, Shonda Rhimes (Bridgerton, Notes on Love, Inventing Anna), Jenji Kohan (Orange is the New Black), Kenya Barris (#BlackAF), Steven DeKnight (Jupiter's Legacy), Marti Noxon (Adapting the "Witches of New York"), as well as Barack and Michelle Obama’s Higher Ground Productions personally. She wasn't there long enough to see much of anything other than Barack and Michelle's productions and #BlackAF air.

by Anonymousreply 200October 26, 2020 9:57 PM

Shonda is still a cheap cunt.

by Anonymousreply 201November 21, 2020 11:44 PM

R201 you're a dumb ass.

by Anonymousreply 202November 21, 2020 11:52 PM

I hate Shonda but I'm on her side with this. Like a poster above said, if Robert Downey Jr asked for a pass they'd have sent it to him encased in gold. They disrespected her and she knew that she was too profitable and important to allow herself to be treated like that.

Like I said, I still think she's a cunt, but power to her. Fuck the mouse.

by Anonymousreply 203November 21, 2020 11:53 PM

I hated the way Shonda treated Katherine Heigel just because she did not like the writing. And the way she treated poor TR. I think she had it out for TR after the Isaiah controversy.

by Anonymousreply 204November 21, 2020 11:54 PM

R203, She already had several passes. I’m sure there’s a limit for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 205November 21, 2020 11:55 PM

Here's how you play that game: you take note of it and then make sure its in your next contract as a rider. Family Disney passes.

by Anonymousreply 206November 22, 2020 3:41 AM

For all those willing to side with Disney and talk shit about Shonda what you don't know is that anyone that has ever worked for them knows how fucking cheap Disney is, they have always been cheap. It's disgusting how cheap that fucking company is so I'm not surprised. It just makes me hate them more (didn't know that was possible).

Look up the things Whoopie has said about Disney, it's not a company with a good reputation with any intelligent human that has ever worked for them.

by Anonymousreply 207November 22, 2020 3:50 AM

R204, she had it out for TR after scenes were written in which women would say to George: "Sleeping with you was the BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE!!! Because you are MY BEST FRIEND!"

They'd cry because they'd touched his penis.

But McDreamy, McSteamy, McCreamy? They can't get enough.

by Anonymousreply 208November 22, 2020 4:04 AM

[Quote] it's not a company with a good reputation with any intelligent human that has ever worked for them.

What are you trying to say?

by Anonymousreply 209November 22, 2020 6:29 AM

There is no side to side with in this fight. Disney is a cunt. Shonda is a cunt. I am not interested in seeing which cunt wins a cunt battle between to cunts.

by Anonymousreply 210November 22, 2020 2:33 PM

[quote] Look up the things Whoopie has said about Disney

You mean besides this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211November 22, 2020 3:24 PM

Whoopi shouldnt hide hee history with Putting Ted Danson in blackface. Sunny should confront her about it on air and force Whoppi to finally apologize.

by Anonymousreply 212November 23, 2020 12:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!