Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Matthew McConaughey Says He Was Molested By a Man at 18 & Blackmailed Into Losing Virginity at 15

Matthew McConaughey Says He Was Molested By a Man at 18 & Blackmailed Into Losing Virginity at 15

Matthew McConaughey is getting really personal in his memoir for "Greenlights."

Early on in the book, the 50-year-old actor spoke out about losing his virginity at age 15 and says he was "blackmailed" into it.

"I was blackmailed into having sex for the first time when I was fifteen," Matthew wrote in the memoir. "I was certain I was going to hell for the premarital sex. Today, I am merely certain that I hope that's not the case."

He also added that he was "molested by a man when I was eighteen while unconscious in the back of a van."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292December 11, 2020 8:07 PM

Was it a man or a woman he lost it to?

by Anonymousreply 1October 21, 2020 6:39 PM

Should we believe him?

by Anonymousreply 2October 21, 2020 6:41 PM

Must have been a man

by Anonymousreply 3October 21, 2020 6:41 PM

I’ve always want to suck him off

by Anonymousreply 4October 21, 2020 6:42 PM

I never really cared for his movies because he always comes across the same way. However, it's sad to hear of anyone being molested and it can ruin your life.

by Anonymousreply 5October 21, 2020 6:44 PM

I was molested.

by Anonymousreply 6October 21, 2020 6:44 PM

Why was he unconscious in the back of a van? I’ve been unconscious in the back of a stranger’s van and I can tell you the lead up to that is all bad news.

by Anonymousreply 7October 21, 2020 6:47 PM

Wait. How are you molested at 18?

by Anonymousreply 8October 21, 2020 6:49 PM

Oh I see - he was passed out.

by Anonymousreply 9October 21, 2020 6:50 PM

I like blue balls

by Anonymousreply 10October 21, 2020 6:51 PM

Oooops. My bad.

by Anonymousreply 11October 21, 2020 6:51 PM

So I'm guessing he was trying to be a good Baptist/Methodist and saving himself for marriage

by Anonymousreply 12October 21, 2020 6:52 PM

Religion fucks up so many people.

by Anonymousreply 13October 21, 2020 6:53 PM

He smells bad

by Anonymousreply 14October 21, 2020 6:55 PM

Matthew McConaughey Reveals Dad Died While Having Sex With His Mom

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 21, 2020 6:56 PM

Tina Fey told Stern how much McConaughey stunk when he did SNL.

by Anonymousreply 16October 21, 2020 6:57 PM

We need names.

by Anonymousreply 17October 21, 2020 6:58 PM

How big is his cock? I am curious to know

by Anonymousreply 18October 21, 2020 6:59 PM

And then the molester fell asleep because McConaughey is such a bore

by Anonymousreply 19October 21, 2020 7:01 PM

To all the posters above saying “he smells bad,” he doesn’t smell “bad,” he smells like a natural man. As an Austinite myself, I don’t bathe for weeks at a time. It’s not necessary and can actually be harmful to the body to scrub and bombard with chemical soaps and cleansers.

by Anonymousreply 20October 21, 2020 7:03 PM

You stink like shit r20.

by Anonymousreply 21October 21, 2020 7:07 PM

I'm pretty sure that if anyone doesn't wear deodorant, they're not going to smell like roses.

by Anonymousreply 22October 21, 2020 7:08 PM

Was he penetrated?

by Anonymousreply 23October 21, 2020 7:08 PM

On the very rare occasions I've gone a couple of days without a shower, my armpits could knock a buzzard off a shitpile.

by Anonymousreply 24October 21, 2020 7:09 PM

No wonder he looks oily all the time.

But but but...was he fucked or was ridden? Was he in some BAITBUS shit?

by Anonymousreply 25October 21, 2020 7:10 PM

If he was unconscious - he was probably fucked.

by Anonymousreply 26October 21, 2020 7:15 PM

Good god but he's a gross person. I could never stand his arrogance. he's a fading star extra thirsty for 'sexposure' these days, going on about his father dying while having sex, and now this tripe.

by Anonymousreply 27October 21, 2020 7:16 PM

Sex, sex, sex. It's all these Scorpios ever think about.

by Anonymousreply 28October 21, 2020 7:16 PM

Never met him. But one of my trusted friends has had a few encounters with him on business trips to LA. She says that he was a complete jerk. I believe her

by Anonymousreply 29October 21, 2020 7:18 PM

R24 LOL!!!

by Anonymousreply 30October 21, 2020 7:19 PM

[quote]"I was certain I was going to hell for the premarital sex. Today, I am merely certain that I hope that's not the case."

So he used to believe you go to hell for premarital sex, now he hopes you don't go to hell (even if not consensual)? I didn't peg him for one of those fucked up religious types.

by Anonymousreply 31October 21, 2020 7:23 PM

I wish he'd shut up.

by Anonymousreply 32October 21, 2020 7:34 PM

Can you believe this surfer dude has an Oscar

by Anonymousreply 33October 21, 2020 7:44 PM

poseur

by Anonymousreply 34October 21, 2020 7:45 PM

Surprise anal!

by Anonymousreply 35October 21, 2020 7:47 PM

Why are people surprised about the story of his dad dying during sex with his mother? He's been retelling that story for years.

by Anonymousreply 36October 22, 2020 12:22 AM

He looks like shit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 22, 2020 1:00 AM

Remember when Perez used to go on and on about his t-rex arms back in the day?

by Anonymousreply 38October 22, 2020 1:02 AM

He's 51 years old and didn't get any work done nor wears makeup. Plus he's Texan and is out in that hot sun all the time. Him aging is perfectly normal.

by Anonymousreply 39October 22, 2020 1:05 AM

I thought he was a lot older than 50

by Anonymousreply 40October 22, 2020 1:09 AM

I think it is brave for a man to speak about being molested. It destroys your sense of well-being and it is hard to move forward from it. Yet men generally do not receive the same support and sympathy as female victims of molestation.

by Anonymousreply 41October 22, 2020 1:09 AM

Good God...some of you are just bitchy old Queens. Matthew McConaughey is a beautiful man still!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42October 22, 2020 1:18 AM

R38 Michael K from the once beloved Dlisted site dubbed him "The Texas T-Rex." Not Perez, that Frakenberry looking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 43October 22, 2020 1:18 AM

[quote]He's 51 years old and didn't get any work done

They ALL get work done believe me. Have you seen Ben Affleck lately?

by Anonymousreply 44October 22, 2020 1:18 AM

Was he top or bottom the “forced molestation.”

by Anonymousreply 45October 22, 2020 1:20 AM

Was he digitally penetrated or was it full-on hog?

by Anonymousreply 46October 22, 2020 1:21 AM

He’s sooo ugly!

by Anonymousreply 47October 22, 2020 1:22 AM

I love Matthew McConaughey. He's still hot, is a solid actor, and I like his attitude. He hangs with all the fun, chill Hollywood stoners - Woody Harrelson, Willy Nelson.

by Anonymousreply 48October 22, 2020 1:24 AM

Always thirsty.

And that smell.

by Anonymousreply 49October 22, 2020 1:26 AM

His foreign wife obviously didn’t mind the smell. I guess she grew up with it and is accustomed to unsanitary conditions.

by Anonymousreply 50October 22, 2020 1:28 AM

R39 He's had a lot of work: upper blepharoplasty, and some even believe a complete brow lift. It began after his weight loss for Dallas Buyer's Club. He also gets botox and fillers. Those who have interviewed him, with the oppurtunity to get up close have commented on the changes. That isn't natural at all.

by Anonymousreply 51October 22, 2020 1:29 AM

It really should be expected. Everyone who has been passed out in the back of a van is going to be molested

by Anonymousreply 52October 22, 2020 1:29 AM

Yawn. Who HASN'T been molested in the back of a vann?

by Anonymousreply 53October 22, 2020 1:31 AM

I feel sympathy for him having been molested, but he's still a smelly Trumpanzee.

by Anonymousreply 54October 22, 2020 1:31 AM

Blackmailed into losing his virginity? Well, DL does love a good humblebrag

by Anonymousreply 55October 22, 2020 1:31 AM

If a tree falls in the forest while a White Trash, Fugly, C Minus actor talks about his teenage molestation, does anyone hear it?

by Anonymousreply 56October 22, 2020 1:33 AM

Bitch please. My male friend hooked up with him at Chateau Marmont years ago and was introduced to him (by a female actress friend) with the descriptive "he's bi too." So if this is him trying to poke out of the closet a bit on his not straight sexuality but as if he's a victim of any man on man sexuality, I call foul.

by Anonymousreply 57October 22, 2020 1:34 AM

It’s well known inside Hollywood circles that Matthew let many older Hollywood producers suck that juicy cock. He should be a used car salesmen divorcee with a coke habit and gambling problem living in Reno, but that 8 inch white cock bought him a millionaire lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 58October 22, 2020 1:34 AM

Damn, come through 2020, now we have celebs spilling their own juicy tea. First Tyler Posey now McConaughey, child.....

Did anyone else instantly think that Mexico gossip where he got blackout drunk and woke up on the side of a road or something with cum in his ass? Still a hot guy and one of my favorite actors.

by Anonymousreply 59October 22, 2020 1:36 AM

Side of a road with cum in his ass? Do tell.

by Anonymousreply 60October 22, 2020 1:39 AM

I'd still do him. He's hotter now than ever.

by Anonymousreply 61October 22, 2020 1:40 AM

We need to know the true story of Brad Pitt and Thom Racina. His version of being a mid western boy moving to LA with 100 bucks in his pocket doesn't sit right with me, he’s one of the few that did not have any family connections in the industry and actually succeeded.

by Anonymousreply 62October 22, 2020 1:41 AM

r57 many people that have been molested at a young age can be sexually confused and desire the thing (cock) that caused them distress. I can't tell if his virginity story was about a man or woman,

by Anonymousreply 63October 22, 2020 1:41 AM

He is not stupid enough to vote for Trump...so don't be ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 64October 22, 2020 1:46 AM

[quote]It’s well known inside Hollywood circles that Matthew let many older Hollywood producers suck that juicy cock.

His breakthrough film, A Time To Kill, was directed by Joel Schumacher. Need I say more?

by Anonymousreply 65October 22, 2020 1:52 AM

He’s seems smug and not nearly as intelligent as he thinks he is..plus I hate the way he talks. Like his tongue is paralyzed. He’s a dude who got by on his looks and more power to him. At least he proved himself to be a decent enough actor if the part is right

by Anonymousreply 66October 22, 2020 1:53 AM

He is definitely the kind of douche who has multiple, explosive orgasms while being "molested".

by Anonymousreply 67October 22, 2020 1:54 AM

He's got a new book to sell so of course it's going to border on sexplotation . Of course it will be devoid of his gay/bi experiences. The Hollywood Closet...……….Sad.

by Anonymousreply 68October 22, 2020 1:59 AM

He said on the Howard Stern show today that he got into a few fights when he was in high school and he fought kids who were bullying weaker kids.

by Anonymousreply 69October 22, 2020 2:02 AM

idiots out there will claim it's healthier not to bathe "for weeks at a time" because of "ooh chemicals." You don't need to bathe every day, perhaps, but it's actually healthier to be in water with soap than to go around stanky. That's right -- it is HEALTHIER to wash every so often. And natural, considering we came from the sea originally. Water is GOOD. Soap is not going to kill you. So sick of these "health" nuts.

by Anonymousreply 70October 22, 2020 2:06 AM

[quote] Never met him. But one of my trusted friends has had a few encounters with him on business trips to LA. She says that he was a complete jerk. I believe her

My boyfriend worked with him and said he was a total sweetheart. MM did a striptease for him — he had pulled my boyfriend into a private room — pulled his shirt off and pulled it around my boyfriend’s neck. It was very seductive but very weird, my bf says. But he was a really nice guy. No body odor, oddly.

by Anonymousreply 71October 22, 2020 2:06 AM

A girl I know through a friend used to work at a hotel here in NYC, and she said MM had a gay sex orgy in one of the rooms several years ago, and she had to clean it up. She didn’t go into the details, like who was in attendance and what the detritus left behind actually was, but she seemed credible. She said this on Facebook after MM said something that was received as hurtful to gays—I have no recollection of what it was. It was either something pro-religion or a “let’s just give Trump a chance” kind of thing.

by Anonymousreply 72October 22, 2020 2:09 AM

He can beat my bongos anytime. Just as long as he doesn't talk. I remember him on a chat show once talking about farming and how goats copulate. He claimed that afterwards the female goat would kneel down and lap up the rest of the other goat's cum. YUCK.

by Anonymousreply 73October 22, 2020 2:11 AM

"You made me fuck youuuu- I didn't wanna do it, I didn't wanna do it"

by Anonymousreply 74October 22, 2020 2:11 AM

Molested does not mean anal - that would be rape. So basically, someone either groped his dick, touched him inappropriately, or did something to him while he was passed out (but not too passed out because he he can recall it)?

Sounds like a typical Friday night for most women between the ages of 15 and 30.

by Anonymousreply 75October 22, 2020 2:11 AM

r75 by 30 a woman should know better. I'd say 15-23. Any later and they are just slow learners.

by Anonymousreply 76October 22, 2020 2:13 AM

R64 He's a Republican, and a Trump supporter. He recently cut short an interview when asked his opinion on the election in this country. He said he would only speak if given a full hour to explain his position, and supporting the President. You can reference earier interviews with him where he implored Hollywood to "Embrace Trump, and NOW is the time to embrace Trump"...

BBC's Andrew Marr interviewed him when he was promoting [italic] Gold [/italic]. He said the "cultural elite need to give him a break".

You obviously know nothing of his politics.

by Anonymousreply 77October 22, 2020 2:13 AM

Yikes to all of that, R77.

Anyway. I’d still fuck him. Or let him fuck me. Or sniff his smelly nutsack and taint. Whatever.

by Anonymousreply 78October 22, 2020 2:15 AM

^ earlier

by Anonymousreply 79October 22, 2020 2:15 AM

I feel for the trauma Matthew went through. I was fortunate that I was able to escape an attempted rape at 16.

by Anonymousreply 80October 22, 2020 2:17 AM

I also just found online that MM did a political commercial in support of DJT during the 2016 campaign. He is said to be a Libertarian, leading a biblically inspired life. I don't see how people find this incredulous, despite it being disappointing to many.

There's a great VF article from 2 Feb 2017 where he speaks on his support of Trump.

Daily Beast has a few tidbits as well.

by Anonymousreply 81October 22, 2020 2:22 AM

I only had a fleeting impression of him. He's never interested me. But now that I know he is a Deplorable I hate him with the heat of 1,000 suns.

by Anonymousreply 82October 22, 2020 2:27 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83October 22, 2020 2:31 AM

I was telling my mother earlier today about this and said MM was “molested” in a van at 18 and lost his virginity and it was blackmail.

She was like “a black male?”

I said blackmail!

He was black?

I said he was blackmailed into it!

She said Oh! But it was a man, right?

Very confusing times. 😂

by Anonymousreply 84October 22, 2020 2:33 AM

“I didn't peg him for one of those fucked up religious types.”

Oh? What DID you “peg him” for?

by Anonymousreply 85October 22, 2020 2:37 AM

It boggles my mind how anyone can follow that Bronze Age book of fairy tales in the 21st Century.

by Anonymousreply 86October 22, 2020 2:40 AM

Is he gonna spill the beans about his hair transplants? I’m more interested in that than molestation.

by Anonymousreply 87October 22, 2020 2:48 AM

R81 - leading a biblically inspired life? After decades of drinking, womanizing and smoking weed? Yes - it sounds so Christ like.

Get the fuck outta her Matthew - and Christ would not support Trump, you asshole!

by Anonymousreply 88October 22, 2020 2:57 AM

Interesting spot as a guest on Fox & Friends 12-13 hrs. ago. He refused to say who he's voting for, but they play a clip of his BBC interview. I think he's trying to play it safe by keeping quiet.

I think the friends we keep speak volumes on our character and beliefs, and he's still quite close with Kirstie Alley, HUGE Trump supporter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89October 22, 2020 2:59 AM

He lost whatever hotness he had after Dallas buyers club . Hes boring and seems like one of those people who reads the footnotes of a book then pretends to know all about it . Isnt the whole "I was molested" thing in the hollywood playbook to drum up interest in a dying career ? They all seem to say it.

by Anonymousreply 90October 22, 2020 3:04 AM

McConaughey proved himself a strong actor with his serious roles in Dallas Buyers Club, Mud, Killer Joe and True Detective. His early roles were actually serious roles in Lone Star and A Time To Kill. He seemed to have chosen to do dumb romantic comedy roles throughout the 2000s and got tired of being typecast even though he did that to himself. He reinvented himself as a serious actor again. Now that said, he is a one-trick-pony and plays himself just more comical or more serious depending on the role.

by Anonymousreply 91October 22, 2020 3:10 AM

Matthew McCornholey

by Anonymousreply 92October 22, 2020 3:32 AM

Covid has pulled the curtain back and revealed how "mortal" these modern Hollywood folk are. I hope that 2021 is the year we all stop worshipping at the feet of fucking actors and actresses. They don't deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 93October 22, 2020 3:39 AM

I want to have sex with him. He can surely fuck long and hard.

by Anonymousreply 94October 22, 2020 3:48 AM

"He should be a used car salesmen divorcee with a coke habit and gambling problem living in Reno, but that 8 inch white cock bought him a millionaire lifestyle."

He doesn't have an 8 inch cock, not even close. DLers want to believe all the men they're attracted to have big dicks

by Anonymousreply 95October 22, 2020 3:51 AM

Unless he provides details of said blackmail and molestation, then why should we care?

It's like saying - I've got a secret . It's REALLY GOOD - You WONT believe it. But I'm not tellin'.

Fuck off then

by Anonymousreply 96October 22, 2020 3:52 AM

How would he know if he was unconscious? This whore was wide awake and playing dead!

by Anonymousreply 97October 22, 2020 3:59 AM

How exactly do we know his penis size? What are we basing it on? 8”? Not nearly 8”?

I’ve neither seen nor heard evidence in either direction.

by Anonymousreply 98October 22, 2020 4:33 AM

Chateau Marmont, 2004, 8 inches thick, low hangers, trimmed bush, no smell, big load...

by Anonymousreply 99October 22, 2020 4:36 AM

Thank you, R99. Pity he didn’t stink, though. I’d have been a bit turned off.

What did you do to him, and what did he do to you?

by Anonymousreply 100October 22, 2020 4:39 AM

Was he digitally penetrated or analog penetrated?

by Anonymousreply 101October 22, 2020 4:53 AM

Looking for a clip of the interview where he had left abruptly, I found his church's YouTube channel. Interesting, he takes part in some sermons, and does the readings on a regular basis. He also named his son Leviticus, but they call him Levi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102October 22, 2020 5:28 AM

Religious people are ALL unhappy screwballs.

by Anonymousreply 103October 22, 2020 5:41 AM

So . . . He’s more concerned about being “molested” at 18 than he is about selling his virginity at 15?!?

He’s a WHORE.

by Anonymousreply 104October 22, 2020 5:47 AM

R20, do you at the least do a whore bath on a daily basis? Use a soapy washrag or a wet wipe to clean your pits and your naughty bits? Do you ever wash your hair? If you don't spot clean at least periodically then you must be rank and your scalp must be covered in scabs.

Not that I believe what you wrote.

by Anonymousreply 105October 22, 2020 11:10 AM

I'd love to know what he looked like at 18.

by Anonymousreply 106October 22, 2020 11:10 AM

R7- Ask Jani Lane's ghost. He can tell you all about the time Rob Halford raped him while he was laid out on smack.

by Anonymousreply 107October 22, 2020 11:13 AM

R106- Here you go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108October 22, 2020 11:14 AM

He probably woke up in the middle of some guy giving him a BJ or a handy J.

I laugh every time I remember the guy who told the story of encountering McConaughey and his posse in a bar restroom one night, all drunk as skunks. He said Matthew was at the urinal when he came out of the stall and as he stood at the sink washing his hands Matthew turned toward him with his dick in hand and said "you see that boy - that's a movie star cock". He said be burst out laughing and walked out.

by Anonymousreply 109October 22, 2020 11:14 AM

Oh my, he was a cutie.

by Anonymousreply 110October 22, 2020 11:15 AM

This was taken before he started acting. The woman holding his junk from behind was supposedly an old girlfriend. I like to call it his version of the infamous Janet Jackson Rolling Stone pic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111October 22, 2020 11:17 AM

23 year old MM was the male lead in Trisha Yearwood’s “Walkaway Joe” video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112October 22, 2020 11:20 AM

That same year, he was in an Unsolved Mysteries segment...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113October 22, 2020 11:21 AM

[quote] He lost whatever hotness he had after Dallas buyers club . Hes boring and seems like one of those people who reads the footnotes of a book then pretends to know all about it

Omigod! Why didn't Matthew McConaughey just follow the example of Jean Harlow, Carole Lombard, Irving Thalberg, James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, Sharon Tate, River Phoenix, Brandon Lee, Heath Ledger, Paul Walker and so many others and just die young and stay pretty? The nerve of the man to grow old gracefully!

And omigod! He reads footnotes??? A serious reader who wants to learn more -- the nerve of him.

by Anonymousreply 114October 22, 2020 1:01 PM

He is a very sexy man. I want to make love to him. I bet he is wild and gentle at the same time.....hmmmm...thinking of him make my bussy moist.

by Anonymousreply 115October 22, 2020 1:15 PM

He sounds like he’s a very arrogant person

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116October 22, 2020 2:31 PM

That long hair is horrendous. Makes him look like an Afghan hound.

by Anonymousreply 117October 22, 2020 2:43 PM

He's one of the most insignificant actors around. In fact, I had totally forgotten about him.

by Anonymousreply 118October 22, 2020 2:55 PM

R116, wow, lots of botox in that picture.

And his Oscar speech reveals all his arrogance

by Anonymousreply 119October 22, 2020 2:56 PM

I know a guy who was one of his best friends in Texas--the guy is a great black, gay man.

So, Cudos to McConaughey for having diverse friends.

by Anonymousreply 120October 22, 2020 2:57 PM

Being sexually abused may explain why he's so immature and emotionally stunted.

by Anonymousreply 121October 22, 2020 2:59 PM

Does he explain exactly what the "molestation" was?

by Anonymousreply 122October 22, 2020 3:08 PM

[quote] Was he digitally penetrated or was it full-on hog?

OMG - not full-on hog, that would be surprise anal

by Anonymousreply 123October 22, 2020 3:11 PM

He, John Schneider and Billy Ray Cyrus are those conservative Christians who will vote for Trump but talk about how much they love black people, Hispanics and gay people.

by Anonymousreply 124October 22, 2020 3:19 PM

MM was sexy for about 15 minutes (eg around the time of this Vanity Fair cover). I lost interest after the bongo incident.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125October 22, 2020 3:26 PM

Does no one remember the hiding in plain sight torrid affair he had with Lance Armstrong in 2009? I can't find it now but there was one photo of one of them massaging the other's feet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126October 22, 2020 3:28 PM

He still irritates the shit out of me.

by Anonymousreply 127October 22, 2020 3:29 PM

[quote]He's 51 years old and didn't get any work done

Bless your little heart.

by Anonymousreply 128October 22, 2020 3:35 PM

White Southerners all have this certain look to them. Matthew McConaughey, Brad Pitt, Woody Harrelson, Elvis Presley, Tim Tebow, etc. Apparently it's the only region in the country where you can find people who are purely of English, Scottish and Welsh descent.

by Anonymousreply 129October 22, 2020 4:07 PM

WHET Lance Armstrong?

by Anonymousreply 130October 22, 2020 4:09 PM

R130 He withdrew from the public eye after it was exposed that he was juicing to win Tour-de-France competitions. He was a huge hypocrite too, promoting healthy and active lifestyles and bragging about hard work and determination while cheating. He's a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 131October 22, 2020 4:10 PM

Former friends/employees of Lance Armstrong said the cheating was the least of it.

by Anonymousreply 132October 22, 2020 5:20 PM

R129 Interesting observation. I can definitely see some swarthy Welsh in Elvis, now that you mention it, though many argue for Melungeon ancestry. McConaughey, like Pitt, often has that unfortunate sallow or yellow tinge to his complexion. Could be tanning products I suppose, or something could be askew with his liver enzymes.

by Anonymousreply 133October 22, 2020 5:26 PM

I want to know more about the blackmail. What kind of info would a person have on a 15-year-old that rises to the level of blackmail?

by Anonymousreply 134October 22, 2020 5:29 PM

The NY Times ran a hilarious take-down of his new book last Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 135October 22, 2020 5:38 PM

NY Times book review:

Would it surprise you to learn that more than 30 years ago, before he’d even sauntered across the screen in “Dazed and Confused,” Matthew McConaughey wrote a poem in which he vowed he’d someday become an author?

As one of its lopsided verses declared:

I think I’ll write a book. A word about my life. I wonder who would give a damn About the pleasures and the strife?

This was in 1989, when he didn’t know all the twists and turns that awaited him — the acting awards he’d win, the wife and children he’d have, the bracing dramas and banal rom-coms he’d make. But he was certain he would live a life worth chronicling.

Now that poem, rendered in its creator’s arcane handwriting, appears at the start of his autobiography, “Greenlights,” which Crown will publish on Tuesday.

The book offers a shotgun seat to all the l-i-v-i-n that McConaughey has accumulated, from his upbringing in a tumultuous Texas family to his ascent as the ruggedly serene star of “Magic Mike,” “True Detective” and “Dallas Buyers Club.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136October 22, 2020 5:47 PM

McConaughey, who turns 51 on Nov. 4, enjoys spinning some of these personal yarns, not necessarily because they sound cool but because he believes they reveal certain universal and teachable truths.

To that end, “Greenlights” is filled with homespun wisdom that McConaughey has wrung from his toils, travels and that time he got arrested while playing bongos in the nude. He has fortified his remembrances with the coinages and maxims he dutifully recorded in decades’ worth of personal journals and which continue to spill naturally from his mouth.

It is a book that is constantly evaluating itself and its reasons for being, much like its author. He acknowledges that he entered into the project both eagerly and warily, looking to use his celebrity for the opportunity to tell his story in his own idiosyncratic way.

“I get what equity I bring as Matthew McConaughey, however you see me,” he said in a Zoom conversation last month. He spoke from a den in his home in Austin, Texas, wearing his hair swept back and a flannel shirt that was only partly buttoned up as he peered into his webcam through a pair of horn-rimmed eyeglasses.

by Anonymousreply 137October 22, 2020 5:47 PM

“If it’s a straight memoir” — he stressed the second syllable with an unexpected French flair — “as a publisher you could sell some books.” What he hoped to produce, he said, was one where “the words on the page are still worthy to share if they were signed by anonymous, but at the same time be a book that only McConaughey could’ve wrote.”

Like the bestubbled dude you have seen whooping it up at WWE matches and sermonizing in luxury car commercials, McConaughey is alternately uninhibited and self-serious. He is comfortable referring to himself in the third person and dismisses any suggestion that he has stumbled backward into his professional success.

As he told me, he knows there are people who think, “Gosh dang, McConaughey just eases right into everything — the guy doesn’t seem to have any bumps, doesn’t get hit crossing the road.” He said he wrote “Greenlights” partly as a corrective to this perception, to show how much effort it has taken to get where he is.

But McConaughey wants readers to look beyond the boldface name on its cover and focus on its fundamental message. No one can escape hardship, he said, but he can share the lessons “that helped me navigate the hard stuff — like I say, ‘get relative with the inevitable’ — sooner and in the best way possible for myself.”

Codifying his beliefs and putting them down on paper was one test. The next challenge comes as McConaughey releases “Greenlights” into a world that feels increasingly unsettled and dismissive of values systems — one where, like millions of Americans, he and his family have spent the past several months spent “trying to outrun the ol’ Covid,” as he put it.

by Anonymousreply 138October 22, 2020 5:48 PM

As McConaughey tells the story, his youth was dominated by his father, Jim, a former college and professional football player turned pipe salesman who was married three times to and twice divorced from the actor’s mother, Kay. The book’s first chapter dramatizes a scene from 1974 where McConaughey watched the couple fight ferociously — his mother having broken his father’s nose with a telephone while he brandished a ketchup bottle — before his parents had sex on the kitchen floor.

It sounds brutal and, as McConaughey told me, “This is the reality, but there’s humanity in that reality.” Jim was tough on his sons, too, but, McConaughey, who is the youngest of three brothers, said, “I wouldn’t give back one ass-whupping I got for the values that are ingrained in me.” When he reflects on his parents, McConaughey said, “The love was real. The passion was real.” (A few days after McConaughey started filming “Dazed and Confused,” Jim died of a heart attack while making love to Kay.)

Kay McConaughey, now 88, said in an email that as she raised Matthew, she did not necessarily expect him to become an artist. “In fact, that subject was never brought up,” she said. “I thought he was going to be a lawyer.”

Even so, she said that she often observed Matthew “jotting things down on small pieces of paper about what someone had said or what he thought about what was being said or a way he saw life.”

Having read “Greenlights” and seen how Matthew depicted her relationship with Jim, Kay McConaughey said, “It was a rocky and passionate love affair we had, but I do wish Matthew would have told more of the stories about me and his dad’s love, affection and commitment to each other.”

Still, she said, she regarded her youngest son as a fundamentally forthright person. “What has remained consistent in Matthew’s life is his honesty and being true to himself, knowing who he was and owning it.”

by Anonymousreply 139October 22, 2020 5:49 PM

Matthew McConaughey recounts how he landed his breakthrough role as the likable sleaze Wooderson in “Dazed and Confused” by tracking down the film’s casting director, Don Phillips, in an Austin bar and charming his way into an audition. A few years later, the not-yet-bankable actor mounted a successful campaign to persuade the director Joel Schumacher to cast him in a leading role in his adaptation of “A Time to Kill.”

To McConaughey, stories like these illustrate how he is not content to merely let life happen to him. “It’s always been obvious to me that I do not have a laissez-faire attitude,” he said. “It’s a state of being that I work at, continuously, daily, and I break a sweat to get it.”

Longtime colleagues say it’s even more than that: Despite the agreeably disheveled image that McConaughey projects, they see him as someone who is perpetually preparing himself for opportunities and actively steering himself toward them.

As his friend Richard Linklater, who directed him in several films including “Dazed and Confused,” explained to me, “People underestimate the utter intentionality of what Matthew’s done. He’s really good at going from A to B to C. He’s got a plan and he’s just brave enough and brazen enough to execute it.”

The point of the “Dazed and Confused” audition story isn’t that McConaughey simply happened to be in the right place at the right time, Linklater said: “He wasn’t discovered in a bar — he went over to the guy who he heard was casting it. Matthew’s always playing the long game.”

In “Greenlights,” McConaughey tells the back stories of some of his best-known roles, but he does not take a film-by-film inventory of his entire career. Nor does he share any particularly salacious details from his personal life when he was still a single man, beyond a paragraph in which he writes: “I wore the leathers. I rode the Thunderbird. I took a lot of showers in the daylight hours, rarely alone. I partook.”

McConaughey told me that while such scenes are generally staples of celebrity tell-alls, he felt that to include them “would be in bad taste and bad manners — that’s why bedrooms have doors on ’em.”

by Anonymousreply 140October 22, 2020 5:50 PM

His gf's mom would poison her mind against him or forbid her from seeing him? teacher? pass or fail?

by Anonymousreply 141October 22, 2020 5:51 PM

However, he does unhesitatingly share two different stories in which he awakens from wet dreams — you read that right — where he saw himself “floating downstream on my back in the Amazon River” while surrounded by jungle life and “African tribesmen lined up shoulder to shoulder on the ridge to the left of me.” He interpreted these visions as subconscious exhortations to travel to Peru, where he immersed himself in the Amazon, and to Mali, where he sparred with a local wrestling champion.

Sections like these shed light on the transcendental side of the author, who is a practicing Methodist but also describes himself as “an optimistic mystic,” forever fine-tuning his personal dials in search of further broadcasts from the universe.

That approach to existence has sent McConaughey hunting for what he calls “greenlights” — the traffic signals that mean go, which he prefers to spell as a single word and which he believes take skill and acumen to identify.

To conclude that life is all about luck, he said, is to surrender to fatalism: “Quit letting yourself off the hook, McConaughey. If that’s true, then run every red light. You’ve got your hands on the wheel. You’re making choices. They matter.”

McConaughey said he has no interest in being anyone’s spiritual guru and did not approach “Greenlights” as a work of self-help. Friends say that yes, this is really how he talks and that his book is one more way that he is trying to express himself.

“It’s his way of wanting to be heard on another level,” Linklater said. “It’s another level of communication that you can’t get in a role.”

Linklater explained that actors like McConaughey are vulnerable in their work: “They don’t have total control,” he said. “Even the most powerful actors — Denzel Washington, Daniel Day-Lewis — are still at the mercy of the parts they’re being offered. Actors need these other outlets.”

Sometimes McConaughey dispenses wisdom in miniature pearls, like the beloved bumper stickers he has reproduced throughout the book that sport pithy phrases like “Educate before you indict,” “I am good at what I love, I don’t love all that I’m good at” and “If you’re high enough, the sun’s always shining.”

And sometimes he expounds at greater length, like when I asked him how he appears to stay out of America’s toxic culture wars and cultivates liberal and conservative fans alike.

“I’m trying to keep in with it and not out of it,” McConaughey replied. “For those people who say there’s nothing but yellow lines and dead armadillos in the middle of the highway, I say to you this: the armadillos are just fine. Because the right and the left are so far out, they’re not even on the asphalt anymore. They’re in the frickin’ desert.”

by Anonymousreply 142October 22, 2020 5:51 PM

He gave a raspy laugh and added, “Man, I’ll meet you in the middle.”

Getting “Greenlights” onto the page did not happen quite so swiftly. Crown had its eye on McConaughey as far back as 2015, when the actor went viral with a commencement speech he gave at the University of Houston, structured around his aphorisms (“Don’t leave crumbs”; “Dissect your successes”; “A roof is a man-made thing”).

A proposal that McConaughey later circulated to several publishing houses “had less story and more of the lessons and philosophy in it,” said Gillian Blake, senior vice president and editor in chief of Crown. But in further conversations with him, Blake said that McConaughey did not need much encouragement to turn a retrospective lens on himself.

“We had a few long in-person meetings where you’d ask him a question and he’d say, ‘Oh, yeah, I got a story about that,’” she said. “And then he went back home and wrote it all down.”

by Anonymousreply 143October 22, 2020 5:52 PM

Was he also blackmailed into getting that hideous new face several years ago?

by Anonymousreply 144October 22, 2020 6:00 PM

“The Pleasures and the Strife”

I’m sorry, but I want to hear more about the Chateau Marmont encounter in 2004.

by Anonymousreply 145October 22, 2020 6:13 PM

[quote]I was molested by a man when I was eighteen while unconscious in the back of a van!

Sure, Jan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146October 22, 2020 6:22 PM

Most people think gay men are sexual predators. It is what it is.

by Anonymousreply 147October 22, 2020 6:26 PM

Oh my god, enough with the “Sure, Jan” graphic. That shit is soooooo played.

by Anonymousreply 148October 22, 2020 6:28 PM

He was raped, not molested, that's just his way of downplaying it. An idiot like him, who looked the way that he did when he was 18, would not pass out in the back of a van and just get a handy. He got his cherry popped.

I'm not surprised, though. Like Brad Pitt, he seems like the kind of guy that it would happen to. I think he's probably bi though, because like Pitt, there is no way he got as far as he did in 80's/90's Hollywood without selling his ass to executives.

by Anonymousreply 149October 22, 2020 6:33 PM

Ugh, I'm so tired of celebrities talking about their molestation stories. What ever happened to keeping your dark secrets secret? Why did #MeToo open this floodgate of everyone and their mother sharing story after story of their unpleasant sexual trauma? If it's that big of a deal to you then dedicate your time, money, and effort to tracking down the rapist and getting some form of personal justice. If it's not important enough to you that you'd be willing to do that then keep it to yourself. It's so weird to tell everyone about things like that, what do you get out of it? Catharsis? Attention? What's the point?

by Anonymousreply 150October 22, 2020 6:39 PM

R149, he is quite clearly bi, judging from all the stories.

by Anonymousreply 151October 22, 2020 6:44 PM

Brazilians, specially the ones from Rio, know how "straight" Mat is.

by Anonymousreply 152October 22, 2020 6:45 PM

Tell us more, R152. Don’t be coy.

by Anonymousreply 153October 22, 2020 6:51 PM

McBongo and Pitt are both bi. Dicaprio and Chris Pine are bi but with a preference for men.

Mark Wahlberg was trade in his youth, which of course is not surprising to anyone with more than two functioning brain cells.

by Anonymousreply 154October 22, 2020 6:57 PM

I am sad to hear about the rape. What a nasty thing to happen.

by Anonymousreply 155October 22, 2020 7:02 PM

I bet he was drunk and some guy offered him a ride home. Then the guy tried to suck his dick.

by Anonymousreply 156October 22, 2020 7:04 PM

Alright, alright, alright.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157October 22, 2020 7:05 PM

R157 Mark Wahlberg, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio and Matthew McConaughey can be extremely annoying with their preachiness. If they like guys and hide it then that just makes them hypocrites since they love to preach the masses on how we should behave.

by Anonymousreply 158October 22, 2020 7:09 PM

Is there seriously anyone in the entire world interested in actually buying and reading this book?

by Anonymousreply 159October 22, 2020 7:13 PM

He should do something about that huge forehead, non?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160October 22, 2020 7:37 PM

I don't believe him. He doesn't have a believable face.

by Anonymousreply 161October 22, 2020 7:49 PM

r111 Was this a personal photo or work?

by Anonymousreply 162October 22, 2020 8:20 PM

He lost his virginity to 18 black males when he was 15?

by Anonymousreply 163October 22, 2020 8:26 PM

R163 Hey, it happens....

by Anonymousreply 164October 22, 2020 8:35 PM

He is an insufferable bore. I dated a guy who was Irish / German and had yellowish skin tone, they tan beautifully.

by Anonymousreply 165October 22, 2020 8:39 PM

Yeah what’s with yellow-skinned northern Europeans tanning beautifully? Fuck them. I’m a mix of Eastern European and English, Swedish, and Scottish, and I’m pale as fuck, basically only burn, have freckles and small brown spots, disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 166October 22, 2020 8:42 PM

Once? At 18? In a van?

Yeesh, what an amateur.

by Anonymousreply 167October 22, 2020 8:43 PM

Those might be traumatic experiences but they do not excuse his ugly hairdo in the OP.

by Anonymousreply 168October 22, 2020 8:47 PM

Is very sad he lose the virginity to black mail. I bet he don't get the money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169October 22, 2020 8:48 PM

He never uses deodorant because he's been told his natural scent is extremely pleasant.

by Anonymousreply 170October 22, 2020 9:57 PM

omg da shit dey makes up 2 sells books.....

by Anonymousreply 171October 22, 2020 9:59 PM

omg he buds with that cheater lance armstrong??? pass

by Anonymousreply 172October 22, 2020 10:00 PM

[quote] [R111] Was this a personal photo or work?

I believe it was a professionally done personal photo.

by Anonymousreply 173October 22, 2020 10:37 PM

Two or three fingers in the back of the van?

by Anonymousreply 174October 22, 2020 10:43 PM

R174 Was this van "down by the river" somewhere too?

by Anonymousreply 175October 22, 2020 10:50 PM

He did an extensive interview on Stern yesterday. Howard brought up several topics in the book including the physical abuse he suffered at the hands of his late father. You could tell that Howard generally felt bad for him, but Matthew doesn't see it as abuse and actually laughed off Howard's concern. His dad was a tough act, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 176October 22, 2020 11:07 PM

I always thought he was a kooky weirdo (albeit with a nice body) but him saying we need to give Trump a chance was the final straw for me. Bye, Felicia!

by Anonymousreply 177October 22, 2020 11:08 PM

A kooky BISEXUAL weirdo, R177.

by Anonymousreply 178October 22, 2020 11:18 PM

what a charmer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179October 22, 2020 11:23 PM

bulge in Dazed....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180October 22, 2020 11:25 PM

R107 God, that story still cuts me up. I was there for the OG Jani Lane thread and enjoyed how legendarily hilarious it was, but the brutal truth behind his damage was so sad. He was a talented and kind person by all accounts, which makes it even worse.

by Anonymousreply 181October 23, 2020 8:53 AM

[quote] He was raped, not molested, that's just his way of downplaying it.

Good catch. You'll notice that men won't use the word 'raped' or admit to being assaulted as adults, if they can get around it with other semantics. That's the toxic pervasive influence of homophobia and misogyny, for you - it's thought better to be seen as a traumatised innocent child who was molested than a wounded adult who underwent a same-sex rape.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182October 23, 2020 9:03 AM

He played those tall voodoo drums nude. He straddled the drum so the beating rhythms pulsated directly into his genitals.

by Anonymousreply 183October 23, 2020 9:17 AM

mmmmm.....so sexy. He must love to fuck a guy in the ass however he wants. Then ride the guy cock till he cum dry.

by Anonymousreply 184October 23, 2020 9:47 AM

On Howard, he talked about two identical wet dreams that he had years ago where he was floating down a river in Africa lying on his back, with tribesmen standing at the bank on both sides. There were no women involved and there was no sex, but the dream lasted 11 minutes both times.

by Anonymousreply 185October 23, 2020 10:36 AM

Kate Hudson recently said on the Goop podcast that he is a terrible kisser. Apparently he had snot all over his face when they shot the scene at the end of Fool's Gold.

by Anonymousreply 186October 23, 2020 11:05 AM

Who in Hollywood wasn't molested?

by Anonymousreply 187October 23, 2020 11:13 AM

By and large, I WANT TO KNOW, but in Matthew's case....TMI.

by Anonymousreply 188October 23, 2020 1:34 PM

Is he a college lecturer now?

by Anonymousreply 189October 23, 2020 1:55 PM

I guess when Matthew takes a huge dump, he will unapologetically grunt and not afraid of anyone hearing his big turf hitting the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 190October 23, 2020 1:57 PM

He may have had work done to hide signs of aging, but those pictures of him as a child and young man show that his youthful face was all his. I don't even think he had the ubiquitous Hollywood nose job.

by Anonymousreply 191October 23, 2020 3:05 PM

I know I will be crucified for pointing this out, but his children look like little werewolves.

by Anonymousreply 192October 23, 2020 5:14 PM

He married an ugly ho and unfortunately the kids all take after their mother instead of him. Pity.

Same thing with Matt Damon and his wife and kids.

by Anonymousreply 193October 23, 2020 5:39 PM

Can we PLEASE hear more about his gay encounter at the Chateau Marmont. I need to CUM.

by Anonymousreply 194October 23, 2020 5:41 PM

R194 the ghost of John Belushi was probably watching and furiously masturbating as it happened live. Yeuch.

by Anonymousreply 195October 23, 2020 6:39 PM

With kids that young, it's hard to tell how they will turn out. Many times, cute kids turn out to be weird-looking adults and vice-versa, which is why so many child actors flame out in their teens. Puberty is a cruel bitch to some and a godsend to others.

by Anonymousreply 196October 23, 2020 8:59 PM

r181 for a bisexual Jani sure seemed torn up about that encounter. Didn't the OG from that thread say that he already knew his way around hole and pole? Sad that it was erased.

by Anonymousreply 197October 23, 2020 9:35 PM

R197 not for nothing, but, a victim's sexual orientation doesn't do a thing to alleviate the effects of rape. Gay or bisexual men can be and are raped by other men, sadly it happens.

Fwiw my gaydar read on Jani also skews gay-leaning bi. A lot of the things he used to say in interviews or get up to outside of family and Warrant-related stuff reminded me of JC Chasez (a glass-closeted bi singer, who was also possibly molested/raped); sheepishly hanging out in many gay bars on the sly, catfighting with other closet cases, passing on groupies and later starting a 'girlband' that he clearly had no ulterior sexual designs upon...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198October 23, 2020 9:53 PM

[quote] Same thing with Matt Damon and his rabbit-faced wife and kids.

Fixed that for you.

by Anonymousreply 199October 23, 2020 10:33 PM

What is McBongo’s skin color?

by Anonymousreply 200October 23, 2020 10:39 PM

Do people who have been molested usually go on to molest others?

by Anonymousreply 201October 23, 2020 11:35 PM

[quote] He is an insufferable bore. I dated a guy who was Irish / German and had yellowish skin tone, they tan beautifully.

Who is an insufferable bore?

Please tell us more about your Irish/German boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 202October 24, 2020 3:17 AM

r201 Often.

by Anonymousreply 203October 24, 2020 3:31 AM

From my personal experience, I would say he’s discreetly bi and into fem men

by Anonymousreply 204October 24, 2020 7:10 AM

Bongo Bump

by Anonymousreply 205October 24, 2020 3:14 PM

Most guys who are molested by men are gay themselves and encouraged it. Look at DiCaprio flaming and flirting when he was young.

by Anonymousreply 206October 24, 2020 3:18 PM

I would have taken advantage of him too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207October 24, 2020 3:33 PM

R207 admitting they would rape someone. Charming.

by Anonymousreply 208October 24, 2020 4:00 PM

R204, so you’re saying an effeminate man and MM has cruised you? Or fucked you?

by Anonymousreply 209October 24, 2020 4:13 PM

That was, “you’re saying you’re an effeminate man, and MM has cruised you? Or fucked you?”

by Anonymousreply 210October 24, 2020 4:13 PM

He's everywhere right now, huge PR blitz for this memoir, his publisher must be spending a fortune.

by Anonymousreply 211October 24, 2020 4:29 PM

I thought saw where he had been knocked out by his assailant, not passed out...

by Anonymousreply 212October 24, 2020 4:37 PM

All right all right r212 now I remember it better. It wasn't just a typical 18 year old drunk Friday night. There was an Assailant involved!

The book sequel is starting to write itself

by Anonymousreply 213October 24, 2020 5:10 PM

R206 Leo has always been a mystery to me, in that respect.

The kiss he had with David Thewlis in TOTAL ECLIPSE feels uncomfortably true-to-life, like it was too easy for Leo to bring it to the scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214October 24, 2020 5:20 PM

He was 18 when he was molested? Well that rules me out.

by Anonymousreply 215October 24, 2020 5:39 PM

He was 18 when he was molested? Well that rules me out.

by Anonymousreply 216October 24, 2020 5:39 PM

He’s an arrogant man and overcompensating

by Anonymousreply 217October 24, 2020 6:07 PM

DiCaprio had more sexual chemistry with Thewlis in that scene than I've ever seen him have with a leading lady, and that includes Kate Winslet, who always seemed more like his older sister.

by Anonymousreply 218October 24, 2020 7:21 PM

Out of curiosity, how much money do these celebs make from these bios? And it a one-time payment thing or do they get more money if sales are good?

by Anonymousreply 219October 24, 2020 7:35 PM

I do realize Winslet is younger than DiCaprio, but in Titanic she looked older.

by Anonymousreply 220October 24, 2020 7:40 PM

[quote]Out of curiosity, how much money do these celebs make from these bios?

It depends on their level of celebrity, whether they are liked, and if they are usually tight-lipped.

I would think McConaughey would get 6-figures, not 7.

by Anonymousreply 221October 24, 2020 7:45 PM

Demi Moore's recent tell-all autobio did really well. I believe it was a NY Times #1 Bestseller. She did all the usual rounds, including a good lengthy Howard Stern interview.

by Anonymousreply 222October 24, 2020 7:48 PM

R220 Winslet and DiCaprio was a laughable pairing. He looked a gnat and she was a battleship.

by Anonymousreply 223October 24, 2020 8:27 PM

I've never found DiCaprio convincing as an adult. Until Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 224October 24, 2020 9:00 PM

What’s his skin color?

by Anonymousreply 225October 24, 2020 9:05 PM

I've liked DiCaprio in plenty of films, including most of his Scorsese outings and both films with Tarantino. I've just never believed any of his chemistry with women. He always seems to be playacting the part of a horny straight man rather than embodying that state. I thought he just had a hard time portraying sex on camera, but that scene with Thewlis makes me think he's a gay man who can't fake attraction to a woman.

by Anonymousreply 226October 24, 2020 9:10 PM

He had interesting chemistry with Cate Blanchett in The Aviator, but I'm not sure I'd call it sexual.

by Anonymousreply 227October 24, 2020 9:15 PM

McConaughey auditioned for the role of Jack in Titanic. He'd have been a much better physical match for Kate Winslet, as he actually looked like a grown man in 1997.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228October 24, 2020 9:18 PM

R228 you are not a woman so you don’t really know what women like. Most women tend to be more emotionally attached to straight men with feminine facial features. Have you ever wondered why Leo and now Timothee are more hugely popular than any better looking and more masculine men out there?

by Anonymousreply 229October 24, 2020 9:24 PM

R84 never happened.

by Anonymousreply 230October 24, 2020 9:35 PM

From Vanity Fair - Feb 2017:

early two weeks after Donald Trump’s inauguration, Matthew McConaughey says it is time to accept him as president. In an interview with ChannelFi (per Entertainment Weekly), the Oscar winner said that Hollywood “[doesn’t] have much of a choice” when it comes to accepting Donald Trump as leader of the free world.

“He’s our president,” he said, before admitting to the concerns this administration poses. “And it’s very dynamic and as divisive of an inauguration and time that we’ve ever had. At the same time, it’s time for us to embrace, shake hands with this fact, and be constructive with him over the next four years.”

McConaughey’s comments follow two weeks of celebrities speaking out against Trump since the inauguration, including the several bold-faced names who joined the Women’s March on Washington and its sister marches around the country on January 21. America Ferrera, for example, reminded the crowd of marchers in Washington, D.C., that they were gathered “across the country and the world to say, ‘Mr. Trump, we refuse.’ ”

Although many actors and artists are calling for resistance against Trump, his policies, and controversial executive orders, McConaughey is not alone in his stand for staying open-minded about the new administration.

Last month, Nicole Kidman told the BBC that the best way the American people can support their country is to support their president.

“So I just say, he’s now elected, and we as a country need to support whoever is the president because that’s what the country’s based on,” she said.

Kidman later corrected sources who referred to her remarks as an endorsement of Trump when she told Access Hollywood that she had been simply expressing her feelings about how a successful democracy works.

“I was trying to stress that I believe in democracy and the American Constitution, and it was that simple,” she said.

McConaughey strikes a similar tone with his words, calling for a constructive look at the actions of the 45th president.

‘So, even those who most strongly may disagree with his principles or things he’s said and done — which is another thing, we’ll see what he does compared to what he had said — no matter how much you even disagreed along the way, it’s time to think about how constructive can you be,” he said. “Because he’s our president for the next four years. At least.”

by Anonymousreply 231October 24, 2020 9:45 PM

R229, McConaughey is a major sex symbol. If he'd been cast in Titanic, maybe he wouldn't have been as big a hit with thirteen-year-old girls as DiCaprio, but grown women seem to like old McBongo just fine. I mean, he was one of the major draws of Magic Mike, along with a bunch of other actors who look like adults. It's not just gays who like masculine men.

by Anonymousreply 232October 24, 2020 9:59 PM

McConaughey was too old for Titanic. The Jack character was only supposed to be around 22-ish and McConaughey looked a bit older.

by Anonymousreply 233October 24, 2020 11:05 PM

[quote] Have you ever wondered why Leo and now Timothee are more hugely popular than any better looking and more masculine men out there?

That TImothee nonentity is only popular with a few unbalanced stalkers who plague this board. He's not all that famous.

by Anonymousreply 234October 24, 2020 11:06 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235October 24, 2020 11:12 PM

God he looks so fucking weird there ! Yuck !

by Anonymousreply 236October 24, 2020 11:57 PM

He's really looked bad since he lost all that weight for Dallas Buyer's Club. I admire his duty to his craft, but these actors never seem to recover after extreme weight gains and/or losses. I think that's what gave Tom Hanks the diabeetus.

by Anonymousreply 237October 25, 2020 12:01 AM

Spot on R208. Big yuck.

by Anonymousreply 238October 25, 2020 12:48 AM

More about his 8” cock or body odor, please. No need to dwell on the negative.

by Anonymousreply 239October 25, 2020 2:14 AM

R218/R226 ia. Have never believed Leo in any hetero on-screen relationship dynamic, and found his gay roles most convincing and moving. I'm sure that's not for nothing.

You can see the TOTAL ECLIPSE kiss frame-by-frame way more clearly below, and it's obvious that Leo quickly dry-swallows and shows a second of out-of-character nervous excitement before David goes in for the main snog. Can't tell if Leo is using tongue, but that jaw is working harder than it probably needed to. Either the kid was really excited to play and get this role, or David was turning him on a little..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240October 25, 2020 2:34 AM

McBongo, after dropping trou for parts in his early days, has retreated to his homophobic asshole Texas Republican roots.

Special kinda guy.

(with all due respect to Ann Richards, LBJ, Molly Ivins, John Henry Faulk, Jim Hightower and Beto O'Rourke)

by Anonymousreply 241October 25, 2020 2:40 AM

[Quote] You can guess at that here where he's questioned by an irritating brainless bimbo Australian female

Clearly you're not familiar with Carrie Bickmore.

by Anonymousreply 242October 25, 2020 2:58 AM

Carrie Bickmore went to Stonewall Bar Oxford St with her celebrity-wannabe friends to laugh at the gay guys. Everything was joke to her.

by Anonymousreply 243October 25, 2020 3:21 AM

I feel like he’s pansexual and also that scene in that movie with zac Enron were it’s revealed he takes big black cock secretly- he played that ummm very well.

by Anonymousreply 244October 25, 2020 3:43 AM

He's been in Lincoln car commercials and Wild Turkey bourbon commercials. I realize people need to make money, but I wonder what's going on with him. The book just seems like another way to make money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245October 25, 2020 4:06 AM

How did the molesterer put up with the cheese cock smell?

by Anonymousreply 246October 25, 2020 4:14 AM

Well he's got three kids, a wife who doesn't work and several expensive pieces of real estate so he needs to make a fuck-ton of $$$ to keep all of that up. Matt Damon is the same way.

by Anonymousreply 247October 25, 2020 4:15 AM

His days as a romantic leading man are numbered. He's not Paul Newman, he won't work forever.

Never forget the arms.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248October 25, 2020 4:18 AM

What’s McConaughey’s skin color?

by Anonymousreply 249October 25, 2020 4:19 AM

[quote]R134 I want to know more about the blackmail. What kind of info would a person have on a 15-year-old that rises to the level of blackmail?

It’s very possible he was skimming money from his paper route.

But Ginny in Billing noticed.

by Anonymousreply 250October 25, 2020 5:53 AM

[quote] What’s McConaughey’s skin color?

Chartreuse, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 251October 25, 2020 6:05 AM

It is not uncommon for movie stars to do product endorsements anymore, in the same way that the stigma of a movie star doing TV has all but vanished. He’s probably making a killing doing these commercials despite not being strapped for cash. He even said on Howard that he could afford to stop doing rom-coms because he’d invested well.

by Anonymousreply 252October 25, 2020 12:14 PM

Does he have sex with his buddy Lance Armstrong? Gays don't normally form close relationship s with straight jocks.

by Anonymousreply 253October 25, 2020 12:51 PM

R237, I agree. Dallas Buyers Club brought him an Oscar and a rebirth as a serious actor at the cost of a permanent downgrade to his looks.

I think that's one reason Brad Pitt has aged so well: He's always kept his weight steady. No big gains, no big losses, just steady attention to fitness throughout his adult years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254October 25, 2020 2:17 PM

R254 did you pull that out of your ass? Pitt got very skinny a number of times. For example, Fight club. Also married to Anniston. And after the divorce from Saint Angelina. He was skin and bones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255October 25, 2020 2:19 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256October 25, 2020 2:19 PM

Want to pull more craptastic Hollywood ageless beauty theories out of your ass?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257October 25, 2020 2:20 PM

I wanna be black maled.

by Anonymousreply 258October 25, 2020 2:20 PM

Calm down, R257. Did Brad Pitt touch you in a bad place or something?

Pitt does look thinner than usual in your pictures, but he never got emaciated for a role and he never got fat, either. I still maintain that this helped him hold his looks.

If you don't agree, by all means don't. But don't be such a fucking prick about it.

by Anonymousreply 259October 25, 2020 2:22 PM

Deflecting. Pitt has been emaciated a number of times. Ruining your cockamamie theory. Pitt might look great now because he is always a handsome man, and he has had great work and is fit now. He had SHITTY work on his face during the marriage to Angelina. And then he looked like a junky.

by Anonymousreply 260October 25, 2020 2:26 PM

Pitt is overrated.

by Anonymousreply 261October 25, 2020 2:30 PM

God - Matthew takes him self so damn seriously. Dude - no one is buying that you are an intellectual of any kind.

Like most douchebags, I really don't care about his privileged pretty white frat boy life. No matter what struggles you want to fabricate to create a 'struggle'.

And what kind of an ego do you have to write a memoir? Were people really asking for this? I don't think so.

This just underscores what I've always felt about him - massive ego and no self-awareness at all. Plus, now faux religious postering? Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 262October 25, 2020 2:30 PM

Do the t-rex arms make it challenging for him to masturbate?

by Anonymousreply 263October 25, 2020 2:31 PM

Okay, R260. Name one role where Brad Pitt seriously starved himself, like McConaughey did for DBC or Matt Damon did for Courage Under Fire or Christian Bale did for the Machinist. OR, name a role he got fat for, like Damon did for The Informant or Bale did for Vice and American Hustle. That is very different from getting thin/fat from stress, where the weight loss/gain is probably under 20 pounds, as it was in your pictures. You CAN'T name those roles because Pitt has NEVER done that. I'm sure there are other reasons he's aged well, but keeping his weight relatively steady is definitely one of them.

Now fuck off with your trolling.

by Anonymousreply 264October 25, 2020 2:32 PM

You don't like being shown up as full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 265October 25, 2020 2:37 PM

[quote] It is not uncommon for movie stars to do product endorsements anymore

Positive anymore

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266October 25, 2020 3:14 PM

I remember years ago someone on here pointed out his t-rex arms and I had never noticed that before . Now I cant unsee it !

by Anonymousreply 267October 25, 2020 4:13 PM

Pitt aged so well because he has a Capricorn stellium. Such people are usually gawky and plain if nice-enough looking teens/20-somethings, who get better and better looking with time and natural ageing.

He’ll look fantastic in another ten years.

by Anonymousreply 268October 25, 2020 4:32 PM

[quote]Pitt aged so well because he has a Capricorn stellium.

So have I, and it's true we Sags on the cusp of Capricorn age well.

by Anonymousreply 269October 25, 2020 4:39 PM

So is he going full Jane Fonda now? Submitting tidbits of dis-functional upbringing when he cools a bit? He is going have to up his game, as the bar is high, now that depression is the latest confessional on all social platforms, especially by hot gay-baiting studs with the very long "confessional" underneath the pose in the shower showing a right cheek thrust. He should try:

Coffee lady on Lincoln commercial set "objectified him" Wardrobe guy om Lincoln commercial set "brushed his special place" when fitting him. Terry Bradshaw made him be his "center" and practiced taking snaps from him on the set of "Failure to Launch." He has "super depressions" a new clinical category because of pandemic, this will be timed with new drug release by Astra-Zeneca.

by Anonymousreply 270October 25, 2020 4:57 PM

How blackmail someone at 15? You let me blow you or I'll tell daddy you raped me!

Molested by the ubiquitous "stranger in the van"? That wouldn't leave emotional scars. Being raped by a family member would though.

by Anonymousreply 271October 25, 2020 5:08 PM

[quote]R271 Molested by the ubiquitous "stranger in the van"? That wouldn't leave emotional scars.

Mmmmm.... I’m sure some out there would beg to differ.

Or defer, had they had the option.

by Anonymousreply 272October 25, 2020 5:55 PM

First of all, there are hardly any strangers in vans raping people R272. And second being a victim of an unknown assailant is way way way easier to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 273October 25, 2020 6:38 PM

If the guy was hot, it wouldn't have been a big deal.

by Anonymousreply 274October 25, 2020 6:48 PM

If I had a nickle for every time I was raped in a van ,I could afford my own van !

by Anonymousreply 275October 25, 2020 7:11 PM

Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie were in a media war when their divorce first hit the news.

Angelina was the single mom of 6, surviving without child support from Brad.

Brad was a Broken Man, coming out of a ten-year alcohol binge, but two weeks clean and sober now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276October 25, 2020 7:38 PM

Brad Pitt won the media battle. He's got a new Oscar and is still the golden boy of Hollywood. Angelina is stuck with the loony bitch reputation she tried so hard to get rid of mid-career. Now it's back with a vengeance.

by Anonymousreply 277October 25, 2020 8:33 PM

These one nomination/one win people are a sorry lot. (Gwyneth, Halle) Flukes.

by Anonymousreply 278October 25, 2020 8:53 PM

That M shit has never been funny.

by Anonymousreply 279October 25, 2020 10:26 PM

Yeah, I don't know why people keep pushing it here. It's as tired as the Sure, Jan GIF.

by Anonymousreply 280October 25, 2020 10:28 PM

All this talk has made me hard. I guess I'd better order the book.

by Anonymousreply 281October 25, 2020 11:33 PM

cookies smell great

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282October 26, 2020 1:59 AM

I bet he dicked all 5 of his fellow honorees.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283October 26, 2020 2:01 AM

I agree r279. Enough of that woman.

by Anonymousreply 284October 26, 2020 6:04 AM

Did he and Anthony Rapp commiserate and trade stories while shooting DAZED...?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285October 26, 2020 9:25 AM

He's awfully loyal to disgraced Armstrong

by Anonymousreply 286October 26, 2020 3:06 PM

I remember a story he once retold on some talk show (Howard, I believe) about having sex with some chick in the back of a pickup when he was a teen. I'm wondering if it's the pretty black chick at R283, since he's into women of color.

by Anonymousreply 287October 26, 2020 3:58 PM

Lukcy her. He was hot as fuck in high school, based on that prom picture.

by Anonymousreply 288October 26, 2020 6:48 PM

i just saw this thread. Really, he was gangraped by18 BBCs inside a moving van when's just 15? well i dont believe. you can't fit 18 black guys in a van . unless it's a clown van.

by Anonymousreply 289December 11, 2020 7:18 PM

I’ve lived in LA since the 1980’s and worked on and off in the entertainment industry. I’ve rarely met an actor who was not suffering from trauma and some mental illness. They’re mostly nuts and wounded, looking for validation from as many strangers as possible and willing to do many things they will later try to say they were forced into.

by Anonymousreply 290December 11, 2020 7:41 PM

Matthew's first impression is of a butch top, but the more you listen to him talk and watch him move, the more he seems like a needy, narcissistic bottom. The type who needs coddling and cock every 5 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 291December 11, 2020 8:03 PM

I wouldn't have minded doing that in the late 90s & early 00s. But now? And especially after he wrecked his looks in pursuit of an Oscar win? No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 292December 11, 2020 8:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!