Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Flight Attendant on HBO Max

This looks good! And Michiel Huisman is so beautiful.

Too bad it’s on HBO Max so no one will see it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198March 7, 2021 4:17 PM

Is it a comedy thriller?

I see Michelle Rodriguez there in the trailer, she is a good actor and a hoot!

by Anonymousreply 1October 20, 2020 7:11 PM

Oops I mean Michelle Gomez!

by Anonymousreply 2October 20, 2020 7:12 PM

There are some angles where Michiel Huisman looks like an older version of DL fav Alex Pettyfer.

by Anonymousreply 3October 20, 2020 7:27 PM

Ughhh--Cuoco and that no-talent from Lens's GIRLS. Pass.

Which grieves me, since I am a huge fan of the huge Dutchman.

by Anonymousreply 4October 20, 2020 7:44 PM

He is 6ft. Huge?

by Anonymousreply 5October 20, 2020 7:46 PM

I'll watch it. I love HBO Max.

by Anonymousreply 6October 20, 2020 8:45 PM

The woman and her bad hair gets 90% of the screen time. He is just incidental.

by Anonymousreply 7October 20, 2020 9:03 PM

I'd rather rewatch him in The Invitation instead

by Anonymousreply 8October 20, 2020 9:59 PM

Does Huisman display his penis at all? No, I didn't think so.

by Anonymousreply 9October 20, 2020 10:01 PM

Just saw the trailer and i'm tempted to check it out. I also spotted Michelle Gomez who was fantastic on Sabrina.

by Anonymousreply 10October 21, 2020 1:04 PM

Poor Kelly poured her broken-heart into her work after he shocking break-up with Henry Cavill

by Anonymousreply 11October 21, 2020 1:08 PM

r10, thanks! I thought the female assassin looked familiar.

by Anonymousreply 12October 21, 2020 1:09 PM

I am here for Rosie Perez! Huisman's beauty is always a welcome bonus.

by Anonymousreply 13October 21, 2020 1:10 PM

I read the book this spring. It was gripping, a paranoid thriller. In the book, the murder happened in Milan? Rome? and she has to weigh calling the Italian police vs knowing what happened to that US student several years ago. This version looks like they’ve upped the ante by setting it in Bangkok, much more corrupt, but it also makes her decision to flee more understandable and acceptable.

The main character is an alcoholic and a petty thief/shoplifter who thinks of herself as a lovable screw up but the people around her are fed up with drama and excuses.

by Anonymousreply 14October 21, 2020 1:30 PM

Reviews

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 18, 2020 11:14 PM

This seems like a dark comedy when I thought the book was...not that.

by Anonymousreply 16November 18, 2020 11:17 PM

R15 thanks for posting. I didn't know T.R Knight and Bebe Neuwirth were in this.

by Anonymousreply 17November 20, 2020 5:54 AM

Has anyone watched the first episode yet? It’s available for free on HBO Max. I liked it. Seems like the trashy, guilty pleasure we’ve all been waiting for during lockdown.

Kaley is funny. Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 18November 23, 2020 12:24 PM

If you have HBO you get HBO Max. BTW, if you want to wait a day later it is on HBO so you can DVR it.

by Anonymousreply 19November 23, 2020 12:31 PM

I read the book and didn't find it gripping. The premise was good. (The murder took place in Dubai.) But Cassie's choices were just those of a screw up, and there were too many of those throughout the book. Besides that I don't think too much happened in the book. A lot of pages with reflection of her childhood that I didn't need.

Will still watch the show. The cast is just too interesting to pass. It also looks like the show has some characters that the book doesn't have. So I hope that the show overall fixed some of the book's shortcomings.

by Anonymousreply 20November 23, 2020 12:35 PM

Michiel Huisman is an amalgam of every man I ever loved from afar.

by Anonymousreply 21November 23, 2020 12:36 PM

I just found out I have free HBO Max with my ATT internet subsription. It just became available on the Amazon FireStick. I'm actually quite surprised by the content. Over the weekend I watched Class Action Park, Diabolique, the Undoing, some Looney Tunes cartoons, and the first episode of the docu-series, Murder on Middle Beach. The director is a dead ringer for Zac Efron. It will be interesting to see where that one goes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 23, 2020 1:02 PM

[Quote]  The director is a dead ringer for Zac Efron.

I see a bit of Emile Hirsch too.

by Anonymousreply 23November 24, 2020 9:53 AM

This is really good so far!

by Anonymousreply 24November 26, 2020 10:15 PM

I’ve tried like hell to get HBO max. I have HBO through Amazon (I’m solely a streaming guy) and it was recently announced that max would be available but good luck figuring out how to get it.

I tried for a half hour last night because I wanted to give Raised By Wolves a shot. No luck, gave up. I think I need a letter from my congressman.

by Anonymousreply 25November 26, 2020 10:23 PM

I understand that not everyone gets to be pretty or cute, but every single time I see Zosia Mamet I think WHAT THE FUCK?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 26, 2020 10:29 PM

Do torrents or off-brand streaming r25.

by Anonymousreply 27November 26, 2020 10:29 PM

Zosia Mamet is startlingly homely. Definitely one of those actresses who owes her entire career to nepotism.

by Anonymousreply 28November 26, 2020 10:30 PM

Same here, r25.

by Anonymousreply 29November 26, 2020 10:30 PM

HBO Max buffers like crazy on my laptop, it's the only streaming site that does this. Every other site works just fine. It's so annoying. I dislike watching stuff on my ipad but with HBO Max I'm forced to.

by Anonymousreply 30November 26, 2020 10:32 PM

HBOMax is finally a proper app on Amazon Fire Stick, R25, if I understand through all the turkey sleepy stuff what you're asking. Just go to the search thing (to the left if the "Home" header) and enter "HBOMax" and it will pull up the app fir you to download and open.

by Anonymousreply 31November 26, 2020 10:32 PM

Zosia Mamet is the only weak link in an otherwise great cast. She is totally unconvincing as a big shot NYC attorney. She's not even close to what a person like that would really be like. God, she sucks.

by Anonymousreply 32November 26, 2020 10:33 PM

Are we sure Zosia isn’t Eugene Levy’s love child?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 26, 2020 10:35 PM

So who murdered him and why? Just tell me. I can't stand that Big Bang Theory chick.

by Anonymousreply 34November 26, 2020 10:37 PM

I don’t know what Amazon fire stick is, r31. I have Amazon prime and access it on a smart tv.

by Anonymousreply 35November 26, 2020 10:45 PM

R35 = totally clueless old geezer

by Anonymousreply 36November 26, 2020 10:56 PM

Did Amazon notify any of you that have HBO through them that they are dropping HBO from their platform? That is probably why you can't find an app for HBO Max.

by Anonymousreply 37November 27, 2020 12:01 AM

How can she afford that Manhattan apartment on a flight attendant's salary?

by Anonymousreply 38November 27, 2020 2:41 AM

r25 I have HBO on my Amazon Fire Stick and I didn't have to do anything to get HBO Max. The HBO icon turned into the HBO Max icon automatically. When I clicked on it, I could choose HBO or HBO Max content.

by Anonymousreply 39November 27, 2020 3:49 AM

Amazon Firestick and Amazon Prime Video are two different things. A Firestick is just a way to access Prime Video (or Netflix, or Hulu, or Disney+, or...) if you don’t have a smart tv or the one you have is old and slow. I don’t know if HBO Max is available through Prime, but probably not because HBO wants you to sign up through their app.

by Anonymousreply 40November 27, 2020 4:03 AM

Does this show improve from 1st 30 min? Have not watched TBBT, I found lead annoying here

by Anonymousreply 41November 27, 2020 10:54 AM

I watched the first episode last nighr and I really enjoyed it.

by Anonymousreply 42November 27, 2020 12:27 PM

I watched the first three. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Its just fun, engaging entertainment that is not trying to be anything more than that.

by Anonymousreply 43November 29, 2020 4:42 PM

Started watching this. Seems all over the place but isn't too bad.

by Anonymousreply 44November 29, 2020 4:50 PM

Agreed r43 - I’ve been thinking of it as frothy. I’ve been watching a number of Scandinavian crime shows of late, Flight Attendant has been a nice respite.

by Anonymousreply 45November 29, 2020 4:53 PM

Kaley Cuoco is great

The 24-style multi camera thing is a little annoying.

But so far, it’s fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 46November 29, 2020 5:13 PM

It bugged me that they showed them boarding a train to Westchester at Penn Station. Penn Station does New Jersey and Long Island. To board a metronorth train to Westchester you would be at Grand Central.

by Anonymousreply 47November 29, 2020 5:22 PM

The female FBI agent got upset at the male FBI agent for showing Cuoco the pics of the dead man's body, but I thought that was pretty standard procedure in an interrogation.

by Anonymousreply 48November 29, 2020 5:28 PM

That’s funny r47 — why the hell would they use Penn which is wrong and hideous when they could use GCT which is correct and beautiful?

by Anonymousreply 49November 29, 2020 5:30 PM

I don't understand how these streaming services expect everyone to pay for all these different services...

by Anonymousreply 50November 29, 2020 5:34 PM

R40 yes, I access HBO through prime, which is now a separate fee package. It entities you to Max as well, BUT you need the app to view. You just sign into the Max app using your prime email and password.

HOWEVER you HAVE to access it through the app. And my smart tv does not offer the app for download. I downloaded the app to my phone and can sign into it using my Amazon password but I’m not going to watch tv on my phone.

This is why Max is going to fail. They’ve made it too exclusive to the app.

by Anonymousreply 51November 29, 2020 5:35 PM

Just watched episode 3. Damn, Deniz Akdeniz is hot as Max.

by Anonymousreply 52November 29, 2020 5:38 PM

With his clothes on he is alright, but the gratuitous shower scene was welcome because who would have guessed he has such a hot body r52.

Now they need to contrive a reason to have Nolan Gerard Funk take off his clothes for us.

by Anonymousreply 53November 29, 2020 5:41 PM

HBOMax is not extra money r50. It is just included with HBO.

by Anonymousreply 54November 29, 2020 5:44 PM

I liked the first episode, but Cuoco annoys me. Too hyper or something and I don't believe in her "panic."

by Anonymousreply 55November 29, 2020 5:52 PM

I added the HBO Max app to my smart tv.

by Anonymousreply 56November 29, 2020 6:06 PM

I cast the HBOMax app from my phone to my TV to watch stuff. Its the best solution until they finally put it on Roku so I can watch normally.

by Anonymousreply 57November 29, 2020 6:15 PM

how did people see eps 2-3? When I look, only ep 1 is available

by Anonymousreply 58November 29, 2020 8:25 PM

R58 The first 3 episodes were released together on HBO Max

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59November 29, 2020 8:37 PM

I was only able to watch the first episode, r58. It did not make me want to watch any further episodes. Unless they pull a "Jack from This Is Us" maneuver, they wasted the only person I wanted to see.

by Anonymousreply 60November 29, 2020 9:31 PM

Just binged the first 3 episodes. I'm enjoying it, despite Cassie being a complete moron. And I like Rosie, but her arc is kind of boring.

by Anonymousreply 61December 1, 2020 2:52 PM

I think the Rosie arc is hilarious. This stewardess Frau getting into company espionage at her age and it looks like it's just for kicks to escape her boring life as a woman and no-fun head of the cabin crew.

According to imdb's trivia page Kaley bought the rights of the source material without reading it first and I imagine she discovered something in the books that caused some trouble for her vision of the show (meaning the author put some road blocks in her way she didn't anticipate).

by Anonymousreply 62December 1, 2020 3:12 PM

Michelle Gomez looks exactly like Jason Issacs! Are they related?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63December 2, 2020 12:17 PM

Michelle Gomez looks exactly like Jason Issacs! Are they related?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64December 2, 2020 12:17 PM

[quote]Zosia Mamet is the only weak link in an otherwise great cast. She is totally unconvincing as a big shot NYC attorney. She's not even close to what a person like that would really be like. God, she sucks.

Same with smirking Nolan Funk. But at least he's pretty to look at.

by Anonymousreply 65December 2, 2020 12:39 PM

[quote]According to imdb's trivia page Kaley bought the rights of the source material without reading it first and I imagine she discovered something in the books that caused some trouble for her vision of the show (meaning the author put some road blocks in her way she didn't anticipate).

Meaning her people told her what the book is about (probably gave her a synopsis), and bought the rights for her.

by Anonymousreply 66December 2, 2020 12:44 PM

I watch it for the sizzling Isha Blaaker

by Anonymousreply 67December 2, 2020 1:16 PM

I watch it for the sizzling Isha Blaaker

by Anonymousreply 68December 2, 2020 1:16 PM

Nolan Funk is not a great actor, but he is well cast as a smug asshole agent r65.

by Anonymousreply 69December 2, 2020 1:30 PM

I do agree that Zosia Mamet is not well cast. The character is supposed to be tough Manhattan attorney that has defended the Mafia?

You don't see it.

by Anonymousreply 70December 2, 2020 1:33 PM

I don't have any problem with Zosia. She looks like a typical Jewess lawyer. Have you never met a Jewess lawyer? That's what they look like.

by Anonymousreply 71December 2, 2020 1:37 PM

Its not about looks r71, it is about the character's personality. She hasn't convinced me this is someone the NY Mafia would go to to save their ass in court.

by Anonymousreply 72December 2, 2020 1:40 PM

Mamet is supposed to be a big shot NYC attorney but she plays the role like she's a sorority girl or something. Totally, completely wrong personality for that type of character.

by Anonymousreply 73December 2, 2020 1:51 PM

No she is playing her like a Jewish American Princess. That’s how they all are. I know. I grew up in Monmouth County, New Jersey.

by Anonymousreply 74December 2, 2020 3:09 PM

I am actually really enjoying it. I didn’t really expect to as I wasn’t keen on the lead.

by Anonymousreply 75December 2, 2020 3:27 PM

r73 not the ones I know.

by Anonymousreply 76December 2, 2020 8:40 PM

[quote]Mamet is supposed to be a big shot NYC attorney but she plays the role like she's a sorority girl or something. Totally, completely wrong personality for that type of character.

She was the same in Girls. Same spastic 'precious' acting, same line readings, same everything.

by Anonymousreply 77December 3, 2020 5:40 AM

Fine ass

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78December 3, 2020 5:52 AM

Have new episodes come out yet?

by Anonymousreply 79December 3, 2020 8:47 AM

[quote]I am actually really enjoying it. I didn’t really expect to as I wasn’t keen on the lead.

Kaley is very convincing in this role. Have you met any flight attendants in a social situation? A straight male friend dated one, Kaley is spot on. Many female flight attendants are as dizzy as Kaley's character. Many, both female and male, are indeed addicted to alcohol and/or drugs and have sex with strangers.

I like Zosia Mamet, however, I can understand why people are complaining about her portraying a powerful NYC lawyer. On the other hand, as someone else stated, many female NYC lawyers are as ditzy as Zosia's character.

I can see Zosia playing a woman working in fashion or in the arts, but as a powerful lawyer who reps scary NYC Mafia people, not really.

by Anonymousreply 80December 3, 2020 9:28 AM

Zosia character is rather creepy and strange. She acts like she's above everything, but then risks her precious career (and life?) to save that train wreck of a friend? Is she supposed to be the (20)20s version of Sex & The City's Miranda? Someone working for the mob would've dumped Cassie a long time ago, because there's no benefit in adding more (friendship) drama in your life when you are working for the mob.

by Anonymousreply 81December 3, 2020 9:41 AM

This show is super fun; I love it. The tone is kind of what I wanted Killing Eve to be, a woman-in-peril genre piece crossed with a screwball comedy

by Anonymousreply 82December 3, 2020 12:03 PM

[quote] Many, both female and male, are indeed addicted to alcohol and/or drugs and have sex with strangers.

I can't even imagine having to work an hours-long flight with a raging hangover. That would be torture.

by Anonymousreply 83December 3, 2020 1:24 PM

They will all be in on it by the end. Could be better. But enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 84December 3, 2020 1:27 PM

[quote]I watched the first three. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Its just fun, engaging entertainment that is not trying to be anything more than that.

A lesson for Nicole Kidman and The Undoing!

by Anonymousreply 85December 3, 2020 5:53 PM

I see there are two new episodes up FYI.

by Anonymousreply 86December 3, 2020 10:09 PM

I'm just about to watch it over here in the UK. My IPTV provider has just added it today.

by Anonymousreply 87December 3, 2020 10:16 PM

Attacking the Vessel as a hideous eyesore, the Doorman is clearly a DLer.

Also hearing Michelle Gomez with her natural accent is odd to me, to used to her from Sabrina.

by Anonymousreply 88December 4, 2020 1:44 AM

Did Rosie Perez have that kid when she was 50 years old?

by Anonymousreply 89December 4, 2020 4:04 AM

Tonight it finally clicked who plays Rosie's husband. He was General Owens on Homeland and one of the main male characters on Army Wives.

Also, I stopped watching for a few minutes to watch Miley Cyrus cover Hole (from Howard Stern) and about 10 minutes later Celebrity Skin was in the show.

by Anonymousreply 90December 4, 2020 5:24 AM

Modern Hitchcockian. Not bad and not some lame reboot.

by Anonymousreply 91December 4, 2020 9:32 PM

I was shocked to find out, Michelle Gomez is married to Jack Davenport, Jack is best known in the US from the UK TV series COUPLING. Wow, MG looks like his mother, so old and wrinkly, she's also very masculine looking.

I always thought Jack was gay, maybe he is.

by Anonymousreply 92December 5, 2020 3:56 AM

I just finished episode 5 😬 Rosie speaking in Korean about Cassie was great. And T.R did a solid job confronting Cassie in episode 4.

by Anonymousreply 93December 8, 2020 11:53 AM

the show has become season 2 of 24, which is good. but it's not as good as the first episode.

by Anonymousreply 94December 8, 2020 12:06 PM

I loved the first episode

by Anonymousreply 95December 8, 2020 12:21 PM

What a shitty show. Cuoco is terrible. Two episodes in and I'm out.

by Anonymousreply 96December 8, 2020 12:28 PM

R35, If you can't add the HBOMax channel to your smart tv, you can still watch it via app on your mobile devices (phone/tablet) or computer. Download the HBOMax app to your device, or go to hbomax dot com on your computer. Choose to log in via your tv provider. You'll see "Prime video channels" as an option - just use your Amazon credentials. Viola!

See "prime video channels" in left column, 3rd row:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97December 8, 2020 12:39 PM

R92 you have not seen Jack lately. She is pure glamour next to him.

by Anonymousreply 98December 8, 2020 2:13 PM

Oh no, not hot-ass-in-the-shower Max!

by Anonymousreply 99December 8, 2020 2:23 PM

I'm confused why Cassie acted disgusted when someone thought that she and Max were dating. She only just met him a couple episodes earlier and he's hot.

by Anonymousreply 100December 8, 2020 2:31 PM

Well he is her best friend's boyfriend r100. That leads to thinking of someone as platonic and not a potential sexual partner, well if you are a good friend anyway lol.

by Anonymousreply 101December 8, 2020 2:38 PM

I would be thrilled if somebody thought a hot piece of ass like Max were my boyfriend.

"Yeah, I fuck him all the time. Jealous?"

by Anonymousreply 102December 8, 2020 4:42 PM

I don’t trust Buckley. I think he’s a spy.

by Anonymousreply 103December 8, 2020 4:45 PM

For sure r103. They are dropping hints that something is up there.

by Anonymousreply 104December 8, 2020 5:16 PM

Yup when Cassie ran into Buckley when he was running, the agent that was tailing her saw him and quickly turned the other way. Glaringly obvious there’s more to him than just the horny guy in a bar. His apartment was suspicious too.

by Anonymousreply 105December 8, 2020 5:33 PM

two new ones dropped.

by Anonymousreply 106December 10, 2020 6:39 PM

Jesus Christ that Mamet girl is a SHIT actress.

by Anonymousreply 107December 10, 2020 7:57 PM

it's the eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 108December 10, 2020 8:02 PM

6 was powerful!

by Anonymousreply 109December 10, 2020 8:03 PM

Isha is smoldering hot

by Anonymousreply 110December 10, 2020 9:01 PM

R107 you are right. She is the definition of nepotism. No reason for her to be cast in anything unless they are trying to curry favor with her Dad.

by Anonymousreply 111December 11, 2020 9:38 AM

Kaley Cuoco is really good in this, amiright? Episode 7 is the best yet - teaming her and Michelle Gomez together is hilarious! They somehow keep spinning the thrills and above all that, given how adept they both are with comedy, they raise the bar and get the laughs as well. It's brilliant! I wish they'd gotten those two characters together earlier instead of now with only one episode left. I re-watched the opening/pre-credit scene like 5 times it was so funny. They're really good together. The scene with Annie where she vets Miranda's suitability for immunity was hilarious. I love Michelle Gomez.

Is the Rosie Perez story line connected to the main plot or just running along side it? I can't tell. Wish I had Episode 8.

by Anonymousreply 112December 11, 2020 10:05 AM

Great show.

SPOILER

Of course, Buckley turns out to be a colleague of Miranda. Love that Gomez plays a semi good guy for once. As r112 I love the buddy dynamic of Cassie & Miranda. And as the poster I am confused about Rosie's story plot which does seem so disconnected. Or maybe Cassie & Miranda join her storyline in the next season?

by Anonymousreply 113December 11, 2020 6:49 PM

my partner's theory: kaley, miranda, and rosie collude to blame buckley for the hacking of rosie's husband computer. the koreans exact revenge for the news getting out, and kill buckley.

by Anonymousreply 114December 13, 2020 2:42 AM

Is this only one season?

by Anonymousreply 115December 13, 2020 2:48 AM

It's supposed to be just a mini-series

by Anonymousreply 116December 13, 2020 5:34 PM

It's labeled as a limited series, sure, but Kaley Cuoco has been openly campaigning for a season 2 the entire time. They are hoping HBO will want more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117December 13, 2020 5:39 PM

Cause she doesn't have enough money?

by Anonymousreply 118December 13, 2020 6:24 PM

TV critic Alan Sepinwall says the last episode has a satisfying ending (i.e. not a cliffhanger), but leaves the possibility open for more.

by Anonymousreply 119December 13, 2020 7:06 PM

I’d watch a season of Rosie playing spy.

by Anonymousreply 120December 13, 2020 7:12 PM

Ep 6 was terrible. We were laughing at some of the dialogue and the absurdity of numerous situations. Honestly, the script writer should never work again.

Zosia is horrendous. (Her boyfriend was near death and she seemed more pissed at Cassie than emotionally undone.) And don’t get me started on that scene in the hospital room (with the empty bed...where was her boyfriend, whom she now says will be ok?) where she admits to the secretary she barely that she had someone killed? Yeah, that’d happen!

The device of bringing the dead guy into it constantly has become incredibly annoying and overused. There’s nothing interesting about his presence.

And what about Rosie’s son miraculously finding the video of Cassie dancing in the bar so she could track her down? Just stupid.

Cassie and Buckley were drinking so much (during the day) that no way would they still be upright and not vomiting. Sorry.

Glad to hear 7 is better because we are only giving it one more episode to improve.

by Anonymousreply 121December 14, 2020 2:41 PM

Episode 7 is only better because it features more Michelle Gomez

by Anonymousreply 122December 14, 2020 2:49 PM

I need to catch up obviously. What's the backstory on her and her dad in the woods shooting rabbits? Did something happen that causes her excessive drinking? That's my question.

by Anonymousreply 123December 14, 2020 2:52 PM

I'm guessing she accidentally shoots her dad.

by Anonymousreply 124December 14, 2020 3:07 PM

It's just too long. This would've been a good 4 part series. The hi-jinks are getting tedious and beyond implausible. Zosia sucks the life out of every scene she touches.

by Anonymousreply 125December 14, 2020 3:22 PM

Is TR Knight supposed to be playing a character 10 years younger than he actually is?

by Anonymousreply 126December 14, 2020 3:28 PM

I felt that ep 6 was the weakest so far as well r121. Haven't watched 7 yet.

by Anonymousreply 127December 14, 2020 3:29 PM

I don't know how the main character can hold a job. She drinks enough for 10 men.

by Anonymousreply 128December 15, 2020 4:11 PM

I love it! It's silly and fun--not Shakespeare, but a nice way to spend an hour.

Will this become some sort of series. I can't imagine everything will be wrapped up with one more episode.

by Anonymousreply 129December 15, 2020 4:38 PM

Nice ending, a bit "Frau"-ish, but that was expected on some level.

Guy: Hey, you can't park here!

Michelle Gomez's Miranda: Fuck you!

by Anonymousreply 130December 17, 2020 10:59 AM

Cuoco on Coco from a few years back. Hilarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131December 17, 2020 11:07 AM

Not another someone wakes up with a dead body in the bed. Cmon yawn.

by Anonymousreply 132December 17, 2020 11:57 AM

I'm sure S2 would be even better. Cuoco said on WWHL the other day that they're awaiting word on a 2nd season order from Warners/HBO Max. It was a fun series, I like that her character is game for anything.

by Anonymousreply 133December 17, 2020 12:11 PM

It better be much better. Just watched episode 7 last evening and, while better than 6 (it would have to be), it was still slow and absurd. But Kaley is doing a great job.

The writers, not so much. If fact, not.

by Anonymousreply 134December 17, 2020 1:34 PM

[quote]I'm sure S2 would be even better.

So she wakes up with another dead guy?

by Anonymousreply 135December 17, 2020 5:21 PM

So her gay best friend was an undercover CIA agent the whole time?

by Anonymousreply 136December 17, 2020 7:02 PM

I'm just happy HBOmax is finally on Roku in time for for the finale.

by Anonymousreply 137December 17, 2020 7:06 PM

So does KC get a million an episode for this show too?

by Anonymousreply 138December 17, 2020 9:33 PM

Michelle Gomez is as ugly as sin.

by Anonymousreply 139December 18, 2020 4:12 AM

Well that was uncalled for R139

by Anonymousreply 140December 18, 2020 4:23 AM

^ Shut up Michelle

by Anonymousreply 141December 18, 2020 4:37 AM

R139 should try SpecSavers.

by Anonymousreply 142December 18, 2020 5:34 AM

Being funny on a 15 year old sitcom doesn't make that hawk-nosed geek easy on the eyes r142.

by Anonymousreply 143December 18, 2020 6:42 AM

SPOILER ALERT: STOP READING IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS!!!!!

that was a stupid ending. rosie perez's story never made sense, and she's basically a whole separate tv show that has nothing to do with kaley cuoco et al.? and they just send her off on a train to frautown? michelle gomez gets a heart of gold? buckley is the assassin who falls for kaley cuoco's character and still wants her? mamet is just boring when all is said and done?

great start. horrible end.

by Anonymousreply 144December 18, 2020 11:05 AM

SPOILER

r144

Rosie's plot was important to the main plot since the Gay BFF was around to spy on her and the FBI was able to contact him to save Cassie from Buckley. To me that was a neat twist.

Also Rosie had the great scene explaining to Cassie how she felt unnoticed even by everybody, including her own son. Some people, including adults, do desperate things to get noticed.

by Anonymousreply 145December 18, 2020 11:17 AM

The Rosie side story must be the main set up for season 2. She just suddenly disappeared. Sadly her story wasn't interesting enough for me to care

by Anonymousreply 146December 18, 2020 8:17 PM

Her son was hot! And hopefully not like 16.

by Anonymousreply 147December 18, 2020 8:21 PM

R147 He's 18

by Anonymousreply 148December 18, 2020 8:46 PM

Renewed for season 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149December 19, 2020 3:55 AM

We finished last night and agreed we are out for season 2 (unless they promise to kill Mamet’s character in the first episode and not bring her back for any drama sequences).

by Anonymousreply 150December 19, 2020 9:27 AM

I hope Cassie isn't as obnoxious next season.

by Anonymousreply 151December 19, 2020 11:48 AM

Everything was wrapped up in a pretty little bow by the end. It was ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 152December 19, 2020 12:00 PM

Hopefully next season will have experienced, adult writers

by Anonymousreply 153December 19, 2020 12:03 PM

I enjoyed the season, but I am reticent about a season 2.

The fun in this season was having this slutty, alcoholic flight attendant suddenly finding her life upturned. Having the character work with the CIA and solve further mysteries doesn't have the same appeal.

The real way to continue the show would be anthology style where you have a brand new flight attendant involved in a new mystery.

by Anonymousreply 154December 19, 2020 3:49 PM

I like that she fucked the guy who ultimately was murdered and THEN repeatedly fucked the guy that murdered him. What a hot mess.

by Anonymousreply 155December 20, 2020 8:23 AM

I’m glad this has been renewed but if this was the No. 1 show for HBO Max during the period that it aired, they really are in trouble.

Netflix = 200M subscribers Disney+ = 80 - 100M HBO Max = 8M

by Anonymousreply 156December 20, 2020 8:25 AM

R156 perhaps that will change when Wonder Woman 84 comes out.

by Anonymousreply 157December 20, 2020 8:47 AM

I think part of the problem R156 is that a lot of people who have HBO don't realize HBO Max is included. I had to explain to two different friends that they could watch Flight Attendant as HBO subscribers without paying extra.

HBO Max, the new premium streaming channel from AT&T’s Warner Media, said in its earnings report on Thursday that 8.6 million customers have activated their subscriptions to the service in the third quarter, bringing the total number of HBO and HBO Max subscribers in the US to 38 million — ahead of the company’s target of 37 million for the end of 2020 — and 57 million globally.

AT&T counts “activations” as well as subscribers, as many customers who already pay for HBO have access to HBO Max as part of their package, but haven’t yet activated that subscription and started watching. According to the earnings report, 28.7 million customers were eligible to get HBO Max at the end of the third quarter, but activations of HBO Max to date number 12.7 million, meaning about half of the existing HBO subscribers who could get HBO Max for free haven’t yet watched Max content (and may not be aware it’s available to them).

by Anonymousreply 158December 20, 2020 9:12 PM

The show was entertaining but the ending was disappointing. Too many things all wrapped up in a hurry.

by Anonymousreply 159December 21, 2020 1:24 AM

They had to wrap up as much as possible since they didn't know if there would be a season 2. At least there are still some loose ends R159

by Anonymousreply 160December 21, 2020 1:49 AM

Who has a glass shower in the middle of their apartment, so that it's the first thing people see when they walk in the door? Highly implausible! I hope somebody got fired for that.

by Anonymousreply 161December 21, 2020 1:50 PM

R161 that struck me too. You could see the whole "bathroom" except the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 162December 21, 2020 1:54 PM

That was fine with me because they had Michelle Gomez snark about how absurd that set up was r161.

You can get away with weird as long as as you acknowledge it.

I mean it was all done that way just to let Kaley stumble upon him naked, and I am pro what gives us more eye candy.

by Anonymousreply 163December 21, 2020 1:57 PM

R161, you’re stopping at the glass shower? The whole show was implausible. Annie the lawyer who dressed like she was heading for poolside at Soho House? Cassie dinking enough to take down five sailors but just silly and clumsy? Rosie Perez selling secrets to Koreans. The flaming flight attendant turning out to be CIA. I could spend a month cataloguing this.

by Anonymousreply 164December 21, 2020 11:30 PM

Yes the show was a mess..but it was a fun romp.

by Anonymousreply 165December 28, 2020 4:14 PM

I started out not liking the show, but stuck with it and glad I did. There were numerous implausible things, but it is a TV show, not real life. Drinking constantly, yet she didn't slur her words, was able to stay up late and no stumbling. Who the hell would drink that much knowing they are in trouble and have to prove their innocence.

by Anonymousreply 166December 28, 2020 5:08 PM

I loved it. Kaley and Zosia were terrific, and I loved Max and his beautiful butt.

by Anonymousreply 167December 28, 2020 5:15 PM

Zosia cannot act her way out of a paper bag.

by Anonymousreply 168December 28, 2020 5:20 PM

Zosia was terrific? At what? Did she help with the sets? Because her acting is painful

by Anonymousreply 169December 28, 2020 5:22 PM

R166 have you never known a functioning alcoholic?

by Anonymousreply 170December 28, 2020 5:38 PM

This is beyond a functioning alcoholic R170.

by Anonymousreply 171December 28, 2020 6:04 PM

Needs to be added to this list

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172December 28, 2020 6:27 PM

"I'll have what she's having..." grlppp...burp

by Anonymousreply 173December 28, 2020 8:10 PM

Well, it's kind of similar to all of the binge drinking and drug taking in The Queen's Gambit that was completely unrealistic.

by Anonymousreply 174January 10, 2021 12:22 PM

It’s fine, but it’s being severely overpraised.

by Anonymousreply 175January 10, 2021 1:36 PM

So weird to see Ann Magnuson as an old woman.

by Anonymousreply 176January 25, 2021 2:15 AM

Meh.

by Anonymousreply 177January 25, 2021 2:22 AM

I binged it. Thought it was great

by Anonymousreply 178January 25, 2021 2:27 AM

Will there be a second season? Because I want to see what happens with Vosie Pevez.

And I thought Zosia was better than I remember being in other things. She looks like Neandethal woman from the natural history museum, but I didn’t hate her in this.

by Anonymousreply 179January 25, 2021 2:50 AM

R179 Yes they already announced a second season. Mentioned at R149

by Anonymousreply 180January 25, 2021 3:10 AM

[quote]So weird to see Ann Magnuson as an old woman.

I couldn't believe it! She looked vaguely familiar but I couldn't place her so I looked up the credits on imdb and lo and behold it's Ann Magnuson. She looks SO old!

by Anonymousreply 181January 25, 2021 6:44 AM

I liked the show but not the ending. It was a little too twee for me.

by Anonymousreply 182January 25, 2021 8:00 AM

Who did Ann Magnuson play? The dead guy's mother? I think she was a late bloomer in the '80s, wasn't she?

by Anonymousreply 183January 27, 2021 10:00 AM

Ann Magnuson is 65, she looked much older in the series.

by Anonymousreply 184January 27, 2021 10:18 AM

[quote] It’s fine, but it’s being severely overpraised.

A merely “fine” lightweight comedy-thriller isn’t that easy to pull off, or fun to watch. The Flight Attendant managed to tick the boxes, which was something of a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 185January 27, 2021 12:43 PM

I just watched it.

I loved it! It redeemed HBO for me after the spectacular mistake of The Undoing.

I don't know why people hate Cuoco so much. I only know her from her sitcom, and I don't really care to know about her personal life. I thought she was very good in this. She's not the most gorgeous actor, but honestly, most of HBO's best shows have starred unusual looking people and I think it helps to humanize the characters.

I loved the Henry Mancini-type music and the opening animation and the slick, stylized editing with scenes sliding in and out.

I loved seeing TR Knight and Rosie Perez again, and I love Michelle Gomez even more with her real accent.

I would not have believed the flashbacks and the dead guy sequences would have worked from paper to screen, but they really did overall. Some of that got tedious as the season went on, but it also added a lot of suspense to me. At times I wondered if she was schizophrenic.

Her alcohol dependency was almost over the top, but it too was handled well overall. I love that she wasn't cured at the end but just beginning to get her shit together.

Lots of suspension of disbelief in her adventures, but the show just had so much momentum and (this probably reflects poorly on me but) I was cheering her on every time she broke the rules and confessed everything to the FBI over and over against everyone's advice. I kept questioning the logic and thought it was probably the smartest thing to do given all the incriminating information surrounding her.

Cassie is an objectively terrible person who uses everyone in her life and I didn't really like her or admire her in the end, and I think what impressed me most overall is that the tone was so perfectly pitched. It was suspenseful, there were mysteries, some of it was preposterous, the stakes were serious but the tone set through the music and editing were playful enough that it never felt dire or bleak or like I was supposed to really take it all that seriously. That kept me from hating Cassie and more just going along for the ride with her. I think it was perfect at eight episodes. I wouldn't have wanted 22--ack. But I want more TV like this.

by Anonymousreply 186January 30, 2021 8:50 AM

[Quote] I wouldn't have wanted 22--ack. But I want more TV like this.

Most shows don't need 22 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 187January 30, 2021 9:19 AM

I get that they expanded the age that flight attendants can be, but how would it be possible Rosie Perez could still work at her advanced age?

by Anonymousreply 188February 24, 2021 3:39 AM

^Enrique Mas

by Anonymousreply 189February 24, 2021 3:51 AM

R188 There's no max age to be a flight attendant

by Anonymousreply 190February 24, 2021 3:53 AM

I've seen much older flight attendants.

I haven't watched this but i wanted to weigh in on the functional alcoholics. they do exist, on a greater scale than most could imagine. however, i echo what a previous poster said that trying to be a flight attendant as a functioning alcoholic would be horrendous, not to mention so morally wrong and unsafe to many.

also, i would tend not to seek out this show because i'm not a fan at all of Kaley and her off-kilter smirk. however, with as many responses that have been given and how divisive it seems, it might be worth checking out.

by Anonymousreply 191February 24, 2021 4:13 AM

I’m really liking Gerald’s deeper voice, I wonder if it’s an acting choice or he’s settling into a more mature voice?

by Anonymousreply 192February 24, 2021 5:17 AM

Is she astral projecting to the past or a fourth dimension? Is this really a stealth SciFi show?

by Anonymousreply 193February 24, 2021 6:36 AM

There should be an age limit. When one flies American airlines on international flights, one gets these old, haggard, bitter flight attendants. When one flies on Asian airlines internationally, one gets these young, attractive, cheerful flight attendants.

by Anonymousreply 194February 24, 2021 7:05 AM

I wanted to give Zosia the benefit of doubt, but she is awful. Such a striking difference to Zoe Kazan and Rebecca Miller.

by Anonymousreply 195February 24, 2021 7:40 AM

Zosia Mamet better be thanking the Gods of Nepotism every day. That's the only reason why she has a career. She's butt ugly and can't act at all.

I remember the first time I ever saw her on Mad Men, years ago. My first thought was "this girl has to be related to someone in the Industry."

by Anonymousreply 196February 24, 2021 1:47 PM

She does something so many bad actresses do where they turn their heads, kind of like when a dog hears something, and then they scrunch up their faces as a reaction to many different things. It’s exhausting to watch this multiple times in a scene and then scene after scene.

by Anonymousreply 197February 24, 2021 1:56 PM

In the past we had big novels being condensed into movies because movies were more prestigious than TV ... now we have slight novels being stretched into TV shows because people will only watch movies about superheroes. This should have been a fast moving movie instead of being dragged out over eight episodes.

by Anonymousreply 198March 7, 2021 4:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!