Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How do guys get laid when 95%+ are bottoms?

I’m serious. Look at any city on Doublelist. 95% bottoms. How does anyone get laid? Tops don’t need to post, but there are simply not enough tops to satisfy the enormous proportion of bottoms and “no-recip” cocksuckers that post constantly.

by Anonymousreply 27October 21, 2020 10:30 PM

Stealth ad for Doublelist, btw.

by Anonymousreply 1October 20, 2020 4:25 PM

Hetero-oriented bisexual men who go slumming with the gays.

by Anonymousreply 2October 20, 2020 4:27 PM

The tops are very promiscuous, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 3October 20, 2020 4:33 PM

Many years ago when I was first coming out I had an older friend/mentor who told me that I was lucky because there are fewer tops and A LOT of bottoms. I thought he was crazy - that everybody likes to fuck.

Turns out he knew his facts.

by Anonymousreply 4October 20, 2020 4:47 PM

Does Doublelist still ban nudie pics? They started out professing they were going to be like Craigslist, with all kinds of ads and services. But it's nothing but a sex site. So they can stop pretending they are above upclose butthole shots.

by Anonymousreply 5October 20, 2020 4:56 PM

There are tops dime a dozen....you're just not attracting them.

by Anonymousreply 6October 20, 2020 5:21 PM

[quote]So they can stop pretending they are above upclose butthole shots.

I've always found it better to be below upclose butthole shots.

by Anonymousreply 7October 20, 2020 5:24 PM

Hets are bottoms too, R2.

Quite often a request for my top services is accompanied by an explanation "I haven't gotten fucked/sucked a dick in ___ months/years." I'm not sure if it's simply a statement of fact, or it's supposed to gain my sympathy. Such things don't factor into my consideration.

by Anonymousreply 8October 20, 2020 5:41 PM

There are generally more bottoms than tops but sites like Doublelist make it seem way more exaggerated than reality. On Doublelist and previously Craigslist a lot of the bottoms on there are compulsive sex addicts who post multiple times a day everyday.

by Anonymousreply 9October 20, 2020 5:42 PM

Bottoms are needy so they post nonstop on sites.

by Anonymousreply 10October 20, 2020 6:00 PM

[quote]I’m serious. Look at any city on Doublelist. 95% bottoms.

Tops don't need fucking "Doublelist" that's why.

by Anonymousreply 11October 20, 2020 6:16 PM

I'm 95% top and I've never had a problem getting laid but I don't quite get why there is this impression that there are way more bottoms than tops around. I think it's a myth invented by picky bottoms!

by Anonymousreply 12October 21, 2020 9:52 AM

R2 = ghost of Freddie Mercury

by Anonymousreply 13October 21, 2020 10:55 AM

As a top, I would agree that we are certainly more rare from a numbers perspective and therefore have the ability to be pickier when choosing sex partners. Still, there are plenty of specific interests out there that require specific pairings - no matter your position preference. Most bottoms want large dicks, but many can't perform very well with them once they hook one. Fantasy and reality are almost always very different things. I will say that the loss of CL was really bad for everyone - particularly if you are looking for closeted, married and/or men who are "straight" in their day-to-day lives. Some of my all-time favorite bottoms were DL married or "dating women" guys (at least according to their social media, etc.). My bottom friends also found tons of straight, cheating tops on CL. Posted ads received more replies and the posters were more prone to getting back if you replied to their ads. Doublelist just doesn't have the volume yet (no clue where those men went after the end of CL) and many DL guys are too cautious to download/use a gay app and get caught (it's far easier to open a secret free email account).

by Anonymousreply 14October 21, 2020 11:12 AM

Ass to ass.

by Anonymousreply 15October 21, 2020 11:51 AM

Yes r15 that’s why God invented doubled ended dildos.

by Anonymousreply 16October 21, 2020 1:04 PM

R14 is right. Nothing has replaced CL.

by Anonymousreply 17October 21, 2020 1:09 PM

I was definitely more of a bottom in my 20s, and in my 30s I became more of a top. I've always had a very active imagination around sex, and as I grew older, I rarely met a top who topped me the way I wanted him to. Then one day a lightbulb went off: all of those top-based fantasies that were swirling around in my head needed to be fulfilled by ME, not the other person. And that's how it started.

Little by little as time flew by I felt more and more comfortable as a top, to the point where I was fucking guys AS A TOP and really getting into it, not fucking guys while some bottom-based fantasy ran in my mind to get me off. And can someone tell me what the term 'non-verse top' means? Because if it means versatile, but won't do bottom related stuff and top stuff at the same time, that I can definitely relate to. I like the clear-cut distinction of one or the other.

won't be a top anfd a bottom at t

by Anonymousreply 18October 21, 2020 1:31 PM

I refuse to give Doublelist my phone # to sign up and they don’t accept my google voice #.

by Anonymousreply 19October 21, 2020 2:13 PM

Surely "non-verse top" means "exclusive top."

by Anonymousreply 20October 21, 2020 2:18 PM

[quote]And can someone tell me what the term 'non-verse top’ means

a top who refuses to rhyme, obviously

by Anonymousreply 21October 21, 2020 3:40 PM

There are so many of us, because it feels so damned good. I really don't understand topping. Bottoming is heaven.

by Anonymousreply 22October 21, 2020 3:46 PM

Please--the majority of gays are vers

by Anonymousreply 23October 21, 2020 4:06 PM

R23 lies!!!

by Anonymousreply 24October 21, 2020 5:20 PM

The poster who said that there are tops you just aren't attracting them is right. In my experience, most tops are into twinks.

Tops don't want to fuck guys who are stronger/bigger than they are.

Tops suck dick when you have a dick that someone would actually want to suck.

Bottoms who can't "take a large dick" don't know how to relax their muscles.

by Anonymousreply 25October 21, 2020 10:05 PM

[quote]Tops don't want to fuck guys who are stronger/bigger than they are.

You know nothing, John Snow.

by Anonymousreply 26October 21, 2020 10:14 PM

I’m a Top, and I can’t find fuckable bottoms lately. For Me, a bottom has to be in-shape and a hot piece.

Thankfully, I love good head, and cocksuckers are easy to find, and I’m not that particular about fucking face.

by Anonymousreply 27October 21, 2020 10:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!