Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Australian Actor Hugh Sheridan Comes Out, Says 'Labels Are For Clothes, Not People'

Australian actor Hugh Sheridan has been "overwhelmed" with support since opening up about his sexuality in an essay.

The Back to the Rafters star addressed the topic while writing for Stellar magazine over the weekend.

"I met a guy who I connected with emotionally, mentally and physically"

"In many ways, I wish I didn’t have to write this," the 35-year-old said (as per Out). "But I feel a responsibility to others who may come after me.

"By sharing my story now, and becoming more transparent, maybe I can help to give others who are private a break. We might live and let them live as they wish. I believe labels are for clothes, not for people."

The star added that during his college years he "met a guy who I connected with emotionally, mentally and physically" but was told "if I was anything but straight I’d never find work [and] that I needed to hide my newfound love."

The relationship eventually ended and Sheridan became involved with women, but was "too embarrassed" to talk about his experiences with men - until now.

Speaking about the reaction to his essay, Sheridan told The Daily Telegraph (as per The Sun Best): "I've honestly been completely overwhelmed with how many people really related to what I was saying, especially about taking your time and not having to pick a label straight away."

The star of Packed to the Rafters and Five Bedrooms continued: "I'm just surprised how many people are feeling the same and I'm glad they know they're not alone; in turn I know I'm not either."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5111/21/2020

never heard of him but he's super cute

by Anonymousreply 110/20/2020

He and Oliver Jackson-Cohen would make a hot couple.

by Anonymousreply 210/20/2020

Luke Evans is most-likely on his way to Australia

by Anonymousreply 310/20/2020

You're too old for this 'no labels' bullshit. Just admit that you're scared of what saying you're gay or bi will do to your career.

by Anonymousreply 410/20/2020

Why make an announcement at all? If labels don't matter then let the paps, if there are any, say what they want and keep it moving.

by Anonymousreply 510/20/2020

No, labels are for brave people not for the pussies who don't want to called gay hugh.

by Anonymousreply 610/20/2020

"I can't call myself bi because reasons"

by Anonymousreply 710/20/2020

Reply 6 Perfect. 👏🏼

by Anonymousreply 810/20/2020

This is so adorably cute, the idea that someone in a land far down under would be worth reading about.

by Anonymousreply 910/20/2020

A gay actor? Well I never in all my life!

by Anonymousreply 1010/20/2020

The only people who never have to label themselves (i.e. explain their sexuality) are straight people.

by Anonymousreply 1110/20/2020

Any pictures of the top?

by Anonymousreply 1210/20/2020

Well, R7 according to the typical DLer, bi men don't exist. So, there ya go!

by Anonymousreply 1310/20/2020

Sheridan is very very attractive. But, I can say with conviction and from experience- Australian men are the best. If you ever have a chance with one, take it.

One caveat, they often dress poorly. Luckily, my current boyfriend is usually not wearing things for that long.

by Anonymousreply 1410/20/2020

r14 we will need more examples. I know they have sexy uncut cocks (yum) and sometimes nice tans. What else are they providing?

by Anonymousreply 1510/20/2020

Shoo, harridan!

by Anonymousreply 1610/20/2020

R13, of course. I'm an old, fat whore of a poster, but I forget to block out the existence of bisexuality when I'm here.

by Anonymousreply 1710/20/2020

Bisexuals are trash, homophobic trash.

by Anonymousreply 1810/20/2020

So he doesn’t say he is gay?

by Anonymousreply 1910/20/2020

R19 he basically says he's still figuring it out.

by Anonymousreply 2010/20/2020

He's a coward.

by Anonymousreply 2110/20/2020

Sheridan might not like 'labels', but they tell our story to the world

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2210/24/2020

Most Australian men look closely related. There, I said it.

by Anonymousreply 2310/24/2020

Australian here. I'd like to recruit R14 as my wingman, haha.

by Anonymousreply 2410/24/2020

Labels are for clothes, but sexuality are for people, pussy. You are hetero, bi or homosexual, not that hard. Cute though.

by Anonymousreply 2510/24/2020

Marriage is between a man and a woman.

by Anonymousreply 2610/24/2020

How many fingers can he fit inside his anus?

by Anonymousreply 2710/24/2020

Hugh went to all this trauma and now he's been sacked

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2811/17/2020

I'm still disconnected, Hugh Sheridan. Let me know if things don't work out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2911/17/2020

This dude is so full of shit and the gossip columnist from the Sydney Morning Herald was far too kind to this still seemingly closeted d list aussie tv actor - I mean, the stakes aren't very high when you aren't a major star that has to carry movie or tv franchises. His family is apparently supportive and there doesn't appear to be religious conflict so no brownie points for copping to a brief same-sex affair from your youth, which seems to imply that you have only dated/fucked women since but again, the out gay man you apparently fled rooms to avoid wrote that it was well known you had been involved with men over the years (and he seemed to imply that the supposed girlfriends were a PR tactic). And is anyone buying the "they called me a faggot in high school but I was totally into pussy and NOT dick (if not then when? now? ever?) as if you still think that being gay IS bad or limiting or inferior to this higher state of "human" you seem so intent on claiming (as if any of this is original and hasn't been used to obfuscate one's sexuality before). We have enough issues as a community to deal with so save everyone some grief and just date women - that shouldn't be difficult since that is what you are basically affirming anyway.

by Anonymousreply 3011/17/2020

[quote] Bisexuals are trash…

I'm not keen on them either. I reckon that people will be so relaxed in 30 years time that they won't even need to hide under that label— or even use that label.

by Anonymousreply 3111/17/2020

His mother, Nicollette, must be proud.

by Anonymousreply 3211/17/2020

[uote] This dude is so full of shit

R30 Most of the people who buy tickets to see him are old ladies.

by Anonymousreply 3311/17/2020

"no labels" = it's shameful to be called gay

by Anonymousreply 3411/17/2020

R28 That has to be the stupidest fucking reason to cancel a play

by Anonymousreply 3511/17/2020

Why are old DL Gays so bitter about bi and mostly straight dudes? They have some type of vendetta against them.

by Anonymousreply 3611/17/2020

Isn’t it funny how everyone now comes out to be an inspiration for others, yet never acknowledges the people who came out before them?

They manage to centre the story around their selfless noble intentions just to prove they’re not like all those other nasty, selfish homos out there.

by Anonymousreply 3711/17/2020

R36 it's not just on DL. Apparently bi people don't exist. And if they do, they're the fucking worst.

by Anonymousreply 3811/17/2020

“Don’t label me!” said the dick-loving power bottom.

by Anonymousreply 3911/17/2020

R38, naw son

by Anonymousreply 4011/18/2020

Hugh is 100% gay, he doesn’t date women. I don’t know why he doesn’t come out for real. No one cares that a musical actor is gay ffs.

by Anonymousreply 4111/20/2020

He's gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 4211/20/2020

"Back to the Rafters"? WTF? Aussies are so silly.

by Anonymousreply 4311/20/2020

Why do people repeat these inane cliches? Labels are for clothes. Age is just a number. Race is a social construct.

by Anonymousreply 4411/20/2020

[quote] inane cliches

They're hard to avoid. He's like Tim Draxl in that he doesn't want alienate any of his fans— which includes old ladies.

by Anonymousreply 4511/20/2020

[quote] Luke Evans is most-likely on his way to Australia

R3 He's been here since July.

by Anonymousreply 4611/20/2020

What a hateful thread.

MORE!

by Anonymousreply 4711/20/2020

R46 I wonder if Luke met up with Zac?

by Anonymousreply 4811/21/2020

Tim Draxl? OMG, that guy is such a pest.

by Anonymousreply 4911/21/2020

[quote] Tim Draxl?

Tim and Hugh are very similar and chasing the same audience. I want to see them together getting it on

by Anonymousreply 5011/21/2020

Difference is that Tim isn't ashamed of being gay and doesn't hide it or fear labels

by Anonymousreply 5111/21/2020
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!