Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Annoying gay men

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62October 26, 2020 12:11 AM

I own this thread.

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2020 7:16 PM

Instagays

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2020 7:17 PM

at my gym there is a guy i think 49/50 who i overheard talking to one one of his woman friends, how he has to get some content for his website..

cut to a short time, later i see him in the locker room taking photos of himself with a stringy muscle tank top and then without....

he's in decent shape for his age, (a bit too many tattoos for my personal taste) but hardly one would think "worthy" of having a website dedicated to his body and have followers as well?... probably weighs at most 200 pounds tops....walks around non stop with the "weight belt" on even when he's NOT doing any heavy lifting of any exercise requiring assistance like a weight belt? ..just think it's kind of sad, but hey, whatever floats his boat,no harm no foul..

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2020 7:19 PM

R3 - I understand. I just cringe when I see guys like this that live in the gym (I’m there once a week as a diversion)

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2020 7:23 PM

Omg! There’s this guy on Instagram, Clapton Paterson. Waited till his kids were grown, then divorced his wife, retired from his corporate attorney job in NYC, packed on big muscles and now spends his life posting pictures of himself in his underwear etc. he’s well into his 60’s. He looks damn good but he is making a fool out of himself posting such pics. It’s ok I guess if you are 25, but once you hit 30 or so you just look a fool posing like this. And by the way, the years do show. The muscle doesn’t hide the weathered, slightly sagging skin or the couple of pounds on his gut that are never doing to go away.

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2020 7:24 PM

I don't mind any of those types. The only ones I dislike are the ones who flail around and bound into the room, always having to make an entrance, always desperate for attention.

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2020 7:25 PM

Clayton Paterson

by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2020 7:25 PM

Millennial gays and their shitty food pictures.

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2020 7:26 PM

Ugh, OP, you left out the under 30 gays shrieking their endless tranny complaint issues, and how all the "cis" men on Grinder are racist because...well, something, and that the body shaming has to end and that they're HIV advocates (mainly by having seroconverted by age twenty-six), and that U=U, and "quit SHAMING me by wearing a condom!!!

Yeah, those annoying gay men!

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2020 7:26 PM

I voted Political Gays.. But I wished I could have voted Vivian Vance.

by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2020 7:26 PM

R7 you are right. He's got a great body, but all those posts - how embarrassing to be so desperate for attention.

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2020 7:27 PM

Or the Closeted Gay....

Like David Muir.

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2020 7:28 PM

How do some of those muscle eldergays get such leathery skin? Too much sun?

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2020 7:29 PM

Pop diva gays rushing to be the first to post the latest single "drop" from TayTay or Dua Lipa.

by Anonymousreply 14October 18, 2020 7:31 PM

Anyone -- gay, straight, whatever -- who positions their life for social media pic posting. The constant thirst for affirmation from strangers points to core inner confidence issues.

by Anonymousreply 15October 18, 2020 7:33 PM

Republican gays.

by Anonymousreply 16October 18, 2020 7:33 PM

R13. Yes. Too much sun. Plus they reached an age where their skin loses some of its natural elasticity.

by Anonymousreply 17October 18, 2020 7:36 PM

Open-relationship gays who get all pissy when you won't fuck around with them because somehow that's passing judgment on their relationship

by Anonymousreply 18October 18, 2020 7:41 PM

Anyone who wears Andrew Christian underwear is a dumb bitch.

by Anonymousreply 19October 18, 2020 7:44 PM

"Aspirational" gays with lots of status symbols in their posts. They make sure every label on their body is either visible or is tagged. Will go to exclusive, pricey clubs & take selfies with the club's signage in the shot. They have to make sure you KNOW how much money all this costs.

by Anonymousreply 20October 18, 2020 7:48 PM

Totally agree with R18.

Don't use me (or others) because you have a boring sex life and are too gutless/spineless to do anything about it.

by Anonymousreply 21October 18, 2020 7:53 PM

Why isn’t there an option for the over 50 gays that still think making catty remarks to younger gays nonstop is funny and frequently reference the Golden Girls?

by Anonymousreply 22October 18, 2020 7:56 PM

OP is starting division threads.

by Anonymousreply 23October 18, 2020 7:57 PM

None of the above because, honestly, who gives a shit? If there's an individual you don't like, it's trivially easy to move on and ignore them, whether online or IRL. Life's too short to waste your time. And I say this as an undoubtedly quite annoying "political gay."

by Anonymousreply 24October 18, 2020 7:58 PM

Where's the option for Trump loving gays, like OP?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25October 18, 2020 8:03 PM

Based on this very narrow distillation of gay "types", I would have to vote for all 3 as "annoying gay men".

Thankfully, in real life we are far more diverse and vibrant than the 3 choices above.

by Anonymousreply 26October 18, 2020 8:17 PM

Is this the latest installment of DL fav Sad Old Gays?

by Anonymousreply 27October 18, 2020 8:59 PM

The Right Wing closeted muscle gays that have a Fans Only account or down low want you to buy their underwear.

by Anonymousreply 28October 18, 2020 10:16 PM

I don’t like the gay gym life. It’s unhealthy. We lose too many gay men to that shit.

by Anonymousreply 29October 18, 2020 10:22 PM

There is absolutely nothing wrong with going to the gym OR taking hundreds of shirtless selfies!

by Anonymousreply 30October 18, 2020 10:28 PM

Come on people now

Smile on your brother

Everybody get together

Try to love one another

Right now

by Anonymousreply 31October 18, 2020 10:43 PM

The Political Gay who constantly posts right-wing propaganda and denigrates liberals on Datalounge.

I thinks it can make a community like itself, but it's hated by everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 32October 18, 2020 11:26 PM

I was a proud 20-something bodybuilder and liked going shirtless and showing my body off. That was 40 years ago. When I see a built man who looks over 55 years old wearing a string tank which cannot cover his nipples, and his muscles are sliding down his body due to unavoidable age, I am repulsed.

You have to accept the inevitable.

by Anonymousreply 33October 19, 2020 1:04 AM

[quote]and his muscles are sliding down his body due to unavoidable age...

Ohmygawd. This. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 34October 19, 2020 1:08 AM

Data Lounge hates any of the following gays ---> successful, middle class income or above, good looking, in shape, made correct choices in life, has an Insta account, on Prep and having lots of fun sex, conservative voter, but mostly they hate themselves.

by Anonymousreply 35October 19, 2020 1:09 AM

DataLounge hates bores, r35.

You best be off!

by Anonymousreply 36October 19, 2020 1:43 AM

There is nothing grosser than seeing some older guy with a hot chest ,then when you rub or touch it you can feel the skin sliding all around like a deboned chicken !

by Anonymousreply 37October 19, 2020 2:02 AM

I don't "hate" other gay men of any pitiable type, unless the asshole OP is one, in which I detest his type.

And if the OP is a biological, rather than an ethical, cunt, I detest that type, too.

by Anonymousreply 38October 19, 2020 2:10 AM

Not long after Scruff started including links to people’s Instagram profiles I found myself chatting to this really attractive guy. Exactly my physical type and, from our back and forth messages, seemed my mental/emotional type too. Lived just nearby. I’d seen him swimming at my local pool. Hot.

Then I checked out his Instagram - I couldn’t begin to estimate the number of selfies. I scrolled through a whole lot of screens looking for a picture of something other than him, and there were NONE. I was hoping for another human being, maybe a nice sunset, a fucking kale salad - anything! But there was nothing. Twice or three times per day, over 2,000 posts.

Nothing more off-putting. He approached me in the real world not long after and if I hadn’t seen the full Instahorror I would have been right up to getting together in some form but I’d never seen that level of narcissism before. Major red light for me. I declined his overtures.

No loss for him, of course, I realise that, and he has more than 15k followers, which is the currency in a world like his. But a hot, apparently intelligent mid-forties man repeatedly thirstily pouting and smiling at his own fucking phone like a thirteen year old Anglican private schoolgirl? So ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 39October 19, 2020 2:31 AM

Who was the guy who had his birthday party in Venice or something with like 50 white guys and a tiered group pic?

That guy.

by Anonymousreply 40October 19, 2020 2:51 AM

I don't like the drag queens. Too much drama. Too shallow.

by Anonymousreply 41October 19, 2020 2:57 AM

R39 - and why are those 15K persons following him... ? Please some 20+ year old speak up and explain the raison d'être of this circle of narcissism between the person who posts those endless selfies - and those 15K followers...

by Anonymousreply 43October 19, 2020 5:08 AM

How about anybody with an Instagram… Gay or straight. Social media for that matter. How about working on yourself instead of constantly seeking approval from the outside world.

by Anonymousreply 44October 19, 2020 5:26 AM

Whatever type thinks they're gay because they're a stereotype versus a normal non-archetype who is a guy who just happens to like guys.

by Anonymousreply 45October 19, 2020 8:52 AM

That gay in that other thread who typed that he "look(s) down with pity" on his single friends because, well, they're single. He's my nominee for Most Annoying Gay Man.

by Anonymousreply 46October 19, 2020 8:56 AM

R39 very nicely written.

by Anonymousreply 47October 19, 2020 1:46 PM

I despise gay men pretending to be happy when they’re really just miserable, old bitter queens whose best years are behind them.

by Anonymousreply 48October 22, 2020 12:10 AM

David Muir.

Almost 50 and scared to admit he’s gay.

by Anonymousreply 49October 25, 2020 7:30 PM

Sadly, my most despised type of gay man is everywhere, including here, on Datalounge. This is the (usually eldergay) type who has felt marginalised all his life and feels the strong need to claw back some of the dignity, status and male privilege he feels is owed to him.

As a result, he does what every other marginalised person does - lashes out viciously at other marginalised groups. Transsexuals, women, people of different races, you name it. He is their lord and he despises them as vocally and toxicly as he can.

At the same time, he worships and grovels to any straight male, and the more homophobic, evil and abusive he is, the better. Gay basher? Hot! Inmate? Even better! Murderer of his wife and small children? Practically God.

This is the saddest type of gay and I see more of them every year. I don't know what this says about us.

by Anonymousreply 50October 25, 2020 7:51 PM

No, r1, *I* own this thread.

by Anonymousreply 51October 25, 2020 7:52 PM

Ugh, there's nothing worse than other bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 52October 25, 2020 7:55 PM

R50 - oh my god you just described me to a “t.” I truly never realized (or cared) why I am so viscous and stand in judgment of the “marginalized” groups you mention. Still, knowing all of this and being confronted with it, I fully intend to behave the exact same way I always have. It’s one of my few joys.

by Anonymousreply 53October 25, 2020 7:57 PM

[block]I am so viscous[/block]

Oh, dear!

(unless you really ARE made of cold molasses, in which case I retract my "Oh dear!".)

by Anonymousreply 54October 25, 2020 8:03 PM

... and there's NOTHING more annoying than an "Oh, dear!" queen who uses incorrect tags.

I hereby "Oh, dear!" myself.

by Anonymousreply 55October 25, 2020 8:05 PM

R55 - thank you for calling yourself out, before I could get to it. It is indeed rare for a DLer to admit fault. I may actually have been friends with you if this was real life.

by Anonymousreply 56October 25, 2020 8:07 PM

Calling itself out doesn't make a shit less shittier.

by Anonymousreply 57October 25, 2020 8:08 PM

[quote] The muscle doesn’t hide the weathered, slightly sagging skin or the couple of pounds on his gut that are never doing to go away.

Yeah, well I still pass for 40 when I'm wearing my burka and tinted ski mask.

by Anonymousreply 58October 25, 2020 8:36 PM

[quote]or the couple of pounds on his gut that are never doing to go away.

Oh, honey ---little Miss Perfect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 25, 2020 8:45 PM

But seriously though... Mrs Dan Savage epitomizes *all three* of those annoying traits.

by Anonymousreply 60October 26, 2020 12:02 AM

Kind of a toss-up, but if you put a gun to my head and said "you have to pick one" I'd go with the society ones because there's zero redeeming value.

At least the gym gays are staying healthy (though at what cost to their long-term health given the steroids) and the political ones are at least thinking, even if that thinking is in lockstep with what their friends are thinking...

by Anonymousreply 61October 26, 2020 12:05 AM

OP, a homopbobic queer-baiter, is what annoys me the most.

by Anonymousreply 62October 26, 2020 12:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!