Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Andy Warhol films

Are they worth checking out? Where can I view them?

by Anonymousreply 19October 24, 2020 4:18 AM

They are really boring. Don't bother.

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2020 7:05 AM

Just Flesh for Frankenstein and Blood for Dracula...but he only produced; Paul Morrissey directed both.

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2020 7:15 AM

Terrible films, eye abuse.

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2020 7:15 AM

Chelsie Girls

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2020 7:19 AM

I watched one of them. Joe D'Alessandro was beautiful but his acting was cringeworthy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2020 7:21 AM

I don’t understand the attraction to him. He seemed devoid of personality.

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2020 7:23 AM

I don’t understand the attraction to him. He seemed devoid of personality.

by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2020 7:23 AM

Go watch TRASH, BLUE MOVIE and LONESOME COWBOYS if you care for dongs only.

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2020 7:27 AM

Dull and stupid movies.

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2020 7:36 AM

R5

Honey ain't nobody hiring rough trade for his acting skills.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2020 7:56 AM

They are interesting enough in the context of the era in which they were made. But note I didn't say good or entertaining, just interesting. Hard to understand or appreciate now outside of their era, which is long gone.

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2020 8:38 AM

Do it to say you did.

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2020 8:48 AM

I second R2. Both campy yet entertaining films. Little Joe is about the ONLY reason to see any of the others (he appeared in quite a few listed above); he was stunning to look at (that face, that ass, etc.). Joe is so high at times, he can't talk, walk, stand or even keep his eyes open. I was fascinated as much by the video documentation of heroin usage as by his naked body. I'm quite familiar with coke and its effects - but this is very different. H is not a drug that I am familiar with at all in real life - and prefer to keep it that way.

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2020 9:02 AM

WE eldergays thought these 'Cinéma vérité' films were tremendously important (and sexy) then. The transvestite Holly Woodlawn seemed to be witty.

But all that and the John Waters stuff is now quite painful and tedious because any kid can do it now on their iPhone so it can be appreciated (and discarded) instantly.

by Anonymousreply 14October 18, 2020 9:07 AM

I loved Women in Revolt and Bad. Those movies were hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 15October 18, 2020 9:18 AM

Heat, Flesh for Frankenstein, Blood for Dracula & Trash are the ones to see. As somebody said above Paul Morrissey directed them. Flesh & Women in Revolt are worth a look too.

I doubt the stuff that Warhol directed which I liked years ago such as Lonesome Cowboys, Chelsea Girls, My Hustler, etc has aged well.

by Anonymousreply 16October 18, 2020 9:29 AM

Blow Job. Sleep. Try them!

by Anonymousreply 17October 18, 2020 12:07 PM

Are they available on streaming services?

by Anonymousreply 18October 23, 2020 11:23 PM

Andy's movies play non stop at the Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh.

by Anonymousreply 19October 24, 2020 4:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!