Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Catherine Middleton as Eliza Doolittle - 1993

I've never seen this before, but here's the video..."Wouldn't It be Loverly".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 19, 2020 7:46 PM

Pretty unremarkable

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2020 6:24 AM

That looks nothing like her.

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2020 7:09 AM

That little girl wasn't me.

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2020 7:16 AM

That’s not her.

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2020 9:02 AM

R1 She's unremarkable because Eliza Doolittle was an unremarkable 'squashed flower'.

But, in 30 years time she'll be looking like—

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2020 10:19 AM

Gosh, proof that she’s actually gotten off her anorexic arse to do something once in her lazy life.

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2020 10:24 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2020 2:17 PM

Here's another bit ... "The Rain in Spain".

She was 11 years old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2020 2:20 PM

This one lists the actor playing Freddie to Kate's Eliza in the clip is actor Andrew Alexander.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2020 2:27 PM

The story of Kate's Eliza was in People.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2020 2:30 PM

Yes dear William..Catherine aged 12

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2020 3:56 PM

How strange that this lady was in musical theater as a kid. She seems so blank and uninteresting now.

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2020 4:01 PM

yes, r12: people in musical theater are usually the most complex and interesting people in the universe!

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2020 4:09 PM

It's odd to me the boys playing Henry Higgins and Freddy Eynsford-Hill speak with provincial accents at r8.

My high school teacher said My Fair Lady should never be done except by professionals, and he was right.

by Anonymousreply 14October 18, 2020 4:15 PM

Not the most interesting and complex people in the universe R13, but they usually have some discernible personality, which the duchess does not.

by Anonymousreply 15October 18, 2020 4:31 PM

She’s about as exciting as leftover chips and egg.

by Anonymousreply 16October 18, 2020 4:34 PM

r8, thanks.

Well she is no Wendy Hiller but she still does the cockney accent better than Audrey,which doesn't take much.

by Anonymousreply 17October 18, 2020 6:26 PM

Constantly suppressing rage that you dedicated your entire life to chasing a man who cheats on you does tend to take it out of a person.

by Anonymousreply 18October 19, 2020 9:04 AM

^Spreading lies about strangers has the same effect.

by Anonymousreply 19October 19, 2020 9:13 AM

Higgins and Colonel Pickering must have been awfully good in that production. Never was an Eliza so definitively turned into a Duchess at an Embassy Ball!

by Anonymousreply 20October 19, 2020 9:39 AM

Useless as an actress in musical theater as well, I see.

I guess being a royal uterus has its perks.

Waity Katie INDEED.

by Anonymousreply 21October 19, 2020 6:46 PM

It’s interesting Wills and Harry both married ex-theater kids

by Anonymousreply 22October 19, 2020 6:59 PM

[quote] She’s about as exciting as leftover chips and egg.

She's not supposed to be exciting. That's the whole point of her.

Kate is dull and pretty and a good mother, and that's exactly what the BRF wants from a future queen. They don't want a soap opera--they had "exciting" with Diana (and now they have it again with Meghan), and it makes them miserable. William may have cheated on her (though I've yet to here much substantive or reliable said on that score), but he will stay with Kate regardless because she's exactly what he wants as a consort and as the mother to his children.

Harry wants "exciting" because he misses his mother so much, but it's extremely unlikely he'll stay with Meghan for the long run.

by Anonymousreply 23October 19, 2020 7:22 PM

Kate did a good job as Eliza. At age 11? Well done. And she's aware she's part of an ensemble and doesn't overdo it with a big "look at me" act.

I suspect the private Kate is different from the public Kate we see. She's always been athletic and you get glimpses of her athletic side in some of her appearances. She was shy, apparently, at the beginning, but her warmth comes through in all her appearances. And kids always sense this about her and kids have a great radar at picking up phonies.

by Anonymousreply 24October 19, 2020 7:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!