Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lorna Luft: I Was Molested

What is this joke all about? Did she actually claim that?

by Anonymousreply 41June 21, 2021 3:34 PM

I like blue.

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2020 2:50 AM

I like the shapes that aren't circles.

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2020 2:51 AM

Judy was one of the most talented singers ever. She also had a lot of pain and struggle throughout her life. Despite that, she had a good heart, which is hard to encounter in Hollywood. At a time when gay men were oppressed beyond belief, they identified with her struggles, and she theirs.

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2020 2:52 AM

Hi Georgia!

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2020 2:52 AM

Moleshted?!

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2020 2:52 AM

Yesh shhe did... wait no shhe didn't... am I loseshing my mind?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2020 2:53 AM

[quote] Judy was one of the most talented singers ever. She also had a lot of pain and struggle throughout her life. Despite that, she had a good heart, which is hard to encounter in Hollywood. At a time when gay men were oppressed beyond belief, they identified with her struggles, and she theirs.

Ha ha ha! I'll say.

by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2020 2:53 AM

I thought Judy Pills died in an alleyway!?

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2020 2:54 AM

No, on a toilet.

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2020 2:57 AM

[quote] I like blue.

[quote] I like the shapes that aren't circles.

Joey, get away from the computer or I'll bedazzle your ass!

by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2020 2:58 AM

Did anyone see a 20-year old Lorna Luft as the mystery guest on the new batch of BuzzR TV’s WMLs? Of course, no one guessed her identity. Right after seeing her from 1972, I watched The Fabulous Allan Carr documentary, where she’s featured prominently as a talking head.

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2020 2:59 AM

[quote] Did anyone see a 20-year old Lorna Luft as the mystery guest on the new batch of BuzzR TV’s WMLs?

I, myself, did not.

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2020 3:00 AM

Lorna has drug mouth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2020 3:03 AM

I have drug body!

by Anonymousreply 14October 18, 2020 3:09 AM

I liked her in Grease 2

by Anonymousreply 15October 18, 2020 3:10 AM

WHAT ABOUT MEEEEEEEEE?????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 18, 2020 3:14 AM

I don't get the Joey Luft jokes in every thread, is he supposed to be retarded?

Is the headline the whole story, in toto, as we say in Kansas?

by Anonymousreply 17October 18, 2020 3:14 AM

Greg to the rescue!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 18, 2020 3:29 AM

Joey has FAS.

by Anonymousreply 19October 18, 2020 3:29 AM

On WML, she mentioned she was going to appear on Ed Sullivan to receive her award as newcomer of the year.

by Anonymousreply 20October 18, 2020 3:44 AM

[quote]Joey has FAS.

How is he the only one...?

by Anonymousreply 21October 18, 2020 4:09 AM

Again, what’s the joke about her claiming yo be molested - something I can find no evidence of.

by Anonymousreply 22October 18, 2020 5:34 AM

I guess we'll never know, R22. I guess the joke is that there is none.

by Anonymousreply 23February 24, 2021 3:41 AM

Lorna makes up a lot of stuff. In her book she details a whole bunch of space to how she was promised the lead in Cats only to read in the papers that Betty Buckley had been cast.

She claims the producers had her working on Memory for months with experts they paid for only to somehow pass her by.

It doesn't jive with Buckley's story (backed by other cast members) of months of callbacks being declined and then contacted again and told she was back in the running with more callbacks and eventually being cast.

Broadway people say it is highly doubtful a show would pay to train a singer for a role for months and it is odd that if Luft was so close to getting the part that she didn't take over as a replacement or start one of the companies.

by Anonymousreply 24February 24, 2021 3:53 AM

r18 *cringe*

by Anonymousreply 25February 24, 2021 3:55 AM

Lorna Luft is the Lorna Luft of singers.

by Anonymousreply 26February 24, 2021 3:58 AM

I'll be MAY!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27February 24, 2021 4:05 AM

Lorna competing in the hot bod contest!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28February 24, 2021 4:22 AM

Ah yes the old "Lorna Luft: I was molested" thread and still no explanation for the title. Do you think OP died?

by Anonymousreply 29February 28, 2021 4:15 PM

Lorna Doones!

by Anonymousreply 30February 28, 2021 4:17 PM

About 15 years ago, Ms. Luft tried to generate interest in her professional work by gratuitously mentioning in press interviews that as a child she’d been a victim of sex abuse. Child molestation was a very hot topic at the time. For example, in 2005 Michael Jackson was put on trial and acquitted of sex abuse charges. Also, the sex abuse scandal within the Catholic Church was all over the news. Lorna appeared to be trying to garner some public sympathy by jumping on the “I was molested” bandwagon. What she said sounded neither credible nor convincing. Instead, it came off as a publicity stunt intended to revive a flagging career.

by Anonymousreply 31February 28, 2021 4:54 PM

^ Is there a particular interview or news article floating around? I've never seen it.

by Anonymousreply 32February 28, 2021 5:36 PM

The old DL legend is that she claimed she was molested in her autobiography but she didn't reveal who the molester was. I've never read the, or even know whether she has a, biography. So I don't know whether this is true.

by Anonymousreply 33February 28, 2021 5:38 PM

Don't think so, R32. I search for something every once in a while and can never come up with the source for it.

Sometimes I wonder if the person who started it got confused with Sid Luft's claim that Judy was molested by some actors playing Munchkins on the set of Oz. That was back in 2005 (Luft's book was published posthumously) and I remember Liza was reportedly really angry about it, saying that it wasn't true.

by Anonymousreply 34February 28, 2021 5:48 PM

Oh, R18, that was cruel of you to post. I cannot unsee this.

by Anonymousreply 35February 28, 2021 6:05 PM

She was molested by a boy dressed in blue.

by Anonymousreply 36February 28, 2021 6:55 PM

by Anonymousreply 37June 9, 2021 10:31 PM

Still molested.

by Anonymousreply 38June 10, 2021 12:45 AM

by Anonymousreply 39June 20, 2021 11:53 PM

OP, Your question

is Literal Violence

by Anonymousreply 40June 21, 2021 1:42 AM

[quote]About 15 years ago, Ms. Luft tried to generate interest in her professional work by gratuitously mentioning in press interviews that as a child she’d been a victim of sex abuse.

This never actually happened. Someone posted fake quotes from Me and My Shadows saying Lorna had falsely claimed to be molested. It caused a huge fight because people wanted to believe it was true even after being shown otherwise. This was about a decade ago. Over the years people have invented other stories about it, the most popular being that Lorna had falsely claimed she'd been molested, just to sell books. That's not true but some Dataloungers love their lies.

by Anonymousreply 41June 21, 2021 3:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!