Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dionne Warwick Reveals If She Believed in the Psychic Friends Network

According to The Guardian, Warwick started hosting infomercials for the network which developed into a day time talk show. She even temporarily added an “e” on the end of her surname in the early 1970s after her astrologer told her it would boost her success. Warwick says about the gig, “That’s exactly what it was. It was during a period of time when I was not recording. You know, it kept the lights on in my house and food on my table. It was an earning power. I earned money that I normally would have earned if I was on the road. It’s very simple.”

Did she actually believe in the Psychics? When asked this question, Warwick replied, “No more than anybody else is,” she says. “You ask anybody in the world: ‘What’s your sign?’ and they’ll say it.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 18, 2020 8:58 AM

I gotcha ya number, Hussy!

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2020 2:39 AM

I don't care - I always loved her songs, her voice and her personality. She's one of the greatest and has a distinct voice that anyone can recognize - which for me, defines a singing legend.

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2020 2:43 AM

What the hell happened to her money? She should've been quite well-off with all the record sales and concerts.

The Psychic Friends really damaged her reputation.

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2020 2:48 AM

Does D'Andre believe in paying her taxes? That's the question!

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2020 2:50 AM

She's lying. She was still recording at that time, and not on her own label. She was still on Arista records.

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2020 2:51 AM

[quote] She was still on Arista records.

She was still on weed and coke.

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2020 2:52 AM

Dionne has never been into the hard stuff.

by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2020 2:54 AM

Did she ever divine the way to San Jose?

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2020 3:14 AM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2020 3:21 AM

I got your (grave) number, hussy!

by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2020 3:23 AM

I don't think its a big deal now. At the time sure...but now its kinda normal. Celebs endorse everything

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2020 3:41 AM

There's still a stigma about infomercials. It's considered low-rent. It's not like doing a campaign for Revlon or Garnier.

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2020 3:46 AM

Dionne is the first one to admit that she's a spendthrift.

That's what happened to her money.

And why she's still touring at almost eighty, I assume.

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2020 8:55 AM

In Darlene Love's autobio, she talks about how Dionne lent her 30k to get herself settled when Darlene left her husband. Love also said Dionne would take her singers on shopping trips and pay for everything.

by Anonymousreply 14October 18, 2020 8:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!