Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Assume the US becomes a fascist state like Nazi Germany, what will this mean ?

Please do not argue it won't. There's another thread for that I posted but don't know how to link to. So just assume. And no, I'm not posting a poll though I know how.

1. We all can't leave the country.

2. Many of us are old and don't care. Climate change will take care of the rest.

3. Many of us are comfortable and will put up with it.

4. Some of us will fight but how? Who can come to our aid?

5. Four of the big five Security Council are already authoritarian or nearly so. Populous India is too.

6. With 1% holding most everything, democracy cannot and will not return.

7. Democracy was an aberrant blip in the history of human civilization.

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2020 10:19 AM

I don't know what you're talking about. In fact, I'm going to send you a gurl puhlease.

by Anonymousreply 1October 17, 2020 8:52 PM

A new revolution will brew up after a few centuries of abuse. Or corporations will eradicate life on earth. It's awful to be alive at the beginning of something incredibly horrible and dark, but here we all are (not just America.)

by Anonymousreply 2October 17, 2020 9:06 PM

[quote] 1. We all can't leave the country.

You can leave provided you hand all your assets to the county Nazi Party admin before you go. Then you have to find a place to take you as a poor asylum seeker.

by Anonymousreply 3October 17, 2020 9:10 PM

[quote] 1. We all can't leave the country.

I’ve always wondered ...

Most European countries have 90 day tourist visas. How are can it really be (in Europe) to leave the country every 90 days, for a day, and stay pretty much indefinitely?

I work from home and have given this too much thought.

by Anonymousreply 4October 17, 2020 9:21 PM

How HARD can it really be (in Europe) to leave the country every 90 days, for a day, and stay pretty much indefinitely?

Foiled by autocorrect again.

by Anonymousreply 5October 17, 2020 9:22 PM

R4 these days it is pretty much impossible because of biometric passports.

by Anonymousreply 6October 17, 2020 9:34 PM

[quote]I work from home and have given this too much thought.

WHY? What are you running from?

by Anonymousreply 7October 17, 2020 10:03 PM

What does that matter R6?

Serious question.

If you leave before your visa is up, and then come back on a new one, do they care? Or is because one is breaking the “spirit” of the law and they don’t like it?

by Anonymousreply 8October 17, 2020 10:25 PM

I think there's a limit of ?180 days per year you can reside in an EU country on a tourist visa.

by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2020 10:28 PM

AH. Thanks R9.

by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2020 10:29 PM

Yeah those pesky Europeans who we saved from the Nazis and whose reconstruction we financed don't want us there for more time than we spend here. 180 days is the limit, once, with one exit and one re-entry; you try that more than once then you are abusing the 90 day visa program and they will suspend the visa program in your case. Bye Felicia at R8: same goes for Canada, if you're thinking of trying it there. Also, we are not welcome in the pandemic as we are regarded as spreaders.

by Anonymousreply 11October 17, 2020 11:46 PM

R11, wow, some weird and butthurt arguments there, pal. You seem to be under the impression that you should be welcome anywhere, at any time, with the locals kissing your feet, perhaps? These rules are for everyone, so why should US citizens be exempt from them?

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2020 9:26 AM

They also apply to Europeans (and most other countries) in the US, r12. So yeah, hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2020 10:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!