Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

General Recipe Sharing and Discussion Thread

I know that a lot of my fellow Dataloungers are doing more cooking and baking these days, so let's share some of our successes and failures.

Some things I've made lately: Cook's Country's Slow Cooker Sausage Ragu (delicious and easy.)

Pioneer Woman's Brown Butter Crispies (OK, but kind of dry.)

Chocolate Malt Ice Cream with Malt Ball Crunch (VERY good.)

I'm making Emeril's Chicken Gumbo this weekend. I just finished the "Rich Chicken Broth"; will make the gumbo tomorrow.

Things I'm considering making in the future:

Lahm Bi Ajeen (from the current issue of Food Network magazine)

Swiss Steak

Alfajores (Argentine sandwich cookies)

Spaghetti w/Pancetta & Ricotta

Sourdough Bread

Challah

Deep-Fried Turkey

Please share your experiences!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9420 hours ago

Do we eat these German desserts while we discuss standing or sitting while peeing? Talk about shit on a shelf fixtures in the toilet bowl?

by Anonymousreply 110/17/2020

I'm contemplating making this Dutch Apple Pie. There is melted vanilla ice cream in the filling which has piqued my curiosity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210/17/2020

[quote]General Recipe Sharing and Discussion Thread

With or without his privates?

by Anonymousreply 310/17/2020

OP, How FAT are you?

by Anonymousreply 410/17/2020

I made a delicious date and walnut loaf off the King Arthur website a few days ago. This weekend I will attempt to make scones and lemon curd.

by Anonymousreply 510/17/2020

I’m making a big pot of beef vegetable-barley soup for lunches this week and cottage pie for dinner tonight.

by Anonymousreply 610/17/2020

As someone who grew up in the heart of PA Dutch country, we'd never put melted ice cream in pie filling. We'd TELL the tourists from NY or NJ that we did just to get them to buy the pie, all the while laughing behind their backs.

by Anonymousreply 710/17/2020

I made a cheesecake once that had melted strawberry ice cream as one of its ingredients.

by Anonymousreply 810/17/2020

r5 Is this the date-walnut bread recipe? It looks good. I'm gonna try it. Nothing better than a slice of date-nut bread with some cream cheese on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 910/17/2020

Can you share the recipes (or at least point us in the right direction for Googling)? Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 1010/17/2020

Yes, that's the one, R9. I added a bit of orange extract since I didn't have any liquor, and it was superb. You won't be disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 1110/17/2020

ALL Posters – How FAT are you???

by Anonymousreply 1210/17/2020

R5 (and others), I have made several of the recipes on the King Arthur Flour website and they have all been excellent. Likewise those found on the website for Odense almond paste. I wouldn't recommend corporate website recipes in general, but those two are quite good.

by Anonymousreply 1310/17/2020

R13, R5, OP, (and others), HOW. FAT. ARE. YOU?????

by Anonymousreply 1410/17/2020

Well, I thought this tread would get more action, but I guess there aren't that many cooks on here. Here's an update from me (OP). I made the King Arthur Flour Date-Nut Bread today (as mentioned in r5.) It came out pretty good. I think I underbaked it a bit, and I think the recipe has too many walnuts, but otherwise it's a nice loaf.

I made the Emeril Chicken Gumbo and while it was quite tasty, it's VERY oily. I guess if you use a full cup of oil to make the roux it's unavoidable.

It's finally gotten cooler here (SoCal) so I'm up for some more baking. Not sure what's next. I saw a good pecan pie recipe in this month's AllRecipes magazine--no corn syrup, just maple syrup. That issue also has a Colorado green chili recipe for the Instant Pot.

I might try a bread this weekend. And once the date-nut bread is done, I like the looks of Molly Yeh's pumpkin cranberry loaf.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1510/22/2020

Made a huge pot of this over the weekend. It’s a lot chopping but so so worth it. It was absolutely delicious, with lots of leftovers.

Going up to Provincetown next week and I’m making it again to take up with us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1610/22/2020

r16 Looks delicious. But it also looks like it's one of those recipes where it's hard to track down all of the ingredients. Did you use a lot of different kinds of mushrooms? Isn't it sometimes a challenge to find leeks? I hope you used frozen pearl onions ... I can't imagine peeling the fresh ones.

by Anonymousreply 1710/22/2020

I LOVE to cook and have been loving preparing new dishes lately.. The shallots with chicken from NYT cooking is one of the best things that I have made in my life. Their Korean fire chicken recipe is also delicious. I make the Baja fish tacos from epicurious once a week. I found the recipe for Nobu’s black cod with miso online, and have made it twice. I used the marinade on Japanese eggplant as well. Divine! As long as we are all getting fat and old anyway, Chrissy Teigan’s lemony arugula with spaghetti is to die for.

by Anonymousreply 1810/22/2020

For dessert, Ina’s applesauce cake with bourbon raisins.

by Anonymousreply 1910/22/2020

I just looked up that cake recipe, R19 and I'm definitely gonna try it. I love recipes where I already have almost all of the ingredients on hand. (I just need to buy applesauce.)

by Anonymousreply 2010/22/2020

OP, when you make the sourdough please share the recipe and how it turns out. Have you dona your starter yet? Will you bake any special way?

by Anonymousreply 2110/22/2020

Some of the best recipe discoveries of the past few years for me: (you gotta make the maple butter with this one, I also put more maple syrup in than is called for)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2210/22/2020

Mapo tofu. This recipe specifically. Get the specific ingredients it calls for (widely available at Asian markets or on Amazon). This dish blew my fucking mind, insanely delicious and so difficult to fuck up I literally never have despite having no familiarity with Chinese cuisine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2310/22/2020

This radicchio and blue cheese salad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2410/22/2020

This saltine-cracker-crust pie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2510/22/2020

I recently found this Italian lady's Youtube channel, the recipes are short and simple, mostly without music or voiceover. Don't be deceived by the perfectly awful fraufoto, you don't see her usually in the videos, just her hands and no voice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2610/22/2020

I'm thinking of trying this tray bake recipe for "Berbere-spiced Chicken, Carrots and Chickpeas" I saw a couple weeks ago in The Guardian. (It's the third one down, and not the one seen in the photo link.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2710/22/2020

OP, again, determined to keep this thread going!

I made Alton Brown's Swiss Steak recipe today, and also made my sourdough starter (never tried it before but always wanted to.) This week I'll probably try another bread (rye? challah?) since the starter won't be ready. And maybe spaghetti with pancetta and ricotta or beef stroganoff.

by Anonymousreply 28Last Sunday at 5:44 PM

As an experienced baker, I'm embarrassed to admit I still occasionally forget to convert temperatures between conventional to convection. You could spend 3-plus hours preparing a pie and *poof* gone because you forgot to convert.

by Anonymousreply 29Last Sunday at 5:51 PM

Instant Pot, OP. It's all about the IP.

by Anonymousreply 30Last Sunday at 5:52 PM

I find it fascinating that they use convection (or as they call it, "fan") on the BGGO all the time. I guess everyone has a convection oven there. I have one, but I don't think I've ever used that feature.

by Anonymousreply 31Last Sunday at 5:53 PM

I meant GBBO, not BGGO (no, I'm not dyslexic!)

by Anonymousreply 32Last Sunday at 5:54 PM

I began a sourdough starter about 12 days ago and finally tonight it passed the float test! I made the (no-knead) bread dough and it's sitting overnight now. I really hope it turns out tomorrow. I'm in Colorado so the altitude might have an effect.

I'm following this recipe:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33Last Tuesday at 1:48 AM

I’m making Julia Child’s tuna sandwich recipe tonight, served with a wedge salad and Sam Sifton’s apple pie. He uses honey crisp apples, and cooks them before adding to the crust. I have made the pie multiple times, and it is divine.

by Anonymousreply 34Last Tuesday at 7:35 AM

I made this soup last night. It's at my skill level and is really good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35Last Tuesday at 8:39 AM

r33 Thanks for sharing. I am on Day 3 of my starter -- after the first day it didn't seem to have changed very much, but today it's gotten HUGE, so I guess it's working. Can you let us know how you did your starter? I'm following a recipe from Food Network magazine, and now that I've seen some others, I wish I hadn't. The one I'm using requires you to remove all but 1/4 c. of the starter every time you feed it. It's kind of a hassle; the other recipes I've seen use weight rather than volume, which I think would be easier to deal with.

What have you been doing with the portion of the starter that you remove every day?

FYI, I started with 1/2 c. of whole wheat flour and 1/3 c. water, then the feeding is 1/2 c. unbleached AP flour and 1/4 c. of water.

by Anonymousreply 36Last Tuesday at 9:15 AM

OP do you ever make anything healthy, or are you just into fat and sugar-laden crap?

by Anonymousreply 37Last Tuesday at 9:26 AM

r37, are you ever [italic]not[/italic] a cunt? Share your experiences cooking, not vaginating.

by Anonymousreply 38Last Tuesday at 9:32 AM

Not really much of a recipe per se, but one of our local grocers had bone in skin on turkey breasts for super cheap, it was only about $5 for a 2 1/2 pound breast. I also picked up a packet of McCormick Bag 'n Season for chicken, but just for the oven bag - I don't like the seasoning blend. I know Reynolds sells oven bags, but they're usually too big and meant for full size turkey's.

Just simply seasoned it with sea salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder and parsley. It only took an hour and 15 min at 350 since it was already thawed. Super moist, and it got a little browning on top as well (as long as you follow the instructions to make a few slits in the bag).

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can get one of these fresh turkey breasts just before Thanksgiving. I really don't feel like buying a whole frozen turkey, thawing it out for several days, cleaning it, etc....

by Anonymousreply 39Last Tuesday at 9:40 AM

Don't be intimidated by Indian food.

I'll post this recipe but I never use a recipe anymore I just make it. If you wanted to try it for the first time, this is good but there are thousands of tikka masala recipes and they're all pretty good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40Last Tuesday at 10:10 AM

Matty matheson's butter chicken is THE SHIT, fwiw.

But I have never successfully made a biryani at home. It's my most-failed-at dish by far. Some of the failures have been quite something. Something awful, I mean.

by Anonymousreply 41Last Tuesday at 1:05 PM

I'm going to try this recipe for Greek Lemon Potatoes.

But since I don't like oregano, I'll be replacing that with some parsley and basil.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42Last Tuesday at 4:13 PM

I have 2 boxes of Perugina cocoa powder and one large bar of Perugina 50% cacao chocolate from a trip to Italy in the 'before times'. I need to make something from them before they get too old. Anyone have any ideas?

by Anonymousreply 43Last Tuesday at 5:36 PM

r42 Rosemary would be nice too.

by Anonymousreply 44Last Tuesday at 6:27 PM

R44 Oh that's a great idea.

by Anonymousreply 45Last Tuesday at 6:48 PM

Here is an incredibly rich cream of mushroom soup from Ruth Reichl. I've made it several times, and it's so easy I always ask myself why I don't make it more often. Stick to only eating one cup at a time, if you're faint of heart. A little sherry is a nice addition.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46Last Tuesday at 7:05 PM

R46, a good mushroom soup doesn’t need all of that flour and cream. Anthony Bourdain’s recipe is simple and tastes rich without half and half. I usually try to add a few more ‘funky’ mushrooms, or truffle salt...whatever I have on hand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47Last Tuesday at 7:45 PM

Also, I really miss Bourdain. He was truly one of a kind.

by Anonymousreply 48Last Tuesday at 7:54 PM

To all contributors on this thread, thank you. A kitchen full of gays, what could be better.

by Anonymousreply 49Last Tuesday at 8:14 PM

Love you R49! The world is so dark right now. lt is nice to find something to enjoy, and share (even virtually).

by Anonymousreply 50Last Tuesday at 8:27 PM

R50 Thanks, I agree. Any frustration arising in this thread will not be election related but rather because of an ill-tempered sour dough starter!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51Last Tuesday at 9:08 PM

I like the King Arthur whole wheat flour. My husband and I make our own tortillas with it, and butter, salt, baking powder and water. I roll them out and he cooks them.

Tonight we had shrimp with orange-ginger sauce.

by Anonymousreply 52Last Tuesday at 9:21 PM

A grumble: I made the Marcella Hazan bolognese sauce I read about here at DL and followed it EXACTLY. To the letter, didn’t alter it one bit. Bought a fresh new jar of whole nutmeg for it. It was a huge disappointment. It was edible but completely joyless. Some priss is going to scold me and say I didn’t let it cook down long enough or I did something wrong, but no. I’ve rarely followed a recipe as faithfully as I did this one.

It was a real kick in the nads.

by Anonymousreply 53Last Tuesday at 9:51 PM

I make little silver-dollar pancakes with this: 1/2 c rolled oats (not quick; old-fashioned), 1/2 c cottage cheese, 1 egg, 1 Tbsp sugar, glug of vanilla extract or some lemon zest (or maybe both). I blend with an immersion blender and drop on a hot buttered frying pan. Lots of butter.

It’s a delicious little hot breakfast. Good way to stay full with protein.

by Anonymousreply 54Last Tuesday at 10:02 PM

R33 here. My sourdough bread came out perfectly! I was so thrilled, because I wasn't sure I was doing it right each step of the way. But it was great: very crusty, tangy, chewy; perfect.

R36, I used the Feasting at Home starter recipe (using whole wheat flour to start, then switching to all purpose unbleached flour the next few days, then switching to unbleached bread flour the last few days). I discarded half the starter before feeding each day, saving a few batches in the fridge to make sourdough pancakes, waffles, and pizza dough in the near future. You'll get to the point where you just throw out the discard because you'll have at least 7 days worth. You can also give it away to friends who want to make their own starter (feeding the discard batch first before giving it away).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55Last Tuesday at 11:06 PM

[quote] A grumble: I made the Marcella Hazan bolognese sauce I read about here at DL and followed it EXACTLY.... It was a huge disappointment.

I've also heard about people disappointed in her tomato sauce with butter. Some people rave about it, but other people just don't like it. I hate it when things get so hyped up for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 56Last Tuesday at 11:48 PM

Try Bianco tomatoes, guys. Best canned tomatoes I've tried so far. Yes, I've tried canned San Marzanos, forgot which brands. IMO, Bianco is the best. Price is similar to Muir Glen brand.

As some of us move into winter, we can still make tomato dishes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57Last Tuesday at 11:52 PM

The people who aren't liking Marcella's sauces, what kind of pasta are you eating each one with? Are you cooking the pasta long enough? There is a difference between al dente and undercooked. Are you salting the water enough? Are you putting salt in your sauce? Are you serving with freshly-grated Parmigiano-Reggiano?

by Anonymousreply 58Last Wednesday at 2:15 AM

For R43, I make these brownies often. They’re rich and fudgy, I almost always have the ingredients, and only one bowl.

Thanks for this thread, OP!

by Anonymousreply 59Last Wednesday at 3:25 AM

Whoops!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60Last Wednesday at 3:26 AM

R53 - had the same experience. Didn't hate it by any means but was decidedly underwhelmed that THIS was the sauce everyone has been going on about. (and yes to the other poster I know how to prepare pasta - I followed the sauce recipe but only once so I dunno, should I try again? is it something that grows on you?)

R57 - Bianco canned tomatoes are the best tasting I've ever had (canned).

by Anonymousreply 61Last Wednesday at 9:28 AM

I know Rao's sauce gets a lot of love. It was recently ranked as the top jarred sauce on America's Test Kitchen, with Victoria in 2nd place. I've since tried both, and honestly I think I prefer Victoria between the two. It's a really good base tomato sauce when you don't have all the fresh ingredients on hand to make a marinara from scratch (fresh onions, fresh garlic, fresh herbs, etc...).

It sells for about $6.99 per jar where I live. But with all costs considered vs. buying San Marzano tomatoes and all the other additional ingredients to make a sauce from scratch, it's not a bad deal at all imo. Especially if you're trying to avoid venturing out of the house right now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62Last Wednesday at 10:48 AM

This is the best cobbler I've ever had! Even though peach season has passed, I'd keep this one in my back pocket.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63Last Wednesday at 10:54 AM

I made beef stroganoff tonight. I cheated by using a jar of stroganoff starter (basically a simmer sauce.) The recipe on the jar said to use ground beef, but I used the more traditional steak (I used eye of round.) I floured and browned the beef first, then sautéed some onions and mushrooms. There didn't seem to be enough sauce in the jar for all the meat and vegetables, so I added about a cup of water then let in simmer for about half an hour to reduce down a little and tenderize the beef. Added sour cream at the end. It was actually decent, surprisingly.

by Anonymousreply 64Last Wednesday at 5:46 PM

R64, your Beef Stroganoff was improved, I'm sure, by using strips of beef instead of hamburger. Hamburger just sounds wrong, although it's probably tasty.

by Anonymousreply 65Last Wednesday at 8:27 PM

My go to order at Chipotle is their burrito bowl with cilantro lime white rice, chicken, corn salsa, and shredded Monterey jack cheese. But it's also relatively easy to make at home too.

Chicken - just boneless skinless chicken thighs marinated in a can of Chipotle in Adobo sauce for about an hour or so. Then I grill it and dice it up.

Cliantro Lime Rice - self explanatory. Just rice with fresh cilantro, lime juice, sea salt.

Corn salsa - Fresh corn, diced poblano peppers, diced red onion, fresh cilantro, lime juice, and sea salt.

by Anonymousreply 66Last Thursday at 1:05 AM

I’m making Ina Farten’s NO FART chili. Guaranteed.

by Anonymousreply 67Last Thursday at 3:25 AM

I stopped baking in August. Gave up potatoes and bread and I’ve lost 15 pounds. I’m giving this thread a pass.

by Anonymousreply 68Last Thursday at 3:34 AM

I've made a couple of Pioneer Woman recipes and they never turned out. I find that the recipes on The Spruce (which used to be about dot com) by Diana Rattray are far better, they're more traditional home cooking kinds of fare that taste better.

by Anonymousreply 69Last Thursday at 3:41 AM

Made a couple of cookie recipes lately, which I never do, and both came out too cakey. I think the flour is the culprit, I just bought some Gold Medal brand when I usually get store brand. I'll experiment with less flour next time.

Also made cupcakes from scratch for the first time and they were amazing. I'm not a great baker but this recipe is the best:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70Last Thursday at 3:46 AM

Try King Arthur All-Purpose Flour, r70, for general baking. I can't say what might have made your cookies "cakey" without looking at the recipe(s), but it's the best generally available flour.

by Anonymousreply 71Last Thursday at 4:00 AM

r71 I'm a King Arthur flour user and agree it's the best.

r70 Cakey? Overbaking, not enough fat and/or liquids or too much flour. If you're not weighing the flour, please do so. Makes measuring accurate and quicker. Invest in a digital scale, you can get one for around 20 bucks.

by Anonymousreply 72Last Thursday at 4:31 AM

That's a good tip BAG, thanks -- I've been measuring and have never weighed flour, it didn't even occur to me that I should be.

by Anonymousreply 73Last Thursday at 4:38 AM

I've also heard that the King Arthur recipes are good, in particular this no-knead harvest bread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74Last Thursday at 9:39 AM

I like weird, fun, off-beat recipes using unusual ingredients. I'm going to try to make these faux Butterfingers using melted candy corn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75Last Thursday at 9:47 AM

King Arthur flour gives me the shits.

by Anonymousreply 76Last Thursday at 10:01 AM

r76 Is KA the only flour that does that? Are you gluten intolerant?

by Anonymousreply 77Last Thursday at 10:14 AM

Does anyone else love BronzeAgeGay? I love BronzeAgeGay and want to be his friend.

I also have a question regarding KA flour. In short: WHY is it better? I am not disputing that it's better as I have never actually used it (I live in the KA flour-free hellscape that is Canada) but the sentiment is so unanimous I'm genuinely curious. Do they simply use superior wheat? And if so, in what way is that wheat superior? To me flour is flour, ground up wheat. How doe some flour get to be better than the other if confounding variables like freshness are left out? Or is it a confounding variable that explains KA's superiority?

Anyone? Help I'm confused and yes it happens a lot and yes I'm fat.

by Anonymousreply 78Yesterday at 10:13 AM

From America’s Test Kitchen, r78;

“This flour is milled to a specific protein percentage of 11.7 percent, which was among the highest protein levels of the brands we tried and close to the bottom of the range usually found in bread flours. As a result, the bread we made with this flour rose tall and had an “airy,” “chewy” crumb and “crispy” crust. The biscuits were also tall, albeit a bit “bready.” Tasters noticed a “nice wheat flavor” in both the bread and the biscuits. However, texture and flavor differences were less discernible in the cake; while its texture was “a tad stiffer” than those of the cakes we made with other brands, it was still “pleasantly moist” and “plenty tender.” While we recommend this flour for bread baking, it’s also a good option for multipurpose baking.”

They recommend Gold Medal or Pillsbury for non-bread use.

by Anonymousreply 79Yesterday at 10:25 AM

[quote]Does anyone else love BronzeAgeGay? I love BronzeAgeGay and want to be his friend.

I adore him. I would teach him to post pics if he would let me.

by Anonymousreply 80Yesterday at 10:30 AM

r78 You made me blush. All over.

The King Arthur Flour Co. has been in business over 225 years, so they must be doing something right. I like their flour because it unbleached, and not having to deal with chemical "whiteners"( some of which are potential carcinogens) is a good deal. KA ages their flour which naturally lightens the color, but it takes time, that's one of the reasons it's more expensive than the standard supermarket flours.

r80 I appreciate the gesture, and the compliment, but as I am the least savvy computer user, it would end in tears

by Anonymousreply 81Yesterday at 10:43 AM

Well, Bronzie, I'll settle for leaving you WWs.

R80

by Anonymousreply 82Yesterday at 10:48 AM

r80/r82 Many thanks, I can use all the Well Wishes I can get.😉

by Anonymousreply 83Yesterday at 10:52 AM

Thank you R79! And you, Bronzie. You're my fave because you manage that thing of being decent AND interesting. This website needs more like you.

by Anonymousreply 84Yesterday at 11:03 AM

Best potato salad I’ve ever made or tried. She can be annoying, but it’s worth watching the video. It’s so much better than the typical deli potato salad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85Yesterday at 11:11 AM

Hard boiled eggs in potato salad, r85? Why not dog vomit? Or how about a month's worth of smegma from two dozen Eurodongs?

by Anonymousreply 86Yesterday at 11:14 AM

Hard-boiled eggs are a normal ingredient in a potato salad.

by Anonymousreply 87Yesterday at 1:13 PM

Not in one I'm going to eat, r87.

by Anonymousreply 88Yesterday at 1:14 PM

I do a compromise on the hard boiled egg "controversy". .. I'm not a fan of the white part of the egg in potato salad. But I like the flavor that the hard boiled yolk has and chop it up so fine that it becomes like a dried mustard powder and "dust" the potatoes with some of that like it's another spice.

by Anonymousreply 89Yesterday at 4:28 PM

Most of the recipes from America’s Test Kitchen have turned out great.

by Anonymousreply 90Yesterday at 5:32 PM

I just did an inventory of my freezer because I was tired of buying replacement stuff for things I had buried in there. So now I am going to be trying to find recipes to use up all of the stuff I discovered. (My goal is to empty it out completely and buy a new fridge.) I was amazed at how much was in there: shrimp, scallops, brisket, pork chops, lamb, chicken, sausage, ground beef, ribeye steaks, lots of vegetables, fruits, things I'd made in the past but didn't label so now I have no idea what they are, bread, nuts, filled pastas, butter, cookie doughs that I'd made, pie crust, puff pastry, etc. So I'm not going to be buying much food (except for fresh fruits and vegetables) for the next few months!

by Anonymousreply 91Yesterday at 6:54 PM

Sally's baking addiction is GREAT R70

by Anonymousreply 92Yesterday at 8:29 PM

R91, I did a "shop your pantry" project this summer as well. Except I didn't get a new fridge at the end of it.

by Anonymousreply 93a day ago

I wish we had gotten an upright freezer instead of a chest freezer. I hate it. So hard to find anything.

by Anonymousreply 9420 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!