Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Storing fresh pasta

Bought some fresh linguine from our local pasta shop this morning to have some friends over for dinner tonight. As always I bought enough for 4, day of.

But they’re not going to be able to make it so it’s just my partner and myself who will be eating it - two servings left over. The next time we’re home for dinner will be Tuesday. My partner makes a mean bolognese sauce and we have some in the freezer.

So how do I store fresh pasta for three days, if at all, and what should I put it in to store it? Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 13October 17, 2020 10:32 PM

[quote] it’s just my partner and myself

Oh, dear

by Anonymousreply 1October 17, 2020 6:35 PM

Be sure to drain it first.

by Anonymousreply 2October 17, 2020 6:36 PM

Freeze it.

by Anonymousreply 3October 17, 2020 6:39 PM

OP - cook your pasta and mix with sauce and enjoy! if there are 1 or 2 servings "LEFTOVER", put the "leftovers" in a "covered container" in the fridge and eat them within a few days.

I suppose this procedure is TERRIBLY complicated and new to you, and laden with anxiety producing choices, but it's really the best method.

You dumb twat.

by Anonymousreply 4October 17, 2020 6:45 PM

Miss OP probably forgot to mention that the iceman didn't deliver a giant block of ice for her icebox this week, so she can't just pop the pasta in there to keep it fresh.

by Anonymousreply 5October 17, 2020 6:51 PM

Many of us here on DL don't understand this odd concept of "leftover pasta."

by Anonymousreply 6October 17, 2020 6:54 PM

People are having dinner parties?

Cool.

by Anonymousreply 7October 17, 2020 6:56 PM

[quote] Many of us here on DL don't understand this odd concept of "leftover pasta."

Bradley Cooper, the 100th person and only person who believed in me, understands the concept.

by Anonymousreply 8October 17, 2020 6:57 PM

Not a shock, eight replies, no answer! The DL we’ve all come to know and loathe.

by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2020 7:54 PM

Eat it or put it in the fridge or throw it out. Any more urgent questions OP?

by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2020 8:20 PM

This is why I'm fat. It would never occur to me to not eat it all.

Follow the advice at R4.

by Anonymousreply 11October 17, 2020 8:36 PM

Lay it out on a tray and separate the strands completely. Let it dry. You can leave it out until Tuesday, but not any longer. I use a half-sheet pan and parchment paper.

by Anonymousreply 12October 17, 2020 8:56 PM

R4 must be a troll because it is blocked.

Thanks r12.

by Anonymousreply 13October 17, 2020 10:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!