Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Have you watched the new Netflix Dolly Parton documentary?

The husband and I smoked weed and watched this last night. I have to mention a bit of gratitude here to the DL ladies (the lesbians, not the interloping straights) because thanks to you we could watch knowing Miss Dolly is gay and deeply closeted It made watching far more interesting

We agreed that Dolly Parton is one of the great entertainment success stories, a performer who had an intuitive sense from the start for creating a mythical character that appeals to all.

Her schtick is I'm just a simple a country girl and people like my honesty Nothing could be father from the truth.

Good documentary and yes, we still adore Dolly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 17, 2020 6:29 PM

She is a genius. She learned how to manipulate the conversation before the republicans. Sexless sex symbol, simple (secretly complex) country girl. The only authentic thing about her is that she doesn’t lie about her inauthentic personae. And yes, I like her.

by Anonymousreply 1October 17, 2020 5:45 PM

It was telling when guys in her band, music producers she's worked with for decades, and other long term associates said they've never met her husband.

by Anonymousreply 2October 17, 2020 6:04 PM

I love Dolly's persona! When I was little, she felt like this angel to me when she would appear in something. Sweet, funny, kind, soothing. I don't know if this is truly her or if she is a master at never letting the image crack. TBH, I've never really heard anything bad about Dolly, but she's not someone who I actively follow. I hope she is as lovely as she projects.

by Anonymousreply 3October 17, 2020 6:12 PM

Wait there's a new Dolly Parton doc out? Well there's my Saturday night sorted, thanks OP.

by Anonymousreply 4October 17, 2020 6:15 PM

They don't call her the Iron Butterfly for nothing. Dolly is a tough bitch. She shit-canned her longtime manager in 2003. I saw her in concert and she told this story about how her drummer got on her nerves so she fired him and replaced him with a drum machine. She's sweetness and light, for sure, but don't fuck with her.

by Anonymousreply 5October 17, 2020 6:23 PM

She’s the reason we don’t have another album with Linda Ronstadt and Emmylou Harris.

by Anonymousreply 6October 17, 2020 6:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!