Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A cat risks its life to save a toddler from a dog attack

Enough said ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 19, 2020 2:21 AM

Stupid kid's fault.

by Anonymousreply 1October 17, 2020 2:34 PM

More like stupid parent's fault for leaving a toddler unattended.

by Anonymousreply 2October 17, 2020 2:37 PM

Did the cat die? I don't want to watch that.

by Anonymousreply 3October 17, 2020 2:38 PM

Curses, foiled again!

by Anonymousreply 4October 17, 2020 2:38 PM

Doesn't look like the dog was 'attacking' the kid. He knocked him down but was wagging his tail the entire time...

by Anonymousreply 5October 17, 2020 2:40 PM

[quite]Did the cat die? I don't want to watch that.

No. Escaped unharmed.

by Anonymousreply 6October 17, 2020 2:45 PM

No R3... the cat engages with the dog long enough to distract him from the child, runs away, and the dog decides to look elsewhere for entertainment and/or food.

by Anonymousreply 7October 17, 2020 2:45 PM

Arabic country, wild street dog, right?

by Anonymousreply 8October 17, 2020 2:47 PM

[quote] Arabic country, wild street dog, right?

I knew a turd would land in the punch bowl. R8 didn't disappoint and starts his usual inflammatory stereotyping. I'm surprised he waited seven responses.

by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2020 2:57 PM

Thank you, R6 & R7.

by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2020 2:59 PM

The kid threw a rock at the dog.

by Anonymousreply 11October 17, 2020 3:03 PM

I was always fond of dogs, never cats.

by Anonymousreply 12October 17, 2020 3:05 PM

Since this is a cat-related thread, I saw this because "democats" is trending and thought it was cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 17, 2020 3:11 PM

Whats stereotyping about placing the event? I said nothing about arabs and their countries. I know from living in Cairo there are street dogs - LOTS of them - and they rarely attack. Live Leak is notorious for posting things with NO DATES NO INFORMATION NO LOCATION. I don't live in Cairo because I am filled with stereotypes. FUCK OFF you brain dead troll.

by Anonymousreply 14October 17, 2020 3:15 PM

what a trashy neighborhood!

by Anonymousreply 15October 17, 2020 3:23 PM

That same scenario happened here in the US a while back. And this attack was much more fierce. But kitty was up for the job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 17, 2020 3:28 PM

No, the cat didnโ€™t intentionally risk its life because animals donโ€™t grasp the concept of life & death.

by Anonymousreply 17October 17, 2020 3:29 PM

After my cat had her litter of 4 kittens, when they were big enough, I would let them explore the front porch, under my supervision.

I had a neighbor who was a small young lady with a huge Rottweiler.

While my mama cat and the kittens and I were on the porch, this neighbor walked by with her Rottweiler, and my mama cat literally flung herself like one of those flying squirrels at the poor dog's head.

The dog was a sweet, gentle giant, and he wasn't doing anything wrong, but my mama cat sensed a threat and went into action. It was kind of amazing to watch. Outwardly, I was all "bad kitty! bad kitty!", but inside I was bursting with pride and admiration at her bad-ass-ness.

by Anonymousreply 18October 17, 2020 3:36 PM

[quote]I knew a turd would land in the punch bowl. [R8] didn't disappoint and starts his usual inflammatory stereotyping. I'm surprised he waited seven responses.

Just be glad it wasn't in China

by Anonymousreply 19October 17, 2020 3:39 PM

Cats are fierce.

by Anonymousreply 20October 17, 2020 3:42 PM

The dog attacked the cat which trieD to run away and hide under a car. The dog turned around and started attacking the toddler. The cat from under the car risked its life ran outside biting and clawing the dog to protect the baby

by Anonymousreply 21October 17, 2020 3:43 PM

R5 is correct. The kid was not "attacked." The dog was playing with him but was too big for the kid. You can see he was fine right afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 22October 17, 2020 3:46 PM

The dog was playing? Fuck off

by Anonymousreply 23October 17, 2020 3:59 PM

I can haz feel-good click bait pleez!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 17, 2020 4:18 PM

This is why I hate dog owners. They're just as bad as parents:

"Oh, no, MY kid (dog) would NEVER do that!"

"He didn't mean anything by it! He was just playing!"

They're yours, but you make them everyone else's problems.

by Anonymousreply 25October 17, 2020 4:21 PM

If the dog is a baladi it has no owner.

by Anonymousreply 26October 17, 2020 4:26 PM

Itโ€™s a stray dog

by Anonymousreply 27October 17, 2020 4:27 PM

Nice, but do not expect your cat OR dog to save you or your kids from anything.

by Anonymousreply 28October 17, 2020 4:45 PM

I love these hero kitties!

by Anonymousreply 29October 17, 2020 4:47 PM

Dog in video 1 might have hurt kid but seemed more like he was looking for food . Dog in video 2 meant business.

Cats arenโ€™t necessarily protective of humans, but some of them haaaaate dogs.

by Anonymousreply 30October 17, 2020 4:53 PM

[quote]That cat's a menace to the community. I'm taking it to the sheriff to make sure it's destroyed.

by Anonymousreply 31October 17, 2020 5:14 PM

It was a cat that saved Hitler at age 3!

by Anonymousreply 32October 17, 2020 8:05 PM

It looks like the cat had beef with the dog because the clip opens with the dog menacing the cat under the car. The cat returns for another round with the dog as the dog busied himself knocking over the toddler.

The cat has moxie.

by Anonymousreply 33October 17, 2020 10:32 PM

Dogs are bullies and always attack kill cats

by Anonymousreply 34October 18, 2020 1:31 AM

Typically dogs love kids. Stray fucked up dogs not so much.

by Anonymousreply 35October 18, 2020 1:41 AM

I don't think that kid was actually unattended. It looked like the woman on the bench was watching the kid play while holding a smaller kid. She gets up as soon as the dog goes for the kid, but she seems to be older and not able to move quickly.

by Anonymousreply 36October 18, 2020 2:52 AM

Actually, cats and dogs are not natural enemies. Cats and birds, on the other hand-- big time trouble.

by Anonymousreply 37October 18, 2020 3:18 AM

Cats can be quite protective of children, when they lick babies heads they're treating them like kittens.

by Anonymousreply 38October 18, 2020 3:26 AM

Yes, r38. I have a senior cat (17 years old) and a coworker brought her newborn baby by. We put the baby in a portable crib in a bedroom, and she checked on her an hour later. The cat was spooning the baby and purring. I was relieved that she thought it was cute, because a lot of people are afraid of cats around babies.

by Anonymousreply 39October 18, 2020 3:38 AM

I've seen similar vids of loyal cats. One I watched recently on YouTube was a young boy's pet, and the dog in this vid was much more aggressive. Cat was injured a bit when the dog came after the boy a second time. It was all caught on a surveillance camera. Many animals protect their humans, not just dogs.

by Anonymousreply 40October 18, 2020 3:52 AM

Cats are awesome.

by Anonymousreply 41October 18, 2020 3:56 AM

Tara the cat became a hero 3 or 4 years for saving family's 6 year-old boy from dog attack. She won the SPCA Dog of the Year Award. They scratched out Dog to put in Cat.

by Anonymousreply 42October 18, 2020 4:04 AM

Here is Jackson Galaxy interviewing the family. BTW, the dad Roger is hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43October 18, 2020 4:05 AM

Wow, the dog from the second video was confiscated and euthanized.

by Anonymousreply 44October 18, 2020 6:13 PM

Savage ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

by Anonymousreply 45October 19, 2020 2:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!