Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Plump Dutch couple shamed for holidaying in Greece during the pandemic

They're also the King and Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2020 12:30 AM

Hah just about everyone of my colleagues vacationed in Greece. A negative COVID test 72 hours in advance was a must this summer for anyone from Romania though I don't know if these 2 had to adhere to the same rules as the unwashed masses. I really don't know that the negative 72 hours in advance was that great an idea...in those 72 hours and the ride over there a lot could happen...

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2020 10:14 PM

Orange privilege.

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2020 10:17 PM

R2 - them and Dump.

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2020 11:02 PM

They are a fat.

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2020 11:03 PM

They are a wonderful King and Queen, but this was indeed extremely insensitive. The Netherlands has a record number of daily new cases going on right now.

These are times when you expect your head of state to be there for the country, in the country.

Learn to read the room. Sheesh..

by Anonymousreply 5October 16, 2020 11:09 PM

R5, You are indeed lucky to have Max as Queen. She's fab. He's fine.

by Anonymousreply 6October 16, 2020 11:11 PM

He's gotten cute

by Anonymousreply 7October 16, 2020 11:13 PM

His mum was fantastic, R6. Beatrix brought the “regal” back to this institute.

Willem-Alexander tries a more modern approach, which has proven very successful — but he sometimes truly misses the mark.

Oh well..

by Anonymousreply 8October 16, 2020 11:15 PM

Rona + Fat = Death

by Anonymousreply 9October 16, 2020 11:52 PM

What, Dutchies have a king now?

Back in my day it was always queens.

by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2020 4:58 AM

Since 7 years, R10 — the first in 110 years! And after him, it will be a Queen regnant again.

by Anonymousreply 11October 17, 2020 7:42 AM

Everyone needs a vacation.

by Anonymousreply 12October 17, 2020 7:59 AM

R12 - yeah but not at this rate. Look at how Europe's infection rate has spiked. A young, ultra fit, no booze or drugs or smoking couple I work with here in Romania said they would go to a cabana in the mountains (no problem, it's isolated) and then drive down the Dalmatian coast (no problem, we are in the car and we buy packaged food). Guess what? They have been in the hospital and now home but still sick for 3 weeks with COVID...said German, Dutch and Brits got into Croatia and partied like 2019.

And to R9's excellent point, most were fat and fifty (which my colleagues said really ruined their meals and their mood for romance...just ewww and with zero masks or distancing). Now they think they picked it up there because the Western tourists drink and forget safety measures and argue with what staff, who after 7 months of this, is desperate for the job.

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2020 12:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!