Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone Watching "Someone Has To Die" On Netflix?

Extremely gripping thriller about gay persecution in Franco's Spain. Featuring Mexican hottie Alejandro Speitzer and the always superb Carmen Maura (though let's just say that Women On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown was a LONG time ago).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33October 24, 2020 12:29 AM

I plan on watching it OP.

by Anonymousreply 1October 16, 2020 10:06 PM

WOW

WOW!!

by Anonymousreply 2October 16, 2020 10:12 PM

Carlos Cuevas from Merli !!! <3 <3

Is there a gay sex scene between Cuevas and Speitzer ??

by Anonymousreply 3October 16, 2020 10:35 PM

Let's just say we get full rear nudity from the Mexican ballet dancer with the great ass.

by Anonymousreply 4October 16, 2020 10:48 PM

Yo me como ese culo tan delicioso

by Anonymousreply 5October 17, 2020 12:22 AM

The exchange between Carlos Cuevas and Alejandro Speitzer's characters about being with a man was heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 6October 17, 2020 4:54 AM

You can also see plenty of Alejandro Speitzer 'The Club' and 'Dark Desire.'

by Anonymousreply 7October 17, 2020 5:29 AM

Really exited about this. It looks amazing. And it features the who's who of foreign Netflix television drama. Stars from Elite and House of Flowers, for example.

by Anonymousreply 8October 17, 2020 6:34 AM

The English dubbing is hammy at best.

by Anonymousreply 9October 17, 2020 12:30 PM

Is it in English?

by Anonymousreply 10October 17, 2020 12:50 PM

Switch to subtitles, r9. It's easy.

by Anonymousreply 11October 17, 2020 12:59 PM

It's in Spanish R10, just put subtitles.

Carmen Maura is such a bitch in this film. The director was gushing all over Alvaro Rico's social media. Maybe he can include Alvaro in his next project.

Issac Hernandez and Carlos Cuevas have beautiful round asses.

by Anonymousreply 12October 17, 2020 5:29 PM

Carmen Maura as a psycho bitch matriarch??? Yes, please.

by Anonymousreply 13October 17, 2020 7:56 PM

It's beautifully filmed, but depressing as hell. The dancer, Isaac Hernández as Lázaro , is hot and you get a nice view of his ass in the third episode!

by Anonymousreply 14October 17, 2020 8:21 PM

Isaac has a great dancer's body, but the face is a bit rough looking. Alejandro is much better looking.

by Anonymousreply 15October 17, 2020 11:27 PM

Like another Spanish (Argentinian) gay-themed film Burnt Money, I felt kind of shortchanged when the only sex scene in this show turns out to be heterosexual (unless you count one second of fully clothed imaginative cruising sex). There are some depictions of gay persecution so graphic I felt almost exploitative. And the story line of Carlos Cuevas is heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 16October 18, 2020 10:33 AM

Seems odd that the gay character would drag his Mexican friend all the way to Spain before knowing that he was gay or straight. Even stranger that the Mexican didn't leave once he tried to kiss him in the car or even before when he saw how messed up his family in Madrid was.

by Anonymousreply 17October 18, 2020 12:31 PM

Both interrogation scenes were brutal and the first one was even horrific. And in some parts of the world that's still happening. The scene where the dancer dances for the bully is so beautiful and yet so sad.

Gabino is telling Alonso, when they are in the car together, how he felt about their encounter when they were children, right?

by Anonymousreply 18October 20, 2020 1:17 PM

Looks interesting.

by Anonymousreply 19October 20, 2020 1:28 PM

No, R18. Alonso has not had sex with any man. Gabino is telling him the story about his first time with a slightly older boy near his grandparents’ place in the country in, I think, Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 20October 20, 2020 2:25 PM

r20. Something must've happened between Gabino and Alonso. Otherwise, why would Alonso be so terrified about Gabino outing him?

by Anonymousreply 21October 20, 2020 2:40 PM

Yes, r21. They were in love or at least very close/attracted to each other when they were kids, 10 years before the events in the show. But I don’t think they had sex. In the car, Alonso asks what is it like being with a man. That’s why Gabino explains his first time. It’s a heartbreaking conversation, as someone else said. Gabino at least escaped Franco’s Spain, but Alonso is trapped. He says he tries very hard, every day to stay in the closet, etc.

by Anonymousreply 22October 20, 2020 2:55 PM

r22. Thanks. I didn't pick up on that. I thought Alonso was active since he knew at least one cruising spot. But apparently never hooked up after all.

by Anonymousreply 23October 20, 2020 3:03 PM

Was hoping to like it more. It came off like a well filmed Mexican soap. The scene with the two men at the end in the car was well written.

by Anonymousreply 24October 20, 2020 3:16 PM

R17 I found that a bit odd. Especially how prior to that they are so close even strangers think they are a couple. The scene in the car was very powerful.

by Anonymousreply 25October 20, 2020 3:16 PM

r7. Thank you for the recommendation for Dark Desire. I'll give it a try. I'm currently hooked on Spanish movies and TV shows. I just saw Almodovar's Pain and Glory and it was just as beautiful as SHTD.

by Anonymousreply 26October 20, 2020 3:22 PM

I hope there's a season 2. This just seems... incomplete. I'm hoping that the last scene where everyone gets shot is a deja vu/flash before your eyes moment for the gay son and he does something to change the sequence of events and at least saves his closeted ex and straight friend.

by Anonymousreply 27October 20, 2020 4:31 PM

It's excellent. Shows how class-bound, racist and repressive Franco's Spain was. The boys are cute. And Maura is a perfect Monster Abuela.

by Anonymousreply 28October 22, 2020 1:43 PM

Can the person who dies on Netflix be the one who is canceling all my favorite shows? Hopefully with the heat of a thousand suns.

by Anonymousreply 29October 22, 2020 1:49 PM

It's very old school, gay themed, European art house movie melodrama. Very well done.

by Anonymousreply 30October 22, 2020 2:15 PM

Woman 1: You're always so charming. What a wonderful speech!

Woman 2: And a lovely day. It was cloudier earlier, but it looks like it's improving.

Amparo (Carmen Maura): Yes, it's a lovely day. I hope it's good for you, too.

Woman 2: Indeed.

Amparo: Although you don't look well.

Posing for a group picture.

Amparo: A pity it was captured for posterity.

LOL

by Anonymousreply 31October 22, 2020 2:15 PM

[quote]full rear nudity

He presents hole??

by Anonymousreply 32October 22, 2020 2:59 PM

What schlock! But the young men are attractive.

by Anonymousreply 33October 24, 2020 12:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!