Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Password is Courage

The Password is Courage is a 1962 black and white movie based on a 1954 World War II Memoir. Its the true story of Sergeant Major Charles Coward who was a senior British Officer in the prisoner of war camp Stalag VIII - B. Its a lighthearted film. This movie is on TCM tomorrow (Saturday) morning at 6:00 am EST. Sergeant Major Coward is played by gay actor Dirk Bogarde and Coporal Bill Pope is played by another gay actor Alfred Lynch who is a hottie. Alfred Lycnh picture attached. If you haven't seen this movie, its pretty funny and lots of eye candy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510/17/2020

West 11 (1963) is also a really good Alfred Lynch Movie, he also got his Partner the actor James Culliford a small part in it. They were together over 40 years and lived in Brighton.

James died in 2002, Alfred in 2003

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110/16/2020

I love old-time movie titles like this one, and (my all-time favorite) "Valiant is the Word for Carrie." (The Three Stooges parodied the latter by calling one of their short films "Violent is the Word for Curly").

by Anonymousreply 210/16/2020

Wow, Alfred Lynch was hot!

by Anonymousreply 310/16/2020

Tunes of Glory 1960 starring Alec Guinness which I watched recently, also stars another gay British actor John Fraser. John Fraser wrote a book about his life called Close Up in 2004. He mentioned Dirk Bogarde and his secretary lover of 50 years Anthony Forwood and how Dirk was so closeted and afraid it would affect his career, despite his playing many gay roles. Actor John Fraser is 89 and living in Italy.

by Anonymousreply 410/17/2020

There's still a trailer on YouTube for West 11.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510/17/2020
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!